Author Topic: Invitation to a Meeting (Iypra)  (Read 2075 times)

Offline RobertAgira

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Agira Latina
Invitation to a Meeting (Iypra)
« on: May 01, 2018, 08:13:23 PM »

Dear Premier Chief Adrihel

Having meet during the talks to begin the Network of Republics I would like to thank you for sharing similar motives to myself. It is unfortunate that the Network didn't work out for our nations however what was clear to me was that our two nations could very well form a strong friendship. I would therefore like to invite you, or your appointed delegate to meet with myself and the government of Mountjoy. Should it be acceptable I would invite you to the Citdadel of St.John where we may discuss the beginnings of what I hope can be a positive and constructive relationship between our nations. Failing this I would be more than happy to travel to your nation if it is more convenient.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Blessings Always

Hugo Lascelles
Knight Commander of Mountjoy

guest163

Re: Invitation to a Meeting (Iypra)
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018, 07:11:04 AM »
THE COMMONWEALTH OF IYPRA

Dear Hugo Lascelles, The Knight Commander of Mountjoy,

We sincerely accept your invitation for a meeting regarding the talks on the NoR and a possible friendship between our great nations. I will arrive at the Citadel in a few days and discuss what would be the diplomatic relation to our nations, I am optimistic on what would be the conclusion of the meeting. Both of us have different faiths, but we both agree that people will always have the right to praise and worship their own religion and beliefs.

May our nations remain great and prosperous.

The Premier Chief of The Commonwealth of Iypra
Elyot Adrihel

Offline RobertAgira

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Agira Latina
Re: Invitation to a Meeting (Iypra)
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 11:32:41 AM »
As was usual this time of year Mountjoy was rather warm a heat haze already raising at the airport on the edge of the old Medieval city of The Citadel of St.John. The old city gave a stark colour contrast between the bright blue sea and the old grey walls that surrounded the harbour. Beyond the walls a newer city, skyscrapers and modern appartments dominated giving a contrast, it would therefore be fair to say the city was in two parts. Infact residents even refered to the city by different names depending where they were from, those inside the old ancient walls calling the "The Citadel" while those living in the 21st Century outside the wall used the names "St.John".

Out at the airport Knight Commander Hugo Lascelles, a resident of "The Citadel" waited patiently for his guest to arrive. He had been hopeful of a good deal at the Network of Republics but that had been impossible, now he would try and make an agreement with a nation that at least seemed to share their moral backbone. As the Iypran aircraft descended he got himself prepared mentally for all the greetings that would be exchanged.

Upon meeting Premier Chief Adrihel the traditional left handed handshake of Mountjoy was offered, it lead to some confusion but Hugo considered a useful way of breaking the ice. "We have a tradition here that members of the Order of Mountjoy, an ancient Christian Order, shake hands with each other using the left. Tradition says offering the right hand, the one that could draw a sword, was a sign of friendship, but can it not also be seen as a sign of mistrust....essentially saying "I need to hold your sword hand because I don't trust you." How can there be friendship if there is no trust? So by offering our left hands each person is saying that they trust the other to do what is right, and that is the basis of our Order, and hopefully our meeting." BY now their car had driven through the new steel and glass streets and the wall came into view. A gateway, known as the Crusaders Gate came into view.

"In the 12th Century knights from across Mundus gathered here in the Citadel of St.John, marshalled their forces and then left through this gate heading for the Holy Land on a great Crusade." As they reached the gate the car slowed and a group of guardsman, dressed in red and yellow jackets could be seen on the old ramparts. "There has been an ever present beacon on the gate since 1096 when the first Crusaders left, it was hoped it would allow them to find their way home. We still guard that beacon today" Hugo explained as they walked through the gate which was hardly wide enough for a car. "The nice thing is The Citadel itself is free of cars, the odd bicycle, motorbike and smaller cars, like those damn rollerskate looking Smart Cars, but it does mean we get peace and quiet."

They strolled past a few stalls selling things to tourists, then across one of the Citadels market squares where local produce, including freshly landed fish was buying sold. Next was the hill that lead up to the Citadel that gave the city its name. "In 1070 we built the Citadel to support pilgrims marching to the Holy Land. Since then it grew into the city you see today." They reached the solid oak doors of the Citadel and Hugo banged three times of the door.

A voice called from behind it. "Who goes there?"

"Knight Commander Hugo Lascelles of The Order of Mountjoy" Hugo shouted through the door.

The old door swung open, somewhere a mechanic hum giving evidence of the Citadel at least having some modern additions. As they stepped forward a man holding a large halberd stepped across. "Halt, I do not recognise the man accompanying you." It was all part of the drama of an official visit to the Citadel.

Hugo pulled his sword and spoke "This man is The Premier Chief of The Commonwealth of Iypra, the Honorable Elyot Adrihel. Honoured Guest of the Order of Mountjoy and under my protection." Hugo said calmly, the man with the Halbard stood to attention and neatly stepped aside.

"Go in peace honoured guest and may the love of Christ go with you" The Guardsman retreated into a ceremonial guard box. While the Citadel sometimes permitted tourists to book visits today it was closed to the public yet still large crowds gathered to walk around the exterior exhibits and gardens.

"Now would you like to get down to business or have a little tour and a catch up. I'd be interested to know what the people back home in Iypra thought of the Network of Republics falling through." Hugo asked.