Roleplay > The Other World

Region on the Coast

<< < (2/2)

Holy King:
As Demir entered the Guild Tower, he noticed stares looking at him, presumably - no most definitely - because of the mask. Walking past the walls covered in mosaics of the most renowned adventurers and past the area where the people coming to slay the dragon stood by, he climbed up a series of stairs and opened two doors made of a brown oak, lightly decorated with charms and runes, and saw where the guild leads of Sybos sat and stood by. The two parties greeted each other with a bow and began to make talk around a pipe and alcohol. "How goes your fine day, Sir Demir?" Demir took off his mask and began to drink the clear liquid tasting of sweet fruit. "Goes all fine, Lord Serif, here from the duke himself, if you don't already know." Serif took a deep hit from the pipe, letting out a mass of white smoke after he breathed out. "I do know of your mission, word spreads like wildfire here. I can assure you that this group of hunters will be the finest party known to man." Lord Serif spoke soft and quietly as a man his age would do, but that man who spoke next, Nessim of Lesser Ruvid, spoke brashly and fierce, as he was younger then both Demir and Serif. “The duke sent you, Sir Demir, and I have no quarrels with you, but must I say this, are you really the best person for this mission?" Demir took another drink, downing all the beverage in a single gulp, wiping off his mouth with his sleeve. "Rest assured, Sir Nessim, I know that you are younger than me by many years but I hope you remember the Red Demon Hunt, yes? I can assure you that I will lead the adventurers to victory." He gave him a smile, or at the very least, the best thing that could be considered a smile. Demir got up, dusted himself off, tied the sash more so and left the room. He heard the old lord say a soft goodbye to him as the door was almost shut . Putting on his mask, he set off to view the group of adventurers more closely.

In the courtyard three people were training, training with what ever they had. Spears and bow were being thrown and shot, sword clashed against sword and Demir even heard the sound of horses moving. Watching over the soon-to-be hunters as they trained, he thought about the trail they would have to go to Iskar, or whatever remained of it. Following the river Sybos up north, then turning east and heading towards the mountains, they would find the ruins, but what about the way between here and there? He thought long and hard, the roads were bandit territory this time of year, and the bandit clans of hills were savage upon anyone approaching on their lands. Well then, might have to knock out two birds with the same stone then.

yasha:
"Hungry?" the man asked with an amused smirk. Veasna turned her head towards him, slightly embarrassed. "A little, a few weeks' travel on foot does that to you!" she exclaimed, turning her head back to look at the vendor at work preparing her meal. With just a quick glance at her face and the tall headdress she wore, the man could immediately where she was from, even if most people outside the immediate area of Ridyamat did not know such a place even existed. "Let me guess, Tyrridian?" he inquired between swigs of ale. "I am Tazir, by the way."

Veasna turned back to him, stifling a sly little grin. "That's right, you're better read than most here. Call me Veasna" she chuckled. "You know, I can only imagine one reason a Tyrridian would come as far as Sybos. You're one of those researchers, aren't you?" he asked, slowly figuring out who this girl was simply by judging the way she answered her questions. Something seemed different about her; she was very good at veiling the truth, even for a Ridayati.

"Ah, yes actually. Plenty of people around Tyrridia aren't even aware Sybos exists; it's up to me to make sure they know now." Veasna said with an excited smile, slamming her notebook down on the table and quickly sketching down bits and pieces of the city, even a hasty portrait of Tazir himself. "I see." he replied, trying to get a closer look at the pages she'd sketched. "If you really want to take some notes on the flora and fauna of this place, the Guild here has been rallying people from across the world. Naturally don't think word would reach Tyrridia, but since you're here, maybe you'd want to take a look?"

Veasna's wandering eyes locked onto his. "What does this guild do? I'm not here long-term you know, I'm not just going to join something to leave right away." He smiled, without a doubt piquing her interest. "Didn't say it had to be long-term, the Guild takes in adventurers and sends them off to hunt fauna once in awhile, you don't look like a hunter type, but you are a mage, aren't you?"

"Ah, no actually. I'm just a scholar." Veasna turned her head away in embarrassment. Tazir raised an eyebrow, he could tell she wasn't lying, but it wasn't entirely the truth either, 'just a scholar' wouldn't ring so many bells in his head. "Eh, I'm sure they'll have use for you, bet they'll even let you study the remains if they like you enough."

Her eyes lit up. "Really!? After I eat, let's go have a look!" she squealed with excitement. "Sure, you might want to find a place to get settled after though." Tazir said, grinning. The two continued conversing while Veasna cleaned off her plate, then made their way to the Guild Tower.

Holy King:
Demir left the Guild Tower, walking down the ancient roads of Sybos making his way towards the River Quarters, towards the Merchant Hall Guild. Entering the building he went where the main heads were located. Demir entered a long hallway, covered with paintings of the foundations of Sybos and the river which had the same name. Demir had always found this odd, semingly as no one went this way from the outside.

Opening another set of grand oak doors, Demir found himself facing down the main Merchant Guild leaders, dressed in the orange and blue colors of the guild, and all wearing an official badge. “Ah Demir. We’ve been wondering when you’d show up. Your little expedition is the talk of the town now.”, the oldest, a man by the name of Pataki, hailing from the most eastern of provinces as could be heard through his thick accent, had said. “Aye. I’m here now. How much will the “little expedition” cost?” Pataki sighed, scratched his chin before looking at one of his compatriots by the name of Ziad. Ziad looked at the reports the guild had sent, showing the number of everything; from the horse's, to manpower, weapons, food, and everything in between. “It’s a rough guess of how long it will take but…” he rubbed his temple before looking back up at Demir, “Around 40 Akets per day plus around 20 silver for everything you bought.” Demir looked at the merchants from his mask, before responding with, “Surprisingly cheaper than I thought. Can I have a copy of the report?” Pataki nodded before he handed Demir the papers. “Well than gentlemen I am off.”, Demir said. “Lords be with you.”, the merchants said. “I hope.”

Walking back to the tower, Demir saw a the sign of an armorer's shop, rusting with age. Entering in, he greeted the shop owner, someone he new closely, a man from the Southern Islands by the name of Floros. Taking off his mask he greeted with a smile. “Demir! It is good to see you again you burnt son of bitch!” Demir looked at Floros, then at his wares before shooting back a “I see you’re still scamming people with cheap weapons?” Floros laughed, smiling while saying “Aye! Still can say you were the first though.” “That I was.”, Demir said smile disappearing from his face. “You’re aware of what I want, right.” “Correct.”, Floros said, his wide smile turing into a sly grin. “And it’ll cost you.” Demir looked at him doubt in his eyes. “And why is that, I might ask?” Floros walked to the back of shop, clearly looking for something as rustling and falling tools could be heard. “Because…”, he grunted as he lifted up a maroon box. “It’s the complete set.” Demir was stunned, looking at the box.”Really? How’d you even get it?” Floros took out a key and unlocked it before stepping aside for Demir to see for himself. “I still have some contacts from my time with the duke, and let’s just say, they know some people.” Opening the box, Demir lay his eyes upon a new set of armor, a complete silver coated lamellar set of High Thalic steel, with a matching red coat under it, plus a new mask. “I must say, I am impressed. How much is it.” Floros thought about it for a moment. “500 Akets.” “No hesitation, you greedy old man. Ask the duke for my money, I’m sure he knows where I have it.” Floros handed him the key, to which Demir locked it.

“Well then I’ll be off. I have a small army to lead.” Floros looked at him, his smile back plastered on his face. “Well then, be safe.” Demir put back on his mask. “Of course.” Giving a Sybosi one finger salute, he left the shop and back to tower as the sun began to set.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version