Author Topic: The Chimpanzee and the Lamb of God  (Read 5262 times)

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Republic of Québec
The Chimpanzee and the Lamb of God
« on: January 27, 2018, 01:32:23 PM »

The Ecclesiastical State

To our friends, brothers and sisters of Christ in Munseki and specifically President Bob Cruchet

I Pope Peter II of the Celestian Catholic Church and the Ecclesiastical State would more than like to meet to discuss the potential for renewed cooperation between us two in The Vatican, Celestis City, specifically in the Apostolic Palace, considering our shared historical past as wells as joyful and struggling memories. It is now more important that ever that the Christian faith remains as united and firm in a strong grip as possible, including ever loyal and faithful Munseki. With the benevolent aid and Grace from our Mighty Lord, rest assured that Munseki and the Ecclesiastical State will become stronger together than ever before.

Sincerely, Take Care and God Bless,

Pope Peter II of the Celestian Catholic Church and the Ecclesiastical State

Offline Muneski

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Muneski
Re: The Chimpanzee and the Lamb of God
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2018, 01:59:01 PM »

Dear Ecclesiastical State and Pope Peter II

We would be honoured for this Proposal to take place, We must discuss this further.
This Proposal shall take place in your Capitol city then after the fact we shall tour your country and meet your people.
We would like to make a Long and glorious history between us and put our squabble behind us.
The christian faith is dying so we shall discuss on methods of how to keep it alive.
We need to keep strong is these frightening hour of the possibility of Christianity slipping from under us.

Yours Truly The Federation of Muneski and President Bob Crutchet.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 06:13:56 PM by Muneski »

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 08:44:15 PM »
The Young Pope, sitting in the Apostolic Palace in the Vatican, had just finished most of his paper work he had to shuffle and puffle for the day's agenda, being the Pope didn't ony require spiritual authority on the Christian faithful believers but the person of such high importance in the hierarchy also had to deal with the duties and honors bestowed on a secular ruler's. The Young Pope although considered by many as holy and pure as possible, wasn't in any case a so-called perfect man. Everyone including himself knew that it was that kind if reality God had chosen for them and one had to just accept the many crosses of burdens one had to carry throughout one's life and all. That's what his holiness was thinking while taking a quick smoke in the Apostolic Palace even though it was technically forbidden, a regulative rule set in forth motion by one of his predecessors, St. Pope John Paul II 'The Great'. But alas as he reflected, these devious little things are so alluring and the taste is hard to simply skip...if his old Achkaerinese friend and mentor Bishop Martin Deed would have seen this sinful act taking place...or even Sister Arila....Heaven's forbid what would occur next. Luckily they weren't there...for now. After a small moment of toxic indulgence his holiness looked once more at his watch, the time indicated that the state visitative delegation from one of ES' closest allies and most faithful Catholic countries, the Republic of Munseki, would finally arrive. "Right...time to embark on the 'Smiling Old Man' role hehehe, this'll never get old and will be with me until my last breath." he muttered or himself.

A few hours had past before the Pope and some of his most government officials were with him in one of the countless terminals of Celestis International Aiport where they would receive the Munsekian President and his entire entourage. The rest of the agenda included the continuation of formal discussions taking place in the Apostolic Palace, an exhange of gifts and wise words before eventual dinner. The Pope had to also see through with the plan regarding the President's tour of the country, although he wouldn't attend much considering the amount of work it befell on the Holy See, he entrusted it mostly to his experienced people. "Excellent" TYP said as the President's aircraft was incoming, and as was expected a ceremonial unit, this one of the Guardians of St. Peter's Throne, struck up the band as the trio waited for the President's arrival, preparing to also play respective nations' anthems.

Offline Muneski

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 04:18:57 PM »
The President steps off the prsidential 787 Deamliner Jet. The Mss (Muneskian secret service) is on location to greet him along with Guardians of St. Peter's Throne Of ES standing shoulder to shoulder To make a bullet proof human shield. "greetings ES I am Bob Cutchet of Muneski as you may know" Announced Bob. He walked down the red carpet laid across the tarmac Between the rows of people until he got to the glass sliding door that jammed. Getting angry the Muneskian president kicked the glass on door shattering it and casually walking through. He saw Pope Peter II walked up to him with A blushing face on The Pope. "Hello" said bob. The pope was too nervous to reply. Bob appeared angry. But The Pope had nothing to worry about because at a miniscule 5'6 Bob could do nothing to the Pope.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 06:43:41 PM by Muneski »

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2018, 06:30:54 PM »
Well...that was sort of embarassing for both TYP and Cutchet as they were standing in the aftermath of crushed sliding door glass, shaking hands whilst trying to keep cool; several bystanders and reporters were in amazement, opened-mouthed and were paralyzed. "Oh Lord you had to just put me through this test *sigh*" The Young Pope thought for himself, greeting the President in the process. He sort of semi-dragged the President into the offical and state-of-the-art Papal Limo, known otherwise as The Beast. He quickly signalled the GSPT responsible for driving that thing to accelerate as fast as possible, TYP taking a napkin and wiping his head after stress sweat. "Oh don't worry Bob, I'm sure The Media will take kindly to you, and already got a Vatican spokesperson in place who'll surely come up with something clever to say, these sorts of things usually end pretty quickly, hehe." the TYP said trying to pose some sort of reassurement with hesitation in the mix of feelings; he was sitting in a way so that he was travelling backwards.

"Now, we're due to head to the Apostolic Palace in the Vatican, so if you think of what agenda you'd like to set we can discuss that there. Get some preliminery ideas down while we're on our way; As for the rest of our agenda we've planned a nice dinner between ourselves and our people, as well as I would like to show you a quick tour of the Basilica of St. Peter including St. Pete's tomb, as well as other important areas such as the Sercret Archives and the Sixtine Chapel; you'll quickly notice my friend that ES being one of the oldest nations in Mundus is super-duper rich in history and culture in all forms and creeds" the Pope added as the car headed off weaving through airport area and unto the high way before taking a mini route to downtown Celestis. "So any ideas for what you'd like to discuss?".
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 02:01:30 PM by The Young Pope »

Offline Muneski

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2018, 06:53:01 PM »
Right so our No.1 agenda tonight should be to work on christianity and how to get people back into the religion and put the world faith back to where it should be. no.2 should be building new relations such as new transport and import export routes such as a tunnel through the mountain that surrounds my nation especially after tonight. 'cough cough'. no.3 possibly making relations with other countries and perhaps making something such as a commonwealth.

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2018, 05:32:19 PM »
TYP had opened himself a bottle of water from the fridge in the arm of the Limo as he listened to the President speak while offering one. "Well I'd be delighted to cover all these topics with you once we reach our destination." The limo finally arrived at the Apostolic Palace through a grand side entrance. "Good Afternoon Your holiness" The Prefect/Head of the Papal household opened the door to the limo, "Mr.President" he nodded to their guest, "If I may lead the way your excellencies..." he gestured as he moved towards the Apostolic Palace's door. There were a number of photographers gathered by the door, carefully selected for the job of recording the meeting. Pope Peter II was well-aware about such frivolities as he was the one who chose while walking past them amongst the intense snapping of clicks.

"Construction of the palace itself started in 1589 during the tenure of Pope Sixtus V. The palace is a complex of buildings, with the Papal Apartment, the Catholic Church's government offices, a handful of chapels, the Vatican Museum and the Vatican library. In all there are over 1,000 rooms with the most famous including the Sistine Chapel and its renowned ceiling frescoes painted by Michelangelo, restored between 1980-1990 and Raphael's Rooms. Quite an iconic place to live in I must say...with all due to respect to the fine Presidential palace back in Mneski." the Pope said with an affirmative and proud tone, as together with the Prefect of the Papal Household, led the way to the Private library where one if the household nuns ensured a tray of beverages and snacks was ready on a table with comfortable chairs sat either side with their respective nations flags on them.The Holy Father gestured his guest to sit while the Prefect poured drinks.

The Pope opened his ipad and started to jolt down some notes before finally starting with real discussion once everyone felt comfortable. "If i may first adress point 3, starting with the last and going to the first...I personally don't think a "commonwealth" or any similar org would matter considering we got Albion Council for instance and Munseki's already a member of the, somewhat ineffective, CMA as well. For point 2, I'm sorry to state the fact that our nations aren't exactly door-to-door neighbours and our mountain reanges don't connect; for infrastrructure projects on a grand scale, may I suggest perhaps speaking to the Lodjain people considering Munseki's a nieghbour of their country? Lastly for point 1...I would like for you to elaborate more on that, could sound interesting depending on the methods you're suggesting. Now let's start off with what I have in mind for our treaty...diplomacy". The Pope gave a copy of the proposal as he let the President read through the entirety of it.

Diplomacy

(1) The parties agree to maintain active embassies with each other. If summoned an ambassador shall present themselves to the host government within twenty four hours of the summons.

(2) Either party may request a twelve hour extension upon receipt of the summons should a level of seniority be required due to the issue concerned.

(3) The parties declare that they shall act in a spirit of friendship and cooperation with a view to further developing and fostering economic and cultural intercourse with one another, each adhering to the principle of respect for the independence and sovereignty of the other and non-interference in their internal affairs.

(4) Should disputes or conflicts arise between the High Contracting Parties over problems of one kind or another, both parties shall settle these disputes or conflicts exclusively through friendly exchange of opinion or, if necessary, through the establishment of arbitration commissions.

(5) The parties shall allow citizens of the other nation to apply for a fast track visas aiding in travel between the two nations for purpose of trade, recreation, and business. These visas shall be available to anyone who meets the following criteria

(a) Has a stay lasting no longer than 90 days
(b) Has a return ticket
(c) Is able to fund the duration of their stay.
(d) Has no criminal record
(e) Is not deemed a threat to national security.
(f) All requirements have been fulfilled in accordance to local laws and procedures when conducting trade and/or business.

(6) The parties agree to the establishment of a system of extradition for persons accused of crimes in one country to the jurisdiction of the other. No extradition shall take place until compelling evidence has been presented and the country who would be granting extradition is satisfied that Articles four and seven of the Mundus Convention of Universal Rights will be met.

Offline Muneski

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2018, 07:05:19 PM »
One of the main things is we need to reignite peoples hope in god and the religion because recently (looks down at graph of christian numbers) we have been losing more people than are dying and people aren't getting children baptised.
So what I propose is a big parade in every capital city of christain countries in the area.
I myself need to be baptised since now I have decided to become a true Christian that was one of my agendas for this trip I was hoping for you to do it in secret because my citizens do not know I am not Christian HeHe.
I also wish to become the Christian leader/communicator for my nation which should deal with the agenda for strengthening connections quite prominently.
Looking at the proposed start of the diplomacy I agree with it.
It all seems fair and equal.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 07:40:13 PM by Muneski »

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2018, 01:48:20 PM »
"Ehm...well your suggestion regarding igniting the faith doesn't sound out of the line...but I believe what you just proposed is somewhat unclear Im afraid, you'd have to elaborate more. The Catholic Church has already several programmes suitable for such goals, I hope you haven't forgotten that this is the leader of said Church you're speaking with now? I'm not sure where you got those statistics but I can happily declare that those are false, pretty sure we've gone through the church records from all countries and specially majority Christian countries and the number is slowly but surely increasing. We even organise the World Youth Day every third year or so for all Christian, primarily Catholic teenagers...hehe so yeah.

As for your baptismal request...I could certainly do it in secret, just a friend helping out a friend, do promise me though to behave more moral and such...really dislike liars and hypocrites these days, especially when they simply lie about themselves and to everyone about something they're not."

With that awkward discussion out of the room, TYP resumed to the actual treaty. "Oh I'm glad you agree on all points, fair and square as you said, sounds good to me if it sounds good to you. Ok so now we can look over the few points regarding economic aspects..." TYP said while taking a sip of coffee and munching on sweet bread. "Mmmh, how delicious these goodies are today, sure you don't want to try some more Mr President?"

Section II - Trade

(7) The parties pledge to trade fairly with each other and to respect the lawful commerce of each party.

(8) Neither of the parties shall create taxes, limits, bans, or quotas on the goods or services of the other party on basis of their origin from the other party, with exception to such taxes, limits, bans, or quotas created by international organizations of which the parties are members thereof.

(9) The parties recognize the right of free commercial navigation through the waters and airspace of the other party, with adherence to local laws and procedures.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 09:38:50 PM by The Young Pope »

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2018, 09:39:09 PM »
OOC: Sorry about missing the baptismal request, edited the previous post

Offline Muneski

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2018, 05:38:54 PM »
He reads over the new terms while thinking about how he could to his citizens to get in as President.
"When I get back I will have to fire my assistant because she did get the the numbers of Christianity or send her for re-training" said the president slightly enraged
"I like the trade agreement terms but for a point 10 we could add we have to be fair trade with the vendors and be environmentally good" he expressed
"Also soon I am considering marriage, so I thought you could possibly marry me and my girlfriend (one of the governors after I propose here in ES"He asked
"Anyway on to the most important matter dinner" he said with A hearty chuckle .

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2018, 05:57:27 PM »
The Pope felt slightly amused by the situation. "Oh please don't unleash your anger on your secretary, I'm sure she only meant well and besides must be doing a good job otherwise. As for this point 10, I can agree to this...Ah, that's great to hear and congratulations, I could certainly be the officiator of the marriage, you may choose to hold it here in ES or in Muneski. Also, hold your horses my friend hehe, both of us long for dinner certainly but we still have the last points to go through before we can sign this treaty...as well as your baptism which can be arranged shortly and disccreetly as possible.

Security

(12) Both parties shall desist from any act of violence, any aggressive action, and any attack on each other, either individually or jointly with other powers. With the exception of other existing mandates.

(13) An armed attack on one party shall be considered an attack on both parties.

(14) The parties agree to share military intelligence that is believed to be in the interest of the safety and security of the other, so long as doing so does not compromise the safety or security of themselves.

(15) The parties shall take part in an annual naval and military training exercise between their respective armed forces.

(16) The parties agree to an annual officer exchange between their armed forces to promote co-operation between their armed forces.

(16) In the interest of security and mutual defense the two parties give permission and access to military vessels through each of the other High Contracting Party's territorial waters under the following conditions

(a) An official communique shall be sent to the other Party's High Command as to the reason why military vessels are entering territorial waters.
(b) Prior to entering territorial waters a naval route, compliment, and plan shall be sent. Vessels shall not deviate from planned routes unless requested by the other party or it is in response to a SOS call.
(c) Neither of the two parties shall conduct military maneuvers in the others Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) without prior authorization.
(d) Continual communication shall be maintained while military vessels of one party are within the territorial waters of the other.
(e) The vessels shall at all times except where otherwise explicitly accounted for act in accordance with the Fair Seas Concordat

Section IV - Special Agreements

(17) There shall be an annual sporting event held between the two nations in the sport of ...

(18) The Ecclesiastical State shall annually donate $1 billion to the Republic of Muneski

Section V - Miscellaneous

(19) This treaty shall be in force until either party withdraws from it. After which the treaty shall cease to be in force ninety days after notice is given. Notice shall be given in writing.

(20) The present treaty shall be ratified within the shortest possible time. The agreement shall enter into force as soon as it is signed by both parties.

"I'll let you have the honors to decide what sport our nations shall partake in yearly"

Offline Muneski

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2018, 07:31:13 PM »
The president reads down the diplomacy, he likes what he sees.
"I would like this proposal to take place so I shall sign it" he says as his picks up a pen and signs it.
"I chose cricket to be the sport we play every year in an all out game of our countries sports teams" he smiles
he has a secret plan to defeat the ES cricket team and that plan is Steve Smith.

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2018, 07:40:13 PM »
Spoiler: show
Section I - Diplomacy

ES-Muneski Treaty of Friendship & Cooperation

(1) The parties agree to maintain active embassies with each other. If summoned an ambassador shall present themselves to the host government within twenty four hours of the summons.

(2) Either party may request a twelve hour extension upon receipt of the summons should a level of seniority be required due to the issue concerned.

(3) The parties declare that they shall act in a spirit of friendship and cooperation with a view to further developing and fostering economic and cultural intercourse with one another, each adhering to the principle of respect for the independence and sovereignty of the other and non-interference in their internal affairs.

(4) Should disputes or conflicts arise between the High Contracting Parties over problems of one kind or another, both parties shall settle these disputes or conflicts exclusively through friendly exchange of opinion or, if necessary, through the establishment of arbitration commissions.

(5) The parties shall allow citizens of the other nation to apply for a fast track visas aiding in travel between the two nations for purpose of trade, recreation, and business. These visas shall be available to anyone who meets the following criteria

(a) Has a stay lasting no longer than 90 days
(b) Has a return ticket
(c) Is able to fund the duration of their stay.
(d) Has no criminal record
(e) Is not deemed a threat to national security.
(f) All requirements have been fulfilled in accordance to local laws and procedures when conducting trade and/or business.

(6) The parties agree to the establishment of a system of extradition for persons accused of crimes in one country to the jurisdiction of the other. No extradition shall take place until compelling evidence has been presented and the country who would be granting extradition is satisfied that Articles four and seven of the Mundus Convention of Universal Rights will be met.

Section II - Trade

(7) The parties pledge to trade fairly with each other and to respect the lawful commerce of each party.

(8) Neither of the parties shall create taxes, limits, bans, or quotas on the goods or services of the other party on basis of their origin from the other party, with exception to such taxes, limits, bans, or quotas created by international organizations of which the parties are members thereof.

(9) The parties recognize the right of free commercial navigation through the waters and airspace of the other party, with adherence to local laws and procedures.

(10) The act of Trade shall be composed of solely Fair Trade and environmentally-friendly commerce

Section III - Security

(11) Both parties shall desist from any act of violence, any aggressive action, and any attack on each other, either individually or jointly with other powers. With the exception of other existing mandates.

(12) An armed attack on one party shall be considered an attack on both parties.

(13) The parties agree to share military intelligence that is believed to be in the interest of the safety and security of the other, so long as doing so does not compromise the safety or security of themselves.

(14) The parties shall take part in an annual naval and military training exercise between their respective armed forces.

(15) The parties agree to an annual officer exchange between their armed forces to promote co-operation between their armed forces.

(16) In the interest of security and mutual defense the two parties give permission and access to military vessels through each of the other High Contracting Party's territorial waters under the following conditions

(a) An official communique shall be sent to the other Party's High Command as to the reason why military vessels are entering territorial waters.
(b) Prior to entering territorial waters a naval route, compliment, and plan shall be sent. Vessels shall not deviate from planned routes unless requested by the other party or it is in response to a SOS call.
(c) Neither of the two parties shall conduct military maneuvers in the others Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) without prior authorization.
(d) Continual communication shall be maintained while military vessels of one party are within the territorial waters of the other.
(e) The vessels shall at all times except where otherwise explicitly accounted for act in accordance with the Fair Seas Concordat

Section IV - Special Agreements

(17) There shall be an annual sporting event held between the two nations in the sport of Cricket

(18) The Ecclesiastical State shall annually donate $1 billion to the Republic of Muneski

Section V - Miscellaneous

(19) This treaty shall be in force until either party withdraws from it. After which the treaty shall cease to be in force ninety days after notice is given. Notice shall be given in writing.

(20) The present treaty shall be ratified within the shortest possible time. The agreement shall enter into force as soon as it is signed by both parties.

Signed

Pope Peter II of the Ecclesiastical State
President Bob Cruchett of the Republic of Muneski

"I think that settles it then..., thank you for your collaboration Bob, highly appreciative over the fact that this went smoothly as possible and both sides have reached a consensus. When looking at my watch, I believe it's time for your baptism to take place; Give me just a few minutes to prepare, in the meanwhile sit tight and have a lovely chat with some of my most competent and capable colleagues at your disposal..." With that said, Peter thanked Bob and went out of the Papal library to prepare for the upcoming inauguration of one of Christ's latest follower.

Offline Muneski

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2018, 01:21:27 PM »
They have dinner and walk up the stairs to there respective rooms.
Bob says Goodnight to the Pope and continues along the corridor to his velvet lined room.
He was thinking do all the people in ES live in this luxury especially his servants?
He changed into his night clothes and went into the softest bed he had ever felt it swallowed him up whole.
He had sleeping pills because he always got homesick and he fell asleep in 2 minuets flat.

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2018, 05:00:19 PM »
As with every other morning, the Pope woke up early for his prayers and mass before enjyoing a scrumptious breakfast with the Muneskian President in the dining hall; considering this was the Pope he had arguably the finest breakfast one could ever find in the entirety of the Ecclesiastical State, not to mention the diverse dishes that were laid forth on the table. "So Bob tell me, has your nation joined our regional organisation, the Council of Albion? It would be a great way to exact influence within this very fine continent. Relating to this, have you considered reaching out to some of our other neighbours, including Lodja and Nya Åland? Different yet equally unique countries I ahve to admit...I'm just curious about your future plans involving Muneski and the outside world." the Pope said, sampling a bit of every dish and drinking freshly brewed coffee.

Offline Muneski

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2018, 04:04:28 PM »
He was delighted with his English breakfast wondering where he could get a chef like that himself.
"Well I am in contact with some of my Island neighbours in the sea of Alucard over the issues surrounding them" He stated
"Why yes, I am in the Albion council as well" he told
He called the waiter over for another coffee before they got on with the tour of ES.

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2018, 07:06:28 PM »
The remainder of the second day had passed without significant deviation from the original plan, with the Pope giving a tour of the Vatican and then some of the most impressive sights of Celestis. 

In the mid-afternoon the Presidential plane was re-fuelled and prepared for the departure of His Excellency President Crutchet, with minimal delays the jet was ready to transport the President home to Muneski. An Ecclesiastical delegation comprised of the Pope and his closest colleagyes saw the Presidentia, entourage to the takeoff site and wished them farewell on behalf of ES. It was agreed by everyone that stronger relations with Muneski was a very pleasing outcome from this visit, maintaining a grand old alliance dating a century and more.