Roleplay > Diplomacy and Events

Colleges and Legacies

(1/3) > >>

Achkaerin:

To whom it may concern,

Several years ago King David of East Moreland conceived of and established the Cultural Exchange Treaty Organisation, as part of this organisation member nations are obligated to establish at a university a department or faculty that is devoted to the study of non-native history and cultures. In Achkaerin this faculty can be found at the Achkaerin University of Arts and Culture in Avalon. This University has over the last few years, as Achkaerin has forged relations with other nations, witnessed an increase in student applications and potential intake. Subsequently the University took the decision to build five new colleges and due to the status of the University being attached to the CETO it was decided that these colleges should be named after notable international figures. After a deliberation process the following names have been selected:

* Joanna Ironside
* Josiah Rhodes
* Viktoriya Tar
* Willa Sunbrek
* Cecelia Anselmo
In addition the University library is being renamed the Danielle Leonidas Library and this will also be marked.

Therefore on behalf of the University, the Achkaerinese Government and the Crown I would like to invite representatives of East Moreland, Seaforth, Lodja, Nya Aland and Rokkenjima and/or the families of those named above to the city of Avalon to mark and hopefully participate in the opening of these new colleges ahead of their first intake in the next academic year. Following this those attending are invited for a social evening and meal at the home of the Marqueeza of the city of Avalon and the hold of Silverlea, Lady Olivia Leonidas.

Yours

Senator David Ward
Minister of Education

DaveIronside:

To:- Minister Ward

I have been given the oppurtunity to respond to your invitation by my uncle. I am deeply honoured that you have seen fit to name a college after my Birth Mother. While I sadly didn't get the chance to grow up knowing her I was fortunate enough to know the deep importance she placed on education ensuring that I was given an excellent oppurtunity to study and learn furthermore I was blessed to be one of the first students to gain a CETO backed degree in Mundus Studies. I would therefore be delighted to come and visit the University for this occasion and to thank you for granting my Birth Mother this honour.

May The Gods Watch Over You and Your Nation Know Peace

Archduchess Sophie Harrison-Ironside
Pilot Officer in the REMAF

Rhodes:

Minister Ward,

My sister Harper and I are both humbled that the university would choose to honour our late father in such a manner. It gives me great pleasure on behalf of House Rhodes to accept this invitation. My father was a firm believer in life-long education and of all the acknowledgements and honours he could have or did recieve, I know in my heart that this would have been his most cherished.

Fair Winds,

General Joshua Rhodes
Duke of Somerset
Prince of Arovium

Libby:

To:- Minister Ward

On behalf of my nation I have been asked to pass on the gratitude of Queen Klara for the recognition of a former Guardian of Sessifet. She has permitted myself and my daughter Princess Alana to attend the event and we shall also be joined by the Brother of the Guardian, Genadi Kohut. We look forward to supporting the University and Colleges involved and wish all involved well.

Best Regards

Lady Helene Tar
Former Mother of the Guardian

Achkaerin:
The airport in Avalon was so new that it felt like the paint wasn't completely dry yet, in truth the airport was an extension of the already existing heliport perhaps not in the same league as most international airports but it did the job so it was probably better to call it a private airfield. Standing in the small terminal as it were was Achkaerin's Minister of Education David Ward, as a former full time teacher and now guest lecturer he was particularly excited about the day, it wasn't that often that a new college was opened. He was joined on the welcoming committee by Vice Consul Rhian Kennedy, she herself quite eager for the day's events. The initial plan was simple enough welcome the guests and take them down to the main campus, a little mingling while waiting for stragglers, open the colleges and then evening meal.

Their attention was drawn to the silhouette of an approaching plane visible through the terminal window, it appeared the first of their guests had arrived.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version