Author Topic: Uburzis Summercamp 2018  (Read 6285 times)

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Neu Uburzis
Uburzis Summercamp 2018
« on: April 23, 2018, 11:49:40 PM »
23.4.2018 Mundus - during Add-Breaks or in Video Loading Screens:

Three old Men sit in their armchairs,  sipping whiskey and smoking cigars: "When i was young, we would go out and punch someone making jokes about my mother! Now they get detention when they defend their family honor with their fists!"  The man in an Grey silk Kimono shook his head, puffing smoke: "Seriously, the lad is such a whimp normally, and his Father grounds him for finally standing up to himself and the family. At least he takes after my Daughter."

Pictures of a boy, wearing broken glasses with his fist clenched and blood on his lips flicker in the Grandfathers smoke, before a second old man whisks the smoke away with his hand:

"You are the lucky one here. At least your Grandson isn't the one first running his mouth and then crying his eyes out locking himself in for the rest of the day after getting punched. Heck he had a little bruise nothing more."  The man sporting a bright red tunic, a sword leaning on the side of his armchair: "I had a hard time explaining to his Parents that forbidding him to talk to your Grandson is the worst they could do. I punched you several times, and got punched by you. That's how real friendship forms. A scuffle here and there, and lemonade after."

The amber Whiskey mirrors a boy sitting on his bed, whipping tears away from his bruised cheek, glancing doubtfully at a training blade and fencing trophies, before the image blurred again from a sip being taken.

"My son is a darn Accountant. No drop of fight in him. Dresses his Girls as if they are dolls. Heck whenever they get a little mud he tells them that it's not how girls behave. I did not raise him to garden Daisies. Needs to make sure my darling Roses grow some Thorns!" the man polished a signet on his leather jacked, a blue symbol with a sword in the middle and two wings to the side: "Heck, they where about to have a go and roughhouse both your grandsons into the ground if he hadn't told them not to spoil the dress. Pah!"

The man gazes out the window, a Silhouette of two young girls doing the same, longing for the world outside.

"Gentlemen, i might have an opportunity for all your children." A fourth old man, dressed in a Grey Toga and white Tunic, putting down a tablet filled with cucumber sandwiches: "Neu Uburzis Summercamps. They fight, they follow rules. They beat each other up and get together the next day again. Just like the old times, gloves off. They even have castle Sieges and drawn out battles."

The Same children as before flicker across the screen, the girls crawling through mud in an obstacle course, cheering each other on to go further. The two boys fighting it out with wooden swords dressed in a Squires attire in an Medieval Melee, both taking some hits, but seen sitting around a campfire together the next moment, roasting some sausages.

"But i thought they only allow children from their country?" the first Grandfather asked amazed, as the fourth replied: "Not anymore, they have a couple hundred places free for foreigners now! All you need to do is convince their Parents to sign this, and off they go. Let them know the good old times!"

Only for Children and Teenagers, age 12 to 17. Please register in Advance, limited places. Please contact the Neu Uburzis Embassy in your country for Question about Traveling Visa.

------------------------------------------------------------

OOC: The Idea i bring this back was that i thought it interesting to set it up as small Pen and Paper styled segments. I do not Know how it will actually work out, it's just an idea so far i am still working on, trying to fathom the amount of interest for it. Feel free to add reactions to this, like Parents/Grandparents seeing the Advertisement. I'll post some more of these the next couple of days.

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
Re: Uburzis Summercamp 2018
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 07:41:23 PM »
To the East Moreland Swordsmanship Council,

from the Imperial Youth Organisation of Neu Uburzis

Lords and Ladies of the Council,

the Neu Uburzis summer camps our Organisation is responsible of Hosting will host a new event this year, shaped in the image of a Grand Tournament from days of old.
As your Nation is known for their tradition in Knighthood and swordsmanship, and we wish to invite your council to Participate as international Instructor for the Campers.
Showcasing the Viewpoint of another Nation, and giving them a wider understanding of Mundus as a whole, is the intention we wish to fulfill when asking you to come here. If your envoy(s) wish so, they could either participate in the event full time, resulting in sleeping in a tent and living among the Campers in mimicked medieval conditions, or come to the Camp site only for the instructions, while we provide adequate accommodation.

We hope to receive a positive answer, should that be the case, please send clothing measurements and a depiction of your house Sigill, should any exist.

Respectfully,

Neu Uburzis Imperial Summer camp Organisation Committee

---------------------------------------------------

From Grand Master Schultz of the Trinity Order

To Hugo Lascelles, Knight Commander of the Order of Mountjoy

Esteemed Commander Lascelles,

in the Light of recent developments i would have to ask a favor from he Order of Mountjoy as fellow Christian. The Prince Regent has allowed the Trinity Order to take up a task meant to repair some of the damage my negligence has caused last year, as we will repurpose one of our disused Monasteries as Summer Camp Site. Together with the Imperial Youth Organisation my Order Hosts a mimicking of a Grand Knightly Tournament, to commemorate the dreams of the late Sir Arthur Lindwurm.
Yet, there is one Aspect we dire need help with. None of our our Members, and only a handful People in Neu Uburzis overall, have experience with medieval Horseback combat. We would need instructors for the Campsite, and according to Tradition they could participate full time in the event assuming a role, or only come on site during instructions and to oversee the tournament while beieng accommodated for by us the rest of the time.

May the Lord watch your steps at all times,

Erik Schultz, Grand Master of the Trinity Order

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 10:36:02 PM »

To:-Neu Uburzis Imperial Summer camp Organisation Committee

Thank you for your kind invitation. Here at the East Moreland Swordship Council we pride ourselves on teaching authentic techniques of medieval swordsmanship to people of all ages and abilities. We have been able to keep alive the skills and interest in our craft for close to 200 years. We would be delighted to take up your offer and as such Sir Charles Townsend will lead a team of six instructors and twenty of our Youth Swordsman. The Youth Swordsman are 16-21 year olds who have demonstrated high abilities in swordmanship and followed the Code of Canley with dedication. They act as role models, mentors and helpers in our sessions.

We will bring our own equipment and as medieval style tunics are common in East Moreland for ceremonial purposes I believe we will not require any specific attire.

We look forward to a successful camp.

Sir William Barnes
Director of EMSC Youth Activities.

Offline RobertAgira

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Agira Latina
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2018, 11:23:32 PM »

To:- Grand Master Schultz of the Trinity Order

Our nation hold Knightly virtues as a central part of our identity. We are therefore rather intrigued by your offer and as such are happy to support your summer camps. While we have not indulged in mounted combat for many long years our nations Armoured Cavalry Regiment still maintain for ceremonial purposes a small group of mounted lancers who would be able to fulfil your requirements so long as you don't mind having serving members of the Mountjoy Armed Forces working with the young people at the camp.

We wish you a joyous camp.

Blessings Always

Hugo Lascelles
Knight Commander of Mountjoy

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2018, 07:15:34 PM »

to: Knight Commander of Mountjoy, Hugo Lascelles

I can not thank you enough for the assistance. It will mean a lot for the success of the camp to have instructors with hands on experience. You also do not have to worry about them being Members of the Mountjoy Military, the camps itself are overseen by the Neu Uburzis Army due to the sheer size and number of camps, and a certain level of military strictness is what the kids are told to expect anyway. Please let us know the exact numbers of equipment, men and Animal that will participate, so we can prepare enough stables, fodder and work out a schedule.

I look forward for the joint venture with the Mountjoy Knights.

May the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit guide you,

Grand Master Erik Schultz

----------------------------------------------------------------------

to the Director of EMSC Youth Activities, Sir William Barnes

First, we thank you for your acceptance of our invitation. Secondly there are some organizatory Questions we would like to discuss.

As the camp to a degree has Elements of Roleplaying, the Campers will be addressed to mostly as squires. Usually they would refer to their superiors as Sir, Lord or Knight during the camp. Would it cause issues for the Youth Swordmen Age 18 and above to be refereed as such?
There is also the Question of those under 18, do you wish them to be solely in a role of instructors, or as camp participants? If the second, we would suggest we have to at least exempt them from the usual disciplinary measures for campers and have them be under Sir Townsend's judgement as our traditional methods might be considered rather out dated these days. Moreland Campers coming in through the regular process would be treated the very same way as all other campers though, as it is Part of the experience.

Respectfully,

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Two new Advertisements for the Imperial Summer Camps launched:

Fanfares resounds in a long castle hallway, colorful banners shiver from a breeze as fire bowls flicker. The camera moves to an old wooden gate as a Narrators asks: "Did ever dream about witnessing a real Medieval Tournament? With combat, Horses and real Knights! Sign up for the Neu Uburzis Imperial Summer Camps for a chance to participate in the newest setting!" Several Pictures of Medieval imagery flicker over the screen, before the advisory note is added: Only for Children and Teenagers, age 12 to 17. Camp placement is decided by drawn lots.

A Mother is heard yelling with her husband, before the camera zooms in: "This is my last word. I am not going to sign his registration for the summer camp! Don't you remember what happened last year?"

The father shakes his head, perfectly calm as he stares her in the eye: "I do, but we have increased security. The same thing like last year wont happen. We improved the GPS Tags, you can't remove them now without causing immediate alarm."

"But what about the drones they used to spy on the Children?" the mother retorts, before the father sips some coffee: "It is now us using them. Heat sensors, Night vision, Air surveillance. No chances anything gets past us."

The Mother seemed to calm down, but still not convinced: "What about actual people? You can't just..." He husband stops her, kisses her, nodding slowly: "We have doubled the men at the locations. No one slips past us this time. I will keep our children safe."

Only for Children and Teenagers, age 12 to 17. Register your child now. Safer than ever!

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
  • Hallo, Ich bin eine Filipino.
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Quintelia, Socram and Sarandib
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2018, 06:13:43 AM »

To: Grand Master Erik Schultz

We would like to devs this letter as to inform you of our organization participating in the upcoming summercamp. We, the Quintelian Scouts Association would be bringing over 40 male and 40 female scouts as well as one scout master who would serve as the translator for the 80 scouts. If there's anything else that you'd request, please do give us notice. May God bless you.

Yours Truly,

Charles Carman, Head Scout of Quintelia

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2018, 10:22:28 PM »
to: the Quintelian Scout Association

While we appreciate the your desire to participate the camps, we think there are some things we think we need to clarify. Since the Summer Camps are set to be an adventure, it runs against our template to have large groups stay together. The Campers do not know which camp they will go to prior to setting off, while we always make sure no too large groups of people knowing each other stay together. Part of the exercise is to work through a new situation in an unfamiliar surrounding. Also, as long as the participants are capable of speaking rudimentary English they should be fine without an translator. We would consider it a Study Trip "Sink or Swim".
If you wish to maintain an Overseer, you#d probably have to send more than a single person then. In most Camps they'd be close by but not directly  involved unless necessary.

Also, please remember to hand the Uburzis Embassy in Quintelia a list with the Participants so we can ensure everyone has the needed Papers. Since you are an Organisation, we assume you take care of all legal inquiries in quintelia yourself. Also we'd ask you to contact this to the NUISCOC directly from now on, as Mister Schultz mostly deals with Organisation on his Properties.

Respectfully,

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2018, 03:16:49 PM »

To the Neu Uburzis Imperial Summer camp Organisation Committee

We understand your concerns that you have put forward. If it is possible, we request that at least three scouts are with each other per camp as there's a select few that could only understand simple english phrases. As for overseers, we would send ten scout masters to help you in overseeing the participants. We would like to thank you for the opportunity given here. May God bless you.

You'd Truly,

Charles Carman, Head Scout of Quintelia

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2018, 05:45:12 PM »
In a small Tamoran town, a seventeen year old teen was trying to convince his father to let him go Uburzis Summer camp:

"The camp is really strict and intense. It would really help to see how I match against others my age."
"Why would you go to a foreign country when we have the best possible training here in Tamora? There must be something more than you're telling me. Who are these Uburzi, they sound familiar!"
"Well New Uburzis are in the West, at the Gulf of Liberty..."
"What? That far way. There's no way I'm paying for this."
"Well the camp has some free places for foreigners so you'd only be paying for the transportation..."
"I remember now, these are those hippies that hate progress."
"Yes, that's them."
"So why go there other than to kick their assess? "
"..."
"Let me guess, you want to see the airships!?"
"Well they're really cool and... "
"Spare me the details. I'll let you go but you better pass with flying colors the army recruitment tests when you come back. I don't want you to be the fist in our family who doesn't serve his country".

The family made the necessary arrangements at the Uburzis embassy in Tamora to submit their application for the summer camp.

OOC: One seventeen year old Tamoran male will join the camp.   

Later edit: Application withdrawn, the kid will never get to see the airships.

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2018, 03:23:56 PM »
Neu Uburzis City, Monday, 6th of August 2018

You have just arrived arrived at the Cities Airfield, leaving the Boarding Terminal up front to be Greeted by Dozens of Buses and Hundreds, if not Thousands of People scurrying the Perimeter like Ants crawl around an Ant mound.

As Foreign guests, an officers with a S.O.C. pin on his uniform walks up:

"Ah, welcome to Neu Uburzis. Hope Breakfast aboard the Airship was alright. We got Lunch bags ready..."

the officers points to a Tent, where color coded Paper bags where waiting: "The Travel to the actual camps might take up several hours depending which camp you will go, Green ones are Vegetarian, blue ones are Vegan, yellow is chicken. Please show them your Travel check, once you got all set up we are ready to assign you to a bus."

You still have a couple of Minutes to spare, before you can grab a Lunch bag. 

(now is the Time to introduce your characters, and make a decision what you wish to do here.)

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2018, 07:18:24 AM »
Niño Dizon was one of the eighty Quintelian teen scouts that were sent to Neu Uburzis. From Laurel City, he lived a fairly lavished life, always having the newest gadget, travels another nation twice a year, attends an international school, and is the son of Omarelle Dizon, CEO of Dizon Farms. His wealth is also apparent with his body, as he's fifteen years old in age and yet he already has a height of 5'6 and weight of 65 kilograms, higher than an average Quintelian. Niño was also not alone, as he was with four of his buddies, who all brought a small stash of drugs bought from one of the hip cafes, hiding them in their underwear, thinking that the whole event might be boring. Finally, Niño’s luggage has arrived, containing everything a teenage needed these days: a bunch of properly folded clothes, two laptops and their respective accessories, a bottle of liquid soap for both the hair and body, a smart phone, and a plastic butterfly knife carefully tucked in one of the clothes. Luckily, every contraband was not detected. He and his buddies then went to the assigned bus as all of them grabbed a yellow bag, scoffing at anyone who took vegan or vegetarian.

(OOC: Note that the four buddies are NPCs and Niño Dizon is the main character.)

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2018, 09:58:43 PM »
Lucy Townsend was just two months from her 18th birthday and was looking forward to a 2 year stint in the military, she'd planned on having the summer working with her grandfather the famed Sir Charles Townsend leader of the Court of Canley and Princess Rhiannon's sword tutor. She'd become a youth leader in the East Moreland Swordship Council and figured her time would have been better spent tutoring youngsters but Sir Charles had other ideas, he'd wanted her to go and experience these summer camps and see whether they'd be any use for future students of the EMSC. "You're my guinea pig" her grandfather had told her as they'd seen her off.

"I can't be.....I've no whiskers" Lucy had joked as she'd disappeared off on the flight. As she arrived she went and collected her baggage a battered rucksack that had seen many camping trips to the Alps, she also had a long thin heavy duty plastic carry case with her, inside was her training sword and an actual sword. She understood there would be some fencing training of sorts here including some EMSC tutors helping out and she hoped to impress. She made her way through the airport and into the tent. She picked up a yellow food bag and made her way to the bus.

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2018, 09:42:54 PM »
The Five Teens approached a Security Gate, ready with Body scanners and Bag Scanners. After last Years smuggling incident the Security had really been kicked up by more than one notch. One Military officers held all of them before entering the secure zone, pointing to a sign with forbidden Items. Among them Weapons and general all and any Electronics, Alcohol and Drugs. Intriguingly, Soap was also among the banned items.

"Anything to Declare?" He asked in a Firm voice, pointing to a metal table: "If you have not allowed items they will be held back until you come from the camps, secured with your name in Lockboxes at the Campside."

He then Pointed to a Picture Depicting a Whip:

"And for the Boys, remember. If you get caught trying to get anything past us you are a huge leap closer to that." Before turning to Miss Townsend: "The Ladies get Chores like Potato peeling instead if they mess up, or long exhausting training runs until you puke."

He then stepped aside, placing boxes in front of them to depose any contraband: "Anything to declare?"

OOC:

Please tell me now if you want to try and smuggle anything past them, or come clean. Also explain how they intend to get past would they try to smuggle anything. I will contact you with the Dice you can cast once you decided on your action.

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2018, 08:22:44 AM »
"Shit." Niño whispered to himself, knowing that the only thing that will remain with him is his clothes and a bunch of paper money. In a split second decision, he said, quite loudly. "I'd like to declare that I have a bottle of soap for me and my buddies here, two laptops, their chargers and headsets, a smartphone that's smarter than you, and I'd also declare that I'm the son of the CEO of the largest agricultural company so I would remind you that I have more money and power than you'll ever have." He said, raising a middle finger as his friends cheered for him while the other Quintelian scouts shook their heads in frustration on the arrogant teen.

(OOC: This are the good goods that are to be smuggled)
Unbeknownst to others, he has a small packet of dried cannabis and some seeds tucked in his underwear, concealing the smell with a few drops of piss, with another small packet of concentrated marijuana pushed up his rectal cavity. Their containers are made of cloth that absorbed either the piss or fecal matter. Meanwhile, he has his an dull plastic balisong sandwiched between his folded clothes.

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2018, 10:45:48 AM »
The officer is grabbing Nino at his collar, dragging him to the side pulling him close:

"Alright Smart guy, word of warning. People like your Father are considered Criminals here. Put into Prison or set out onto an island to rot. Poisoners like your Family are not exactly what kids around here like, so take a hard look around, and better Pray they didn't hear it. I Personally hope they did and trash you nicely during camp."
The officer then drops Nino off, but forgets one thing, he had dragged him passed the scanner, and no one seemed to notice they had forgotten. He then Pressed a slip of paper with a Barcode into Nino's hand, pointing him to a bus on he Far side: "Your baggage will be taken care off. Show it to the driver, that's your ride." With his now slightly lighter luggage and his Lunchbag, Nino was ushered to the very last Bus, doors still closed.

---------

Nino's friends didn't fare as well. The Bodyscanner caught the Packages tucked away, and an officer backhanded each one of them, before the got Separate and brought to a tent, the Military Officer was calling a Quintellian scoutmaster via Coms: "Yeah, we will have to separate those four. They tried to smuggle drugs. Yeah, measures already taken, and a full body examination is under way. We will send them all to different camps, and reschedule them with others from you So those three always have other Quintelians close, should teach them a valuable lesson away from that Moneybag. Yeah, don't worry about that Dizon Brat, he's good enough in English to find his way around, and there's other Quintelians in that Camp anyway."

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2018, 08:54:55 PM »
This was worse than camp with cadets at least there they got to keep soap, it was a good job she'd got wet wipes in her first aid kit. She set about removing the contraband items placing each in a dry bag she'd had her toiletries in. She unzipped her sword bag and removed her practice sword, essentially a tapered piece of wood with a hand guard attached. "I'm assuming you mean actual weapons" she asked the staff as she strapped the lump of wood to the side of her rucksack before placing the dry bag inside her sword bag. The last thing she had was a little metal tin, it contained a candle, a small bone handle knife, matches and a small roll of paper. Such tins were carried often by Morelanders as it was customary before any meal to leave a small offering for the Gods and so the knife, which was blessed by a Priestess, was used to cut away a portion and the candle lit to attract the Gods attention. She took the tin and looked at the staff, "My religious relics" she said and tucked it into a pocket.

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2018, 09:56:19 PM »
The officer nodded, inspecting the knife:
"Hardly a weapon, more of a butter knife. You can keep it, ask the Bus Driver to light the candle though during your drive. You will be able to find a way to light it during camp. your other belongings will be handed to you if necessary at your camp."

Her scan was done by a female officer, and Lucy was handed the same Kind of Barcode Slip as Nino had, and pointed towards the same bus. Doors still closed.

Waiting for their Driver to arrive, a small number of Teens and Kids nervously gathered at their location. Age Groups where varying, and their level of clothing was too. A couple where wearing tunics with an orange or yellow toga, while the younger ones often only had a tunic.

Across their bus, another just left. In it's place an odd and sad looking Group of Teens and children waved Goodbye at their friends in the Bus, shoulders hanging low. Several of them sitting in a Wheelchair, other missing a Hand or an Arm. One kid was missing a Hand and one Eye.

"Sorry guys." An adult had walked up to them, seemingly the Parent: "Your siblings will be back soon with stories to share with you."

"I just wish, i could have ever been there." An older Teen said, before scratching his head: "But uhm, not to be rude. But it was a bit mean to have all our sibling son the same bus. Seeing all of us just makes this...." The boy took a deep heard breath as his eyes went teary, he had been talking loud enough for you to hear.

"Yeah, it would have been a really mean thing to do." another Man was rolling his wheelchair to them: "But honestly, makes the surprise even better."

Prince Kurt of Uburzis held several Paper Slips, not unlike the ones Nino and Lucy had, up from his seat:
"Get ready." pointing behind a smaller Set of Wheel Chair friendly Van's
"All of you had the Guts to apply to the camps knowing under normal circumstances you had no chance of getting a spot with your disabilities. Can't let that go unrewarded can we. Don't get me wrong, this will be hard."
He started handing out the Slips to each and every one of them: "But you earned yourself some Proper Adventure, not a Kiddy Kingdom Ride."

A man in a more Casual Public Transportation Uniform walked up to the Groups bus, blowing a whistle to get his groups attention: "Once you are in, your Luggage will be Loaded. get your Lunch with you and write your names on it, we have a chilled compartment. Also, line up and get ready to get inside."

There are already a lot of Children closer than you are to the door. If you just wait, you will likely be in he middle field and not have as much freedom of choice on your seats, or you could try and find a way to get closer to the door.

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2018, 01:17:15 PM »
Lucy folded her gear back together and hefted her rucksack making her way outside. She spotted the bus but wasn't really sure what the guy had meant  about the cooler compartment. "Hey" she said as she approached one of the small knots of other campers near the door. "I'm Lucy" she said with an extended hand. "Look I've no idea whats going on, do I put my dinner in the cooler now or do we hand them over as we get on?" She asked thinking it was time she started getting to know some of those she'd be with for the next few days.

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2018, 06:54:31 PM »
Niño almost tripped on the floor when he was pushed of by the officer, luckily he regained his balance before the point of no return. He shot a look at the officer and raised his middle fingers, saying something that he might regret. "Bitch fuck you you stupid ass lower primate. Remember that you're eventually going to eat my shit. And remember that I’m worth more than you." He then walked away, pacing faster and looking back every now and again as to assure that no security personnel were following him, but what he saw was his friends being bitched slapped by the same personnel. Niño sighed as he walked towards the growing line of students attending the summercamp. "Should I just stay here or should I fuck it up more?" He thought to himself. The line seemed to not move an inch and his rectum is beginning to itch from the bag of cannabis seeds stuck in it. "Fuck that, I'm just going to wait for it."

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2018, 11:48:21 PM »

The Girl a fair bit younger than Lucy, Probably more about Ninos age, was having an epiphany realizing Lucy might not be to familiar with the bus design, so she points to an open lid close to the driver seat:

"Theres a cooler box right in front built into the bus, write your name on it, here's a pencil if you need it." She waved around a pencil: "Just drop it in carefully once you board. I am just sooo exited." The girl explains, while waving to her parents:

"That the bus even has one of those means we are going to a Camp quite a bit of a drive away. I mean i like the Noniam based camp here close to the city, or the Great war Camp with the authentic trenches, but really? Going away from home and seeing different people..."

She looks up and down on Lucy: "Uhm where are you from?" the Girl helps Lucy inside, and with Nino close behind them. Only a couple of Seats are still free.

The free Seats for you to choose: 7, 8, 11, 14, 30, 37, 38, 39, 49

Also, i want a perception Roll. So 1 D20 for each of you. You have to get Higher than Ten.

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2018, 05:46:09 PM »
"So you've done one of these before?" Lucy asked as she wrote Townsend on the bag before thanking he girl and passing her the pencil back. "I'm from East Moreland" she said, "Place called Silverhills" she added unsure whether the girl would know where that was. As they boarded she looked at the spaces. She wanted a window one so she could see the countryside they would travel through. She spotted seat 37 and headed for it.

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2018, 11:20:34 PM »
For Niño, it felt like forever before he finally stepped on the bus. He took out a pen from his pocket and wrote his surname on his lunchbag as he observed how the others were doing it. After placing his food on what seemed to be a refrigerator. Niño then began looking for a seat, preferably besides someone he thought can be befriended. He chose to sit down at seat 38 and moved his bit in such a way that the packet of cannabis seeds can be released from the anal cavity to his underwear without anyone noticing. He's done this a couple of times as he smuggled legal drugs back in Quintelia to school a couple of times with the same method. He then looked at his seatmate and incited a conversation. "Hi there. I'm Niño Dizon from Quintelia." He extended his hand for it to be shaken.

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2018, 09:14:08 PM »
As you passed the cooler, you can't help but notice that a couple of the kids didn't deposit a Lunch bag, and hurried past the compartment without as much looking the direction. The Engines roar, and the Bus starts moving as soon as everyone was seated. One Kind on
 a seat behind you with a Hoodie put on a Sleeping Mask, instantly trying to catch some sleep while the other wildly chatted.

"Yeah, this is my fourth. Only two more after this one then and i'm to old." The girl takes the seat 39, waving to Lucy: "I really love the Noniam Camp, i mean. When the Real Battles happen you have The two Castra all out in Battle. Two Legions clashing on a Hill. It's crazy, you get a couple of bruises. But the
Thrill of such a Battle..." the girl shivers, her eyes glossy: "I mean it was all Girls when i was there, after Last years incident i doubt there's gonna be too many mixed camps." she pulled out a small Badge from her Pocket, depicting Grapes and a Grapevine: "I even Managed to be a Centurion during the second Time i was at the Noniam Camp."

"Guys, we are heading South!" some Kid from the front called, and a sudden gloom overcame the bus, campers slumping down as the Bus entered a Highway.

Outside the Window, Slopes full of Grapevines appeared as the City Limits had been passed, while the Towering Alpine Mountains to the West with their Glaciers glistened in the morning sun.

The Bus had followed the Niam mostly for the past Hours. While the Western Slopes where still full of Grapes, the East was a vast forest, the Bus was Pulling to a Motorway Station. About four other Buses had also been unloading there, holding their Lunch break.

"Alright Kids, grab your Bags, get some fresh air, stretch your Legs. We still have a bit to go. Also there's Restrooms more comfortable than the Bus toilet here."

The kids started to slowly pour out of the Bus, yawning, stretching, a small group had gathered close to another Bus, while some sneaky Kids tried to get away, just to be hushed back by Armed Soldiers pushing them back.

The Girl Lucy had talked with rushed outside to get some Air, while the Kid with the sleeping mask put on sunglasses and slouched slowly outside, everyone at their own pace.

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2018, 11:22:24 PM »
Lucy shook hands with Nino and introduced herself not really making the connection between the boys last name and his connection to big industry. There was something a little off about him, perhaps it was the uneasy way he shifted in his seat, like trying to smuggle a fart. Lucy choose to ignore it and was thankful when they headed oof. She sensed the gloom as they turned onto the Highway. "Is south a bad thing?" she asked the girl across the aisle The battles didn't sound too bad, especially after working with her father it couldn't be that bad.

As they stopped she grabbed her lunch, visited the bathoom and then found a table outside to sit and eat her lunch. The Armed soldiers worried her, why would you need to force kids into this kind of thing?

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2018, 07:18:31 PM »
After the brief introduction, Nino sat quietly as the Lucy began chatting with another girl, making him feel awkward and a bit left out, though not without eavesdropping on their dialogue. A few minutes more of shifting his ass and the plastic packet of cannabis seeds finally fell on his underwear and he headed towards the bathroom of the bus. He washed it off on the sink and put it in his pocket before going back to his seat. The boring trip seemed to go on for forever until the bus slowed down and stopped. He stretched his arms as he let out a sigh of relief. He grabbed and ate his lunch while keeping on lookout on the armed soldiers in case of a random inspection.

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2018, 02:22:21 AM »
The girl joined Lucy at the Table, stretching herself from the long drive: "It's just that the only camp down there is the Siege camp that has groups from as Far as Neu Uburzis City coming. It's basically a No Win situation, one side walled up in a fortified position, the other one in a wide field. Best you can achieve usually is getting the upper hand on the rations, but no side ever won. not to mention, it's the place the Kidnapped the Emperor last year."

As they spoke, the kids that didn't bring their lunch had gathered as far away from the others, trying to not bring too much attention to themselves, the girl sighed again:

"Damn, always happens. Some Parents have a hard time paying for a living to start with, so seeing as the kids will be fed anyway, they don#t send lunch. You guys got your bags from the Board as it would have simply be impossible for you to bring one over via airship."

Though as the girl talked, the Driver walked up to them, rolling a Kart next to them:

"Can't have that now, can we?" he said, before handing each of the rather surprised kids the Lunch bags the foreign Kids didn't pick up: "You guys need to have some reserves for later today, orders from the Board."

The surprised youngsters smiled and shyly ate, while the Bus driver talked to some of his colleagues, before a different driver took his place:

"Everyone back in!" the replacement Yelled, while counting everyone to make sure none of their passengers sneaked off.

The Ride was a couple more hours, several more Campers had gone to take a nap during the ride, it was mostly playing cards or chatting. Every now and then a military patrol had gone past them, another one falling behind. at this point it was at least a good dozen Buses. Just Past a City called Nordberg the ride came to a stop, warm mud plastering the ground, with two tents built up, and several soldiers waiting with bedrolls. The Bus Driver whistled:

"Everybody, out!"

The Girls and boys where guided to different lines, handed linen tunics and different heralded tabbards, as well as a bedroll and some clay water flasks:

"Alright everyone. Find the ones with the same coat of arms as yourselves, and then follow the trail to camp. If you make it in time, there's food waiting. If you are to slow? Expect the others to tell you how it tasted."

One of your Campers suddenly yells out: "The Fuck? You got to be Kidding me." out of the Blue.

What are you going to do?

(I need 2x a d6 from each of you. Also - will you go make your way to the Trail right away or first investigate the commotion? you could loose time to get to Dinner in time.)

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2018, 10:12:23 PM »
As Nino and Lucy get their Tabbards, the Coat of Arms they Both get is that of Lodja, the instructor explaining: "You are grouped up by Nations in this Camp, you belong together as a group. Remember that."

Also every camper is getting whispered by the one handing out the Tabards.

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2018, 07:42:01 PM »
Lucy slipped her tabbard on and hefted a bed roll using the string from the clay drinking flask to thread it onto making a form of makeshift rucksack. "We better get walking then" she shrugged her shoulders and began heading off in the direction shown. It was in effect very little different from her time in the Cadets back home except they had less gear.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 07:48:31 PM by DaveIronside »

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2018, 02:58:25 PM »
The man handing you your Tabard whispers: "Your role is Noble, you get extra credits for free, but every time someone trumps you, bests you or is better than you, you get less extra credits the next day."
"You also have two free passes for a special event"
"What special event? Hopefully it's an event where I can see my good shit again." Niño thought to himself as the man spoke to him. Nonetheless, he followed Lucy as she seemed to be the only one he recognized. "So, what brings you here? Like, are you even enjoying this?" Nino asked Lucy, catching up to her. "Cause I was just forced by my dad. Motherfucker was always busy with his company, he can't even give company to his own family." He ranted a bit, only cutting himself short as he thought it would make him sound pathetic

Offline Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2018, 05:09:30 PM »
now that you two are back together, you can clearly see both of you wear a Lodjan Tabbard, you do seem to being to the same "nation" during the camp. Around you there's a lot of groaning and moaning.
You could push forward hard, trying to exhaust some strength to get to the camp sooner, take your time, or try to observer those around you.