Author Topic: The Lodjain Court - IC  (Read 24358 times)

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lodja/Kaitaine
Re: The Lodjain Court - IC
« Reply #120 on: April 02, 2018, 12:01:51 AM »
Stasya knew too well what Adelheid was talking about, she too had at one point used social media to her advantage, it obviously helped that Lodja had an obsession with its aristocracy and superficial beauty, something Stasya possessed in equal measure. "If you want rumours you should just move here, we have whole papers dedicated to rumours around the nobility, I'm sure they'd love a foreign royal being tied into them." Stasya chuckled, "Well....more so than already" The Lady in Waiting had held off trying to get anyone to take photos of her and David together, there was no point, that relationship was progressing the way that she wanted with the Morelander King being under her spell the only issue she had was somehow distancing herself with tact from the Lodjain court one day without harming her families standing. To her knowledge there had been no Lady in Waiting who was not dedicated to Sessifet and while Stasya wouldn't consider herself as spiritual as her lover she at least gave Helus the lip service a God deserved. "Seriously though, if you wish to stand on your own two feet why not push for a posting to Lodja as a diplomat, a lady of your standing would be honoured here and you'd have as much intrigue as one person could handle, it'd probably look to your family back home that you were involving yourself in the advancement of your nation too.....that can't be bad right?" she asked. She wondered if David was adequetly missing her yet but determined that she'd leave him a little longer before going back inside.

Darya knew the Island well but also knew that no place would be that quiet at the moment. "Come on" she said taking hold of his hand and leading him through the giant oak doors. "The Palace is a mess of design" she began to explain, "Each monarchy up until about 100 years ago adding their own touch, some extending it, some adding new levels both above and below ground as best they could all keen to leave a mark upon the place, its easy enough to get lost but you soon learn your way around." she lead him the way they had walked in and past the front entrance doors, there sat just a few meters away was the Island's cliff railway car sat unoccupied, two of the Palace guard stood at its doorway. She walked up to the Guard, "You know this is Emperor Orion right?" she barked and the guard nodded unsure exactly who he was being addressed by. "He wants to watch our skies in the warmth so open up the carriage please" she gestured and the guard recognising the visiting royal and the girls face being one he knew linked to nobility he did as ordered. The wooden carriage had large glass windows giving a view of the settlement that wound around the cliffs like a snake, houses had lights flickering beneth them while the fient sound of music from both the Island's single inn and the Palace drifted in a battle of tunes. The carriage had windows stretching from floor to roof at the front giving a view across the bay to Gaia itself where the old part of the city lay in relative darkness next to the bright lights of the new city across the river from the old. The view off to the South was unspoilt out to sea and the stars shone brightly in the clear cloudless sky. "This secure enough?" Darya asked as she sat down next to the Emperor. "I used to come and sit on that ledge over there" she pointed to a rocky outcrop about a meter below a window that peered out across the bay, "I'd grab some sweets and a can of soda, lower myself out the window and sit watching the city or the stars depending on my mood. I actually found out Minister Dragan does the same, even now." she chuckled remembering meeting the Finance Minister there a few weeks back. "But I suspect my visits to the Island will become less over the next few years, unless I manage to snag some connection beyond my father, youngest daughters tend to not get the same chances." she explained. Despite her family being well connected as the youngest child she was kind of seen as less important and so felt like a weight around her father's neck. "So what's your Palace like?" she asked the Emperor as she sat watching some fireworks float above the old city.

The Queen and the Pope found a kind of clear space around them on the dancefloor, this was for two reasons, the first that nobody wished to accidently knock into their newly crowned Queen, and the second many had witnessed the Queen's unrestrained dancing and feared being caught in the whirlwind. Klara didn't mind after all it meant that people couldn't hear as much as they would probably like especially now as the evening was turning towards work. She had received only a handful of diplomatic briefings, mainly about CNN[1] business as her advisors had been keen for her to continue those deep relations. They'd told her ES had sounded the group out about membership but had yet to be accepted, "Well Lodja is about to start on some new paths, first off we intend to do more to ensure our culture is protected, I like the idea of us being more global but it has to be on our terms, so don't expect any great Catholic church building" she smiled, "The people of your faith are of course more than welcome to build places of worship as they require.....as long as they conform to our nations ideals of beauty in construction" she had noticed more and more concrete monstrosities being built across the nation as quick builds for profit spoiling the great artistic archecture that her island home of Iskor presented. "As for extending relationships I am all ears, I know Viktoria enjoyed the idea of the nations of Albion working together and I too believe this is a good idea, although it seems us southern nations are more open to this than the Northerners such as Dartfordia"
 1. As this took place before ES and the CNN connection

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
  • Hallo, Ich bin eine Filipino.
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Quintelia, Socram and Sarandib
« Reply #121 on: April 02, 2018, 08:51:23 AM »
King Lapu was elated to hear that the woman he was dancing and talking with is a relative of a former Queen. He then answered her question. "Why yes, I'm enjoying my first trip here so far, although I have to say, this ceremony's been a wild one." He said, trying to not put his mouth directly on Roksana's face. "What do you say if I invite you with the queen during a 'diplomatic' visit? I'm sure you'd love Quintelia, especially with me ruling it." He boasted, before inviting his partner to take a seat, as his legs were tired and seeing the need to clear the dance floor as he saw the Queen and the Pope begin dancing..
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 12:38:04 AM by General Jaws »

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Republic of Québec
« Reply #122 on: April 02, 2018, 11:36:32 AM »
The Young Pope was pleased to hear the new Queen's plans for the future, that it delighted him much, while they were still moving about. "I can assure you that Catholic Churches are the most beautiful of all of them, so rest assured that they would be able to conform to your great nation's beauty standards, more than enough hehe; the churches are always based on each nation's typical architectural culture in other words. Likewise your faith and its adherents are always welcome to practice it and establish places of worship in the Ecclesiastical State, as long as everyone can respect each other and all, which I'm sure it's not going to be an issue." His holiness also got reminded about certain people he had to talk about.

"Your divine majesty is probably well aware, but in any case it would be great if the Amaranthine Dynasty, especially Empress Helena and her husband Emperor consort Julius, could meet you as well in the future; it's time that they deserve to ger their spot light back considering the last Empress and her grandmother had reigned over 92 yrs...Hopefully, you'll see more of them partaking in state visitations and other events for instance so I don't need to always drag myself if the time's lacking.

Finally I'm an admirer of those trying to preserve one's own culture; it's a shame when globalist forces try to impose their version of poisonus cultural imperialism, as if everyone needs to think and act in the same manner. *Sigh* speaking of southern nations are more open to cooperation amongst neighbours, I have to admit that it's probably due to the prevalence of feminity; Lodja, AT and even ES have in their cores greater rights and privileges for women then in any other place on Mundus, and some say that women as leaders can show more competency towards education and growth of culture, due to their nature as well as men wouldn't be able to bring about the sort of levels of violence and conflict that we see both within and between nations. The women would solve problems without resorting to macho posturing and competition. It may have a larger influence in the two former, but even then in a supposed-to-be 'patriarchial' society such as ES, the 'frivolous' sides of Men have been well-contained thanks to the feminity. I might be blabbering ghibberish for all that I know, even one-sided view, but I suppose her divine majesty would know more or less what I'm trying to say hehe?

Also my Queen, forgive me if the question posed now seems rude and ignorant, but are there any suitable, noble candidates for marriage? Well t'was thinking about our Amaranthine friends and who knows in the future...unless everyone here need to have pre-arranged marriages?"

Online Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Neu Uburzis
« Reply #123 on: April 09, 2018, 11:27:48 PM »
"I did, but the Speaker of Niameck had managed to position his Grandson here. Besides, i already am the Cultural Ambassador. Basically my Brother decided i am the one to go to events and smile and Shake hands. But i do agree, Lodja seems like a prosperous place for myself. Maybe your Queens island Tour? Not to mention your queen is intriguing as well, i doubt she is as carefree as she might seem."
Adelheid was still annoyed she hadn't been able to get Rudolph's position, it would have been a great chance, but Robert had been pushing Albrecht. "What do you think about a fashion show? I wanted to arrange something later this year in Uburzis. Something akin to my Nations liking. All in Organic components, and all in organic material. You think you could catch some Lodjan Designers for it? I need some international Names on the Plate, and you could get some favors giving them a head start before i openly announce it."

Orion was still nervous, the memory of the last queen being attacked in her palace stung in the back of his mind, he sighed slightly as he focused on the question at hand: "Our, no. My Palace is in a way split in two parts." He scribbled on the little doodle board he had retrieved from the servant on the way out: "One part has been built in the decades after the Empire was united. It has clear structures, with the Throne room built like an ancient Noniam Temple, two Courtyards, the former armory that now is a guesthouse. Everything decorated with Columns and ordered. if i had three words to describe that part, it would be Huge, Pompous and Ordered." he scribbled some rough drafts on his paper: "I really like how we have a personal Tram station right in front of it. Makes getting up and down that hill comfortable."
Orion than nodded to the island behind them: "The older part, usually called the old castle, is mostly residential. It's an old defense castle that had been built and remodeled over the centuries until the palace was added. It still has the old defense wall with several bulky towers around it, one of those is where i have moved in with my atelier. inside are a dozen small buildings making up a town of their own, intertwining with each other, steep staircases, confusing walkways. Buildings that have been built into each other. It prefer that place. It's a home. Cozy, warm. You feel like the residents have all left their mark on the structure. This place reminds me of that old castle. everything is a labyrinth of places that cut through and above each other."

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 24, 2018, 02:52:19 PM »
Roksana took a seat with King Lapu, she'd had the chance to travel all over Mundus in her duties and had heard of many people brag about their homeland, sometimes rightfully so, othertimes she'd found their lands to be tedious and ugly. "So what would you suggest I see?" Roksana asked him.

Across the dancefloor Klara and the Pope were engaged in conversation about the marriage thing he'd just brought up. "Well in Lodja a person's marriage must be approved by those above them, theoretically I can order any of my subjects to marry anyone, but I do not intend to do that as such. I will suggest and persuade but not force. As such I intend to not push any of my nobles into marriages with members not of our faith, therefore I am afraid a noble marriage in Lodja is probably well beyond something I can help with." She explained. My own marriages will be probably pre-arranged, but I intend to have a great deal of say in them."

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Republic of Québec
« Reply #125 on: April 24, 2018, 03:08:11 PM »
"It's alright and good to know, each to his own I suppose." the Pope said realising that they've been dancing around for some time know. "Klara, if it's alright by calling you by first name, we may take a break if it would please you, I know I would definitely need one myself hehe. It has been a lovely gathering of friends, allies and acquaintances...good to come out of the box and forget all about the responsibilities that one's own nation puts on one's own persona so to say" TYP said.

Meanwhile as the Pope was busy dancing with the Queen, elsewhere on the floor was President Lavaud and VP/First Gentleman Pomeroy of Bretonnia, taking the opportunity to practise showcasing their true feelings for another in public, treating it as a high-end date. "Have to admit honey, that you're not a bad dancer yourself after all." Lavaud said with a giggle, letting a smile out from Pomeroy. "Well it's pretty common to devalue the knowledge taught at West Point Academy these days, I mean officer training's not all about guns and fancy uniforms..." Before he could continue, a sweet kiss from his dearest Presidential husband interrupted, trying his best to relax and not think abouthow others perceived them.

"Let's take a break, my feet are literally dying, a drink or two's in good order wouldn't you say?" Lavaud asked, with Pomeroy nodding in approval of such a proposition, taking a seat at one of the mini bars, taking the opportunity to chat with anyone who'd fancied a talkative moment with the queer couple.

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 28, 2018, 11:05:15 PM »
OOC- Sorry Norg, only just noticed my post to you didn't copy in.

Stasya had to agree with Adelheid, Klara did seem rather too laid back for a Queen of Lodja, but maybe that was just her style only time would tell. It would however make a rather nice change to be less stuffy than Viktoria had, the old Queen was nice enough but it was like she had to always be this regal, stern faced creature, Klara meanwhile seemed to have a personal touch to her. "While I do enjoy the fashion world its a little hard to attend all the events these days. We get very little real time away from the Queen, so a fashion event in Uburzis may be something I'd miss but you should do it, at least then I can watch the clips on YouTube or see the pictures online. It'd be a nice way of getting yourself some international contacts too, I'll certainly help with that if I can." As the two where talking Stasya noticed David looking over her way, it was getting late and the Lady in Waiting could make out the music winding down to its more slow tempo'd numbers. "I suppose I should go and dance with the King of East Moreland, after all I have been tasked with looking after his every need while he's here." she smiled, "all in the name of duty you understand" she gave Adelheid a knowing wink, "It's been nice catching up with you." she gave her a hug and then made her way back over to David the pair linked hands and disappeared onto the dance floor Stasya's arms drapped around the Morelander's neck.

In the cliff railroad Darya could hear the music beginning to slow, "It must be getting close to the end of the evening." The young noblewoman explained as she stood and opened the door "We should get back" she offered a hand to Orion and lead him back into the Palace and into the main ball room. Couples seemed to be enjoying a more romantic aspect of the evening, slow and close dancing being the order of the day. "It's been nice Your Majesty" Darya bowed slightly, "I hope to see you again sometime" and with that she turned and made her way across the dance floor and disappeared into the crowd.

Klara had been tempted to point out that was only her name as Queen, she was still on a personel level Tatiana. The realisation that was a little rude and perhaps bizarre to a foreigner made her keep her mouth shut to the Pope. She had little idea about the part where he'd mentioned forgetting responsibilities, she's only assumed her's 12 hours earlier and so far she'd not been seperated from them. "Well Your Holiness, I must go and begin saying farewell to my guests. It's been a pleasure." With that she disappeared back across the dance floor, as expected those dancing away made a path for her and Klara couldn't help skip a few steps on her way across. She positioned herself by the door along with Jasmina and Anna as people began to leave she presented them with a small cloth bag no bigger than a fist, inside where a few tokens, two silver coins, one with Viktoria's head on and one with her own, a symbol of the change in order of the monarchy. Also inside where two small packets of salt in a brown paper envelope, both made by the High Priestess and thought to bring luck. Each guest was thanked for attending by the Queen who was then handed one of the bags by Anna or Jasmina. Many noble families took the oppurtunity to introduce their young sons and daughters to the Queen as they left and Klara took time to chat with some. After around ten minutes Stasya and David approached. "I trust Lady Stasya has looked after you?" the Queen asked knowingly.

"Indeed Your Majesty" David said as he accepted the small bag, unlike the others Klara hugged him.

"I trust your friendship with Sessifet holds still?" Klara asked the King as she pulled back.

"I hope we can be friends yes" David said unsure what he'd actually just agreed to but Lodja was a nation he felt a special connection with, especially since meeting Stasya.

"I may ask for some advice from time to time if you don't mind, but that's for a later time." Klara turned to Stasya, "You will not be needed in the morning so please deciate your duties to making sure His Majesty is looked after." Stasya nodded almost looking shy, as though she wasn't fully committed to the coded message the Queen had given, although everyone knew what was meant. "I wish you a pleasant evening" she hugged the Morelander once more and watched as he and Stasya disappeared off. The Queen would be the last to leave the hall and while some simply disappeared via many of the doors in the ballroom it seemed many wanted the final chance to speak with the Queen,.

Online Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Neu Uburzis
« Reply #127 on: April 29, 2018, 10:44:39 PM »
After making sure to properly say goodbye to the young lady, Orion just waved his sketch to Klara off her eating cake, with her 'get over it' face, as he made his way outside with Adelheid just behind. it was a long travel back home and would take a bit in the airship.

Adelheid meanwhile plotted already. Designers from Lodja would be a surefire way to make the event a success, and get her name into the crowd. She smiled to herself as she let the thoughts pass, before glancing over to Orion. He told her off, talked to someone, didn't end up a sobbing baby in a corner. maybe there was hope after all.

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
  • Hallo, Ich bin eine Filipino.
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Quintelia, Socram and Sarandib
« Reply #128 on: April 30, 2018, 09:57:29 AM »
"Well, I uhh, don't know where to start, as there's so many places as beautiful as you." King Lapu replied, as he put his arms around Roksana. "Well of course, theirs the capitol building, The Palace. But if you're looking for natural wonders, look no further than Pagudpud beach famous for its white sands. If you don't like beaches, well we have vast forests. I don't want to sound like a tour guide though, so, you'll see when you get there." King Lapu then continued to drink some champagne. "It's been a nice evening here, but of course, I need to leave." He gave Roksana a hug as he stood up. He walked through the hall, looking around, before coming back to where he came. "Uhh, is there any guest room I can use. If you may not know, I flew my plane alone and... I'm very drunk." He then took his glass and drank more champagne.