Author Topic: Utman Declaration of Independence  (Read 14956 times)

Offline Sam

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Saheristan
Re: Utman Declaration of Independence
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2017, 10:46:06 PM »
President Ashkan smiled as the Arstotzkan statement was read out loud. He had read it before, of course, but took amusement from hearing the words out loud.

"Such bluster, such threats; these communists are so ironically reactionary. They reinforce our points well. Should we wish to increase the scale of our deployment to Lakhzovia, we need only cite these Arstotzkan threats of force to do so, to both the public and the international community. High Commissioner Shafar, are your recommendations from the Qasbah ready for presentation? We will need a public reason to deploy more air assets to Lakhzovia, and we have just been given one."

High Commissioner of Defence, Mohammed Shafar, was an ex-airman himself. He answered professionally and curtly, as if back in uniform.

"Of course, Mr President. While nothing would occur without Lakhzov approval, I agree that the ante needs to be upped; a message needs to be sent, while also gauging how the Rokkenjimans and Achkaerinese respond, we will also be able to press home the Lakhzov-Saheristani air advantage while we still have it.

I do not know Kadassa well enough to recognise whether he would be bold enough to green-light Operation Shamal while also engaging diplomatically with his detractors, but such an operation conducted by our planes blows back less on him. The question should at least be asked of him."

The President nodded, waving for the phone.

"Get me President Kadassa, as soon as possible."

President Khalid Amin Ashkan
The Republic of Saheristan

Wiki Pages:
Saheristan Profile
Insurgency in Lalishistan

Offline Lakhzovia

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Lakhzovia
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2017, 11:23:10 PM »
Kadassa had been alerted of the incoming call and had retired to his office before picking it up. "President Ashkan, to what do I owe the great privilege of your phone call?"

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2017, 11:48:41 PM »

Statement from the Emperor of Achkaerin

Not that long ago, on the matter of Rokkenjiman sanctions being imposed on Kaitaine Achkaerin's Deputy National Security Adviser Saki Ryoko addressed the Senate in what was an excellent speech and potentially one that significantly made an impact on the swing members within the chamber. I mention this speech because of one particular phrase "you do not achieve peace by taking sides, you achieve peace through coordination, through collaboration, through talking". In the instance of this present situation Achkaerin has been clear from the start about it's neutrality in the matter, we initially called and continue to call for negotiations between the Lakhzovians and the Utman. We reacted with a military response only when we saw a concerning Lakhzovian military escalation of the situation containing a particular allegation that was not disputed by the Lakhzovian Government the statement in question suggested that we were looking at another potential Mercia type situation and I will not permit that horror to happen again not if it can be prevented, it may well have been an overreaction but I believe the reasoning to have been at the very least understandable.

Under normal circumstances the Orange Flag would have expired by now and there would have been a deescalation of the situation in terms of Achkaerinese troops in the Peniche with our focus shifting to aiding the Somerset Defence Force monitor their border with Lakhzovia because as I'm sure everyone appreciates it is in everyone's interests to keep this situation contained. However the Chemical Plant incident prevented that deescalation, we have a report that we trust the content of however we have no satisfactory explanation for why the CTO was misled concerning it, this is a matter I am pleased to hear that President Kadassa is going to address and I hope it will allow me to stand down my forces at least in part. In addition to this we have then seen unhelpful developments notably from Saheristan in terms of pointing missiles at the Iwi and Rokkenjima, a position that is quite alarming and threatens to ignite the whole situation. And now from President Kaminsky of Arstotzka we see the same sort of unhelpful rhetoric that while undoubtedly well intended does little other than inflame a situation where negotiation feelers were being put out and the situation was to some degree calming down.

I will once more restate Achkaerin's position, we have not recognized in any form the Utman Republic due to our deeply held respect of international law and conventions. However I appreciate that with a fleet parked off the Lakhzovian Coast it does not appear to be the case. But with progress being made on the diplomatic front I will make the following offer to the Lakhzovian Government - I am prepared to order the withdrawal of all but six vessels from the present position in the Peniche and to freeze the deployment of Achkaerinese forces at Tiannamin in acknowledgement of the initially held fear not materializing in exchange for  a meeting with a Lakhzovian Official on how we may put a stop to the conflict for the moment so that those talks already in progress may yield meaningful results. I would also ask the Utman to suspend their military campaign while such a meeting takes place. If Lakhzovia wishes to take me up on this offer they can send a message via their embassy in Valtheim.

Emperor Peter Azurewind

Offline Sam

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2017, 03:17:12 PM »
“President Kadassa, I am delighted to finally speak to you directly. I hope you and your kin are remaining well, in spite of these trials we face together.

I am sure you have read the statement from Arstotzka. It is the opinion of my Marital Staff Council that the Arstotzkan threats to unilaterally intervene in Lakhzovian affairs constitute a major threat. Kaminsky is clearly deranged; and his country is a severely destabilizing influence on the region, as my CTO Ambassador will be stating shortly. The need to discourage Arstotzkan intervention is clear.

Should Arstotzkan forces violate your borders in support of the Utman, they will need to take control of at least one mountain pass. To succeed without the heaviest of losses they will need to establish air superiority over the Spine Mountains. Without this, the odds are stacked against them, as they will be facing heavily dug-in troops in mountainous terrain against whom they cannot deploy consistent air-support. Therefore, it is imperative that we limit their ability to deploy their air assets by deploying a number of Saheristani surface-to-air missile platforms in Lakhzovia.

Our latest surface-to-air missile system, the S-400, can engage up to eighty simultaneous air targets at ranges of up to four-hundred kilometres. General Khan has recommended the deployment of four S-400 systems, each supported by an earlier S-300 SAM for fall-back defence, to effectively cover the airspace above Transmecuria. With your government’s approval, we will prepare accordingly.

However, Kaminsky has handed us a free turn in this game, I feel. While threatening, his statement has provided an opportunity.

My High Commissioner of Defence, Mohammed Shafar, has suggested an SAF air attack upon the recently seized airport the ULO is using to smuggle weapons and personnel into your country. Scenarios range from the destruction of the airport’s runway, to the runway and entire surrounding airport. Either way, we doubt the ULO has the coordination or the expertise to properly restore the runway to working order quickly.

This operation is aggressive enough to damage the ULOs new supply route, and remind them of their powerlessness against our air forces, while being less antagonizing to the Rokkenjimans and Achkaerinese than escalating directly to a ground invasion of Transmecuria would be. If this strike is framed against today’s Arstotzkan threat of invasion, we will still be able to appear the less hawkish actors. What do you think?”

Wiki Pages:
Saheristan Profile

Offline Lakhzovia

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2017, 11:42:48 AM »
"Lakhzovia welcomes the offer for Saheristani anti-air emplacements to be deployed to our north. We have begun the process of fortifying our border with Artstotszka in order to hinder the progress of any land invasion, if we are able to effectively remove the threat of their air force and ensure out own air superiority over the battlefield then there is a good chance that they will be deterred from even attempting to intervene, or should they be foolish enough to do so, we should be able to deliver a crushing defeat against them.

As to your suggestion regarding disabling Kinere Airport, this is something we ourselves have been considering for some time. So far we have held our hand in an attempt to head off further criticism, or intervention. However given how we have effectively turned the narrative on the Vilniz Chemical Plant incident we are now confident that the destruction of an airport known to be used to supply the terrorists will be able to be justified to the international community.

We also feel at this point that such an act will signal that while we are yet giving peace a chance, that we are absolutely prepared to go ahead with a military option should we deem the progress towards de-escalation be unsatisfactory. I think for all their bluff the powers realise that going to war with Lakhzovia and Saheristan puts them in too vulnerable a situation and risks too much damage for little to no payoff; I doubt any sensible nation is so suicidal as to start such a war.

In the meantime we are preparing the Hand of Emet militia for deployment to Transmecuria. As a 'non-state' actor they will have more freedom to operate than we do, they can begin the process of bringing the region back under Lakhzov control and soften up the Utman strongholds for when we eventually need to move in and secure the region. This way we can win the war before anyone realises it's actually started."

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2017, 12:07:33 PM »
OOC - before any such air strikes happen can someone clarify where the Saheristan jets in question would be coming from?

Offline Sam

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2017, 12:18:41 PM »
OOC: Saheristan deployed air and ground forces to Lakhzovia some time ago. This was decided during Prescient Kadassa and Ambassador Alnahdi's meeting.

Wiki Pages:
Saheristan Profile

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2017, 10:13:04 AM »

An Encrypted Message To Mr. Uttaman
This message meets the highest of encryption standards and is intended for your eyes only.

The First Empire has become increasingly concerned by the actions of the Lakhzov Government and its Saheristani allies. While the time has not yet arrived where this Imperial Government may recognize your Government publicly, I believe the time has long passed that the First Empire offers your forces a more direct measure of support.

Following deliberations with the Imperial Council I am prepared to offer you an extension of anti-missile defense capabilities based within the Commonwealth of Somerset. Should Lakhzov forces or their Saheristani allies target territory which is under your control I have authorized Rokkenjiman anti-missile defense systems to engage missiles aimed at those territories under your control. Any firing of Rokkenjiman systems will be chalked up as a miscalulation by Rokkenjiman systems, a level of plausible deniability allowed by the venomous rhetoric of our adversaries.

Furthermore I have authorized Rokkenjiman corporations to provide on a lend-lease basis materials to provide for the defense of the Utman homeland. Utilizing economic back-channels Rokkenjima is prepared to offer the Utman Republic access to arms and armaments as determined necessary to preserve Utman society, and hold off outright military action on the part of Lakhzovia and Saheristan.

The Utman Republic does not stand alone, and while the charade of diplomacy may play out before us the First Empire holds little doubts as to the outcome. Kadassa will continue to string the international community along a chain of promises and assurances, neither of which hold any actual value. When the day comes that this realization dawns upon the broader international community this First Empire will be among the first to stand along a free and independent Utman Republic.

Should there be any further needs which I have not addressed with this communication please do not hesitate to inform me. The Utman do not stand alone; despite the campaign against you I know in my heart that, just as Rokkenjimans were labelled extremists, the labels applied to the Utman ring hollow. From this point forward may we coordinate our responses to each transgression against the Utman right to self-determination.

In friendship and solidarity;

Evanthe Rhodes
Empress of Rokkenjima
Lord Protector of Somerset

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline KrisNord

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Nya Åland/Ui Cenneslaig
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2017, 01:55:22 PM »
Quote from: STATEMENT FROM KING FINLEY OF UI CENNESLAIG

Over the past few weeks we have seen situations escalate regarding this incident. Currently we have several issues.

1. The lack of action by the CTO, whom Lakhozovia is a member.

2. Threats made by other nations not directly involved in the matter.

In regards to the first issue my nation had considered approaching the Cross Mundus Agency to establish some kind of response to the situation. This was deemed uneccessary as Lakhzovia are CTO members and seem to be willingly engaged in the discussion of a resolution. My understanding is however that this is stalling because nations being accused in some ways of taking sides. We therefore are willing to go to the CMA and ask them to act as a neutral party in these matters should the CTO require it and Lakhzovia approve.

The second matter is of more concern to me. We have seen veiled threats made towards nations such as The Iwi by the pro-Lakhzovian nations. This is unacceptable, just because you may disagree with a nation's politics it does not give a right to threaten them. We therefore call upon Saheristan to publically state within 48 hours that they will not target The Iwi. Failure to do so will leave us with no choice other than to mobilise a 2nd fleet to the region to supplement our defensive forces there.

We furthermore ask that Artsotzka give an undertaking that they will not take action while talks still progress and urge them to engage with the situation diplomatically before making ridiculous threats.

The Ui Cenneslaig government are hopeful of a peaceful solution.

King Finley.

Offline Sam

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2017, 03:32:32 PM »
“Excellent. We will begin preparations to expand our expeditionary contingent in your country to include these SAM batteries, as discussed. We must offer our thanks to President Kaminsky at some point; he is doing much to assist us.

I also am glad to hear that you feel as I do. We will therefore leave the decision of whether or not to strike Kinere Airport to your forces. I would also like to take this opportunity that my government is also unwaveringly committed to military options alongside yours, if diplomacy does fail. We will never countenance an independent Utman state.

So far, I feel this entire venture is proceeding very much to our advantage. Ambassador Hokh acquitted himself excellently before a hostile CTO chamber, and won us significant capital. Now, while the Hand of Emet does their work, we will prepare our forces for the next phase. With our offer to your satisfaction, and your forces already considering the destruction of Kinere Airport, is there anything else you would like to discuss?”

Statement by the External Bureau of the Republic of Saheristan
Regarding the Statement of HRH King Finley

I must admit I am somewhat baffled by today’s Ceinneg statement.  I can only assume that His Majesty refers to our recent military drills, which were conducted as part our regular testing and training regime, when he speaks of supposed threats we have made. It is not our business how military analysts choose to interpret our intentions and capabilities when exercising our sovereign right to test and train our weapons and forces. Our entirely legal tests cannot be reasonably compared to the warmongering Artsotzkan bravado we have seen recently.

At no stage have any statements from our government made any threats of unprovoked military action against the Iwi, and I challenge the King’s representatives to disprove this. We have broken off diplomatic relations with the IWi as they support a terrorist state in allegiance with our domestic foes, and we have asserted we will take military measures in defence of ourselves and our interests if necessary. No more.

Therefore, we dismiss this ultimatum, as we are unarguably innocent of the transgressions we are accused of.

King Finley’s unsolicited and frankly unwelcome interjection into our domestic affairs is troubling. Should Ui Cenneslaig deploy their forces to this region, they will be exposing their demands as a transparently dishonest justification to further destabilize this sensitive situation.

We hope that this is not the case, as we expect better than this from the Kingdom of Ui Cenneslaig, and therefore implore King Finley to reconsider his position in this matter.

High Commissioner Ibrahim Hussein Al-Madhavi
External Bureau of the Republic of Saheristan

Wiki Pages:
Saheristan Profile

Offline Lakhzovia

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2017, 03:53:23 PM »
"I agree, Mr Hokh has handled himself remarkably, as have your own staff.

There is one issue remaining. The pressure is increasing for some sort of attempt to reign in your rhetoric, and I shortly will be doing so. As previously discussed this will help give the impression of Lakhzov determination to contain the situation and further expose the imperialist warmongers for what they are.

I bring this up only in order that you should know that we remain steadfast, despite coming appearances, to our partnership."

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2017, 08:25:15 PM »
Peter sat in his study with his Foreign Affairs Adviser Nettie Taylor, Chief of Staff Kumiko Arkwright and Defence Minister Adam Sheppard.

"We're running out of time here." Nettie said "The question that needs an answer Peter is this - at what point do we go in?"
"Adam?" Peter asked
"Difficult one Peter." Adam said "We have the capability to go in but we need a clear reason for doing so and at the moment all we have is a frightening rhetoric from Lakhzovia and Saheristan. We could take a closer look at the Chemical Plant but all we'd have is circumstantial evidence. We have a clear and justified concern and if this spirals out of control to the extent we fear then we'd have just cause, but for all the frightening narrative being fronted up there's nothing going on that isn't outside the norm."
"Give me an overview Nettie." Peter said

"We've had the Utman at the negotiating table from day one." Nettie said "Getting Lakhzovia there is the issue, there's East Moreland's four point plan which works provided the Utman agree to it which I think they would because it gets them and Lakhzovia to the table. But Kadassa may not come to the table and if he doesn't then this could be madness."
"You think he's stalling?" Peter asked "Buying time for something?"
"I think the lack of any response to your offer which you caveated with a guarantee of him coming to the table is an indicator of that but it will be interesting to see the Lakhzovian response to the East Moreland four point plan." Nettie said "It's simple and common sense he can't refuse it."

"One move left." Peter said "We call the Utman's bluff."
"So we're going to put it all on Olivia at Establishment Day?" Kumiko asked
"Kadassa wants a resolution to the situation we'll give him one and while we're at it we'll satisfy ourselves and everyone else as to the intentions of the Utman while ensuring concerns on all sides are put to rest." Peter said "What's Sakura going to do?"
"Push the Morelander plan I'd expect." Adam said
"One way or the other that resolution needs to get sorted." Nettie said "Kadassa must either commit to a negotiation process mandated by a CTO resolution or he declines and shows his true colours."
"Adam two contingencies you know what to do." Peter said
"Yes." Adam said

Offline Sam

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2017, 02:35:43 PM »
“By all means do so. After all, I suggested this course of action in the first place. No matter how we manipulate appearances, our interests of maintaining stability against the separatists and containing the overtures of the imperialists will remain closely aligned.

Still, thank you for the advance warning. My supporters control the editorial offices of the Al-Šāṭi News network; I am confident in our ability to mitigate the fallout from your criticism. It is much easier to sell that we are taking on board critique from our allies than backing down from the threats of our foes. Later, when we are hailed as the men who kept our respective nations intact, it will not matter.”

Wiki Pages:
Saheristan Profile