Author Topic: From Stykkaeyjar to Tavík  (Read 1315 times)

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Mktvartvelo (primary nation)
From Stykkaeyjar to Tavík
« on: June 12, 2018, 04:55:22 PM »

Tavík, Eyrifjorduric Federation

It had been a calm month for Lúdvik Gudmuntursson since he was replaced as President of the Republic of Narthaur by his own political heir, elected president Baldur Steinnsson. Notwithstanding, he had remained as Chairman of the National Democratic Party, although it was unclear if he was going to remain for long in that post after leaving office.

"Mr. Lüdvik", his secretary suddenly announced, "Mister Fannar Erlendursson has just arrived".

"Excellent", Lúdvik simply replied. "Tell him to enter immediately to enter to my office".

Lúdvik greeted Fannar Erlendursson coldy. "Glad to see you again, please sit down".

"What does it bring you to Tavík?", Lúdvik asked.

"I am coming here because we need to prepare our federal campaign, I am sure you are well aware of that. But I have other things in mine when I asked you this meeting".

"Go ahead", Lúdvik replied.

"Eiríkur Haraldursson is in your list to the assembly", Fannar bluntly said. "There are rumours that he will be a candidate to the Eyrifjorduric Council".

"I can not confirm you that, as you may understand", Lúdvik said. "But Eiríkur is an experienced diplomat. We are certainly honoured we decided to join us".

"That is what I was afraid of", Fannar replied. "Not only it is well-known that he is a Catholic, but he has been ambassador in Celestis the last decade. That's not a nomination we would approve".

"I am not sure about Eiríkur's beliefs", Lúdvik answered, "but that's not the point. I don't know him personally, but I only heard positive comments in the ministry".

"Look", Lúdvik continued after a pause. "I will be busy as well as consequence of the campaign and I will have to leave Tavík this afternoon. Next week, I will be at my home in Stykkaeyjar. Come to visit, and send any of your men, and we will discuss this and other issues in detail. There is room for a new cooperation between our parties, I can't think why that couldn't be the case".

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Mktvartvelo (primary nation)
Re: From Stykkaeyjar to Tavík
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2018, 11:25:41 PM »

Tavík, Eyrifjorduric Federation

"Ah, you arrived", Gudmuntur Olafursson told his brother as soon as he saw him entering. "How are things going in Midverslund?".

"Everything is going fine, I guess", Sigurdur Olafursson answered. "I can't complain. I thought you were in Eskárkrókur".

"No, for God's sake", Gudmuntur Olafursson replied. "I stay most of the time here, in Tavík. I only visit Nýttgrund from time to time, when I have some business to do. Not enjoying exactly that place".

"I understand", Sigurdur said. "I really hate funerals...Not even sure why I came here. I know that Hrafn was close to Dad...once, although I have never met him".

"You did", Gudmuntur replied. "But you can't remember. It was a long time ago".

"You may be right", Sigurdur said. "I only decided to come because the bank decided to invest in the company last Spring...This is getting more crowded than I expected. Have you seen Fannar recently? I haven't met him in two months".

"He's doing some business in Nỳttgrund now", Gudmuntur answered. "Nothing serious. Just relax and wait, Sigurdur. This is not a bad place for fishing. You could find all the main bigwigs here".

"Yes, I imagine", Sigurdur said. "Is that Magnús Haraldursson?".

"Indeed", Gudmuntur answered. "He has been talking with Fannar Erlendursson for twenty minutes...I wonder what those two are talking about. Before you arrived, President Syndur Geirr came, but he left soon. He didn't look great, I must say".

"Who's that woman talking with President Lúdvik?, Sigurdur asked.

"Don't you read newspapers, brother?", Gudmuntur replied. "That's Hrafn's daughter, Bergljót".

"Ah, I see, Gudmuntur", Sigurdur said. "What's going to happen with the bank now?".

"I'm not sure", Gudmuntur answered. "The old man chose a strange moment to die. It's said that Bergljót could take charge. It is said she had an important role in the negotiations which led to the merge with Aslandsbank".

"Anyway", Gudmuntur added, "look who's coming here".

"Good evening", Haraldur Ingvarsson said. "Am I interrupting anything?".

"You are not", Gudmuntur Olafursson answered. "How is Signý?".

"Your sister is fine", Haraldur Ingvarsson answered. "She's in Stykkaeyjar, with the children".

"Let's move", Sigurdur said. "This is about to start".