Author Topic: The Crowning of an Ascendant  (Read 7739 times)

Offline Persephone

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Griss Confederacy
The Crowning of an Ascendant
« on: June 21, 2019, 06:05:36 PM »
An Official Invitation by way of the Coalition Delegation

It is with great sorrow that we announce the passing of Ascendant Xirk. Although there is little cause for remorse as he joins Necra in eternity. We are proud to announce his successor, Natrax. For the first time in many years, we would like to extend a formal invitation across Mundus to world leaders and the influential to attend the Crowning of the new Ascendant. Visitors will be granted special permissions to view parts of the Crowning few unbelievers ever get a chance at. We eagerly look forward to meeting those that can attend.

Signed,
Empress Qi’rrow
Suzerain Wrex
Vaticinator Vizla
Archdruid Iaxxodril
Matriarch Arre’a
Ionia Maar Velkin

Suzerain Wrex was still adjusting to the sunlight. It wasn't often that the skies were so clear on the Island of Erebyx. It was quite the contrast from the normal storm clouds and rain. He thought it might be a bad omen for such a large state visit, but decided to put such thoughts away. His more spiritual contemporaries could worry about that. He had chosen the pleasure of greeting the foreign dignitaries first, and most importantly, alone. The rest of the Coalition Delegation was already inside Black Crypt. Thousands of the faithful have gathered in Fyrla if only to catch a glimpse of the new Ascendant.

Wrex waited at the grand doors of the Crypt. The foreigners would be transported by from the airport directly. They had shut down all necessary roads to speed the journey. He had heard that there were even crowds all along the barriers welcoming the foreigners. It was not unheard of for unbelievers to come to the crowning, but to actually witness the ceremony was extremely rare. He wasn't sure how they would react to the purification rituals they would have to undergo, but such was the way it worked. Natrax was an unknown to him. She's much younger than the previous Xirk. Whether that meant she would be easy to reign in or not had yet to be seen.

Wrex, himself, was a built like an ox. He wore a layered suit in the style of outsiders to appear more welcoming. It might have the opposite effect. The clothes were tight and restricted his movement. Not to mention they only added to his size. He also wore a pair of dark shades with a thin rim. They appeared quiet small in contrast to his face. The first car pulled up and Wrex motioned to the attendants to open the car door. A pair of figures in flowing black robes with a white cloth covering their mouths quickly moved and open the door. They bowed and motioned the first guest towards Wrex. 

"It is my distinct honor and pleasure to welcome you to the Nyx Coalition, and more specifically Erebyx. I am Suzerain Wrex, mouthpiece of the Empress."

OOC: Wanted to jump start all the national introductions, so feel free to just show up.

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
Re: The Crowning of an Ascendant
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2019, 07:25:55 PM »
"Thank you" King David of East Moreland said as he stepped out of the car. It had only been a short journey compared to some of the more recent journeys across Mundus. He carefully adjusted his straight cavalry sword before turning round and helping his partner Baronetess Stasya Pelagiya out of the car. David had been thankful when she'd turned up wearing a simple floor length green dress rather than some of the more outlandish outfits she'd sometimes wear. "May I present Baronetess Stasya, an official Envoy of the Queendom of Lodja."

Stasya stood and gave a small bow of her head as she was introduced. "I believe that my Queen is attending as well" she informed the host as she took hold of David's left hand. "I'm excited to see what your nation is like. I know we both are." She smiled.

"Certainly" David said. "Its been far too long that our nations have sat opposite sides of the Illumic with little contact." He mused, "Now I know that today is a grand occasion and I have a gift I'd like to present if I may to the new Ascendant. I'd also like to see if maybe we can put in place a time for our nations to sit and have a chat." He wasn't entirely sure of the protocol of each nations rituals such as this and so he figured the large gentleman before him would be the best person to ask.

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Republic of Québec
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2019, 07:55:03 PM »
"Axel Poniatowski-Esterházy, Apostolic Emperor of the Imperial Commonwealth of Krimeon, and this is my beloved wife and Empress Elena, thank you for receiving us to this glorious occasion to see the rise of a new Ascendant." The Krimeonite Imperial Couple greeted as they stepped out of their limo, having endured quite a few hours of travelling by plane though it was a pleasant journey nonetheless. Axel was wearing a standard yet elaborate black tie, with his various medals he inherited and accumulated over the following years fastened on, whilst Elena wore a White dress bearing intricate patterns of Krimeonite floral and animalistic symbols.

"It'll be delightful to get to know your country a little more and perhaps we could also have the chance to discuss personal matters in a relaxed setting, although any other preferences would be alright by us." the Emperor said as he offered a humble bow of gratitude, the Empress likewise performing the same gesture. "We have also brought with us gifts that the new Ascendant should receive in person." Elena added, feeling relieved that she and her Imperial could have a few days of relaxation without their grownup kids nearby.

Offline Persephone

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2019, 06:14:35 PM »
Wrex nodded at both the Morelander and the Lodjan. "King David, Baronetess Stasya. It is an honor. I am happy to hear about the Queen. As for witnessing our nation, the ceremony is one of our most sacred and oldest rituals. I believe it will be most illuminating." He then turned more towards the King. He whinced a little at the mention of a present, the outsider would have a surprise in store for later. "Yes, to practically be neighbors and so little contact is a travesty that must end. I'm sure the Ascendant will be... most pleased to receive your gift. As for a for a chat, I'm sure it can be arranged. Any member of the Delegation would be overjoyed at the prospect." He waved them through the doorway as the next limo pulled up.

Wrex gave the Imperial couple a low bow and a standard greeting, adding, "Yes, a there will be time for a more relaxed meeting after the ceremony. I'm sure there is much to discuss." He blinked at the mention of yet another gift. "Thank you Empress. I'll be sure to make sure the Ascendant is made aware of your generosity." And with that he waved them forward through the doorway. He continued to wait outside for the rest of the foreign officials.

As each couple entered the Black Crypt they were meet with more attendants, servants of the Crypt. They were dressed similar to the ones they meet exiting their cars, black robes and a white cloth covering their mouths. They were silent, but motioned for each individual to stand in the middle of a rather large and complex circle drawn with white chalk into the stone floor. The circles were about 5 feet in diameter. They were actually a combination of a number of casting circles made specifically for the outsiders. They would purify them as well as cast a protective aura around them during the ceremony.

An attendant lacking the white mouth cloth appear in front of the outsiders. "Please excuse the formalities. As unbelievers, your souls must be purified before you can witness the ritual. This is standard procedure and will only last a minute." The foreigners were approached by more attendants, these one carry small metal bowls with some sort of light pink liquid. "Rose water." The lead attendant offered as explanation. The attendants dipped their ring figures in the water and drew a line with the water from the foreigners' hairline to the bridge of their nose. After which they back outside of the circle.

"Istra casa mordin." The lead attendant announced these words loudly then smiled. "The purification is complete, you may now truly enter the crypt. Follow me." He lead the group through another set of large doors into a long hallway. On one side were beautiful stain glassed windows and on the other giant dark paintings of mythical events. "The ritual chamber is through this hallway and up a series of stairs. The Coalition Delegation is already inside. If you have any questions feel free to ask." Once again the attendant smiled before continuing to lead the party forward.

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lodja/Kaitaine
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2019, 07:58:57 PM »
True to Stasya's word Queen Klara was indeed on her way to the ceremony. The mispacking of what she liked to refer to as her "party crown" the thin solid silver wire and jewelled one that was only ever worn on state visits had lead to a panic at the airport. Klara had actually been rather laid back about the whole thing, it was the new Lady in Waiting Zhenya Markov who was ruffled. She had been responsible for packing it and rather than placing it with the Queen's dress like they normally did she had packed it with the Queen clothing for the next few days. The panic over the Queen, accompanied by her four Ladies had arrived at the venue just in time to follow the East Moreland King and those from Krimeon into the Black Crypt. Klara stood silently as the purification ceremony was performed, it wasn't to disimilar to that process that happened whenever someone visited the Isle of the Goddess for the first time, only there it was salt rather than rose water. Once inside the Queen went and greeted Stasya, the monarch considered the former Lady in Waiting a friend and the two shared a brief embrace before Klara greeted King David. "always nice to see you" she said warmly. Once inside the crypt itself Klara kept close to the Morelander and Stasya, she knew David was a history nerd and likely would be asking the pertinent question, beside she didn't really know the Krimeons that well. It was infact Klara who broke the silence after being invited to ask questions, "Those patterns on the floor." she began, "What do they represent?" she asked. Back home in Lodja there was just a simple line drawn on the beginning of the causeway to the Island she now called home, that was a line only those who had been purified could cross.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2019, 10:52:21 PM »
When the Empire of Tamora got the official invitation to the “Crowning of the new Ascendant”  it was hard to ignore. The Nyx Coalition was the most populous nation in Aranye continent and had by far the largest economy, easily dwarfing Tamora and even the entire Midaranye region. Such a nation could not be easily ignored especially since so far it had not been antagonistic to Tamora.   
Choosing who to send to such an event was also important, Tamora was an Empire and Emperor Abbas left the country only to go to nations that were close diplomatically. Having Emperor Abbas go there himself would put Tamora in a position of subservience to Nyx Coalition and thus it was out of the question for him to go. Alya Safavid, his First Wife and the Head of Foreign Affairs would be  sent to Nyx.

Tamoran officials were glad that the invitation did not mention they would have to take part in any ritual and would only have “view parts of the Crowning” . Manists (the native religion of Tamora) would did not take active part in any non Manist rituals as that was against their faith. It’s true that they made limited exception for Islam but that was because of their roots, any other religious rituals they could only observe.

The last part that had to be addressed was the gift that had to be brought to the new ruler or Ascendant as Nyx called it. This strange country seemed to put a lot of emphasis on religion and at least in that regard they were similar to Tamora though in the Empire the Church was not a part of the government as it seemed in Nyx. Choosing a gift was not easy but as Tamorans they preferred to choose a religious one since religion was such an important part of Tamoran society and that also seemed to be the case in Nyx. Of course religious gifts were very risky and could easily offend. After careful considerations, they settled on a painting of the four horsemen. The religious of Nyx was an apocalyptic cult and the four horsemen had a role in their religion.  When it came to Manists they weren’t a part of their theology but they were part of one of the minority religions of Tamora (Christiany). So the gift didn’t imply any connection between the two faiths (Necrova  and Manism) and yet the gift was still something from Tamoran culture.

Once Alya Safavid arrived in Nyx she was pleased to see the streets were clear of traffic as that meant the hosts cared about the visitors.  Alya was wearing her usual abaya dress and hijab, she also made sure to have black lace gloves as two avoid touching any foreign men that might be too friendly and shake her hand.

“Thank you for the invitation” said Alya as she stepped out of the car. She bowed and put her right hand over her heart.  She then proceeded to present herself as Head of Foreign affairs of the Tamoran Empire. She also made sure to inform Suzerain Wrex that she had a gift for the new Ascendant and asked if it was more appropriate to give it personally or just hand it over to one of the staff.

As she entered the Black Crypt she encountered the first problem. The hosts were about to make her take part in a religious ritual of purification of some sort. "As unbelievers, your souls must be purified before you can witness the ritual." said one of the hosts. Alya knew full well what the symbolism was, that foreigners were to accept their ways and their religion as true in order to get access to the new leader. Since the Nyx Coalition was a major power it made sense to show it in symbolic this way. Alya did not want to cause offense but there was no way she would ignore the teachings of her faith, she was a Manist(ooc: native religion of Tamora) after all, so she politely objected:

“Please forgive me but my religion expressly forbids me to take part in such rituals. I am afraid my staff did not inform me that this would take place and for that I apologize. Now if there is any other way that we can proceed without the ritual then I am happy to oblige but I cannot and will not take part in a ritual of a faith that I have not chosen.” As she said in a calm and polite manner she made a short bow. She was here to try and establish at least decent relations with Consecrated Nyx Coalition but going against her faith to do so was a price too high to pay.

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2019, 04:56:26 AM »
Beatrice bowed respectfully, "Thank you for your most gracious invitation and hospitality," she said as she rose. "Allow me to introduce my daughter, Crown Princess Adriana and Lucretia Marino, Governor of the Imperial Rokkenjiman Overseas Dependency." The two offered bows of their own before Beatrice continued, "I understand Rishiri is interested in financial and business arrangements, thus the opportunity to visit their neighbours was one which couldn't be passed up. I also look forward to the opportunity to speak later."

Finding herself behind Alya Safavid was awkward, an understatement to say the least. She had ultimately approved the request for Fairuza Kuto against the advice of the Vicegerent, figuring that was a matter beyond the politics between their nations. Even more awkward perhaps was the presence of King David, who had seemingly avoided noticing her to this point. If he were to look her joy at seeing his happiness with Stasya would have been apparent, however, despite their close proximity she couldn't feel farther from him.

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline Xaeth

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Alakhwan
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2019, 10:17:58 AM »
"Ælirn xy Thælyrn, the Most Serene and Celestial Empress of Xæth," said the young Empress to Wrex, introducing herself with a polite nod of her head. The Empress had traveled to Nyx alone, only the second time she'd made a trip outside of her Empire without a family member to accompany her. With the displeasure amongst many in power at her Imperial Edict Ælirn simply needed to get away from the stress and anxiety of her nation's internal politics, even if only for a day. And this promised to be a fascinating trip; getting a chance to see something that few people outside of a foreign nation ever got to see? Especially something such as a coronation? It could quite literally be a once-in-a-lifetime chance. Ælirn was dressed in garb that was quite typical for her; a long flowing skirt and an embroidered top that left her midriff bare to expose the sun-and-serpent design scarred onto her stomach. She'd had it designed specifically for this, and it was not something she'd ever wear while at home in Xæth lest she look like some sort of edgy and rebellious teenager as the whole ensemble was pure white. Pure white cloth, white embroidery, and white-gold jewelry studded with white diamonds. In her homeland white was often associated with death and usually worn during mourning, which was why she thought it somewhat appropriate to wear to the coronation of what Ælirn saw as essentially the High Priestess of a Goddess of Death.

She was pleased to see King David, Queen Klara, and Empress Beatrice present at the event as well, although she wasn't sure how to feel about the presence of Alya. She had nothing against the woman herself of course but their nations were not on the friendliest of terms. When she saw that several other attendees had brought gifts, however, Ælirn racked her brain trying to make sure that hadn't been required. She didn't think it was. If it was, nobody had told her. If it was, somebody was losing their fucking job. But Ælirn smiled at Wrex, "We have a gift of sorts as well, although not for the Ascendant. When the Empress visits a foreign nation, it is tradition that she makes an offering of a small gift to the local deity or deities. If at some point we could present it, or if we should simply hand it off to the Ascendant or someone else, please let us know."

Ælirn had no qualms about going through the purification ritual, she had undergone a similar process in Lodja and who was she to argue with the beliefs of the native faith? Although she was mildly embarrassed when she realized only as she was about to be 'purified' that the head chain she wore would be in the way, and she had to remove it without looking flustered or hurried. She did notice the Tamoran Empress and her objections, but she did her best not to pay her any mind. It made absolutely no sense to Ælirn, for whom religion was simply another part of a nation's culture. It was like visiting a foreign nation and refusing to eat the local food and demanding they make you food from your homeland. At least Alya was polite about it.

Once they had traveled beyond, Ælirn was so enthralled gazing at the stained glass and the grand paintings that she almost missed the offer to ask questions. She had several running through her head, but she decided to start simple, "This crypt, who specifically is interred here?"

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lodja/Kaitaine
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2019, 11:26:41 AM »
Stasya sensed David bristle a little as Beatrice and the Rokkenjimans entered. She understand his attitude towards her but also sensed an opportunity. While to her lover she may be a Cultist at heart she was in fact a child of no real faith if it got in the way of her or her families advancements. Imagine then the possibilities of being known as the family that helped bring the Rokkenjimans and the Morelanders back to the ways of old. One of her last acts as a Lady in Waiting was even to help foster an agreement between Lodja and Rokkenjima with a little piece extra on the side for her family. As David busied himself with Queen Klara Stasya slipped her hold from his arm and headed over towards the Empress. She bowed slightly, "Your Imperial Majesty" she said with a smile. "I was wondering where the zoning process for that Shrine to Sessifet stood?" She asked in a voice loud enough for her own Queen to hear. "I must also say my brother is looking forward to spending his time observing your Navy." Stasya was merely reminding Beatrice that she had fully recalled the deal they struck, two small measures to advance the Pelagiya family name while at the same time she would do what she could to smooth things over with King David. "Perhaps once the formalities are done we can catch up and you can tell me what my little brother should expect"

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2019, 01:06:33 PM »
It was perhaps an unexpected group that had been dispatched to attend on Achkaerin's behalf, normally such occasions would have seen a member of the Royal family attend but between prior engagements, military service deployments and exams there were none available so at short notice the responsibility had been handed to Olivia Leonidas, the Marqueeza of the city of Avalon and the lands that had once comprised the old Kingdom of Silverlea. She was the youngest of the 'title holders' in the Achkaerinese nobility (once you took the Royals off the list). The reason for the last minute arrival was that she'd been giving a speech to the Council in Avalon which had lasted a little bit longer than she'd expected, but she was here now and that was what mattered. She hadn't come alone bringing her sister Maia with her.

"Olivia Leonidas, Marqueeza of Silverlea." Olivia said introducing herself to their host "My sister Maia."
"Nice to meet you." Maia said

The purification ritual didn't really bother them, it wasn't that different to the one in Lodja after all. Though they did both grin a little when Stasya raised her voice. Olivia scanned the room with her eyes, King David and Baronetess Stasya or rather the most likely next Queen of East Moreland, Queen Klara of Lodja as well. Empress Beatrice's attendance at least meant there'd be no head scratching moments coming out of Rokkenjima for the day, the Tamoran's well that was awkward but given what she'd watched unfold in front of her it wasn't quite as awkward for her as it potentially was for others. As for the hosts, a nation they didn't know much about but that was why they were here, Maia had the gifts for the Ascendant in her bag for later. Lastly there was Xaeth a nation ruled by a young Empress a little bit younger than the two Leonidas's, so at least there was someone in their age range here, and someone who asked some good questions. In truth Olivia half suspected that the Empress of Xaeth would get on well with at least one other member of the Achkaerinese nobility she could think of.

Offline Rhodes

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Seaforth
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2019, 07:09:01 PM »

King Andrew felt the cool on his forehead as a slight draft dried the rosewater from the purification ceremony. Tucked under one arm was an ornate wooden box, containing the traditional Seaforthian gift to heads of state. Grasping his other hand was Camryn Hopkins, looking slightly uneasy as they entered the Black Crypt. Andrew smiled to himself, once again she was braving the international scene for his benefit...he really should marry that girl. Andrew started slightly as he heard a motherly voice speak in heavily accented Mhorish. "No shit."

Offline Persephone

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2019, 08:38:42 PM »
OOC: Feel free to still join, just act as though you've been here all along.

Wrex greeted Alya much in the same way he did with the other outsiders. He noticed the gloves on her hands and made sure to give her personal space. He wasn't sure if it was a religious reason and didn't want to offend. But he knew Manist could be quite strict, not that he minded. So was Necrova. He direct one of the attendants to take the painting and assured Alya that the Ascendant would receive it without issue.   

He then greeted the Rokkenjimans next. "It is my pleasure to welcome you Empress, Crown Princess, and Governor." He winced slightly as they walked inside. Nyx wasn't completely ignorant of what occurred outside its borders, so he knew that not all of the guests were on the best of terms. The Coalition would be respectful to all today, the guests own political grudges were on them.

Next was Empress Ælirn. He bowed deeply to her head nod. Her unique garb caught his eye, and he was fascinated by her scar- the Nythymn had a similar practices.

Closing up the group was the Achkaerin delegation. The Suzerain greeted and ushered them inside with the rest.

The purification ritual almost went off without a hitch. When Alya spoke up, the lead attendant froze for a second. He motioned over for another servant and whispered something in their ear before they hurried off. He walked over to Alya. "I completely understand. We have taken certain precautions in the event of this occurring."  As if one cue, the servant returned and held out a gloved hand, in the middle of his palm an islamic rosary with a crescent moon attached. "We can not guarantee the safety and purity of your soul without the purification, but you can chance the protection of your own god. I doubt they would fail to honor one as devout as you."

With that the lead attendant returned to his position at the head of the room and completed the purification by uttering the holy incantation. As he led them down the hallway to the staircase, he answered the questions in the order they were asked, starting with Klara's.

"The pattens are ancient holy script. The runes inside the circles are the letters of Celestial, the language of the Gods. A mostly dead language, only really used in religious ceremony. We use circles for a number of rituals and religious events, including certain prayers. Specific patterns mean specific things. The ones used on you are a combination of ancient archaic circles. The main base is the same that any believer must go through to view the Crowning, but it is combined with a protection spell for unbelievers. The ceremony is very powerful, in a sense part of the Goddess spirit will enter the ritual chamber. If your bodies are not properly shielded, your souls could be corrupted. That is something we would dearly hope to avoid. In simple manners I believe a direct translation of the runes in the circle would be...'Oh Lord of Death, please grace this one with mercy and do not feast upon them.'" The attendant smiled. While the outsiders may not buy into it, this was a matter of the upmost importance to the Black Crypt.

Ælirn's question was next, and an extremely insightful one. "There is a forbidden room hidden within the Crypt. The room is said to contain a direct portal to the realm of death- Necra's kingdom. A number of holy figures are said to have gone through this portal, although none have ever returned. So this is a Crypt for them. There also are the bodies of the Avatars. The Necrova is descended from the Pantheon of the Hallowed. There are actually 9 Gods, but we chose to focus more on one. Our Gods can walk among the earth, but to do so they must create a vessel- a human body to contain part of their spirit. These are known as Avatars. Anyone can claim to be an Avatar, but if provide by the church they are known as Sanctified. The Black Crypt has a room filled with the bodies of Sanctified Avatars of both Necra and Reaver, another God. Reaver is special because Necra is deeply and utter in love with them. But there is a tragedy to this. Reaver is the God of Madness, a shapeshifter who has forgotten their true form. As such, Reaver has spend thousands of years living different lives hoping to regain their memory. All the while, Necra waits along and forgotten. It is the hope of Necra's followers that by entombing the bodies of their Avatars together, we might bring their souls together once again."

It was at this point that they reached the staircase. It was narrow and spiralled upwards. They only had to climb two flights up. The attendant answered any final questions before they reached the ritual chamber.

The ritual chamber was a large mostly empty room. Along the wall to the right was a huge stack of gifts and presents. Those that the foreigners had given to the attendants were among them. "If anyone is still carrying a gift for the Ascendant, I would direct them to place it among the pile."

There were a number of simple wooden chairs in rows to the left. Among them were five individuals, the current Coalition Delegation, minus the Suzerain who was likely on his way up now. There was the beautiful and young Vaticinator Vizla. She wore a thin lace cloth around her eyes, covering them but not obstructing her view. In her arms, was a baby girl, dressed in the finest and riches silks along with golden jewels- Empress Qi'rrow. Next to her was Archdruid Iaxxodril. He was a thin and man, wearing simple black robes. Rounding up the group was Matriarch Arre’a and Ionia Maar Velkin. The Matriarch was wearing a massive black dress, her face obscured by a lace veil. Velkin was dressed in ceremonial combat armor. He wore thin leather amor around his legs, his stomach and chest exposed, save for a leather harness. His body was covered in intricate purple paint.

The attendant led the foreigners towards the chairs, "While you meet Suzerain Wrex outside, here is the rest of the Coalition Delegation- Empress Qi'rrow, Vaticinator Vizla, Archdruid Iaxxodril, Matriarch Arre'a and Ionia Maar Velkin." The Delegates all bowed when named, except the Empress of course. It was at that moment that the Suzerain entered. "It seems the ceremony is about to begin, if you would all take your seats." The attendant hurried out of the room, closed the door on his way out.

It was then the the foreigners began to notice the bundle in the center of the room. There was a black lace cloth covering something crumpled on the ground. The bundle was in the center of another massive circle, this one dwarfing the purification ones from earlier. And instead of having been drawn with chalk, it was carved out of the stone floor. Also, along the edge of the circle were five black goblets, equally placed apart. Those with the strongest eyesight might have realized that the bundle on the floor was actually a woman. She was wearing a long white skirt and no shirt, although the cloth provided enough coverage to ease the more prudish. There was a long silence, broken only by a cry from the Empress, who was quickly silence by the Vaticinator.

Then the woman in the circle began chanting, her voice was barely a whisper and it was impossible to make out the distinct words. Although her chant was in Celestial, and none of the foreigners would have been able to understand anyways. She slowly began to rise from the ground as five figures approached from out of the darkness. They each took a position next to one of the black goblets. Normally this part of the ceremony would take place in Lower Vir, the common language of the Coalition. But for the sake of the the guest they had changed it to english. The woman- Natrax turned her back to the audience and dropped the cloth around her.

"Necra I ask to be deemed worthy."

At this moment the five figures each produced a knife. In turn they cut their arms and let the blood drip into the goblet before them. As the goblets overfilled with blood, the blood began to drip into the circle, slowly running along the little tunnel carved into the ground. Once the circle was fulled cover in blood, the first of the figures pick up his goblet and approached Natrax.

"I am the Highborn. My blood is pure and rich. May it grant you the nobility necessary to lead this nation." With that he tipped his goblet and Natrax dank his blood. This continued until she had sampled from all five.

"I am the Azrul. May my blood grant you the reverence necessary to lead this nation."

"I am the Vi. May my blood grant you the foresight necessary to lead this nation."

"I am the Agni. May my blood grant you the pain necessary to lead this nation."

"I am the Jerlic. My blood is impure and unholy. May it grant you the conflict necessary to lead this nation."

With the last one, the figures reached back into the darkness, taking their goblets with them. Natrax knelt down, her back still to the onlookers.

"Natrax... Do you believe yourself worth?" The voice came from across the room. There was figure, standing just at the edge of the shadow. His features impossible to make out.

"Yes." Natrax' voice was strong and without hint of hesitation.

"Do you believe yourself beloved by Necra?"

"Yes."

"We shall see." The figure crossed out of the shadows and walked towards Natrax. He carried with him a longsword. "What do you offer the Goddess of Death as payment for her blessing?"

Again, without hesitation Natrax held out her right arm, her dominant arm. "A worthy sacrifice. We shall see if she accepts." The figure crouched down and picked the black cloth from the ground, wrapping it around Natrax' arm. He then produced a match and lit the cloth on fire. Natrax shuddered from the pain. All could see her back tense from trying to control her urge to put out the flames. The smell of charred flesh began to fill the room. Then the man brought his longsword down with all his strength and speed, completely severing Natrax' arm. She screamed out in pain and it continued to burn on the ground. Natrax began to vomit as the man picked her up and carried her out of the room.

There was silence for quite some time. Then Vizla stood. "Now we wait to see if Necra will take her soul or allow Natrax to remain alive to do her bidding in Mundus."

Offline Xaeth

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2019, 09:47:14 PM »
Ælirn listened intently to the lead attendant's explanation of the Black Crypt, doing what she could to hear every word. It was an interesting tale to be sure and Ælirn was always happy to learn about others myths and legends. Once she arrived in the ritual chamber she gave a polite nod to the assembled Delegates as they were introduced, find it rather fascinating that there was an infant holding the title of Empress. She hoped Imperial succession was just atypical, as the other option was the young death of the previous Empress which was always sad to hear about. But afterwards Ælirn quickly took her seat and sat rapt with attention at the scene unfolding before her. As the ceremony continued on to the blood-letting and blood-drinking, she found it revolting at first. But Ælirn realized that was more of a gut reaction, and it really didn't bother her overmuch. And she appreciated the unity that it seemed to represent and symbolize with the offering of blood from each of the castes of their society.

Then as the ceremony continued, Ælirn's eyes widened as the man lit the cloth around Natrax's arm on fire. And she was so taken off-guard that what happened next didn't even register when Natrax screamed in pain. Ælirn spent what felt like forever staring at the stump where Natrax's arm had been, although it could not have truly been more than a few scant seconds. And it wasn't until Natrax was already gone that it fully hit Ælirn what she had just witnessed. She stared at where Natrax had sat as she opened and closed her mouth several times, but no words came bidden to her tongue. Her arm. They cut off her fucking arm! Why the fuck did they cut off her arm? Why did I just watch them cut off her fucking arm?! came Ælirn's thought in rapid succession as her brain still tried to process it. Then finally words just spilled forth, perhaps with a bit less tact than usual, "So... Why did I just watch a woman get dismembered?"

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2019, 09:48:54 PM »
At the sight of the blood letting David showed little concern, his own finger ends were criss crossed with endless scars from various rituals back home, sword ceremonies required blood, as did those at the Feast of Jekar and of course Marissa. The sheer amount of blood however was a concern, a goblet full was rather extreme. However when the arm being cut off came into play he tensed hoping that it would be some kind of symbolic gesture and the blow missing the arm at the last moment, almost like a test of trust. Behind him he heard a high pitched squeal from the Queen of Lodja as well as gasps among the Ladies in Waiting, it was only as blood dripped onto the floor however he noticed Stasya turning pale and then seeming to slump. David caught her and gently lowered her to the floor. He wanted to say something, ask if the people here were insane, he appreciated symbolism in ceremonies but removing someones arm was a little too far in his view. He looked around at the hosts before helping Stasya back to her feet her eyes still glazed. "I think I had better take the Baronetess outside" he said turning and heading out of the room and back past the stack of gifts. He noticed the leather bound book that was there he'd placed earlier and the irony kind of funny and couldn't help but smile a little. It had become tradition for the Morelanders to present new leaders with a meaningful book when they assumed power, and for this particular visit David had selected a book called Peter and Wendy, the original Peter Pan story. In David's mind it had been a fitting book about the need to accept responsibility and his handwritten note on the inside alluded to it. The fact its arch villian had a missing hand now seemed rather amusing to him in some way.

Klara and her Ladies huddled at the back of the hall, she couldn't look away. It was like some kind of car crash in the fact that she knew she shouldn't look but a grim fascination crept in. It was the first time she'd seen someone lose so much blood. She'd seen her fair share of Polo accidents and head wounds from those but never so much in one place. It even made her recall her own coronation where she had drank human ashes, it kind of paled into insignificance. She noticed Anna was stood her hand over her mouth heaving slightly at the thought of what they'd just witnessed, Tonya and Zhenya hugged each other crying slightly. It was only Jasmina who seemed rather composed, she'd grown up on a country estate and had a father obsessed with hunting and as such had been around severed animal limbs and blood all her life, as the shock of the scene faded she found herself unnervingly unworried by the gore in front of her. "Your Divine Majesty" she whispered to the Queen. "I think perhaps we should ask where we go now." Klara just nodded silently still in shock, Jasmina thought for a moment or two. "Where would you like us to wait" she said nervously, not really thinking before she spoke and now not certain she wanted to know the answer.

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2019, 10:45:32 PM »
The Krimeonite Imperial couple also had a tradition of handing over a symbolic gift to new leaders in Power, and in this particular case it wasn't an exception at all. Before making their way to the designated seats, Axel and Elena placed a package containing a book with the cover title 'Veritas Vincit' or 'Truth Prevails'. Besides being the traditional motto of the Imperial Family, it was derived from the famous philosopher Jan Hus' phrase "Seek the truth, hear the truth, learn the truth, love the truth, speak the truth, hold the truth and defend the truth until death", the book in this regard discussed about the concepts of different types of truth and how one could relate to it all, which may have come handy to a ruler whose important duty included safeguarding it.

Holding hands and looking right into one another's eyes, the Imperial Couple finally sat down and didn't wait long enough to witness the events unfolded in front of every attendée. The initial ceremony containing smidgens of blood didn't particular frighten Axel or Elena, though both assumed that something didn't completely feel right at all, their gut instinct already indicated to them right from the start when they received rose water on their foreheads. "Why do I have a bad feeling about this…?" the Emperor said whispering to his wife; that bad feeling would've become worse when they reached the stage of Naxtrax's arm getting burned and then chopped off, herself exiting as she cried and screamed in pain, the vomit making a trail as she was taken out of action.

The Krimeonite entourage couldn't at first comprehend as to what they just witnessed, shock fully encapsulating the Imperial Couple; limbs and such wouldn't have normally done so considering the amount of hunting involved included slicing off animal parts, but this was taken to a whole new level of insanity and monstrosity, as if they were watching or rather part of a horror movie that turned into reality. "What kind of black sorcery is this?!" Axel exclaimed as he broke silence, rising up from his chair in extreme displeasure and digust, though he equally slumped into his chair quickly, feeling nauseated: "Oh God...No...No...No!".

"Are you alright my love, you'd like to use the bathroom?" Elena asked him, placing her arms around him and trying offer best possible calm and comfort. "I just...just...just want a Priest...A FUCKING PRIEST GOD DAMMIT!" Emperor Axel surprised anyone sitting or standing close to him. Taking out his rosary he carried in the pocket, he began to pray to the Divine. Empress Elena became distraught as she saw her husband fall into a panic mode; she knew what he was thinking about: the great fear that they basically entered the Den of Devil Worshippers practicing Black Magic of sorts. "Calm down, don't overreact now, I'm sure it's expl-..." before she could continue however, Axel frantically tried to wipe off any remnant of that rose water on the forehead with a napkin. "GET THIS SATANIC LIQUID OFF OF ME, OH OUR DIVINE LORD IN HEAVEN, PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR HAVING PARTAKEN IN THIS CEREMONY OF MAMMON...!"

An aide appeared right beside them and asked if there was anything he could do. "Just fetch our priest...NOW!" Elena told him still holding dear of her husband, although she let an additional aid take care of that for now, as she instead stood up and demanded answers. "I would like for our hosts to explain what in Mundus has just transpired?! You think chopping off limbs here and there wouldn't cause distress to anyone of us?! For goodness sake's take a look around you!" she said referring to the other guests who either felt disgusted, nauseous or even fainted after witnessing horror display of blood sacrifice. As she turned around, the Emperor was already lying on the ground still uttering words that completely showed how much of a devoted man of Catholicism he was, water being poured down his throat through a bottle with the help of an aid and the buttons of his shirt loosened up. "Anti-Christ...Satan...Devil...Posessed..."

"Just calm down, you're not posessed you old fool!...Where's that priest that we need..." she could only sigh whilst feeling embarrassed in terms of her husband's reaction, as their bodyguards didn't draw their guns yet but simply held their hands unto the holsters.

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2019, 11:25:06 PM »
It was probably her training and life experience but while others were shocked a little at what unfolded in front of them Maia didn't bat an eye, in truth she'd seen worse and had done worse. Maia sighed a little once the moment had passed, in the same way that she did after finishing a job in the field. By comparison Olivia had looked away and was certainly the more shaken of the two though she did hide it well, but Maia was her sister there was no hiding it from her.

"Mum right?" Maia asked noticing the look in Olivia's eyes, it had been about nine years earlier that their mother had been assassinated while opening the city of Avalon, Olivia had been there when it had happened and the event had left its invisible scars on the elder of the two, Maia had been in school on the day so hadn't seen it.

"Yeah you don't forget that sort of thing." Olivia said, she looked over to where the Krimeonites were in hysterics, she shook her head in disbelief "Remind me to make sure he's never around for any of the religious ceremonies back home."

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2019, 07:24:35 AM »
"Lady Stasya," Beatrice said as she returned her bow, "May I say you look more regal each time we meet. I have not forgotten about the zoning process, however, I did have to insert myself into local politics regarding some of the specifics, as usual the Abruscato Family tries to conduct itself with the gravity of clout they lost a generation ago. All I require from you now is an address where I may send the deed, and perhaps a Lodjan ambassador with whom I may jointly announce its construction."

Pausing, she continued. "Actually Rowe has told me how he so looks forward to his presence, I believe he has some designs in mind involving the Home and Kyne Fleets last we spoke. We may explore those when the time presents itself, however." She then handed her a card, "My personal number, for the address of course."

The scene playing out before Beatrice had brought to mind flashbacks of Lucinda's incident, was there more blood in that room she wondered. Instinctively she had guarded Adriana's eyes and ears though, to be honest, her YouTube history had her perhaps less concerned than she otherwise would be. The display of the Krimeonites actually brought her more concern, as she had found a person in such a panic could be a danger to themselves as well as those around them. Beatrice, Adriana and Lucretia made their way toward King Andrew, "I'm not quite sure what to think at this moment, but I don't believe I've ever been party to a function comparable to this. At least we've composure going for us, yes?"

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2019, 10:17:54 AM »
"Apologies for my husband everyone...he takes his faith rather seriously as you can see...perhaps a bit too much" Elena said rather sternly looking at her husband behaving erratically and she could see on the other faces that his scence caused annoying disturbances; to think this was the man she truly loved and married twenty-six years ago and produced three children in the process. As much as she didn't like her husband's outburst, she took great pity in his sorry state and she hoped it would've been a thing of the past. She was about to sit down again when their expected person of importance finally arrived.

"Excuse me...make way please, incoming priest needed of his services...and kindly refrain from placing your hands on your holsters, no need for such threatening gestures, dear Lord." the priest said, as he shoveled a few guards out of his path, looking exhausted considering he didn't get much sleep on the plane as they travelled from Krimeon. "Oh Father Walther, glad to see you here...kindly help getting the Emperor's proper sense back into action?" Elena asked sarcastically, knowing that this episode would be over soon, for the betterment of everyone. "No worries my dear Apostolic Majesty, I'm rather used to this…" he said returning the same attitude, with both of them having the same thoughts. Father Walther Hertzberg happened to be a close friend with the Poniatowski-Esterházy family, working in conjunction with the Imperial Court when it came to promoting the Catholic faith and especially amongst the Youth of Krimeon. It was always customary for a priest to accompany the Imperial Couple for events such as these, no matter how bizarre they were.

"Anti-Christ...Satan...Devil...Posessed..." poor Emperor Axel continued to spurt out his delusions, lying on his back on the floor like a wounded dog, thinking that his pathway to Heaven was forever sealed.

"It's alright thanks, I'll take over from here." the Father informed the Aide, the latter stepping aside for the lordly servant to do his duty. "Your Apostolic Majesty, let me just state bluntly that what you're currently doing is rather ridiculous and weakhearted. I do agree that evil energy and spirits exists in this very room, but rest assured that you're definitely not posessed and that rose water didn't contain any Satanic spell that we know of. For crying out loud, you're a direct descendant and grandson of Blessed (Emperor) Michael II, and what we all know is that he would never give up like this easily to evil and certainly not give in to these outrageous reactions, even your father was a strongwilled and placed his entire fath unto God. You should feel Confident and encouraged that Blessed Michael is currently watching and shielding you from any Devilish harm...*Sigh*...You even waved your Dick in front of the Iwi King and that was brave...and perhaps a bit too much of an unorthodox way of greeting someone...But. Oh let's just pray! In Nomine Patris, et Fili et Spiritus Sancti..."

A sign of the cross, accompanying prayers with the rosary and sprinkles of holy water from the flask aided the Emperor to calm down and return to his former, sensible sense. The Empress and Father Walther aided the Emperor on his feet once more, putting on his buttons and wiping dust particles that edged themselves unto his suit. "Thank you Father for giving me the courage and depriving me of this unnecessary fear you're right, I almost forgot that Blessed Michael, all the other Saints and our Heavenly Lord and Saviour will never lose their love and protection for me and my family, as long as I honor their memory and cherish them equally...Please accompany us for the rest of this Coronation." he told the Father, shaking his hand and even hugging him, the latter nodding.

"It's alright everyone, I'm Ok now, no need to be afraid or anything...I certainly don't bite! hehehe…" the Emperor exclaimed awkwardly, though he realised that his mouth better be lowered and perhaps refrain from speaking before thinking straight. Elena and Walther could only shake their heads, as their guards looked at each other with atonishment.

Offline Persephone

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2019, 11:33:10 AM »
Vizla looked at the sight in front of her in disbelief. She knew outsiders were different, but she hadn’t expected them to be so squeamish. And the outburst by the Krimeonite Emperor was just childish. To think such a weak man ruled over an entire nation. Vizla made a mental note to keep that in mind, he’d be easy to strongarm in the future. And to make matters worse, he had upset the little Empress. Vizla tried to comfort the baby in her arms to little success. She felt her face become flush with rage and heat. She was about to let her displease be known but before she could continue, Wrex touched her shoulder.

“Allow me to handle this please.” Vizla nodded and walked away from the outsiders. Her rage still boiling.  Wrex cleared his throat as Velkin helped the Matriarch up and out of the room. Vizla swore she could hear the Matriarch giggling under her veil. These foreigners were a pitiful breed indeed. Wrex would ever be the diplomat and peacekeeper. Vizla was glad for it, for once. She wanted no part of it. She managed to quiet Qi’rrow’s crying for Wrex to speak.

“If you’ll forgive our ignorance. It seems there is a bit of a difference between cultural customs between all of us. Normally the bodily sacrifice is much smaller- a finger or a hand. But it seems our possible Ascendant is very dedicated. No Nythymn would ever be sickened by such a sight through, but you are not Nythymn. We did not expect or mean to cause such alarm. I apologize for that; in hindsight it was foolish. But we had no reason to think there would be such a gap between us.”

As Wrex spoke, Vizla took pity on the outsiders. She motioned to an attendant and ordered them to prepare another room for the guests. Normally they would wait for word on Natrax’ condition in this same room. The Lodjan’s question made it apparent that wasn’t the best of ideas. She had gotten the little Empress to calm down and the baby began to giggle, a sharp contrast to the feeling of dread in the air.

“As to why, as Empress Ælirn so simply put it, did you just watch a woman get dismembered, the Ascendant speaks directly to Necra. In order to forge that connection, a piece of them must be sent to the realm of death. In addition, they must receive Necra’s blessing. Normally, to die and join Necra is considered her greatest blessing. But this ritual reverse that. If one is deemed worthy of speaking for the Goddess on Mundus, they must survive and overcome death. They must be denied by Necra.”

The attendant re-entered and nodded to Vizla. That was much faster than it should have taken, and Vizla wondered if the Matriarch must have had a similar idea.  Vizla walked over and stood next to Wrex. “The waiting room is ready, if you’d all follow our servant by the door.” Wrex moved first leading everyone. Vizla waited and brought up the rear. The walk wasn’t very far, maybe two minutes at most.

During the walk Vizla approached Axel. She still thought he was a joke of a ruler, and probably he would never be redeemed in her eyes. Still, Vizla was adept at pretending to make nice. “Emperor, I apologize for the distress from earlier. But I would like to assure you, this was no Satanic ritual. The devil of your faith has no power here, this is not his place.” Even now, she could barely stand to look Axel in the eyes. Instead she focused her attention on the little Empress, who was quietly sucking on Vizla’s pointer finger.

The party entered a large ballroom. There was the music from a woman playing a harp softly wafting through the air. There were a number of chairs and tables scattered across the room and a long table with numerous filled glasses against the back wall. There seemed to be an endless collection of different drinks. Vizla looked at them in wonder- many were likely alcohol. Nythymn didn’t drink. It was sort of a soft religious rule, while never explicitly stated as a sin, most considered it to be. This was her first time ever seeing it in person. With the exception of the wide variety of different looks, it was mostly a letdown. She had heard that the Crypt was importing a wide variety of liquors, wines and even beers from across Mundus to accommodate the world leaders. A lot of money had been spent on acquiring the finest vintages. Hopefully it would calm everyone’s nerves.

Wrex invited everyone in. “It is unsure how long it will be before Natrax has recovered from her- erm- her trials. Tradition dictates that no member of the Coalition Delegation can sleep until we receive word. Although it usually is only a few hours at most. I invite everyone to relax and enjoy each other’s company while we wait. There is a bar in the back, and if you desire anything else please let one of the attendants know. Dinner will be served in about an hour.”

With that Wrex and Iaxxodril took seats at an empty table together. The Matriarch and the Ionia Maar were already seated at another. Vizla sat with the young Empress alone. The division was deliberate- they wanted to ensure that a number of private conversations could be held, should any foreigner desire it. 

Offline Xaeth

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2019, 12:40:18 PM »
Ælirn couldn't help but stare at Axel as he had his religious outburst, as she could have never imagined a foreign Head-of-State acting in such a manner at a diplomatic event. She was in shock over the ritual, but you didn't see her rolling around on the floor claiming it was "evil". Ælirn would reserve her judgement on the morality of the ritual until she knew more about it. But she did feel bad for Elena, what with her husband making an abject fool of himself and by extension their entire nation. And as Wrex explained the ritual, Ælirn started calming down. It did make some measure of sense, and more importantly thinking about the symbolism of it helped distract her from the reality of what she had just witnessed. Regardless, Ælirn was immensely happy to leave the room as the smell of vomit and cooked meat was starting to make her feel ill. She quickly acquired a glass of water before scanning the room and trying to figure out to whom she should speak. She'd like to speak to one of those present whom she knew and was familiar with, but she thought that perhaps she should speak with one of her hosts. And she was still interested in the culture of the Nythymn; if anything the strangeness and morbidity of it fascinated her even more.

"Xitaar, Suzerain. Archdruid," she said, nodding politely to each in turn as she greeted them, "We had some questions, if you did not mind."

Taking a seat after they replied, Ælirn took a sip of her water before speaking again. The nausea had starting to go away, but it had left the memory of the smell of cooking meat fresh in her mind. And although the Empress would never admit it, the smell made her hungry. And that was a fact that gave Ælirn anxiety, which made her nauseous. Resulting in her now being both hungry and nauseous, probably the worst combination of gut feelings possible. But at least Ælirn had grown up having to deal with stress-nauseous and had gotten immensely skilled at hiding it and putting on a front.

"We are curious as to what happens once Natrax recovers. And, as we mentioned earlier, we do have something we would like to gift? Offer? To Necra, as befitting Xæthoon tradition," it was at this point that Ælirn pulled the gift from where she had been keeping it in her clothing. It was a simple object: a sheet of pure white, high-quality silk about the size of a man when unfurled but currently folded up for ease of transportation, "If at some point we could present it to a shrine or the like or, as we know some faiths are touchy about 'nonbelievers', we could hand it off to someone to present it on our behalf we would be most grateful."

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2019, 01:24:35 PM »
"I think it would be the best if we both spoke to our Nyxian hosts; I'll handle the Empress and Vizla, whilst you can approach the Matriarch and the Ionia Maar." Axel said as he entered the ball room with his wife, grabbing a drink from one of the serving tables.

"That's the best decision you've ever proposed thus far in this event...God, I need another drink." Elena drank up one glass in one go before acquiring a new one.

"I'll simply stay in the background though am avaiilable in case someone needs me...and I suppose one cocktail or two wouldn't hurt." Walther said.

Taking a deep breath, Axel had to redeem himself as much as possible in this moment. The Emperor may not be any longer the chief executive, but he was still considered to be "the symbol of the State and of the unity of the people" according to the revised Constitution, and as such it was evidently clear that he didn't any strength or unity whatsoever. Slowly but surely he approached the little baby Empress and her caretaker as they sat there waiting for anyone. "Greetings Vaticinator Vizla and Empress Qi’rrow...May I?" Axel took a seat after being granted approval to have the Nyxian duo as company. "I would like to first sincerely out of my heart and soul apologize for my overexagerated reaction to your bloodletting ceremony and for causing distress with the dear Empress here. As much as I'm deeply regretful over what had transpired, please do understand that as mentioned before, our great cultural peculiarities are quite different and the views in regards to sacrifice vary considerably." he paused, drinking a bit before continuing.

"I stripped myself naked in front of King Piripi of the Iwi, even revealing my manhood to him. I know it sounds out of proportion, outright silly and showing extreme disrespecton one hand, on ther other however it would have been considered to be a sign of humility and a great sacrifice for someone such as myself, me being a Head of State being forced on the knees in the dirt in front of his foreign equivalent. What I'm trying to say that I learned more about their culture as time progressed and I came to respect and admire it entirely, as well as learning from my past mistakes. I hope in time I shall show the same attitude as well towards your own without holding any reservations, no matter how long that would take and I'm thus telling you that I'm open to learn more about it, and vice versa. As for the Krimeonite gift that was to be given to the little Empress here...well you'll see it once it's opened of course and certainly it may be a bit too mature for her current age, however it's our hope that once she's older she'll take the opportunity to read it and take great lessons from there, which reminds me that I would need to do some reading as well when it comes to the concept of 'Truth'...In any case, this day is about her and certainly not all about me. I would like to ask about your role in her upbringing and how you fit in all of this, Vaticinator Vizla, as well as the Empress' future plans if there are any currently planned?" he politely said, trying his best to show that the Emperor they were talking to wasn't the same man as before. "I suppose it's the Suzerain that one should speak to in terms of political opportunities between our countries? As Emperor I have no authority in the decision makery, as it's the Chancellor wh's the nominal chief executive unlike in the past, although I can serve as a good mediator if need be." he said smiling.

"Matriarch Arre’a...Ionia Maar Velkin...May I sit with you?" Empress Elena asked taking the opportunity to get to know more about their hosts. "I would like to once more apologize for my beloved husband's outburst and the distress that he caused throughout the beginning of this day dedicated to the little Empress. Please understand that his reactions may have been out of proportion, he's nonetheless never like this at all and you can sincerely trust my words when I say that he's among the most open-minded and humble human beings out there, I mean he even revealed the private parts to the King of the Iwi for the sake of restoring relations between our countries, which didn't exactly land at the spot we're hope for but it opened up to us newer insights into a different nation's culture and vice versa." Elena paused, hoping that her reputation was better of than her husband when she talked to the hosts and that they would put trust unto her. "So Matriarch and Ionia Maar, would it be possible to kindly reveal what your roles are in the upbringing of the Empress and how you exactly fit into all of this?" This was usually what the Emperor and Empress liked to ask first, believing that it would provide a good starting conversation opener getting to know different characters they met throughout their journeys and visits.

"Also may I inquire about the events that may follow in the aftermath of Natrax's sacrifice? Hopefully she'll be alright...she's quite brave to be willing to do this I must admit." she asked curiously.

Offline yasha

• Basically New Zealand
  • probably irrelevant
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Neo Quywe Federation
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2019, 06:21:57 PM »
The Quywe Delegation appeared in a group of three. The Brilliant Speaker, the Grand General and the new Chief Financial advisor. Choosing for once to remain somewhat inconspicuous against a whole battalion of foreign diplomats. As unpleasant as the ritual had been, the trio held their tongues... and stomachs through the whole ordeal; scarification and missing fingers were common in Shishin. A whole arm lopped clean off, however. Incredible, the rituals of the Quywe dealt in blood and human sacrifice in the days of old, but the practices have long been considered outdated. Like a time capsule to an older age, those macabre practices persisted in the Nythymn.

"I'm amazed." Grand General Ianaha Hasaenori mused out loud. "By what, may I ask?" Advisor Masaharu Taera whispered back, struggling to process the last couple minutes. "All of it, I don't wish to witness such a ritual ever again. Though the Krimeonites put on an amusing show." Ianaha chuckled, watching the pair of black suited and black gloved Phoenix Guards stare down the Krimeonite security detail. "I shall ensure they aren't a threat, by my own hand if need be." The stocky Ahkabnilian guard mouthed to the Grand General. "They won't be." She mouthed back. "We'll see."

Mercifully, they were cordoned away from the scene of the ritual; the combined scent of burning flesh and bodily fluids came as a thick pungent breath of warm air. The Quywe delegation could only pretend to be comfortable for so long. Noticing Velkin and Arre’a at a table, the Grand General forcefully took the Advisor's arm and dragged him over to them. "Time to prove your worth, Taera." She muttered into his ear as she pushed him along. Uncomfortably, Taera complied, not wishing to make a scene all over again. The next group of foreigners to slip up, he wanted little for the NQF to be them, especially with himself at fault.

"Make a good impression, Taera." Junko called, to his further displeasure. "I'll be watching." In a hurry, the Grand General and Advisor appeared before the Matriarch and Ionia Maar. "O Matriarch Arre'a, O Ionia Maar Velkin; no pleasure is greater." Masaharu Taera greeted them, putting on his friendliest face. He took a deep bow then seated himself across from the Maar. "I am Chief Financial Advisor of the Neo Quywe Federation, Masaharu Taera." He went on, consciously trying to avoid gaze with his superior. "And I am Grand General Ianaha Hasaenori of the Neo Quywe Federation, the day is blessed." With that, the Grand General also took her seat, across from the Matriarch.

Refusing to reference the events having taken place minutes prior, the mid-20s Chief Financial Advisor struggled to bring up a talking point with the Nythymn. Seconds felt like minutes before the Grand General decided to break the brief silence. "Please, pardon my morbidness." The Grand General began, grinning slightly. Taera looked over, was she toying with him? "But, that ritual. How old is it?" Casually, Hasaenori removed her peaked cap and set it down. "My people were once partial to the same kind of rituals, hundreds of years ago. Men sacrificed to appease the deities of Oqantel."

Waving off her retinue of Phoenix Guard, Junko set off to Wrex's table. Her dress was a modified Himeyan one, designed to show off the Speaker's shoulders and arms, covered in tattoos and ritual scars bearing religious symbols of the Quywe Theocratic Cult. "Brilliant Speaker, Junko Kamaejikawa of the Neo Quywe Federation." She introduced herself proudly, taking a seat at the table.
something funny or offensive here

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2019, 08:26:15 AM »
David, having ensured that Stasya was recovered made his way back inside, he discovered that everyone had moved through to the ballroom, in his view a rather surreal place to head to after what they had just witnessed. He headed through to join everyone and spotting the drinks grabbed a glass of orange juice. He scanned the room looking for opportunities to speak with friends or make new ones. He would have liked to have spoken first with the hosts but with all three of their pairings tied up with Krimeon and Quywe he would have to go elsewhere. He began looking for King Andrew as he'd seen him earlier with Sir Charles' grand-daughter. He'd meet her once or twice through Palace functions when his daughter's sword master had brought his family along. He was also keeping an eye out for the Lodjains, he'd remembered seeing them clinging to each other at the back as he had taken Stasya outside to get some fresh air. HE appreciated the fact that their delegation was in fact rather young, he believed Anna to be the oldest and from memory he believed she had only just turned 30, the Queen was still a teenager and the other Ladies barely out their teens themselves. The there was Ælirn from Xaeth, they'd meet once or twice and so that too would be familiar ground and would be a nice little catch up.

Instead David determined that he would take a moment, let the chaos of the last few minutes subside and enjoy his drink while watching the room.

Offline Persephone

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2019, 03:43:09 PM »
As the Empress greeted them, Iaxxodril motioned for her to take a seat. He smiled warmly at the mention of a gift for Necra. "Empress you are a lucky one. According to Wrex most brought gifts for the Ascendant. We were just discussing the potential catastrophe at hand. Given how well our last showing of Necrova traditions just went, I'm a little afraid for this one. You see, an Ascendant is not allowed to enjoy the present of any gift in this life. As such, they must all be burned and sent to the Realm of Death, where they can serve her in the next life. But a gift for Necra is a different matter entirely, isn't it love." The Archdruid laughed. He did not maintain the normal demeanor of an Archdruid, or even of a high ranking politician for that matter. He was extremely friendly and casual. Much to the annoyance of the Suzerain. "As to presenting it to her... either way works. There are shrines open to outsiders, or we can take care of it ourselves. It's really a matter of preference. I'd be happy to escort you myself. There is a shrine not far from here. May I ask the significance of the silk you bring? After all, this is the center of the Sect. As to your concern for Natrax. If the little minx survives, there is a relatively simple crowning ceremony. I have have little doubt that she won't survive, blessed by Reaver as she is. Fear not outsider, none of the horrors from the last ritual will be present for the upcoming. We will watch the exhausted Ascendant crown their one head, say a few words before returning to the rest."

When Junko sat, Wrex gave her scars a curious look. He found it amusing that he had done the same with Ælirn earlier, and now both were before him. He gave the Archdruid a sharp look, scolding him for his casualness, before speaking. "Speaker, it is good to make your acquaintance. May I inquire about your scars? They look holy in nature. It seems very similar to practices we maintain in Nyx."

Vizla felt sick as Axel joined her. She had little stomach for playing nice, and here was the outsider she was least willing to deal with. She listened with a thin smile as he sought to redeem himself. At least he was putting on a show of strength, unlike earlier. Vizla tried to understand what it would be like to have grown up outside of Nyx- not have never seen the ritualistic bloodletting. She wondered how she might have turned out. Maybe even she would be unable to bare the sight of an Ascendant's trial. She took the book from Axel's hands as he presented it. It was far to heavy for the Empress, and Vizla set it on the table. "I thank you for this gift, as the Empress can not. I'll be sure that when she is old enough, I will personally ensure that she learns from it. My role is somewhat contrived. I grew up in isolation among the Sibyl, a clan of woman whose dreams tell them of the future. Or at least maybe they once did. If the Sibyl were gifted with Sight, it is now are rare thing. My official duties to the Coalition are to act as a guide and emissary. There are a number of regulations and rules that limit my affect. An example, is I am only allowed to speak a certain number of words during a Coalition meeting. That does not mean I am any less involved in the ruling of Nyx, I merely need to find some creative methods to pursue my political agenda. As to my role in the Empress' upbringing-  in a sense you could considered my the closest thing to a mother she has. Her father died before her birth, and her mother soon after. While normally the Suzerain would act as her guardian, I have unofficial taken the responsibilities. I am no lover of children, but our Empress is different. There is something about her that draws me in. As for her future plans, Wrex speaks with her voice until she can herself. But just like yourself, I can serve as mediator if required. In the end, any agreement must be ratified by the entire Delegation."

Velkin looked to his elder to lead. She muttered a few words in a foreign tongue. Velkin offered an explanation. "Sorry, while the Matriarch understands you, she cannot speak anything outside of Low Vir and Iriror. Although I know not a bit of the later." It was a fact that always amused the Maar. Most government meetings took place in High Vir. But the Matriarch never learned. And despite her years (she was the oldest member of the Delegation) as the head of Asuria, she still didn't. "But I'll be happy to translate anything she says."

The Matriarch responded with little tact as befitting her reputation. "Poor woman, you do not have to apologize to me for that cuck you call husband. You should be make demands of the Gods for this atrocity they have plagued you with." 

Velkin smiled trying to contain his laughter. The old lady feared no ones wrath, but he figured this was not the best way to meet an outsider. He "translated" this instead, "She accepts your apology. I am sure with continued relations between us, he will come to understand us, just as we will come to understand you." Velkin then answer Elena's question himself. "We have little to do with the Empress' upbringing. The Matriarch doesn't even reside in Erebyx with the rest of the Delegation. She instead spends her time in Asuria, our homeland. I provide her with details notes and observations of the Delegation's meetings so that she remains informed. And even I rarely deal with the Empress directly. Vizla spends the most time with her. Our poor monarch lost her parents early on. And Wrex, for all he is good for, is not a man meant to raise a child. Although a few years ago I would have said he was a better choice than the heartless Vaticinator. As for Natrax, she is indeed brave. To offer her arm to Necra, without hesitation. It is simply inspired devotion. Most Ascendant lose a finger. But not her. Naxtrax was a rather unorthodox case. She is the first Ascendant in many years to not come from the upper echelons of the Black Crypt. To be fair, none of the Delegation even knew her name prior to the Black Crypt choosing her to lead. If she survives, there will be a short ceremony before she will go back into recovery. It''ll be sometime before she is able to fully accept all the responsibilities of her station."

As the the General and Advisor joined them, the Nyxhymn waited for the foreigners to speak first. They both laughed at the mention of 'morbidness.' "General, you are among perhaps the one people that you will never have to apologize for being morbid. This ritual has stood since the found of Necrova. Before the Sect was much smaller, not even spreading across all of Erebyx. But there was always been an Ascendant to stand at the head of the Sect. As such, the ritual is over thousands of years old. It hails from a little that, as you pointed out, rituals like this were likely common across Mundus. But while others had forgotten or move on, the Nythymn have not. Our traditions are of one of grandest prides."

Offline Rhodes

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Seaforth
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2019, 10:05:22 PM »

Andrew watched stoically as the arm was severed. He felt Camryn's hand squeeze his as she restrained her physicians urge to intervene. As to Andrew himself, flashes from the Eugenics War came rolling back before his eyes. While Joshua has lead the loyalist forces from the outside, Andrew had organized the internal resistance. The crimes of the Seaforth Catholic Church were....grim...much as the insane display he had just witnessed.

A few minutes later, Andrew and Camryn found themselves sipping water and milling about. Seeing David, Camryn tugged on Andrew's arm and led him over. After making their manners, Andrew leaned in close and spoke quietly.

"It seems Mundus continues it's race to the bottom. Nuclear weapons, wanton slavery, kangaroo courts and now this...this butchery....it feels as if the Underlords are clawing their way back. How can we deal with a nation that decides its leader based on the ability to survive an intentional amputation of a healthy limb?"

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2019, 11:54:16 PM »
Under the circumstances water was the only acceptable drink as far as the Leonidas sisters were concerned, Maia was still fairly worried about Olivia, making sure that the elder sister sipped the drink carefully, only once she was satisfied that Olivia wasn't about to keel over did Maia allow her to move around a little. Not that their hosts would have known it was Olivia attending even if they were aware of the mother's death in such a similar fashion to what had just been witnessed.

"What on Mundus do I tell Peter when he asks about this country?" Olivia asked
"The truth." Maia said "It's another one that's got troubles."
"Why do I feel like Mundus is regressing more than evolving?" Olivia asked dropping her voice "Majority of nations don't take their words seriously much less do anything when stuff actually needs doing. States are so readily ignoring principles they've agreed to because they're not convenient."
"Tell him to stick to his principles." Maia said "It's all you can do."

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2019, 10:58:18 AM »
Listening intentively, Axel figured that this baby Empress of theirs had quite the attractive lure to gain a strong base of loyalty. Even if the Nyx Coalition considered their practices to be of the ordinary kind, other countries who assembled themselves in this event would see differently, on the negative side of the spectrum; they must've surely anticipated this, the fact that it wouldn't taste well with those who already transcended beyond these ancient, 'outmoded' practices. In any case, he alongside the wife were there to gain a better understanding of the Coalition and wouldn't let their prejudices continue cloud the judgements.

"You're completely right my dear Vaticinator, there's something about Qi’rrow that would melt one's own heart and soul for her entirely, if I would describe it in such a tone." he said chuckling. "As for the tragic end of her parents, let me once more offer my sincere condolences, as a child should never be deprived of them at such a young age. It reminds me of my father Emperor Michael II's early life, when his father "Blessed" Emperor Andreas, the first title he was bestowed upon by the Catholic Church due to leading a pious life and promoting peace rather than hatred in the era of Wars, died at the age of 34 when Michael was just 10. A sad fate just before the infamous Authoritarian Conservative regime came into Power and turned Krimeon into a hellhole on an unprecedented level never witnessed Before...one of the most notable aspects included the presence of concentration camps where the Pandora boxes of hatred and torment were unleashed upon everyone and anyone who opposed the regime, punishing entire families even if the majority of the members tried their best keeing their mouths shut and sparing no one…Children, Women, the Old, the Sick...you either work or even gassed to Death in these camps; barbaric Medical experiments were a thing as well. I'm sure Coalition education includes studying about the Great War, so when the combined Allied forces liberated piece by piece of Krimeon, the Mountains of starved, tortured corpses were found...A sight to never forget and my Father was one of those saw this as he joined the resistance, risking his life to fight for our freedom from opression. By God he was among the strongest men I've ever got to know, enduring the fact that Krimeon was split into two countries for a while, one free democratic under his rulership and the other under another murderous regime disguising itself under the name of Communism. He prayed day and night for 45 yrs to see the reunification as to which it eventually occur."

Axel paused to moisturize his mouth with beverage, feeling rather proud of his old man who may no longer be at his side physically but was looking down on him from heaven alongside his grandfather Blessed Andreas; he could literally feel their energy within him, knowing that there was no reason to feel afraid like before. "Michael ruled for 89 yrs and died shy of his 99 yr old birthday...the experiences and early tough life shaped him to the man he became known as, brave and just, and I can assure you that if he witnessed the blood sacrifice, he wouldn't have flinched at all." he said smiling. "As a matter of fact, there might be a chance for me to receive full redemption next year, which is the 400 yrs anniversary of the pact between the Imperial Commonwealth and the Wewazkangs tribe of Quintelia, their King being the current ruler. This type of pact was sealed through the ritual of Sandugo, meaning "one blood" in the Visayan language. The contracting parties would cut their wrists and pour their blood into a cup filled with liquid, such as wine, and drink the mixture. It has been a tradition of the Krimeonite Emperor and their High Chieftain to perform this every century, and as such I'm the lucky man of the hour so to say. Even if a more formal alliance has been set through paper documents, it's a symbolic gesture that's appreciated by both peoples, signifying the friendship and trust that exists, which is amazing despite the issues that have transpired throughout the ages. It's the reason why we consider Quintelia to be our 'greatest friend and ally'."

As he paused once more, his eyes met the Empress' own curious ones, making want to hold her and eventually he couldn't resist asking knowing fully that it wouldn't guarantee a successful outcome. "Also...I understand if you don't wish to grant this request, but would it be alright for me to hold the Empress in my arms for a short moment? If such a generous permission were to be granted, I can assure you that I would hold her dearly as if she were one of my own kids, three in fact." he asked in a confident manner.

----

Meanwhile, Elena couldn't help but giggle a little as Velkin translated what was supposedly said to her from the rather top-notch Matriarch, knowing fully that it wasn't perhaps the exact words but she didn't nonetheless feel insulted by it, on the contrary the Empress found her to be likable for some reason and that quickly too. "Oh how you remind me of my mother dear Matriarch, quite the dignified and strongminded woman she truly is..." she paused, lowering her voice slightly before continuing, "apologies for perhaps prying too much, but why did you call the Vaticinator heartless? She seems to know how to hold a baby properlyat least, right? Also I woul very much like to meet Natrax some time later, if possible, simply to commend her for the sacrifice she showed in front of everyone and the Divine." she said.

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2019, 02:42:54 PM »
David stood and extended a hand as Andrew approached. He greeted Camryn warmly, he liked her grandfather and had for a short time been romantically involved with her sister Jocelyn, the two were still friends and the budding artist was now in Royal employment. David waited for them to be seated, it was well known that David was someone who enjoyed witnessing other cultures and traditions, it had been this interest that had seen his first act as King be the formation of the Cultural Exchange Treaty Organisation what now felt like a lifetime ago. He lowered his tone to match Andrews, "What we think of this nations traditions is kind of irrelevant." He began, "I have to ask myself this, if they were really wanted to unleash something a kin to the Underlords there as big as our nations combined, they are as rich as our nations. Yet for the longest time they've sat by minding their own business in the Illumic. If they were truly hostile we'd be in a whole different world." He smiled grimly. "We all make what some nations would consider odd sacrifices." David held up his hand to Andrew, his finger tips etched with a patchwork of small scars from the blood letting involved in various sword ceremonies. "I suspect Camryn can show similar" he motioned to Andrew's girlfriend. "East Moreland culture is one dedicated around blood. Why do we wear red tunics once receiving our swords, to symbolise the blood we have shed to reach that point. Nothing is gained without blood, sweat and tears" David mused, "Just I suspect these guys go one step further. Personally I think its insane. With my historians hat on I'm fascinated by its origins. I mean the leader of a nation, a people, even tribes was expected to defend their people and well...."here David tapped his sword, "Its very hard to do that with only one arm." He thought about East Moreland's coronation where he himself had stood, red tunic on and sword in hand perched on a smooth flat rock stating East Moreland was his and challenging someone to say otherwise. He had often thought what would have happened had someone risen from the crowd and made a challenge, he was a good swordsman or at least he was before his injury, but he knew there were many better. "In life we choices. The Codes give us a path forward" David said referring to one of the Three Cultist books  "Marissa told us One who has no love in his heart will try to possess everything for himself. One who has love in his heart is ready to sacrifice everything, including his own body, for the benefit of others. I think that means we give Natrax our respect, beyond that it depends where she will lead this nation. Helus himself said we are only remembered for what we have done. So far they've done nothing other than frighten a few people and make a few people a bit queasy. Let's reserve judgement until we see how they treat their people. I think I'd like to invite them to join MICA and the Illumic Council, see where that leads, if they are in fact the Underlords we can leave things there, if they are not then we can have an even safer and strong, therefore more stable Illumic. I say we give them the benefit of the doubt as many nations have traditions outsiders find weird, I mean you guys occasionally wear skirts." He teased Andrew with a friendly smile. 

Offline Xaeth

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2019, 04:43:21 PM »
Ælirn wasn't entirely sure what to think of the Archdruid. He was... Interesting to say the least. Under most circumstances, his demeanour might have helped to put her at ease but at present the Empress didn't think there was much anyone could do to out her entirely at ease. The best she could do was keep the conversation going back and forth and focus on that. Otherwise her mind would wander, and at present Ælirn knew exactly what it'd wander its way back to. "Well then, please lead the way. We would like to present it ourselves," she managed a smile.

Once they had gotten underway, Ælirn opened her mouth and started talking again. "You wanted to know about the silk, yes? It's... We do not think there is a word for it in this language, at least not one that we know. It is a part of most Xæthoon funerary custom; it is what the body is laid on once it has arrived in the corpse garden. This one is of the quality you would expect for a member of the Imperial family," Ælirn explained, "We... We hope that is acceptable. Honestly, we are a bit unsure of what to offer a Goddess of death aside from this or actual remains. We in Xæth do not really have a comparable deity; Rin is a God of death, but their role is more of a guide and judge of the souls of the dead."

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2019, 05:02:11 PM »
Alya appreciated that the hosts appeared to have made preparations for the event that some guests objected from taking part in their religious ritual.

After the “alternative” to the purification rituals was done, she went inside and looked with interest to see what the crowning of an Ascendant actually meant in terms of ritual. She had talked to her personal friend Musaevna about the strange ritual the Bene Gesserit had at the Spice festival harvest so she knew that foreigners, especially those outside of Midaranye, could be really weird.

However, as the ritual started and it got to the part where the members started cutting themselves, she realized the ritual would not be a pleasant experience for her . As things progressed what she saw confirmed her suspicions.  When it got to the part of offering a hand for sacrifice she was sure they actually meant it literally and moved her gaze away but did her best not to move her head as to not let it show that she wasn't watching.  When the mutilation took place she need not look to confirm it. As a representative of the Tamoran Empire she knew that she had to show restraint so she did not outburst. She was sure that the hosts had all this set up to purposefully make the guests feel uncomfortable and cause revolt but she wasn't exactly sure why. Though she did her best to act like nothing out of the ordinary had happened the fact that she went a little pale gave her away. She also discreetly closed her eyes and said a short prayer. When she was done, she looked around to see what the commotion was. She saw the Krimeon Emperor understandably showing disgust and concern about the potential implications it had for his faith to have taken part in that "purification ritual" as well as what the whole ritual that happened before them actually meant. She liked how he and his wife chastised the hosts for holding this barbarism without informing the guest about it first. That was a sign of strength by the Krimeon imperial couple and she liked that.  She also liked how the Emperor asked for a Christian priest to be brought in. The symbolism was clear for her, the hosts had tricked the guests and also purposefully put them into an uncomfortable position all under the guise of their religion so that they could not protest.  Krimeon would have none of that and would bring a priest with them in the crypt. However, the magic of the moment was broken when their Empress apologized for her husband.  To humiliate her husband in such a way was unthinkable in Tamora where wives were expected to show support of their husbands no matter what. From there it went downhill and the scene turned to a pathetic display erasing all the positive impression the Krimoen couple had initially made on Alya.

As the hosts started apologizing she could smell them lying from a mile away. To not know that such a barbaric ritual akin to that of the Iwi would cause distress and offence was impossible in Alya’s opinion and it further cemented the idea in her mind that the hosts were there to toy with them.  When Wrex  said” No Nythymn would ever be sickened by such a sight through, but you are not Nythymn” Alya realized what this was all about. The hosts were just emerging from the isolation and put on a show of strength as well as wanting to show the guests that they are weak for not being able to handle the ritual. Alya did not say anything about it though if things were to proceed in this manner then the hosts were about to have more surprises for them.
As they went to the other chamber Alya was not quick to jump to talk to the others, the hosts were busy and the other guests were either from unfriendly nations or people she personally disliked or both. She looked around and saw the Krimeons stealing the show and moving from contempt and understandable worry about the nefarious ritual that took place to apologizing to the hosts and probably trying to become friends. There was also King David, the divorcee who left his wife behind and now had Lodjan "girlfriend". It was hard to have more contempt for the man. He seemed to be talking to King Andrew which she knew nothing about other than the fact that he was a zealot hell-bent on destroying Tamora unless it confirmed to Helusian moral standards. Alya was an orthodox herself and she understood perfectly how important one's religion is so in a way she had some measure of respect for the man, he wasn’t like King David at least. Then there was Beatrice of Rokkenjima, though always personally polite their two countries had almost come to war when she threatened to shoot down Tamoran fighters, she also broke all relations with Tamora something that even King Andrew did not do. Then there was the Xaetoon empress that was famous for appeasing the Iwi at every opportunity and apologizing for her people. Such a weak individual was probably going to get Xaeth under the influence of Rokkenjima. There were also the Lodjans, she quickly moved away from looking at them after seeing their fashion sense or better said lack of thereof. She also looked intrigued at the mysterious guests from Neo Quywe Federation, they were a major power of Mundus that seemed content to mind their business, and they were probably here since Nyx had access to the Mhorish Sea she thought. And there was also the Achkaerin delegation which she knew nothing about.

With such an “interesting” crowd she went to where the drinks were and poured herself a glass of water content with just looking around discreetly at the people in the room.