Roleplay > Diplomacy and Events

The Falcon and the Fox: Akasha and Peter

<< < (2/14) > >>

Achkaerin:
"Delighted to be here." Peter said upon meeting Akasha, he smiled "Well if you desired to indulge those pleas the owner of the company in question is in our somewhat larger group being driven here." when Naser was introduced Peter nodded, Naser was the second son of Emperor Abbas of Tamora, many had expected him to be the heir to that Empire but that was not the case he'd been passed over in favour of his brother Jamshid. "Prince Naser I share that hope and I'm sure between the..." he looked around making a somewhat amusing attempt to count their number on both nations parts "Small army of us we can establish something truly special." he looked back to Akasha "I'm looking forward to that visit. So shall we start our journey through the next few days?"

Beatrice:
"I certainly hope so. Now, I won't keep you and the Pharaoh waiting any longer," Naser said warmly, "and I will do what I can to be a hospitable host until your return. I'll also be preparing, along with the Vizier, for the discussions to take place upon your return."

"Let us begin," Akasha said with a smile.

Having arrived at the temple the Pharaoh and the Emperor were surrounded by reliefs as they walked through the hypostyle hall which depicted events during the reign of Ramses V, including the restoration of Clysperi sovereignty from the Soviet occupiers. Other scenes depicted religious rituals and ceremonies, conducted with just as much care as seen in Temples much older than his. Akasha stopped and pointed to one relief, "This one makes more sense to me now," she said as she looked upon a relief depicting her father meeting with a decidedly foreign figure. "I do believe that is you, as the hieroglyphics read "This meeting from beyond our shores, the futu..." Akasha would grow quiet as her words were picked up mid-sentance, ​"...re makes its own path to take. The Kingdom looks to Northern stars and finds tranquil passage. Let the new era be ushered in," Peter would finish.

The Hypostyle Hall
"Yes," Akasha said with notable awe, "Forgive me, I know not why I am surprised. You are a worthy student of our culture, after all. It had always been so cryptic to me before, talk of Northern stars, tranquil passage, a new era, I took it to be more spiritual before. Even in his passing, he sought to leave me breadcrumbs, though I didn't pick up on them. Even in this vast place I feel surrounded by his warmth, his love for both me and our People, and I know he wears a proud smile as we speak here today. As someone who worked with him and spoke with him so soon before his passing, I feel the closest to him I have in some time. Thank you," she said, returning her gaze to the writings and images before them.

Achkaerin:
Peter smiled a little, though the culture was different the idea behind this temple wasn't family mausoleums and temples were reasonably common in Achkaerin, the Azurewind temple sat in the countryside close to Foxton Lake. He looked around, he wasn't what might be called fluent in understanding the pictograph language on the walls but the most ancient of Achkaerinese languages was also of this type and having studied that he could understand some if not all of what he could see now. Again he glanced at Akasha and smiled a little "It's almost like stepping back in time." he said "When I hosted your father we started with a visit to a temple. Only at his request I showed him what we call the Temple of the Brave. It's Achkaerin's monument to it's fallen soldiers, the names of the fallen recorded there from all the conflicts Achkaerin has fought in. Some come to trace their families records, others to research things in particular. Your father was in the latter category." Peter turned towards one of the walls and the smile broadened "And it seems he recorded that which he learned, the heroes of Nafu. It's almost as if he drew us together isn't it?"

Beatrice:
"He was a visionary," Akasha added with a smile, "not looking toward tomorrow, but always five years and beyond from the present. When Serenity showed me that book I looked at what I had been doing and was humbled. How different would things be now had things gone differently and his vision had been put into place when and where it was intended? Though I don't believe he would have seen Setri coming, I can at least lay claim to that and build from there for a modern and vibrant Clysperis that he would most certainly be proud of. I cannot wait," she said touching a wall, "to see his foreign vision and my domestic vision combine into something wonderful; something that will take care of our People for generations to come."

"Though I know my People are excited to host you, I can imagine deliberations going on in capitals across Midaranye at this very moment, they'll be seeking to debase me as the "voice of Midaranye," casting me in the same light as the Occident I speak out against with such furor and devotion. I don't care what they think though, I've withstood a misinformation campaign from the boy in King's robes for quite some time after all, and I know a true friend when they stand before me. You're a man who's stood his ground against friend and enemy alike, never showing bias, always sticking to your values and defending what you believe in with every ounce of strength your nation possesses. You know when a friend needs to hear that they're wrong, even if they don't see it themselves, and you've always sided with justice from the information available to me. I do believe your Empire is just as much a staunch defender of Ma'at as my own Kingdom."

"But," Akasha glanced to the side, "I know neither my father nor the gods would wish for Clysperis to be static: for something which remains static for too long may be considered dead, do you not agree? It's why I forbade my People from employing indentured servitude for even a single day longer and why my Kingdom has entered into its first international agreements. Time changes, the seasons change, there are changes which happen across the span of a single day; the living are never static, from moment to moment they are changing from what they were before into something better than what they were before. I took the Throne believing that taking on the world around us, preserving each and every aspect of what Clysperis was at that moment as if to spite others, was the right path, but my father saw that evolution was the only true course this nation could, and should, take. Thus here we are today, in the hall of my father, and I hope that together we may give birth to that era he wished to see in this life."

After spending some more time walking about the grounds of the Temple they would rejoin those at Khemnen Palace, ready to conduct the work before them. "Though many things remain before us to be discussed I do not dread it," Akasha said as they disembarked their vehicle, "for I know with all certainty I am amongst friends. I only apologize that it was so difficult for us to restore things to their proper path. Is there something you feel would be most important to tackle first as we begin this marathon?" Akasha asked Peter.

Achkaerin:
"In such things it generally pays to start with the basics, we've a lot of ideas and a lot of things we want to discuss." Peter said "However the first thing we should establish is undoubtedly the foundation of the relationship we wish to have. Let others in Midaranye talk of treachery if they wish we both expect that to be the tune in Djerb and probably the south of the region, but perhaps in the halls of Jerusalem and Polua I suspect a different tune will be played, a different view taken. This visit represents many opportunities for our nations to get to know each other better and I'm sure we'll do that and more. I believe we should begin with the basics of diplomacy and then perhaps you'll be agreeable to a proposition some among my party would like to put to you, it'll be a bit of a revolving door I suspect as we talk but I'm confident we'll get the hang of it." he paused as he saw two people waiting for them "May I introduce my Royal chef Anezaki Mellor"

"Your Majesty." Anezaki said giving a respectful bow before indicating the person next to her "My daughter Becky"

"When I hosted your father, he brought his chef along and treated us to an evening meal of Clysperi cuisine." Peter said "I hope you'll indulge me seeking to return the favor."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version