Roleplay > Diplomacy and Events

MICA/AKO/COIN/Wannabe's gathering over Heyra

<< < (2/3) > >>

DaveIronside:
Barks swore slightly, his flight as a glorified "Trolly Dolly" had been wasted but he took the oppurtunity to relax with a glass of wine on the flight home.

With the pick up required from The Defence it was Robbie Peacock of Red Legion who was tasked with getting Anginer to the ball so to speak. An East Moreland special operations helicopter was dispatched, to the unknowing eye the aircraft was not dissimilar to one that would often visit the East Moreland embassy. Once it had put down Peacock and his three man team made their way in the ambassadors car to an agreed pick up point, got Anginer in the car and headed back to the embassy and via the roof off back to East Moreland. They landed at a military base in the east of the nation and from there Anginer was put onboard a more refined aircraft. The duo of old royal aircraft had been repurposed as part of the Joint Special Forces Aviation Wing inventory should the nation ever need a small luxury aircraft. Anginer would have about an hour to relax in the luxury of the aircraft while an Air Force Corporal served tea and coffee, they'd even found a few nice biscuits for the journey. Upon landing at Ostlake Anginer was shepparded over to the Roundal and down into its corridors.

The room was getting rather full but there was plenty of space for them still. The underground lair was a buzz of activity as outside the soundproof glass walls uniformed military staff moved back and forth carrying piles of paper between stations. David looked at his watch and figured nobody else was about to arrive and so checked his phone for the last few messages from various agencies who may be getting in touch but his entourage of the junior and senior Yacobs, Sir Harry Samuelson, Brigadier Kelly of Red Legion and Quinn Germaine his Chief of Staff. "Welcome everyone..." David began but was interrupted.

"Sorry....sorry" A large bearded man followed by a duo of  khaki uniformed Seaforthians entered. "Sorry David, we had a bit of a delay taking off." King Andrew Rhodes from Seaforth held up an apologetic hand as he slid into one of the empty seat. "Sorry I missed the champagne reception." He smiled as his duo of what were clearly army officers took seats next to him. "Hope I didn't miss anything."

"Not a thing" David was rather pleased Seaforth had turned up they had a long history of supporting East Moreland in the region and they'd carried out more combined operations than David cared to remember but as of late Seaforth had been going a little introspective. "As we all know the situation in Heyra has become one that is rather unpredictable and could lead to a rather disastrous military and humanitarian situation. I'll hand over to our representative from Heyra who I suspect can fill us in on the ongoing situation. Before I do that though I'd like to thank all of you for coming, it will send a message that we as a group of nations will not permit such instability in our region. I hand over the room." David motioned that he Anginer was free to take control of the meeting for the moment and took his own seat, his notebook open and pen in his hand.

DaveIronside:
David did not respond directly to the assessment by Anginer instead turning and having a few whispered conversations with the advisers that he had brought with him. "We have a similar issue here with that which is happening in Lodja, it will be difficult for our nations to distinguish between those who remain loyal and any who may be either switching sides or are caught up in the chaos. As such East Moreland will take up responsibility in the Heyran reaction area, it would be preferable if we could divide it with Hassfurt, we take the East, Hassfurt the West." David glanced across at t Guido Pfaff from Hassfurt to see if they'd accept.

"In regards to this arrangement I would suggest you inform your Navy that any of your Navies ships coming within 30km of a Morelander one will be considered hostile. As such for the time being it will be expected Heyran navy stay within you're territorial waters, any need for that arrangement to change we will only take communication from yourself." David hoped to minimise the risk to his own navy. "These measures should effectively prevent any rouge elements of your Navy doing any damage."

General Yacobs slid tapped a few keys and a map appeared on the screen. "This map shows how several years ago during the Academica Civil War the East Moreland missile defence system was able to intercept a missile aimed at Heyra. It was intended to try and spark a continent wide conflict. Following that attempt an agreement was reached that East Moreland would provide missile defence coverage over Heyra. This arrangement still exists and as such we have ensured that our systems give us pretty clear coverage over Heyra's urban areas." The map was left on the screen as King David began again.

"What we propose is that we turn Heyra into a no fly zone. We can utilise our missile defence system to engage if need be. Plus if ourselves and Hassfurt patrol we can again keep military aircraft out of the scenario. Again should there be a need for a flight Anginer here can contact us, we shall issue a callsign, a transponder code and a flight route, anything other than those flights will be considered hostile. With two of the three branches of military out of commission then we can see what path those attempting to take control of Heyra select. Does anyone have any other suggestions or comments?"

Altona:
While King David had consulted with his underlings Rutger and his junior Minister of Defence did likewise, as the Morelanders ruler began to address the room they listened. It was only at the end that Rutger spoke. "I have a question." He felt himself almost raising a hand like a schoolboy requesting permission for something before stopping the almost invoulentary movement. "The East Moreland plan puts quiet a lot of focus on the role of Anginer here as representing the government of Heyra. Can we be sure though that the government they represent is also the one wanted by the people of Heyra? I confess I have less contact with Heyra than East Moreland but it is still a concern. With the intrigue and secrecy that Heyra has around parts of its business world can we be confident such issues haven't headed into their political circles. Before I commit to supporting no fly zones, imposing naval limits on a people and the like how can I be sure its the correct decision for Heyra?"

Altona:
Rutger hadn't expected quiet such hostility from a simple fact gathering question. "You sit around a table a monarchy who literally fight to determine their ruler, a Kingdom of three rulers, a Dukedom where leadership is gathered from a select pool and several monarchies, including our host who did not even use democracy as any form of their government until relatively recently. You also sit around a table with a group of nations who were willing to help. If, in my role as King, I'm potentially being expected to send my military to another nation then I want reassurance that those men and women are not being used as some sort of pawn in a political game. You've made a request for Commando's, something we could have seen our way towards approving, yet instead of giving me assurance that our people would be acting in the best interests of Heyran's you choose to try and give me a lecture in politics." Rutger believed he had made his point, "I will naturally support the decisions of our regional partners but I am yet to be convinced that committing Altonan forces if required is a step I'd take."

Hassfurt:
Guido listened to the words of monarch from East Moreland. David had approach Hassfurt in friendship and Queen Karin in particular believe that he was someone who would try and make the Illumic better. Heyra meanwhile remain a enigma to many in Hassfurt. "The idea of no go zones is I believe a one of sense. What concerns me is we have no past of co-ordination between East Moreland, Heyra and us. We will provide, if Heyra request, planes for our side of the agreement. As for naval areas too we can support. It sound to me however that Heyra wish mainly East Moreland Red Legion for a building. If this is the case do we require such measures?"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version