Roleplay > TV Shows

Rosendahl Report - Neu Urburzis Special

(1/1)

KrisNord:

Anyone with more than a slight interest in social media won't have failed to notice hashtags connected to an upcoming competition like no other. As is inkeeping with Neu Urburzis tradition the bride of the Emperor will be chosen following a competition which has seen significant international interest ranging from relatives of the Empress of Rokkenjima to members of the Lodjain extended court and even a Truthsayer of the Bene Gesserit faith. Over the coming months ladies from across the globe will take part in a contest that will ultimately be determined by the citizens of Neu Urburzis who will have a chance to pick their Empress, and Gods willing, the mother of the next Empress. It is perhaps a rather unique contest and I am very happy to say the groom to be has agreed to speak with us regarding the competition. My guest tonight is His Imperial Majesty Emperor Orion. Your Majesty its an honour to be here with you tonight.

KR -  If I can begin by getting some background for our viewers. The media have begun speculation about the contest that takes place to name your future bride. For our international viewers could you describe what will take place and your role in it?

Emperor Orion - “The contest could be described as the Mundus Games for the Uburzians, and was the most important contest for decades, especially before we came out of isolation. The exact way the contest is held tends to change according to a committee appointed by the elder senate. Though it always features physical, diplomatic and etiquette based contests. My own role in it is usually limited to showing my approval or lack there off to the candidates.”

KR - You've already attracted several foreign contenders. Do you think this will be an advantage or disadvantage for them in this competition?

EO - “It will change the way the contest work, so the answer is hard to predict for now. I do believe the fact most of them are high profile will give them an initial edge, though.”

KR -  You're nation has many religious cults within it and so far very few of the contenders share that religion.  What impact will that have on the competition?

EO - “Ah, our believe is very open in that regard, though most of them don't believe in gods as people or even having an agenda to start with, they are the very forces of nature. Giving them a name and humanizing them is just seen as somewhat backwards but not too much of an issue. It might give them a disadvantage if they are too zealous, though.”

KR - There are several countries competing with whom Neu Uburzis have strong diplomatic ties. To what extent is this going to help the candidates from those nations, and for the candidates from nations you don't share much diplomacy with will this play a role.

EO - “It will depend on them, the contest is coming down to my People voting for the the next empress, so having an established profile and more visibility will naturally garner more attention right away, and improve your chances to pass the first rounds.”

KR - Why do you think so many foreign contenders have entered the competition and what impact do you think this will have on the competition in the future?

EO - “The Senates had long discussions about it. It came down to the desire to have the option to vote change in if we so desire, and that requires new viewpoints to enter the competition. As for why they have entered? Some probably for glory, others for duty, some might believe they can fix me. ”

KR - You say that contestants may feel they can fix you? What would they need to fix in your, or your people's view?

EO - It's no secret i'm Gay. And it's also common place in many religions to believe we need to be fixed onto the right path or salvated from our so called sins. The Uburzians have been far more pragmatic on the topic, many having even long held the believe true love only to be possible between same sex couples, while procreation being the duty of every human. Not an unproblematic view either, admittedly, but that's how my people are."

KR  Can you describe what you think the perfect Empress of Neu Uburzis would be like?

EO - “A Mother that listens and is there for her Children, that supports and loves them. That will not raise her hand against them unfairly.”

KR - If we assume a foreigner became Empress what role in Neu Uburzis society would she likely have?

EO - “The Empress, or the Emperor if I was a woman, is not necessarily politically active, though  it has happened before. She'd be a candidate to become a regent if one is necessary, but her role is for the most part expected to raise and prepare the next Emperor or Empress. Seeing how many children my mother had, you can imagine that it's a full time job in and off itself.”

KR Do you have any particular opinions about the field of candidates at the moment?

EO - Due to the Nature of the Contest and to give all candidates a fair chance, I will refrain from answering at this point in time. My opinion on the Candidates will have an impact after all.”

KR What advantages and disadvantages do you think this system has over such other monarchies where the monarch is free to pick their own consort?

EO - “The Idea behind it is to ensure that all who sit upon the Throne are prepared for the task and the Empire gets to have a say in who they are and what they value. I'm a Failsafe in Case our vast Senate system is too slow to react or cannot find consents. And with my vast powers, one of the things I have to give up in return is this choice. We aren't as much a traditional monarchy as we are a democracy to our core with a hereditary failsafe. The comparison simply doesn't work.”

KR - If we can turn away from the contest for a moment or two. As Emperor you've been pretty focused on your education. Where does that stand at the moment and what are your plans once you're done with schooling?

EO - "I'm currently finishing my last year at the Academy. I was crowned when just thirteen, and as cynical as it sounds, i think the Emperor should at least have finished basic education with a degree. If I'll be able to continue from there on is rather doubtful though, as even a bachelors degree would take time i might not have already being the Emperor

KR -  While the competition is running you'll be busy with the day to day running of the Empire. What should our viewers expect to see over the coming few months?

"Most of the day to day works are currently still done by my Cousin and Regent Prince Albrecht. I'll share the Plight of every student and have to ready myself for the finals. I expect a lot of fighting between the candidates, and historically the competition gets more, excuse me the word, ugly the smaller the field. There's already a lot of explosive potential. A Soap Opera, but this time a very real one i'm afraid

Sadly this is all we have time for tonight. I'm very grateful for the Emperor giving up his precious time and I'm sure my viewers will join me in wishing you all the best for your upcoming exams and your future wedding. Your Majesty we are extremely grateful and hope we can perhaps speak with you and your new wife in the future. For now this has been Krista Rosendahl in Neu Urburzis.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version