Poll

Who should win the Queen's Foundation 2019 Literature and Journalism Award?

The Bene Gesserit Sisterhood
4 (66.7%)
Latasha Dooty
2 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: November 16, 2019, 07:12:26 PM

Author Topic: Queen's Foundation Awards 2019 - Literature and Journalism Vote  (Read 1924 times)

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
Queen's Foundation Awards 2019 - Literature and Journalism Vote
« on: November 11, 2019, 07:11:04 PM »
As there are two candidates you may vote for ONE of the following (in the event of a tie the Chair of the Foundation i.e. me will have the casting vote) Voting is open until November 16th

Name of Nominee: The Bene Gesserit Sisterhood
Field Nominated in: Literature and Journalism
Reason for Nomination: Outstanding citizen journalism
Supporting Letter:

Despite what side of the Kaitaine conflict you stand upon it is impressive that anyone can get information to the masses under such circumstances. Over the past year the Bene Gesserit Sisterhood have consistently produced a high standard of citizen journalism through their media sources and blogs. These have entertained, enthralled and informed people across Mundus.

Head Gothi Stein Ulfsson

Name of Nominee: Latasha Dooty
Field Nominated in: Literature and Journalism
Reason for Nomination: Shedding light on a humanitarian crisis at great cost to herself
Supporting Letter:

Latasha Dooty was a promising young journalist, well like by her colleagues at home and by her counterparts abroad. Despite the various attempts of the Noobian Government to deny the international community information Latasha, in a show of great integrity, published an article on the subject (the contents were later supported by CNN satellite images), she chose to utilize the most significant function of the media - to report the truth. Sadly this action cost her her life however I make this nomination because her conduct was in the finest traditions of journalism.

Roisin Shaughnessy, Chief Correspondent Achkaerin News Service