Author Topic: The New Friend  (Read 4068 times)

Offline Jordan Fenose

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Pardclinnia
The New Friend
« on: January 19, 2018, 06:41:08 AM »
LETTER FROM THE PRESIDENT OF PARDCLINIA

To King Lapu and Pope Peter II

His Excellency, President Dominic T. Colbert, would like to invite you to the Republic of Pardclinnia for diplomatic talks to strengthen the relationship between our nations.  Having been recently elected, our President is ecstatic to discuss about our country's economy and other major social issues in which your glorious nation may help in finding a solution - or at the very least alleviate our predicament. He hopes to further progress our country into a better future, especially in the wake of his predecessor's administration.

Your visit shall last for 10 days. All travel and lodging expenses would be handled by the government. Time will be allocated for leisure activities and sight seeing. The Pardclinese government hopes that you will be able to observe and enjoy the real Pardclinnia in your 10-day visit.

Yours truly,

Rarry Hoque
Presidential Spokesperson

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Republic of Québec
Re: The New Friend
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 09:23:26 AM »

The Ecclesiastical State

To our friends, brothers and sisters of Christ in Pardclinnia and specifically President Dominic T. Colbert

I Pope Peter II of the Celestian Catholic Church and the Ecclesiastical State would more than like to meet to discuss the potential for renewed cooperation between us three, considering our shared historical past as wells as joyful and struggling memories. It is now more important that ever that the Christian faith remains as united and firm in a strong grip as possible, including ever loyal and faithful Pardclinnia. Whatever these economic and social issues they may be, rest assured that I and King Lapu with the benevolent grace and aid from God shall give answers and solve these seemingly difficult challenges.

Sincerely, Take Care and God Bless,

Pope Peter II of the Celestian Catholic Church and the Ecclesiastical State

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
  • Hallo, Ich bin eine Filipino.
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Quintelia, Socram and Sarandib
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2018, 06:12:24 AM »
OFFICIAL LETTER FROM THE PALACE OF QUINTELIA

Salutations,

Greetings, Sir Rarry Hoque! I would like to first give my congratulations to the new President of Pardclinia. I am more glad in coming to your nation for some diplomatic talks and to see the hidden beauty of your nation. Our nations’ meeting shall be for the betterment of our nations and Mundus.

Yours truly,

King Lapu

Offline Jordan Fenose

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 06:23:19 AM »
OFFICIAL LETTER FROM THE PRESIDENT OF PARDCLINIA

To King Lapu and Pope Peter II

His Excellency, President Dominic T. Colbert, would like to extend his warmest gratitude to the two leaders for accepting our invitation. He hopes that they are treated with utmost care and respect and that they may appreciate the nation's hospitality. He hopes to be able to talk to them as soon as possible.

Yours truly,

Rarry Hoque

The Sopranum International Airport is currently flooded with hordes of people eager to be able to have at least a glimpse or picture of the two foreign leaders. Numerous flights have been cancelled much to the chagrin of some, who expressed their resentment or irritation at the unfortunate inconvenience in social media. Among those who also expressed irritation were activitsts for The Fellowship of Enlightened Pardclinese who spoke ill of King Lapu for his usurpation of the Quintelian throne. They say that such a man like that is not a true leader and does not deserve the hospitality of Pardclinnia and the taxpayer's money. Several media outlets have joined the sea of people in greeting the leaders. Almost all programming (local and national anyway) have been restricted to nothing but live coverage of the special event. Reportes are eager to be able to interview the two leaders of Pardclinia's allies. With work and classes being suspended, this will surely be a ratings success for several stations. 

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2018, 12:29:38 PM »
As King Lapu's plane landed, he walked straight towards the leaders of this new nation, not giving a look to the crowd. He approached the newly elected president, with his new watch bought from Royal Seleucid glimmering from the camera flashes. "Our sincerest congratulations to you, President Colbert." He said with a smile formed over his face. "Our nations could finally make diplomatic things official."

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2018, 04:40:51 PM »
With the Youne Pope's Papal plane finally landing and coming to a complete stop, he did as well proceeded to meet and greet the leaders of Pardclinnia as well as King Lapu of Quintelia. This was just another, ordinary day of TYP, respectfully upholding his role as a secular leader besides the religious duties. "Oh it's great to see the Ecclesiastical State's greatest friends and allies all gathered in one location...God bless this day truly...I hope everyone has had a good time so far".

Offline Jordan Fenose

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2018, 06:05:43 AM »
A short drive through Route 4  from the airport to the presidential residence followed the arrival of the leaders, who sat in the vehicle with Colbert. The vehicle was a black, slick limo which despite its age looked as if it was recently commissioned by Lundergaard Auto, the country's most prominent manufacturer of automobiles. Inside the limo, the three leaders discussed random topics comcerning the city of Sopranum as they passed through the excited crowd of peoples, surrounding Route 4.

King Lapu remarked about the statue of a short, balding, stout man who rode on what appeared to be a tiger whilst holding a bow and arrow. This man wore nothing but a pair of trousers and worn out shoes. "What a peculiar sight! Is this man truly remarkable so as to warrant a statue of himself? He seems to be a random jest," he said. Colbert chuckled and replied, "He is a myth. Or so I choose to believe. Many of the natives and provincial folks speak highly of him. They say he was a famed prisoner from a foreign land. By luck, they say, he found his way to the country. He rode on a tiger and terrorized the natives into giving him food and other provisions. Colonists dismissed them as silly stories to scare off children into going home by dark. Tigers are quite uncommon here, you know. " "Truly odd" replied King Lapu. "Seems like something that was improvised by a wannabe comedian for an unfunny stand-up routine." Colbert was speechless and released a small chuckle; he then turned to look at the furious crowd gathered outside. They were protesting King Lapu's usurpation of the Quintellan throne. Yikes, he thought.

OOC: General Jaws agreed to let me use his character
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 06:12:04 AM by Jordan Fenose »

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2018, 02:09:09 PM »
"Ah...the tale about the Tiger Man. Yes, it's a popular story for children to hear about back home in the Ecclesiastical State" the Pope made a quick remark. "Truth be told, there were a lot of Tigers here once in Pardclinnia, the island was literally filled with them. Unfortunately, due to the settlers moving in they were quickly hunted down for their valuable hide...in a matter odecades the tiger population would never recover once more their size...well that's what the history books tell us." TYP also noticed the large protests outside, supposedly pissed about the Lapu's usurpation of the throne. "How typical..." he said while pointing towards them, "They're frankly quite late to the blame-game party wouldn't you say so gentlemen? I mean *looks at watch* has been 8 yrs since this supposed ridiculous nonsense as 'usurpation', you should be hailed as a hero instead Lapu for liberating your country from the vices of corrupt leadership...look how Quintelia ias thriving now under your supreme leadership yet these fools who've obviously been payed by those opponents of yours can't see the magnificence of your reign, bah".

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2018, 12:37:10 PM »
"First in Ecclesiastical State, now in Pardclinia? The opposition against me has been busy." King Lapu said while looking out of the heavily tinted window. He couldn't stand it. It's either witness more people humiliating his name in every nation he arrived in or finally do something. Sighing, he continued. "Your holiness, forgive me for what I'll do." He rolled down the window and leaned outside. The vehicle slowed down as the protesters rushed nearer, shouting louder. King Lapu waved his left hand while raising a middle finger and carrying a megaphone he took from a demonstrator and shouted. "You all are paid by corrupt people! I did what was right for my nation while Roxas was destroying it! You are all bayaran1." Just as he finished, a militant struck his head with a crowbar and knocked him out and back in the limo. "Son of Belthuzar!" President Dominic Colbert exclaimed with a look of horror in his face knowing this would be a humiliating low point for him, a subject of ridicule and criticism. King Lapu's forehead began to slowly bleed. "Drive us to the nearest hospital, NOW!" The limo began to speed as per President Dominic's order, racing through the crowds to the nearest hospital. Just as the limo was about to turn King Lapu woke up. "You fu- Oh... Where are we?" He scratched his head as he grabbed his papers.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 10:50:23 PM by General Jaws »

Offline Jordan Fenose

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2018, 01:51:32 AM »
Son of a Belthuzar can't keep his f***ing keep his hands to himself, thought Colbert. Stupid move for a head of state, whose ascension to the throne was controversial mind you, to stick his hands out to a crowd of angry citizens. Completely uncivilized. Shit, he's faced a lot of heat and criticism for controversial actions but he has never done something as stupid as this. Sure, the heat is on King Lapu but somehow he knew he's gonna get a lot of flack, too. Celebrities, journalists, bloggers, and random people on Facebook and Twitter will criticize his role in this incident. "Why didn't Colbert stop him? How unpresidential!", he imagined Ellaria Sand & Her Brood of Bitches lead Stephanie Veal would tweet. She was always a judgemental one. Singers don't know crap about politics. They all tweet politics to be relevant and to promote their knew album on iTunes.

To his relief, King Lapu had regained consciousness as they neared the hospital. At least, he's alive, he thought. If Lapu will speak of ill of this country, it's on him.

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2018, 02:04:21 PM »
"Well well, isn't this interestinf gentlemen? Now we suddenly ended up in a hospital considering our dear, brilliant friend decided to let his emotions other than sanity control his actions and looked what it all led to. Don't get me wrong Lapis Lazuli, I like that shiny material as well you but my friend...what on God's Green Mundus were you thinking? Thinking flipping pissed-off and hormonal Femi-Nazis would do you any good, your Guardian Angel would protect you from harm? Don't be silly...think about the reputation you're putting on the line...A seemingly Holy Father turned Unholy Father for hanging out with a King who doesn't know how to use his mouth and fingers properly...and oh hahaha I wasn't implying of carnal nature either. *Sigh* Might as well get on with it and kiss you on the forehead, blessing you in the process...well would rather do that on you other than disgusting little, annoying offspring." TYP said, clearly he wasn't exactly on the good mood, by now he was hoping he would have a margherita wrapped around his hand and a ciggar in the other...

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2018, 01:07:59 PM »
"Well, I-" King Lapu tried to answer back but the shrill pain on his forehead interrupted him. "As I was saying, I want to be a person remembered for something other than projects and politics." He rubbed the skin surrounding his wound. "But yeah, sorry about that to you two, I know, dumb thing. Anyways, I'll just have this patched up and checked and I'm good to go." He said as he left the limo, entering the hospital by himself.

Coming back from the hospital with a bandaid patching up his wound, King Lapu returned to the limo, with three two other leaders waiting. "I'm sorry once again and now, let's try to not talk about this in the future." He said as the limo began to drive off back to the road.

Offline Jordan Fenose

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2018, 05:53:35 AM »
Why did I even invite this weird royalty when I can just stay away from him? Colbert thought as he and the Pope ,who seemed slightly irate, waited for King Lapu in the hospital. The King probably posed for some selfies with the nurses or medical technicians who helped the King fix his wound, maybe that's what's taking him. This crazy king might just get more praises than his own actions. "Why didn't you protect the king's well-being!? Why didn't you do anything? You never know this man might just make or break this nation bla bla bla" He could almost hear his thoughts as he wrinkled his forehead.

The five minutes seemed like an hour, as he sat awkwardly with the Pope. He tried to start a conversation with him "So, if King Lapu confesses his sins to you, would you forgive him?" Realizing what he said, Colbert then added his statement. "I mean, of course you can't refuse, but if given the chance, would you?" The long-awaited royalty finally knocked on the window of the limousine they are in. "I'm sorry, but, I don't know what was on your mind that you did that thing. sigh I'm gonna be blasted by those keyboard warriors again, wouldn't I?" He remarked, as the King finally silently entered.

The limousine finally arrived at the driveway of the Dersalacander Palace, much to the relief of Dominic Colbert. A guard, decorated with a few medals, opened the door for the two leaders. In front of the seven-foot tall door were several important names including Rarry Hoque, known for a few amusing political comments, and Dimitri Zubiri, the Senate President. The two visitors shook each of them. President Colbert, along with some of his personal staff and assistants, led the Pope and the King to a comfortable meeting place. The two sat down on a couch while the President sat on his own chair, something like a throne if he would be a king. On an intricately designed round central table is a large platter with a pastry almost 20 centimeters in height. "We call this The Pie. It's a meat pie stuffed with rabbit, duck, and deer meat. This is usually served during formal occasions so I think this is a great tube for you to try this." The President said as maids distributed posted to the guests. "While we're eating, shall I see what you have to offer?"

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2018, 08:09:40 AM »
"If Lapu was being wholeheartedly sincere for his sins, then absolutely, provided that God would do so as well which is ultimately up to him...each circumstance's different and as such I can't give you a straight answer." the Pope said, right before Lapu returned to the Limo. The trio then were transported to the Presidential Dersalacander Palace, which was beautiful and stout-looking, its origins coming from the days of Ecclesiastical's colonial era which served the local Governor-General before its change befitting a Pardclinian President.

Pope Peter II was pleased by the opulence and sight of the so-called 'Pie', so much that he couldn't wait to dig into the mountain fest of soft-chewed meat and other delicacies stuffed in such a golden layer of crust. "I think I'll let our dear Quinteliam friend begin, if you may please do so..." the Pope urged him while he began cutting up the pie.

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2018, 04:10:05 PM »
King Lapu sliced a portion of the pie, to which blackened blood oozed out along with cheese. He took a bite before saying. "So, how about something DAFT?" Zubiri rolled his eyes while Hoque laughed trying to look like a 'cool' leader, while Dominic Colbert kept his serous face. "So, this is Dizon Acquisition of Farming Terrain, where I'd offer to buy 1000 or more hectares of land with any 3 or more of these conditions:

Arable, nutrient rich plains,
Arable, nutrient rich hill sides,
Arable coastal lands
Arable estuaries or swamps,
Underdeveloped farms,
Mineral-rich mountains, or
Forests.
If any land is available to be sold, the price shall be negotiated and we will develop the land given. You shall receive 40% of the profit made by the properties. The price would be negotiated but you can fill in this sign-up sheet." King Lapu took yet another bite, though his bandaged forehead costly stood out, with servants staring at the large anomaly on his forehead.