Roleplay > Diplomacy and Events

Protecting Soviet Borders - Waddan, Chistopol, Theocracy of Kaitaine & Elania

(1/4) > >>

Wadden:

To My Esteemed Receipiants

Our four nations share vast differences but we do share one thing in common and that is a border with a Soviet state. For some of us that border once swallowed the land they call home forcing people to turn their back on their heritage, culture, language and faith in order to be "Soveitised". I am perhaps fortunate that our lands desert and lack of understanding of our true resources during the highs of Soviet expansionism where not known or perhaps Waddan would have suffered under the oppression. While I am aware the Soviets are not currently in pursuit of expansion we must forever be on our guard against an ideology that seeks to destroy what we each stand for. As such I would like to invite each of you to send representatives to Waddan Blue to discuss an idea to support our safety should their eyes ever look at violent expansion again.

It would be a great honour to host each of you and an oppurtunity beyond this issue for us to build a friendship.

I look forward to recieving you should this be of interest.

With Great Blessings

Sultan Yahya IV

Chistopol:

To His Majesty Sultan Yahya IV of Waddan

Our nation knows only too well the horrors of occupation by the Soviets. This is a fate that we would wish no nation to go through. While we believe the chances of a repeat of the invasions and threats of the past are minute we are also of the belief that it would be an astute move to meet with others who share our mistrust of the Soviet neighbours. I would therefore be delighted to meet with you, and the others you have contacted. With that in mind I eagerly look forward to visiting your nation.

Best Regards

First Minister Laine.

Libby:

To:- Sultan Yahya IV of Waddan

Our nation has only just shaken off the oppression of the Soviets and we suspect that at some point we may well again find ourselves their target. As such we would be delighted to work together with those who have similar fears. With that in mind I intend to send my Foreign Minister Melissa Debdale and her adviser Duchess Louisa Harkonnen.

It is my hope the nations involved can ensure a strong and brighter future for us all.

Shai Halud Be With You

Reverned Mother
Erin McGregor

Wadden:
The Sultan was not sure whether the prospect of one of these Bene Gesserit women speaking as a supposed equal. It was against the natural order, a woman was put on Mundus to serve her man and in return he would protect them and care for them. Now he was expected to deal with Debdale and Harkonnen like they were respected diplomats. He would bite his tongue and accept that they represented perhaps more people than himself but they had some crazy ideas about the world that he couldn't really respect. The Palace at Sabha was not the grandest on Mundus but to the Sultan it was home. He would be meeting with his guests at the top most floor. It would look over the walled city however with the nights getting darker here in Waddan more people were heading to the capital. Over the next few months people would begin discussing deals between tribes, setting up marriages, arranging trades of horses, camels, goats, sheep or anything else they may need for the year ahead. It would be fighting therefore that the Sultan would be discussing his own arrangements.

He had dispatched  Prince Fadil, his 64 year old and eldest son to meet his guests. It was the first time Fadil had been sent for this kind of duty and frankly he hated Sabha and would much rather have been out among the dunes. Instead he was now waiting at a concrete and glass monstrosity of a building watching the odd plane take off and land. He would hate to be inside one of those speeding metal tubes and was therefore grateful when the first aircraft arrived allowing him to be one step closer to getting out of there and hopefully once his guests had been handed over to his father he could go back to the desert.

Libby:
Both Louisa and Melissa had grown up in Ui Cenneslaig and as such were a little unaccustomed to the climate of the desert of Kaitaine but both were getting used to it now. They expected that Waddan would be little different and as such had dressed in light suits for the visit. As a Truthsayer graduate Melissa wore a white belt around her trousers waist, the rear of which contained her white crystknife, a symbol of her training. Despite a more militaristic education than most she had found herself not sent around the world on military style business, she had instead found herself first working as security in the Cenneg embassies, then as Niklaus Corrino's personal adviser before finding her way to being the Theocracies Foreign Minister. The Duchess meanwhile, despite being a member of one of the Four Holy Houses, was to be a secondary voice her for the Sisterhood. She was a Missionara and had considered wearing her uniform but instead had opted for a similar suit with crossed pen badges stuck to the lapels. Neither had fought against the Soviets but both had contributed in their own little way.

As Debdale approached the host Prince she gave way to the Duchess allowing her noble rank to take a lead for this part. "I am Duchess Louisa" she addressed the Prince, "I'm thrilled to have a chance to be here. We have brought you a gift from our desert home to your own." As a sign of respect for the Princely rank Louisa would have normally spat on the floor showing that she respected him enough to give up some of her water for him, however spitting was frowned upon in some cultures and she was not sure the Prince would understand the gesture and so instead she had arranged a different gift. "This is from our aquifer in the caves of our capital Seitch" She handed over a leather flask rimmed in silver. "May it quence your thirst"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version