Author Topic: The Lodjain Court - IC  (Read 24359 times)

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Nya Åland/Ui Cenneslaig
Re: The Lodjain Court - IC
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2018, 10:13:40 PM »
Lennox found all this making half naked perhaps maybe future Queen's stand of chairs and do a public job interview rather fake, everyone had clearly prepared, and the answers smacked of people saying what was meant to be said. That was until Tatiana refused to play by the rules, he'd took notice when she refused to say any of the others were better than her, it appealed to the competitor in him, a confidence was needed to do the job of a King, even a Prince and the only one who seemed secure in her own skin was the weirdest one of the lot. He'd seen her dancing in the gardens bare feet with headphones on, very unroyal behaviour but not that it mattered. Lennox's own family weren't exactly orthadox, his brother Finley spent all his time in the woods pretending he was some medievel peasant or something, his sister Una was more a football Mum than a Princess, and had even turned her back on their Gods, his youngest sister Cait, well she was like a she-wolf and not exactly ladylike away from the public view.

He had spent much of the proceedings watching Jasmina anyway, they'd not spent as much time together as he'd have liked since the day his wife had slapped his lover. That had caused a few issues but in truth Lennox didn't care, he found his wife dull and annoying, so unattractive that he found it difficult to even sleep next to her. If it hadn't been for his father arranging the marriage and him giving his oath that he'd marry her he'd have walked away years ago. Even the fact he had a three year old son with the sow wouldn't have kept him with her. He'd of course look after Curtis and see he wanted for nothing but he'd be free from the banshee. He couldn't read which of the four Jasmina had favoured, he's ask her later, maybe over dinner in her appartment if he could get away from his wife for an evening.

Lennox had made his way over to where Rupert was talking with some of the Conclave, he had just walked over when he heard him talking about Tatiana. "Weasel you say" he clapped the man on his shoulder, "I'd say more skilful manoeuvring, you put someone in a position they don't want to be and they come out in one piece, well thats a skill I'd want in a monarch. Tell you what, a bottle of 40 year old whiskey versus......I don't know what do you guys even drink that's half good. That they pick Tatiana, you pick your horse.....lady sorry, not that any look like horses.....and whoever is right gets the others bottle, if we're both wrong I'll just meet you here and we'll get drunk toasting our stupidity."

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Neu Uburzis
« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2018, 11:20:06 PM »
Rudolph raised an eyebrow but smiled at the UC ambassador: "I wouldn't dare pick who will become the next Queen, that is under normal circumstances." Glaring at the four Persons on the Chairs, he smiled: "I would call Katyusha then, i have some fine Raspberry Spirits at my Lodgings. And a Bottle of Gin."

Honestly, he really wasn't counting on Katyusha, as he truelly didn't feel like he knew to make an educated guess, but he saw the man walking up to him as intriguing enough to allow himself to loose a silly bet over. He had little interaction with the other Ambassadors so far, and only guessed by the offer of Whiskey it Probably was the Man from UC.

"Any one else want to participate?" looking over to Bessarian: "Well, i'd say some of us already took their Bets."

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2018, 11:44:15 PM »
"Now now let's play this fair." Emalet said approaching Rudolph and Lennox, she'd overheard the conversation and found it intriguing as it was a bit of fun and presented a decent friend making opportunity "It would be a little unwise to ask someone who actually has a say in the final decision to participate in such a wager, compared to we ambassadors who don't have that capacity, I'm not a fan of gambling but this would appear to be a more friendly wager. So a bottle of forty year old whiskey from Ui Cenneslaig, Raspberry spirits and a bottle of gin from Neu Uburzis. If you gentlemen don't mind let me add something to that, I managed to bring a few crates of Mossflower honeyed mead from home in my chambers. So I'll add one crate to the pot and I'll bet on Natalia."

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lodja/Kaitaine
« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2018, 01:55:19 PM »
Alla was slightly perturbed that the selection of the Queen had turned into something to wager, she had no doubt at all that in the bars and ratruns of Gaia the Plebs would be no doubt doing such things but to see what she had assumed where fine upstanding nobles engaging in such activity annoyed her. Jasmina had overheard Lennox's bet, she wondered who he would have bet on during her own candidacy for Queen not too long ago, she was only thankful that she had not had to endure the same conditions that these four who now stood half naked had.

The girls, except for Katyusha who seemed to have been engaged in conversation by some ambassador for the Eccleastical State remained stood silently on her stool waiting to be dismissed or a further question asked. They didn't really know where to look what with this being a new experience for everyone involved. It was only when the Tuluvan ambassador asked a question the girls spoke. "“Schools are built for three reasons: to educate the masses, to train talented persons, and to revitalize the industries. Please explain which of these three is most important.” the Princess asked leading each of them to look and see who would answer first, unsure they looked over at Alla.

"Katyusha seeing as Cardinal Fava believes you are the best you may answer first" the Priestess spoke quietly  having overheard their discussion.

The red head girl thought for a moment, "I would say that revitalizing industry is the most important, the world is ever changing and a good education means you can stay ahead of that and thus make your nation wealthier, which in turn means more money for education, creating an endless cycle."

Next to reply was Natalya, "Educating the masses is the most important, unless everyone has a basic standard of education they will fall by the wayside. Already I see it in Lodja that we have some of our poorer people falling behind in so many ways. A better education would ensure that was not the case for many."

It was then over to Ariana who hadn't even waited to be asked, "Educating the masses, education allows them to be a productive tool for a nation to use to improve the standing of the nation, for each step forward a nation takes the further along the path of success it can take its people." she said proud of her metaphor of sorts.

"I reject the notion completely" Tatiana began, "To imagine that education has only three aims is in my opinion short sighted. Educating the masses, training the talented, revitalising industry, all things being done to people. Education is not having something done to you, it is being part of something, being part of the most exciting thing, a human adventure. Every new thing we learn is precious and can not be pigeon holed, education is not some mass produced product to force upon the poor, nor is it a luxury item to be savoured by the rich, it is for all, and that also means it is not the property of industry. So, my answer is the purpose of education is to equip you to be an active participant in the adventure of knowledge." She had sounded so confident but now she looked nervously around knowing she had rambled on.

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2018, 04:16:23 PM »
Rudolph raised an eyebrow and then turned to lennox:

"I think your chances just rose. A lot." before smilling: "So, if only us three participate, how about the Queen gets the rewards should it be Ariana in the end, unless someone wants to join in and wager on her..."

Those words send across to the other Ambassadors present, while catching a glimpse of alla's disapproving gaze, he admittedly shrugged it off. The Situation had been made awkward to a point where the little wager did not matter the slightest in his point of view. in the end he turned to Emalet:

"Not to be Rude, but you are Lady Emalet, did i get that right? i did not have much time yet getting to know the other ambassadors."

I did not care, Rudolph though to himself, but even eh knew he shouldn't say that out loud.

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Republic of Québec
« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2018, 04:20:01 PM »
"I don't think I've made your aqcuaintance yet either...Cardinal Emile Fava...at your utmost service sincere ladies and gentlemen" he joked as he took time to greet the other diplomatic colleagues of his. "Say, what's this wager all about, perhaps I could offer something as part of it?"

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2018, 05:48:13 PM »
"We are just finding a Pass time and decided to bet some Liquors on whom will become next Queen." Rudolph said, nodding to the Cardinal:

"We got Whiskey on Tatjana, Mead on Natalia, Gin and Raspberry Spirit on Katyusha. Leaving Ariana without a Wager yet. Really nothing serious, just a friendly banter of us guessing who will be chosen. I think if you don't want to bet on Ariana, you would be open to place a second bet on one of the others, though i think having one bet for each would be more fun."

Turning to the other two ambassadors, Rudolph smiled: "Any objection?"

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 28, 2018, 06:04:30 PM »
"Hehehe yeah ok mmh...well out of my humble, Christian spirit I shall bet on Ariana a full bottle of the finest champagne" the Cardinal said whilst nodding in full approval. Although he very much doubted that she could possibly win, Katyusha in his opinion the perfect candidate to win although he was very well prepared to be surprised as well.

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 28, 2018, 09:32:22 PM »
The girls were left standing on their wooden chairs for a further two hours as the ambassadors faded away, the girls legs and feet began to stiffen and go numb and Katyusha and Natalya both at times wobbled and had to steady themselves. Tatiana as a dancer was used to such things, she had spent hours on her feet during practices at the ballet bar as a younger girl as a result her legs were unwobbled by the standing and the minute movements with every shift of weight. What had challenged Tatiana was the boredom, her mind began to wander from topic to topic trying to fid something to stimulate her brain. Ariana on the other hand had experienced similar things before, her posh finishing school had put girls through something similar, clearly not for if they ever became Queen, but to help them develop a sense of grace and poise, apart from rocking on her heels to tip toes she stood still as well.

"Girls get down, get dressed" Alla barked turning her back leaving the four girls to try and readjust to solid ground. She didn't bother to watch as they retrieved the neat pile of clothing the Ladies in Waiting had made for them, the four aides helping their charge to get dressed. As the interim High Preistess left the room she beckoned Besarian and Dragan to follow her, she said nothing as she walked down the corridor until they were well away from the others and found a seat on one of the window sills over looking the very garden Viktoriya had been attacked in. "So as the two men who seem to have the Conclave in their influence I would like to know who you would pick as Queen." she watched as the two men exchanged glances as though trying to see who would speak first, as though being the first to speak may put them at a disadvantage.

"As Lord of the Conclave I see little reason to worry the Finance Minister here, I suspect he is pretty busy" Besarian wanted Dragan to have no input in an ideal world, the financial controller of the nation had been a constant voice against his in the Council and that had irked Besarian, to now have the matter of the next Queen hear his voice the same as his own more so.

"Ah, but Besarian" Alla chuckled, "You see Dragan here is much more linked into the people than you, in the last few years you've spent your time manipulating the nobles and screwing your way through their daughters, people respect you because of your wealth and the number of plebs who owe you patronage. Meanwhile Dragan here is a shining knight type, kind, helpful and is either more discreet in his liasons or lives the life of a monk." she smiled at Dragan who was blushing, "That Nemerian Princess I believe would be a nice addition to your bed, wouldn't hurt foreign relations either." she burst out laughing. "So who would you pick Dragan." The finance minister was still radish red but began to give his answer.

"I would pick Arina, she conforms more to our societies norms, is beautiful and the fact she comes from a large family means we're more likely to be able to gain noble support through marriages." It was traditional that some of the more influential nobles from outside the Conclave could make life difficult using their influence with the plebs, royal marriages had long been a method of satisfying their egos.

"Perhaps even a marriage to you, you're far too old to not have a wife." Alla teased him. "You Besarian?" she turned to the more established noble.

"I would pick Katyusha" he was about to explain his reasoning but Alla interupted him.

"Last time you backed Jasmina didn't you? Perhaps you choice is determined by the fact she's a red head, you have a thing for those sharing your bed don't you, has Katyusha shared your bed yet? Don't answer" she waved a dismissive hand not wanting a fumbling answer. "You two are dismissed with a task, I want you to begin considering candidates to marry the new Queen, I want a shortlist of five, you shall find three candidates between you as I shall put both of you on the list too." The pair exchanged glances, it would be an effective end to their careers in the Conclave but an oppurtunity would present itself. "You're dismissed I shall see you in the Conclave chamber in the morning." she stood and walked off heading towards the Palace's Holy central rooms where she intended to sit and consider the choice. It was a matter that would determine three futures, the Queendom's, that of a young woman and her own as the Queen would ultimately select the new High Priestess. It was as she planned, each of the four girls had gone to their own rooms and now had a visit from one of Alla's associates, a young woman from the Priesthood, each of the young women had been dispatched with orders to begin laying the foundations for Alla's own raise to power. The talks were practically identical,about the importance of tomorrows decision, the role of the High Priestess and the ways in which Alla had supported them, all an effort to make them sympatheic to electing the interim High Priestess. Each of the girls responses were noted and would be delivered to Alla.

The four informants and Alla meet in the darkness of the shrine where the coronation would end up taking place. "So what did you find out?" She asked them and listened carefully to the responses hoping to glean some information that would help her turn the coronation to her advantage, she believed she had a candidate in mind, but it may not get the approval of the Conclave, technically she didn't need it but no Queen had ever been coronated without the backing of the Conclave. "Oh and one more thing" a young blonde Priestess by the name of Sylvia had an after thought, "Each of the others say they spoke to the candidate with the Lady in Waiting present, I spoke to Tatiana and Lady Roksana was nowhere to be seen, although I suspect someone was in the bathroom, she was hiding something." Alla  remained expressionless as she began praying.

It was like the longest night in each of the girls lives, each of them tossing and turning as they knew a single word in the morning would change not just their own future but that of their whole family for generations to come. As the morning light began to creep through the shutters on their rooms their respective Lady in Waiting came to help them prepare, each given an identical dark blue floor length dress almost identical to those worn by Queens of Lodja. While that was happening Alla had meetings with the Conclave, it took some talking around but soon she had them agreeing with her, only after a break meeting with Besarian and Dragan had them come to her way of thinking. It had cost her though, "Fine you shall support my candidate, in return I shall support your continued positions on the Conclave, I shall support Besarian's brother Viktor marrying Anna Utkin, meanwhile Dragan your sister Rebekah will be made Chief Priestess to the Air Force." each had named their price in terms of gaining influence, Besarian had at first demanded to be the First Husband of the future Queen, but Alla had ruled that out, but his second option of his younger brother marrying the influential former pleb now patrician minister of Social Affairs would bring a significant boost to his families fortunes. Dragan meanwhile was more concerned with helping his little sister, she was a dedicated Priestess but had been passed over a number of times for important positions, mainly because of his own unconformaty with the faith. This way he was paying her back and that was something he felt was a fair reward for his support.

In the early afternoon the girls were summound to the Throne room where the Palace staff and ambassadors had gathered. "Each of you would make a worthy Queen" Alla began her persona softer and warmer than it had been during the whole process, she embraced each of the four women and kissed them on each cheek. "Lodja stands at a point where we must now bounce back from tragedy and forge a new path for our people. I know any of you would be able to do that, but we must pick one, those unsuccessful will not be abandoned, any of you wishing to enter the Priesthood would be welcome with open arms, after all you have been found to be blessed by Sessifet." Alla walked up to the throne and picked up four bobbins of gold thread, she seemed to weigh up the four girls one final time before descending the steps, "If you do not enter the Priesthood, we shall find other ways to use you, a bright future in service of our nation should await you all." she handed each girl a bobbin, "unwind the thread" she ordered and dutifully the girls began to, "the Gold thread is the symbol of the Goddess, only a Queen may where a golden embroided blue dress" she was speaking now to the gathered crowd, "traditionally this has been done in private, but a new more open Lodja means you will witness it. The girl with the most thread is the one beloved of Sessifet" as if perfectly timed Natalya's thread ran out, the girl looked glum as she watched the other three continue unravelling their thread, Alla crossed over and kissed the girl on the forhead before motioning for her to stand aside, at that moment Ariana's thread ran out, the girl began to silently weep, her dream broken. Alla sympathetically took her to one side and watched as the two remaining girls continued, Tatiana's ran out next just a second later Katyusha reached the end of hers and let out an excited whoop. "Wait" a confused Alla said stepping forward, she couldn't have made a mistake could she? They'd measured and measued the threads last night, wound them, rewound them and then marked them. She looked down at the wooden bobbin and just as she should she saw three tiny slits cut into the rim of Katyusha's and four into the rim of Tatiana. "This is exciting isn't it" Alla smiled at the crowd, perhaps she could still save things, "I'd like to be doubly sure as the two girls finished very close together. Each of you go to the throne" the two girls made their way up the steps, "Roksana, Jasmina" the two Ladies in Waiting stepped forward wondering what was about to happen, Jasmina had taken part in the exact same ceremony before, but this was not something that had happened then, her bobbin had been the second to last like Tatiana. "Hold the threads on the arm of the throne" the Ladies did as instructed, each hesitating a moment or two before touching the throne, "Walk" the two girls were pointed down the length of the hall and began strecthing out the thread, the ambassadors and staff parted like the Red Sea allowing the two nervous girls to walk past. Tatiana walked in long strides looking straight ahead realising that as soon as she stopped her life would never be the same, it was to her mind important to seem confident as the next seconds would mark the beginning of her reign. Katyusha glanced nervously to her side trying to keep walking straight ahead, she had just shown she'd got the longest thread and was simply waiting for the girl opposite her to stop. Tatiana slipped on a chipped piece of stone, dropping her thread, Katyusha did her best to ignore it but now found herself a few meters further ahead Tatiana retrieved her golden thread and resumed her own steady walk. She could hear those either side of her, following the progress of the girls down the hall, mumble whether it was an omen or not. Katyusha was stopped now and turned to watch Tatiana walk towards her. Surely the next step would be her last but instead she kept advancing, soon she was only two steps away , the last one must be it. Suddenly Tatiana was past her and Katyusha noticed her rival had several loops more thread, she ended her walk a full two meters ahead. Tatiana had no idea why but she turned looked at Katyusha shrugging and mouthed the words "sorry".

Without a word the Lodjain's in the room, including Katyusha dropped to their knees except Alla who stood on the top step of the throne, "Sessifet has choosen, we shall welcome Queen Tatiana of Lodja officially in two days time, we shall release the spirit of Sessifet from Viktoria where she has rested these last few days, her spirit shall join with the mind and body of Tatiana and then we shall proclaim her Queen."

"STOP!" Tatiana spoke, "We have determined that we shall not be Queen Tatiana, we have heard over the last few days our dream of a new era for Lodja, a new start and a new path. It is therefore our belief that Sessifet has not only selected me to be her host, but to lead her nation on this path. We therefore believe that not only will the spirit of Sessifet join with me, but the spirit of Queen Klara Zima, the first true monarch of Lodja, the one who ended the Wars of Nobility, the one who proceeded the dawning of a new age for Lodja, therefore we shall not be Queen Tatiana, we shall be Queen Klara II of Lodja, Guardian of Sessifet." the room looked awkwardly at each other, there was no rule that a Queen couldn't select a new name for herself but it had never been done as families sought to cement their own name in the history of the nation, no member of the Kohut family had ever been a monarch or their consort and so Tatiana was passing up on that oppurtunity but she had her reasons.

Alla looked a little confused herself, but Dragan had a grin spread across his face, the Zima's were distant relatives of his own and so he was proud to have that connection, or did he know something she didn't. "The future Queen thanks you for your attendance today. Ladies in Waiting please take the future Queen Klara to her chambers" the four Ladies in Waiting formed the traditional square around their new charge and escorted her out the room. Alla meanwhile motioned for the Conclave the come to her, "Answer any questions the Ambassadors have, the line is that we are proud to have a new Queen, blah, blah you get the idea. Oh....and Besarian you're free to console any of the rejects." and with that she was gone.

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2018, 11:52:49 PM »
Sir William Henry had been the first ambassador to take up residence on the Island of the Goddess, having first come to the island when his King had signed the CNN treaty of course Lennox had arrived a few days earlier but his reason for being here had emerged clearly to William who had actually befriended the Cenneg royal easily. The pair had bonded over their military background, Lennox still technically a commando of sorts and William a Red Legionnaire officer minus his right leg. It was the beauty of Red Legion that you never truely left, once a Red always a Red, and it simply meant getting moved into a different form of service. William had been lucky that despite losing his leg at 26 he'd managed to serve in the Red Legion communications centre for another five years while establishing the Legionnaire Legacy scheme that had helped so many wounded servicemen do what at first seemed impossible to them as they lay in hospital beds coming to terms with their future less a standard issue limb or similar injury. That had brought him first his knighthood and then a request from King David to come here and help establish the new military procedures for their Lodjain friends. In truth William had enjoyed that experience, he had no wife or children back home and liked the fact he still got to be around military people like Lennox while doing something useful.

He'd witnessed the way his King, a man he knew well after David's own stay at the Legionnaire Legacy centre, had formed a friendship with Stasya during his visits here and guessed there was something more to this than meet the eye, after all he recalled how awkward David had been while trying to impress Matilda yet had relaxed once the relationship was cemented, he noted similar changes in his King's mannerisms around the Lady in Waiting. He had no issue with his King's relationship here no matter how secret it was being kept, Stasya was a beautiful woman and the King was a single man, if anything William was slightly jealous.

During the process he had kept himself largely to himself, David giving strict instructions to remain neutral and visibly so, that had therefore seen him content to attend the various rituals and interviews but keep his mouth shut. Now however the dice had been rolled so to speak and it was time for that neutrality to end, and with that in mind he made his move as the various groups left the hall. He approached Stasya, if anyone would be sympathetic to an East Moreland ambassador it would probably be the woman who was his King's lover. "Lady Stasya" he yelled as he followed the party. He waited for the Lady in Waiting to let him catch up and bowed, "Madam I would ask you to do me and my King a favour" he reached into his inside pocket and produced a thick creamy envelope. "This is an open ended and official invitation to visit East Moreland on a state occasion, my King is keen to continue with Queen Tatian....Queen Klara the strong bonds of friendship we already enjoy. I do not know if he will be able to attend the coronation but I believe he will do all he can to be here." He watched for the reaction of Stasya's face as he mentioned the fact David may visit again soon. "But should he fail to do so he hopes your new Queen will accept the invitation. Please pass my congratulations on to Her Majesty" he gave a small bow of thanks and then returned to his own rooms to write up an official report for the diplomatic service.

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 03, 2018, 08:27:48 PM »

TO THE NATIONS OF THE WORLD

My family cordially invite Head's of State to attend the coronation of my daughter, the soon to be Queen Klara II. She shall soon join with the Goddess Sessifet and assume her position as Queen of Lodja. It is our wish that like her predeccessor this event is witnessed by members of the international community, be it old friends or new. The ceremony will also include the celebration of the life of Queen Viktoria who shall be cremated in the Holy Temple on the Isle of the Goddess.

Those Head's of State, or their representatives visiting the Island for the first time are asked to meet with the Acting High Priestess Alla Kohan at the causeway to the island at 11am, those who have visited the Island before are asked to arrive in the Queen's Throne Room no later than midday. As the Temple itself is extremely small we shall only permit each nation to send two people to witness the ceremony, however we welcome all to the festivities that shall follow after. Please keep in mind that the Temple of the Goddess is reached through two narrow corridors with steep steps and there are no facilities to ease access.

We look forward to welcoming you to Lodja in the near future.

Best Regards

Varlaam Kohut
Father of the Future Queen

The invites had been sent the evening Tatiana had been named as Queen,for those with ambassadors in Lodja they had been hand delivered by an exceptionally proud father. Varlaam Kohut was the third son of a minor noble family, a family however with a proud military heritage despite a lack of great wealth or land. Varlaam was by no means poor, the three small estates he owned and the luxury yacht he enjoyed cruising around the islands on where a testimont to that, but by the standards of his siblings he was just "comfortable" in terms of wealth. He'd proudly worn his Squadron Leaders uniform as he had knocked on each ambassadors door, introduced himself and then checked the name before handing over the thick creamy coloured envelope. He wondered how much longer he would have left with the Air Force, the demands on his time would now be taken up with so many new duties, public events, religious ceremonies, opening new buildings and the like, as Father of the Guardian he would have a role to play within his country far higher than his current one, and much higher than his older brother Artem who was Duke of Granva. His wife Ruslana was busy too, she had to pick out an outfit, find flowers, decorate the hall the way she would like it, after all the role of Mother of the Guardian meant playing a large part in the day to day running of the Palace, something that as an officers wife she was exceptionally good at. It was Genadi, the future Queen's older brother, who was having the hardest time adjusting. He'd always known his sister would be the favourite, it was the way with all Lodjain families that daughters meant more because they were closer to the Goddess, but Genadi had always expected his sister, the awkward whimsical little girl to mess things up and he'd inherit most things, he wondered just what had happened to make her Queen material. He was proud though, and perhaps if granted the title Prince it would help him through his life even more.

The two Kohult children sat on Tatiana's Gaia Residence balcony the morning of the coronation. It was considered bad luck for the future Queen to stay on the island the evening before the coronation. Currently Viktoriya's muslin wrapped body was laying on a funeral pyre and it would apparently mean the Goddess could leave the deceased Queen's body early if she felt her new Guardian close by, and that apparently could be a disaster. She knew there would be visitors arriving at the Palace already as she heard the various detachments below in the courtyard leaving, each assigned to ensure the safety of various Head's of State. She spotted the four men in dark suits get into a car with the East Moreland flag attached and head off. "Stasya will be pleased then." Tatiana smiled.

"Which one is Stasya?" Genadi asked as he leaned back on the chair resting his feet on the marble edging of the balcony. He was still not up to speed on who was who on the Island, only that morning before coming to see his sister he'd bumped into Prince Lennox and realising he was some royal from Ui Cenneslaig had called him King Finley only to recieve a loud chuckle and a firm handshake followed by "Aye if you say so laddie". Put Genadi in a medical situation and his memory was as sharp as the scalpal he was learning to use to do plastic surgury, but names and faces just weren't his thing.

"Darker complexion, smoky eyes, nice lips, dark hair" Tatiana described the Lady in Waiting who was the object of King David's desires.

Genadi thought for a moment trying to place her, his mind stumbling for a moment, "So that's not the one your screwing?" He asked rather bluntly, his sister simply threw a napkin from their breakfast tray at him. "No?"

"No" she smiled as she got up and leaned on the balcony, "That's Roksana, beautiful blonde girl, tall, amazing legs" Tatiana wished she could have come with her but the Ladies in Waiting where not officially in her service until after the coronation, "So hands off" she slapped her brother about the head with the towel that had been on her chair.

"So, you've bagged one Lady in Waiting, another is essentially taken by Prince Lennox...or King Finley....Lennox?" Tatiana nodded as her brother fumbled around, she was in a way glad for him that he wouldn't be expected to be around the Palace all day everyday, it'd send him over the edge what with all the names and gossip to remember. "and one with the Morelander monarch. So kinda limits my choice"

"You don't touch any of them without my say so." Tatiana said firmly, "They have duties that far outweigh your slicing people's noses off....or whatever it is you do." She wondered what it would be like trying to negotiate the corridors of power while contending with the gossip. "Beside I have to weigh up first if I tell the people?" she turned serious.

"What, that your getting it on with a Lady in Waiting?" Genadi asked feeling once more lost.

"No you idiot, that I'm bisexual, I mean I know the stories that Sessifet spent time in the company of women as well as men, but well, the last Queen we had who took a female lover was Elena Pelagiya and she was shit. What if the people think that like Sessifet is bringing a bit of Elena back?" Tatiana wasn't overly superstitious, she followed her faith and saw its purpose but she didn't buy into it as much as she probably should.

"They won't" her brother stood and hugged her, they weren't the most tactile of siblings but they did have a deep friendship that meant Tatiana had no problem confiding in him about her liasons with Roksana. "Look you'll do great, then no one will compare you to Elena at all, and just think in this day and age you could be the first monarch on Mundus to have a wife and a husband." they laughed as a knock sounded from the door.

"Lady Tatiana" it would be one of the last time's she'd hear that name, she knew much of what she wanted to do in her reign would be seen as unorthadox but that meant she would need to keep people onside, and what better way than harking back to the past, hence she had thought long and hard about her title, and believed calling herself Queen Klara II after the nations first real Queen would show respect for the past she intended to change. She walked over an let the servant in, a young girl who normally would spend her time ensuring that the Queen's residence in the city was ready should the Queen deceide to attend a function in Gaia and wish to remain in the city, or simply have some time away from the island. It was a pretty easy job, make sure everything was clean and tidy, the fridge stocked and cars fuelled, but today she was almost a stand in Lady in Waiting. It would take the future Queen several hours to get ready, and so her brother left back to the Island of the Goddess in order to prepare himself. The tide was out and so the causeway over to the island was usable, his driver took him straight over. Unlike many of those arriving today he'd already recieved a blessing, and so he simply waved as Acting High Priestess Alla Kohan waved as he passed. She would be welcoming those coming for the first time and she was accompanied by several of her trainees.

At the far side of the causeway he saw teams of smartly uniformed guards checking the island's hillside railway that saved the longer, steeper walk up to the Palace. He politely nodded to them as he entered the rickity old wooden carriage that was some kind of antique by today's standards but did give the island some charm. He sat down as it hoisted him up the hillside to the summit where he joined his father, mother and the Ladies in Waiting to greet the first arrivals, those who had been here before.

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 04, 2018, 09:14:26 PM »
The Emperor of Achkaerin Peter Azurewind and his newly wed wife Renee stepped down from Fox One, the official aircraft of the Emperor, they'd been here before for the wedding of the now late Queen Viktoriya but that had been when they had been nothing more than a dating couple now they were married and this was their first official outing as such. Lodja never ceased to amaze Peter the beauty of the nation was quite breath taking. Taking Renee's hand the pair made their way to the waiting car that bore the Achkaerinese flag on it, the journey wouldn't be that long, it hadn't been the last time and it was unlikely the route had changed, Peter's mind was also on Emalet, the young Achkaerinese ambassador was the same age as the young woman about to assume the Lodjan throne and the Emperor was a little worried about her hence why he'd turned the couples personal security for the occasion over to Zoe Silvermist, Emalet's older sister, the sisters hadn't seen each other since Zoe had helped Emalet move into the Palace of the Goddess but she like the Emperor was a little worried - being around death at the drop of a hat was Zoe's world it wasn't Emalet's. Still at least the three had all been there before.

It didn't take that long before the car pulled up and the three got out of it, waiting for them a few feet away was Emalet, Zoe embraced her sister first before Emalet greeted Peter and Renee, she then led the Achkaerinese trio over to the Lodjan welcoming committee
"May I introduce His Imperial Highness Emperor Peter of Achkaerin and his wife Renee." Emalet said "And my older sister Zoe."

On the other side of the causeway another pair were making their arrival, from Vafleon came Crown Prince Manius Silverwood and his younger sister Catrain, having never been to Lodja before the pair had read the instructions carefully, having never been to a coronation before the pair had erred on the side of being the early worms and had turned up at the causeway well in advance of the stated time. Better to give themselves plenty of time to find their way if they got lost for some reason. This was a significant moment for these two, it would not be long before Manius was King of Vafleon so it was important to lay the foundations and build a network while they made the preparations for that.

"Acting High Priestess Kohan?" Manius asked, just about controlling his stammer "Crown Prince Manius Silverwood from Vafleon, this is my sister Catrain it's a pleasure to meet you and to visit this nation." he'd opted not to pass comment on the nature of Queen Viktoriya's death as it echoed similar to how his own mother had died and having just lost his father as well the last thing he wanted to do was end up overcome by emotions of that sort on this day.

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
« Reply #72 on: February 04, 2018, 09:58:07 PM »
David had delayed his arrival on the Island of the Goddess, he had considered heading over the night before but he'd discovered that Stasya would be busy, not surprisingly. As such he'd flown into Gaia and found himself watching the World Cup final in the East Moreland embassy building within the city. The King watched eagerly as his former team-mates of Hygelac took the field, the embassy staff sat in the lounge around him watching. It was as though David kicked and headed every ball during the game and spent the final minute of the game pacing in front of the lounges giant TV screen. The ref blew the final whistle and the King literally jumped in the air, the staff around him laughed and wondered just how excited he'd have been if East Moreland had won. His reaction though was understandable, even the embassy staff recognised the sporting miracle they had just witnessed and found it hard not to feel a lump in their throats. It was even more understandable that the tiny nation had been born with the support of people like King David who had stood up to save the wilderness of the southern continent. David watched as his former team-mates stepped up to hoist the trophy and felt tears of pride in his eyes, as well as disappointment, had it not been for a Borlander bullet that was making him feel weaker each month that passed he could have been there.

The King took an hour or two to calm down, he headed to his room and prepared to get ready, he donned his suit, strapped his ceremonial sword on and selected a tie, normally it would have been a red one with white pinstripes, representing his nation, today however he selected a blue one with red and yellow diagonal bars, the colours of Hygelac, but David wasn't that undiscreet, it was also colours of Lodja, the blue and yellow worn by their Queen and the red in their flag. He smiled at the thought of the TV from earlier but also the fact he knew he'd be seeing Stasya. As they approached the causeway he watched as the Priestess was speaking to people he recognised as the Slverwoods, he remembered the ceremony well but now he was a frequent visitor to the Island. He'd arranged to meet his ambassador Sir William at the bottom of the cliff railway. "William, how are you?" the King extended a hand to his ambassador, a man he has selected specifically for this post.

"Very good Your Majesty" he bowed, "I suspect you're chuffed" he knew the King had been watching the game, he'd had his staff sending him pictures throughout the game, "Do they know your a ex-Hygelac international?" William teased him. "Regret hanging up your boots?" the pair laughed as they boarded the rail car.

"Well it's not something I've spoke much of , but I'm a very proud Hygelacite tonight......but even a more proud Morelander, as usual" he remembered the first time he'd come and walked up the path to the Palace, something that as a twinge went through his back he wondered if he could manage without ending up in pain for days. The very thought of it caused him to rub the back where he could feel the stiffness of the scar tissue. "So how is this new Queen?" the King asked.

"Interesting, she's probably the least noble of the four, certainly a little weird....I think in a good way. I mean she seems nice, but she has some kind of an edge to her, something I can't pin point." William still couldn't work Tatiana out but he suspected that she wouldn't be quiet as much an ice queen as Viktoriya, that was unless the Goddess willed it of course. William also suspected the King had his own source of information that could give much more of an insight than his own. As they reached the top of the track the King exited, they spotted the Achkaerin delegates.

"If only Hygelac hadn't celebrated so long I'd have been here earlier" the King whispered to William. "I can find my own way Will if you have things to do or places to be. Meet for a drink after?" the pair shook hands as William made his way to his own chambers to prepare for the festivities after. David approached and waited for Peter and Renee to finish speaking to the parents of Tatiana, as he was introduced to each of the Ladies once more he found it hard not to sweep Stasya up in his arms, instead bowing neatly as she curtsied. "Lovely to see you again Ma'am" he said as he stepped aside, "Peter, Renee" he strolled over to them, "How's married life?" he asked.

Offline Arda Tuluva

• Basically New Zealand
  • Honor and glory! Death and shame to our enemies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 05, 2018, 02:17:40 PM »
The Lodjan ambassador entered the Throne Room in the Hall of Brilliance once she was announced, thrice. She had followed the protocol having done this before. After entering the Lodjan Noble bowed low at the waist, she took twelve steps, bowed again in the same fashion. Then nine steps, bowed; six steps, again another low bow. The final three steps ended with the Lodjan ambassador falling to a full kowtow. Ambassadors were instructed to follow Court Procedure to the letter when presenting themselves before the Daughter of Heaven, else their credentials would be revoked and they would be deported from the country.

A gong rang resonating through the Hall, the Lodjan ambassador lifted her head from the ground and remained kneeling, eyes down. “Honorable and genial, the Divine Queendom.” Ehtelë spoke loudly on behalf of his mistress, “Lodja shines bright upon Mundus, blessed by Heaven and Earth. Fortune and glory.”

“The Great Tercenë govern with integrity and fortitude,” The Lodjan noble said, answering a compliment with another as things were done in here. “Arda Tuluva is the beacon the lights the way. Honor and glory.”

“Honor and glory.” The Empress’ ómari bowed his head, “The Ambassador from the Divine Queendom of Lodja had a petition to present before the Daughter of Heaven, She Who Commands Harmony.”

The Lodjan Noble had a thin wooden box that she held out, another servant came to claim it as she spoke, “Oh Sublime and August Majesty, tidings of fortune come from the Isle of the Goddess! Sessifet has chosen her vessel, who has taken the name Klara II.”

The Empress received the opened box with the official invitation from Varlaam Kohut, the Father of the Queen. Of course, the Autárimë Empress knew of these events from her ambassador in Gaia. However, tradition dictated that she receive it in an official capacity. “Glory unto the highest!” Ehtelë intoned, “May Sessifet’s Guardian guide Lodja to prosperity and fortune!”

“We shall attend this Ourselves.” The Empress spoke.

It was then that the Minister of Rites, Vorondil Ohtarmenelicarë, stood from his kneeling position and moved to the carpet, bowing into a full kowtow before he spoke, “Your Sublime Imperial Majesty, radiant and inspiring. I beg before the Phoenix Throne! It is not proper for the Daughter of Heaven to attend a foreign coronation. Please reconsider!”

Many of the hardline conservatives at court also kowtowed from where they were kneeling speaking in unison, “Majesty! Please reconsider!”

High Overseer Ellālie Spānturo calmly moved to the center and bowed, “She Who Sits Above All Thrones, Oh Majesty, Great and Wise. The stars and omens are in favor of the decision of the Daughter of Heaven.” Before any further protest the Imperial State Astrologer continued her argument, “The Phoenix Throne declared the Crown of Lodja a friend by the infallible Will and Wisdom of Her Most Sublime and August Majesty.”

“Your dissent, Minister, was in the interest of the State and for Our wellbeing, however misguided. Your loyalty and concern are noted. This transgression shall be forgiven. Yet remember Minister, the Phoenix Throne has a long memory that does not forget.”

“The Daughter of Heaven is benevolent. Your servant bows in respect and thanks the Throne for such generosity and absolution.” The Minister of Rites said slinking back to his position in Court.

The Empress stood as to servants opened the beaded curtain, “Ambassador. It is with great pleasure that We accept this invitation to attend the Coronation of Lodja’s new Queen and the last rites of Our dear departed friend.” Looking out at her ministers, “We leave the governance of Our empire into the capable hands of Our most trusted ministers. Let it be known that We shall go under the veil while We are in Lodja. So let it be written.”

“So let it be done.” Everyone in the Hall said bowing as the Empress departed.

The Empress and the Ingaran listened to Princess Nessanië's account of the selection process as they were driven from the airport to the Isle of the Goddess. Although the Empress read the full report, the Princess felt obligated to give the Daughter of Heaven her own personal opinions. Nessanië was, after all, a civil servant and official reports to the Grand Secretariat were suppose to be written without bias and only with facts; little to no personal opinions.

"She is more independent thinking that the others, Majesty." The Princess said, speaking of Tatiana, "Assertive and direct. She understands Lodja and what needs to be done. A respect for tradition, but also of adaptation. She might be willful, but I think the burden of rule will temper her. She is too clever to become Besarian's puppet, I suspect much to his vexation."

"The Conclave, Nessanë, will there be major changes to its membership?"

"I apologies to the Daughter of Heaven for I remain ignorant on the workings of Conclave appointments."

The Empress waved dismissively, "In time you shall learn the finer workings of Lodja's court and politics."

"Majesty, if I may speak freely?" She asked, the Empress gestured her approval, "The interim High Priestess is slightly... unorthodox in her demeanor."

"Whatever actions or words taken before Her Majesty are sure to be understood as simple cultural misunderstandings." The Ingaran said, "Not all are as enlightened as us, Nessanië."

The Empress set her hand on his lap, "We concur. This is why We have decided to go under the veil."

Going 'under the veil' is an Arda Tuluvan tradition used by the Imperial Dynasty and members of the Blood that is used for two reasons: to atone for a transgression or to bridge the gap between the castes. It was first used when Empresses would lead their troop into battle, so that she could command easily and so that her soldiers could speak freely to her in the heat of battle.

The Arda Tuluvans arrived at the Isle of the Goddess. The Empress and the Ingaran wore matching white silken arlapili with red accents embroidered with ornate designs in red and orange; phoenixes adorned the Empress’ garments while dragons decorated the Ingaran’s. However, the Empress wore a veil that covered her headdress and face, it was so sheer it appeared almost invisible. On the Empress' left index finger she wore the Polished Ring that had been given to the her on behalf of the Lodjan Plebeians on her first visit and a silver bracelet with a single charm of a Kingfisher that Vikotirya had gifted. The Empress knew that only Lodja's queen was allowed to wear blue, so she made sure that no blue adorned either of their robes for this auspicious and significant ceremony.

Ehtelë, who had memorized the roster and pictures of all the guests and Lodjan officials, introduced the Empress and the Ingaran to the parents of the future queen. She did not extend her hand, nor bowed, but simply stated, "Blessings and fortune upon your House. Honor and glory." The Ingaran bowed his head in respect. Even though she was under the veil, being introduced to Ladies in Waiting was still far to undignified for her station as she continued.

The Empress noticed the King of East Moreland speaking with the Achkaerinese emperor. King David III had noticed the Arda Tuluvans enter; as it wasn't the most subtle of entrances, their ostentatious dress and the host of servants the followed the Empress holding various banners and sigils. He bowed in respect as she nodded making her way over towards her fellow monarchs.

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 05, 2018, 04:56:27 PM »
His holiness Pope Peter II 'The Young Pope' and Sister Arilda, 1st Lord Protectress of Baltikum finally arrived at the Causeway to the Isle of the Goddess in their most striking attire they could possibly manage to scramble forth for this upcoming funeral and coronation with the accompanying Guardians of St. Peter's Throne, wearing traditional garments and armor as well as armed with their hillebards. Well it was like travelling backwards in time historically speaking, it was quite more common in the old days; there were however a few of these nations with conservative-minded practices.

Sister Arilda was once one of TYP's mentors alongside Bishop Martin Deed back home in Achkaerin, and as of today one of his most trusted friends he could really rely upon; It was together with the Knight Commander Hugo Lascalles that she was chosen by them and later accepted by the Baltic people in a referendum to be the first ever female representative/Lord Protectress of ES' and Mountjoy's presence in Baltikum. Although the title was very much ceremonial and little to none in actual powers, it still carried a great deal of influence all across the Diplomatic chess pool, and as such one of the criteria for becoming the Lord Protector of Baltikum was to ensure that one had good knowledge about the country and her inhabitants, which was the case with Sister Arilda having a citizenship alongside her Achkaerinese and ES one in addition; Sister Arilda was Morelander in nature but unfortunately due to unforseen events in her past life...she no longer has Morelander citizenship What she could do trying to represent Baltikum in the grand celebration of events...only time would tell everyone quite enough.

"Charming to meet you here...honored High Priestess" TYP greeted with Sister Arilda doing the same.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 05:04:51 PM by The Young Pope »

Offline BenOfTheIwi

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Commonwealth of the Unified Iwi
« Reply #75 on: February 06, 2018, 09:40:09 AM »
King Piripi was rather looking forward to the event, he hadn't travelled much beyond his brief visit to Ui Cenneslaig for a spot of rugby and the formation of the CNN and he had heard tales of the balls and banquets held in Lodja. He had also read about some ceremony or something he would have to go through before meeting the new Queen, he didn't mind despite the fact it wasn't his faith. He was from a culture that appreciated ritual and tradition and he was excited to see what would happen in this one.

He had brought along his wife Maata and unsure of the local climate both had opted to wear more formal attire that they would back home, but each wore their feathered capes symbolic of their rank.

They arrived at the causeway and the King made his way over to the High Priestess and introduced himself, he had considered the usual hongi greeting of pressing noses but unsure what was to come didn't know if that would be appropriate and so settled for a handshake before greeting the Pope, who as someone who had been adopted into an Iwi was pulled towards the King as they shook hands the giant King stooping to press his nose to His Holiness. "Pope Peter of the  Te Whakatohea Iwi it's a pleasure to meet you again."

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 06, 2018, 02:33:52 PM »
The Young Pope really thought that the inevitable would happen right now, he didn't mind anymore as he became dramatic. He suddenly pulled out a huge kitchen knife from his sleave, handed it to King Piripi and made himself larger with his arms drawn out like how Jesus was positioned on the cross. "I would like to apologise to his honorable and great majesty Piripi of the Noble people of the Iwi for committing a grave sin, dishonoring and staining my adoptive family. As such my presence is no longer worthy to be seen in front of your highnesses' sight and as such you may deliver the according punishment on me, my God will decide what my faith will be in the afterlife and I shall-..."

Before TYP could continue any longer with his blabbering, Sister Arilda who was standing right beside simply face palmed into shame, sigh, took the knife and handed it to a body guarc to get rid of.

"Oh for God's sake Peter, stop being so melodramatic, you're frightening our Iwi friends...*sigh*...Look I apologise for my adoptive son here, he can sometimes be over-the-top when it comes to handling matters of great importance, it seems being Pope of the Catholic Church and King-Bishop of ES hasn't changed much attitude. So TYP...hey, shut your mouth and let me explain...Ok, so what dear Pope here's trying to say is that he is deeply ashamed for the treaty between ES and RS which doesn't only include official trade but also foribidden extradition of suspected RS war criminals and the like to Iwi authorities as they'll be returned back to RS instead. Now Pete has finally come to his senses after researching more about this sad conflict between your people and the RS whose government have known to commit actual genocide on your people...If this entire treaty insultens the high standing of the Iwi, The Pope would more than gladly end this treaty once and for all. Now boys if you want to talk things thorougly, might I suggest waiting for an opportunity to do so during the coronation event mmh? Gosh, to think I became involved in this mess...I was just here to represent Baltikum and not aid with...with...I can't think straight anymore, aging does have its nasty privileges..."

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 06, 2018, 08:29:56 PM »
"Married life is full of surprises." Peter said "It just feels like life gets so much easier when there's someone to share it with part of me had forgotten what that felt like."
"Though we haven't managed a honeymoon yet." Renee said

"Truth be told that's because neither of us expected to be married at this point, we can thank my children and niece for ambushing us with that one." Peter said, remembering how a Christmas Eve concert had suddenly become a wedding ceremony without the prior knowledge of the bride or the groom.
"Well after you proposed at a concert we probably should have seen it coming." Renee said nudging Peter
"True I suppose." Peter said he looked at David, what a pair they made - two monarch's both with previous marriages that had ended in different ways, both fortunate enough to get a second chance though at least Peter hadn't had the bookies betting on who he was going to marry nor had he had anyone trying to tell him who he could and couldn't marry. "So how are you and Jocelin?"

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 07, 2018, 09:18:17 PM »
Orion was rather jumpy as he arrived with his cousin Adelheid, he had been to the RS before, but never had been on an entirely different continent. He straightened up his Tunic as he got out of the car, While Adelheid took of her Sunglasses storng them in an overprized designer handbag:

"Too bad Stasya won't have time. I had hoped to get shopping with her." she said, while Orion sighed: "Could you leave that Clutch in the Car? you look like a cheap Attention graber with it, not like the cousin of an Emperor."

"Urgh fine" Adelheid groaned, before Orion added: "You know, you are supposed to keep an eye on me, not me Babysitting you."

The young Emperor nervously fiddled with his Fingers, only to groan hearing Peters voice, he placed Adelehid between himself and the Popes line of Sight, as he spotted the Arda Tuvulan Empress entering, his Gaze wandering past her Company:

"You do realize you are on Pair with her, Orion?" Adelheid added, Patting him gently on the back before placing a wreath of golden Oak leaves on his head: "Looks Imperial to me, minus your height." she grinned, before guiding her cousin along the way. Maybe she'd Spot a potential Husband at this event as well.

Orion meanwhile carefully had inclined his head towards the Iwi king, not to loose the wreath he had to be especially careful, before walking over to the Group of three Monarchs: "Imperial Majesties, your Highness." he said, trying to hide his nervousness as he whipped back and forth on his Toes: "Strange feeling, yet another Coronation that is also a Funeral. Do you know if we can pay Respect to the late Queen before the main ceremony where she gets handed over to the Flames?"

Adelheid was keeping her Distance, making Selfies of herself in front of the crowd, posting it to Social Media. #NewQueen

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
  • Hallo, Ich bin eine Filipino.
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Quintelia, Socram and Sarandib
« Reply #79 on: February 08, 2018, 09:07:55 AM »
King Lapu arrived in Lodjia all by himself. After all, he was a former pilot. His big scar showed on his forehead, but he did not try to hide it. "What was I thinking back in Pardclinia?" He thought as he approached the causeway. Although strictly advised by his children, his personal doctor, and even by his staff to stay in Quintelia, he secretly escaped away to attend this event.

He started to look around for his friend., seeing a woman taking selfies and a few monarchs he saw back in Royal Seleucid. He walked past them, rubbing his scar. Then he saw the Pope in an awkward position in front of the Iwi King whose name he forgot. Closing his eyes for a second, trying to keep a straight face, he approached the three and asked. "So, are we having another funeral here or what?"
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 10:31:10 PM by General Jaws »

Offline BenOfTheIwi

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Commonwealth of the Unified Iwi
« Reply #80 on: February 08, 2018, 12:53:24 PM »
 King Piripi had heard of the Pope's actions and had considered his response before coming, assuming of course the holyman came. It was clearly an issue, previous the King had hoped that should any of these rats be at large across Mundus they could be brought to justice but the Pope had now given them a place to go to ground outside of their homeland, if any others followed the Pontiff then it could make his investigators lives very difficult. The King however had a problem, to bring up such a matter on a day dedicated to a Queen, and the Queen of a friend. There were certain ways of doing things, certain traditions and the King was ever one to follow them.

As the Pope made his theatrical gesture the King was rather surprised, "I would not dare spill your blood brother" he grimaced the last word, he recognised that the Pope wouldn't understand that this comment wasn't all that it seemed. "It is also rude to discuss your own business within the Marae of a host on their special day. Our focus should be upon them." It wasn't entirely true but Maori custom did suggest that disputes be put aside on the ceremonial day to honour the  ascent of a new chief and in many ways the Queen would be considered a similar thing. "Emperor Orion of the Ngāti Kahungunu" the King had spotted the young Emperor, another whose nation had accepted the adoption of the Iwi during Matariki. The tall King leaned down to the young boy pressing noses together. "How are you finding your royal rank?"

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 08, 2018, 01:49:09 PM »
"Well..." Peter whispered to Arilda, "This...went much better than expected, thought at first that he would have already knifed me to pieces but I suppose traditions and manners do matter to him no matter where the action takes place-..." Sister Arilda shushed him, was thinking of ways relations between the Iwi and the Ecclesiastical State could be saved. After some moments of thinking she may have come up with a half-solution, which in practical terms means more like hints at solutions, but solutions they were nonetheless. "Alright my holy adoptive son, just listen and do as I say, alright? Have a chat with Lapu and Orion here, bet they would love to hear about the secrets of an eternal life and I'll...have a chat with our big tough guy here." TYP naturally questioned her, he was much taller and stronger, who knows what wrong buttons she might press...but alas in the end as TYP asked how things were with Orion and Lapu, Arilda took Piripi to the side.

"Look...who knows it migh be a bad idea for me to talk to you, in the it might worsen the relations than they are currently. Might I begin by telling you first that you handled my holy adoptive son well, sorry again about the whole charade with him trying to convince you to slice and dice him as he were to be a sacrifical lamb...Oh TYP, please do understand him he wasn't exactly bred to be Pope, not at his age in the sense he's...Young heh? Inexperienced? In any case prior to us coming here...he told me he did it due to getting a rush from it, at first he wanted to do what was sensible by not agreeing to said treaty while going around shppping for some cheesy jewelry and the sorts...I figured he just wanted to taste how it is to live on the edge, on the sinful side for once, you understand my drift? You see if you really got to know the real TYP, he's not like that, he's...he's a good man, nothing more, nothing less; he needs every friend he can possibly get, including his adoptive Iwi family and you Your majesty, YOU...you have a good heart inside and by not accpeting the knife finishing his life at the instant and dumping him in the lake...honorable and admirable.

Now let me cut to the chase...TYP could either terminate this treaty to begin with...or if you think about it, is it really that bad that TYP got himself into this messy deal? Now that he has signed such a treaty...it could be used to your advantage Piripi, ES managed to penetrate into the heart of the enemy, who knows what that might be used in your plans against the RS which surely TYP wouldn't mind aiding you in that regard. If I were you look into possible loop holes...Sure my big friend, I may be a nun but a nun who has seen a lot of shit going on for all of these years God has chosen me to live upon Mundus...Ok, How about we return to the party Piripi?" With that cleared out of the way, Arilda returned to the company of the other royals tapping TYP on the shoulder, "So my gentlemen...what have you been scheming about hehe?"
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 02:11:04 PM by The Young Pope »

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 08, 2018, 03:53:00 PM »
Manius and Catrain had found the scene down at the causeway all very amusing as they waited for the appropriate time. Interesting that as Vafleon's King in waiting and sister stood politely and silently that they'd found themselves treated to something of a show.
"You ever worry about how we'll do if people older than us act like this?" Manius whispered
"Who wouldn't?" Catrain whispered "Still at least the King of the Iwi seems reasonable."
"True." Manius said
"And the Pope?" Catrain asked
"A little like us in need of a few lessons." Manius said he glanced at his watch, not that much longer until the appointed time. Just don't ruffle any feathers, say hi to plenty of people and remember to congratulate the new Queen and give her the gift Amulius made. he recited the points over and over in his head. Vafleon needed to make a few friends and open up to the world, so they'd come up with a way of doing exactly that.

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 08, 2018, 09:23:53 PM »
Orion nodded to Piripiri, his shoulders hanging down slightly as he made nervous circles with his feet on the floor:

"So far this is my First official Travel as the Emperor. At home people mostly walk to Albrecht since he is the Regent and doing most of the actual work. Weekdays i am back at the boarding school so, i am kind of a weekend Monarch."

he smiled a little, looking over at peter, then back to Piripiri:

"I think Albrecht, i mean, the Prince Regent, mentioned he wanted to try and find time to talk to you as well. Well and also if you had any Organic Cocoa Plantations in the Iwi if i recall right." Orion slowly pushed his wreath back in Position, before continuing: "If things stay the same, Julian Wingert will return for the Matariki this Year. We are debating who will come with him though. Not her, though."

Orion glanced over to Adelheid, as she had made her way over to the Vafleon Dignitaries, as she simply took a place next to them making a selfie once more: "How Nice!" She almost tweeted like a bird, as she twirled around the two: "I hope you don't mind me taking Pictures." she said, after the fact, before adding: "Your Majesties! Such a rare occurrence to see you. Let's make sure all of our people will see how well Princes Adelheid and the Vafleon Royalty get along." Making another shot, she twirled around them: "How was your travel, and is it your first time in Lodja as well?"

Orion groaned almost in Painful agony, as he focused back on Piripiri: "Nothing like her Brother, i am afraid." hos voice in an apologizing tone: "Not everyone has a feeling for the right place or the right time." Orion didn't even try to hide he glanced at peter that moment: "Anyway, Prince Kurt mentioned you said you weren't part of an Iwi yourself, so is King the only title you have or are there more? Excuse my Ignorance." he blushed slightly, before taking a step back when Piripiri was dragged away by the Ecclestial person.

Offline The Final Irish Republic

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Final Irish Republic
« Reply #84 on: February 11, 2018, 05:59:47 PM »
For someone who’s primary job was to manage foreign affairs, Jack hadn’t done a very good job. For years since the formation of the Irish Republic he has kept the nation isolated, afraid of foreign influence disrupting the system he had worked for years to get back from the old rule. But, alas, the people were starting to dissent and what better way to get to know the other leaders of the world than at the coronation of one. Perhaps he could even try and make some international friends in very high places. So as Jack stepped out of the white sports car that had taken him from the airport he flattened his equally white suit, straightened his black tie and walked toward the causeway where he was to meet the priestess.
“Miz Kohan I presume?” O’Connell inquired with an outstretched hand, “Jack O’Connell, President of The Final Irish Republic.”

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 11, 2018, 07:56:24 PM »
In order for TYP to move his spirits up after the somewhat dramatic encounter with Piripi, he spotted an opportunity to gain a new friend; he excused himself from the others before he approached the latest foreigner amidst the group. "Ah isn't it President Jack O'Connor of the Final Irish Republic...an honor to finally get to meet you in person...you might know me as Pope Peter II of the Ecclesiastical State a.k.a "The Young Pope", quite a fancy nickname I got from the masses." He greeted while shaking the President's hand.

"Sister Arilda here, Lord Protector of Baltikum and one can call me TYP's adoptive mom hehe." she also took the opportunity to greet the Irish President.

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 11, 2018, 10:01:42 PM »
In order for TYP to move his spirits up after the somewhat dramatic encounter with Piripi, he spotted an opportunity to gain a new friend; he excused himself from the others before he approached the latest foreigner amidst the group. "Ah isn't it President Jack O'Connor of the Final Irish Republic...an honor to finally get to meet you in person...you might know me as Pope Peter II of the Ecclesiastical State a.k.a "The Young Pope", quite a fancy nickname I got from the masses." He greeted while shaking the President's hand.

"Sister Arilda here, Lord Protector of Baltikum and one can call me TYP's adoptive mom hehe." she also took the opportunity to greet the Irish President.
"No the pleasure is all mine," replied Jack, "I've read about the policies you've been establishing in the news. I never though I'd see the day that a centralized system was done right but I have to say your leadership is one I speak highly of. As for you, Ms. Arilda if I may call you that, I can't say I'm all that familiar. However I'd be more than open to learning more about your Baltikum and yourself of course."
O'Connell smiled and motioned towards the open doors, "After you."

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 11, 2018, 10:29:42 PM »
"Well on behalf of those advocating and representing a cerntralized system, I'm deeply sorry for what miseries of the sorts your people had to suffer under...apologies once more. But at least FIR has figured the ultimate way to lead its people to greater heights and I suppose it's each to his own when it comes to the 'perfect' forms of government. I do take it kindly about the positive words you had to say about how it's run in ES, i do agree as it's hailed as one of the most effective within its category, but the road to attain such reputation has been long and painful...like everyone else's...isn't that true Arilda?" The Young Pope replied before asking the Lord Protectress.

"Indeed...well in any case it's nice that you've arrived to witness a new monarch to be crowned so to say. As for your willingness to learn more about Baltikum and myself...if there are any questions that you'd like to have answered, please don't hesitate Mr. President, nothing is 'dumb' or irrelevant'. the Lord Protectress said in a happy tone.

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 11, 2018, 11:00:58 PM »
Alla Kohut, the stand in High Priestess had rather enjoyed the specticle of the various leaders arriving and their attempts to socialise, it all seemed rather awkward and if this Christian Pope was the supposed example of his faith he had much to learn, unlike this Jesus character's father, Sessifet only selected people who made good decisions to be her representative, but then again everyone knew it wasn't hard to manipulate a man and so the fact this Pope had been seemingly duped was no surprise, Alla had secretly wanted to see what happened if the giant Maori King Piripi took the knife.

As the Irish Republic's President arrived Alla was told it was time, "President O'Connell, a pleasure" she lightly shook his hand much like she had the others. "I am afraid" she raised her voice, "That the time has come for the ceremony, please don't worry it doesn't hurt.....much" she chuckled as a group of photographers and TV crews gathered behind her to record the occasion. Three younger Priestesses arrived. "Seriously though I do suggest that you keep your eyes closed when it begins, otherwise it can be rather painful." Each of the younger Priestesses held a different object and they lined up behind Alla, she closed her eyes and raised her voice to the heavens, "Sessifet, Mother of us all, Guardian of her children, these visitors request admission to your sacred rock, to the home of the Goddess. Do you object to them?" She waited a moment or two and having no objection come forth she opened her eyes. "Then we shall prepare them to enter into your realm. You surrounded your home with salt to ensure its purity and now we use that gift to purify these travellers" she took from the first girl a bowl of white salt crystals "I would keep my eyes shut now" she whispered to those before her, waiting for each to do so she picked up pinches of salt and threw them at their guests, she struggled to get it onto the head of King Piripi and found herself taking extra care with Emperor Orion, after all she didn't want to upset a child. She walked around the line up of Heads of State reciting sacred words as she did, once back in front of King Lapu whom she had begun her lap at she handed the bowl back to her aide. "You may open your eyes." She announced, "The outer body is pure, now the inner body must be purified." A tray covered in a bright white cloth was produced and a series of tiny chocolate sweets were unveiled. "Normally we would use salted beef, but we were not sure if any of you were vegetarian, its not something we get many of here in Lodja but never pays to be too careful." she was again whispering so the media couldn't hear. "It's salted caramel" she explained as she took the tray and presented the first to Lapu, "With this food the Goddess is sharing her bounty and purifying your inner body with her salt." she waited until each of them had taken the sweet and eaten it. Finally she returned to her starting point and accepted the final object from her young apprentice, "Having been purified inside and out you will now be responsible for ensuring you maintain that purity and to aid you that we present you with this." The final girl had a wooden chest and inside where several velvet pouches, "Sessifet sends you from this place with her salt to spread the purity you have gained today." she presented each of the visitors with them. It was supposed to be used by visitors everytime they returned, each Lodjian visiting would carry their pouch in a pocket and sprinkle the salt on their hands before crossing to the Palace as a superstition, she doubted any of the visitors would do so as she wasn't about to sit and explain all aspects of their culture.

"You may now cross" Alla announced, "There is a horse and carriage for those who wish, or you can walk, we have about an hour before the causeway gets covered by the tide, it's about a kilometer and should be quiet dry." without a word she turned and accepting a sacred staff began walking across her hood of her robe now pulled up as the slight wind caused her broad sleeves to flap in the wind.

Those at the Palace meanwhile had been enjoying the hospitality of the soon to be Queen's parents, Varlaam and Ruslana Kohut, both had never expected to be in the situation of dealing with some of Mundus most influential people. "The Tuluvan Empress is a friend of Viktoriya, we should speak with her" Varlaam said nervously and began making a bee line towards the monarch, it was then that Dragan Knežević intercepted them.

"No offence sir but you'd be out your depth there.....its a cultural minefield" the Finance Minister put a supportive arm around Varlaam, "I suggest you go speak to the Morelanders and the group gathering there, far easier way to get your feet wet." the grateful Varlaam nodded and made his way over to that group meanwhile Dragan headed over to the Empress and instead of addressing her aimed his attention at her aides, bowing before speaking he began, "May I have the honour of addressing the Empress" he waited before continuing, "Once more I am honoured to welcome you to our nation, I hope you do not mind me taking a moment of your time before speaking to your royal equals" he gestured to the group where now Varlaam and Ruslana were talking. "I would like to humbly offer some advice. I know that your Imperial Majesty considered Queen Viktoriya a friend, but our customs do not see today as a day of mourning, but rather a day of celebration. Viktoriya's work for the goddess was at an end, she had achieved the Goddesses aims and Sessifet wished her soul to be released to the heavens. We therefore today celebrate the fact that Sessifet is returning to us rejuvinated ready for greater challenges. With that in mind I would like to ask a favour I have no right to beg for" he lowered his head as he spoke, "I know Queen Klara will be much different to Viktoriya, I will attempt to guide her but she is more headstrong than her predecessor, I ask that your nation be patient with her for I do believe she will grow to be a good Queen, but it will take time for her to be moulded." His request over he raised his eyes, "I would also like to apologise for not wearing the gift you gave me last time we meet, I have put it to good use I hope this day and I hope you will be pleased. I apologise for taking up your time." he bowed and backed away returning to the others in the Conclave.

Meanwhile Varlaam was engaging Peter and David in small talk about their military days, a subject he felt more at ease with. He had finished telling them about how happy he was with the changes that had happened to the military since Viktoriya had come to the throne when those from the causeway arrived. He made his excuses and went and introduced himself to each of them in turn.

Back on the mainland the Queen was ready, her hair had been put into a bun at the back of her neck and the dress had been checked and double checked. Accompanied by her brother and a guard of honour she had boarded the royal carriage, an open top red wood construction with elaborate piping in gold leaf. Tatiana had remembered watching the coronation of Viktoria on the TV and remembered how serene and calm she had appeared and Tatiana wondered now how she managed it as her stomach was doing somersaults. The carriage pulled out the compound and a phalanx of mounted men formed a moving guard around her, although not tight enough to block the assembled cheering crowds view. Tatiana had at first tried to sit ram rod straight looking expressionless eyes fixed to her front, but that had felt wrong and so a smile had crept onto her face and she waved at the crowds as they wound through the streets. By the time they arrived at the Palace the causeway was beginning to be kissed by the tide, it gave them plenty of time to get across though, the water gently caressing the wheels as they turned onto the winding road up to the Palace. Many of the Island's inhabitants lined the streets to see their new employer who nodded appreciatively as groups bowed as they passed. While the guests were being entertained by her father and mother she was escorted into the Temple where a funeral fire had been built, the four Ladies in waiting surrounding it dressed in white. They stood as their new Queen arrived and took a newly crafted silver pendent from around her neck made from an eight pointed star and ship, witnessed by the Priesthood Tatiana spoke as she placed the pendent on the pyre. "Viktoria I am proud to follow you and ask Sessifet to guide me as she did you. I have choosen as my emblem the star and ship and ask you to take this news to the heavens so that when I am released from my worldly body a place can be prepared for me as it will now wait for you." Alla nodded that Tatiana had said the words correctly. "Time to get the show on the road then." Tatiana giggled nervously knowing what would happen next.

A few at a time the guests came down the narrow corridors and spiral staircase that lead to the first chamber of the Temple, it's walls brightly decorated with murals of the Lodjain countryside. It was cramped in there and many Lodjains had been excluded including half the Conclave, those present determined by lots. Dragan remained in the Throne Room where the Queen would hold her first audience after the coronation, a large screen had been set up and the hidden remote cameras in the temple relayed the images to the nation as well as the room. They watched as the new Queen entered from the floor below up one staircase as Alla and the Ladies in Waiting entered from another. The High Priestess tapped her staff loudly on the ground to attract the attention. A single chair and crown sat on the tiny table sat next to it. "Behold, Sessifet has choosen" Alla pointed her staff at Tatiana. "Who are you child?"

"I am Tatiana, but soon I shall be Klara, Queen of Lodja, Guardian of Sessifet, Grand Cordon of the Supreme Order of the Phoenix." she looked for Dragan to see if she had said the final part correctly and had remembered to tap the jade dragan pendent around her neck as she did hoping Dragan was right about it's meaning.

"Sessifet accepted you and will join with you once she is free of Viktoria's body. We go now and free her, sending Viktoria on her path to the heavens, her work here done she will shine as a beautiful glorious Queen among Queen's." She picked up a torch and handed her staff to an apprentice using her now free hand to take Tatiana by the hand and lead her down the steps.

"Follow please" Lady Stasya gestured and waited to make sure everyone had gone before following. Downstairs the Temple was slightly larger and the body of Viktoria was sat in the centre. Alla passed the flaming torch to Tatiana who thanked Viktoria for her reign and tossed the torch into the wood which having been soaked in oil ignited instantly, anything else would have been a bad omen. The smoke began drifting into the curved chimney which wound through the labrynth of the Palace, the smoke visible to those outside the Temple as it drifted above the Palace a visual symbol the old Queen was no more. Each person filed past, some thanking the old Queen as they went, others placing notes in the flames, as King David was to file past Lady Jasmina stopped him.

"The new Queen wondered if you would go last, and carry some of the ashes upstairs, you were central to helping Viktoria and you were present at her wedding. The new Queen feels it would be appropriate, you were at the birth, marriage and now final acts of her life" David nodded that he would and waited until the others had gone unsure what exactly he had agreed to. Finally the Temple was empty save for himself and Jasmina, she carefully used a kind of metal scoop to acquire some of the ash from the fire and placed it into a ceramic bowl before handing it to David. The pair then ascending the steps. They emerged as Tatiana was sat on the throne the crown now in the hands of Alla.

"Here comes the soul of Sessifet, keen to take her new body." Alla tipped the ashes into some water mixing them with a silver spoon. "With this water Tatiana will become the Guardian of Sessifet, the two souls joining to become one." the glass was passed to Tatiana who shuddered slightly at the thought of what she was about to drink. She took a deep breath and poured the liquid down her throat the gritty texture making her shiver slightly. "Behold, Queen Klara II of Lodja is born. May Sessifet guide her" the Lodjains in the room cheered the sound echoing down the corridors carved out of the bedrock of the Palace.

The now Klara stood "We thank you all for witnessing our birth, two in one. We wish each of you to be our friends, for some we must renew a friendship in a new body, for some" she smiled at President O'Connell, "for others a whole new wonderful friendship lies ahead. We..." she suddenly halted, it was customary for the Queen to give a short speech as she took the throne, "I can't keep this up" she shook her head almost making the crown fall, a smile spread across her face, "I...not we...I for if me and Sessifet are two in one then we are a new person, an individual." she looked at Alla wondering if this was permitted, but then realised of course it was, she was Sessifet and therefore outranked the Priestess who seemed unconcerned anyway. "I thank you all for attending, and I'd like to start by apologising for the mistakes I will make in the next few weeks. I desire peace for Lodja, I desire to make us wealthier and I desire the best for each of you. Now I would like to get back above ground." Without another word she walked out of the Temple and was hastily followed by the Ladies in Waiting before the guests followed. She headed back through the Palace, the staff and guests who had been watching on TV were waiting in the throne room for her first audience. A series of chairs had been arranged, the Queen's on the top step, those of the various Heads of State a step lower. Besarian came to stand beside her but it was Dragan she spotted and she noticed a thumbs up and nod. She stopped at the bottom of the steps, "Please everyone take your allocated seats." Each Head of state had a seat marked for them, their nations flag of coat or arms carved into wood, something Tatiana would allow them to take home with them. "Guards please move mine" she pointed to hers at the top step, Besarian looked confused but then remembered Viktoria doing something similar and so watched as the guards prepared to move the chair to the same step as the other world leaders, only they didn't go down just one step they went to floor level. The Queen walked and sat down in the massively oversized chair shuffling her weight to get comfortable. "I sit at this level as I am yet to achieve what those people have" she was now addressing her people, "In time I shall raise up those steps to take the place a great leader deserves. Now please let the audience begin."

Besarian looked confused but had no option but to continue, he addressed the room. "It is customary for the Queen to receive petitions having been reborn. These may be requests for anything so long as they are presented in writing, be it Plebleian, Partician, Lodjain or foreigner. The Queen shall then respond to your requests by sun set." Besarian watched as a young boy entered, he was around six years of age and the appearence had been arranged before hand. He walked nervously over to the Queen bowed and then presented a letter, the Queen opened it and smiled. "the grandson of the Duke of Helaov, Lubos Kubik is asking for my hand in marriage." It was a custom that the Queen recieve a proposal as the first petition, but tradition also dicated that it be turned down, the easiest way to ensure no offence to any noble was to have it be a child. Without a word Klara picked the boy up and put him on her knee, "Any girl would be lucky to have a handsome husband like you" she said quietly to the boy, "But sadly you see I can not wait 10 years for a husband, but I promise if you grow up to be an honourable man I would gladly reconsider" she kissed the boy on the cheek before placing him back on the floor. "Please the next person." the traditional part done there was a chance for drinks to be served to those present while for the next thirty minutes the Queen would accept petitions.

OOC - This is a chance for people to do their reactions etc to the ceremonies and also some socialisation before we all get drunk. Also any nation can use the petition deal to ask the Queen for things like future talks, treaties etc.

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 11, 2018, 11:17:04 PM »
"Well on behalf of those advocating and representing a cerntralized system, I'm deeply sorry for what miseries of the sorts your people had to suffer under...apologies once more. But at least FIR has figured the ultimate way to lead its people to greater heights and I suppose it's each to his own when it comes to the 'perfect' forms of government. I do take it kindly about the positive words you had to say about how it's run in ES, i do agree as it's hailed as one of the most effective within its category, but the road to attain such reputation has been long and painful...like everyone else's...isn't that true Arilda?" The Young Pope replied before asking the Lord Protectress.

"Indeed...well in any case it's nice that you've arrived to witness a new monarch to be crowned so to say. As for your willingness to learn more about Baltikum and myself...if there are any questions that you'd like to have answered, please don't hesitate Mr. President, nothing is 'dumb' or irrelevant'. the Lord Protectress said in a happy tone.
"No apologies necessary, our problems were dealt with and it allows me to stand before you now. It's been an honor meeting you two and thank you for your kindness. Perhaps when these ceremonies wrap up we could arrange a more formal meeting? It's a big world when you're on your own." the Irish President said with a chuckle. "I hear southern Albion is lovely this time of year."
----------
The Ceremony more or less bewildered O'Connell. The Irish Republic is mostly agnostic, and to go from essentially no religion to what in Jack's mind appeared as a cult was something of a culture shock. He half expected to the candies presented to be laced but as time went on it became clear that the caramel was nothing more than caramel. Bewildered he climbed the steps, seeing a melting pot of various nations swirling about him. Who in modern day wears armor? It was no matter, however, for once he arrived at the palace it would be much easier to accept it all. If only someone could point me in the direction of the bar, he thought to himself.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 12:34:23 AM by The Final Irish Republic »