Author Topic: 40k RP (IC)  (Read 2510 times)

Offline Geo

• Regional Power
  • Scratch a Liberal...
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Ni
40k RP (IC)
« on: August 24, 2020, 12:41:06 AM »
The Hive World of Tetris Dominus is located in the Tetris system. It is a planet utterly infested by humanity, being home to several gigantic Hive Cities, each containing billions of human souls. One such Hive is Dominus Alpha.
In the upper spires of the Hives lies the rich and the privileged, men and women so used to lives and comfort that the souls which toil and starve below them on a daily basis are as alien as the Necrons or Orks.
Below them lies the majority of the Hive's citizens. Here men and women live and die working the many factories, producing mankind's weapons against the xenos, Heretic and Daemon, all without ever seeing the sky.
Below them, are the underhives, where those at the bottom of society dwell and die. Slums stretch into the distance, gangs wage bloody war and men lie dying. This is where the scum of humanity best breeds.

160 years, a small detachment of the Adeptus Astartes force, the Deathwatch, aided by Inquisitor Aeolus, landed on Tetris Dominus and delved into Dominus Alpha, following a rumour suggesting that a genestealer cult had wormed its way into society. They were never heard of again.

Now new rumours have emerged, prompting investigation by the forces of the local PDF.
An Inquisitor from the Ordo Malleus and their retinue have come to find out what happened to the late Inquisitor Aeolus.
A tech Priest of the Adeptus Mechanicus has been alerted to the situation and travelled there.

Offline Geo

• Regional Power
  • Scratch a Liberal...
    • View Profile
Re: 40k RP (IC)
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2020, 11:07:09 AM »
OOC-making a change, since i realised the minor difficulty of getting enemies and interactions, I'll be controlling all npcs. If you chaps could start moving your characters around I can start doing interactions.

Offline Geo

• Regional Power
  • Scratch a Liberal...
    • View Profile
So it Begins
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2020, 06:36:53 PM »
Captain Geois, leader of Hive Dominus Alpha Adeptus Arbites teams leant against some crates, sucking a pipe. Besides him stood Valius Merin and his assigned squad of PDF troops. They were waiting for a dropship to arrive. They has stood there for a good 10 minutes, apparently the valkyrie their “guests” were arriving in had a faulty engine or something, and was travelling at barely its full speed. He was just glad it wasn’t him who had supplied the Inquisitor and the Tech Priest the ship. The Administratum would have ol’ Robert’s hide most likely.

He puffed some more on his pipe, before nudging Merin and remarking off handedly, “So, what do you think they’ll be like, the Inquisitor and Tech Priest I mean. I’ve some Tech Priests have gone full mechanical y’know, no organic bits left.”
OOC- the Tech Priest and Inquisitor will be arriving shortly, currently its only an Arbite and the Colonel.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 05:17:03 PM by Geo »

Offline Admiral Taiwanpenguin

• Regional Power
  • Glory to the Revolution!
    • View Profile
    • Second Imperial Chinese Republic
  • Your Nation: 2nd Imperial Chinese Republic
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2020, 09:30:25 PM »
The Colonel chuckled darkly, his arms crossed, hellpistol at his side, lasgun on his back. "Pray we have a good one. Inquisition has a nasty habit of executing those who serve under or beside them in my experience. Good ones will give us medals for a job well done, the nasty ones will downright purge us all upon finishing the mission. Tech-priest is probably some Mars technician or analyst. Just stay out of their way and don't get on their bad side- you want your gun to work, after all." He looked towards the men under his command, the PDF squad nervously shuffling about. If they had been in his old regiment, he'd have had given them a few lasguns than the autoguns they carried...

"In any case, just keep your wits about you. I wish I could've obtained a few krak grenades for whatever we're doing, but no matter."

He turned back to his men, half-facing his arbites colleague as he instucted his men to go over their equipment a final time.
Factbook
SICRD-PAO

By the Dragons and the Emperor-Admiral, Forward!

Offline Geo

• Regional Power
  • Scratch a Liberal...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2020, 10:54:34 PM »
Geois grunted in acknowledgement, motioning for his squad of Arbites to also check their equipment. He opened his mouth to say something, but the roaring sounds of engines filled the hangar, cutting him off, as a Valkyrie soared into the hangar. Geois stiffened hurriedly knocking the tobacco out his pipe behind a crate and stowing in the holster where his bolt pistol was suppose to be. He frantically indicated his squad to stand at attention, as the doors of the Valkyrie opened, and the Inquisitor walked out, followed by the Tech Priest.

OOC-Tech Priest and Inquisitor has arrived

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2020, 11:31:51 PM »
The Sacred Flame was a fast and well armed battleship in the Imperial Navy, though the crew had found themselves in the service of the Inquisition. The ship carried the forces under the command of one of the younger inquisitors, Celesti Frostblade, she had blazing red hair, even more blazing blue eyes and a lot more power than she gave herself credit for. She wore her own armour, blue and silver in colour but also a white cloak. She'd spent a lot of time on the journey to Tetris Dominus reading up on the situation and it worried her when hive worlds went dark it was almost never a good thing and to cap it all an inquisitor was involved in this - Inquisitor Aeolus a man with a notable record within the inquisition, a man with much much more experience than Celesti had. Stepping from her quarters on the ship Celesti, followed by her psyber wolf and psyber eagle made her way down to the hanger to board a ship to the surface as she walked she made sure her weaponry was as she wanted it, her two C'tan phase swords ready for use and easy to get to, her plasma pistol holstered. Her orders had been to investigate but she could tell what was expected of her, it was why she had the name 'Frostblade', she was an ice cold blooded killer - this was a hunt for the missing inquisitor but was it a hunt to the death?

As she stepped into the hanger she found Brother Captain Stefan of the Grey Knights, the most senior of their number under her command, waiting for her.
"I'm taking my squad down to the surface." Celesti said "Make sure our forces are battle ready, if I call drop you know where to go, if I call the ultimate sanction you do it without hesitation am I clear Captain?"
"Yes." Stefan said as Celesti and her squad squad stepped onto the Valkyrie dropship.

A few minutes later Celesti and those with her were stepping out of the dropship and looking around at the assortment of men before them, identfying Colonel Valius Merin was easy enough.

"Inquisitor Frostblade." Celesti said "Someone give me the latest report."

Offline Geo

• Regional Power
  • Scratch a Liberal...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2020, 07:51:24 PM »
Geoist stepped forwards hurriedly, making the sign of the Aquila as he stepped forward.
"Captain Geoist of the Adeptus Arbites, Ma'am" He said, giving his rank before pulling out a data slate. "Factory workers in the lower hives found the corpse and armour of an Adeptus Asartes. His armour identified him as Batheus Stroxus, member of the Deathwatch and former Blood Angel. The chestplate had been ripped apart. Soon after its discovery and confiscation, the factory was attacked by what appeared to be an underhive gang, and eye witness reports from the workers claim that they had "hulking beasts and three or more arms". Following procedure, the Govenor followed the regular procedure of updating the Adeptus Administratum of possible genestealer infestation, as well as the corpse of the Astartes."
He took a step back before coughing into his hand, his smoke rattled lungs not being used to breathing the thin air of the Hive Spires.
"We have, as you may have guessed, been assigned to aid you by the Govenor. He would come and greet you, but he is a very busy man."

Offline Baal

• Basically New Zealand
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Baal System
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2020, 10:24:58 PM »
Lux Gladios, a veteran soldier of the Skitarii chimed in. He was mostly machine than man at this point as were many members of his Omnisiah cult brethren on Mars, even among them he is considered somewhat heretical, but he has fought for the Emperor and  served the Adeptus Mechanics for over 3000 years. His voice now mostly computerised "It could be many things. We saw something like this before in a far off planet in the Gothic Sector, it turned out it was a member of a genestealer cult. Let us hope it's not the same kind of case here, otherwise who knows how many of their kind are among the hive workers."
« Last Edit: October 24, 2020, 09:34:14 AM by Baal »

Offline Geo

• Regional Power
  • Scratch a Liberal...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2020, 05:21:23 PM »
"Genestealer?" said Geois, frowning in confusion, "what on Terra are they?"
Geois' training in the Hives had taught him how to tackle a wide variety of threats, including Gang wars, Heretical cults, rebels, orkoid infestation and even Tau. But he had never even heard of Genestealers.

Meanwhile
Miles up into the sky a figure sat, chained against a brass pillar. Its light skin and bald head stood out amongst the dark red of the blood soaked pit they rested in. Around them were laughs and jeers as hulking beasts clawed each other apart around them. Genestealer Skulls stared out from the pillar above, blood dripping from them eternally onto the brass collar round their neck. Inlaid with a stylised skull, its power muffling the psychic might of the bound Magus. They had not had any contact with the rest of the Cult for months, but they still felt the warming touch of the brood mind, keeping her happy in the secure knowledge that the Cult was alive and well.

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2020, 06:11:11 PM »
"Our orders are very simple." Celesti said her voice firmer now carrying more authority, her game face very much on "We are to investigate whatever it is that's going on here, if it is an infestation then we root it out and purge it. However our responsibility is to make sure that any malevolent or malicious presence on this planet stays here under no circumstances is it to be allowed to spread out from here, no matter what we are required to do. We don't know what we might face here but do not let the darkness cloud your mind. Captain Geoist I want the Astartes corpse transported to my ship immediately, and then we're going into the hive, we'll start at that factory. I assume you've not found anything indicating the fate of Inquisitor Aeolus?"

Offline Geo

• Regional Power
  • Scratch a Liberal...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2020, 11:55:06 AM »
Geois gulped at the sudden shift in tone of voice.
"Yes Ma'am," he said, nodding, "We have no indication of the fate of Inquisitor Aeolus save for the Astartes body."
He turned, picking up his helmet and accessing its vox channels.
"Boys," he said, "Get the class-A evidence 1099, over to Hangar VII. You'll see a ship there. Put it in the ship."
He took his helmet off, nodding at the Inquisitor.
"It is beng done." He turned and guestured to the elevation platform that would carry them down from the Hangar.
"This way."