Author Topic: News from Paracambi  (Read 15942 times)

Offline Paracambi

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Paracambi
News from Paracambi
« on: June 22, 2018, 08:04:50 PM »

[

EMPEROR SEEKS TO MAKE ALBION TAMORA FREE ZONE

In an announcement from the Imperial Palace Emperor Benson II has announced that he intends to formally request all nations of Albion to begin a boycott of goods and services originating from Tamora. The Emperor explained that his actions were long coming and he hoped that others would follow suit soon. "Throughout our nations history we have stood for freedom of all people. Our history shows that we have fought against the great slave trading power that was Seleucid and even our national anthem reflects a desire to fight for freedom. We have in that respect lost sight of our path, we have permitted over the last century or so ourselves to rest on our laurels and slap ourselves on the back for our achievements against slavery. Today however there are countless slaves held in Tamora and we must do something about that. As such I am imposing immediately a nationwide boycott of all goods and services from Tamora. We must not let anyone profit from the human misery slavery causes. I therefore will be asking all nations of Albion, and further afield to impose a similar ban. The days of warfare are long consigned to the past, we must use the tools of 21st century warfare to see to it that the people of Tamora see reason and free their slaves."

The Emperor went on the outline several other measures that would be taken and these include.

* Asylum for any Tamoran presenting themselves at any of our nations embassies globally.

*All Tamoran vessels passing through Paracambian territorial waters to be searched for slaves and other contraband.

*A 25% tariff to be introduced on any companies goods which are made using materials from Tamora regardless of where manufactured.

*A reduction of 2.5% in tariffs for any company switching from Tamoran materials to that acquired from any non-slave operating nation.

Offline Paracambi

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
Re: News from Paracambi
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 09:07:11 PM »

[

EMPEROR ESTABLISHES TUNA

Emperor Benson has today revealed that himself, Queen Klara of Lodja and President Cruchet of Muneski have signed a treaty between them aimed at promoting "security and prosperity" across the Sea of Alucard. The agreement which establishes the Treaty of Unity for Alucard Nations, otherwise known as TUNA were concluded on the island of Alemba and will see the three nations potentially joined by others in the future. The Treaty allows other nations such as the Isle of Zib or Bakkermaya to join at later dates thus expanding the nature of the treaty. The three leaders agreed that there would be co-operation in terms of anti-piracy, trade, search and rescue as well as reducing pollution.

Emperor Benson II announced the conclusion of the Treaty saying, "The islands of the Alucard are beautiful and some of the most at risk territory on our planet. What industrial nations fail to grasp is that there actions in terms of environmental impacts hit us the hardest. I'm thrilled the Queen of Lodja and President Cruchet see eye to eye with me and I look forward to a long and productive friendship with them. It is my sincere hope that in the coming days I can meet with representatives from Bakkermaya and possibly the isolationist of Zib and persuade them that this agreement is a good idea. The more united the Alucard nations are the better our fortunes."

The Treaty is the first major international one to be signed by the Emperor who this week also hinted that the nation may look at hosting an international event in the near future. "Whether we host a world cup, summer games or maybe even something cultural it is important we begin attracting the world to us. Our mainland and island homes are stunningly beautiful and tourists will love our welcoming hospitality. I see tourism as a vital part of our nations economic future and TUNA can help preserve that but we must do more."

Offline Paracambi

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 09:02:07 AM »

[

AID TO "STATELESS" ZIMALIANS

Emperor Bensen today announced that Paracambi would be sending aid to what he has described as "Stateless people living within Zimalia". After listening to the announcement from Alander Minister of Defence the Emperor said that he had "weighed up the pros and cons of this action and determined things must be done." As such he has ordered that up to 3,000 empty metal shipping containers, items that are used in what is the self proclaimed "Principality of Northern Borland" to construct housing and other facilities. The Empress Madeline, a devout member of the Rastafarian faith said, "Zimalia is a place we have many ancestoral ties, as such we must embrace that if a Zimalian is in need then humanity is in need, nationality does not mean anything when suffering is taking place."

It is also expected that the Emperor will support the action of Nya Aland by helping support Zimalia in defence against foreign attacks after the Emperor said, "Zimalia is a sovereign state, regardless of what people think of the Principality. They have a right to defend themselves" The Emperor was then quick to explain his reasons for wishing to help. "Over centuries our nation grew out of the spectre of our people having a way of life imposed upon them. Zimalians and Paracambians were kidnapped by people like Seleucid and taken in misery half way around the world to be used as slaves. Zimalia is no perfect state, it still clings to its old tribal lines rather than embracing its factors that tie it together. What we see in the "Principality" is what I see in our own nations history. A group of people tired of the injustice they face realising that nobody is going to end it for them and so are ending it themselves. This tiny scrap of dirt is unarmed, full of people carving a decent life for themselves. Rokkenjima talk of military action, there is an old phrase, you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar, what Rokkenjima is doing is offering vinegar Paracambi and Aland are offering honey. Imagine what will happen, Rokkenjima's military machine unleashes on the Principality and hundreds of innocent men, women and children die. Those images will be relayed around the world creating sympathy for the victims. This in turn creates more potential members for the Borlanders. The families of those killed will sympathise with the Borlanders and we create a new generation of terrorist when at the moment according to Martja Larsson most people there do not care about their cause. If we go in, help build, help teach, help care for the sick then the Borland propaganda of it being them against the world and only Borland caring for them is destroyed, their narrative dies.  I prefer honey to vinegar."

The Emperor has also issued a decree that his eldest child, Prince Marcus who turns 19 in a few days time will be joining the Joint Emergency Team (JET) over the summer break from University where he is studying Biomedical Sciences. "It is important a future monarch sees the world more than I did. That he see what the reality out there is. JET is a fine organisation and I think some of his skills could be of use. I will suggest that if possible he be sent to Zimalia to support any initiatives or operations there." Meanwhile Princess Sophie who is 16 will be spending the summer on a wildlife conservation programme with links to the Wild Mundus Organisation. The Emperor said, "Our island ecosystems are home to many wondrous and beautiful creatures. Sometimes nature needs a little helping hand and Sophie will be providing that. She likes animals, is considering training as a vet and if she does I would be thrilled." 

Offline Paracambi

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 08:31:23 PM »

[

ALEMBA TO GET STASIUK RESORT

The Paracambian island of Alemba is to get a new holiday resort funded by Lodjain businesswoman Ekaterina Stasiuk who has also shown an interest in acquiring a military base in Dartfordia for a project. The new resort is to sit on the south side of the island and is to feature a series on rather exclusive bungalows out into the sea. Additionally a 150 room all inclusive hotel, health club and marina. The hotel is also expected to have three top rated restaurants serving a combination of local and global cuisines. The project is expected to create several hundred jobs in the islands flourishing tourist industry and was treated with glee by the Prince of Alemba who has been supporting the investment in tourism called for by Emperor Benson II.

This is the first significant foreign investment in the tourism industry on the island which has grown steadily in the last decade. Today the island has a number of hotels ranging from 5-star all inclusive for the rich and influential, down to multi bed hostels for those wishing to travel on a budget taking advantage of the many island hopping opportunities. Until recently the Isle of Alemba has relied on its position as a vital place in the nations banking sector mainly thanks to its opportunities for foreign investors. The Prince of Alemba has used the powers given by the Emperor for each Principality to oversee its own tax laws by setting a 0% corporate tax rate, along with abolishing , estate tax, inheritance tax, gift tax and sales tax. Foreign companies have been allowed to establish HQ's on the island in return for an annual enrollment fee determined by the companies balance sheet. This ensures they can pay much less tax than if established elsewhere in the Empire or even abroad. The Prince of Alemba believes this will also help tourism, "To set up their accounts many come and visit the island, and these are people with lots of money. Often because of a lack of quality accommodation many don't stay beyond a few days. Now being able to have world class accommodation and a state of the art marina we'll be able to give them an experience they demand and our fantastic sunshine weather can't be beat."

Offline Paracambi

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 02:13:01 PM »

"I WANT A VODOU WORLD BUT NOT AT THIS PRICE" SAYS EMPEROR

Emperor Benson today broke his silence regarding the recent declaration of Papa Legba's Army (PLA) for a formation of a Vodou focused Empire. The PLA claimed to have taken over an area of land in neighbouring Bakkermaya known as High Fell and declared it a new Principality of Paracambi, they also declared loyalty to the Emperor. Until now the Emperor has selected to not respond to the calls but today has sat and given a full statement on a host of issues.

Quote from: Emperor Benson
It is my dream to one day see all people embrace the faith that is Vodou. It is a faith that connects us with our ancestors, or descendents, or land and our Universe in ways that no other can. We see the spirits as surrounding us, we see our ancestors watching over us, as one day we will watch over our descendants. Of course I want the whole of Albion to be part of this, I want the whole of Mundus to be part of this, but not this way. What starts in blood ends in blood. An Empire born out of violence and bloodshed will one day descend into those very same things some day. The Empire of Paracambi was born out of concern for our fellow man, it was born out a desire to bring freedom to the oppressed and for that I know the spirits will watch over us. That is the way I wish to see the Vodou spread across Mundus, through actions of love, not actions of bloodshed. Should the people of High Fell, or other places wish to embrace Vodou and follow its way I applaud them and I will do all that I can to support them, financially, morally and spiritually but they must act within the laws of the land they inhabit.

We have seen in the last few days religions splintering. The Catholic faith now has two Pope's, two leaders and when in nature we have seen two headed creatures they tend not to last two long. That is because a heart must follow where the head must lead. Should the head lead two spate ways their is no way a heart can follow and that brings disaster. Vodou must do the opposite, we have no single spiritual leader at present yet we respect hierarchies. Any hierarchy must have at its peak a single individual, someone willing to be the guide or spear of that movement, something willing to cut through distractions and enemies to rich a goal. As such I think the fact the Vodou faith now sits rudderless and the world becoming increasingly smaller it is time we give some direction. I therefore claim the title of the Emperor of Paracambi and the Vodou Faith. It shall be my mission to guide the faith towards a new direction for the betterment of all Mundus. As one religion pulls itself apart by claiming two different heads I shall unite the faith under one.

There has been a quick reaction to the news of the Emperors proclamation with many of the nations Vodouists taking to the streets carrying portraits of the Emperor, this has been accompanied with singing and dancing asking the spirits (Loa) to bless the Emperor. In the main shrine of Aluhampton the Emperor was declared a Loa himself by the Mambos and granted the additional title, Grand Houngan of the Vodou Faith. It was also announced that he will be performing a ritual sacrifice of 50 goats in Aluhampton marketplace on Thursday morning to ask each of the five families of Loa for their blessings in his new role.

Offline Paracambi

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2018, 10:26:21 PM »

EMPRESS KILLED IN TERROR ATTACK

Moments ago it was revealed that a large series of explosions in the Aluhampton Royal Palace was caused by an attack carried out by staff seemingly members of a Rastafarian militant group. Initial investigations indicate that the group were angry at the statement from Emperor Benson regarding his new position within the Vodou faith. Three bombs exploded, one in each wing of the Palace as well as one in the Council room where the Emperor was meeting with the heads of the various Principalities that make up the Empire. A total of 23 people were killed in the attack, including the Empress Madeline who was part of the talks that were ongoing. Additionally the Prince of Alemba, the brother in law of the Emperor,  along with the Princes of Gustava and Roseu were among the dead. Members of the Special Boat Unit, the nations elite Naval force, and made responsible for the Emperors security a week ago, exchanged gunfire with the attackers and have been believed to have killed the traitorous members of staff who have carried out the attack.

The Emperor was taken to a medical facility and is said to have suffered cuts that required stitches, has fractured his collarbone and also has a suspected concussion. He has yet to make an official statement however a royal spokesman said, "The Emperor and his family need time to grieve, his wife has been brutally murdered by the faith she supported without question. His extended family have been killed and himself injured. This group wish to disrupt the harmony of our homeland and will not be permitted to get away with it. The initial investigation has revealed that the weapons used where of Lodjain origin, possibly those stolen from the ineffective military during recent reports. However the route the weapons have taken into the country have not been confirmed. We have a small list of people who may wish to do us harm extrenally,  Royal Seleucid have a historic issue with us, Tamora claim we're attacking them because of our economic stance regarding the evils of slavery and then we have had issues with Bakkermaya military officers claiming we may need an "arse" kicking."

Offline Paracambi

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2018, 08:54:44 PM »

EMPRESS BURIED IN SMALL CEREMONY

In keeping with her Rastafarian roots Empress Madeline was laid to rest. The funeral was attended by only around 20 people and came following nine days of celebration by the nations Rastafarian community. The Empress, along with 23 others was murdered in a terrorist attack on the Imperial Palace. The Queen had left instructions for her death in which she insisted no members of her family attend and only a select group witness the final burial. Emperor Benson complied with his deceased wife's instructions and was in Seaforth when the funeral took place.

The Rastafarian faith doesn't believe in death, it believes that when a person "dies" this is only a form of chemical change as the soul changes to a different form and discards its body. One leading Rastafari holyman said, "We don't mourn death and we don't have a big ceremony like many faiths, after all we see it much more as simply tidying up the departed's earthly possessions, in the same way that the departed would no longer need a house or car they no longer need a physical body, therefore what happens to that is of little concern. What the rest of Mundus see as death should be celebrated, it shows the person has reached a higher state of existance, their mind free to explore all of existence. Empress Madeline therefore shouldn't be mourned, she should be celebrated and remembered in her earthy form. Somewhere she is watching us and enjoying her new form, her husband did the right thing going about his routine, its the best way to honour the departed spouse by showing them that you are carrying on with your life that you helped create together."

It is expected that the Emperor will on his return visit the grave however it will be a private visit. It is hoped the Emperor will leave Zimalia with some kind of deal protecting the motherlands security.

Offline Paracambi

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2018, 03:41:36 PM »

[

EMPEROR SECURES SHRINE AND TRADE DEAL

Following what Emperor Benson has described as "a very useful" visit to Seaforth the Emperor has returned home for the New Year celebrations at Aluhampton. The Emperor primarily went to discuss security of Zimalia following a few tense weeks in the summer during which Paracambian forces mobilised to Zimalia to act as a counterweight against what were at the time considered threats by Rokkenjima. No Rokkenjiman attack came but the Emperor sought reassurances from King Andrew of Seaforth about Rokkenjiman activity in his nation. It is believed the two had fruitful discussions and that the Emperor received "Solid reassurances that Seaforth will not be used for an aggressive attack against Zimalia" and in return has agreed that Paracambian Air Force jets and pilots will return home, it is hoped they will be back home before the end of December. The Emperor spoke of the military saying, "A time came when our kin in Zimalia would have seen there sovereignty violated and who knows what would have happened. Instead joining with the Alanders it is clear that we ensured sovreignty was maintained. Its a job well done by our forces to stand up once more for the people of Zimalia."

The Emperor also had talks on a wider range of subjects and secured permission to build the first Vodou Shrine in Seaforth something welcomed by the people of Paracambi. "Our Emperor promised us that we would one day see a Vodou Mundus, this is a great start, just a few months after his promise and we already see progress, a nation on the opposite side of the world welcoming our faith, soon they'll embrace it and the word will spread even further." The Emperor is keen to begin construction and has started asking the nations religious leaders to begin selecting someone to go and conduct ceremonies there.

The King also secured a trade deal which he described as "a foundation deal, it doesn't go as far as I'd dream but it provides a solid start. Our supplies of Bauxite, Rubber and Fruits & Vegetables will now be able to be sent to Seaforth and incur no tariffs. It means our raw materials have suddenly become more appealing to the Seaforthian market and that's a good thing." The Emperor and the King also agreed that they would support Zimalian health care by constructing a hospital as well as providing health care training.

Offline Paracambi

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2019, 08:37:23 PM »

[

EMPEROR PLEASED WITH WORLD CUP

Following the conclusion of the rugby world cup Emperor Benson has spoken of his delight at the tournament. The 46 year old Emperor was at the final which took place in Bakkermaya and was joined by the Heads of State from Lodja and the host nation in presenting the trophy to the eventual winners, The Unified Iwi. The Paracambian team were knocked out in the last 16 but the Emperor was pleased none the less. "Our nation is new to the Rugby World Cup, this was our first effort and to get into the top half of the field, well its a solid start. We always intended the world cup to be more of a commercial venture than a sporting endeavour so to get success in both is wonderous."

Thousands of tourists ventured to the three Alucard nations and hotels in the cities hosting games in Paracambi reported 98% occupancy rates compared to the usual 75% for this time of year. Similarly resturants, bars and cafes reported much more business being done. One of the leading bars in Aluhampton is the White Sands Beach Hut and its own Christoper Marne was thrilled, "We've made nearly double what we'd make and that means a massive amount to us, we've been able to get ready for a refurbishment and also looking at opening a sister venue further in the city rather than the beach. It means we've more flexibility in how we do this and its all because of the rugby fans coming and enjoying our hospitality." The World Cup could also have helped boost tourism, something the Emperor is keen to support. Marne believes that the future will see more tourists come to the nation. "The weather here is superb, our beaches and sea are stunning and only going to get better once the plastic clean up begins. Paracambi is a tropical paradise and our people very welcoming. The tournament saw beach parties every night and the locals and visitors having a great time. My hope is that when these people get home they start looking at coming back to explore the rest of our homeland and tell their friends to come too."

The World Cup also has inspired a sporting legacy, 14 year old Connor Russett has just signed up to his local rugby club, "I watched all the build up before the games and loved it. The singing, the colours, the fans its exciting. I want to be part of something like that and I saw the games on the big screens in town and the sport looked fun so me and my friends joined up." Clubs across the country have reported a 15% increase in membership and hope this will help create a bright future for Paracambian sport especially rugby.

Offline Paracambi

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2019, 11:45:55 PM »

[

EMPEROR ANGRY AND WILL NOT PERMIT "INVASION"

Following a decleration of sovreignty by the Water Nomads of the Alucard several nations have come out and recognised the self labelled Confederacy of Water Nomads including Rokkenjima, Lakhzovia and  Republic of Socram and Sarandib. All three of these nations have invited the leader of this group,  High Chief Voutu Rar, to meet with them. Based on the methods of transport available to the Water Nomads it is highly unlikely that this meeting could take place in any of the three nations as the 45,000 or so strong group have access to only small sail craft. The Emperor has spoke out in anger at this recognition of sovereignty. Speaking at a naval base from where increased patrols of the Paracambian EEZ would begin the Emperor stated. "The Central Alucard Island chain stretches some 3,500km or so and incompasses around 100 different islands. Should this group go on and claim every island at which they pass by or stop that is uninhabited it would create for them an Exclusive Economic Zone much bigger than any other nation on Mundus.It would also take away a substantial amount of my own nations as well as that of Bakkermaya and Lodja. How can we justify giving over people's hard earned livlihood to a group that by their own admission have no set home, live of the bounty of nature and number 45,000 spread over a tremendously large surface area. They are a group that have not faced persecution, we seek only to ensure that those moving through our territorial waters do so in complience with our national laws as laid out by the Fair Seas Concordt. To have nations use words such as dispossession and persecution when speaking of the Water Nomads shows how little they understand our current situation or our nations history. While the rest of the world did very little it was Paracambi who raided Royal Seleucid shipping to free thousands of slaves being traded across the world, our national anthem celebrates our commitment to end persecution. It is estimated that at least 40% of Paracambians can trace their family history back to someone who was a slave or helped free slaves. Our nation does not discriminate, our royal family is formed of two religions, I follow the Vodou faith while my deceased wife followed the Rastafarian faith. We are a nation of acceptance and love. To therefore have Socram and Sarandib speak of military action in OUR territory is an act of aggression and one that will not be permitted. Our nation has a fine naval heritage and any Socram or Sarandib military vessel entering our waters will be challenged and turned back. Failure to comply will be seen as an act of war. Furthermore we shall expect Rokkenjima and Lakhzovia to not enter our internationally recognised EEZ to meet with the Water Nomads. We naturally adhere to the FSC but do not see attending a meeting with a group opposed to our rights, and supported by foreign military power, as innocent passage. We believe such a meeting would be prejudicial to the peace, good order or security of the coastal State and that Socram and Sarandib's threat constitute a threat or use of force against the sovereignty, territorial integrity or political independence of the coastal State. We urge the three nations to remove their support for the invasion of our waters by an external force which until now has enjoyed the rights and protections of two nations."

The King placed the Navy on alert following the statement from the government of Socram and Sarandib and called for the Navy to oppose the Water Nomads landing on any island not already claimed by this group. He explained, "We have these Nomads claiming nine islands, some in our EEZ and some in Bakkermaya's. Our fear is that should they be permitted to make landfall on others then they shall try and claim them too and this could lead to a greater international incident should these three misinformed nations continue their stance."

Offline Paracambi

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2019, 10:04:29 PM »

[

FOUR WATER NOMADS ARRESTED FOR THEFT

The Imperial Navy today arrested four water nomads after discovering them taking lobster from pots set in a bay around one of the islands within Paracambi's EEZ. The group were spotted near the island by a Naval patrol boat who approached only for the group to try and make off. The Navy launched its fast inflatables and soon caught up with the Water Nomads. It was then discovered that the group had taken fifteen lobsters from the pots and had damaged two of them in the process. The group were taken into custody and charged with criminal damage, theft and illegal fishing.

Water Nomad advocate groups have called for the group to be released immediately rather than being imprisoned on the mainland when the ship arrives. One spokesman said, "To detain these people on the mainland is like torture to them. Yes they have taken something that was not theirs to take however to take away their liberty in such a cruel fashion is evil." The group are likely to be appearing in Aluhampton court in the next two days where they will be formally charged. The move comes amid several weeks of issues with the Water Nomads being denied the right to use various islands unless the register as citizens or request a right to visit Paracambi. So far only 8 Water Nomads have taken up citizenship as a result of the regular stop and searches while a further 4 have taken up visa status.

Local fisherman have called for greater control and patrols as they have discovered the Water Nomads have damaged several fishing nets, lobster pots and in one case cartons of sodium cyanide have been discovered. sodium cyanide is used by some Water Nomads to spray into cracks in coral forcing fish out into the open, these are then placed in plastic bags and sold to illegal traders as part of the tropical fish pet trade. It is estimated that several large coral reefs have been damaged by the process.

[

PETITION TO CHANGE ROYAL MARRIAGE LAWS BEGINS

Since 1768 the law has stated that the Emperor must follow the Vodou faith while the Empress the Rastafarian. This has resulted in the past with the children of the royal family being brought up in one of the two faiths determined by their gender. Empress Madeline was an extremely active member of the Rastafarian community and when she died had a formal Rastafarian funeral presided over by the leader of that faith for Mundus. Since her death at the hands of terrorists the Emperor has kept himself busy with matters of his own Vodou faith, for which he is the global leader, as well as trying to bolster the Paracambian tourist industry. The key members of the Vodou faith however have taken a unique step and begun a petition calling for the condition for the Empress to be Rastafarian to be changed. One Houngon, Miles Wallace, stated "We live in a world where freedom is important. We have to ensure that is for everyone and that includes the Emperor. We have three major faiths in Paracambi and yet only two are ever represented by the royals. We should allow them to follow their conscience."

The petition however was greeted with skepticism by Rastafarian leader Giles Bailey who said, "I think this is sneaky. I think the Vodou leadership is saying all this about freedom of faith and conscience in order to get a Vodou Mambo on the Imperial throne. We had a group earlier this year call for the creation of a Vodou Empire and Emperor Benson said that he wished to see it but only by peaceful means. I think this is a step towards that and I fear where it would go if we have a totally Vodou worshipping royal family." For the petition to be successful it must reach 200,000 signatures to be placed on a national referendum where each province of the Empire must agree to the change in the law. Within 48 hours of the petition beginning 72,000 people had signed the proposal.

Offline Paracambi

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2019, 09:10:15 AM »

[

CASTRIES TO TRIAL ELECTRIC CAR GENERATION PROGRAMME

The Prince of Castries has today announced that the government are to trial a new scheme that will see electric cars used to supply the nations energy grid with power. The new system would see cars charged with solar panels during the day and when the car is parked up it can be plugged into the grid and provide the island with energy. The island is seen as a prefect test ground for this technology as it enjoys a high amount of daily sunlight yet has very little electricity producing infrastructure. The island is one of the smallest and has an abundance of agricultural enterprises. It is even hoped that farm vehicles can be equipped with this technology allowing farmers to essentially get paid when the vehicles aren't working. The Prince of the island, Kensington Moses, stated. "We're hoping to turn the island into a large scale lab for green energy. We need to look for unique methods to help our small island generate electricity while also modernise. This scheme could be one of those methods. During the day it helps our citizens be mobile and productive and then we take this stored energy from during the day and plug it back into the grid. Getting paid for giving up the electric too can help people lessen the cost of running their vehicles. I personally fully intend all my household vehicles to be part of this project."

It is also thought that should the test be successful then other islands are likely to copy the scheme.

Offline Paracambi

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2019, 08:35:13 AM »

[

EMPEROR TO MAKE NATION "VODOU FIRST"

Following what he has described as a period of "Spiritual reflection" Emperor Benson has used his powers of decree to bring about significant changes to the nations laws. The most significant among them was greeted with great delight by the LGBTQ community as from the 1st August 2019 same sex marriage will be permitted. The Emperor made the announcement saying, "60% or so of our people are followers of the Vodou faith, a further 15% follow Tekusim, that means 75% of the Empire follow faiths that are open to same sex relationships. It is no longer fair that the overwhelming majority of us are forced to adhere to the more conservative elements of the Rastafarian and Catholic faiths. During our ritual dances the Ioa inhabit anyone regardless of gender, their characteristics take over us and it is not uncommon to see men and men romancing. If it is fine for the Ioa then it is an example for us. As the leading Houngan of our faith I must ensure our people can follow their hearts as guided by the Ioa without impedement." Several LGBTQ rights groups have already been out on the streets celebrating the news with around 100 couples having already registered to marry across the Empire. One such couple is Leanne Massey and her partner of six years Claire Fontane, Leanne told us, "We have invited the Emperor to officiate at our ceremony. It would be a great honour for us. We're very excited, even though we face no daily discrimination or problems like some lesbians across Mundus may but now we can truly be ourselves." The Emperor sent his regrets at not being able to officiate their ceremony but wished them and all couples, "Ever lasting happiness with all the blessings you can imagine."

The news however was not greeted well by all members of the Empire with leading Rastafari saying, "Homosexuality promotes filthy practices and we should not bring it here. Our Empire is the only one where our faith has flourished and this is because until now we have had a guiding hand on the Emperors shoulder. A married couple with a Rastafari Empress ensures a fine moral standing of everyone." Both Catholic Priests and Rastafari leaders will not be forced to carry out ceremonies however as the Emperor stated, "Everyone should have the right to stand with their convictions as long as it does not impose on others. Should gay people be allowed to marry, of course because it effects no one and is supported by the Ioa. Should Catholics be opposed to the practice, that is their moral choice and so long as they do not harass, threaten or intimidate the LGBTQ community they are welcome to it."

The second decree made it legal for homosexuals to join the military. Previously the military had practiced a policy of "Don't Tell Don't Ask" where a person sexual preference was not questioned by the military until it became open knowledge. Once it was out in the open that a soldier was homosexual they would be discharged from the military. The Emperor today stated, "Baron Samedi knew how to fight, he is a mighty Ioa, yet he is thought to have had romance with men. Why then should we stop a brave volunteer serving their nation?" Over the past 5 years it is estimated around 18 members of the armed forces have been given a discharge because of their sexual identity and now Emperor Benson has stated that should they wish to return to military life they would do so "with blessings and thanks from a nation"

The Emperor was asked about whether now the law on gender reassignment would be altered however he ruled out a major change in this regard. "You are what you are and are free to do to your body what you wish. That does not change the way you are created though. As far as the law states we will now allow medical professionals to carry out gender reassignment surgery but we will not be changing identities on national data."

The Emperor has also indicated that he will following a petition to change the Royal Marriage Law be acting upon it. "The petition recieved some 800,000 signatures. Therefore I believe I have strong indications of the will of the people. I am therefore enacting an amendment to the law that says that male members of the Imperial family must marry a Rastafari. Love is love and if I am allowing my subjects to marry who they want then I, and my descendants should be allowed to marry whoever I wish." The Emperors wife Empress Madeline was a devout Rastafari and was killed in a terrorist attack almost a year ago. Previously the nations laws stated that male members of the Imperial family must be Vodouists while the female Rastafari, this too has now changed. Emperor Benson stated, "Rastafari will always be welcome and have had an impact on our nation far above their representation. I do not mean that in a bad way, music, art, poetry, the Rastafari community have helped those flourish. When the naval campaigns of the 1800's took place against the Seleucid the Rastafari did their part. They are a fine people and I am proud to have a daughter who is committed to that faith, only I wish she had not been raised in an atmosphere where she was forced to pick a religion. From this day forward any member of the Imperial family may be free to choose their own faith. The Empire however must reflect the needs and dreams of the majority. Therefore with Vodou being the prominent faith my policies will put Vodou first."

The Emperor has also hinted that in the coming days he would be consulting with his fellow Hougans and Mambas to consider the question of Polygomy. "Many Ioa had multiple spouses. There is however some debate on whether these were sequential or simultanious. I shall meet with a council of respected Vodou Scholars and reach a determination on this matter. Only then will we consider what the law shall be. I may be the Lead Hougan of the Vodou faith but I know there are older and more enlightened members of the faith than me. I simply have been blessed with the capability and position enabling me to guide the faith."

Offline Paracambi

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2019, 07:59:05 PM »

[

NATION SEE'S FIRST SAME SEX MARRIAGES

Following Emperor Benson's announcement that the nation will now permit same sex marriage there have been thousands of ceremonies across the Empire. The first saw two long time campaigners for same sex marriage, Agatha Fulwood (62) and her partner of 30 years Sarah Lulgreive (67) marry in Aluhampton. The Emperor sent the pair his best regards as well as a specially minted coin that was presented to each couple to marry on the first day of the new arrangement. The newlywed Fulwood-Lulgrieve couple said, "We are delighted to be able to marry after decades of trying to get the law changed, now we can publically tell the world what we already have told each other millions of times. We're just sad it didn't come at a time were we could have adopted children or something."

Not all couples have been able to marry however as some Rastafari and Catholic couples have found it hard to find an official willing to carry out a ceremony. This has seen many turn towards a non-religious ceremony as many mixed faith couples have used in the past. These are usually carried out by Civil Registers however it is unlikely these ceremonies will be arranged in as short an order as the ceremonies are often booked months in advance. There has also been resistance from some Civil Registers who belong to the Rastafari or Catholic faith who do not wish to issue marriage licences to same sex couples. As such not every district will be able to have such a ceremony. This has already lead to calls on the Emperor to either force these registers to issue licences or take other actions to allow all to marry. As of yet there has been no announcement from the Palace about such measures.

In related news the Emperor has ruled out allowing polygamy having meet with leading Vodouist religious figures. The Emperor announced, "Having consulted the various leading figures of our faith it became clear that in the stories of the Ioa each was only spiritually connected to one other. While their stories talk of different physical connections this is not to the extent of marriage. It is therefore wrong to have use match our lifes to those of the Ioa and allow polygamy when they did not practice it."

Offline Paracambi

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2019, 11:05:36 PM »

[

ISLE OF CASTRIES IN LOCKDOWN

The Imperial Ministry of Defence has moments ago announced that the island of Castries is in "Lockdown" The island is the smallest of the Paracambian Islands and is home to some 135,000 people. The government have not stated the manner of the situation on the island and have effectively cut all communication with the island. A handful of social media posts have however appeared and have talked about an increased military presence on the island. A spokesman of the Ministry of Defence announced the following.

"The Island of Castries is currently in a lockdown situation. No aircraft and naval vessel is permitted within 20km of the island and until further notice travel to and from the island is suspended. This situation will be strictly enforced by the Imperial Armed Forces and we expect full co-operation." The island is a popular place with tourists and flights to the island have been cancelled immediately with those flights in progress being diverted to nearby Gustavia. Cruise ships planning on visiting the island have also been offered berths in Gustavia as an alternative. The spokesman stated. "Nations can be rest assured foreign guests on Castries are being looked after and as soon as the lockdown is lifted we will support them to make travel arrangements to resume their journeys or return home." The Ministeries spokesman did not give any indication of how long the lockdown would be in place except to say, "Until further notice."

Offline Paracambi

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2019, 07:49:17 PM »

CASTRIES "ESCAPEES BLOWN UP"

Around two hours ago a piece of footage appeared in which what appears to be a Paracambian Naval vessel fires upon and destroys a ship which is claimed to have been attempting to leave the island of Castries. It was reported yesterday that the government have plunged the island into a Lockdown and have refused to allow anyone to enter the island or to leave it. The recently posted footage seems to show a small civilian ferry type boat first having a shot fired across its bow before practically exploding as what looks like a Paracambian Frigate open fires directly at the vessel. A similar warning shot is then fired in the direction of the camera leading some to suspect that the boat from which the incident was filmed was also engaged by the navy.

Since the lockdown the media have been denied access to the island along with everyone else and communication with the island has been cut. The government spoke in regards to the footage simply saying, "A vessel breaking our lockdown was engaged. Shots were indeed fired. Those responsible are in custody and shall be tried once convenient. When the situation is right the media will be informed."

Offline Paracambi

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2019, 06:20:26 PM »

IS CASTRIES SECRET SMALLPOX?

For the last three days the island of Castries has been under lock down and boats attempting to flee the island have been seized and in one case blown up. All official lines of communication with the island have been cut however the odd message has slowly been getting out but these are hard to confirm as legitimate. One of the handful that have been confirmed as coming from the island is a photograph of a young child that seems to be infected with Smallpox. The disease was thought to be wildly wiped out by organisations such as the Mundus Health Organisation and its appearence on the island, if confirmed is likely to shock many. It may explain the reason for such a determined effort to halt people leaving the island and thus spreading the disease, additionally by halting news from the island it may stop panic across the Empire.

The image and its authenticity have lead to many conspiracy theories. Some believe that a Royal Seleucid covert attack may have happened as it is widely reported that the Seleucid carried out tests using biological weapons, including strains of smallpox, on the Maori of what is now the Unified Iwi. Additionally Paracambi and Royal Seleucid have a long history of clashes over the nations former involvement in the slave trade. Experts however think this is very highly unlikely as the two nations have not clashed in at least 50 years and recently King Heydar talked of trying to distance the past between the two nations. Others however think it may have been a compromised location of an Imperial biological weapons lab. One theory suggests that with Midaranye being embroiled in Nuclear weapon crisis there were fears nations like Royal Seleucid may develop nuclear devices and coupled with their long history of problems with Paracambi the nation could be a target. With controls being put in place to try and control nuclear weapons and their development the conspiracies suggest Paracambi turned to biological weapons which requires no material from outside the nation.

The government have refuted all these claims saying. "There is a need for secruity restrictions while the situation of Castries is resolved. We believe this will be done soon and require people to continue co-operating with the Paracambian government."

Offline Paracambi

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2019, 05:33:20 PM »

CASTRIES "NEARLY DOOMED" BY SECRET LAB

Today the lockdown of Castries has been lifted after almost a week. A spokesman for the Emperor however has stated that while communication with the island can now take place people will still not be permitted to leave or enter the island. The Emperor was unavaliable for questions as he was dealing with details of the situation first hand. It was therefore left to his spokesman to outline the situation. "We had to take drastic action not just for Paracambi but for Mundus. Just over a week ago a handful of teenages found what appears to be an underground facility from the 1960's. It was a facility in which the then Emperor had secretly had testing done of chemical and biological weapons including those that were being developed by Royal Seleucid at the time. Emperor Johnson had determined that developing nuclear weapons for Paracambi was too expensive and so had iniciated a chemical and biological research programme. This was officially ended after just two years following pressure from the various Prince and Princesses of the Empire. It then appears that this secret facility on Castries continued for at least two more decades. The facility was then left and its doors blasted shut however somehow it was discovered recently and parts of the facility which had been designed to withstand nuclear attack were still storing samples. This lack of precautions by those involved at the time nearly doomed the island of Castries and could have led to a global disaster. The facility carried samples of bubonic plague which are of the strain confirmed to have been developed by Royal Seleucid, additionally samples of Smallpox were found. Naturally we had to ensure that these diseases didn't leave the island as we could have had a global pandemic."

The spokesman went on to confirm that the four teenages who first stumbled across the facility had since died along with around 90 others they came into contact with. The spokesman explained what will happen next. "We have managed to set up three zones, one zone is at the capital and has been swept to ensure no traces of contamination. Those inside that zone have been issued papers and will begin leaving the island within the next 48 hours. Those living outside the capital will have to make their way to one of two clearing stations which will run tests for contaminated illnesses before allowing them to leave the island. The final zone is the 25km2 around the facility which will be off limits until the facility has been made safe.

The aim is to evacuate all 135,000 people from the island however it is likely some will resist the order to leave until the island is declared safe. The Emperor later released a brief statement saying. "We needed to ensure some difficult decisions were made because of the foolishness of my grand-father. We must now put these things straight, make the facility safe and ensure that soon the people of Castries can return home."

The first aircraft evacuating foreign tourists left soon after the Emperors statement.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 05:42:07 PM by Paracambi »

Offline Paracambi

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2019, 09:58:58 AM »

EMPEROR VISITS CASTRIES

Following the discovery of a antiquated secret biological weapons lab on the islands of Castries teams have been busy decommissioning the lab and today it was announced that it was now fully out of commission. The team have no destroyed all samples discovered in the lab and removed the underground lab from its site. The lead scientist of the project took willing media to the site which is now a gaping hole in the ground. "It is now our intention to wall the area off and then monitor it to ensure that no contamination exists in the ground. We estimate at least five years of monitoring before we're happy to think about how the land can be used." The Emperor visited the site and was later photographed enjoying a drink with the decomissioning team on the seafront. It is thought the discovery and subsequent lockdown of the island has hit the Castries economy hard. The island was heavily reliant on tourism but an estimated 70% of future bookings have now been cancelled. This is something that the Emperor is keen to address.

Emperor Benson stated, "Castries is a paradise on Mundus. A beautiful lush green island, endless sandy beaches and year round sunshine. I am sure the natural beauty of the island is its best selling point but I can understand why people may be reluctant to come here. They have nothing to fear. The island is now, and always was, perfectly safe. Not a single tourist was ill during the crisis and the locals took good care of the people staying here. I am confident that the people will come back but it will take time." The King later talked about trying to do some kind of major event on the island in order to attract tourists back, some have suggested that Paracambi may seek to host the next Mundus games with some events taking place on the island. Meanwhile some have suggested that there is a need first to develop the islands infastructure.

The Emperor also spoke about the current crisis with Royal Seleucid. "We will be paying them nothing. We historically have never seen eye to eye with the Seleucid but now its continuing when there is no need. We will do what we can alongside our TUNA colleagues to keep the flow of Merchant shipping through the Kyne going and have been bouyed by some support from nations like East Moreland who have been aiding with resupplies of the convoy system. I am slightly saddened that many countries are content with just sitting vast fleets across the Northern Kyne, escalating the situation, when by joining our system they would ease tension while taking active measures to ensure the continuation of shipping."

Offline Paracambi

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2019, 11:36:48 PM »

[

THOUSANDS FLOCK TO HOLY ALUHAMPTON

With it being announced that Emperor Benson, in his official capacity as Head Hougon of the Vodou faith, has named Aluhampton's former Cathedral as the new official centre of the Vodou faith. The Vodou faith has had no official central administration or leader since the early 19th Century when Christian missionaries attempted to spread the faith and the former Head Hougon and Head Mambo were killed. The Christian faith did not last long however and in the city was replaced mainly by the Rastafarian faith. The Vodou faith remained extremely strong on the various islands that make up the Empire and then made a resurggence in Aluhampton. With it being law that the Emperor must be a follower of the Vodou faith it has enshrined itself as the Empire's strongest religion and with the Emperor installing himself as Head Hougon, effectively a Vodou Pope the faith is seeming to become more and more organised. The Cathedral has been used in recent times as a music and theatre venue and will, according to the Emperor, require "several weeks of intense conversion to ensure it is a place fitting of our faith."

Hundreds of those who have gathered in the Aluhampton Central Plaza have already voulentered to donate their time and skills to make it a new home for the faith. One such individual was Curtis Preford a 26 year old carpenter. "Every major faith has its homeland and great memorials to mark them. The old churches of Vanora, the Mosques of Abydos, Temples of Djerb, the Isle of the Goddess in Lodja, but the Vodou faith has scattered small shrines and people meet in little wooden huts in the countryside. The Io are glorious beings and deserve a place fitting of that glory. Its time our faith had a resurrgence and this is the great way of beginning it." Some have begun calling the new project the "Vodou Vatican" and are already looking forward to the first festivals there. Curtis explained, "New Years is a special time for those of us who follow the Vodou faith, yet we gather in groups of 20 or 30 in our small homes and dance and summon the Io. Can you imagine what it will be like when numbers double, maybe even treble this, gather here to bring in the New Year, the spirt of the Io will come through so strong that it'll be a magical evening. I hope we can get the place ready in time."

Emperor Benson mingled with the crowd and spoke with the media to say "The Vodou faith has much to offer the world but sadly so many lies exist about it. The new centre here will act as not just a spiritual home but a centre of learning, a centre for preparing missionaries to take the spirit of Vodou across Mundus. Centuries ago we had foreigners try and bring their culture and faith to us. I think now the time is right for us to repay that favour." The Emperor was also asked whether there would be an appointment of Head Mambos. "Our faith teaches us that to be complete things must come in pairs, eventually there shall be a Head Mambos but who that is I can not say. We have recently changed the nations constitution to permit an Empress to be Vodouists rather than Rastafarian. There is no rush to find a Head Mambos, and it need not be someone who is also Empress. The decision will be made over what is best for the faith and not what is best for me or the royal family. I will know who has a strong connection to the Io and I will seek to get them to support the faith's growth."

The Emperor will be a recent visitor to the new site over the next few days as he spoke of decorating his office there. "To me the title Head Hougon is not just something from ceremony, its a role I live by and hope to use to better Paracambi and in turn the world if possible. I will be spending as much time working in this religious centre as possible and so will be making sure I have an office from which I can oversee things." Later that day the Emperor announced that he was focusing on preparing the faiths new home and so was sending his younger brother Prince Christian to attend the first annual meeting of TUNA. "My brother has a little diplomatic experience and as his military career reaches its twilight I'll expect him to take on royal duties, especially as I begin to take more of an interest in my religious duties. Lodja and Bakkermaya are good neighbours and friends and I think the chance to meet the Alanders and Cenneg will be a good introduction to the world of international relations." The Emperor is likely to have instructed his brother to look at ways of using TUNA to help improve the Empires tourist industry as well as deal with the Water Nomad situation.

Offline Paracambi

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2020, 10:21:53 PM »

[

ZANGBETO FESTIVAL TO BEGIN THIS WEEKEND

The annual Zangbeto Festival is due to begin this weekend across Paracambi. The festival marks the day on which the Ioa appoint their guardians for the year. These guardians are known as Zangbeto and patrol the streets of towns and cities ensuring that evil spirits are not able to damage any of the local inhabitants. The Zangbeto are in effect a spiritual police force and keep watch for omens of evil and if they spot one they are empowered by the Ioa to carry out rituals to ensure the evil spirits can't damage any people. Each city, town and village appoint several Zangbeto based upon their size and the manner in which they are chosen varies from place to place. For example in the capital of Aluhampton the various Mambo and Houngan each appont a Zangbeto to patrol the area around where their shrine is based meanwhile Rosenberg on Roseau a lottery takes place among those Vodou worshipping citizens who have turned 18 that year, it is seen as almost a form of national service. The role see's those appointed paraded through the streets anomoniously wearing brightly coloured outfits and it is excpected that the locals of the area bestow upon them gifts of alcohol, food or various other offerings. The Zangbeto quiet often have to march through their area with an escort to help them see through the elaborate costumes but also to help them carry the gifts. That evening huge parties rage into the small hours during which at midnight the Zangbeto are permitted to reveal their identity.

For the rest of the year the Zangbeto are expected to make regular patrols through their allocated area undertaking a variety of rituals and collecting offerings from those unable to personally attend rituals at shrines due to ill-health, old age or other such impediment. It is expected this year that Emperor Benson will be appointing Zangbeto on behalf of the Empire and that they will be charged with travelling around the nation ensuring that everything spiritual is being carried out correctly. The ceremony is also a huge boost for the economy with people spend heavily to purchase animals to sacrifice, costumes and food and drink for the celebrations that follow.

MAJOR CORAL FARM MADE IN CASTRIES

The island of Castries is most well known internationally perhaps for being the location of the old biology lab which recently saw the island put into lockdown to prevent a global Smallpox pandemic. The Prince of Castries, Grayson II, however is now keen for the island to earn a more positive reputation and is doing so by trying to create what he believes is the world's largest Coral Farm. "We've seen sea changes and fishing damage coral reefs across Mundus. These take a long time to come back naturally however we believe that we may be able to rebuild them in a lot shorter time." The Prince took journalists to a small area off the coast of Castries where a Professor from the local University explained the concept.

"We find areas of current coral which are at risk of dying. There we harvest coral tips or polyps and bring them to a lab where using petrie dishes and nutrients we start the growing process. At that point we transplant them to our coral farm. This is effectively a large metallitic lattice work frame in the sea where we can better control conditions so that the coral begins to thrive. Once it reaches a maturity after about a year we take the coral saplings back to the reefs and there using epoxy or even masonary cement we reattach them. We can then essentially get what would be 30 years of natural growth in about 24 months. This promotes a huge amount of biodiversity and helps boost fish populations. If we can do this in the right area we can also make sure that we can protect some of our beaches by making waves collapse sooner than normal." The press where shown a demonstration of where a team of six divers set about trying to repopulate a reef off the coast of Castries that had been badly damaged by decades of cyanide fishing by Water Nomads.

Prince Grayson II also spoke about the other reasons for the project. "We believe this has a huge number of benefits for our island. The corals will bring back species of fish which are in decline. These types of fish are also stunning to look at and we hope that may attract tourists to the area in order to see the spectactlour aquatic life. We also think that the project could utilise the Water Nomads. The project means we need people to constantly keep their eyes on the floating platforms. This is a form of employment that may suit some of these wanting to have a regular income. Finally we think the project is something we can spread to the whole of Mundus." It is understood that the Prince hopes to utilise the project in much the same way as the Bakkermayans utilised the Great Alucard Plastic clean up. "I think we can make the Alucard a hotbed for aquatic diversity if we all work together. We had a horrible surprise when we found that old lab and its escaped samples. We can now hopefully use science on Castries for a positive reason and help Mundus."

Offline Paracambi

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2020, 10:49:25 PM »

[

VODOU'S BIGGEST TEMPLE OPEN SOON

Since becoming the Head Hougon the Emperor of Paracambi has sought to raise the profile of Vodou as an important religion. He has carried out many ceremonial duties himself, established stricter rules on who can be a Mambo or Hougon as well as setting up a Headquarters of the world Vodou movement. The faith has always taken its leadership from Paracambian Hougon's however two years ago all Paracambian Hougon's agreed that the Emepror should be the head of the faith in a similar way to how the Pope is head of the Catholic Church. One of the problems the Emperor identified however was that the faith lacked a real home. In December the Emperor moved a team into the old Cathedral of the Catholic Church in Aluhampton, a building that was built following a brief attempt at missionaries bringing the faith to the Empire however for the last 100 years it has largely been unused until the Emperor established it as a centre for the administration of the Vodou faith.

Since it was established in December the administration set up a system to properly select, licence and empower Zangbeto to ensure Vodou rituals and sites were being used correctly. The Emperor also ordered construction of the Lodge of the Ioa, a construction that he confirmed would be the "Vodou Vatican" which he explained by saying, "We want a centre piece for our faith, an iconic building that shows people that we are not some religion only of the people of Paracambi. The Ioa wander the whole of Mundus and the sooner that people accept and realise this the better. Religions such as Catholicism, Islam and even the Bene Gesserit have a spiritual home, a place established after maybe centuries of history. We sadly do not have that, until now. The Lodge of the Ioa will be the largest Vodou Temple in the world by a long way, we need to take the faith out of the backyards of the local Hougon and into glorious public view. The Lodge will be visible across all of Aluhampton I hope and will seat around 1,000 individuals for rituals and prayer. It will feature outdoor pools for ceremonies, a library and a small administrative centre. It is my hope that once open for visitors, which will be soon, we can also establish a centre to train and educate the Hougon and Mambo of the future."

The Lodge of the Ioa is set to open in around a weeks time.

Offline Paracambi

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2020, 10:56:38 PM »

[

THE NEW INSOLENT ANNOUNCED

With the old HIMS Insolent leaving service in 2017 following a massive fire on board the aging Destroyer the name sake replacement had not been determined. Today though at Alemba Dockyards an announcement was made that the 6th reincarnation of the HIMS Insolent would be a Helicopter Cruiser, half Destroyer and half Helicopter Carrier. The ship baring the name Insolent is seen as the flagship of the Imperial Navy after it's first incarnation under famed commander Jebadiah Braithwaite rose to national prominence because of the national legend of the Minstrel Boy. The Emperor's brother, Prince Christian, was at the dockyards to see the design unveiled. The Prince stated "The new ship is something our Navy has never had. It will be the 6th ship to bare the legendary name Insolent and looks just as impressive as the first to have that name. As a former Marine I think the new Insolent is an asset that I wish we had in our day as it packs a useful amount of firepower into something highly mobile. Keeping a close to 300 year old tradition alive is important and that is why the construction was brought to Alemba, the place the original Insolent was finally retired."

A second Helicopter Cruiser is also going to begin construction at Aluhampton in mid September. It is estimated that each of the ships will cost $750million however several more will need to be spent acquiring more helicopters to operate off them. Upon completion the new HIMS Insolent will tour each of the provinces of the Empire. Its crew will be determined by applications from those whose family have served on past incarnations of the vessel. The second Helicopter Cruiser has yet to be given a name and several people are already suggesting it should be named HIMS Braithwaite or HIMS Jebadiah after the Insolents original captain.

PRINCESS CONFIRMS CONVERSION

Princess Sophia was brought up for 16 of her 18 years of age as a member of the Rastafarian faith as is tradition among the Imperial Family for females to be brought up in the minority faith of the Empire. Around a year ago though Emperor Benson passed a law stating that it was no longer a requirement for any Empress of Paracambi to be a Rastafarian. Since the death by assassination of her mother Empress Madeline however the Princess has been rarely seen as Rastafarian gathering and yesterday confirmed she had indeed adopted the Vodou faith.

Today the Princess explained her decision. "When I was a little girl the Rastafarian faith seemed like a duty I had to be part of. I loved going to the services, the rituals. People were so friendly and the atmosphere was always fun. One thing however that I never really liked the idea of was the way women were seen as being subordinate to men. Some of the rules just seemed unfitting for the fact that as soon as I turned 18 I became a Duchess in my own right. The Rastafarian way for the Imperials just can not work out. I'm a Princess by birth and if I marry it would be someone of a lesser rank, however suddenly under Rastafarianism I would be expected to do what he instructed. I also did not like the way that Marijuana was a necessity to be close to God. The more I learned the more I felt it was un-Paracambian too, its a faith based on Christianity a faith foreign to our shores and one that didn't even originate in Albion, if I'm an Imperial Princess of Paracambi I should be the embodiment of all that is Paracambi."

The Princess explained how the family reacted, "My father showed no concern at all. He has always held the belief that a person should be free to be whatever faith they wanted. He was naturally in love with my mother but he always found her faith a little divisive. My brother Marcus was happy as I think he knew I'd been unhappy attending the Rastafarian services once mother was murdered."

Many citizens in Aluhampton celebrated the news calling the Princesses announcement her "rebirth" or "awakening". One senior Mambo Priestess stated, "The Empire is overseen by the Loa, today we've one more soul accepting their guidance and the fact she is a Princess seeing the light after nearly two decades of misguided education speaks to the Loa's power. We move ever closer to a time all Paracambians accept the true faith of our people and our race." Meanwhile prominent Rastafarian figure Ayotunde Clement who was once spiritual adviser to Empress Madeline has spoken of it being a "Betrayal of the Rastafarians of the Empire. Today we have no one in the Imperial Family fighting our cause, we run the risk of becoming an enslaved group once more, we escaped opression, served the Empire against the Seleucid slavers and now the Emperors own blood betrays us. Laws need to be in place meaning the Imperial family represent all Paracambians. With the Emperor taking the role of Head Hougon of the Vodou Faith and then stating he will not be committing to marrying a Rastafarian if he ever remarries it is clear we run the risk of the Empire becoming an Alander style nation where those of minority faiths are punished."

The Palace released a statement saying that Mr.Clement's words were "non-sense. Religious freedom is enshrined in law in the Empire and despite his wife's death the Emperor has stated several times how he felt supported by the Rastafarian's of Paracambi. Even if no member of the Imperial Family attends Rastafarian services the Emperor hopes he will still be welcome to come and pay his respects to the faithful at times of significance for their faith." Emperor Benson also pointed out while on his way to a cabinet meeting, "I have always allowed the Principalities of the Empire to set their own rules on things that have an impact on religion. No Principality so far bans marijuana, no Principality has an established religion and all Principalities teach Rastafarianism, Vodouism and even the ancient faith of Tekuism in schools. We are an Empire open and protective of all."

Offline Paracambi

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2020, 02:54:35 PM »

[

EMPIRE ISSUE GAMES EDICT

The government have today confirmed that no Paracambian athlete will compete in this years Mundus Games. The Emperor explained the decision stating, "Other nations have, perhaps understandably, stated that they will allow all athletes to make up their own mind and avoid staying in Tamora. This is a decision that each nation must make on their own merits. Paracambi meanwhile has a unique history with these nations as we actively faught and sought out slavery to eradicate it. Our nations heritage is proudly built upon our anti-slavery action and not a single Paracambian is untouched in their ancestry by the institution of slavery. Some of us will have lost ancestors to the war on slavery, some will have been captured, others will have been granted their freedom and brought to the safe arms of the Empire. We can never turn our back on this heritage." It was explained that the Emperor has the agreement of all national governing bodies that they will not be sending competitors to the games and even went further that he has their agreement that any Paracambian who competes under the Mundus Games banner will never compete for the National Team again.

The Head of the Paracambian Mundus Games Committee, James Amway, announced that TV coverage of the games would not be taken up by the national broadcaster as has been the case in other years and to date no independent media outlet in Paracambi has announced that they have gained permission to broadcast the Games. The Head of the Committee though did announce that during the dates of the Mundus Games the Empire Games would take place with all the same sports as the Mundus Games. Mr.Amway also confirmed that while the Paracambian athletes would be taking part representing their Principality not the Empire they had also issued invitations to the Dukedoms of Bakkermaya and the Islands of Lodja. "While I understand Lodjains and Bakkermayans may go to the games we can still celebrate the true Mundus Games spirit that does not downgrade human beings by surrounding arenas with slavery. In Aluhampton we shall have our own events, broadcast across the Empire and celebrate the way sport can unite people."

Offline Paracambi

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2020, 07:59:43 PM »

[

ROSEAU TAKE EMPIRE GAMES BY STORM

Roseau is more well known as the Province which produces a regular steady stream of musicians and artists however over the last few days it has been the competitors from this province of the Empire that have ignited the first ever Empire Games. The event was hastily organised following Paracambi's decision to boycott the games in Midaranye and sees competitors representing their Principality rather than the Empire. In addition to competitors from Paracambi those from the islands belonging to Lodja and Bakkermaya have also registered to take part additionally the East Moreland sporting great Archduchess Sophie Ironside has also arrived to represent her former University. The games are taking place in Aluha and as such the city of Aluhampton has seen a step up in tourism however it is believed this will increase as the two week long event continues especially as the event was convened at short notice and many top class athletes from Lodja and Bakkermaya have still attended the Mundus Games.

So far events have focused primarily on the soccer field and the ocean however the track and field begins this weekend. The selection for the events also purposely doesn't mirror the Mundus Games as its patron, Emperor Benson explains. "We wanted to do everything possible to make it clear these games are different to the ones in Midaranye. Its not just the corruption and slavery where we differ. We wanted to give athletes who generally don't get a chance on the grandest stage to show their skills." The Emperor is said to be most looking forward to the Cricket as in his youth he was a keen player.

MEN'S SURFING RESULTS

1. Dale Eve - Roseau
2. Jahquil Hill - Alemba
3. Quinaceo Hunt - Castries

WOMEN'S SURFING RESULTS

1. Alyssa Whitehead - Walesby
2. Chris-Ann Chambers - Roseau
3. Chantelle Swaby - Alua

MEN'S WINDSURFING RACE

1. Killian Elkinson - Alemba
2. Vladimir Kesarev - Iskar
3. Jaylon Bather - Roseau

WOMEN'S WINDSURFING RACE

1. Madiya Harriott - Roseau
2. Konya Plummer - Gustavia
3. Viktoriya Nosenko - Gaia

MEN'S WINDSURFING FREESTYLE

1. Konstantin Krizhevsky - Zhoyan
2. Donte Brangman - Roseau
3. Oliver Harvey - Elmwood

WOMEN'S WINDSURFING FREESTYLE

1. Diana Ponomareva - Isle of Tar
2. Yulia Grichenko - Zhoyan
3. Sashana Campbell - Amalie

MEN'S PADDLEBOARDING

1. Roger Lee - Cartmel
2. Boris Kuznetsov - Iskar
3. Dante Leverock - Roseau

WOMEN'S PADDLEBOARDING

1. Deneisha Blackwood - Roseau
2. Dominique Bond-Flasza - Castries
3. Allyson Swaby - Edwinstowe

MEN'S FOOTBALL

Alua 3 V's 0 Iskar
Roseau 6 V's  1 Walesby
Amalie 1 V's 1 Isle of Tar
Alemba  0 V's 2 Elmwood
Alucard Minor 0 V's 5 Edwinstowe
Gaia 2 V's 1 Cartmel

WOMEN'S FOOTBALL

Iskar 1 V's 2 Harby
Roseau 5 V's 0 Zhoyan
Isle of Tar 2 V's 3 Wellow
Elmwood 0 V's 0 Grand Alucard
Edwinstowe 1 V's 3 Gustavia
Castries 0 V's 1 Gaia

Offline Paracambi

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2021, 04:57:25 PM »

[

NEW FLAGSHIP LAUNCHED

Today the Empire welcomed the new flagship of the Imperial Navy the 6th reincarnation of HIMS Insolent. The last ship to have the name retired in 2017 following a fire onbard the Destroyer that carried the name. The latest ship is being called by many a "Hybrid Multi Purpose Ship" and will be called the Hybrid Class as a result. The ship maintains part cruiser and part helicopter carrier capabilities allowing it to undertake a wide variety of operations. The ship was launched at Alemba Dockywards and drew a huge crowd to see off the ship which is named after the ship captained by famed sailor Jebadieah Braithwaite in 18th Century. The original HIMS Insolent was famed for freeing a large number of slaves from Seleucid and Ardian ships before being retired having barely limped into harbour in 1751. The ship also became famous for the story of young musician called Thomas being part of a boarding party which became trapped aboard a Seleucid ship and being sure to be captured flung his harp into the sea before igniting the ships powder store allowing the HIMS Insolent to escape. From this point forward the story has become part of the nations heritage and even gave birth to the national anthem.

The Emperor blessed the boat with the sacrifice of a cow and blessed the 350 strong crew during a short ceremony before being given a tour of the ship. The ship will now head out on a tour of the islands to show the vessel off and will meet a detachment of 200 Marines who will serve on when it reaches Roseau where the Marines have been undertaking a recent military exercise. The ship is crewed by naval personnel who have had ancestors who served on the previous ships to have carried the name. This includes its new Captain Gabriel Clyde whose grand-father was a gunner on the 4th ship to have held the name. There has however been one issue identified with the introduction of the Hybrid Class is that navies large helicopters capable of serving on the Insolent are few in number, already committed to the HIMS Linguetor and entered service in the 1960's. It is therefore expected that a batch of at least 20 new helicopters will be purchased with Emperor Benson considering looking at the nations of the newly formed Sovereign Union of Nations for a supplier. The Emperor stated, "SUN is a group of nations committed to working together to help each other progress, sadly the Paracambian aviation industry does not at the moment produce what we need and so we will look first to Cassiopeia, Drenovia and Chistopol to manage the situation, beyond that we'll see what else can be acquired."

[

EMPIRE GAMES CURTAIN FALLS WITH ALUA VICTORY

The first Empire Games have ended in Aluhampton with the Empire's largest province topping the medal table. The games were hastily arranged once the Mundus Games were awarded to slave owning Tamora and former slave traders Royal Seleucid. The games featured many of the same events as the main games with a few added in that are popular in the Empire such as Paddleboarding. While the games were arranged to allow Paracambian athletes to participate in competition while boycotting what have been called the "Slave Games" by Paracambi and several other nations. Teams from Bakkermaya and Lodja took part in the football allowing teams from their islands to be represented for the first time. Several athletes from other nations also took place including East Moreland's Archduchess Sophie who is the niece of King David. The Morelander noble won gold in the Marathon and Cross Country saying afterwards "I've enjoyed a return to competition and perhaps this has ignited my love for the sport. We maybe have the Winter Games on the horizon and I may be tempted to put the skates on again. The games here have been a great success and I thank the Paracambian organisers for allowing me to come."[1]

With the games being hailed a great success by Emperor Benson he has hinted the games may become an annual event between the Islands of the Alucard. "We have enjoyed having the people of the Alucard come and spend time here and its been a great boost for the tourist trade. We now think we'll run these every year but hopefully next time prior to the Mundus Games using them as almost a warm up for our team. Its also nice to see people represent the provinces which at times don't get as much glory as they deserve. Friendly competition is a great way of improving the standards of our sports." The Emperor concluded the games by presenting the Aluhampton captain, 100meter sprinted Giles Tafer with a trophy known as the Freedom Cup to mark the provinces victory.
 1. Quote from Dave

Offline Paracambi

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2021, 08:09:14 PM »

[

EMPEROR CRITICAL OF MORELANDERS

Emperor Benson has today announced that he has recently had a meeting with the ambassador to East Moreland following discovery by Paracambian military assets that East Moreland had constructed a temporary airfield somewhere within the Central Alucard Islans Chain. The Emperor refused to confirm the airfield's exact location other than saying it was "in international water close to Lodjain controlled seas." It is understood that the Morelanders have convered one of the many uninhabited islands into an airfield capable of handing small numbers of aircraft which they are using to search for vessels siding with "King" Leopold of Lodja. The Emperor addressed the situation by saying. "The Morelanders have changed the nature of the Alucard at their own whim. They are well briefed that TUNA has worked hard to forge co-operation in the region and despite the situation in Lodja I believe this lack of forward thinking on their behalf shows disrespect to those of us who call the Alucard home. While they have CNN allies who live in the Alucard this does not give them special priviledge. I am thankful that the East Moreland ambassador has worked with us to ensure King David is aware of our concerns and displeasure. I am confident that an arrangement that will allow Paracambi some oversight of work at what the Morelanders are calling Cobble Field will hold and that a further agreement that following ending of hostilities in the area the airfield will either be removed or turned over to TUNA for use. I am already working with our TUNA partners to look at non military uses of the airfield that would benefit us all."

It is understood that Paracambian Air Force members will be stationed at the island as will some naval assets that will monitor operations.

Offline Paracambi

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2021, 07:58:40 PM »

[

CARTIER ISSUE SHOWS WHY "SUN NEEDED"

This morning it was reported that both Nya Aland and Marseille had withdrawn from the Uppsala Convention before later on in the day re-signing it as a way of protesting against the lack of action over the alleged criminal Cartier from the Marseille conflict. Currently the former commander of forces at the time loyal to the Head of State of Marseille is in the custody of Achkaerin and has been since the conflict ended over five years ago. The officer is currently accused of murder of citizens of Marseille as well as ordering the execution of Nya Aland forces captured during the conflict.

The Emperor gave his support to the actions of Nya Aland and Marseille saying. "It is clear that this man has a case to answer. Achkaerin have today announced that "several legal questions must be resolved before a substantive trial can occur" Now while the case of the crimes Achkaerin are investigating regarding the actions against potential CTOMM members there are no such issues regarding the trial of murdered Marseille citizens or Alander soldiers. Both these nations have fair and open judiciaries. Both these nations have been victims of crimes by Cartier. Infact under military law Cartier was a serving member of the Marseille armed forces and they are trying to bring him to trial for crimes committed while in their service, this means that an Uppsala trial is unneccessary and would in fact undermine the ability of nations to impose Uppsala on their forces. A nation of good standing has in place laws for its military and procedures, a state willing to prosecute its own people for crimes they commit in uniform is one that is doing the right thing. Marseille are being halted from doing this. It is vital that Cartier is returned immediately to Marseille to stand trial for the murders committed there."

The Emperor went on to explain that while Paracambi are not signatory members of the Convention they agree with the majority of the articles. Emperor Benson explained, "As an ex-service man I appreciate what Uppsala tries to do but situations like the one we are seeing are exactly why SUN is needed. We recognise the rights of nations to be given the chance to seek justice and security for their own citizens. That should not be hampered by nations controlling when another nations citizens get justice. Cartier is from Marseille, he committed crimes in Marseille against Marseille citizens and was even arrested in Marseille. It stands to rights he should face trial in that nation under their laws. Once that trial has taken place then Achkaerin or any other nation can ask for his extradition. In my view we have effectively seen Cartier extradited without the consent of the government of Marseille."

The Emperor concluded his statement by inviting both Nya Aland and Marseille to join SUN and "stand together with nations who like the membership believe a nation must be able to protect its own citizens with its own laws and that international intervention should only play a part when absolutely neccessary. Only be standing up to the cartel of big nations such as those who once ran the CTO can we truly have a fair Mundus. We have seen of late East Moreland playing fast and loose with the FSC and no major nation has spoken against them."

Offline Paracambi

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2022, 09:03:31 PM »

[

ZANGBETO ELECTIONS TAKE PLACE ACROSS THE EMPIRE

The traditional festival which marks the selection of the Zangbeto has taken place today across the various parts of the Empire. The Zangbeto are members of the local community and are often elected by their peers to act as a form of spiritual police force. Each district appoints a number of the guardians determined by the Loa that are connected to their region. The main role of the Zangbeto is to make regular patrols through their allocated area undertaking a variety of rituals and collecting offerings from those unable to personally attend rituals at shrines due to ill-health, old age or other such impediment. In some parts of the Empire an election takes place among those over the age of 18 who wish to fulfil the role while in some smaller areas the leading Mambo and Hougon's appoint the Zangbeto.

The Festival that accompanies the appointments has been huge this year with many more tourists attending the street parties than every before. This year marks the first time that Emperor Benson has appointed a pair of Zangbeto for the Royal Palace. 23 year old Prince Markus and 20 year old Princess Sophie will both serve as the Palace's Zangbeto for the next 12 months. The Emperor explained his decision saying. "The role of a Zangbeto is one of service to their community and the Loa work hard for very little material reward. Markus and Sophie have been fortunate enough to live an easy life compared to many Paracambians. It is only right that they now give back to a community and I expect them to work hard. Be it helping the elderly with their worship, walking through the marketplaces ensuring the stalls selling offerings are selling appropriate ones or even just doing random checks on worship meetings they will be spending long days doing good deeds."

Prince Markus was already spotted walking his "patch" in his woven grass costume. The first day in the job however is the day of celebration which saw him join groups dancing and singing, given gifts and brought food by the people he will be helping. Meanwhile Princess Sophie went to the Vodou Lodge where she helped well wishers sweep the building before joining in traditional games with children and then celebratory food and drink.

In a first for the Empire HIMS Insolent has been designated the Zangbeto of the Fleet. The newest ship in the Navy which bears the most auspicious of names for Paracambians, is set to tour the Empire and its islands. While doing so its crew will be expected to act in accordance with the role of the Zangbeto's. The crew of the ship had their own parade of Zangbeto whose costumes were made from items onboard ship including toilet paper, tin foil and various packaging items. Prizes were given for the best outfit with Able Seamen Fitz Gibbs winning the prize.

Offline Paracambi

• Order Of The Pen
  • Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2022, 09:12:06 PM »

"WATCHING BRIEF" ON CLYSPERIS

The Imperial Press Office today confirmed that Emperor Benson had received an invite from the Pharoah of Clysperis. The Emperor was visiting Castries to witness the final dismantling of the biological weapons lab discovered there in 2019. The facility had been built in the 1950's as part of a top secret weapons programme as an alternative to developing nuclear weapons. The project was halted in the early 1980's and the facility effectively mothballed should future Emperors deem it required. The knowledge of the facility was kept secret from both Emperor Benson and his father Emperor Samuel IV however a problem with the facility in 2019 led to several people on the island becoming ill and the facility was rediscovered. The lab has since been undergoing a significant amount of work to ensure no traces of biological material remain and that no one can be injured by the facility. The Emperor was said to be pleased with how effective the clean up has been. "It has taken our military and the University of Castries some time to ensure that nothing of danger remains. Castries is a beautiful island and now once again we can be assured that its a safe one. We've had many tourists coming here throughout the last few years but we've had to keep a good eye on the site to ensure all things are safe but now the island can get back to full capacity."

The Emperor was then asked about the invite from Clysperis and replied with. "The history of our Empire is steeped in standing against slavery. Clysperis sadly have a past that has utilised it in major ways and while we are pleased they have now passed laws making such barbarously illegal. We though hold reservations about the reasons why this was done. It is our hope that perhaps the input of Achkaerin during the civil war had an impact however we still hold concerns that a nation signing the MCUR would for nearly two years support a nation that had laws permitting slavery. We will watch Clysperis with interest. Should they do what is right to ensure this economic growth of theirs is used to compensate those exploited over the past decades and centuries then down the road I will gladly shake the hand of the Pharoah, for now though I would find such a gesture a difficult one. We wish those now enjoying their freedom the best and hope the Pharoah has success in doing what is right."