Author Topic: Jewel of the Desert Festival  (Read 13583 times)

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Republic of Québec
Re: Jewel of the Desert Festival
« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2018, 10:38:52 AM »
"Well your majesty I would define the term 'savage' in terms of each and everyone's personal character, such as how we would like to treat others and how to be treated by others..." TYP clearly disliked this arrogant King who seemed more to be a douchebag than anything else but he agreed anyway to sign such an agreement, after all in the end as once said before, politics as well as money. The maori might become upset and protest such a move he thought for himself while writing his signature but this wasn't the fight ES wanted to take no matter the past sins committed by either side, this was also in line of Christian duty and principles he reasoned with himself, conflicting it were to be.

"There we go your majesty, it has been signed with the finest handship you've ever come across hehe, so what's next I may wonder?"

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2018, 10:30:09 PM »
The King smiled as the Pope gave his verbal agreement, he had motioned to his scribes who disappeared off into the back. Meanwhile groups of dancers came out and to various styles of music danced in traditional costumes, each of their outfits was adorned with jewels and diamonds. "You my dear will need to learn our dances" the King whispered as he kissed Oksana on the cheek.  "I will of course need to learn yours but I must warn you my older feet are not as nimble as they used to be. You must also teach your Sister-Wives, they enjoy dancing too." he squeezed her hand. Soon the scribes had finished, two copies of the document, identical in every way, the treaty in Latin and Seleucid written on goats skin and the letters decorated in certain places.

Quote from: Treaty of Friendship and Trade Between the Emirite of Royal Seleucid and the Ecclesiastical State

Section I - Diplomacy

(1) The parties agree to maintain active embassies with each other. If summoned an ambassador shall present themselves to the host government within twenty four hours of the summons.

(2) Either party may request a twelve hour extension upon receipt of the summons should a level of seniority be required due to the issue concerned.

(3) The parties declare that they shall act in a spirit of friendship and cooperation with a view to further developing and fostering economic and cultural intercourse with one another, each adhering to the principle of respect for the independence and sovereignty of the other and non-interference in their internal affairs.

(4) Should disputes or conflicts arise between the High Contracting Parties over problems of one kind or another, both parties shall settle these disputes or conflicts exclusively through friendly exchange of opinion or, if necessary, through the establishment of arbitration commissions.

(5) The parties shall allow citizens of the other nation to apply for a fast track visas aiding in travel between the two nations for purpose of trade, recreation, and business. These visas shall be available to anyone who meets the following criteria

(a) Has a stay lasting no longer than 90 days
(b) Has a return ticket
(c) Is able to fund the duration of their stay.
(d) Has no criminal record
(e) Is not deemed a threat to national security.
(f) All requirements have been fulfilled in accordance to local laws and procedures when conducting trade and/or business.

(6) The parties agree to the establishment of a system of extradition for persons accused of crimes in one country to the jurisdiction of the other. No extradition shall take place until compelling evidence has been presented and the country who would be granting extradition is satisfied that Articles four and seven of the Mundus Convention of Universal Rights will be met.

Section II - Trade

(7) The parties pledge to trade fairly with each other and to respect the lawful commerce of each party.

(8) Neither of the parties shall create taxes, limits, bans, or quotas on the goods or services of the other party on basis of their origin from the other party, with exception to such taxes, limits, bans, or quotas created by international organizations of which the parties are members thereof.

(9) The parties recognize the right of free commercial navigation through the waters and airspace of the other party, with adherence to local laws and procedures.

Section IV - Special Agreements

(10) There shall be an annual sporting event held between the two nations in the sport of...

Section V - Miscellaneous

(11) This treaty shall be in force until either party withdraws from it. After which the treaty shall cease to be in force ninety days after notice is given. Notice shall be given in writing.

(12) The present treaty shall be ratified within the shortest possible time. The agreement shall enter into force as soon as it is signed by both parties.

(13) The Ecclesiastical State agree that they will not hand over any past or present member of he Seleucid Armed Forces to the Unified Iwi even if an arrest warrant exists for that person. Anyone wanted for extradition by the Iwi in the Ecclesiastical State may be deported back to Seleucid.

Signed:
For the Emirite of Royal Seleucid, ____________
For the Ecclesiastical State, Pope Peter II

"Now perhaps if Your Holiness would care to join us" the King walked through the Palace, up a spiral staircase that lead to a balcony, outside was a kind of ampitheatre, the balcony was at 90 degrees to the stage, clearly a kind of royal box. "At evenings I like to have concerts here, my people can join me" the King pointed to where a crowd was gathering on the steps carved out of stone, many of the people brought large pillows and cushions of their own. "I have arranged something special." Akakois smiled as he saw his three wives and one future wife seated. "In our nation contracts need witnesses, what better than hundreds of them yes." A man appeared on the stage and announced the treaty reading its important bits to the people, many nodded their support, particularly the final provision.

It was then that a young woman dressed in a fine white dress appeared on stage and with a modern looking band began singing. How Great is Our God, a popular modern Christian worship song, but in Seleucid, "Since the advent of Spotify our people have been listening to all manner of foreign songs, however they found some of your Christian Rock to be equally applicable to our faith and well....this is the result, not my taste by my daughter Thelka tells me this lady is quiet good, something about a Godhead Three in One....or something" the King politely shrugged, "Thankfully our younger generation are more wordly wise about things than my daughter. Now perhaps if you would wish to sign" the King removed a gold pen from his pocket and handed it the Pope.

The staff at the stall with King Lapusmiled gratefully as the man disappeared off to the stall opposite, which in truth was owned by the same man, it didn't sell swords that you'd take into battle, after all those where made of steel and iron, where everything here was of precious metals but they could be very accomodating, especially to a royal who seemingly forgot that it was expected to haggle down not up.

"Your Majesty" the store holder bowed as the man approached, "I believe you are in the market for some fine royal attire, then look no further, I have made many objects for my own dear King and I would be just as privledged to make anything, no matter how insignificant, for a man of your great standing" he bowed as an assistant brought a directors style chair over and then rushed off to bring the man a glass of chilled wine.

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
  • Hallo, Ich bin eine Filipino.
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Quintelia, Socram and Sarandib
« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2018, 11:19:55 AM »
King Lapu sipped the wine, which was a bit sweeter than those brewed in Quintelia. "Personally, I'm more comfortable with choosing from a selection" He leaned back and crossed his legs, handing out his glass to have it refilled. "But then again, I can't complain, especially to a man as hospitable and as hardworking as you. So, first of all, the crown." King Lapu motioned at his head, making a crown with his hands. "The crown should be either made out of or encrusted with platinum and gold. Next, an emerald shall be its centerpiece with two opals below it. For its diameter, just measure my head later." Laughing, he handed back his glass as he's had enough. "Now, the sword. It shall be a scimitar, with a Damascus pattern on the blade and a few aquamarines encrusted on the handle." He paused for a second, the alcohol had just kicked in, good thing he didn't sitter the whole time. "It didn't need to be sharp, just beautiful. I understand that this would take time, so I would request it to be shipped straight to my home, or rather, The Palace. Now, let's discuss about the price, I don't wave to overspend once again."

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Republic of Québec
« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2018, 04:29:28 PM »
"I-..." TYP tried once more to open his mouth, he just wanted to say it, oh he would have wanted to. The Pope namely got cold feet as he signed the first official treaty between RS and a foreign nation in a more official tone. He finally came to his senses that this would gravely impact the relations with the Iwi and possibly East Moreland, risking the application process to the CNN organisation. As such he wanted to in a rude manner abolish it...But at the same time there was still a thrill behind it all no? That feeling of cracking relations, creating disgust and some sort of betrayal afterwards...it's the first time in a long while he'd felt such a rush flow through him. No, this time he basically fuked all what's moral and right once in a while. He knew that he could always backstab the RS and break the treaty in the future if the CNN required that of him to do so. "I would like to say that this golden pen of yours is truly marvelous, perfect for writing down signatures...and thank you for this...this music. It's very....Christian in nature heh."

TYP however found it ridiculous and truly stereotyping...not exactly the RS fault but everyone assumed ES music in general was all about slow rock with cheesy lyrics, God no he thought. "Also as much as I appreciate trying to understand the Ecclesiastical and Christian musical culture...it's much more than this I can assure you. I suppose his majesty and his subjects have heard the likes of for instance Madonna and Michael Jackson, the Queen and King of Pop respectively? They're actually Ecclesiasticals, shocking I know, how two of Mundus' greatest artists could come from such a Conservative nature rooted in morality, order and stability...it even surprises me til' this day..." He said with a smile. "Now if you could excuse me..." TYP had to save the singer from the Wrath of the King, oh no he wouldn't beat her up too for "Failing to entertain the guest properly", his holiness was sure that she was quite talented so be basically went up to her ear and whispered a few songs and more songs to perform with the band."

They listened to the wondeful performances while TYP was busy writing his signature as neatly as possible. At last there was something more he wanted to do; he noticed there was a Piano in the room. "May I?..." He asked politely and gently before he let loose his musical abilities...a few years in early Church school days in Achkaerin sealed the deal in other words. The song he had in mind was in a way and indirectly connected to the King himself.

OOC: Dear reader, kindly ignore the background sound feat. a security guard getting beaten up and choked to death. T'was the best version I could find hahaha x))