Author Topic: Rokkenjima Broadcasting Corporation (RBC)  (Read 94917 times)

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
Re: Rokkenjima Broadcasting Corporation (RBC)
« Reply #240 on: December 24, 2022, 12:47:52 AM »

Rear Admiral Forrester Promoted To Vice Admiral

Vice Admiral Forrester accepted her new position with grace and poise.

"Service, always and forever, to the First Empire," she said as Empress Evanthe laid the Sword of Islyna upon her left shoulder blade. "My fleet, my souls, are at your command," she said as the Empress rested her sword on her right shoulder blade. "We stand on guard for thee," she said, as the Empress held her blade to her bare neck, before handing the sword to Vice Admiral Forrester. "Your service and dedication to your Empire and Empress are recognized. Serve in my name, and in the name of this First Empire, against our enemies foreign and domestic, as you take command of the Kyne, Northern and Home Fleets of this First Empire of Rokkenjima. May your sword only draw the blood of our enemies, and may it only strike in anger when provoked. May Islyna guide your blade into the heart of our enemies," the Empress said as she offered a bow to the Vice Admiral; this marks one of the rare occasions the Empress bows to any soul.

"I shall take upon my duties with reverence and all due consideration, I shall defend Chrysanthemum Throne until I draw my last breath, so help me Islyna. My sword and shield are yours until the end of days, and as I live by this sword, so shall I die by it," came her response, as demanded by tradition. "May the winds be at your back always. Serve always in honour to Throne and Empire," came the response of the Empress as she embraced Forrester. "This is my solemn oath, and I shall fulfill it without reservation. My sword is yours, my shield, yours, and the lives entrusted to me serve our Empire. I will not fail you in my duties," came the reply of the Vice Admiral.

The RBC congratulates Vice Admiral Forrester and her steadfast devotion to the First Empire!

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 28, 2022, 09:53:19 PM »

Crown Princess Asuna Abducted In Brazen Act

"As I speak the full might and capabilities of the First Empire are being utilized to secure the Crown Princess and bring those responsible to justice. I say this with every confidence to those responsible that your best course of action is to return her sooner rather than later, and pray that no harm, even accidental, comes her way, for your fate shall be the same regardless," the Empress said following the attack.

Following an incident which left two officers dead, twelve members of the public injured and two assailants dead as well the Empress has spoken to a shaken nation concerned about the safety of Crown Princess Asuna. "As I speak the full might and capabilities of the First Empire are being utilized to secure the Crown Princess and bring those responsible to justice. I say this with every confidence to those responsible that your best course of action is to return her sooner rather than later, and pray that no harm, even accidental, comes her way, for your fate shall be the same regardless. I have been in constant contact with Imperial High Command as well as the NIS and our work shall continue until the Crown Princess is home. Daily updates will be provided to you all and, together, we shall weather this tribulation. Rest assured that all measures are being taken to secure the First Empire should this be the opening act of a larger plot against the First Empire or the Imperial Family and please, if you see anything out of the ordinary in your localities, report them for further investigation. My thoughts and prayers are with the many families impacted by this brazen act, and also with Emperor Peter. We stand together as the forces of chaos once again unleash bloodshed against our Peoples and aim their blades at our necks and, together, we shall overcome them."

The news of the Crown Princess' abduction coincide with the successful appeal of Charles Foster Ofdensen and his imminent return to the First Empire. Speaking with reporters upon his flight the former Lord High Steward called the abduction of the Crown Princess "a horrible tragedy" before stating that the reign of Empress Evanthe has "likewise been a tragedy for the Rokkenjiman People. The ineffectiveness of the Empress is highlighted by the utter lack of respect shown to us by the Empire of Daitō, who seemingly design ceaselessly to usurp the First Empire and assume what we have built, what we have designed, and take the mantle up for themselves. When they cried about their satellite I would have replied with another test, to remove their failing satellite and leave them with one less thing to be concerned about. We've also seen East Moreland, a supposed friend of the Empire, with satellites capable of manipulating those of other nations; a weapon in all but name, which I would see likewise removed from the heavens. I have been wronged, you all have been wronged, and today I announce that together, in my bid for Premier, we'll right all the wrongs we have been subjected to. I promise you, the enemies of the First Empire will be brought to account for all they've wrought upon us, whether they be domestic or foreign, Imperial or commoner."

Pyrena Castle briefly replied to the statement of Mr. Ofdensen, calling his words "dangerous rhetoric which is not, and shall never be, reflective of Imperial policy. Regardless of the results of the appeal the actions of Charles Foster Ofdensen are on record as having harmed Rokkenjiman interests. He shall never again be allowed near the levers of power, and we have confidence in the Rokkenjiman People that they shall see through the foolish words employed by the disgraced former Lord High Steward. Our focus, however, remains to govern and secure the return of the Crown Princess not to delve into a mudslinging match with Mr. Ofdensen."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 30, 2022, 11:46:05 PM »

Ofdensen Ousts Shinjirō As Centre Party Leader

Charles Foster Ofdensen has successfully ousted Shinjirō Koizumi as Centre Party Leader, promising to "reclaim the mandate of the People."

Moving quickly upon his return to the First Empire Charles Foster Ofdensen has ousted Shinjirō Koizumi as leader of the Centre Party with a promise: "Not only have I taken the leadership of the Party of Hartnell, I shall take the seat of Shinjirō in the coming elections and shall also lead our Party to victory. Not for myself, not for the Party, but for you, the People. I promised you that I would speak with you again shortly and my first remarks to you since then shall be this promise, this solemn duty, to clear the rot from our Empire and restore it to proper Constitutional governance, and to reassert our power throughout Mundus. I know there are many who are disappointed with the appeasements the Anselmos have made, be it our withdrawal from the Illumic, our toleration of Daitō appropriating Rokkenjiman symbols, allowing an Achkaerinese Count free reign over our foreign policy; all of these are signs of weakness, symptoms of corruption and back-door deals between the Anselmos and these gaijin, and upon my election I promise a stop to such acts of weakness. We'll remind Mundus just why the Illumic doesn't speak the tongue of Stalin, we'll remind them why the worst impulses of the Achkaerinese are best kept in-check, and why no one, not any in our region or the world abroad, should hold faith in the fickle and weak Empire of Daitō."

"A day of vindication is coming," he paused before continuing, "a day of great reckoning for a community of nations who have turned their backs upon us. I have been keeping count in my time away and some nations are overdue a reminder that showing due respect is the best course of action when dealing with the First Empire. The Iwi, Altona, Uí Ceinnselaig, in addition to those previously named, and though the list goes on the names are quite honestly not the important part of this equation. We have a choice: to shape the world around us so that it is beneficial to our interests as an Empire, or to allow the poison to spread throughout the international community which has its heart somewhere in Northfort. We must reclaim our world from an empire, not one of old, but one which has nonetheless extended its tentacles around the whole of Mundus and renders even our holy Chrysanthemum Throne inept and ineffective. Remember that the Anselmos signed new deals with the Morelanders, despite the Saisei Empress wisely terminating relations with them through throwing out the Tripartite. It was a move I highly advocated for, one which I knew was wise, and to see us take a step back into their orbit is most tragic."

"To reclaim the Mandate of the People, of our People to determine their future and reclaim it fully, hard decisions will have to be made. A deep state so entrenched that it has rendered Constitutional governance nigh impossible must be dismantled. The influences of the Throne must be checked, and perhaps it is time we explore the model employed by our Dartfordian brethren in rendering the Crown's influence in politics to something more inert. I am confident in our ability to get the tough jobs ahead of us accomplished, in challenging our enemies here and abroad, and giving Mundus a much overdue reminder. I will speak with you weekly until the elections in a nightly broadcast from my home and we'll get to know each other better. Until then hold the faith, challenge things which do not seem right, and prepare to vote for the government that will serve you until this body no longer draws breath. I dedicate my life to you, to my People, and I promise I shall not let you down as those who have sworn the same have consistently done."

Shortly after Mr. Ofdensen's remarks Pyrena Castle issued a statement "once again raising issue with the bellicose rhetoric employed by Mr. Ofdensen. These statements do not, and shall never, reflect official Rokkenjiman policy and remain the views held by a disgraced former Lord High Steward. This is the very rhetoric which caused great diplomatic upheaval for the First Empire in the past and must be challenged each time he opens his mouth to spew it. At a time where the Crown Princess is in the hands of captors we must remain unified in focusing upon the actual issues which face the First Empire just as much as we must remain a committed and engaged partner in an international community of cooperation and norms. Those nations listed by Mr. Ofdensen should rest assured that Rokkenjima does not hold any hostile intent toward you, and Mr. Ofdensen shall never realize the capability to put his words into action."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 07, 2023, 12:18:58 AM »

Princess Kyōko Offers Update On Aid Operations

The Princess praised the Rokkenjiman efforts as "exemplary of the capacity for good of the Rokkenjiman People and Empire."

When the flood waters rose in Djabidjan the Imperial Government was quick to act, offering an Emergency Aid and Reconstruction Package of र810.8m ($1.5bn), humanitarian supplies and the use of the hospital ship IRV Guardian which departed Djabidijan waters in October following an operation which Princess Kyōko called "highly successful in providing treatment and relieving stress upon local healthcare facilities. While the offer of humanitarian personnel on the ground was rejected, through our close coordination with local authorities, the resources presented by Guardian were utilized to their full potential. The departure of Guardian did not mark an end to Rokkenjiman aid efforts, however, as an additional र270.3m ($500m) EARP was then authorized following an assessment that additional assistance was necessary in aiding Djabidjan in moving beyond this disaster."

Humanitarian and medical supplies remained available for disbursement "until the humanitarian crisis was declared over by the Government of Djabidjan. In addition to the measures implemented by the Imperial Government in response to the flooding Blue Star Lines made available to the Imperial Government the ocean liners Poseidon and Rokkenjima which, together, provided temporary housing accommodations for up to 4,500 individuals. During their stay the two liners also provided meals, recreation and the chance for some to take a moment of rest in a most uncertain and perilous time. Blue Star Lines has been compensated by the Imperial Government for the period of time the liners were removed from service, with BSL providing food and provisions free of charge. Their departure came on the 14th of October, and I am proud of the work they did to help a nation which was facing most difficult circumstances."

Princess Kyōko conducted the review of the aid efforts at the direction of the Empress and an expansion of her portfolio.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 21, 2023, 05:54:16 PM »

Ifrit HGV Test Sinks Reserve Vessel In Second Test

A Damocles II missile was utilized in the test of the Ifrit HGV which sank the Imperial Reserve Vessel Viscount.

Imperial High Command has hailed the second test of the Ifrit HGV as "a success, striking a target in the Sea of Dauntel at hypersonic speeds resulting in the sinking of the intended target." IRF Viscount, which represented an experimental era which saw a combination of elements of a battleship with those of a drone carrier, was the intended target which was slated to be sunk to become an artificial reef. The decision for the location of the test came through work with Floodwaterian officials who had been exploring the possibilities for an artificial reef at that location, which resulted in a mutually beneficial arrangement between Floodwater and the Imperial Rokkenjiman Strategic Rocket Corps. "The payload of Damocles II separated after the booster's powered flight into the exoatmosphere, after which the Ifrit glide vehicle descended and maneuvered within the upper atmosphere to its target. Having successfully hit a target on land previously and, now, one at sea we are confident in the capabilities of the Ifrit platform in playing a key component of a strong Rokkenjiman deterrence position against potential adversaries," a spokesperson for Imperial High Command continued.

Viscount's final resting place as an artificial reef.

Speaking with the RBC Grand Marshal Rowe touted Ifrit as "our continued responsibility and duty to ensuring Rokkenjima can strike any target upon Mundus at any time of our choosing utilizing the most swift of options at our disposal. Utilizing Damocles II, which can launch 24 Ifrits in an MIRV configuration, the progress of the Strategic Missile Corps in securing the First Empire through restoring a most credible deterrence in the post-nuclear age is most certainly commendable. We're also seeing this deterrence secured through the Millennial Conversion Program, which is transitioning the Millennial Class from carrying ICBMs to 154 cruise missiles upon each Sovereign Class SSGN. Further defense considerations will be outlined in our annual Defense Posture Review, which will bring insights into what the Imperial Rokkenjiman Air and Ground Forces are deploying in the defense of the First Empire."

"We take a great amount of pride in utilizing tools, such as the Ifrit, which do not place Rokkenjiman lives at risk in defense of the First Empire," the Grand Marshal continued, "as well as utilizing proven platforms such as the former Millennials, transforming them into a platform capable of projecting great power wherever, and whenever, the Empress should need to call upon it. Whether it be the defense of the First Empire itself, or our friends and allies, Rokkenjiman innovation continues to be a force capable of ensuring that those who would wish to bring conflict to our shores had best think twice." The Grand Marshal did not take any questions from our reporter, saying "as stated, further details will be outlined in the Defense Posture Review."
« Last Edit: January 21, 2023, 09:35:37 PM by Beatrice »

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 24, 2023, 06:51:08 AM »

Ifrit HGV Sinks Second Celestial Class In Peniche Bay

Vehement has become an artificial reef in the Peniche Bay following the third successful test of Ifrit.

Earlier today the Stategic Rocket Corps conducted a third, and final, test of the Ifrit HGV, this time striking a target in the Peniche Bay. In cooperation with the Lakhzovian Government IRF Vehement, operating via ICON remote control and with a limited reserve of fuel, was struck while moving at a speed of 27 knots toward a pre-determined point by an Ifrit HGV launched from a missile silo located in Ecskana Prefecture. A first attempt, lauched from Arovium Prefecture, failed to strike the Vehement. "Rokkenjima thanks the Lakhzovian Government for their cooperation in this third successful test of the Ifrit system," Admiral Kisho shared with the RBC. "Rokkenjima values Lakhzovia as a key strategic partner who has long played a crucial role in bringing stability and tranquility to the Peniche. We look forward to future opportunities for our Governments to cooperate in the Peniche, and beyond."

Ifrit not only penetrated the armour plating of the Celestial Class, which represents a hybrid of a battleship and a drone carrier, it also sent the vessel to the bottom of the Peniche Bay, where it will serve as an artificial reef. "To sink such a vessel is one feat, to sink it as it moves through the Peniche demonstrates a Rokkenjiman capability to strike a target regardless of where it is, or if it is mobile. Through these developments Rokkenjima ensures that it maintains key operational capabilities to match or exceed peer competitors, or would-be competitors. While the first launch failed to hit its target we consider the test to be a success with the subsequential strike launched from Arovium fulfilling the prerequisites of the test."

At the time of the sinking of the Vehement reports indicate that the vessel was coasting, with all steps undertaken to ensure that the resultant reef would not itself be an environmental concern. "Full disclosure was provided to the Lakhzovian Government on the details of this test and they cooperated with the parameters of our mission," Admiral Kisho added. "While hypersonic weaponry will play a key role in the Rokkenjiman deterrent our capacity to position great firepower throughout Mundus, via the Sovereign Class which even in our own internal testing has proven to be a metaphoric black hole with some sailors describing them as "scary quiet" will play an equally important role. This, in combination with the Azukishima Class, leaves us well prepared for the next decade in upholding our defense commitments to the First Empire and her allies."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 26, 2023, 09:30:02 PM »

Ofdensen Denied Majority - Coalition Government Formed

Despite the wins for the Centre Party Ofdensen was denied an outright majority, forming a coalition government with the Green Party.

The Party of Hartnell, despite winning its first election in five years, was denied an outright majority in the House of Commons. With polls across the Empire closed the Centre Party won control of the House of Commons with 423 seats, followed by Teikokutō with 327 seats. The Socialist Party saw its share increase from 49 to 82 seats with the Green Party falling from 143 to just 18 seats. This change of fortunes for the Green Party did not hamper Ofdensen, however, as he formed a coalition government alongside them. No independent members were elected.

The House of Councillors was an entirely different story. While the Centre Party secured the largest number of seats Teikokutō maintained a presence of 25 seats. The Socialist Party also increased its presence to 13 seats while the Green Party fell to just 5. While the Centre Party can move legislation through the Commons if Teikokutō and the Socialists cooperate they would be capable of blocking Centre Party legislation. It remains to be seen if any working agreement between the two minority parties has, or will, be formed.

"While I had hoped our fortunes would be different we have seen Ofdensen and the Centre Party denied a mandate by the Rokkenjiman People," Katsuhiko Sugano said in brief remarks to the RBC following the announcement of the results. "His divisive rhetoric and dangerous ideas clearly did not resonate with the Rokkenjiman People, who have placed trust in our party and the Socialists to serve as a check on what would otherwise be an unrestricted, radical agenda. I will be reaching out to my Socialist counterparts to see what can be done for a working arrangement to be struck."

Ofdensen stated that he would make an address to the Empire later this evening declining requests for comment at time of publication. The return of the Premier comes with a divided government, and the fate of this Government seeming uncertain despite the win of Charles Ofdensen in his quest to become Premier.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 27, 2023, 10:05:47 PM »

Premier Ofdensen Addresses The Empire

"Today we start our journey together, one which will see Rokkenjima reclaim her rightful place in Mundus, and bring her the vindication she is so justly due."

After forming a coalition government with the Green Party Charles Foster Ofdensen addressed the People of Rokkenjima. His remarks are as follows:

"My fellow countrymen,

I wished to thank you for the trust and faith you have placed in both myself and the Centre Party to right the course which our glorious Empire finds itself upon. Years ago I served as Vicegerent to Empress Saisei, I served in many positions but I always did so in the hopes that I could be a faithful, dutiful servant to you, the Rokkenjiman People. I have traveled throughout Mundus and, let me tell you, there is not one nation which compares to ours; none so excellent, none so wonderful, our beloved Rokkenjima truly is without peers. Whilst some may try to imitate us, as our neighbours to the west, and others seek to undermine us at every turn, such as our northwestern neighbours, they equally stand in the shadow of Pyrettania. They cannot ever hope to compare to what our Empire is, what our People have accomplished, so they seek to emulate us or throw dirt at us, hoping to drag us down so that we're just as unremarkable as they are. Whilst the Crown has become ignorant to these slights against our nation and our name, I have been keeping receipts and can promise you today that the current state of circumstances will stand not one day longer.

The Centre Party, working with our Green partners, have a most ambitious agenda which will serve as a much overdue reminder for such foreigners that this level of disrespect does not come without consequence. While I have my disagreements with the Crown the idea of a foreigner coming to our Courts to seek prosecution against the Sovereign is most laughable and insulting; the gall of Cassiopeia is truly beyond compare. Our record in the fields of forwarding a clean environment for the whole of Mundus is well known, as is our contributions to a more sustainable future. My Government will be exploring all possible actions we can take in response to these slights, to hold Cassiopeia fully accountable, and I will report to you once we have a plan of action before us.

We must also ensure that, domestically, we are ensuring that future generations are well prepared to be productive members of Rokkenjiman society. I will be enacting a new, Rokkenjima-first educational program which will showcase the highlights of Rokkenjiman history, the progressive steps our nation has taken which have shaped Mundus for the better, and ensure that only those educators who ensure that Rokkenjiman students are enriched through patriotic courses are credited to teach in our schools. The age of an apologist Rokkenjima is behind us, and it is prudent that we start by ensuring that our children know there is never, under any circumstances, any reason why any Rokkenjiman should apologise to a foreigner. Many of them should in fact be thanking us, from the shores of the Illumic to the shores of Albion and beyond, for without a determined Rokkenjima many of them would be living in the chains of servitude today.

We must also ensure that Rokkenjiman allies are on the same page as us, that they truly share our values, and support a world view which is based on the international laws and norms we worked so hard to effect. We must see that the MCUR, not the Abrahamic Declaration, perseveres as the guarantor of rights. We must see that nuclear security is gained through MAEA, and that those who operate outside of its scope are isolated and brought to task for their reckless actions. We must see that the CTO has an effective successor, that the trend of regionalism and alliances such as the CNN aren't left to set the tone for the international order. We must support sovereignty over a Morelander scheme for global domination, and must counter Morelander attempts to exert their influence where it is not desired or needed.

We need to look inward as well, as in the absence of a democratically elected leader we now see an Achkaerinese foreigner in charge of our foreign policy. I held the position of Vicegerent before, and to grant such a position to a foreign national was an irresponsible dereliction of duty by the Saisei Empress.  My Government will represent an effective check on the influence of Valtheim in Pyrettania; together, you and I, we will see that Rokkenjiman policy is enacted because it benefits Rokkenjimans, not because it pleases the likes of Emperor Peter and Crown Princess Serenity. Today, with your vote, we began a partnership that will see all these issues settled, once and for all. Together we have declared a new independence day, and a day where not one Rokkenjiman need apologize for being Rokkenjiman. We are the city on the hill, we are the force that inspires hope in hearts across Mundus, and I'm here to tell you that you don't need to apologize for that; I say embrace it, embrace your excellence, our excellence, and let's show the world around us the path to peace, tranquility and a better Mundus for all without worrying about offending foreigners who don't know any better."

The Growth of the Centre Party is a Danger to Rokkenjiman Democracy, Even Lacking a Majority

An opinión article by George von Stein

The country of Rokkenjima is a fair one in both political and social freedoms. It enjoys freedom of speech, belief, religion and ideology, as well as the right to pick who one is ruled by. However, writes George von Stein, the growth of Ofdensen’s Centre party is a threat to all those Rokkenjiman values.

To first look at why the Centre Party is a threat we must look first at its leader, Charles Ofdensen. Duke of Pyrettania, Lord High Steward, Secretary General of the CTO, Viceregent and more, Ofdensen maintains an impressive CV. However, it all came down for him when he was convicted for his role in the Andean genocide, and though he was later cleared of his convictions (an issue of great contention among some circle), his insider reputation (that is, his reputation among the internal government of Rokkenjima) never quite recovered. It made any chance of him holding a respectable position in the Rokkenjiman state impossible, unless he could force his way into government. Thus he set his sights on the Centre Party.

The Centre Party was, pre-Ofdensen, mild and inoffensive. Arguing for fiscal responsibility and reasonable management of state and economy, the Centre Party was, as the name describes it, in the centre of politics. Ofdensen changed all of that. His entrance into the party and eventual seizure of it sparked a hitherto unseen change in the partie’s politics. It went from a reasonable, centrist party, with the offensiveness of a wet piece of tissue to what it is now: a right-wing populist party, bent on subverting the democratic process of Rokkenjima.

But what does that actually mean? It is easy to throw buzzwords around, to call Ofdensen a fascist, a communist or a reactionary, but what is he really? The most accurate thing to call him would be a simple populist. Ofdensen has no political ideology himself. He will say whatever will get him elected, and what he believes will get him elected is divisive and controversial takes on all aspects of Rokkenjiman society, from immigration to fiscal policy to government to foreign relations. If there’s a controversial take on Rokkenjiman politics, Ofdensen has likely voiced it. And this is exactly what makes him so dangerous. Ofdensen is a talented speaker, his relatively rapid return to power after his conviction is a testament to that. Every time he opens his mouth, he makes unreasonable ideas seem practical, obvious and simple. He mainstreams fringe ideas, pushing Rokkenjima dangerously close to the right.

But, some of my critics will inevitably cry out, how on Earth can he be a danger, he didn’t even manage to win a majority! And whilst that may be true, he managed to form a government. Now the people are looking to him to deliver his promises of a national revival to Rokkenjima, and if he fails to deliver he will be booted out of power once again. Ofdensen is no fool, he realises that. This is his do or die moment. And as the old saying goes, a cornered snake is when it is the most dangerous. If he fails to achieve his policies, and he feels the noose of public opinion tighten around his neck on the gallows of democracy, he will no doubt consider a coup, revolution or otherwise seizure of power to secure his dominance in Rokkenjiman society. Whilst it is doubtful whether Ofdensen will follow this consideration, the fact the possibility exists shows the danger of putting such a man in power. A Ofdensen government is a better concept than it is an actual practical solution to the nation’s problems, he needed this term to consolidate power legally, and as he failed to gain a majority government, any attempts to pull this off will fail. Ofdensen will not win reelection. He will realise this once the polls shift as the Rokkenjiman people wake up to the very real possibility that he wasn’t all he hyped himself up to be.

In addition to all the domestic implications of Ofdensen’s control, there are also the foreign implications. Ofdensen, simply put, establishes a bad precedent. Populist opportunistic war criminals forming or taking control of radical parties who are not afraid to sprout insurrectionist and reactionary rhetoric is not something the free nations of the world want to see popping up. This issue is impounded by the fact that, to put it bluntly, Rokkenjima is a hegemon. Where Rokkenjima goes, the world often follows not too long after. If Rokkenjima, a classic source of stability for the Mundus, were to fall to Ofdensen, the floodgates would be opened. It would be like knocking out a supporting wall and watching the roof cave in.

However, my critics may cry again, you fear monger and cry and weep about this threat you’ve outlined, yet sit in your armchair, proposing no solution. So I shall address these concerns. The Rokkenjiman political system is one of fine checks and balances, moderated by the stabilising and deradicalising influence of the Anselmos. In there, in faith to the system established by our ancestors, lies the path out. The Imperial Family, seeing any risk of power grabs or the subversion of democracy must take action to remove him, legally. And that includes dissolving the diet and calling new elections if it becomes necessary to save Rokkenjiman democracy. A radical move, sure, but one that may have to be taken in radical times.

This article was written by the GeoPolitik Research Group on the request of the Rokkenjima Broadcasting Corporation and may not represent their views.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 29, 2023, 11:21:50 PM »

BREAKING:Crown Princess Asuna Feared Dead

Crown Princess Asuna is feared dead following messages from the "Continuum" and corroborating evidence of their success.

Following a post on the official Instagram account of Crown Princess Asuna which stated she had been "removed from the timeline" and offered evidence in the form of a website for "ye naysayers" which hosted a video depicting the murder of the Crown Princess the Imperial Government has ordered "extraordinary measures" to ensure the safety and security of the First Empire. While no comment is available from Pyrena Castle at this time Premier Ofdensen has stated that "my heart is broken and shattered, I remember fondly the many days where Asuna called me "Uncle Offy" as she couldn't pronounce my name, and to think that her light has been snuffed out from this world is an injustice I am not prepared to accept this evening. However, and I promise you with the full weight of my word, that we will pursue those responsible to the fullest extent of our capabilities and ensure that they pay for this act. The Crown Princess will be avenged, and we will take all measures to ensure that our Empire and Imperial Family are safe through these most turbulent of days."

According to reports from Pyrena insiders Evanthe was whisked away to a medical facility after fainting at the delivery of the news, and later confirmation that the footage was authentic from the Ministry for Intelligence.

Grand Maester Yuna, speaking on behalf of the Rosari Faith, called the killing "an abomination, a tragedy, which impacts each and every Rokkenjiman. A bright light has been removed from our world and today we mourn together. Retribution will not heal this pain but it will see that the principles of justice are upheld, even in these dark days. I have every faith that this Continuum will be dealt with effectively and their injustice will be rectified." Readers may note that we have not referred to Evanthe Rhodes as "the Empress" in this article, and that is due to the terms of the arrangement which saw Evanthe Rhodes ascend to Chrysanthemum Throne. With the death of the Crown Princess comes the end of her legitimacy to preside over the Throne, which upon the death of the Empress, or Heiress Presumptive, places the Crown upon the head of Princess Kyōko, who will reign as Empress Shizukesa. Sources within Pyrena Casle have indicated that Empress Shizukesa shall address the Empire "shortly."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 29, 2023, 11:45:17 PM »

BREAKING:Empress Shizukesa Addresses The Empire

"Her killers will be found, they will be dealt with appropriately, and we will maintain the optimistic outlook which the Crown Princess held, not only for Rokkenjima, but for the world beyond our borders."

To my People, tonight we share a night of grief.

Earlier today a group known as the "Continuum" announced that Crown Princess Asuna had been killed, and the bastards posted a video of the killing online. I watched that video and what I saw can never leave my mind; like you I share a rage and a sadness which combine to make us make irrational choices. Tonight, however, I must ask you to resist those inclinations, and just as I am suppressing my rage, so must you. Have faith in your Government, have faith in your Empress. I promise you that I, and the government of the Premier, are doing everything in our power to find them, to hunt them and bring them to justice.

Crown Princess Asuna was such a bright light, always rising to the challenges of the day to draw light to issues no matter where they occurred. I promise you that her killers will be found, they will be dealt with appropriately, and we will maintain the optimistic outlook which the Crown Princess held, not only for Rokkenjima, but for the world beyond our borders, a reality. We can, together, keep her light alive and work to see that what she wanted to see in the world comes to be. We can make Mundus more kind, more equitable and more just; and we can see that each of us, each and every one of us, can spread her kindness because I don't know about you, but she motivated me to be better to each and every person I meet in my daily life.

All measures are being taken to ensure the safety and security of the First Empire, and I am hereby invoking each defensive treaty which the First Empire holds to bring the killers of the Crown Princess to justice. I will, personally, be inviting the representatives of our closest allies, the Tytorians, the Achkaerinese, the Morelanders and the Dartfordians, to speak with me on this situation and what we can accomplish, together, to see that justice is pursued to its fullest extent. While this day is sad remember, that the sun always breaks the lock of the clouds. We will see the sun again."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 03, 2023, 07:18:03 AM »

First Day Of Diet Marred By Controversy

Socialist Party Leader Raizen Yoki is shielded by members of the Socialist Party and Teikokutō as he called the present period the "third Great Patriotic War."

Violence nearly broke out in the Imperial Diet as Socialist Party Leader Raizen Yoki issued a strong rebuke of the Centre Party and Charles Foster Offdensen. Members of the Socialist Party, bolstered by Teikokutō members and Centre defectors, continued to speak even as calls were made for his microphone to be cut. "You seek out enemies beyond our borders, you foment nationalistic attitudes at home, the Party of Hartnell has truly lost its way!" Yoki said upon the floor of the House of Commons. "Your leader, a war criminal despite his acquittal, will lead this nation to true ruin without the intervening graces of the Crown. I call upon you, Empress Shizukesa, bring an end to this clown show, bring an end to this calamity, dissolve the Imperial Diet at once and restore good order to this Empire!"

Members of the Centre Party attempted to convene upon Yoki, only to be shielded by the Socialist Party and Teikokutō from making their way toward him which left one Centre member of the Commons to ask, on a hot mic, "Is this where we are, that a Party Leader cannot speak without violence toward his words? We are not a backwards nation yet here we are..." Pyrena Castle declined calls for the Diet to be closed stating "the will of the Rokkenjiman electorate that the legislature do the work of the nation. I condemn the show of force shown by the Centre Party and will challenge them if they continue to display this sort of behaviour on the floor of our chief legislative body."

Charles Foster Ofdensen, meanwhile, called the actions of the Diet "fully within reason" for "a body which has been a rubber stamp of the Anselmo dictatorship. The legislature is independent of the Crown, and they had every right to rush a shill of the establishment, regardless of his party affiliation. There is a disdain in this government directed towards me, and I accepted that in my campaign to lead this nation. I accept that the old ways will not give way to democratic governance overnight."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 04, 2023, 11:36:35 PM »

Premier Ofdensen Offers First Interview To RBC

Responses to the interview have been mixed, with many Rokkenjimans voicing their concerns over the rhetoric of the new Premier.

Charles Foster Ofdensen joined the RBC for a televised interview, which is available in full below.

Can you address the specific allegations or controversies you are facing and provide evidence to support your innocence or refute the claims?

The allegations against me have been misrepresentations of the truth from day one. The Anselmo Family, in their quest to distance themselves from any manner of responsibility in the matter of the Andean Genocide and their support for the Toshikawan regime, found a present scapegoat in me, and they ran with it. All the charges, the court proceedings, all of it was theatre. In the Achkaerinese they had a willing accomplice in their attempts to discredit me and paint me as the bad guy. I am glad to have finally had my day of vindication, and the trust of the Rokkenjimen People as their Premier, which proves that these vicious lies, put forth by the Saisei Empress and echoed by her Achkaerinese masters in Valtheim, have been cast out for the lies that they are.

How do you plan to regain the public trust and improve transparency in your administration?

Regain trust? I just won an election, I think that proves where the trust of the public stands; it stands behind me and my message for a new Rokkenjima. They saw me as a threat, they treated me as such, yet against all odds I have prevailed. I can only hope that Empress Shizukesa will take concrete steps to make up for the actions of her predecessors and restore honour to the Anselmo name for all of our sakes. As for transparency, all actions of my Government will be broadcast in advance for the People to know and weigh in upon long before they're enacted.

How do you plan to work with opposition parties and address their concerns or criticisms?

Those parties are so corrupted by Anselmo influence it's almost laughable that they won as they did in the House of Lords. My Government will be looking into voter fraud to ascertain just what happened as the old guard attempts to steady itself from the wall of justice coming their way.

What is your plan to ensure ethical and lawful behavior within your government and administration?

We will follow the Constitution and see that bad actors, given free reign up until this moment, are held to account. We have a lot of housekeeping to do, a lot of damage to undo as well, and I promise you all who harmed our First Empire will be made to pay for their crimes.

Can you provide examples of past actions or decisions that demonstrate your commitment to good governance and accountability?

My tenure as Lord High Speaker speaks for itself. Next question.

Last, and not least, with the assassination of Crown Princess Asuna what does your Government propose as an adequate response?

My heart is broken, just as all Rokkenjimans with this news. We'll find those who killed her and they will be made to pay, just as every other enemy of Rokkenjima will be made to pay. There is a vast global conspiracy against us, from our continental neighbours of Daito, Cassiopeia and UC to those further afield, such as the Morelanders (regardless of any Treaty an Anselmo signed) and Achkaerinese. This election was us taking control of the course of our nation and I promise you, our enemies will pay. Whether it be by blood or dollar, they will pay.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 08, 2023, 12:53:40 AM »

Empress Shizukesa Calls For "Calm Rationality"

The Empress has called for "calm tranquility" as Premier Ofdensen makes unprecedented statements.

Speaking with the RBC the Empress made clear that Chrysanthemum Throne does not share in the views of Mr. Ofdensen and called for "calm rationality" to be applied to the situations which the Premier is speaking of. "I, like many of you, have heard and read the words stated by the Premier toward international parties. These statements, which go so far as to call Rokkenjiman allies such as Achkaerin and East Moreland our enemies, is the sort of electoral bluster I'd have hoped would be left on the campaign trail, if not ever said at all. In many societies across Mundus we have seen where such nationalistic rhetoric and the creation of enemies leads, and it has never been to a good place. I call on the Premier to apply calm rationality when he is speaking, and to not jeopardize the reputation of the very Office which has only so recently been restored, through reckless and dangerous actions."

The Empress pointed to recent polling which suggests a growing apprehension in Rokkenjima following the elections saying "these statements are not receiving a very warm reception from the Rokkenjiman electorate and, who can blame them? We now see before us an era of uncertainty, and while our system has not been perfect it has provided stability for the most part, a stability which will be threatened if the Premier persists in these displays of theatrics. With the election behind us it is now the duty of the Premier to govern and provide results for the People who elected him. I share his concerns in one sphere, electoral irregularities, and will be working with internal and external bodies to review the election and ensure that no force has tried to subvert the will of the Rokkenjiman People."

"We must also not lose focus from the hunt for the Crown Princess' killers," the Empress continued. "By my authority I am ordering Imperial High Command and the INIS to expedite their investigations, to find answers, and to bring the killers one day closer to justice. I shall also be conducting some work overseas, where I shall look to ensure cordial ties and partnerships are maintained despite the rhetoric we have heard in the past few days. Those positions stated are not shared by the Crown, as such, I shall be looking forward to productive conversations and, in some cases, introductions, with those who I have not yet had the chance to meet."

"The Premier has his job to begin and I one to continue. Regardless of the tragic circumstances which have led to my reign the work of Chrysanthemum Throne for the Rokkenjiman People must continue."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 15, 2023, 11:25:23 PM »

Empress Addresses Empire, International Community

"The time for civility is over; I hereby order the Diet dissolved, and Charles Foster Ofdensen to held to be held to account for his unspeakable acts."

"Fellow Rokkenjimans, Friends and Allies of the First Empire, honourable delegates from afar, the Daitojin People;

We have jointly witnessed an unspeakable act of unprovoked aggression in the Rokkenjima Sea. Eleven families have holes drilled through their hearts, communities across the Daitojin Empire mourn irreplaceable losses, and there truly is no act I, nor any Rokkenjiman can do to repair this damage nor undo this tragic loss of life. I never expected to have to speak to you in this fashion, nor to sit upon Chrysanthemum Throne yet I find myself in this moment upon the Throne at a most crucial moment in the history of our Empire. In this moment we see Rokkenjiman forces acting without the sanction of the Crown, placing me in a position where I gave orders for Rokkenjimans to fire upon Rokkenjimans. This is a state of affairs which we have not seen since the Second Patriotic War, and a moment which should never have been allowed to happen again.

I wish to reassure the international community that I have taken all steps to ensure that the designs of a madman aren't allowed to come to fruition. I am assured by Grand Marshal Rowe that the assets of the Strategic Rokkenjiman Missile Corps are secured by design; with all final decisions for launch requiring actions which only the Empress, me, can initiate. I have also issued orders for all Rokkenjiman forces to stand down from offensive actions and, through our ICON backbone, possess the means to ensure that those who disregard orders are left to whatever fate the Seven Divine see fit for them. During the aggression we saw in the Rokkenjima Sea Grand Marshal Rowe was capable of rendering the rogue assets ineffective, while control commands effected the return to Rokkenjiman waters of the Kurogitsune and her carrier group. While such measures cannot counteract the free will of those who have heeded the drums beat upon by Ofdensen, they allow us to limit the damage they may inflict. Allow me to be perfectly clear with no room for error: any Rokkenjiman who wears the uniform of our Armed Forces who fires upon any foreigner, or any Rokkenjiman, will face the full force of justice, both in this life and the next. The Empress, not the Premier, holds supreme command of the Imperial Rokkenjiman Armed Forces and those who fired in anger upon the Daitojin have thrown aside the Eternal Contract, amongst which the first of its edicts state:

1. Harm not those around you, for all are the Children of Islyna.
2. Pursue love over hate, kindness over cruelty, understanding over discord, for these are the ways of Islyna.

To the Daitojin People I can only express my deepest of grief and regret at the losses you have suffered, and whilst I know that does not undo the harm which has been wrought I, nor Rokkenjima, are your enemy and I will do all that is within my personal remit to see that justice is effected, that due compensation to the Daitojin Empire and each family impacted by these actions is dispersed, and that we ensure that these actions may never again be repeated. Those who have been tempted by the tongue of Charles Foster Ofdensen do not reflect the Rokkenjiman People, nor our values or what we hope to see in the world around us. I do not know what compelled Ofdensen to this path, nor may I claim to know what possessed those who followed his orders to do so, but know that your loss, your suffering, weighs heavily upon my heart. I wish there was more that I could do to alleviate your pain, to return your loved ones to your arms yet, sadly, the All-Mother does not grant me that power. All I am able to do is extend a hand in the hopes that I may be of some, if any, help in this time and to do all that is within my power to prevent the forces of maleficence from ever again being successful in their endeavours.

I am also ordering, effective immediately, the dissolution of this Diet. Whilst investigations remain ongoing I have seen material which convinces me that there was a level of electoral irregularities which renders this Diet, and this Premier, illegitimate. For years this First Empire has sought to engage with the world around her in cooperation toward finding consensus amongst the nations. Until the events of yesterday our Empire has not fired weapons in anger outside of situations directly related to the defense of this First Empire, an ally, or in the defense of another nation or people. The task falls upon us, upon me principally, to see all involved face justice for their evils. At the same time, the task falls upon me to atone on behalf of our Empire, to see that the compassion of Islyna is extended to all impacted by these actions, and to ensure that each life touched by this tragedy does not suffer any further; I cannot bring those lost back, I see their faces in the post by Prime Minister Konishi and my emotions overtake me. Eleven lives cut short long before their time, countless families; those being their own, their friends, anyone they've ever mentored or helped, their communities, and it is so horribly unfair and I, the Blessed of Islyna, am left only capable of enacting damage control and offering everything short of what each of these families want and need in this moment: their brother, sister, friend, a passing smile on the street, back in their lives.

Yet these are not lives claimed in the name of Rokkenjima, but in the name of Ofdensen. I know our kin are angry, I promise them each and every Rokkenjiman loyal to the Throne share their anger, their anguish, and our regret will transcend generations for precious gifts of life we can never return to you. I promise you, as the Empress of this First Empire, we'll bring every last individual responsible for their deaths to justice. We'll cooperate, fully, in the endeavours of justice. It's much short of what you deserve yet, it's all that is within my remit to promise. I can only hope that powers higher than me or any mortal can grant the recompense you're so duly entitled to. These might of been the actions enacted by one man, but as Empress I must bear the consequences; I must be the one who makes this right, or as right as I am capable of. I implore of you to extend grace and cooperation so that we may, together, see those responsible for these evils to be brought to justice, that their designs for us to shed each others blood shall not progress any further.

To the international community I can confirm that the Rokkenjiman Government has taken actions to ensure the continuity of legitimate government, and that we are taking all avenues to limit the damage which Ofdensen is capable of inflicting. Any communications which are released outside of the Crown or the Imperial Council should be treated as illegitimate. Though this Empire faces dark times we have faced darker and, in those times, we overcame the storm clouds as they barreled down upon us. Charles Foster Ofdensen will not dictate the future of our Empire, nor will he consign our People to a costly war which he believes will save his station in this world. Just as we faced the remnants of the Federal Republic in times past, today we must stand united against those who would seek to sow evil and conflict throughout Mundus, and we must see that those aligned to justice, truth and accountability succeed at the end of the day.

The First Empire, despite these troubling times, stands strong: strong in our conviction, strong in our capacity to effect better in the world around us, and strong to defeat our enemies. Ofdensen had one victory let us, together, ensure that it is his last. All official communications should take place through the Office of the Vicegerent, all military communications should be directed to Grand Marshal Rowe. I will not be a passive fixture in this moment of history, and it is not lost upon me that I ascended through the Throne through tragedy to confront tragedy itself in the face. This is our moment, our slice of history, and may all of us make the difficult but necessary decisions which ensure that the pages which follow are better for all of us than the pages which preceded them. Let us show that compassion, the greatest force behind the human spirit, can smother the bitter hate we saw on display in the Rokkenjiman Sea. Though one may be Aittsu, and us Aittsu, tonight we are all Ōnishi. Tonight all Ōnishi share grief in this tragedy and, tomorrow, all Ōnishi will work toward a better tomorrow, for anything less will grant Ofdensen the win he so desperately seeks.

May Islyna keep all of you in her graceful embrace, may she bring peace and tranquility to those who suffer, and may she grant those who fight for this First Empire and its values the strength to win this fight for the very soul of our Empire."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 16, 2023, 11:34:13 PM »

Imperial Rokkenjiman Air Force Downs RK80
Empress has called on Charles to "surrender peacefully and not prolong his flight from justice."

The Imperial Rokkenjiman Air Force intercepted an RK80 which had taken off from Luca Air Force Base in Ecskana Prefecture despite orders of the Empress for the Imperial Rokkenjiman Armed Forces to stand down from any offensive operations. Officials at the base were quick to act, shooting down the aircraft shortly after takeoff, and after several messages were ignored for the pilot to cease and desist. "Let there be no mistake, we will have zero tolerance for those who ignore the commands of the Empress of Rokkenjima. While there may be some who are swayed by the rhetoric of Ofdensen I assure you, there's many more in your units who will take care of you before you pose a threat to the First Empire, our friends and allies, or the international community at large," Grand Marshal Rowe said in brief remarks.

Pyrena Castle commended the efforts of Imperial Air Base Luca, stating "the Empress has been clear: disobeying direct orders has consequences. The Empress is working to reach out to foreign powers to address concerns while also implementing measures to ensure that Ofdensen is isolated and incapable of communica...."

actend   purpor   diatortnes   composmoldies   roomot
devinsifying   datestly   tiange   saille   
pendins
restaressly   ugenters

Dartfordia

Thank you for joining us this evening I'm Marcus Patterson, and this is RBC: World, Dartfordia. As the situation continues to develop in Rokkenjima access to our main office in Pyrettania has been severed internationally. Currently we are incapable of communicating with reporters on the ground throughout Azukishima Prefecture, RBC sources, nor officials of the Rokkenjiman Government. We will continue to follow these latest developments and bring you the latest as they come into the newsroom. Prior to communications being cut off we witnessed a distortion of the signal followed by a series of nonsense words in differing colours and fonts. Shortwave operators have also called into our office to report activity on a suspected Rokkenjiman INIS numbers station which occurred as signals from Azukishima Prefecture ceased.

People are reporting that attempted calls to Azukishima numbers are returning with a failed status upon hitting send. It is unclear at this hour if this is a move from Ofdensen or the Imperial Rokkenjiman Government.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: February 17, 2023, 10:20:52 AM »

Empress Addresses Empire, Threat Of Charles Foster Ofdensen Neutralized

"Charles Foster Ofdensen, and the threat he poses to our First Empire, have been eliminated."

Following an operation of the Imperial Rokkenjiman Navy the Empress announced that Charles Foster Ofdensen was amongst the confined at Exuperia Palace.

"Today, our Empire can collectively take a moment to breathe as the Imperial Rokkenjiman Guard conducted a successful operation which has placed Charles Foster Ofdensen, who had elected to use my family's home in Exuperia, under absolute house arrest. Living his days in elegance undeserving of him, joined by his commanders who betrayed the Throne and Empire, I am confident that the threats against the First Empire have been resolved domestically. Across the entirety of the Imperial Rokkenjiman Armed Forces and the Imperial Naval Intelligence Service I have received reports that the military, diplomatic and intelligence services of this First Empire remain within my control, with the handful of Ofdensen fanatics either repenting, taking their lives, or being subdued into custody. The state of our Empire remains strong and, just as I promised our People and international partners, I have removed the threat.

In the coming days I will look to establish discussions with various parties across Mundus as we take a look into just what transpired, as well as ways to compensate the Empire of Daito for damages incurred through the actions of Charles Foster Ofdensen. As the threat has been removed there is no reason for the forces of Daito to cross into Rokkenjiman territorial waters, territory or airspace: any offensive actions against the First Empire will be met with a robust response and the activation of Rokkenjiman defensive treaties. The time for bullets to fly has passed and, as I relayed to my counterpart in Daito, offensive actions against the First Empire shall cease. The Imperial Rokkenjiman Armed Forces performed well in their role to defend the Rokkenjiman homeland from foreign attack during a time of great internal turmoil, and I commend them for ensuring no further destruction was wrought by the designs of Ofdensen.

With the primary threat removed what remains before us is an internal matter, and one we will handle. I invite our friends from East Moreland to assist in an investigation of the Rokkenjiman electoral system, which has seen irregularities which propelled Ofdensen to the highest elected office in the Empire. On that front, I am forced to suspend elections for the Premier until such a time we've ensured that all influence of Ofdensen and those who would have their own designs are indeed eliminated. Though we've seen a dark night the morning before us is beautiful and just as we've done time and again, our Empire will rebound stronger from this crisis."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 19, 2023, 08:55:51 AM »

Empress Draws Red Line: Suisenjima and Akarishima Non-Negotiable

The Empress has declared "not one inch" as tensions continue to flare despite interests on both sides for the path of peace to prevail.

Following attacks upon Suisenjima and Akarishima by the Empire of Daito the Empress has declared that the status of the islands is non-negotiable, dispatching three Carrier Strike Groups and other assets of the Imperial Rokkenjiman Navy to effect the removal of foreign forces from the islands. In addition the Empress has declared that the First Empire would activate its defensive treaties. "Make no mistake, when the Empress states "not one inch" the Imperial Rokkenjiman Armed Forces know just what that means. We will respond, with overwhelming firepower, to defend every inch of Rokkenjiman territory from all threats. If the Empire does not back down and return to positions held prior to this latest provocation they will be removed; placing the Empire in an offensive war within which the First Empire could legitimatley call for the assistance of our treatied allies to resolve the conflict decisively. This is a war I do not feel the Empire truly desires, and one I am confident they shall seek to avoid at all costs," Grand Marshal Rowe shared with the RBC.

Speaking on behalf of the First Empire the Empress called for "good sense to rule the day" and expected her counterparts in the Empire to tread back from these latest actions. "I still maintain every faith that the process of peace may yet succeed, however, do not mistake that for weakness. If these actions are not undone, if our cousins do not depart from Suisenjima and Akarishima within 48 hours, I will be forced to issue orders to effect their removal and establish a resolute defense of Rokkenjiman territory. I will also be forced to ensure that no outside parties, whether they be regional or from the North, hold any potential to threaten the stability of this First Empire. I call on all parties to fully engage in the process of peace and to cease and desist from all offensive military operations. A continued persistence upon this path will force my hand, and I will see that our borders are maintained. Whether that is by the pen or the sword is fully within the Emperor's hands at this moment, but I promise you we will not fail. We have shown restraint thus far, but that restraint has been spent. Stand down and go home before I have to see that you're escorted home."

The Empress confirmed that Rokkenjima would activate its defensive treaties should her terms not be met. "The unfortunate series of circumstances were not one which our treaties could legitimately be activated over, the retaliation of our cousins was legitimate for the actions taken by Ofdensen. However, the moment he was removed from play renders these actions, and any further taken in their pursuit, as a defensive conflict for this First Empire. I trust in the wisdom of my counterpart to cease and desist before words become incapable of solving the issue before us."
« Last Edit: February 24, 2023, 02:08:20 AM by Beatrice »

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 24, 2023, 01:39:28 PM »

Chrysanthemum Throne Challenges Emperor's Narrative

The Empress set the record straight on some comments made by the Emperor of Daito.

As the First Empire continues to assess damages and begin reconstruction at sites targeted by the Empire of Daito Chrysanthemum Throne has challenged the Emperor's account of diplomatic activity prior to Daitojin strikes against Rokkenjima. In the speech which announced the mobilization of his nation for war the Emperor stated that:

"This military action, taken in accord with the International Community and with the backing of the Imperial Diet, follows constant and virtually endless diplomatic activity on the part of the Assembly of Ardia, the Empire of Daitō, and many, many other countries. Yet in spite of this, the leadership of the Empire of Rokkenjima instead sought to shift blame, to "point the finger" at others so that they may save their own skin. Even following our Ambassador's—the honorable Haruki Edano—numerous meetings with the Rokkenjiman government, we were unable to secure a peaceful resolution. As a last ditch effort, Prime Minister Konishi himself had sought to meet with Rokkenjima's leadership, but he was refused. Our nation, as well as those involved in a multi-national coalition, have exhausted all reasonable efforts to achieve a peaceful resolution to this crisis, and have no choice but to restore order in East Ardia by force. We will not fail."

"If I had been approached in any manner I assure you that the diplomatic situation between our Empires would be much different today," the Empress stated from the Imperial Palace. "Shortly after the actions of Ofdensen which resulted in the downing of Akawashi 304 I reached out to my Daitojin counterparts in haste, to "offer my sincerest of apologies that things have escalated to this point, however, rest assured that you have a committed partner in the Throne in bringing this crisis to a swift resolution." While I was greeted with words which seemed to align with that goal we saw fresh attacks launched upon Suisenjima and Akarishima yet now, thankfully, we are seeing our compliance with the directives of the Assembly of Ardia being reciprocated. I wish I had the opportunity to speak with the Ambassador or Prime Minister as the Emperor claimed, much damage could have been prevented in that case, and today we may be in a better position for cooperation. I remain committed to the peace process for a war which no legitimate party of this Imperial Government pursued, however I will also defend truth, honour and dignity and reflect the events which led us to this point accurately."

"The Emperor placed his nation on a war footing, seeking damages across Rokkenjima after I had informed him of the situation regarding Ofdensen, and the steps I was taking to rectify this grave situation. These moves were not mirrored by Rokkenjima: certainly I took actions to secure our territory, waters and airspace but I did not call upon reserves nor place Rokkenjima on a war footing. Each and every action of my Government has been defensive, however, the time has come to stop speaking of the past and focus our energies upon the future. As I have during this entire ordeal I shall continue to represent the best of Rokkenjima's national character, working with our international partners, organisations and allies to effect a path of peace and stability, both here in the Rokkenjima Sea and beyond. To effectively do that the record had to be set straight: my Government has been dedicated to seeing diplomacy succeed from the start, and we shall achieve it in the coming days. I invite my counterparts abroad to speak with me directly should there be any concerns or misunderstandings as the fog of conflict continues to lift, and we may realize the picture more clearly."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 26, 2023, 12:12:39 AM »

Amateur Video Captures RKB-71 Operating Near Carrier

Imperial High Command has verified the authenticity of a video which claims that an RKB-71 did, indeed, take off far from Rokkenjiman shores. Artistic impression displayed above.

Amateur video has captured what appears to be an RKB-71 operating far from Rokkenjiman shores aircraft carrier whilst Imperial High Command has verified the authenticity of the video. Riryuu Kanei posted the video on social media asking "WTF?!" in a video which has quickly gone viral. Imperial High Command, noted for their hesitancy to speak on such videos, confirmed the authenticity of the video. "The aircraft in question is known to the Imperial Rokkenjiman Armed Forces as RKB-71N, or Yūgana hakuchō (Graceful Swan) is the next evolutionary step for the RKB-71, and we will not be dishonest with the Rokkenjiman People with where their tax Ducats are going. These aircraft will serve alongside the RK80-N and supplement the air wings of carriers larger than the Megitsune Class, providing the Imperial Rokkenjiman Naval Air Wing capabilities beyond that which is presently available," Grand Marshal Rowe shared with the RBC.

While some have questioned utilizing the RKB-71 platform upon Rokkenjiman carriers Rowe was quick to point out the successes of the RKB-71 platform, "one which has, to date, suffered no combat losses. If it isn't broke, we're not going to fix it. The IRN is pursuing new advances with the RK80-N, and we're supplementing that capability with the RKB-71N for vessels capable of accommodating it. The IRN shall continue to offer the Empress a slate of options to respond to threats to this First Empire in the most appropriate manner, and the Graceful Swan is yet one more arrow in her quiver."

Both IHC and the Imperial Palace declined further requests for comment.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 05, 2023, 09:22:58 AM »

IRN Intercepts Pirate Vessel In Krimeon Sea

Spirit of Elpidia fired the shot which disabled the ability of Sōya to manouver prior to it being boarded.

The Imperial Rokkenjiman Navy intercepted and sunk a pirate ship following a brief exchange of fire nearly 275nm southwest of Preoria, freeing 27 crewmembers whilst detaining nearly 150 pirates. Despite several calls for the vessel to surrender peacefully the pirates opened fire upon IRN Spirit of Elpidia which returned fire after a display of great patience, disabling the ability of the vessel to manouver. Once this was accomplished the vessel was boarded and brought under tow by the Imperial Rokkenjiman Navy. The crew, mostly Rokkenjiman-Rishiri, are presently being taken to facilities in nearby Lakhzovia for treatment after which they will return to Rishiri. Meanwhile the medium-sized freighter, Sōya, will be towed to Rosa Shipyards for repair work and a resumption of service.

The Imperial Rokkenjiman Navy had been tracking the vessel for just under 48 hours following an emergency call from the Sōya. The IRN stated that the pirates intended to use the freighter as a "mother ship" from which to base attacks upon further vessels. "With the Sōya back in Rokkenjiman hands, her crew on their way home and the pirates in Rokkenjiman custody, this operation has ensured that stability and tranquility on the seas has been maintained. The IRN will continue its longstanding anti-piracy patrols and address such threats wherever they may emerge. The Krimeon Sea is a vitally important body of water to Rokkenjiman trade and, with this incident, we will be reaching out to our Lakhzovian counterparts to effect greater co-operation on such operations, as well as further partnership opportunities in the region. Lakhzovia has done remarkably well in ensuring that such conduct does not occur in the Peniche; we feel that Rokkenjiman-Lakhzovian cooperation further afield would extend that tranquility throughout the Krimeon."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 26, 2023, 09:50:13 PM »

Lakhzov President Begins Visit To Rokkenjima

President Kadassa (pictured at Pyrettania International Airport) took a moment to wave before departing for the Imperial Palace.

Pyrettania found itself wrapped in the pomp and circumstance of a state visit as the Empress welcomed President Sachim Kadassa for official talks. The invitation to President Kadassa marks the first visit of a head of state to the First Empire since the Ofdensen Plot, and the first such visit during the Shizukesa Era. Speaking prior to the arrival of the President from the Imperial Palace the Empress shared her hopes for "productive dialogue, a reconnecting between the Rokkenjiman and Lakhzov Peoples, and a renewal of the Pyrettania-Nakim Accord which will bolster the prosperity, security and position of the First Empire and the Republic long into the future. While in the past we've seen the First Empire distracted by events in the far north, or even in regions such as the Illumic, in Lakhzovia Rokkenjima has known a steady partner which has stood alongside this First Empire despite difficulties in the Saisei and Ōkami eras. It is certainly one of my greatest pleasures to welcome our friend, President Kadassa, to the Imperial Palace so we may see relations between our nations solidified alongside a renewed partnership to safeguard our mutual interests."

Scores of Rokkenjimans later lined the road to the Imperial Palace waving Rokkenjiman and Lakhzovian flags, tossing suisens just ahead of the motorcade which carried President Kadassa to the Palace. Shouts could be heard supportive of Rokkenjiman-Lakhzovian partnership which, save for a short list of treaties, remains one of the longest-standing treaties held between the First Empire and a foreign nation. "Today we look forward to the future with all the hope and optimism that view presents us," the Empress continued in remarks to the RBC, "and we shall remember the past only so we shall not repeat mistakes once made. Today, with President Kadassa, I shall be honoured to renew the Pyrettania-Nakim Accords and set our nations on a new path of understanding, harmony and strategic partnership. Through these endeavours I am confident that the prosperity and peace our two nations enjoy shall be greatly enriched, as will the spirit of cooperation in areas of mutual concern. Naturally, I shall keep you informed as our talks progress and we, together, realize the goals set forth for these talks."

Upon the official arrival of President Kadassa two flags were flown from the gates of the Imperial Palace; the Imperial Standard on the left and the Lakhzovian on the right. Upon the conclusion of the talks the Lakhzovian Flag will be lowered and the Rokkenjiman Flag will be restored to its usual position. This custom dates back to the days where Azukishiman Empress' would be entertaining foreign dignitaries for official talks at the Palace and is a tradition which was restored at the behest of the Crown Princess. Accomodations for President Kadassa have been arranged on the grounds of the Palace, with the President enjoying the comforts of Her Majesty's Guest House. Meanwhile, upon sunset, the pristine white walls of the Imperial Palace will be illuminated on equal sides with the colours of the Rokkenjiman and Lakhzovian flags.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 31, 2023, 10:50:06 PM »

Empress Announces Operation Tsubaki

Echoing the words and sentiments shared by Josiah Rhodes, former Archon of Seaforth, the Empress has declared the "era of passiveness is over".

Speaking to the Rokkenjiman People on live television the Empress has announced a widespread effort of the First Empire to counter the institutions of slavery and servitude, dubbed Operation Tsubaki. "In the coming days the Imperial Rokkenjiman Navy will be dispatching the Trans-Matilda Squadron to shadow and, when necessary, stop shipping associated with the Tamoran Government in international waters, and those corporations known to employ slavery in the conduct of their operations, under Article 110 of the Fair Seas Condordat. As the Tamoran Empire holds tens of millions in slavery it is reasonable that most, if not all, vessels flying the Tamoran Flag are engaged in the slave trade. The scope of the Trans-Matilda Squadron shall not be limited to the Tamoran Empire; those states who have allowed the Empire to skirt international sanctions and have shared in the profits of the institutions of slavery shall likewise fall under the purview of the Squadron. At this time, given their close associations with the Tamoran Empire, vessels under the Heyran flag shall be treated as suspect as well."

While the Empress did not give full details as to the composition of the Squadron she did state that "the full spectrum of the IRN's capabilities will be utilized, from surface units to submersible units, with at least two Schools (a Rokkenjiman formation of attack submarines) being dispatched to both sides of the Matildas to support Operation Tsubaki. I shall also be in active discussions with Rokkenjiman allies and partners to join forces in bringing pressure to bear upon those who continue to profit from human suffering and exploitation. Josiah Rhodes long called for the community of nations to take more action, especially signatories of the MCUR, against Tamora and its putrid continuation of the institution of slavery. Today, the First Empire heeds those calls and says too much time has passed, too many lives have been harmed or ended; today, we undertake these actions not because they are easy, but because they are what is demanded of the situation before us."

The Empress sought concurrence with the Provisional Elected Government, a caretaker government to transition from the Ofdensen Plot to a renewed democratic government. In a vote of 99-1 in the Provisional Commons and 150-0 in the Provisional Councillors, the Concurrence Motion passed and was agreed to. "Together we shall work to see the scourge of slavery removed from this chapter of history, to be permanently consigned to the past. We have long danced around this difficult issue as a community of nations, let us not see yet one more day of inaction to this difficult situation. The Imperial Rokkenjiman Navy shall exercise this mandate with the professionalism and sense of duty it has shown over the course of its history and, together, this First Empire shall declare that it is on the side of the downtrodden, the voiceless, and the powerless."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 24, 2023, 12:33:15 AM »

IRGF Sees Increased Focus

Imperial High Command has set its sights upon a larger, more capable, IRGF following the episode of Daitojin aggression and increased demands at the border.

As the peace process continues to play before the Assembly of Ardia the First Empire has set its sights on a larger, more capable Imperial Rokkenjiman Ground Forces. While much attention has been paid to the IRN and IRAF the IRGF have languished, largely due to the historic peace which has existed in the Rokkenjima Sea region. With the attacks launched against Suisenjima and Akarishima by the Empire of Daito, combined with reported concerns within the Imperial Palace that Daitojin generals hold a degree of autonomy from the traditional chain of command, the IRGF has been ordered to maintain a "constant defense" along the Rokkenjiman-Daitojin border. These deployments, which include "enhanced security measures" along the border, have brought the readiness of the IRGF to the forefront.

"It has become clear that greater investments need to be made into the Ground Forces. Imperial High Command is investing in a series of procurements for the Ground Forces, including infantry fighting vehicles, light utility vehicles, and a broader fleet of supply vehicles to ensure our forces are just as capable of the defense of the Rokkenjiman homeland as their counterparts in other branches of the Imperial Armed Forces. We're also addressing the traditionally small size of the Ground Forces through an incentive program for current Reservists to transition to full-time service. To date this program has seen a great turn-out and we are confident that we can meet the Empress' request that the IRGF see an increase from 180k professional soldiers to 350k," Grand Marshall Rowe shared with the RBC.

"It's true," he continued in response to a question, "that we took advantage and perhaps became accustomed to our back yard being in order. We've seen in this a challenge from the Daitojin, and it is a challenge which we shall not shirk from. The Rokkenjima Sea, and Eastern Ardia, have enjoyed peace and stability since the close of the Soviet War in Themata; we shall see that Rokkenjima is capable of ensuring the resumption of that peace and we shall guard it from all threats, regardless of where they may originate from. This will also see increased partnership between the First Empire and regional partners, such as Phuebra and Tytor, who all share an equal stake in the peaceful environment which has so unfortunately been upset."

The fallout from the brief exchange of fire between Rokkenjima and Daito has changed the security calculus in the Rokkenjima Sea, with some insiders saying that the Imperial Palace views the Daitojin as a power which "must be kept in check after their disruptive behaviour." While rumours have circulated of Daitojin "hawks" here in the First Empire they certainly have counterparts, with the Empress erring on the side of caution following Daitojin intrusions into Rokkenjiman airspace and territory. "She held her hand once," one insider said, "next time, many of us are expecting should the Daitojin even flinch she may enact an overwhelming Rokkenjiman response."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 05, 2023, 03:23:43 AM »

Empress Sutāraito Addresses First Empire

"We have seen the worst impulses born of the human heart: greed, hate, destruction, and I ask that you have faith in me to overcome them. We have faced the eye of evil and we must overcome it together, I cannot do it without you."

Following a private ceremony the First Empire has a new Empress; Empress Sutāraito. Enthroned following a ceremony at the Caelestis Curia at the Templum Septem in Pyrettania the Empress, feared dead following the plot of Charles Foster Offdensen, spoke with the People of Rokkenjima and the world at large. Her remarks follow in full below.

"Fellow Rokkenjimans, Friends and Allies of the First Empire, honourable delegates from afar, I thank you for joining me here this evening.

Fears of my premature demise are, well, premature; my captors did not succeed in their mission and I am so horribly sorry that an air of deception has been involved in the status of whether I have been living or dead these past few months. I have missed you all, I have missed my People, but my duty to you all, a duty I accepted upon the day I was born, is one I was forced to live up to this entire time. Today I re-emerge from that period as Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima, descendant of Islyna, principle servant of the People of Rokkenjima. In saying that, we have much work before us. Allow me to break it down for you.

First, relationships must be repaired. From those that have been difficult for so long, with an air of distrust between us and our foreign partners to those that have been strained just a short time, that with the People of Daito, we have responsibilities which must be met. The attack upon a Daitojin aircraft which saw so many lives cut short has been turned into a spectacle before the Assembly of Ardia and this is a process which I am taking charge of immediately. Although the actions which initiated this unfortunate series of events were undertaken under an illegitimate chain of command I will not begin my reign, nor will I begin this era, by irking my responsibility as Empress of the First Empire. I will be rescinding the demands of Empress Shizukesa before the Assembly of Ardia and will accept no financial compensation from the Empire of Daito; instead we shall implement in tandem a program which shall see each Daitojin family impacted by the actions of Rokkenjima at that time duly compensated for their losses. While no sum can bring a life back it is our responsibility as Rokkenjimans to see that each life touched by this tragedy is taken care of, that they know we share their grief, and we shall take full responsibility for the actions of our own regardless of the circumstances. On behalf of the Rokkenjiman People and the First Empire I apologize for the actions which initiated this truly tragic chain of events and know that I will take every action, and make every decision, to restore the friendship which once existed between our Peoples.

Second, I once again offer my apologies to the Commonwealth of the Iwi and request a personal audience to relay our apology and make things right between our Peoples. We haven't got it right between us, and I feel we have unduly persecuted the Commonwealth while falling short of our stated values in being a steadfast friend to all Ardian nations; we let the Iwi down greatly and it is my mission to see a future where the Iwi and the Rokkenjiman are friends, brothers and sisters. When I offered my apology initially it was as Crown Prinncess Asuna; today, I reiterate my apology as Empress Sutāraito of Rokkenjima. I implore King Piripi to accept this apology on the behalf of the Rokkenjiman People and to grant me an audience with him so we may see the differences between our peoples relegated to the pages of history. Let us walk into the future together, not on parallel paths. Let us set forth the path which will see us work together, not opposed.

Third, I wish to meet with our partners in East Moreland to rectify the lack of a signature between our nations, an opportunity I am sorry my predecessors did not take full advantage of. Look at what our nations have accomplished together, look at the friendship we have enjoyed for so many years; I desire to be the Empress that sees those ties resumed and solidified. We have so much to catch up upon and so much to work together upon; if I am granted an audience I hope to rectify the wrongs of those who came before me and reassure the People of East Moreland that Rokkenjima, just as our values call for, is a nation that lives up to the bonds it makes, that we are a nation that lives for peace amongst the nations and the defense of those most weak amongst us. We share so much in common, let us place these difficulties behind us.

Fourth, to my neighbours who have had adverse interactions with Rokkenjima, please see the dawn of a new day in me and let's talk. Let's pave the path to a new future which recognizes the best qualities reflected in our nations and cultures, and builds upon them for something better than differences and indifference between us.

Fifth, Thomas Emmanuel Roland Frederick Xavier Waverly-Edwards, hello again, I'm not dead and you still inhabit a good portion of my heart. Can you deal with the stresses associated with being the heartthrob of the Empress of Rokkenjima? I'm sorry I couldn't tell you I was still alive, but the greater good is worth so much more than my personal interests and I hope you can understand. Please join me at the Imperial Palace at your earliest convenience so we can properly catch up.

To my People I say again, I am your servant; from the first day I drew breath to the last day I draw breath. We have many tasks before us, and together, I am confident we shall not only meet them, we shall exceed the difficulties they placed in our path. Today is a new day for us, let us always choose the path which is just and compassionate; let us always choose that which is right no matter how hard the costs are to us. May the All-Mother encourage compassion and kindness in your hearts and may She always bless and keep this First Empire of Rokkenjima!"

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 20, 2023, 10:36:54 PM »

RK80N Shockwaves Bend Light

An RK80-N undergoing test flights in Azukishima Prefecture.

The RK80-N assigned to the Imperial Rokkenjiman Navy's Evaluation Squadron, impacted the air around it as it made two passes through the Imperial Rokkenjiman Testing Grounds in Azukishima Prefecture. Both times the aircraft produced this effect which occurs when the air around a near-supersonic jet warps. This compresses or expands depending upon how the airflow behaves over different parts of the airframe. These changes in pressure impact how light is refracted or bent leaving prominent shock wave lines which stack up as the jet approaches the speed of sound. They become more conical once supersonic. With the addition of the afterburner 'shock diamonds' and the hot exhaust churned out by the jet, the effect turns out to be a stunning display of physics in action.

The tests are undergoing as the Imperial Rokkenjiman Armed Forces has its eyes set upon Tytorian aircraft to compliment the Imperial Rokkenjiman Air Force.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 20, 2023, 09:30:06 PM »

Three Reverence Class Ships Returned To Service

Edward Truden was observed performing tests near Hoshiko Island.

Following a display of firepower in the Rokkenjima Sea Cecelia Anselmo, Alexander Vaughan and Edward Truden of the Reverence Class have been restored to active duty, with Iona Azurewind and Josiah Rhodes receiving work to bring them to a state of near-readiness which would allow for their swift reactivation. While some have stated that the reactivations are a response to the Arswydus-Class Imperial High Command did not state that was the reason. "Imperial High Command routinely monitors foreign developments and adjusts the Rokkenjiman defence posture as necessary. In addition to the conversion of the Millennial Class from SSBN to SSGN, Imperial High Command has noted a need for further support in bombardment operations, hence the partial reactivation of the Reverence Class," a statement from IHC read.

In addition to the reactivation IHC stated that developments in scramjet technology since the initial deployment of the Susanoo Munition Program were moving things closer to the goals of the program. "For example, if the IRN were to find itself in a position where it was facing an adversary such as Tamora, the utilization of Susanoo munitions against Djerb is a position we're comfortably within reach of," a Pyrettania insider shared under the condition of anonymity with the RBC. "We're not talking of the Daitōjin battleships of the great war, we're talking of those built as recently as 2017, clearly IHC believes there's a good bit of life left in those ships and is using the investments of Rokkenjiman resources to their full advantage. As to whether naval developments in certain other nations are prompting such moves, I will not comment."

The RBC will continue to cover this developing story.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 29, 2023, 11:17:06 PM »

A Titanic Discovery In Tsukishima

Olympic as seen in 1914, shortly before the outbreak of the Great Patriotic War.

Prior to the split which resulted in the Dartfordian White Star Line and the Rokkenjiman Blue Star Line a trio of liners were built, two in Dartfordia and one in Rokkenjima. The Olympic Class represented an engineering marvel at the time, resulting in the largest liners afloat for the time. Whilst tragedy would strike the Dartfordian liners the Rokkenjiman contribution to the Olympic Class, Olympic herself, served until the early 1930s having survived the initial transition to the era of the Federal Republic. However, due to a myriad of issues facing the international community Olympic would find herself impounded as the original incarnation of the Blue Star Lines faced bankruptcy due to the changing priorities of the Republican government.

Today, in an RBC exclusive, we can confirm that the several theories as to what happened to Olympic are certainly incorrect as, in a facility which many in Rokkenjima and Daitō perhaps have glossed over for generations, Olympic sits almost as if stuck in a vacuum of time. Our crews were given brief time aboard the storied ocean liner, which the Blue Star Line had affectionately nicknamed "Old Reliable" even as newer vessels joined the Blue Star fleet, noting that she remained a fan favourite until the dissolution of Blue Star Lines in 1932. "While it's evident that she's suffered the effects of time and some neglect, this example of Rokkenjiman ingenuity still stands largely intact. It is perhaps the luck of fate that she was impounded by Daitōjin authorities as the original Blue Star Lines floundered," one correspondent said as he walked through the First Class dining room, with various pieces of fine China still on the tables for a dinner service that would never be.

After negotiations between various figures in Rokkenjima and Daitō preparations have been initiated for the return of Olympic to Rosa Shipyards, where she was originally constructed. Utilizing the funds of the Crown itself the Empress arranged for fees associated with basic maintenance, and the impound fees originally imposed upon the liner, to be paid in the run-up to her being towed home to Rokkenjiman waters. "I would like to thank those in Daitō who, perhaps without even realizing it, largely preserved an example of Rokkenjiman engineering which would have otherwise been lost to the pages of history. I will be working with Rosa Shipyards to see Olympic functionally restored as a time-period accurate ocean liner, though she will not be embarking on a new career as the United States did; it just wouldn't be feasible nor would it make sense. However, she will be capable of traveling under her own power once again. Following restoration Olympic will spend much of her time berthed in Ashinxao," the Empress stated to the RBC.

The Empress also remarked on the significance of the occasion between the First Empire and the Empire. "It was not too long ago those on each side of our border had guns, missiles and other munitions aimed, primed and ready to eliminate those on the other side. Today, we see our nations cooperating on the preservation of our historic and cultural past, something which many would have seen as impossible a mere few months ago. My predecessors, sadly, were known for holding onto grudges dating back decades and, in some cases, even longer. As we've seen today we need not allow civility, cooperation and co-existence to be deemed impossible because at the end of the day previous actions are done; history, not the future, is set in stone, so I hope this is the first of many cases where we see the Rokkenjiman and Daitōjin cooperate because, when we do, who else would have had "20th century ocean liner being rediscovered and restored" on their 2023 bingo card?"

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 06, 2023, 06:32:34 PM »

Shōkan Prefecture Formally Incorporated

Suisenjima and Akarishima have joined together to form Shōkan Prefecture, becoming the ninth Prefecture of the First Empire of Rokkenjima.

A 9th Prefecture has joined the First Empire following an acceptance by the Empress of a petition from the residents of Suisenjima and Akarishima to be recognized as such. In a ceremony held in Tagaru, Suisenjima, which has been selected as the capital of the new Prefecture, the Empress personally hoisted the Prefectural Flag while proclaiming "Today, as I hoist this flag of Shōkan Prefecture, we witness the continued march of the principle of self-determination. Whereas prior we had the Suisenjiman and Akarishiman, today your voices have joined together as Shōkan. It is my humble privilege to personally welcome this newest of Prefectures into Rokkenjima, to stand with you today not just as your Empress, but as your friend and a fellow Rokkenjiman. While the path of history we've followed to this moment has been difficult and wrought with strife and the greatest of challenges, from this day forward there can be no question as to your identity; from now until the ends of time Shōkan shall duly be known as sovereign Rokkenjiman soil."

IRN Alexander Vaughan and IRN Megitsune stood in the background of the ceremony at the port city as they took on supplies for routine operations in the Rokkenjima Sea, lending a backdrop of Rokkenjiman naval firepower to the ceremony. While the RBC was provided with remarks the Empress was to make she seemed to go off-script at times, referencing "unfortunate decisions which led to most tragic events" in relation to the islands. Continuing off-script the Empress said "so much of history is marred by the designs and desires of those who always want more, those for which what they have is never enough. It is only through the grace of the divine and the wisdom which lays in the hearts of us all that the worst of scenarios was not allowed to transpire. May the vessels behind me never be forced to fire their guns in anger upon our kin, and may we never again see a day where our region stands on the precipice of conflict, that great cliff from which once the plunge is made the climb back becomes increasingly difficult."

Following the conclusion of the ceremony the Empress laid a plaque upon the site of the greatest loss of life in the brief exchange of fire between Rokkenjima and Daitō, while also releasing a dove in the direction of the Empire. "We mourn both our dead and their dead, for truly, both are shared losses between us, lives that were ended for no reason worthy of justification. May we make each day which follows, those of us who lived, a new opportunity to build bridges and connections which will ensure that never again shall any Rokkenjiman or Daitōjin pull their trigger upon one another, that each day we'll instead choose to live in peace, foster brotherhood, and work together to keep bloodshed beyond our borders."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 10, 2023, 10:30:18 PM »

Empress Announces Signing Of Pyrettania-Shinkyō Accord

Speaking from the Imperial Palace the Empress announced that Rokkenjima and Daitō had "secured our hard-earned peace, laying the first stones of the walkway of friendship."

While the Empress' schedule was officially cleared of any duties the RBC was informed that the Empress met with Emperor Eijirō in a meeting facilitated by Empress Serenity. Whilst the Empress did not enter the meeting with specified expectations the results of the meeting have been shocking in political circles in Pyrettania with the Empress announcing the signing of a "Treaty of Friendship, Cooperation and Security" between the First Empire and the Empire; the Pyrettania-Shinkyō Accord. While such announcements are made via Rokkenjiman diplomatic channels the Empress took the unusual step of personally announcing the signing of the Accord. Her remarks follow in full below.

"Thank you all, I've been welcoming guests to the Imperial Palace and it's been a busy day, I haven't been able to speak with the press as much as they're used to. I recently had the pleasure of spending some time with Empress Serenity and an unexpected guest, Emperor Eijirō, and I'm pleased to say our time together proved to be most productive. Both of us exchanged our desires for peace, for calm seas before both our nations, and for a future which sees the First Empire and the Empire not only exist as friends, but to see each other as kin. I must say that the Emperor impressed me beyond any expectations I held prior to sitting in the same room with him; he is certainly a man of his People, but beyond that he's genuine and shares with me a common desire to ensure Eastern Ardia remains in a state of peace and harmony, existing without unnecessary bloodshed. It is truly one of the greatest crimes of our era that Rokkenjiman and Daitōjin ever trained their guns against one another. Through honest and frank negotiations we have secured our hard-earned peace, laying the first stones on our walkway of friendship, and I hope have ensured that we'll never see our People killing one another ever again."

"That is the threat of our time," the Empress continued, "options of hostility become increasingly easier as the stakes rise, we've got to kill them before they kill us, and every other idiotic justification to fuel conflict. In our agreement we've pledged to disavow the threat of force in the resolving of international disputes, to strengthen our free institutions, to stationing Officers in our respective military commands to ensure never again a misunderstanding arises from our intentions and, something I am exited about, deepening the cultural and educational ties between our Nations and Peoples. Rokkenjiman and Daitōjin shall study together, learn together and also, through that, get to know each other and learn from one another and, through that, we're ensuring that decisions to open fire will be that much more difficult because those in a position to give such orders will have friends on either side, loved ones on either side, perhaps spouses and children as we move into the future. Through this Treaty, through this Accord, we are in a way inoculating ourselves from ever allowing the events hawks on both sides took advantage of."

"I say to you all today I am the Empress of Rokkenjima, but I am also a friend to the People of Daitō and I count amongst my friends Emperor Eijirō. Never will I allow a Rokkenjiman to fire upon any Daitōjin unprovoked, and with the signing of this Accord I have no reason to believe any Rokkenjiman would have sound cause for harming those who are our cousins; we may have different beliefs, different nations and nationalities but, at the end of the day, both Rokkenjima and Daitō are children of the sun. Our course was never to be enemies but to discover, through our differences, the many compatibilities we both share, and grow in strength due to them. With the signing of the Pyrettania-Shinkyō Accord we have secured our future from the spectre of conflict and strife and, with Islyna as my witness, that which I pledged to I shall never renege upon. I shall see our Peoples as common kin, and I will fight each day to see that the friendship I promised will be unquestionable. We have, the Emperor and I, snatched from the jaws of hate and prejudice, understanding and friendship, and that hard-earned result will not be so easily defeated. We've a long road before us but I trust that the pages we have to write ahead of us hold so much more promise than the pages already consigned to history."

"Today is a good day," she continued, "for today is the day we declared that understanding would win over ego. The tomorrow we walk into is one more secure for us both, and that's something I am proud of. It was just a few months ago that there were those predicting our mutual demise, our mutual self-destruction, yet what happened when we sat down and talked? We found common cause, common ground, and we learned that, perhaps, we're not so different after all. All of us should be happy in not this ending, but this beginning. Thank you."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 19, 2023, 07:35:10 PM »

Abstergo Advisor Speaks On Zircon

Zircon can "fly fast or hit a moving vessel, it cannot do both," Hiraoka Toshiko.

The Zircon hyper-sonic missile fielded by Kaitaine can do two things: fly at Mach 9 which, naturally, makes it incredibly difficult to shoot down, or hit a moving ship. However, what it cannot do is both. Thinking in defense centres around Mundus have been facing the Zircon problem for some years now and, while it is a powerful weapon, it comes with some major limitations. "The operational deployment of Zircon is a significant development but not one whose significance should not be exaggerated," according to Hiraoka Toshiko, a naval warfare expert at the Applied Geopolitical Institute and current advisor to the Defense Solutions Division of Abstergo Industries.

"Rhetoric cannot change the laws of physics," she continued. "Objects traveling at hypersonic speeds, Mach 5 and beyond, ionize the air around them which creates a sheath of plasma around the object. This sheath blocks radar signals, which is how many guided missiles hone in on their targets. Once a missile arrives at a designated point the active radar seeker in the nose switches on, scans the area and locks onto the target. Similar problems affect other high-speed missiles, and because the missiles' plasma layer precludes the use of active radar, as well as other onboard sensors to track a target in the terminal phase, it's likely that it has to slow down well short of hypersonic speeds to track a mobile target, such as a naval vessel," she wrote.

Against fixed targets, such as buildings on land, it isn't necessary to slow down. When hunting ships, however, the Zircon would likely have to slow to supersonic speeds to make use of its radar. If that is the case, as it nears its target, Zircon would not be moving any faster than previous anti-ship missiles which have speeds of about Mach 2.5. Such supersonic missiles can be intercepted by shipboard defenses, such as those fielded by the ICON suite, and comparable systems fielded by foreign navies."

In addition when Zircon is launched a rocket boosts it to a high altitude and supersonic speed, necessary for Zircon's scramjet engine to kick in and reach a hypersonic velocity. The disadvantage is that, unlike supersonic anti-ship missiles which can skim just above the water to avoid radar detection, Zircon has to stay at an altitude of about 12 miles before getting relatively close to its target. Flying higher for longer is a property which makes it more visible to radar. "Essentially, the missile can either be hypersonic or it may be low observable, but it cannot be both in tandem," Hiraoka continued.

"This is not to say that Zircon should not be underestimated. A destroyer may not detect a missile until it gets to within, say, 15 miles. From this point, assuming the missile is a Zircon flying at speeds of Mach 5-6, the vessel would have 15 seconds to react." Still, Hiraoka remains skeptical that Zircon is truly operational. "It was developed remarkably quickly compared to even USR built missiles and, furthermore, there appear to be no reported failures of tests which is irregular, especially for one as complex as a hypersonic cruise missile." Zircon has a reported range of about 621 miles, yet this is contingent upon the missile being accurately guided toward the target zone; its on-board radar can only scan a limited area and even an aircraft carrier is a small object to spot in a big ocean. The support which Kaitaine may provide for Zircon relies on what is likely a limited maritime surveillance and detection capacity beyond its coastal waters.

"While much may not be known about the navigation system employed on Zircon the risk of plasma blackout would seem to necessitate very precise internal guidance, as say from a system like ICON or its civilian
counterparts. The reliability of systems as would be employed by Kaitaine cannot be reliably assumed," Hiraoka told the RBC.

Nonetheless Zircon seemingly gives Kaitaine a hypersonic attack capability, one which has been the centre of research within defense circles across Mundus, with a variety of answers to the potential threat being pursued both here in Rokkenjima and abroad.

Beatrice Anselmo