Author Topic: The Apparition (Seaforth & ES)  (Read 4621 times)

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Republic of Québec
The Apparition (Seaforth & ES)
« on: May 21, 2018, 06:44:16 PM »

To the King of Seaforth,

The Kingdom of Seaforth has for centuries been regarded in a positive light by the Celestian Catholic Church as one of the most faithful adherents and likewise from your people; our relations seemed to blossom for all eternity until the day of deceit and treachery when the Catholic branch of Seaforth under the command of heretical Clergy, guided by the Voice of Satan, led astray this once pious realm into degeneracy...this nightmare would end some time later but not without long-lasting damage inflicted on the people of Seaforth, questioning their original church and simply abandoning God's Grace and Mercy. It is with deep sadness and regret that the Ecclesiastical State didn't fulfill its God-given promise to protect one of her utmost allies and friends, which is something I would like to apologise on behalf of my predecessors and the Church.

This is why ever since I was elected to become the latest Pontiff to correct those past mistakes and that they shall never be repeated once more; It's time for Seaforth-ES relations to go back as it was once, when both countries in the name of Our Lord and Saviour prospered together like never before. On behalf of the Ecclesiastical People, I'm offering the aid and services of Association of the Immaculate Heart, a catholic order and charity dedicated to improve the well being of peoples across the world, as Seaforth is rightfully one of them in desperate need; They shall hopefully reinvigorate the trust and transparency of those former believers as well as rebuild necessary infrastructure. From there, anything is possible for further evaluation, which is why I'll send the Ecclesiastical Viceroy, Cardinal Emilé Fava, to discuss with any representative of your honorable government.

It is our hope that his most glorious majesty answers this stretched out hand. Sincerely,

Pope Peter II of the Celestian Catholic Church and the Ecclesiastical State of Dovre
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 09:49:51 PM by The Young Pope »

Offline Rhodes

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Seaforth
Re: The Apparition (Seaforth & ES)
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 05:56:19 AM »
Pope Peter,

Apologies for the tardiness of my reply, but your offer required slow and methodical deliberation. It is true that we suffered under the Seaforh Catholic Church, suffering which echoes still today. However, it is my intention to label my reign be one of perseverance. While we cannot change he past, we can determine our future. Seaforth chooses reconciliation. While most of Seaforth no longer considers he sells Catholic, a small percentage hold still with that faith. So for them, my foreign secretary, Raynald Lachlan would be happy to meet wi Cardinal Fava as a representative of your nation.

Andrew III
King Of Seaforth

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 02:47:54 PM »
Cardinal Émile Fav was onboard a governmental Falcon Jet with a few staff, some plainclothes Guardians of St. Peter's throne alongside Mother Arilda, head of the Association of the Immaculate Heart. Their mission was of high importance, meaning bringing back the Christian mercy and aid to this once proud Catholic land and re-establishing the relations between Seaforth and the Ecclesiastical State, the type of relations which was unbowed, unbent and unbroken to begin with. The process has been difficult due to the complicated matters done by the false Seaforth Catholic Church, a branch of the mother church the Popes in the past excommunicated and condemned although those were mere words and less action, the mistake was to let these heretics grow larger and larger by day like leaving a cancer cell untreated, festering on the host body for so long it'll eventually kill off...There was still hope though to reverse such damage, hope was needed at all costs for this to work.

As the plane landed and taxied it was to the point of arrival, Cardinal Fava sensed something good would surely come out of it. The Ecclesiastical delegation stepped out of the Jet and were greeted by their Seaforthian hosts.

Offline Rhodes

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2018, 06:12:35 AM »

Raynald Lachlan, Duke of Arc-Royal, waited patiently for the Ecclesiastical delegation to make there way forward. Raynald knew that they were here to jump start the church, and Raynald admitted to himself that many of his countrymen were still in their hearts catholic. They understood that it was men that corrupted the SCC and not their God. Well, they were welcome to try. Raynald just hoped some positive point would come about for Seaforth besides Jesus. Perhaps a treaty of some sort?

"Greetings Cardinal Fava, Welcome to Seaforth. I am Raynald Lachlan, the Foreign Minister of King Andrew's government. I am pleased to welcome you to our nation."

Pleasantries exchanged, the two men were ushered into comfortable conference room/lounge in the Foreign Office.

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2018, 01:25:05 PM »
"Likewise and thank you for receiving Mother Arilda and I with such a brief and simple welcome, as requested beforehand." Cardinal Fava said, as both men entered one of the Foreign office's rooms to continue with bilateral talks; he spotted Arilda conversing with the female staff who'd gathered all around her, seemed to also have a wonderful time and the fact that the people of Seaforth were perhaps Catholic in their hearts.

"So..." the Cardinal began, taking a seat. "...If I had to take a guess, our presence here won't only be about spirituality, it will include the practicalities that come along state visits, such as a potential treaty in mind, hope I managed to calm your nerves hehe. Which is why, since you're the lovely host, I would like to ask what you're seeking from the Ecclesiastical State; Mother Arilda by the way is an old Mentor to the Young Pope and one of the few converted Morelanders. She'll later join us for additional talks regarding aid distribution and rebuilding." he said.

Offline Rhodes

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2018, 03:26:08 AM »

Raynald was and old hand at this and recognized another professional diplomat when he saw one.

"The Kingdom of Seaforth must see to the needs of it's people. Including the spiritual needs. The Seaforth Catholic was corrupted beyond salvation and as a result was destroyed and most of their assets were seized to aid in the restoration. Today, proclaimed catholics are few, but they need a spiritual life as much as the next religion. To this end, the Kingdom of Seaforth would like to gift the Ecclesiastical States some of the remaining assets. Namely a compound in Lancaster consisting of a large church, a convent and the grounds therein. If you accept such a gift, we would then invite your clergy to come to Seaforth to tend to it's Catholic citizens."

Here Reynald paused.

"In the secular realm, there is much to be gained between our two nations and a trade agreement would go along way to bringing our two countries together."

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2018, 12:18:25 PM »
Cardinal Fava was pleased at what Raynald proposed and considered him to be a reasonable man of the right caliber. "The Ecclesiastical State and especially Pope Peter II would be pleased of such a generous offer, of course we'll accept the available, remaining assets in Lancaster where the faith can once more restart and grow into what was once one of the key pillars of this great country. Which is why his holiness has already with the help of his closest Cardinals including myself, drawn suitable priestly candidates to become the new Bishop of Lancaster. To be truthful there was only one candidate when it's normally three as we all agreed that he should come from Seaforth, who truly knows his own flesh and blood so to speak."

Cardinal Fava showed an image of the desired candidate from his phone. "Unless you're already familiar, the Pope would like to appoint Father Robert Barron to become the new Bishop of Lancaster; One of the few, brave servants of Christ who stood up against the Satanic Seaforth heretics and like among others, jailed and tortured for his aversion. In recent years he has grown popular among the faithful for promoting and defending the Catholic faith in social media, if I would put this in a short description. I hope it would be possible for him to meet his own monarch, King Andrew." Fava said in a convincing tone as possible. "In the beginning, it's the correct thinking that the clergy would mostly come from the Ecclesiastical State due to the circumstances, including the Monk and Nuns tending the convent, however soon-to-be Bishop Barron will also pursue attracting locals to serve closer to Christ."

The idea of trade between us sounds good, luckily we've prepared an demonstrational treaty; We're currently unsure if a security section would be relevant for both of us so we may remove it if this isn't the ideal moment. Also you may decide what sport our countries should compete, in I insist."

Spoiler: show
Section I - Diplomacy

Seaforth-ES Treaty of Friendship & Cooperation

(1) The parties agree to maintain active embassies with each other. If summoned an ambassador shall present themselves to the host government within twenty four hours of the summons.

(2) Either party may request a twelve hour extension upon receipt of the summons should a level of seniority be required due to the issue concerned.

(3) The parties declare that they shall act in a spirit of friendship and cooperation with a view to further developing and fostering economic and cultural intercourse with one another, each adhering to the principle of respect for the independence and sovereignty of the other and non-interference in their internal affairs.

(4) Should disputes or conflicts arise between the High Contracting Parties over problems of one kind or another, both parties shall settle these disputes or conflicts exclusively through friendly exchange of opinion or, if necessary, through the establishment of arbitration commissions.

(5) The parties shall allow citizens of the other nation to apply for a fast track visas aiding in travel between the two nations for purpose of trade, recreation, and business. These visas shall be available to anyone who meets the following criteria

(a) Has a stay lasting no longer than 90 days
(b) Has a return ticket
(c) Is able to fund the duration of their stay.
(d) Has no criminal record
(e) Is not deemed a threat to national security.
(f) All requirements have been fulfilled in accordance to local laws and procedures when conducting trade and/or business.

(6) The parties agree to the establishment of a system of extradition for persons accused of crimes in one country to the jurisdiction of the other. No extradition shall take place until compelling evidence has been presented and the country who would be granting extradition is satisfied that Articles four and seven of the Mundus Convention of Universal Rights will be met.

Section II - Trade

(7) The parties pledge to trade fairly with each other and to respect the lawful commerce of each party.

(8) Neither of the parties shall create taxes, limits, bans, or quotas on the goods or services of the other party on basis of their origin from the other party, with exception to such taxes, limits, bans, or quotas created by international organizations of which the parties are members thereof.

(9) The parties recognize the right of free commercial navigation through the waters and airspace of the other party, with adherence to local laws and procedures.

Section III - Security

(10) Both parties shall desist from any act of violence, any aggressive action, and any attack on each other, either individually or jointly with other powers. With the exception of other existing mandates.

(11) An armed attack on one party shall be considered an attack on both parties.

(12) The parties agree to share military intelligence that is believed to be in the interest of the safety and security of the other, so long as doing so does not compromise the safety or security of themselves.

(13) The parties shall take part in an annual naval and military training exercise between their respective armed forces.

(14) The parties agree to an annual officer exchange between their armed forces to promote co-operation between their armed forces.

(15) In the interest of security and mutual defense the two parties give permission and access to military vessels through each of the other High Contracting Party's territorial waters under the following conditions

(a) An official communique shall be sent to the other Party's High Command as to the reason why military vessels are entering territorial waters.
(b) Prior to entering territorial waters a naval route, compliment, and plan shall be sent. Vessels shall not deviate from planned routes unless requested by the other party or it is in response to a SOS call.
(c) Neither of the two parties shall conduct military maneuvers in the others Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) without prior authorization.
(d) Continual communication shall be maintained while military vessels of one party are within the territorial waters of the other.
(e) The vessels shall at all times except where otherwise explicitly accounted for act in accordance with the Fair Seas Concordat

Section IV - Special Agreements

(16) There shall be an annual sporting event held between the two nations in the sport of ...

Section V - Miscellaneous

(17) This treaty shall be in force until either party withdraws from it. After which the treaty shall cease to be in force ninety days after notice is given. Notice shall be given in writing.

(18) The present treaty shall be ratified within the shortest possible time. The agreement shall enter into force as soon as it is signed by both parties.

Signed

Offline Rhodes

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2018, 09:29:05 PM »

Raynald Lachlan suggested they break for lunch while he studied the treaty. Doing so quickly and thoroughly, he made notes as he went. As the lunch break ended the two parties returned to the conference room.

"The treaty is sound, Cardinal Fava. I would agree that Section III: Security is currently not viable at this time. Let us instead call this a handshake treaty. We will establish formal relations, open up trade and tourism between out nations an see where it goes from there. We may of course revisit the security section at a later date. Also an annual goodwill soccer match will do nicely I think."

"The appointment of Robert Barron would be acceptable. We are familiar with his work. I believe King Andrew would like to be on hand when the new bishop is frocked to offer his personal congratulations and support."
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 09:42:15 PM by Rhodes »

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2018, 09:44:51 PM »
"Very well as you wish, give me a moment to edit...Also am glad to hear about the immense, positive support given to Robert. I'm sure he'll serve Seaforth and the Church to his fullest."

Spoiler: show
Section I - Diplomacy

Seaforth-ES Treaty of Friendship & Cooperation

(1) The parties agree to maintain active embassies with each other. If summoned an ambassador shall present themselves to the host government within twenty four hours of the summons.

(2) Either party may request a twelve hour extension upon receipt of the summons should a level of seniority be required due to the issue concerned.

(3) The parties declare that they shall act in a spirit of friendship and cooperation with a view to further developing and fostering economic and cultural intercourse with one another, each adhering to the principle of respect for the independence and sovereignty of the other and non-interference in their internal affairs.

(4) Should disputes or conflicts arise between the High Contracting Parties over problems of one kind or another, both parties shall settle these disputes or conflicts exclusively through friendly exchange of opinion or, if necessary, through the establishment of arbitration commissions.

(5) The parties shall allow citizens of the other nation to apply for a fast track visas aiding in travel between the two nations for purpose of trade, recreation, and business. These visas shall be available to anyone who meets the following criteria

(a) Has a stay lasting no longer than 90 days
(b) Has a return ticket
(c) Is able to fund the duration of their stay.
(d) Has no criminal record
(e) Is not deemed a threat to national security.
(f) All requirements have been fulfilled in accordance to local laws and procedures when conducting trade and/or business.

(6) The parties agree to the establishment of a system of extradition for persons accused of crimes in one country to the jurisdiction of the other. No extradition shall take place until compelling evidence has been presented and the country who would be granting extradition is satisfied that Articles four and seven of the Mundus Convention of Universal Rights will be met.

Section II - Trade

(7) The parties pledge to trade fairly with each other and to respect the lawful commerce of each party.

(8) Neither of the parties shall create taxes, limits, bans, or quotas on the goods or services of the other party on basis of their origin from the other party, with exception to such taxes, limits, bans, or quotas created by international organizations of which the parties are members thereof.

(9) The parties recognize the right of free commercial navigation through the waters and airspace of the other party, with adherence to local laws and procedures.

Section III - Special Agreements

(10) There shall be an annual sporting event held between the two nations in the sport of Soccer

Section IV - Miscellaneous

(11) This treaty shall be in force until either party withdraws from it. After which the treaty shall cease to be in force ninety days after notice is given. Notice shall be given in writing.

(12) The present treaty shall be ratified within the shortest possible time. The agreement shall enter into force as soon as it is signed by both parties.

Signed
Cardinal Émile Fava on the behalf of Pope Peter II of the Ecclesiastical State

"A delightful lunch this was, much appreciated...I believe in any second now Mother Arilda will join us." Fava said as a few minutes later she entered the conference room and made her way to the two gentlemen. "Blessed be upon you Duke Raynald, as my dear friend already introduced me before, I'm Mother Arilda, General Superior of the Association of the Immaculate Heart. Our order and charity aims to improve the well being of peoples across the world, Seaforth is not an exception at all. Thus with your permission, I would like to send our most competent and experienced Sisters of Christ to perform their true calling here and make Seaforth a better place than before...vaccinations, medical care, social care, education, distribution of humanitarian aid...you name it."

Offline Rhodes

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2018, 09:48:43 PM »

Duke Raynald coughed uncomfortably at the enthusiasm of Mother Arilda.

"I thank you Mother Arilda. Seaforth is a first world nation...vaccinations, medical care, social care, education...all were competitive with the most advanced nations on Mundus. The Fall seriously taxed our abilities, but we will recover, and soon. The city of Lancaster will benefit from your efforts of course, but it was social order that failed, not our science or heath care. It's the people's spiritual needs that need the most tending to."

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2018, 10:00:04 PM »
"Naturally my Duke, I wasn't implying at all that Seaforth lacked the essential characteristics befitting a first world nation, quite the contrary actually. It's common to identify those of us in the service of the church to be merely knowledgable in the realm of spirituality. This is true but we're in fact so much more and given the opportunity we can surely benefit from the best of two worlds." Mother Arilda nodded nonetheless to the Duke's sincerity and openness and sat quietly to let her Cardinal colleague speak.

"Well Duke Raynald, unless there's something else on your mind you'd wish to discuss I suppose it would be the high time for Mother Arilda and I to be escorted to the assets in Lancaster and also possibly meet Fr. Barron?" the Cardinal politely asked whilst finishing the last of his coffee.

Offline Rhodes

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2018, 10:28:12 PM »

Duke Raynald nodded approvingly at Mother Arilda.

"I agree, and anticipated your request. Lancaster is a short hop down the coast. Lets go see what will become the foundation of ES efforts in Seaforth. I will have Fr. Barron meet us there."

A few short hours later, diplomatic SUV's pulled up outside the Lancaster Cathedral. Mother Arilda, Cardianal Fava and Duke Raynald were joined by Fr. Barron in front of the building.

"And there you have it, Mother Arilda. Cardinal Fava. Lancaster Cathedral and Convent."

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2018, 08:52:23 AM »
"Yes, aren't these wonderful structures of beauty and perfection? At least these heretics didn't completely defile everything in their path" Fr. Barron said, being one of the few legitimate Celestian Catholic priests in Seaforth, taking care of what possibly could be the only parish left standing. "Oh Where are my manners! Cardinal Fava, Mother Arilda, Duke Raynald...Fr. Barron at your utmost service." he greeted kissing the Cardinal's ring, shaking the Duke's hands and kissing the Mother's cheeks in the process. "I've been expecting your presence for such a long while now and after hearing the news that the Holy Father's planning to appoint me as the new Bishop of Lancaster...there's nothing better I could've possibly wished and asked for. I'm confident that the faith will be renewed here despite the amount of setbacks and hard work it's going to be, but this is what we've signed up for when becoming the closest servants of our Lord and Saviour. Now, if you may please follow me as I'll give a tour of the entire area..."

The tour took a few yet worthwhile hours for the guests as the parish priest showed every nook and cranny within the complex itself, includng the large outdoor areas beyond the Cathedral and Convent as they formally belonged to the church estates, the weather enabling the visit to be felt like a pleasant and peaceful experience. As the tour came to an end, Fr. Barron escorted the trio safely back to a building which functioned as a Restaurant and Café where they had their snacks, coffee and tea, talking about the latest news involving the Church as well as the wide world. "Duke, do understand that the Holy Father would more than likely support Seaforth's admission to the CNN alliance of which the Ecclesiastical State is part of, when the ultimate times comes that is..." Cardinal Fava said.

Fr. Barron finally brought them back outside and bid them farewell, rounding it off with a minute or two with prayer. "Alright, unless there's something else on your mind...I suppose it's a farewell for now until further notice." he said.

Offline Rhodes

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2018, 04:49:55 PM »

Dule Raynald had enjoyed the tour of Lancaster Cathedral, recalling memories of his youth. Memories the SCC had robbed from him and that now he felt had been returned to him. As the tour concluded, he said his farewells to the Ecclesiastical delegation.

"Mother Arilda, Cardinal Fava. It has been a great pleasure to meet you both. I feel that good things will come from this small beginning, and not just the Holy Father's vote of confidence. I look forward to watching the church grow here in Seaforth bringing both spiritual and secular prosperity to both our nations."

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2018, 08:10:06 PM »
"Likewise my friend, Likewise...In that regard I'll contact your government later regarding the order most willing to move to Lancaster and inhabit the convent." with those last words Cardinal Fava and Mother Arilda kissed the Duke farewell and borded the governmental jet back to the Ecclesiastical State, replanting the seeds of the true church once more in Seaforth and hopefully would grow into the beautiful tree it deserved to be from the very beginning, present and future until the end of days.

Pope Peter II appoints Fr. Robert Barron Bishop of Lancaster

This morning, Pope Peter II formally announced Father Robert Barron's appointment as bishop of the diocese of Lancaster, Seaforth.

Bishop-Elect Barron is the founder of Word on Fire Catholic Ministries, host of the award-winning CATHOLICISM film series, and has previously served as only remaining parish priest of the diocese of Lancaster following the years of SCC pursecution.

His website, WordOnFire.org, reaches millions of people each year. His regular YouTube videos have been viewed over 13 million times. Next to Pope Peter II, he is the most-followed Catholic leader on social media.

Bishop-Elect Barron's statement is below:

"It was with enormous surprise that I received word of my appointment as bishop of Lancaster, but it is with a humble and joyful heart that I accept it. The Church of Lancaster—the only remaining diocese in Seaforth—is energetic, diverse, and creative. I have been given the privilege to bring back the tastes and richness of what it was once before the dark days of the heretical SCC.

The late Francis Cardinal George—the spiritual grandfather of Word on Fire—was a mentor and friend to me. The mission closest to his heart was the evangelization of the culture, bringing Christ to the arenas of media, politics, law, education, the arts, etc. I can’t think of a more exciting field for this sort of work than Lancaster, which is certainly one of the great cultural centers of our time.

Many might be wondering what this means for the important work of Word on Fire. The short answer is that it will certainly continue! Through the ministrations of Fr. Steve Grunow and his extremely gifted staff, we will keep bringing you my regular articles, sermons, videos, and media resources.

We have so many projects in the works, including our new film and study program on God and atheism, titled The Mystery of God, and our beautiful new documentary series CATHOLICISM: The Pivotal Players. Those projects will continue as planned with more to come in the future.

I am grateful to all of you who follow and support Word on Fire, using our content to form yourselves and share the Catholic Faith. I thank God each and every day for you.

It is a blessing for me to work with you to introduce people to Jesus Christ and invite them to share all the gifts he wants his people to enjoy.

Please pray for me as I begin this new adventure under the Lord’s providence."