Roleplay > Diplomacy and Events

The Falcon and the Fox: Akasha and Peter

(1/14) > >>

Beatrice:

Emperor Peter,

After a productive meeting with your daughter, Crown Princess Serenity, I would wish to bring to your attention that the Kingdom of Clysperis has embarked upon the path of evolution my father set forth for the Kingdom shortly before his assassination. I am sorry that I was not aware of his vision, and I wish he and I had more time before he was stolen from this realm. I do find it interesting that, even without knowing of his visit with you, it was the Holy Empire I reached out to in our hour of need and I can say without reservation that you and your Holy Empire have proven themselves time, and time, again. The Holy Empire is a nation which we can trust, and one with which I hope one day my Kingdom may have the closest of relations with.

I know you have a passion for history and foreign cultures so it would please me to invite you to Khemnen before my marriage to Prince Naser for a formal state visit to the Kingdom where we may chart our path forward, as friends. During your stay I would wish to take you within the Great Pyramids of Nafir as well as visiting the Sphinx where we may both view the progress in its restoration. To cap off our visit, I would wish to share with you the monument to our time, the City of Setri, and show you what my People and Nation are capable of.

I hope that I may soon welcome you in Khemen, and that we may talk as you once did with my father concerning the path our nations shall walk. I shall look forward to your reply.

Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re, Sovereign of Sovereigns, Divine of Appearance, Beloved of Amun, Chosen of Ra, Lord of the Three Lands, Ruler of Justice like Ra, High Priest of Every Temple, the Eye of Horus, Satisfied is the heart of Ra.

Achkaerin:

Pharaoh Akasha,

Seeing the copy of the photograph of yourself and my daughter reminded me very much of the time I shared with your father and what we spoke of, to see the first steps taken on a path forged those years ago has filled me with hope that the opportunity that was stolen from us by the tragic death of your father can be fulfilled. You may be aware that Achkaerin has a slight reputation for turning up to overseas visits en masse and given what we may find ourselves discussing I suspect this will hold, so might I request that you communicate a proposed itinerary to us to assist me in this?

I do have a personal request, as I never had the opportunity at the time, I would very much like to pay my respects to your late father, if that can be arranged I would greatly appreciate it. And I do look forward to seeing the Sphinx and the Pyramids. I am intending on attending your wedding as well so I look forward to this visit with great hope.

Peter

Beatrice:

Emperor Peter,

I must admit it was a rather unexpected moment, after all I remember the tense moments we shared at international gatherings. I'm aware of your reputation in that regard, thus I would wish for us to discuss expanded investment opportunities for those in Achkaerin within Clysperis, perhaps seeing some Achkaerinese businesses take advantage of the offerings the Clysperi Special Economic Zone has to offer foreign businesses, the establishment of a Clysperi-Achkaerinese student exchange, the restoration of the Clysperi Shat as our currency to be pegged to the Achkaerinese Iso, and a military modernization program to be drawn up between our respective militaries to ensure my Kingdom never need fear that it shall once again face the hardships it has ever again; whether it be a resurgent Soviet threat, another foreign power looking to attempt to take advantage of the Kingdom and my People, or another Disgraced.

That request is one I am pleased to fulfill. Not too far from Khemnen Palace is my father's mortuary temple and tomb. I shall be happy to have you accompany me there for a visit, and I'm sure he would be pleased to see us visiting together.

Akasha Di-‘nh-mi-Re, Sovereign of Sovereigns, Divine of Appearance, Beloved of Amun, Chosen of Ra, Lord of the Three Lands, Ruler of Justice like Ra, High Priest of Every Temple, the Eye of Horus, Satisfied is the heart of Ra.

Khemnen Palace
Akasha was joined by her Vizier, Apherumes, and Prince Naser to welcome the Achkaerinese who would arrive at the Palace via helicopter. She inspected her Royal Guard who were standing ready to welcome the delegation to the Palace, after which she snuck in a hug with the Prince. "A formal visit to Clysperis, who would have seen this as even a possibility just a year ago?" she asked as she heard the chopper nearing the Palace. "A new day is dawning," she continued, "and I think this path we're embarking upon is one I can trust. After all, I'm following in the steps of my father."

Achkaerin:

It was one of the busiest flights that Fox One, the Achkaerinese royal aircraft, had ever been on, state visits had a habit of doing this anyway but add in the plethora of people from different arenas that were involved in this and the numbers did start to add up as expected this was an 'all hands' job. As the aircraft cruised towards the airport in Khemnen flanked by a pair of Raptorwings the Achkaerinese Emperor Peter Azurewind returned to his seat having been like most people aboard engaged in a briefing led by his special envoy to Midaranye Scotia Conway, there had also been numerous discussions about other aspects of what would likely be discussed. Normally touch down at the airport on these occasions would be met with official greetings but not this time as that would occur at the Palace, instead waiting on the airport tarmac was Achkaerin's ambassador to Clysperis Sienna Chambers, no sooner had the Achkaerinese party disembarked from Fox One than Sienna was hugging the Minister of Foreign Affairs, simply because that was her father.

"Your Majesty." Sienna said turning to Peter "Cars have been arranged for all except the helicopter party."
"I've got them." Scotia said "You catch up with your Dad."

So it was that the delegation split, most to the arranged ground transport while the lead group headed to the waiting helicopter for the flight to the Palace, first out of the helicopter on arrival was Peter who then helped his wife Renee out, followed by Peter's two children Crown Princess Serenity and Prince Simon along with Peter's nieces Sakura and Princess Cerys, it was an unprecedented party. On the other side of the helicopter Sienna, her father and a small handful of others - mainly Peter's advisors disembarked. The Achkaerinese Emperor looked across the short distance towards Akasha and it took him back to when it had been him and her father, many things had been spoken of that day and then with the death of Rameses seemingly consigned to history but trust their daughters to have a thing or two to say about that. Peter smiled and took the first step towards the Pharaoh.

Beatrice:

Akasha and Naser met eyes as they began walking forward to greet Emperor Peter and the Achkaerinese. Behind them stood Khemnen Palace which, if truth be told, looked much the same as it did when it was built all those long years ago. While it had received updates over the years, things like plumbing, electricity, modern networking, the building was preserved as originally as it could be. "Emperor Peter," Akasha said with a smile, "honoured guests, welcome to the Kingdom of Clysperis. I'm pleased you could make it here on such short notice and, if reports from Khemnen International are accurate, you've left quite the impression upon them. Why, they're pleading that I ask you about the design for a new Royal Clysperi transport."

Turning back to Naser she motioned, "Prince Naser, soon to be my husband, though I'm certain you're already well aware of who he is. My Prince, we stand in the company of good people. They carry not the arrogance or prejudice some seem to wear as a badge of honour. It is my hopes that we may leave from this visit on the path to a firm and unshakeable friendship." Naser nodded before speaking with Peter, "Anyone who Akasha holds in such regards has my respect, and I hope I may be able to call upon you as friends as well. Welcome to my home."

"Once we've settled in," Akasha continued, "if it would be alright with the rest of you I would wish for the Emperor and myself to visit my fathers mortuary temple. I feel it is only appropriate that we begin where this path started, with the vision of my father and the Emperor. I'm certain he is most pleased with this day, and I shall see that it lives in the memories of my People for many generations to come."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version