Author Topic: East Meeting West  (Read 1788 times)

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
East Meeting West
« on: December 05, 2018, 06:44:20 AM »

A Message To Grand Duke Lascelles

Grand Duke Lascelles,

It is increasingly clear to me that we have began our relationship on the wrong foot, indeed, at the Summit I could sense your reservations about me. As a woman who is dedicated to the Rosari Faith, especially in recognition of my status within the Faith, I can recognize a man who is devoted just as equally to his faith. It is no secret that I am not a popular person with the Cult, and that the personal divisions between King David and I do not help matters. Furthermore, my response to you in regards to ASEAN could have been more measured.

There remain voices within the Imperial Government who hold resent toward the West, they seek a more hard-line approach to a region which has cast much derision upon Eastern Ardia and, in their view, hampered the project of continental unity from taking place so many years ago. It is, with this in mind, that I come to you with a request; whether you wish to honour it or not is fully within your purview and I shall take no offense if it is declined. I do, however, feel that it would rob those voices of the wind from their sails.

I have in my possession two tickets for a performance at the Ashinxao Auditorium which hosts not only the largest pipe organ throughout Mundus, but also boasts some of the finest acoustics possible of any venue. It would be a privilege to share this experience with you, and after which I would wish to discuss a few proposals that I feel should be made in a cooperative manner; not solely by the First Empire, but alongside our far neighbours. The domestic impact of this move would allow me to satisfy their concerns while cementing our commitment to broadening co-operation and making up for these unfortunate missteps.

I do hope that through this invitation you may learn more about Rokkenjima, and myself, that you may not otherwise have the opportunity to do so. Perhaps you may come to know me as a person, and not who I am portrayed to be by certain individuals. I shall await your reply.

Empress of Rokkenjima
Princess of Littlebrook

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline RobertAgira

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Agira Latina
Re: East Meeting West
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 10:33:50 AM »
To:- Empress Beatrice

I believe your offer is one made in good faith, however it is one that I must at this time decline. As the Grand Duke of Bakkermaya, a nation founded upon the principles of the Cult of Helus much is expected from me in terms of setting an example for the faith in my nation. The fact that you have been removed as a Shield/Sword Guardian of Princess Rhiannon (OOC-or Prince Caspian whichever it was) by the High Priestess of the Cult would make my visit to a personally meeting political suicide.

I do however hold no personal animosity as I do not have the full details of the incident between yourself and His Majesty King David Ironside, descendent of Unasson. As such I am still determined to peruse discussions between our nations. I therefore propose an alternative to us meeting. Bakkermaya is a nation made up of six Duchies, each retains a sense of autonomy over daily affairs and as such the Dukes and Duchesses are well respected diplomats in their own right. One of these, Duchess Rhiannon Farmer of Harby, is a follower of the Helusan faith, an off-shoot of the Cult of Helus in much a similar way as Protestant and Catholics are in Christianity. As the leader of the Helusan faith has made no such judgements against yourself she is not constrained by such issues as myself. If you are willing to allow her to replace myself then I am sure discussions between our nations can take place.

May The Gods Watch Over You and Your Nation Know Peace.

Grand Duke Hugo Lascelles.