Author Topic: From The Pyramids Of Time  (Read 3192 times)

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
From The Pyramids Of Time
« on: July 02, 2019, 07:33:51 AM »

"But I love him."

No, it is incapable of me, I should dedicate myself to one of the Temple, should I not? But he is so beautiful, and I don't even know if he sees the same in me, am I a fool? I couldn't have captured his heart in one meeting, yes? Oh God, if he is not true why do I feel this way? Am I without your guidance?

No you are not, for he is of Royal bloodline. You will marry the Tamoran.

"Are you sure, like, really sure?[/i] I asked. I mean this was a Prince we talked of.

"He is you already; you've just to accept him."

I can't take his name, can he take mine?

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Re: From The Pyramids Of Time
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2019, 03:01:37 AM »
In the weeks which followed my visit to Tamora I began an exchange of words with Prince Naser, both of us sharing our different worlds and what they meant to us respectively. He, a Conservative Manist and I, a living god, there were many differences yet they didn't seem to hinder our ability to communicate openly. If there was one thing we Clysperi believed more strongly than our faith, it was that said faith shouldn't be imposed on those who don't adhere to it; to expect someone from Tamora, Royal Seleucid, or further afield even, to believe as we do or to bow down in worship to me, would place us in the very same camp as those I speak out against, so forcefully.

Clysperi people aren't known for being hypocrites, and that tradition won't start under my reign.

Earlier today I spoke with the Congregation about honouring Ra, amending my very name to speak to this fact. Beketaten-Hesy-Re, Handmaiden of Aten, Blessed of Ra; my name speaks to my father's adherence to the god Aten, whilst I proclaim my faith and adherence to Ra by making my name my own. I have no surname; that is just how it is, and I am happy that our traditions stand despite the changes of the world around us. Although, if I were to marry a foreigner, would they accept that I would never accept their name? In some ways I am accommodating, but I could never take on a name that is foreign to my People, or one that does not honour my faith and heritage.

"The foreign Prince you speak of, he brings the Congregation great concern," one of my Priests said to me as I departed the Temple. "Never in our history, either as Abydos proper or Clysperis, has a Pharaoh entertained the notion of marrying a foreigner. Are you not worried about tainting the bloodline?" he asked of me. I sighed, his points weren't without merit, but again he is but a mortal man and I, a living god.

"Worry not Priest," I said reassuringly, "I am the living Horus, in concert with the gods with each moment that passes. If it were to displease them, do you not think I would be the first to know?" That question gave him pause for pondering, although I knew that with those words I had solidified my grip on his logic. A Priest of my Temple, to whom was subservient to me not only as my station as High Priest of every Temple, but as a god myself; how could he question my logic? It was quite simply impossible for him to raise any valid protest to my logic on the matter.

"Quite right you are," he said with a nod. "Forgive my insolence."

"You've nothing to be forgiven for," I said as I placed my hand on his shoulder, "my faithful Priest; you look only with concern to our faith and my People. That you have been corrected is not a punishment, but a blessing of knowledge which shall better serve you in the future."

At the end of the day I return home, pick up my phone, and repeat the motions that have become almost second nature to me. 'My Naser,' I tap at my screen with joy, 'when will you share the view of the pyramids with me?' I paused before sending, wondering if I was perhaps being too direct, but I had pressed the 'send' button before I could even think to take it back. To be honest, I didn't wish to.

Clysperi men, generally, fall into two categories when it comes to me: those who wish to bed me for power or to enrich their name, and those so destitute that a matching with me would change their entire world. Both bored me to death, perhaps those seeking glory to their names moreso, but boredom all the same. This Prince, however, is a challenge, exciting in ways no Clysperi could be, and that in itself was enough upon our first meeting. I only hoped that my recovery from calling him enrapturing, was good enough, though I think it's safe to say it was. His continued replies to my messages point to that, at least.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 06:53:54 AM »
The call to that which cannot, or should not, be conquered is what compels many to desire. It's why the Clysperi men throw themselves at my feet, and why I find myself drawn to the Prince; they cannot have me, and I should not have him. Take the Nomarch which the Vizier brought to my attention the other day: requesting audiences with me ten times, just in the past week. Of noble stock to be sure, one who would most likely please the Congregation, but trying much too hard already. He makes the pursuit much too easy, if one could call a man who makes himself so pitifully available much of a pursuit; it is most comparable to the antelope folding its legs beneath it and allowing the lion to feast upon it with no chase or struggle.

As I said, most pitiful.

'My pyramids,' I smiled, yes. The pyramids which even Abydos looked upon with envy; while I held nothing against the Islamic faith or the people of Abydos, that they had abandoned their native faith and allowed our grand constructs to be wore down by the passage of time and the elements, I had to feel a measure of disdain toward those actions. Claiming Clysperis and declaring it sovereign was truly the best decision for all involved, and I recognized this. Our culture survived, that which we built in Clysperis survived to this day, and our Peoples took their own paths and made this region even just a bit more diverse. My father had always told me 'Lament not the past, for you cannot change it. Regret not the decisions made before you, you did not make them. The course you chart is that which matters, and only that which is by your own hand is worthy of your regret.'

A commotion just outside of my door soon caught my attention, and to find it between the head of my security and the Vizier was all that more intriguing.

"Tell me, why do I find you two bickering as the Achkaerinese and the Rokkenjimans just outside my door?" I asked with a clear measure of irritation. "Your Divinity," Apherumes bowed, "Forgive our ruckus, however it appears that Prince Naser has requested permission for a flight over the Pyramids of Nafu. I saw no issue with the request as presented but your Guard have issues with the proximity to the Palac...."

"It shall be so," I interrupted him, "Why you even had to bring it to the Vizier is beyond me," I continued. "I assured the Prince personally that my Government would accommodate his designs while in Clysperis, this delay impacts the weight of my word with our closest partner you do realize?" He hung his head in shame, "Forgive m...." "No, stop," I interrupted. "Issue the clearances, and next time do not trouble me with such trivial requests which should be granted without hessitation; I was never involved in this process, you understand? I trust this level of ineptitude won't be shown again."

Both men nodded, "Now if you'll excuse me, I've matters to attend to," I said as I closed the door and returned to my bed.

'The date is cast,' I replied, eager to share this vision with Prince Naser.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2019, 06:03:42 AM »
"Funny seeing you here," I said as we sat at the table, a consignment area at the Elysium Economic Forum. "I...I have a proposal, that I'm not sure what to do with. On one hand it could bring more prosperity to my people, on the other, the price tag is most expensive. I could do it if my will is strong enough, with funds foreign and domestic, but it will be a massive undertaking no matter how I look at it. Essentially," she lowered her voice, "I am creating a new wonder for the modern age; even the Achkaerinese will look down with jealousy..."

She showed him an image on her phone, "Setri, that's the city of dreams," she said as he gazed over the image. "It will take money, labour, and time but....when finished, it will rival these international cities. Be it in Rokkenjima, Achkaerin or the Conglomerate itself; Setri will be a city without comparison. I'm just worried we'll have to give something up to achieve it, you know? I'll need foreign backing and the Gods know Tamora couldn't, and shouldn't, bear these costs wholly; but what do I do with the means at my disposal which are admittedly limited?"

I soon felt his hand slide over mine, his eyes entwined with mine. His words are still a whisper to me, but to the photographer on the lower level, this exchange was likely worth millions of Dinars. We were quite foolish in that moment, although it is one I still treasure dearly. Amongst the first times I felt his touch, warmth radiating from his hand to mine, damn the costs involved.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2019, 07:36:24 AM »
Although they were both unconscious at the time of our visit it was important to me that I visited them. Two of my citizens dragged from the comfort of their beds, beyond the doors of their homes, to be beaten in the streets of my Kingdom? To even think that one had survived an attempt to drown them weighed upon me with a greater weight than I had felt in some time. These things don't happen here, that's what we all tell ourselves, until they do in fact happen.

It was long beyond normal visiting hours as I found myself in an office which had been made available to the Prince and I, so that we may converse in private. Though Clysperi they were also Manists, and to have him join me to be at their side would send a message that despite this our peoples and nations stand together. "But, why," my voice broke the silence, the second hand of the clock doing much the same to a lesser degree. "Who would do this, and why?"

"The Soviets hurt our people, now they turn to hurting each other? Have I failed somewhere, in some manner, that I couldn't protect two of my own? And the mosque," I was speaking each thought as it passed through my mind, as I often do when overcome with emotion. As I felt the tears well in my eyes I turned from him, finding support in the wall nearest to me.

"Now I'm weeping before you," I said aloud, "but why do I feel shame? No, I shouldn't feel shame," I continued as I turned around, "these small minds, I see it as clearly as I see you before me, they seek to sow division amongst my People. But as I weep here, as I feel anger for what they did, it shows their failure. Those two souls, those Clysperi Manists, the only thing they've done is drawn me closer to them, to make sure they're safe and looked after; this is the example I must set for my people to follow."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2019, 06:45:53 AM »
"I would be limiting you," I said with full malice intended, "to take just one wife, you couldn't do that for me? You do realize there are countless men here in Clysperis who would allow me to kill them the very next day for just one night with me, yes? What can a Tamoran woman offer you that I can't? Would you prefer a Lodjan whore perhaps, attuned to pleasure you in every way, but not in the ways specific to you?" I said with a knowing wink.

"Our religions differ, but at the end of the day, I can ease all such fears. Clysperi worry you're foreign, I specify Ra has spake to me that a foreigner is called for at this hour of history. You'll weaken the state? No, I'll say, Horus commands a more broad view in my selection of spouses to ensure the survival of my House. Manists are weak in comparison to a domestic spouse? I have the answer to that too, love," I said with a measure of sarcasm.

"I hate this," I said, "I hate speaking of you in such terms but," she said motioning to the woman he had talked with on video call, "I am not some trophy; I am the trophy, I am the woman men would burn themselves for one night with. The woman they would forake their mother for, the woman they would kill for. And I elected to choose you; how does that look for me, a Goddes amongst my people, if you're sleeping with others? I love you, yes, but if my People see you with another woman, what do you think happens? Rumours arise, she's not enough for him, where does our faith lay truly? I cannot afford that image in their minds, nor you undermining my authority. In this stance," I sighed with a measure of sincere sorrow, "I mist limit you."

"But," I continued with a smile, "I think I offer much more. You'll be a mere consort, yes, but the power you will wield? You'll stand ahead of that Dartfordian toy of Beatrice Anselmo. Do you dare to do this," I asked, "Do you dare to commit, I could have any of them, the Clysperi who compete for the glory, but in the end, you are who I chose. And does not a living God chosing the child of a foreign faith to be her lover, is that not worth more than the next Fame or Shame slut of Lodja? Could I," I said, grasping at his collar, "compete equally with them, and win?"

I pulled away, drawn to my phone, "or shall I marry this commoner, he heads a bakery within Khemnen, and he is cute enough I could one day accept him into my bed." Looking up to the Prince I chuckled, "it's your choice."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2019, 03:37:37 PM »
“And how many of those men are Safavids? You do remember that I am not a commoner, do you? You ask what a Tamoran woman can offer me that you can’t. I don’t think you understand just how special Tamoran women are. They display a loyalty and subservice that make their husbands feel they are …gods” he said this looking straight to Beketaten eyes.   “They devote fully to the family and raising children, and are willing to sacrifice immensely for that. And they certainly don’t flaunt their bodies or their sexual attractiveness. With a Tamoran woman I know I will be able to go with my future kids at temple service each Sunday and pray together with the whole family knowing we all feeling the same thing. With a Tamoran wife I know I will be in charge of the family.

I don’t think you are fully aware of just how much I have to give up just by going on this route with you and you already are talking about me giving up more.”

“You keep saying that you the trophy, I would like to remind you that while most Clisperi see you as a god, I do not. I see you as a queen and I am the son of an emperor. I don’t feel the need to kiss your feet just to thank you for being with me. I chose you because I like you as a woman, not because I feel blessed to be with the living god. “

“You say that Ra has spoken to you that a foreigner is called at this hour of history. To do what exactly? To be a “mere consort” as you yourself put it? Quite frankly I fail to see exactly what power I would wield and how I would be any different than the Dartfordian consort.”

As Beketaten mentioned marrying a commoner, Naser replied: “I don’t like the ease with which you joke about these things. No Tamoran woman would do such a thing and such words offer me no reassurance that you’ll be able to be faithful to me as a wife.

So no, I will not limit myself to one wife. That is not something that many married Tamoran men do and the way with which you talk sometimes, like the way you did just now, makes me see no reason to commit to such a thing. ” 

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2019, 06:49:08 AM »
"Giving up more," although spoken with a different inflection in my case, "On the day I pass I'll be prepared for the afterlife, where I'll become one with Osiris and venture into Aaru, you may think of it as paradise. I'll once again be able to commune with all I've lost and, if you've looked around this Palace, that's a good list of names. Now while I will be well prepared, and should have everything I need, I'll not have seeing you once again to look forward to. Looked at in another way," I sighed, "I would effectively be dedicating myself to you, in this life and the one which comes next."

"Jealousy is ugly, it causes emotions to rise which are no better than it; that I am jealous of someone who could give you so much I couldn't makes it all that much more ugly, and must paint me in a light which is deservedly unflattering. Maybe losing those I love fuels a larger, more underlying fear that those I care for, and as deeply as I do for you, that they are all bound to leave, in one manner or another. This rises in such a way that I am not able to convey, and would do better to convey if I could. It doesn't excuse what I've done or said to you though."

"Something, someone so precious to me it is, for lack of a better word, unthinkable to me to think I could share them with another. I know that it's selfish, and it has caused me to greet you with words and actions more befitting of a Lodjan, it was wrong of me. And it's not as if past pharaohs didn't limit themselves; there were countless who had lesser wives and concubines, then again, the vast majority were men, of course. Perhaps my time in Rokkenjima left me with that desire, two souls so entwined with another that they have no desire nor want in another. Like I said before, all the others make it too easy, there is no challenge involved. Nor is there honest intent in their hearts; there is no chance there is any other who could sway me from you.""

"As for a mere consort, I was speaking in spite, I'd spoken with the Vizier about proper arrangements for what would happen, and though there were some concerns he was certain you could be as a king, but in a manner which doesn't involve you with the Congregation. My hands may be tied in some matters, but I'm willing to do whatever is in my power to bring you to a point where you may consider the notion, and to prove I'd be worth it to you? That is, of course, if I haven't left too horrible of an image within you or some belief that I truly am as ugly as I portrayed myself this evening."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2019, 08:59:08 PM »
Naser remained silent for moments as Beketaten finished talking about the afterlife, he eventually replied:

“I haven’t really thought of that “admitted Naser. “Maybe we rushed into this without truly understanding that it means and what are the consequences of our choice.”

“I don’t see you today as a horrible. I am trying to understand your perspective. You live each day surrounded by people who worship you. You are used to that and now not only is the one you chose not worshiping you but he is not even willing to commit to be only with you. So I understand part of your frustration because is feel the same thing sometimes when I am with you in public. In Tamora as a prince unless my father was around, I was in the center of attention at all times. I would go anywhere in the kingdoms of Tamora and people would switch to speaking Parthian just because i was in their presence. When I am with you in room not only am I not in the center of attention, I can barely understand what people are saying without a translator. I guess both of us need to learn to adjust.”

“I think if we are to succeed going forward we need to not assume the worst about the other when they are at their worst. I admit that until you explained I didn’t understand why you were talking like a Lodjan woman but I didn’t think for one second that you had the character of a Lodjan. “

“Thank you for talking to the Vizier for me and considering that. It means a lot to me and I know doing that means you put a lot of trust in me.

I assure you that for you I am willing to consider anything just don’t ask for this commitment now. Also, I think we have still many hurdles ahead of us. I need to get back home to Djerb as soon as possible. While people like you backhome Beketaten, but there are still many issues that need to be considered before our marriage is approved, if it approved. And I have to warn you that it will involve a negotiation process where both sides, Tamora and Clysperis, will have to make compromises. A marriage for a Safavid is not only a family affair that has to be decided and agreed by the head of the family, it’s also a matter of state. And a marriage like ours has implications for the whole MidAranye region.”

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2019, 06:35:50 AM »
"If you were to worship me you'd quickly lose part of your appeal," Beketaten said with a chuckle. "I could say "hello" to any man in Clysperis, show just the base amount of interest, and I'd have him wrapped around my finger. Whether for genuine interest, furthering his interests, it doesn't matter either way. There's no challenge, no pursuit, no surprises to look forward to. I recognize the place I have with my People, but I crave being treated just as a normal person, without all eyes centred upon me, and for my lover to bow before me, it takes so much out of it. There's no hunt, no reward, just "Oh, well this was fully expected," and that is why each candidate pushed before me gets turned away; they've all been the same."

"I get from you something I'd get from no other, you don't worship me, you don't find me as some prize, and that's why you're the one man on Mundus who knows the most about me, my weaknesses, vulnerabilities, and who I really am, aside from the public face all other's know. Perhaps a reason why I would have no issue bowing before you in some matters, and while it wouldn't please the Congregation, I'm sure the other gods wouldn't hold it against me; after all, I am a living human yes? If they have issue with it we'll have an eternity to address it and I promise you I'll come out on top."

"I'm also opening us up to attack, you know there are those amongst my government who aren't happy I haven't been the figurehead they'd prefer, marrying a foreign man would almost be a gift to them. They wish to turn Clysperis into a soulless hulk, yes, but they'll use the People's faith to their advantage if it removes me from the throne. The Vizier recognizes that, he supports my desires and pursuits, and is working hard to nullify any openings they would have in that regard. I take risk though, and forsake any of the safe and secured paths before me, because I feel it is worth it, and together I know we would send them to the Duat no matter what they would dispatch toward us."

"The path ahead may be difficult, and I understand that," I continued, "but nothing is worth pursuit without adversity. It's how we're tested, and I apologize if I thrust this upon you too soon, though I blame you. If you weren't so charming and bewitching, I wouldn't have been ensnared as such," I said with a grin. "In the mean time, we'll each have our tasks before us at home, and I will learn to appreciate patience and faith a bit more. I may have disadvantages compared to Tamoran women, but it shall prove to drive and motivate me that much more. I'm also sure I could find a bit of business or other opportunity to travel to Tamora, if even for just a few days at a time."

"Although I must warn you," I said looking into his eyes and with a tone of severity, though in a manner which was obviously facetious, "if the son of an Emperor wishes to pull rank on me again I win by default, and it's in my title: Sovereign of Sovereigns. So I could make you bow if I wished, however, you bending your knee to me would leave a foul taste." I paused, "Even a 'living god' needs someone to keep them in check, take that as you will. Let's make the most of your time here before your departure home and ensure not one moment is wasted."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2019, 01:23:46 AM »
"Also," I gave pause, "I feel it's important to show you a measure of trust, and one I hope you'll recognize the significance of. At birth I was given a name, kept secret to all but the gods themselves, the true name. This name is considered to Clysperi as holding great importance, its power as a component of the soul is undeniable. With it one could have the ability to destroy one, and their soul, most permanently."

"Thus people know me as Beketaten, so that they may not learn my true Ren, to gain its powers, or an opportunity to gain the knowledge required to destroy it. So long as it exists, my soul may keep surviving. Likewise, so long as I am embalmed correctly and my mummification is successful, I and my soul shall exist for eternity. Thus you shall be the only man to call me by my true name, the only one to hold my complete trust and confidence."

"From now on, when we're alone like this, please know me as Akasha, and guard my name as you would something most precious to you."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2020, 09:54:09 AM »
"He's as false as the chest of a Hassfurtan," Akasha said with a chuckle. "The Church has records dating back generations, thus the usurper has no chance. The real question is, who benefits from him?"

"Alas, I digress," she said with a sigh. "There is a problem here, though. I have only one person I may be myself around, weaknesses and all, and that person is in the room with us," she continued, grinning as she looked at him. "The expectations of perfection, the constant inspections of my voice and appearance, it's a daily experience because I must be perfect for them all. Here, I can brush it all off, clear it from my skin, take this forsaken bra off," she said as she unhooked it and cast it to the floor, "and relax, without a world of expectations thrust upon me."

"We must defeat the Disgraced, after which, this "cousin" of mine may be disposed of, alive or otherwise," she said as she sat next to Naser, laying her head upon his chest. "I could never be so comfortable with another, right now you could kill me and I would be blissfully unaware as you did it. It's why I shared my name with you before the world knew," she continued, "Even if we're of different faiths, we are at the same time one, after all my faith recognizes Manists as an equal faith. Damn it," she said as she sat up, "these dull minds depriving us our rightful marriage?" she said, referring to the terrorists.

"Let us wed and, after our wedding and celebration, we may continue our celebration with the blood of these terrorist swine. Their deaths may as well usher in some happiness, yes?"

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2020, 07:38:23 PM »
Naser did not answer right away as he thought for a moment about Akasha’s proposal. He had wanted to wait for his older brother to marry and also wait for the war to end. However, it seemed that both were taking longer than anticipated.

“You are right. There is no point in waiting. Let us wed and have a celebration that will lift the spirits of the Clysperi people” he replied as he embraced and kissed her.