Author Topic: Conradh na Náisiún  (Read 21872 times)

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
Conradh na Náisiún
« on: August 31, 2017, 03:49:26 PM »

Spoiler: Text of Charter • show

The nations of the Conradh na Náisiún are committed to working together to ensure the following aims.

1. Promoting international trade and economic growth.

2. Promoting Cultural understanding.

3. Promoting the virtues of education.

4. Promoting humanitarian responses to crisis no matter where they take place.

5. Creating a safer world for all members citizens.

In order to reach these aims the organisations members agree to abide by the following articles.

1. ORGANISATION

1.1 - The Organisation shall be known internationally as the Conradh na Náisiún (CNN)

1.2 - The Headquarters of the CNN shall be based in Claith in i Cenneseliag

1.3 - The Headquarters will be staffed by teams drawn from all member nations.

1.4 - The CNN shall admit members by application. Once an application has been submitted members shall take whatever steps they feel appropriate to enable them to make an informed decision during a vote. A majority of voting members shall determine the outcome of the application

1.5 - There is no limit to the number of times a nation may apply to the CNN.

1.6 - The CNN shall compose a Council and whatever other bodies the membership see fit to create beyond those laid out in this charter.

1.7 - This charter may be amended should any member present a proposal which is supported by at least 75% of the voting membership.

1.8 There shall be an annual conference at CNN HQ. Each nation must send a representative of their Head of State/Government if they can not attend in person.

2. THE COUNCIL

2.1 - The CNN Council shall be comprised of one representative of each nation appointed by their nations Head of State.

2.2 - The council shall be avaliable to meet given an hours notice.

2.3 - Each session of the Council shall be presided over by a Chairperson. This chair shall be held in rotation starting with founder members in alphabetical order and then members in order of joining. The Chair shall change every 3 months.

2.4 - The duty of the Council is to discuss matters brought forward by the organisations members and make recommendations as they see fit.

2.5 - The Chairperson may request the attendance at Council of anyone they believe will be useful to discussion at hand.

2.6 - Member nations are expected to abide by the findings of the Council.

3. MUTUAL SECURITY

3.1 - Member nations agree that an unprovoked attack on one is an attack on all.

3.2 - Member nations agree to maintain a suitable armed forces for their own defence.

3.3 - Member nations shall take part in an annual training exercise to promote co-operation.

3.4 - Member nations agree to abide by the Uppsala Convention in all military action.

3.5 - Member nations agree to share intelligence relevant to any other member, however a nation may not share anything they are presented with to a non-member nation without the approval of the originating nation. A nation may keep intelligence classified if they believe revealing it would endanger their own intelligence operations.

3.6 - Should the Council sanction military action they shall appoint a military commander for operations. Member nations agree to give this commander all reasonable support.

3.7 - The CNN shall establish an officer training centre in East Moreland. This shall offer a variety of course aimed at ensuring senior officers of CNN nations are familiar with the capabilities and operating procedures of all fellow nations.

4. TRADE

4.1 All nations agree to remove tariffs between each other on goods originating in CNN nations.

4.2 All nations permit investment from other member nations in so far as the investing party agrees to abide by all local legislation.

4.3 All nations agree to not tax companies transfering funds so long as they have paid local taxes and customs.

4.4 No CNN citizen will require a visa to travel so long as they meet the following criteria

a) They do not intend to stay more than 120 days.
b) They have a return ticket.
c) They can show proof of means to cover their stay.
d) They have no criminal record
e) They are not considered a security risk by the country they are visiting.
f) Their journey is booked at least 72 hours before departure.

4.5 CNN citizens shall be given priority for work permits/visas

4.6 Nations agree to consult the Council before imposing sanctions on any nation.

5. EDUCATION

5.1 Member nations agree to accept applications for University students so long as they meet the following criteria.

a) They meet the required academic standard
b) They can fund their own studies
c) They have no criminal record
d) They are not deemed a threat to national security.

5.2 Member nations agree that a CNN citizen completing a degree in their nation may stay visa free for a further year once they complete their studies.

5.3 Member nations agree to an annual secondary school exchange.

5.4 Member nations agree an annual conference for educators to discuss further projects.

5.5 Member nations agree that all students should have at least two years education in another CNN language.

6. CULTURE

6.1 Member nations agree to an annual multi-sports tournament.

6.2 Member nations agree to an annual CNN Festival. No nation may host it back to back.

6.3 Member nations agree to host an annual cultural event in each CNN nation.

7. SCIENCE

7.1 Members agree to become part of the CNN Science Council.

7.2 The Science Council shall be made of a scientist from each nation and shall meet four times a year to discuss ways of promoting Scientific studies.

7.3 The Science Council shall collect and distribute funding for projects involving at least two CNN members. These projects may not have any direct military purpose.

7.4 The Science Council shall make recommendations on situations they feel relevant.

7.5 The Science Council shall be informed of all CNN nation space missions.

7.6 CNN members are encouraged to include at least one other CNN nation in any space project.

7.7 - The CNN's Super-eye satellite system shall be the joint property of all CNN nations. No nation may task the satellite without the permission of all voting nations.

7.8 -  All projects undertaken by the Science Council which produce new patents shall see those patents become the property of all member nations at the time of their filing become equal owners. Work undertaken by corporations on behalf of the Science Council shall be exempt from this.

8. CRIME PREVENTION

8.1 Member nations agree to deport suspected criminals so long as the following criteria are meet.

a) Any trial shall take part in accordance with the MCUR.
b) The nation applying for extradition produces evidence to support suspicion.

8.2 Member nations agree to share intelligence regarding suspected criminal activity so long as the act of sharing would not endanger ongoing investigations.

8.3 Member nations shall take all possible steps to tackle smuggling including joint naval and aviation patrols when possible.

8.4 Member nations agree to allow maritime forces engaged in crime prevention to continue pursuits into their EEZ so long as they are informed via Coastguard channels.

9. HUMANITARIAN AID

9.1 Member nations shall become part of the CNN Emergency Action Group (CNNEAG)

9.2 CNNEAG shall exist as a co-ordinating and fund raising body to respond to emergency situations of any kind anywhere on Mundus.

9.3 Member nations agree to give 10% of their foreign aid budget to CNNEAG.

9.4 Member nations agree to support the work of the Joint Emergency Team.

9.5 The CNNEAG shall appoint a liaison to work with JET.

10. RELATIONS TO OTHER TREATIES

10.1 - No member nation may knowingly join an organisation that runs counter to the CNN aims.

10.2 - Joining the CNN does not prevent joining of other organisations

10.3 - No member nation may knowing take part in action that runs contrary to this treaty.

Signed
King Finley of Ui Cenneselaig
King David III of East Moreland
Queen Viktoriya Tar of Lodja, Guardian of Sessifet
King Piripi of The Iwi

Current Membership

Ui Cenneselaig - Oct, Nov, Dec - Chairperson
East Moreland - Jan, Feb, March - Chairperson
Lodja -April, May, June - Chairperson
The Commonwealth of the United Iwi - July, August, September - Chairperson

CNN HQ - Former Cabra Estate on the edge of Claith, UC

HQ=RL Ashford Castle Hotel
« Last Edit: July 29, 2023, 08:07:33 PM by DaveIronside »

Offline BenOfTheIwi

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Commonwealth of the Unified Iwi
Re: Conradh na Náisiún
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 05:00:32 PM »
OOC - SHould be one or the other, not therefore giving one user too much sway.

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lodja/Kaitaine
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 05:11:01 PM »
Agreed, we all ruled out having our secondaries.

Offline BenOfTheIwi

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2017, 09:19:12 PM »

TO:- Our fellow CNN nations

As you no doubt are aware we have recently established an embassy in the Utmen Republic. It is our hope that other members of this organisation will also do the same in the coming weeks. We have seen first hand what happens when an ethnic group are kept subjugated against their will and feel that this situation in Lakhozia and the Utmen Republic could fulfil that criteria. Establishing an embassy gives us the best chances of forming an accurate view of the situation and seeking a peaceful resolution. However we realise that the situation we have sent our voulenteers to run the embassy into. As such we would request that East Moreland permit us to send ICS Arawa and destroyers Rangimutu and Ririno to the Illumic and base them at Illumic Command.

We would further ask our CNN allies to permit us to refuel if neccessary.

We thank you for any co-operation

King Piripi of The Iwi

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2017, 09:28:47 PM »

The Kingdom of East Moreland allows the Commonwealth of The Iwi to station those ships at Illumic Command for the next thirty days at which time a review of the situation will be undertaken. Should members of the diplomatic service of The Iwi come under threat we would be more than willing to add our assets to your own to ensure their safety.

We however urge The Iwi caution in their support of the Utmen but welcome their fact finding an look forward to hearing what is discovered.

May The Gods Watch Over You and The Iwi know Peace

King David III of East Moreland.

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Nya Åland/Ui Cenneslaig
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2017, 08:50:50 PM »

Following an announcement from the Lakhzov State News Company that they are deploying missiles to Saheristan capable of "striking land targets in the Iwi peninsular" the Ui Cenneslaig navy would be willing to deploy a fleet to sit in the Sea of Kyne in order to support our Maori allies. If accepted we shall send the following contingent.

3x Impire Class Destroyers equipped with BMD capabilities.
3x [urlhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Zeven_Provinciën-class_frigate]Cuige Class Frigates[/url]
2x Taifach Class Missile Subs
2x Sciabth Class Submarines
The aircraft carrier Corpre

We have also been in touch with our East Moreland comrades who have agreed to provide a Jekars ShieldMissiles Defence System which we shall collect en-route if this offer is agreed.

Best Regards

King Finley

Offline BenOfTheIwi

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2017, 08:46:07 AM »

To our CNN partners

We are extremely thankful for the support both East Moreland and Ui Cenneslaig have offered us at this time and gladly accept the offer made. We look forward to welcoming our Celtic brothers and sisters to The Iwi and are thankful for the loan of hardware by the Morelanders.

With thanks

KIng Piripi

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Republic of Québec
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2018, 11:01:23 PM »

The Ecclesiastical State

To the Member States of the Conradh na Náisiún,

I Pope Peter II of the Celestian Catholic Church and King-Bishop of the Ecclesiastical State hereby officially seek to be a part of your most honorable and reputable organisation. For years the Ecclesiastical State has had its good course when it comes to diplomatic relations with other countries and been an integral part of the Mundic world history, whether it's war or peace time, the Ecclesiastical State and the Celestian Catholic Church has been there, seen and done that. But now as part of my pontificial goals during my reign have decided to take the chance and embark on a leap of renewed mutual trust, understanding and commitment to a much larger scale than ever before...I'm referring specifically to this organisation, which I believe is something more than that...a collectivity of undoubtedly the most multicultural and greatest among nations in Mundus, whose peoples, faiths, languages, cultures have united together for a common passion and desire to make this world a better place to live and thrive in whether in the past, present or future.

I request that the honorable representatives of these grand nations belonging to this grand collectivity invite my presence to the main Head Quarters where we can discuss the terms and eligibility for the Ecclesiastical membership; I'm aware of my recent controversial actions which might have jeopardized the application process as it directly affects some of the respected member states in particular, which thus gives more reasons as to why it's paramount for the Pope to be there and explain and clarify himself in a more formal and exact manner going as far as to cancel a certain treaty. As I'm looking forward from hearing you more, rest assured that if ES is ever accepted from your part...it'll be the greatest decision ever. I can promise you that ES will dedicate itself and take the described goals and tasks required by this magnificent collectivity...to the end of times and further beyond!

Take Care and God Bless...Yours Truly,

Pope Peter II of the Celestian Catholic Church and King-Bishop of ES
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 07:07:58 AM by The Young Pope »

Offline BenOfTheIwi

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2018, 09:37:47 PM »

It is my sad duty to oppose the admission of the Ecclesiastical State into the CNN. I have two reasons for this, the first being that as it stands they can not comply with the charter in full namely, Article 8.1 which clearly states "8.1 Member nations agree to deport suspected criminals so long as the following criteria are meet. " Having recently signed a treaty with Royal Seleucid granting members of that nation immunity from being extradited to our nation they would be unable to fulfil this criteria.

My second reason is Article 10.3 which states "No member nation may knowing take part in action that runs contrary to this treaty." The signing of the above mentioned treaty means that they again would be unable to comply with this aspect.

It is however noted that the Ecclesiastical State have attempted in recent months to engage diplomatically with a wide variety of nations. I therefore support a limited entry into the organisation. This would see us willing to support the inclusion of the Ecclesiastical State to certain parts of the CNN, namely Articles 4,5,6 and 7.

Regards

King Piripi of The Iwi

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2018, 07:57:43 AM »

The Ecclesiastical State

To King Piripi of The Iwi,

Thank you for this speedy reply which is otherwise absent in other international organisations due to absurd bureaucracy, as well as showing willingness to accept ES at least partially despite the henious atrocities committed in the name of diplomacy. I understand the well-argumented reasoning as to why ES can't fully be accepted in the CNN, which is why I once more stress upon the necessary solutions to such hindrances, such as going as far as to completely terminate the treaty with the Royal Seleucids once and for all, which hopefully would erase this issue regarding the Ecclesiastical admittance.

Regards,

Pope Peter II of the Celestian Catholic Church and King-Bishop of ES

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2018, 11:35:54 PM »
"Very well then..." the Young Pope told himself, what needs to be done needs to be done simple as that, no matter how painful and embarassing is. He dialed on the workphone, "This will hurt for quite a while...Ah yes, could I please speak with the Press secretary, there's something I'd wish to announce, if it could be squeezed in-between the schedule?...Wonderful..."

"Confirming Your Prejudices!"

"Spinning The Latest News"

Pope breaks treaty between ES and RS after "following the conscience"

The Pope seen somewhat down in the aftermath of the announcement

His holiness Pope Peter II is once more in his latest diplomatic stir-up after announcing in a press-conference that he formally and officially ends the treaty signed between ES and RS merely a few weeks after it had been signed with King Akaios of Royal Seleucids. The controversial reasoning behind it, which has left many in confusion and shock, is said to have come from his 'conscience', stating that his signage on the treaty 'was a big mistake all along, realising that betraying my adoptive family who has showed nothing but kindness and love would be too great a burden and sin to carry around.'

The Pope continued giving an example which he thought upon in the aftermath of the signage; "I couldn't stand with myself any longer after I heard the vicious words taunted against the Maori from the majesty of the Royal Seleucids, calling them barbaric and uncivilized...it might not make me immediately a good person but more like a less bad person and I also consider this as a part of sweeping reforms that I'm enacting across the earthly kingdom of heaven, in concurrence with the recognition of the BG minority for example".

As expected it garnered both sympathies and rigourous criticism on both sides, being called 'a warm figure' one one hand and a 'loser' on the other hand. Speculations have risen recently, most of it stating that it had to do with a combination of politics when seeking to become a member of the reputable CNN organisation although has as of yet been unconfirmed.

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2018, 10:00:44 PM »

To:- Pope Peter

After a discussion between the four nations of the CNN regarding membership for your nation the following as agreed. 

1. There is some concern over the way the Ecclesiastical State have handled their relationships regarding the Unified Iwi and Royal Seleucid.

2. This concern was lessened by the recent Ecclesiastical State withdrawal from the treaty with Royal Seleucid, this however presented issues as to the decision making process that had been part of this.

3. It was determined that following attempts by the Ecclesiastical State to offer aid during the Uppsala Chemical Leak that the nation is willing to take responsibility for international co-operation.

4. Attempts made by the Ecclesiastical State to forge diplomatic links globally was seen as a positive.

Following these discussions the following was agreed by members of the CNN.

1. That the Ecclesiastical State be admitted into the CNN on a probationary basis.

2. This Probationary period shall last until 1st May 2018 at which time a full vote on the continued membership of the Ecclesiastical State shall be taken and a majority vote enough to pass.

3. In the period of Probation the Ecclesiastical State shall have all the rights, responsibilities and privileges given to a full CNN member.

Signed on behalf of the CNN.

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2018, 08:57:36 AM »

The Ecclesiastical State

To our friends in the CNN,

On behalf of the Ecclesiastical People and his holiness Pope Peter II aka "The Young Weasel Pope", it is with great honor and pleasure that the Ecclesiastical State accepts the current form of affiliation on a probational basis and thus would like to thank thee for giving us a second chance as well as show to the rest of the world the true colors of what the church state can accomplish. For a long time, ES has willingly contributed to the welfare of the entire world but now in the 21st century wishes to share the joy and happiness it gives with other, likeminded nations and what better organisation couldn't it have been other than the Conradh na Náisiún, where as a wise Morelander once said, 'Actions matter more than Words', which is precisely what the Ecclesiastical State has always emphasized on, tired of the constant bureaucratic mess that had and has been prevalent in similar organisations.

As the newly appointed Ecclesiastical Ambassador to the CNN, I Lorelai Rosemunde would like to openly declare that the Ecclesiastical State is 'ready n waitin' for any aid that is required of a CNN member, from disaster relief to fullborn militarized operation, you can certainly count on us and you may direct your requests through me before I'll redirect them to the Pontiff for the final approval. I hope to get to know all of you once I do arrive in the beautiful headquarters of yours and perhaps gain a few friends...and drinking mates, considering we're in UC where pubs are abundant in all of its varieties and creeds, am I right?

In any case, God Bless and Take Care the mighty CNN

Sincerely,

Lorelai Rosemunde, Ecclesiastical Ambassador to the CNN

Offline BenOfTheIwi

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2018, 01:57:47 PM »
CLASSIFIED

To:- Members of the CNN.

It has come to light in the last few days that our nation has potentially come under attack. A strain of bubonic plague has been discovered in Hunter's Bay, while we are aware a similar strain has been found in Alba Karinya, perhaps originating from an attack on a Maori tourist. After careful analysis this strain is identical to that used by the Armed Forces of Royal Seleucid during their occupation of The Iwi. This strain was used in prison camps as an experiment on biological warfare, an attempt to harness the use of biological agents as a weapon of mass destruction. It is our belief that this attack could possibly be some kind of revenge attack against our nation.

As such we call on members of the CNN to do the following.

*Immediately ban the imports of goods from Royal Seleucid in terms of perishable goods, this should stop potential further infections.
*A freeze on the goods and assets of the government of Royal Seleucid. If this attack was government sponsored this would mean further payments to nefarious agents could be stopped.
*Place sanctions on Royal Seleucid.
*Impose a travel ban on Royal Seleucid to ensure no further contamination nor terrorist attacks.

Signed

King Piripi

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2018, 11:30:32 AM »
CLASSIFIED

The Kingdom of East Moreland has also experienced cases of this disease and would be interested in comparing our samples to that of your own. Should the two strains be identical then we would have no option other than to support your suggestions. We have long been concerned about the nature of Seleucid's human rights record following their genocide against Cultists, at a time when their King claimed "rouge military offices" had acted outside the chain of command.

Signed

Minister of Defence

Sir Harry Samuelson

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2018, 01:11:59 PM »
CLASSIFIED

Even though the Ecclesiastical State hasn't yet experienced the cases of the buponic plague in recent times, we're nonetheless expressing utmost concern and worry regarding this disease that is now one of the most top-prioritized matters that concerns us all. The fact that the Seleucid's human rights record says a lot about their suspected agenda, we have no other choice than to heed to your recommendations; The Ecclesiastical State is fully available for any request of necessary aid for solving this issue.

Signed

Cardinal Jarosław Cieslewicz, Secretary for Ecclesiastical Security
Graziano Merullo, Under-Secretary of National Defence

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2018, 07:58:05 PM »
CLASSIFIED

As a nation with troops in Seleucid these concerns worry us.  In terms of what is suggested this is our stance

*Immediately ban the imports of goods from Royal Seleucid in terms of perishable goods, this should stop potential further infections. We can not comply with this as our base in Seleucid is sovereign UC territory therefore by banning imports we place our troops there in a position of being unable to supply themselves fully.

*A freeze on the goods and assets of the government of Royal Seleucid. If this attack was government sponsored this would mean further payments to nefarious agents could be stopped. We can support this if shown proof of the virus being of Seleucid origin

*Place sanctions on Royal Seleucid. With our base in Seleucid this is not possible

*Impose a travel ban on Royal Seleucid to ensure no further contamination nor terrorist attacks. Agreed

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2018, 07:31:06 PM »

Re-Engagement With CNN

Greetings,

Since our last correspondence the People of Somerset have put into place a Government which holds the full mandate to represent their voice, allowing for increased faith and stability in the long-term direction of Somerset. With the return of Empress Beatrice to Chrysanthemum Throne Lord Protector Rhodes is also freed of her responsibilities and obligations to the Rokkenjiman throne, as well as any concerns that the First Empire would play any role in the CNN through Somerset's membership.

With these developments in mind I wish to re-engage the CNN and discuss our path forward. Whether this be through the proposed separate treaty or a new avenue reflecting these developments, Somerset is eager to resume the process. Should you have any concerns or questions I will be more than happy to address them.

Gregory McKenna
Governor of Somerset

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline BenOfTheIwi

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2018, 06:00:59 PM »

To:- Governor McGregor

As things currently stand the Commonwealth of the Unified Iwi will not support the inclusion of Somerset in the CNN. To date the new born nation has yet to establish a reputation as a positive force in Mundus, although at the same time it has done nothing remotely deserving of condemnation. Essentially our nation has little to base any decision to align our two nations off. As a result we will be urging other CNN members to refuse admission at this time and until this situation changes.

We would not rule out some kind of arrangement between the CNN and Somerset but would not support this involving any military aspect. We would be happy to return to this decision when or if Somerset improve their standing with individual CNN nations.

Signed

King Piripi not of the Ngāpuhi but of The Iwi

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2018, 09:38:47 AM »

Dear Governor McGregor

At this time our Kingdom of UI Cenneslaig must oppose you joining the CNN. While a newly reborn nation it is our belief Somerset is yet to establish itself as a true partner in global matters. For a nation to be a CNN member it's strongest bonds should for example be with its fellow members. This is not the case in Somerset. The failed Celtic Alliance being just one example. I would therefore urge, at this point, the CNN to not admit Somerset, however as a Celt I do wish to see our organisation offer the hand of friendship in a limited but hopefully growing way.

King Finley

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2018, 10:12:49 PM »

The Ecclesiastical State

To his Excellency, Governor Gregor McKenna of Somserset,

As this message is laid forth on behalf of Pope Peter II regarding Somersets eligibility to the CNN, I would like to beforehand mention that the Ecclesiastical State is currently on a probational period and thus its opinions regarding this matter may not weigh much; Coming back to the issue, the Ecclesiastical State currently does not support Somserset's inclusion to the CNN due to above mentioned factors, meaning in this case the lack of a strong bond to the organisation's current member nations. His holiness does however support some sort of arrangement without military matters to take place between the CNN and Somserset, as a prelude to the eventual full membership once the critera has been achieved.

The Holy Father would also like to be of aid in forging Somserset's bond with the CNN member nations, starting with the Ecclesiastical State; Namely, a forum of discussion to take place with his Excellency as well as/or her Highness Lord Protector Evanthe and as his holiness quoted directly, "Explore the Church taking over some former SCC churches with Eva's blessings, putting them back into service, maybe even going in jointly on some charitable causes."

Empress Helena Amaranthine of the Ecclesiastical State
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 10:23:48 PM by The Young Pope »

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2018, 01:18:21 PM »

Dear Governor McGregor

With Somerset to date having no real formal relationship with any nation beyond Rokkenjima, whether that be CNN or not CNN, I would find it imposible for Lodja to accept Somerset as a CNN ally. As part of our charter includes a commitment to fight alongside our allies should the need arise I can not, in good concious, send Lodjain men and women to potentially die for a nation which we share no ties with. I would urge you to further establish your nations position in good standing with all CNN members before reapplying.

Signed

Queen Klara II of Lodja

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2018, 04:00:14 PM »
CLASSIFIED

To:- Members of the CNN.

Link to the Quintelian Napalm Incident

In the recent light of the unfortunate incident involving a bombed-out Quintelian village with the use of Napalm, the Ecclesiastical State therefore proposes all CNN members to act upon such violation of the Uppsala Convention as detailed by the Morelander Minister of Defence Sir Samuelson. The Ecclesiastical State and Quintelia's relations may go back far in the decades, cited as one of the strongest and most passionate alliance anywhere you can find in Mundus. However that does not necessarily mean that we turn a blind eye to each other's actions; with that said the Ecclesiastical State expresses deep sadness and anger that the Quintelian military used such a irresponsible weapon that may have endangered hundreds of innocent lives to defeat communist terrorists, despite the knowledge of well-intended matters of ridding off an armed insurgent hell-bent on nothing but pain and suffering. In order not to appear as hypocrites, preaching about international culpability of crimes, the Ecclesiastical State proposes the following procedures:

*Send a special disarmament group to Quintelia for once and for all remove the 'irresponsible' weapons
*Such group shall also conduct a thorough investigation as to what had transpired and how situation came to be
*The group shall also contain military observers that shall follow every step the Quintelian military takes in its war against the communist terrorists, to make sure that such an incident shall lever take place again

Any additional or completely solutions are up for proposals, so please feel free to add or remove. It would be worth mentioning that the Ecclesiastical State would perhaps have a 'special' role due to its close nature with Quintelia, depending on how this situation advances and resolves.[1]

Signed

Pope Peter II and Empress Helena V of the Ecclesiastical State

1. Think rl USA & Philippines relations
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 04:09:42 PM by The Young Pope »

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2018, 08:21:45 AM »
While the use of this weapon and its impact is disturbing however I believe there are several issues with the proposed approach.

1. There is no way of us entering Quintelia without that nations permission.

2. For an investigation to take place there would need to be a mandate granted to the CNN which is unlikely to be given to the extent needed to carry out said investigation.

3. The nation of Nya Aland have been granted access to undertake an investigation, meaning a CNN one is unnecessary and likely only to cloud the issue. We have ever found the Alanders to be of good standing, and as the descendents in many ways of the Union of Nordic People they have a long standing tradition of acting in a fair and equitable way when dealing with international incidents of this nature. I can think of no better nation than the birth place of the Uppsala Convention to examine whether that document has been breached.

For the moment therefore Lodja will not support CNN action on this issue.

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2018, 07:02:56 PM »

Re: Re-Engagement With CNN

Having had the time to process the many responses to our earlier message I believe the Ecclesiastical State has put forth a road map which can be worked with. It would be the pleasure of Somerset to host the Ecclesiastical State for a formal state visit, after which I would be pleased to conduct a diplomatic tour throughout the CNN providing there would be no objections to such a tour.

Through this process we may begin to build relationships, exchange knowledge and establish the perquisites for further involvement by Somerset. It will be a process, but it is one Somerset is eager to begin upon to address those concerns highlighted.

On behalf of the Lord Protector;

Gregory McKenna
Governor of Somerset

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2018, 06:43:15 PM »

NOTICE OF RAPID DEPLOYMENT EXERCISE

As stipulated by the CNN charter military exercises are to take place regularly between CNN nations. The first of these began an hour ago.

The premise of this is to test the ability of forces to deploy rapidly to any point in Mundus and carry out operations. This particular exercise shall see the East Moreland military play the role of Alpha Force while Ui Cenneslaig, Lodja and the Ecclesiastical State shall play the role of Bravo force. The Commonwealth of the Iwi shall not feature in this exercise.

Starting as soon as possible Alpha force shall deploy from East Moreland bases at Ostlake, Portworth and Illumic Command  and RV at a point exactly 250km west of the island known as Barnacle Island, from that point they shall be free to react to actions from Bravo force. The objective of Bravo force shall be to land amphibious forces at two points, one 100km west of Portworth on the Mhorish coast while the other shall be 50km North of Illumic Command on the Illumic coast. The exercise shall last 16 days and feature Army, Air and Naval forces.

We shall do all within reason to stay clear of trade routes. In the spirit of friendship and regional co-operation we invite the nations of Bretonia, Seaforth and Heyra to send ten observers to be embedded with the various forces as observers.

Signed on behalf of the CNN

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2018, 07:24:16 PM »

The following naval forces shall be taking part in the Rapid Deployment Exercise

Carrier Alohura
Amphibious Warfare Ship Anoia
Destroyers Bast & Herpetine
Frigates Errata & Herne
Mine Warfare Ship Jeht
Submarines Ceno & Glipzo

In addition around 2,500 Lodjain Ground forces will be deployed along with the following air assets

1 x Kask AEWACS
10 x Ruk Helicopters
20 x Jaaguar Ground Attack aircraft
20 x Kulg Multi-Role Fighters
10 x Terendus Tactical Bombers

Offline Rhodes

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Seaforth
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2018, 07:49:53 PM »

Grand Admiral Hannibal Kane and his staff are pleased to accept the kind invitation of the CNN to observe this rapid deployment exercise. While we are of course quite familiar with the East Moreland military, we are eager to make the professional aquaintence of the other nations of the CNN.

~McKenna

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2018, 07:09:52 PM »

DEPLOYMENT OF UC ARMED FORCES

We shall be committing the following assets from two bases. Force One shall depart the Celtic Protectorate going West, the other (Force 2) shall depart home waters approaching East Moreland from the West of Ardia

Carriers Corbmac & Corpre

Amphibious Ships Lugid & Corpi

Submarines Oengus, Glas, Enna Airgdech & Setna Airt

Frigates Mor Mumna, Macha, Fodla, LiBan

Destroyers Dub, Duff, Aed & Giric

Mine Vessel Rhion & Owain