Author Topic: Proposition of the Celtic Alliance  (Read 4195 times)

Offline Jac013

• Microstate
  • Peace/ brotherhood / Freedom
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Irishar
Proposition of the Celtic Alliance
« on: February 03, 2018, 06:14:38 AM »
I the leader of Irishar speak to all the Celtic countries out there to join together for the saftey and well-being of each other we must stick together or perish
The Monarchy of Irishar

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
Re: Proposition of the Celtic Alliance
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 12:07:09 AM »

Formal Declaration Of The Commonwealth

To His Majesty Jacob O'Brien I;

I applaud your interest and initiative in forging an alliance of Celtic countries, drawing upon our shared heritage in the spirit of mutual defense and security. The Commonwealth believes it would be beneficial to pursue discussions and, pending support amongst the community of Celtic nations, would be interested in membership in any resultant organisation. Ensuring a strong cultural component of any such alliance would be an important factor to Somerset, such as broadening educational opportunities abroad amongst member nations of the alliance.

I look forward to your reply as well as the progress which shall be made in this endeavour.

In Friendship;

Evanthe Rhodes
Lord Protector of Somerset
Empress of Rokkenjima

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Nya Åland/Ui Cenneslaig
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 10:24:22 AM »

GREETINGS FROM CLAITH

As the most populous Celtic nation on Mundus I am proud to see that we are now moving towards a time when Celtic nations are coming together, through our history we have spread ourselves across Mundus and now, at least culturally, we are returning home. Recent months have seen the people of Scordisci vote in a referendum to join with our own nation following a tragic disaster that left their nation in ruins, and now our friends in Somerset are taking their fledgling steps as a truly independent nation out of the ashes of once beloved Seaforth. I would obviously be delighted to meet with you and any other nation that wishes. I would therefore like to invite all Celtic nations to Claith on the 9th of February when we celebrate Eyvind Kinnrif Day[1]. This day is special for our nation as it commits us to maintaining our heritage, traditions and culture, and I would be honoured to share it with you. If this is not possible I would obviously be willing to travel to Irishar to discuss the matter with you.

May the best day of your past be your worst day of your future.

King Finley of Ui Cenneslaig

To King Jacob

Sadly my husband King Cóemgein will be unable to attend the talks you propose, however as Cantabria firmly believe it in the interest of kin to work together I would happily meet with you on this matter. While the Kingdom of Cantabria is dwarfed by our Northern neighbours Ui Cenneslaig we have over the years built a fantastic relationship with them, even so much as myself, a Cenneg, becoming Queen of Cantarbia by marrying my lovely husband. I believe this relationship between the two of us can be the foundation of what you are looking for. I shall be in Claith to celebrate Eyvind Kinnrif Day with my family and I believe you have been invited, I hope to see you there or soon after.

May your troubles be less and your blessing be more.

Queen Cait of Cantabria
 1. Eyvind Kinnrif was a pagan who was tortured and killed by Christians around 1000 years ago. In Pagan/Odinist circles he's considered a martyr as he refused to change his faith even in he face of torture and death

Offline The Final Irish Republic

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Final Irish Republic
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2018, 12:41:29 PM »

King Jacob,

While common heritage is certainly a nice little bonding experience The Final Irish Republic will respectfully decline your offer. Our people overthrew centralized government years ago and quite frankly we cannot enter a coalition that sustains those previous ideals. No ill will towards you, but we feel more strongly operating separately from your monarchy.

Luck be with you,
Jack O’Connell

Offline Jac013

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 03:08:27 AM »
Dear my Celtic brothers and sisters,

Thank you for responding I apologize i have been away on other business I will gladly meet all of you to discuss the arrangements of this alliance as to the Irish Republic I understand mate I still wish to be allies otherwise our people deserve to be allies as being of same ancient and great heritage I wish to have a meeting date conducted to where we could all discuss our wishes with each other until then long live the Celts - sincerely King Jacob O'Brien I
The Monarchy of Irishar

Offline The Final Irish Republic

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Final Irish Republic
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2018, 03:14:12 AM »
King Jacob,

I wouldn’t be opposed to some form of alliance, should you wish to meet my doors are open to you. Simply make me aware of when you wish to confer and I’ll make sure to accommodate you in my home.

Luck to you,
Jack O’Connell

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2018, 10:00:09 AM »
Finley was excited , he was always excited when his rural country estate just outside Claith hosted guests. He considered it the most beautiful place on Mundus and the sweeping hills that began the Highlands made a perfect backdrop to a gathering of Celts. A large open clearing with a small river gently winding its way through the thick pine woods was home to the Ó Séaghdha Estate and had been for close to 400 years. The large garden areas today however were not the silent majestic view they usually were, instead eight large marquees had been erected around a large rectangle marked out on a lawn. Finley sat on the steps of the house alongside his 11 year old son Keane watching as the McFarland clan and the O'Hogan's clashed on the marked out Shinty field. "So Dad....you're meeting the Celtic leaders of the world but you organise a sports tournament....I don't get it." the young Prince mused.

"Its simple son." Finley went silent as one of the O'Hogan's went close to scoring, the King applauded loudly before continuing. "Hundreds of years ago gatherings like this between villages were common, they'd venture down from the Highlands and the like before spending the weekend clashing with the Camen before all shaking hands and getting drunk as brothers, it formed a bond of brotherhood between the clans and..."

"and that's what you hope to do here. You think reminding them of our Celtic culture will help form a kind of new Brotherhood?" Keane was trying hard to learn the ways of Kingship, his father happy to teach knowing one day Keane would succeed him.

"And lets not forget, it's an excuse to have a game himself" Queen Cait of Cantabria, Finley's youngest sister added as she sat down beside Keane and gave him a hug. "He was always wandering around with the stick when I was growing up" Cait was 15 years younger than her brother and had remembered him being obsessed with the game.

It wouldn't be long until the first arrivals turned up, the mile long gravel path acting as a warning sign that the luxury cars provided at the airport would trigger. A group of Highland Guards, resplendent in their dark green tartan, short jackets and heckled caps waited to greet the arrivals with their band of pipes and drums. Princess Una, the King oldest sister,  would formally greet them on behalf of her brother and then politely pack them off and a drive through the Claith countryside until they reached the little valley of the family estate.

Finley's ear seemed to raise as he heard the tell tale crunch of tyre of gravel, "Come on Cait" Finley got to his feet and helped his sister to raise before turning back to Keane and reaching into his sporon, "Son, go see Robert down there, give him that" he handed over a paper bank note, "Tell him I want the O'Hogan's to win by two....make sure he gives you a note." he ruffled his son's hair before heading to greet the new arrivals, the morning dew from the steps still leaving a damp patch on his backside.

Offline Jac013

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2018, 03:25:35 AM »
Finley was excited , he was always excited when his rural country estate just outside Claith hosted guests. He considered it the most beautiful place on Mundus and the sweeping hills that began the Highlands made a perfect backdrop to a gathering of Celts. A large open clearing with a small river gently winding its way through the thick pine woods was home to the Ó Séaghdha Estate and had been for close to 400 years. The large garden areas today however were not the silent majestic view they usually were, instead eight large marquees had been erected around a large rectangle marked out on a lawn. Finley sat on the steps of the house alongside his 11 year old son Keane watching as the McFarland clan and the O'Hogan's clashed on the marked out Shinty field. "So Dad....you're meeting the Celtic leaders of the world but you organise a sports tournament....I don't get it." the young Prince mused.

"Its simple son." Finley went silent as one of the O'Hogan's went close to scoring, the King applauded loudly before continuing. "Hundreds of years ago gatherings like this between villages were common, they'd venture down from the Highlands and the like before spending the weekend clashing with the Camen before all shaking hands and getting drunk as brothers, it formed a bond of brotherhood between the clans and..."

"and that's what you hope to do here. You think reminding them of our Celtic culture will help form a kind of new Brotherhood?" Keane was trying hard to learn the ways of Kingship, his father happy to teach knowing one day Keane would succeed him.

"And lets not forget, it's an excuse to have a game himself" Queen Cait of Cantabria, Finley's youngest sister added as she sat down beside Keane and gave him a hug. "He was always wandering around with the stick when I was growing up" Cait was 15 years younger than her brother and had remembered him being obsessed with the game.

It wouldn't be long until the first arrivals turned up, the mile long gravel path acting as a warning sign that the luxury cars provided at the airport would trigger. A group of Highland Guards, resplendent in their dark green tartan, short jackets and heckled caps waited to greet the arrivals with their band of pipes and drums. Princess Una, the King oldest sister,  would formally greet them on behalf of her brother and then politely pack them off and a drive through the Claith countryside until they reached the little valley of the family estate.

Finley's ear seemed to raise as he heard the tell tale crunch of tyre of gravel, "Come on Cait" Finley got to his feet and helped his sister to raise before turning back to Keane and reaching into his sporon, "Son, go see Robert down there, give him that" he handed over a paper bank note, "Tell him I want the O'Hogan's to win by two....make sure he gives you a note." he ruffled his son's hair before heading to greet the new arrivals, the morning dew from the steps still leaving a damp patch on his backside.
The king of Irishar is announced King O'Brien states in a heavy Irish accent "First I would like to thank King O'Hogan for hosting this event Secondly meet my son James he is my heir and is here to learn diplomacy" walks in and tells his son " look here son these are our brothers of old" James said "Father why do we care that was long ago" Jacob sighs " son history repeats and I would like to be prepared and our people have suffered for centuries if you are to rule the kingdom one day you must realize this too now go show them how Irishar does sports" James runs off Jacob grabs a beer and some mutton " I am glad my culture is finally joining forces and becoming allies now time to make friends" goes to talk with the diplomats of the Celtic countries
The Monarchy of Irishar

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2018, 01:03:28 AM »
OOC - It's King Finley...lol....but I'll role with it. He just bet on that clan to win, his surname is  Ó Séaghdha

Finley guided King O'Brien towards the waiting food and drink stands while urging Keane to go and speak with Prince James. "I'm delighted you choose to come, its been far too long since the Celts gathered in one place, it's even sadder some have lost their roots" he mused thinking of recent events. "At least with the two of us we have a sound foundation on which to start building." Finley had found a nice comfortable chair overlooking the playing fields and had got himself a plate of food, he let his attention slip for a second or two to the action on the field, "So what's been the news from Irishar?" he asked as they waited for the next arrival.

Keane meanwhile was glad to see he wasn't the only future King here, the youngster had found a couple of old caman and a ball, he tucked one of the cracked aging clubs under his arm as he bounced the ball of the head of the other as he walked towards their guest. "Here" he handed James the spare Caman and let the ball drop to the ground. "My Dad makes me play this and Gaelic Football, says it makes you a real man" he gave a shrug unsure exactly how a sport would do that but gently tapped the ball towards his guest. "What's Irishar like?"

Offline Jac013

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2018, 04:13:05 AM »
OOC - It's King Finley...lol....but I'll role with it. He just bet on that clan to win, his surname is  Ó Séaghdha

Finley guided King O'Brien towards the waiting food and drink stands while urging Keane to go and speak with Prince James. "I'm delighted you choose to come, its been far too long since the Celts gathered in one place, it's even sadder some have lost their roots" he mused thinking of recent events. "At least with the two of us we have a sound foundation on which to start building." Finley had found a nice comfortable chair overlooking the playing fields and had got himself a plate of food, he let his attention slip for a second or two to the action on the field, "So what's been the news from Irishar?" he asked as they waited for the next arrival.

Keane meanwhile was glad to see he wasn't the only future King here, the youngster had found a couple of old caman and a ball, he tucked one of the cracked aging clubs under his arm as he bounced the ball of the head of the other as he walked towards their guest. "Here" he handed James the spare Caman and let the ball drop to the ground. "My Dad makes me play this and Gaelic Football, says it makes you a real man" he gave a shrug unsure exactly how a sport would do that but gently tapped the ball towards his guest. "What's Irishar like?"

OOC oh lol didn't know i just skimmed it

James replies " Meh I don't understand politics but my father says that "I must learn if I'm going to rule the kingdom" grabs Caman " thank you Irishar is very interesting my father pretty much controls the people when we became apart of this region my father learned that there were other Celtic Nations and this was born" puts down bow from archery contest "nice meeting you I hope we can meet more once my father makes agreements with the other nobles"
The Monarchy of Irishar

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2018, 05:14:10 PM »

Governor Gregory McKenna made the voyage to Claith, and while the Lord Protector had wished to attend there remained the pesky inconvenience of her Rokkenjiman duties that largely precluded her from representing Somerset quite yet. It would be a great opportunity for him to build a portfolio and relationships of his own, building new links for Somerset in the process. A better setting could not have been asked for in his opinion, King Finely certainly knew how to make an impression without uttering a single word. The scenery, the crunch of shifting gravel as the tires pressed upon the road, the Highland Guards and the reveal of the estate as he neared all spoke to him and built his anticipation.

"Do forgive my late arrival," McKenna said as he approached, "It's an honour to be here with you all. I am Governor Gregory McKenna of Somerset, Lord Protector Rhodes sends her regards as she had other matters which demanded her attention. She did ask that I personally deliver these, however," he said as he revealed a crate of Scotch from the Rhodes reserve. "She's been saving it for a special occasion, and what better occasion is there than building brotherhood and kinship?"

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2018, 11:51:26 PM »
All that was left was a representative from Cantabria, Finley knew Kaitaine wasn't likely to arrive what with Finley being one of the leading supporters of the Bene Gesserit cause and frankly the opposing ideologies of the two nations. He was more disheartened by the lack of a representative from the FIR and knew that was something he would need to work on. The King sat enjoying the company of his various guests while watching the games down on the lawn, he saw his son chatting with the son of King O'Brien, that boded well as an omen. Suddenly Finley stood up roaring as a fight broke out on the pitch, "Cheating swine" he yelled as seemingly one of the attacking players had used his stick to trip his opponent, a full on brawl lasted a good minute before the ref separated the teams and chastised the various players, there was a loud chorus of laughs as the two who started the fight trudged for the sidelines arms around each others shoulders laughing about the incident as they shook hands. It was this that Finley loved about the sport, on the pitch it was like being the worst of enemies but as soon as you stepped off the pitch the bond of the sport brought you together.

"Calm down big brother" a woman's voice came from behind them as Finley finished his yelling. "You'll do yourself a mischief" It was Queen Cait of Cantabria, Finley's youngest sibling. She had married King Comegan when she turned 18, a man she had no love for even ten years later, but it had seen her become a Queen and now he was ill it meant she was effectively regent. She hugged her brother before introducing herself to the others assembled.

Finley thanked the Governor of Somerset for the whiskey, "Tell you what we get this thing off the ground today and we'll crack that open, have an evening round the fire, nice spot of stew and some songs yeah?" Finley was already looking forward to it. Grudgingly he lead them all inside to a room he'd prepared for the day, he could still hear the occasional sound from outside but now he was fully focused on the task at hand. He showed each to their seat before taking his own beside his sister.

"Now as I see it we have a few issues, the first is that for a long time now we've had little if any co-operation between ourselves as an ethnic group, and even less as nations. For Gods sake just over a year ago we even saw one of our kin, Scordisci befallen by an outbreak of Jacobsen disease and none of us reacted until it was too late, we instead relied on the Morelanders to play nursemaid." In truth Finley had allowed that situation to deteriorate before acting, all part of his ploy to get what he considered a state sponsered terrorist backer off his doorstep, now the Scordisci region was a special province of his own Kingdom much to his relief. "We should have all been in there doing whatever we could, next we have Somerset trying to rebuild itself and stand on its own two feet away from Rokkenjima, it breaks my heart that they relied on a non-Celtic nation to prop them up when around this table we could have easily done it. That's just two examples, I'd hate for their to be a third, so we need to start acting like kin, but its a slow process. Forgive me when I say this but with the exception of Cait here you're all strangers to me and my people." He though for a moment, reached into a black folder and produced a copy of a document for each of them.

Quote from:  The Celtic Forum (TCF)

It is agreed today that the Celtic nations of Mundus desire to embrace their kinship and support each other in the following goals.

1) Economic Prosperity
2) Educational Excellence
3) Cultural Kinship
4) Mutual Security

In order to achieve these aims the nations agree to the following

1. Economic Prosperity

1. Nations agree to gradually reduce tariffs on all goods over the next five years.

2. By the end of the five year period no TCF nation shall ensure any tariffs existing are on par with the lowest tariffs paid by non TCF nations.

3. Nations agree to enforce intellectual property rights recognised in any other TCF nation

4. Nations agree to not charge additional taxes on transfers of funds between TCF nations.

2.Educational Excellence

1. Nations agree to open their higher education establishments to citizens of all member nations on equal terms with their own.

2. Nations agree that students will not require a visa so long as they meet the following criteria

a) They have meet the requirements of an educational institute for which they hold the offer of a place.
b) They have sufficient funds to cover their course.
c) They pose no risk to national security
d) They have no criminal record

3. Students may work up to 15 hours a week to supplement their studies.

4. Students graduating may remain visa free in their nation of study for two years after graduation.

5. A TCF University shall be established, either as a department within an existing institute or as a independent entity. It shall share best practice and students may move freely between it's campuses so long as they meet the criteria in 2.2

6. An annual Summer school for 100 students from each nation shall be held. This shall be hosted in a different nation each year with nations taking it in turns alphabetically. This shall feature competitions, adventurous activities, creative arts and socialisation opportunities.

3. Cultural Kinship

1. There shall be an annual Highland Games tournament held between member nations. This shall rotate around members.

2. A TCF register of Recognised Clans shall be made, this will be open to any clan with more than 1,000 members. Every four years a sporting tournament similar to the Mundus Games shall be held. Competitors will represent their clan rather than their nation. Any citizen not part of a Recognised Clan may compete as part of a Celtic Citizens team.

3. There shall be the establishment of a Gold Barrel Medal. This will award a series of awards to manufacturers of Whiskey every year. This shall promote excellence in distilling as well as promote a traditional art.

4.Mutual Security

1. Nations agree to share information regarding potential terrorist activity, so long as

a) It does not breech existing treaties
b) the act of sharing information does not endanger their own nations assets.

2. Nations agree to extradite suspected criminals so long as;

a) Reasonable suspicion is shown
b) A trial under the Mundus Convention of Universal Rights is guarenteed.
c) The nation to which extradition will occur will not impose a death penalty.

3. Nations agree to solve problems peacefully between themselves. They agree should no agreement be reached between themselves that a neutral nation be asked to arbitrate.

4. Nations agree to a series of bi-annual military games.

5. Nations agree to offer support during times of natural disaster if requested or if another nations government is incapable of operating.

6. Nations in the same geographical regions agree to joint naval and air patrols when practical. 

5. General Provisions

1. Each nation shall maintain an active embassy in all other members.

2. New nations joining must be proposed by an existing member. Should no nation oppose that proposal within 48 hours the potential member is admitted. Should a nation oppose the admission a vote of all members is held and a majority decision taken.

3. Any member may propose an addition or amendment to this treaty at any time. A majority vote will be sufficient to carry the change.

4. The organisation will meet every six months for talks. These meetings shall rotate around each nation in turn with the host acting as Chairperson. The Chair may set the agenda for the talks.

"So tell me what you think, I'll have missed something, or some of you will have better ideas than mine, after all a life spent jumping out of planes does have an impact" Finley smiled referring to his former military days.

Offline Jac013

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2018, 03:43:47 AM »
King O'Brien Thoroughly reads over the document "like many things there is always room for improvement and i'm sure we will think of it in future, but as a place to start of at i say its not bad, I agree I don't know any of you well but I would like to hence why I proposed this I felt we are too divided I approve of this document and wish to confer with everyone in future" raises his pint of beer "Long live the Celts and Long live all our countries"
The Monarchy of Irishar

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2018, 06:17:18 PM »
OOC- Waiting for Somerset input, that not coming I'll sort out something between UC, Cantabria and Irishar