Roleplay > Vignettes

The Three Horsemen

<< < (4/4)

paralipomena:

Djabidjan City

"...Well, let's return to the topic", Hong said.

"Alright", President Min replied. "This problem has been neglected for too long".

"I agree that's the case, of course", Tieu said. "However, we must be cautious to avoid even bigger problems".

"Those wings should have been cut as soon they appeared", Min replied. "Now it will be a nuisance either way. In a sense, it was predictable. Rokkenjiman blood will remain polluted, independently on the environment".

"I have been trying to send her a a message that would her to understand a change of conduct", Tieu explained. "However, I am skeptical about the prospects of such initiative, at least for now".

"In any case, Mr. President", Hong said, "it will be better that we focus on more practical issues, or rather, more practical dimensions of this problem, at least until a mistake gives us the chance to intervene directly and decisively".

"Those chances", Min replied, slightly irritated about the lack of initiative, "very often must be created. We must move in that direction".

"Indeed", Hong replied, "we're doing the best, but it may not be a good idea to force the situation...For that reason, it would give us a stronger position if we strengthen our position before that times arrives. That's why the situation in Punha would be a right step in that direction".

"Is she involved?", Min asked.

"Not as far as I'm aware", Tieu answered.

"No, that doesn't seem the case", Hong added. "However, we thought that if we achieve to support a third person to that position, likely one more malleable, indebted to us after all, and even a more inclusive profile, would help us...even if we will not try to make us that obvious. But one that would move toward our direction more willinglly when we need it".

"I see", Min replied. "That may work. But trusting someone without a real link is always risky".

"I understand", Tieu intervened. "However, it is better if we do not make it very obvious. It would be more helpful for us in that way".

"If that would be the case", Min argued. "Let's not chose the horse until he is properly vetted and showed enough loyalty".

"Of course", Hong replied. "I'll work on that".

"It's getting late", Min and I expect the visit of the Director. "Let's continue with this discussion as soon as you have something more solid".

"We'll try that will be before the next Council of Ministers", Tieu suggested.

"Sure", Hong added.

paralipomena:

Djabidjan City

"Can you get on the point?", a visbly irritated Yohannes asked.

"Yes, sir", Jeon Da-hee replied. "I understand that the ministry may need to organize additional tasks, of course. However, I only ask that if men and resources under my command are going to be used, to be informed about it".

"Do you expect to be informed about every detail we happen to deal in Djabidjan City", Yohannes asked once again.

"Of course not!", Jeon answered. "But as I am certain that you do as well, sir, I expect my own men to follow my orders, and I can not do so if some of them are either acting independently or avoid to informing. What am I suppose to do if I discover them in what could be seen as an act of indiscipline or outlaw behavior? I can imagine you can understand very well my position, minister".

"You are making a fuss of a little misundertanding", Yohannes replied. "I am already getting bored of this affair".

"Alright, sir", Jeon added. "But I used the proper channels and I did not obtain any answer or explanation. I do not think I was asking too much".

"Very well", Yohannes said. "Let's end this discussion. I have more important things to do today. You'll have news from my office soon. Go back to your office".

"Yes, sir", Jeon said before leaving the main office from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Jangju, Palansaeg district

"Let me tell you that I find your concern a bit unexpected, Thien", Maeda said, just after finishing her drink. "Are you working as a government mediator now?".

"That's not the issue", Thien replied. "But one should know when one may to withdraw, particularly when it is likely that the balance is not positive".

"I do not remember you prudent advice when you worked for my father", Maeda said. "Do not tell me how to run my business".

"Of course not...", Thien replied, who had barely touched he food in the last ten minutes. "I would never dare to say so. But I know how things work here, that's all. A minor change could have same you and your interest some time. Such minor change in the leadership of a newspaper is not likely to cause a damage of reputation, if that's what bothers you, rather the contrary, as there are always other reasons for such decisions...I heard that something big is going to happen soon regarding our business world. Not about you, you can be relieved, but it would be perceived positiviely after all if it coincides with a right change of direction...even if it's only an unperceptible one".

"I do not run my business uncarelessly", Maeda replied. "It may not be our most profitable initiative, that's for sure, but the sales have actually increased in the last time. Your concern may be welcomed, but I do not feel that this is something that should worry us. Are you a messager from the Tieu now, should I assume?".

"I knew personally Mrs. Kim if that's what you mean", Thin answered. "It is not that, but since I joined Punha I was able to make new contacts. After working so years with your father, I'd be disappointed if you were to face some more or less serious problems or setbacks, that's all".

"Certainly honourable and kind of your part...", Maeda replied. "Thanks for your concern but I know what I have to do. Time will tell".

paralipomena:

Djabidjan City, Headquarters of the Ministry of Home Affairs

"I have been informed that the operation was a success", Minh Vu confirmed. "It ended as expected and the remaining members were neutralized".

"I am glad to hear that", Yohannes replied. Minh Vu, still thinking about some failed mission in the past, was certainly relieved.

"There were not survivors, then?", Choon-he that. "I guess we will not have official confirmation until some hours, maybe days".

As a former member of the Special Operations Brigade of the State Department, Choon-he was not too happy about the result, as they would get at least part of the blame.  Still, his confidence in Minister Arendse had remained untouched, as he had experienced too many things to be affected by such partial judgement. After all, Yohannes remained their man in the government, in his view, and the need to dispose of those who had betrayed the state and who aimed to join forces with the enemies of the nation was not in doubt.

Suddenly, one of his mobile phones, the one he had on the back of his trousers, started to vibrate. "Well", Choon-he added, "It seems our man neutralized the last remaining enemy".

"Very well", Yohannes replied. "You know what it is needed to do now". As usual, he barely showed any emotion as the words left his mouth.

Bugdjajibang district, Republic of Djabidjan

Daahad looked with disgust the body, already a corpse, that was next to him. They had spent many hours together in the last week, but he had only been counting this moment to arrive. It is not that doubts had not increasingly entered his mind. They did. But it was more about the nature of his mission than the people who had surrounded him, whom he never felt more than insects to be crushed. There were moments of confussion, indeed, but the adrelanin experienced about the prospects of being discovered helped him to create a distance between he and these men, who were likely met their end now.

He pushed and kicked the corpse out of his car, an Ardian-produced red car with a distinctive wide white stripe on the doors. Orders were orders, but he did not expect being involved in such affair. They were quite crazier weeks and he was glad that this affair had ended. He expected a period of calm would follow, as it is usual after such risky operation.

He gave the details and waited, not without some impatience, that the details about his route were given to him. He started his car after checking carefully his destination.

Five minutes later, after turning the car to the left he suddenly saw himself moving toward a group of law enforcement cars which blocked the road.

They did not doubt to open fire, as soon as they saw the car, which met the description of a certain model red car with white stripes.

As soon as Daahad's body received the impact of dozens of bullets, the car lost control and directly crashed against a military van. He was declared dead as the armed police opened the car.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version