Roleplay > Diplomacy and Events

Reinforcing Ties - the Fox and the Wolf

<< < (2/4) > >>

Achkaerin:
Sakura just smiled and led the trio through the gate and into the courtyard. Serenity glanced over from where she was having a drink and walked a little bit away, Sarah got her own drink and followed the Crown Princess.
"How's Revana?" Serenity asked
"Getting there." Sarah said "Levi's still a little annoyed I made Justicar before he did."
"I'll bet he is." Serenity said giggling.

As the two redheads conversed off to one side, Peter smiled at Evelyn and Kaleb "Grab yourselves a plate and some food before the kids grab it all." he said flipping a couple of burgers as he spoke.

Cool101jr:
Kaleb shook Peter's hand then grabbed a drink and a burger, sitting at the table. Evelyn walked up next to Peter and gave him quick side hug before grabbing her own food and drink.

"Thanks for having us, Peter. I know we have business to attend to but I really needed a moment of peace." She said with a smile before taking a bite of her burger and nodding in satisfaction at the delicious food and giving Peter a thumbs up.

"Burgers are delicious, Peter. Keep up the good work, if this Emperor thing doesn't work out you could open a restaurant." Kaleb said, laughing between bites.

"Speaking of Levi, he asked me to talk to Rion or at least Alex for him. He insists he's ready to take the test. I said I'd try, and I don't see them at the moment so I count that as trying." Sarah said with a shrug and a chuckle.

Achkaerin:
"Rion doesn't let just anyone who thinks they're ready take those tests." Serenity said "It's when she decides."

"Don't I know it." Sarah said giggling "You learn that much about yourself during the training."

Over at the barbecue Peter half smiled as he indicated some chairs for Evelyn and Kaleb to sit in.

"So." Peter said "What's on your mind?"

Cool101jr:
"I figured it was something like that." Evelyn said as her and Kaleb sat in the indicated chairs.

"Well I mainly did this for the break before I really start cracking down on my plans in Revana, since we all know there's no need for some official thing. However when I announced my vacation plans, Lord Minister Bartrove insisted I make it an official state visit and bring you this. It's super informal and quickly made up so if you have something better I'm sure Serena wouldn't mind." She set a small closed tube, used by Revana to hold important documents, on the table.

"Feel free to check it out whenever you feel like it. We're in absolutely no hurry." Kaleb said with a contented smile as he patted his stomach.

Spoiler: showIt is agreed today that the nations of Achkaerin and Revana desire to embrace their kinship and support each other in the following goals:

1) Educational Excellence
2) Mutual Security

In order to achieve these aims the nations agree to the following:

1.Educational Excellence

1. Nations agree to open their higher education establishments to citizens of both nations on equal terms with their own.

2. Nations agree that students will not require a visa so long as they meet the following criteria

a) They have meet the requirements of an educational institute for which they hold the offer of a place.
b) They have sufficient funds to cover their course.
c) They pose no risk to national security
d) They have no criminal record

3. Students may work up to 20 hours a week to supplement their studies.

4. Students graduating may remain visa free in their nation of study for two years after graduation.

2.Mutual Security

1. Nations agree to share information regarding potential terrorist activity, so long as

a) It does not breech existing treaties
b) the act of sharing information does not endanger their own nations assets.

2. Nations agree to extradite suspected criminals so long as;

a) Reasonable suspicion is shown
b) A trial under the Mundus Convention of Universal Rights is guarenteed.
c) The nation to which extradition will occur will not impose a death penalty.

3. Nations agree to solve problems peacefully between themselves. They agree should no agreement be reached between themselves that a neutral nation be asked to arbitrate.

4. Nations agree to a series of bi-annual military games.

5. Nations agree to offer support during times of natural disaster if requested or if another nations government is incapable of operating.

6. Nations in the agree to joint naval and air patrols when practical.

7. Nations shall come to the aid of each other in the event of attack by any entity, Foreign or Domestic

3. General Provisions

1. The nations shall maintain an active embassy in each others home territory.

Achkaerin:
Peter read through the treaty proposal and then handed it over to Serenity and his son Simon to glance at, it wasn't surprising when Serenity pulled out a pen and along with Simon spent five minutes very quickly going through it with Sakura and Sarah right there as well, Peter just had to giggle "They've been involved in so many summits" he said looking at Evelyn "It's got to the point of them being very well versed in how to do this."

Eventually Serenity handed a much more scribbled version of it with additions, arrows and crossings on it to Evelyn "We'll get a more formal version done later but this is what we think works." she said

Spoiler: showIt is agreed today that the nations of Achkaerin and Revana desire to embrace their kinship and support each other in the following goals:

1) Diplomacy
2) Trade
3) Travel
4) Educational Excellence
5) Mutual Security

In order to achieve these aims the nations agree to the following:

1. Diplomacy

1. The nations shall maintain an active embassy in each others home territory.

2. The appointed ambassador or their representative shall present themselves to the host nations government/leadership within 24 hours of being summoned

3. In the event of a dispute between the nations, they agree to resolve it by peaceful means as far as possible including third party mediation.

2. Trade

1. There will be no tariffs on goods transported between the two nations

2. There will be no land taxes towards landowners of the two nations, with the condition that construction contracts of manufacturing and production in these properties be granted to corporations in the two nations.

3. The nations shall allow the companies of each others nations to establish a presence in each others nations so long as the following criteria are met:
i) The company adhere to all local laws regulating the practice of their business.
ii) The Company pay all locally required taxes
iii) The Company recruit at least 70% of its staff from host nation citizens.

4. A foreign company shall not be charged any additional taxes or charges beyond that paid at a local level for removing profits back to their nation.

5. Goods traded between the two nations shall possess an identifiable label indicating nation of production and be accompanied by a certificate of origin.

3. Travel

1. The nations agree to define travel into three categories;
i) Business
ii) Tourist
iii) Study

2. Each of these purposes shall have their own conditions which all member nations shall accept.

3. Business travel may be visa free if the traveller posses a written invite from a host nations government or company, they have a return ticket booked within 20 days, can financially support their stay and are not deemed a threat to nation security. This may be renewed twice with the consent of the host country.

4. Tourist travel may be visa free for up to 60 days provided the following conditions are meet, the traveller has no intention to take paid employment during their stay, has funds to cover their stay, has evidence of leaving the nation before the end of the 60 day window and is not deemed a threat to national security.

5. Students will not require a visa to study in the other nation so far as the following conditions are meet, the student has a letter of acceptance from a registered institute of learning, they can cover the cost of both their course and their stay in the host nation and they are not deemed a threat to national security. Any students residing in the other nation are restricted to a maximum of 15 hours paid employment a week. Students graduating may remain visa free in their nation of study for two years after graduation.

6. Travellers buying locally produced goods will not be charged import duties upon their return home so long as the goods are within limits set for personal use.

4.Educational Excellence

1. The nations agree to open their higher education establishments to citizens of both nations on equal terms with their own.

2. The nations agree to promote exchange programs between their respective educational institutions.

3. There shall be an annual Academic Games between teams of university students from the respective nations.

4. The nations will consult on best educational practice on an annual basis.

5. The nations will work to ensure parity across subject matter for all students regardless of individual background, gender, learning difficulty etc.

5.Mutual Security

1. Nations agree to share intelligence regarding threats to each other when doing so does not break existing agreements a nation is party to or endanger their own operations.

2. Nations agree to extradite suspected criminals so long as;

a) Evidence of the alleged crime is shown
b) A trial under the Mundus Convention of Universal Rights is guaranteed.
c) The nation to which extradition will occur will not impose the death penalty.

3. Nations agree to offer support during times of natural disaster if requested or if another nations government is incapable of operating.

4. Nations in the agree to joint naval and air patrols when practical.

5. An attack against one nation shall be considered an attack against both nations

6. The above article is invalidated if either Achkaerin or Revana is the aggressor in the situation.

7. Achkaerin shall bring Revana under the Cerberus missile defence network umbrella.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version