Author Topic: Jugland national war  (Read 3136 times)

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Mktvartvelo (primary nation)
Jugland national war
« on: November 02, 2019, 01:47:11 PM »
Note: Anyone who is willing to participate is invited to do so - I plan this RP as an open scenario with two possible outcomes (one default and an alternative one). Before doing so, though, you can write me a PM for any questions or ideas.

Albrektberg, Headquarters of Jugland's Royal Armed Forces

"Welcome, Sir", the young man said, "Major-General Egor Meremam arrived a few minutes ago".

"Good", General Sepp Nupekam replied. "Told him to wait in my main office. We have still two hours before the general meeting this afternoon", he added before moving toward the main hall.

"I'm glad to see you again", Sepp told Egor as soon he entered into the room, "although certainly not in such circumstances".

"Yes, Sir", Egor said. "I was just informed that our men were attacked on our way to Nasvnga".

"I know", Sepp answered. "They have denied any involvement, but nobody can believe their word anymore".

"Anyway", Egor said, "how was your meeting with His Majesty?".

"Well, I was offered the position of the Prime Minister", Sepp answered. "As you may have heard, the Prime Minister resigned this morning".

"I know very well it is not an easy task", Egor said. "Did you accept?".

"Nothing is official so far", Sepp replied indiferently, while switching on a screen. A map of the country appeared. "I recommend you to organize our forces in Nasvnga".

"It will be a honour that I didn't expect, Sir", Egor answered.

"It won't be an easy task either", Sepp said. "I have confidence and trust in your capabilities. And the monarch seems to agree, despite everything".

"In any case", Sepp continue, "we will have a lot of work to do here, before our forces are prepared to recover and move forward. Fortunately, the enemy is not likely to advance for a while".

"Indeed", Egor replied. "In some way, taking Rangingta will be a sort of punishment, as soon as we are able to organise ourselves and attack with all our force".

"While the southern provinces remain safe, we will have to face a more serious challenge in the eastern provinces", Sepp continued. "Meanwhile, the western provinces remain under our control, we have been weakened as I was forced to transfer our troops toward here and Rangingta to deter the advance of the enemy. We'll have to rely on the United League militias to keep order and defend those lands".

"Will Kepp remain here?", Egor suddenly asked.

"I had the chance of meeting him yesterday", Sepp answered. "I have told the king that Kepp would do a better service leading our forces in the west. As you may know, he has still a great confidence in him".

"That's my understanding", Egor replied. "20 days is not a long time", we have to do a lot to change the current situation".

"You can retire now", Sepp told Egor. "You have probably tired and some rest would make you good. We'll have time to discuss the situation again tomorrow".

Sepp switched the screen off and simply waited until his secretary came back.

"Call palace and confirm I will be there at 8:00 am", he told her.

"Yes, Sir", she said before leaving.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 05:37:06 PM by paralipomena »

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Re: Jugland national war
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2019, 02:28:45 PM »

Vuneva, Headquarters of the United League of Independent Counties

Makh Namnedam entered the building, along two of his men. He had not returned to the city since the fighting broke up again earlier this year.

"Mr. Kumyd is already waiting", Nupekina told him.

"You can wait here", Kumyd told to his men.

Kumyd Meremam was waiting in the room, walking in circles. "Welcome, Makh", he said. "You can sit down".

"Thank you", Makh said. "Although I don't plan to stay long. I have a meeting with the the Department of Transport in two hours".

"Any problem?", Kumyd asked.

"Just a matter of supplies", Makh answered. "They got worse since the Battle of Ngeinta".

"I can talk with the governor", Kumyd proposed. "He owe me more than a favour".

"Not sure if that would be enough", Makh replied, "but we would be grateful if you could do anything".

"Well", Makh continued as Kumyd kept silent, "what's the matter today?".

"I met General Kepp Kheryamam yesterday", Kumyd said. "Do you know him?".

"Not personally", Makh answered. "I met him many years ago once or twice, that's all. But I know him more indirectly".

"Well", Kumyd continued, "the general is demanded us that we contribute 2,000 men in the next operation he was ordered to prepare".

"That's not possible", Makh coldly replied. "Is he out of his main? We can not do that".

"That's what I supposed as well", Kumyd said. "I know things are getting more complicated in the northwest, after all. But he insisted and I was not able to convince him otherwise".

"We did already our part", Makh said. "We have lost many men trying to keep the northern provinces while they left us alone in order to defend Rangingta. I wouldn't be able to find those men even if I tried".

"Look", Makh continued as he stood up, "bring me a signed royal decree ordering us to dissolve our organization if he wishes so, and they'll have those men. But right now that's my last word. We can not allow it to happen".

"Well, Kumyd replied, "I can try to gain some time. "I will keep you informed".

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2019, 10:02:18 PM »
Rangingta, central district

Lars Midtvedt had turned the town council residence into his own military headquarters, shortly afterwards the National Army took Rangingta. The local government was forced to move to another building, which had been not a long time ago the headquarters of a regional bank, about 500 metres from the square where the town council was. But this time, he was waiting Koam Daspasv, who had been appointed as mayor after the Battle of Ngeinta.

"Welcome, sit down", Lars Midtvedt told Koam Daspasv as the mayor entered the room. "Would you like a drink?".

"No, thanks", Koam answered.

"If you don't mind", Lars replied. "I'll prepare myself a drink. I can only accept the good taste of the old mayor".

"I can't say I'm a fan myself", a visibly uncomfortable Koam said, "but our region fields are well-known for a reason".

"Indeed", Lars replied. "Moving to more serious business", he continued, "no offense but I must confess that I was skeptical about your appointment. However, I can only be impressed about your work. You have avoided us many headaches as well as problems for the city, obviously. After all these weeks, it was not easy".

"Thank you", Koam replied. "I did what I could. I have served this city for many years, in a way of another, and I felt my responsibility to avoid more suffering. I can only wish my successor will be responsible and sensitive enough in these complicated times".

"I'm sure they will work so that will be the case", Lars Midtvedt said. "However, it will be surely painful that the inhabitants of this wonderful city, and for our countrymen in general, to lose such valuable servant of the people".

"Thanks", Koam answered, surprised with the sudden praise. "I did the best I could, as I said, but my job is over now. There is no much what I can do now".

"There aren't many things a man like you and a man like me don't agree with", Lars told Koam, "but you may be wrong like this. We are living difficult times and, hopefully, this nightmare will be over soon. But our nation still needs men like you. I can only hope you will reconsider your decision. There is no need to be stubborn, when we have such a great responsibility. I can accept I'm not the best messenger for such claim, but after the victory, reconciliation and concord will be needed. And I'm not stupid enough to realize we can't do that alone, even if I don't do our men are prepared for such task".

"I wish you luck, of course", Koam replied. "What else could I do? But this task, as well as the last terrifying and exhausting weeks were too much for this old man. I would like only to have some peace now".

"There is no hurry", Lars said. "You'll have some rest. I hope we can meet again soon, in rather different circumstances. But I won't disturb you. You'll be given an affidavit, so you and your family can remain calmly and free, without any concern".

"Thank you", Koama said, "that's all I'm asking for. I can't share your confidence and optimism, points of view besides, but I will be praying for our nation".

"Csa will take you back home", Lars Midtvedt replied. "Good luck, mayor".

"Goodbye", Koam simply said before leaving the office.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 05:39:56 PM by paralipomena »

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2019, 09:34:35 AM »
Amvkhar, Principality of Emrta

"There are only a few hours left", Redsamlina said to Princess Khapkhina, who seemed lost looking at the Savnge gardens.

"A few hours?", Princess Khapkhina asked, who had not realized about Redsamlina.

"Yes...", Redsamlina replied. "That ceasefire will end in a few hours, Your Highness. This time it didn't last much".

"Ah, you are right, Redsamlina...", the princess said. "It's certainly sad. This shouldn't continue...I can't avoid thinking about those people who are maybe looking at the clock with real scare".

"You are right, Your Highness", Redsamlina said. "But it's better not to think too much avoid. There isn't much we can do, not even you, do about it".

"You are probably right", Khapkhina said.

"Anyway", Redsamlina continued, "when is your husband coming back?".

"Ah", Khapkhina replied, "I almost forget about that. He's coming in a few days, I believe. Have you talked with your husband lately?".

"No, Your Highness, I didn't", Redsamlina answered. "He still sends me some letters and telegrams, but he seems to busy for a call. Anyway, I understand it. They must have other things to do...In any case, it's not I'm worried. There in Penaom, things are rather calm, I was told, in most cases life continues as it did before. Recruitment, training, and smuggling are the main activities they have to deal most of their time, my husband told me once".

"I'm glad that's the case", Khapkhina replied. "I have lived here for six years, I almost forget what's living in another place. I hope everything ends well".

"Let's go", Khapkhina continued. "It's getting dark and it will be soon dinner time".

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2019, 10:42:34 PM »
Albrektberg, Office of the Prime Minister

"Minister Kumyd was not happy about not being informed about the shipping coming to Jall’anedda without being informed", Makh told to Prime Minister Sepp Nupekam while Egor Meremam entered the room.

"Welcome, Egor", General Sepp said. "What can I say? His complains seem worthless to me, he should be aware of the situation we are now".

"Well", Makh replied, "he believes it could damage our position".

"If we keep the National Army isolated", Sepp replied, "there is nothing to be worried about it. Our conflict is not nobody business".

"How are the investigations going on", Sepp asked turning back to Egor. "The Security Ministry just told me that there are working hard to find those cells, but things are getting nervous in palace".

"It is our belief that they come back here hidden with the population from the northern provinces", Egor answered. "It is not clear how they found their weapons here. But it's doubtful they were active until recently".

"It is not helping us, as this is happening suddenly", the Prime Minister complained. "It gives us a bad look. It must be stopped now".

"It's only a matter of time that they are discovered", Egor replied. "They can escape from both us and the police. They couldn't be continue these dozens of terrorist attacks without being discovered. It is being a distraction of our real task, and it's eating our time. I'm as tired about than you".

"I know, I know", Sepp replied. "How are the preparations going? Don't you think that threats about coming here is just cheap talk? They had huge losses".

"That's my feeling", Egor answered, "but we must be prepared. We kept attacking them from the air, so an advance is not likely. But I'm finding trouble to supply our troops here. And we failed to reinforce from the west as planned".

"I know", Sepp replied. "As soon as we are able to retake Rangingta, that will change. We are not here to lead a league of cities, but a state! That's why this war is taking so long."

« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 05:44:46 PM by paralipomena »

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2019, 12:38:16 PM »
Albrektberg, Ngamand Palace

"Your Excellency", Koamina told to General Sepp Nupekam, His Majesty is already waiting in the main office.

"Thank you", the Prime Minister replied as he was led to King Khrym's office.

"Ah, you have arrived", the king said as soon as the Prime Minister was announced. "You can sit down, Sepp".

"Thanks, Your Majesty", Sepp replied. "How are things going in the palace?".

"Well, the truth is that not many things have happened since the last time you came. More of the days are mostly the same...", the monarch answered. "However, we are worried about the situation down there, in Nasvnga".

"It's understandable", Sepp said. "It's a problem we are working hard to stop. It won't last for long".

"The violence here must stop", the king continued. "Not just the attacks, but it makes us look weak in a moment that the things were promising to improve for us".

"We have arrested more than twelve people who were involved in the recent attacks. They are been interrogating right now", Sepp patiently explained. "We will soon discover who was behind these terrorist attacks and they and their accomplices in the town will pay for their crimes".

"The news from Penaom were so unsettling as well", the king said as he wanted to change of topic. "These last years have been awful for the country, of course, but it doesn't often impact our family. It is a quite gloomy feeling...I guess this what ordinary people feels often".

"You're probably right", Sepp replied. "We have started an investigation about it. We plan that we will be able to push them back toward the east in less than two weeks".

"The recent attack in th province felt rather ominous as well", the King. "People in the palace felt that another long battle may be happening soon".

"That's very unlikely", Sepp answered. "However, it is my advice that you move to Amvkhar, where is your sister".

"No", the king said, rejecting the advice, "I can't leave the capital city. That would give a bad message. I must remain here".

"It's my belief that it wouldn't be a good idea to remain here, Your Majesty", Sepp said. "I'm not saying that your move there permanently, Your Majesty. It could be only a few weeks, it will probably help you to forget about the recent news. It will probably be better for your family. But we need to do many preparations, to reinforce the city and prepare for our next offensive against the rebel forces".

"Once as we start to push them back toward Rangingta", the Prime Minister continued, "it will be safer for the royal family to come back, you have my promise, Your Majesty".

"I don't know", the king replied. "It is not an easy decision...I still don't feel it would be the right decision. But I will think about it".

« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 05:45:25 PM by paralipomena »

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2020, 02:06:31 PM »
Amvkhar, Grand-Duchy of Emrta

"I'm glad to have you back", King Khrym I said, as soon both men were alone, "after so many years. How have you been?".

"I was not an easy task, but I did everything I could, Your Majesty", Azkattamvar Tocsam replied. "I was a honour to serve our country, but I'm glad to come back".

"I recommended you to General Sepp to serve in the cabinet", Khrym added, "but he thought otherwise".

"Thank you, Your Majesty", Azkattamvar answered. "It is a honour such recommendation. However, I was not the only one affected by the General's choices, but it's understandable".

"Do you feel we're going to the wrong direction?", the King asked. "I must tell you, however, that I have a limited influence from here".

"I can imagine", Azkattamvar replied. "But I can only agree that the safety of you and your family should be the primary concern, Your Majesty. I would have suggested the same thing. It is understandable".

"However", Azkattamvar continued, "while the situation is a difficult one, and I don't doubt the patriotism and judgement of the Prime Minister, there are decisions that I had difficulty to understand, as they seem to put our country in an even more complicated situation, from my own point of view, if I can be honest".

"Continue", Khrym ordered, "you have my confidentiality".

"I can't say much about military affairs, Your Majester", Azkattamvar said. "The experience and knowledge of the Prime Minister is well-known, and he has been a respected officer. We would be in a worse situation without him. His service to our nation is without doubt in that field. On foreign policy, things could have be done differently, but it is true that our situation was relatively desperate. I feel his government has been rather prudent, although I know there are some who may disagree with me".

"But I must say", Azkattamvar continued, "that the efforts on centralization, while logical and understandable, are complicating our position in the political front. The resignation of the ministers from the United League, are complicating the situation in the western provinces. Despite the government's confidence on this issue, I can feel they have weakened the legitimacy of our state in the eyes in the local population there, after these years of war".

"What would you recommend then?", the King asked.

"It's difficult to tell, Your Majesty", Azkattamvar replied. "We can only hope that the Prime Minister is right and our luck suddenly changes".

"Let's hope that's the case", the King replied. "What are you doing now?".

"I will stay in Amvkhar until next month, Your Majesty", Azkattamvar answered. "Then, I will rejoin the ministry".

"I wish you good luck", the King replied. "I hope the government will find a better position where you can continue serving our cause. Before you leave, I'll be glad to have a last visit for you. This conversation made me think...Actually, I rather felt reflected thoughts that appeared on my mind recently".

"It will be a honour, Your Majesty", Azkattamvar said before leaving.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 05:46:02 PM by paralipomena »