Author Topic: CNN Conference 2020  (Read 6057 times)

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
Re: CNN Conference 2020
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2020, 02:01:08 PM »
The Morelanders saw a chance of getting some business the way of EMAC and SmartWar and so Sir Harry took the chance. " The Super Eye project showed what we can do and I'm certain that EMAC and SmartWar would appreciate a chance to work once again with the Cenneg. I agree though that the time for these talks would be in a TUNA conference not a CNN one. So perhaps it would be best if myself and Professor McRae talk after these have finished."

Offline BenOfTheIwi

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Commonwealth of the Unified Iwi
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2020, 04:45:04 PM »
"If there is no financial cost to our nation via this project then we withdraw our objection and wish the project well. Naturally should it produce results that would suggest a CNN version of this environmentally monitoring satellite is useful." Sevesi concluded.

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lodja/Kaitaine
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2020, 05:08:18 PM »
"Very well" Princess Anfisa seemed satisfied that the space section of the conference had been dealt with and it was now probably time to move things onto the tricky point. "We have now reached the point where we are scheduled to discuss the criminal proceedings of the organisation. We have also had a particular request by the Morelanders to include matters relating to the Maori War Crimes here so perhaps if either the two parties wish to kick start things of then we can begin."

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2020, 05:41:14 PM »
It was King David who began, "There are two matters that we wish to bring before the CNN. Let me start with perhaps the one that we are most likely to get an agreement on. I'd like to see it made the case that anyone who is connected to slavery to in Tamora, or any other nation beyond that, is arrested and brought to trial. For example should we find out that a man returning to East Moreland from Tamora did any form of business with a slave owner, even if it was just say offering financial advice, then that Morelander is guilty of aiding slavery and a suitable punishment put in place. This is a law I intend to make for my own Kingdom however I think it would work better and send a clear message if all four of us did this. I know at present we all ensure that any goods coming from Tamora must carry the Freestone Mark and that other trade restrictions are in place. I think though having some similarities between us is useful."

The King gave way so his Minister of Justice, Darren Bone, could take over. "The second matter we wish to discuss is the situation with Maori war crimes. We firmly believe that the situation should see all Seleucid who carried out crimes against humanity punished. The problem we have is that clearly the Seleucid will protect them and as we've seen of late we can not rule out the Seleucid making attempts at rescuing those who have been put on trial. This is something that needs to be addressed. What East Moreland is proposing is that when the Maori capture a Seleucid criminal proceedings carry on as normal. Should it be that another nation, shall we say acquires a Seleucid war criminal the three other nations of the CNN would support an extradition order, I believe sadly that because of the Maori methods of execution likely to be used that will be rejected. We will then apply as a CNN coalition, should the extradition be granted we'd make available a facility in Ostlake where a joint trial can take place, if the person found guilty they can still face execution however it will be conducted by the Moreland military. I think this will mean we can get more of the Seleucid war criminals deported.  I understand the manner of execution is important culturally to the Maori in terms of justice being done, however some justice is better than no justice. I'd like to see if first this is acceptable to the Maori, and also would Lodja and Ui Cenneslaig support the formation of this new court system."

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Nya Åland/Ui Cenneslaig
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2020, 08:29:21 PM »
"The Cenneg also think that the idea of us all ensuring the Freestone Mark is enforced in our nations is a good idea. Additionally ensuring the arrest of any of our countryman dealing with slave traders sounds a good idea. It may be tricky to enforce but we can at least try." Princess Una of the Cenneg replied. "I think the idea of the joint CNN tribunal also works and the Cenneg would be willing to support."

Offline BenOfTheIwi

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Commonwealth of the Unified Iwi
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2020, 10:00:49 PM »
King Piripi looked serious. "We applaud the idea of rounding up anyone who trades with people utilising slavery in any shape or form. I think us having a law that is pretty much uniform on the matter will send a clear signal to our people that we shall not allow those involved in slavery to profit regardless of nationality. I do however have one condition. This can not just apply to our own citizens, should for example it become clear that an Alander for the sake of this illustration sell raw materials to a Tamoran factory using slaves and then that Alander visits Lodja they need to be arrested. If this is the case then I will fully throw our support behind it."

"Now as we come onto the courts issue. I do not like to say this but I believe Mr.Bone may be correct however I do not like it. We will subscribe to this approach however we would like to see a situation where any nation that refuses to comply with any of the steps we have outlined are denied extraditions until such a time as they comply. This would first mean that Rokkenjima would be the focus of an initial push. They currently have a number of individuals who carried out criminal acts actually in our country from Seleucid. If we are to agree to this then I would expect us to immediately announce we expect them to be handed over and until that time there can be no extradition to Rokkenjima from East Moreland, Ui Cenneslaig, Lodja or ourselves. Our only other condition would be that the trials must be conducted in East Moreland as suggested this way we would be able to have the death penalty for those convicted."
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 10:27:43 PM by BenOfTheIwi »

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2020, 10:51:54 PM »
David leaned over and consulted with Darren Bone for a few moments before addressing the Maori King. "As I'm sure you will agree Piripi this would put East Moreland in an awkward position as we are rebuilding a friendship with Rokkenjima. We do though think that this is a matter where we need to stand beside our Maori friends due to the precedent not doing so would cause. The court would also I think have to be in East Moreland as the Cenneg have an extradition treaty by the Assembly of Ardia, and Lodja do not have the required penalty. If the monarchs of Lodja and Ui Cenneslaig back this new court structure then we shall be happy to host it and make the announcement shortly after we reach the decision."

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Nya Åland/Ui Cenneslaig
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2020, 11:35:24 PM »
King Finley and his sister Una conversed for a while before the Princess spoke. "We are tied to Rokkenjima by the Assembly of Ardia in terms of extradition. We though believe this is a point we must reinforce that we will not permit a nation to harbour those who commit crimes against humanity. I believe therefore that should we need to cross that bridge we can find a way when it must come about. As such you can expect full Cenneg support regarding this move to establish a CNN Tribunal in East Moreland and manned by a judge from each nation as long as it utilises East Morelands means of execution should a verdict require it."

Offline Libby

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lodja/Kaitaine
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2020, 12:17:02 AM »
Queen Klara spoke on behalf of her Queendom. "We support all aspects of this and I believe that means that we can proceed with both putting in place this system and requesting the extradition of those being held in Rokkenjima."