Author Topic: Fragmenta Historiae - Short Vignettes from Neu Uburzis  (Read 4380 times)

Online Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Neu Uburzis
Fragmenta Historiae - Short Vignettes from Neu Uburzis
« on: January 09, 2019, 09:55:26 PM »
Orion rubbed his eyes as he retreated into his private study. While he did share his dorm with several of his classmates his duties as Emperor made a separation necessary.

His Schedule got an update. Another weekend taken out for additional study time. Not that he was surprised, at least the trip to lodja for the wedding had been worth it.

He worked through his emails, one from the trinity order inquiring about the summer camp for next year. Would he return as medieval king? Orion replied that he'd be waiting for the half year grades first to see if he'd be able to take the time.

He was about to close his mailbox and work on an essay when a message from siegrun came in. A file was attached. A moment later and Orion was trying to reach Malcom tucker from east Moreland.

"No it is not a prank call." he groaned trying to get through: "yes, this is the emperor of Neu Uburzis. I am only fourteen after all. Just tell mister tucker I sent him a mail with a short video from prince Augustin. He sent get better wishes for the princess and I don't have the kings private email. So, please tell him before some thinks it's a spamm mail."

He hung up and sighed, before watching the adorable clip with Augustin and schnuffelchen again.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 10:06:46 PM by Norgeras »

Online Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
Re: Fragmenta Historiae - Short Vignettes from Neu Uburzis
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2019, 05:52:27 PM »
Friday evening, Imperial Palace of Neu Uburzis

Orion rushed up the stairs, storming into the dining hall as he usually does. Greeted by Siegrun and eight little Monsters, he smiled as they waved from the Seats. Karloman and Otto where add odds again, sitting as far apart as possible, while Hadrian and Ludwig where obviously more than eager to get off their chairs again. Caius had already fallen asleep below a blanket in the corner:

"Where's Augustin?" Orion asked with a raised eyebrow as he grabbed himself a Breadroll.

"He didn't eat a thing the whole day. I think he was reading up on the Rhianon Fan blog." Kunigunde answered, biting in her Bread.

Orion shook his head: "I'll go so him then, i have a good idea what it said."

Sebastian looked up from his plate, then shrugged: "Is he getting extra attention again?" Orion sighed, he knew they noticed Augustin was his little Favorite. He had to be a little fairer to the others it seemed:

"I'll spent time with you guys as well, but if it's what i think it is, then he really might need someone to talk to now."

Siegrun nodded slowly: "Just make sure he grabs something to eat later."

Orion crawled through a fort of old Shelves in the attic, Past dusty covers and unused furniture. Behind a set of seemingly abandoned beds he arrived at his goal. Just like Orion had his own Tower, Augustin had his little secret Hideout up here. Well, Orion knew and so did Albrecht, but they let him the believe that only him and Orion knew where it was.

Orion knocked on the cloth doors frame, before stepping through into Augustins colorful little Kingdom. Augustin had rummaged through several piles of old stockade across the palace for months, finding little treasures here and there and now decorating his own hideout with them. An arrangement of colorful bottles painted the room in rainbow light, placed in the way of the only source of light up here.

Augustin himself had curled up in an old cupboard, hiding even inside his hideout:

"Go away." He said, sticking his head out for a moment, wiping his eyes dry: "I'm fine."

Orion looked around, nodding: "Can i take a seat?"

Silence, Augustin lurked from inside his hiding box: "Maybe"

Orion sat down, it felt odd. It was usually him who was getting someone to comfort him, it seemed he had grown up a bit after all. He gave his nephew a bit time, before saying:

"So, you found out that she has Leukemia?"

"They said she's going to die."

Silence, Orion chewed on his Lips. It was a Topic that still stung him as well:

"It's not Impossible. But she's a young fighter, she has the ebst of chances."

"And if not?"

"Than there's always a Marrow Transplant."

"Ah what?"

Augustin stuck his head out of his hidey hole, looking over to the Emperor: "What's a Marrow Transplant?"

"Well, you see..." Orion wasn't sure how to explain Leukemia to a Six year old: "Leukemia is when your Body can no longer make the little Protectors that destroy Sickness and fight it when you are getting a fever. Their heated battle is why your Temperature Rises."

"So... If they aren't build..." he tilted his head: "That's really bad!" his eyes teared up: "Even a cough might kill her!"

"It is a very Dangerous sickness, that'S right. For some it's as bad as they need new Bone Marrow. That's where your body makes these little Fighters."

"So her dad just gives her and shes fine again?" Augustin glanced up to Orion, while crawling out of his retreat.

"No, sadly it's not so easy. you need someone with almost the same... Genetics as you... that's basically the bits in your body that tell your cells how to build your body."

Augustin scratched his head:
"And that's hard?"

Orion nodded, allowing his cousin to hop onto his lap: "Well, we do not have this information for everyone, and even then the chances are slim."

"So, if it's so bad, i can't help her?"

Orion held his nephew, thinking himself: "I'm not sure. We'd have to ask Albrecht. Also we have to see first how bad it is for her."

Augustin looked down: "I wanne help her. She helped saving me after all."

"There's many children out there with Leukemia, and Adults as well. I might have an idea, but, we really need Albrechts permission."

Augustin nodded: "Can i stay with you tonight? I just---"

Orion nodded, hugging him more tight: "I miss them just as much Augustin. And i don't like to think about death either. It's fine. You can come over once your brother is sleeping. Also grab some Dinner once we are back."

Before carrying his Nephew back out of his little Secret Hideout.

The next Monday, Orion was dialing up someone during Lunchbreak, pacing around his study while his Schoolmates where eating in the Dorms Dining Room:

"No, it's not a joke. Yes, you do have Orion on the Phone. If he's busy just tell him to review it and give our TV Stations a go? It's his Daughters Pet we are sort of Portraying here. We won't air this without his ok. Tell him if he has any more Questions he can call me back, i'm going to do homework for the next hours so i am available."

This was the second time this Month Orion tried to Reach the Moreland Palace, though after hearing through one or the other channel that Tucker was less than pleased he tried to get through to the main man right away. With just as little Success. He probably was with his daughter or important business anyway Orion thought, before looking at the little informational section that was recorded during the weekend.

Albrecht had phoned up the whole elder senate, getting them to a compromise that Augustin was allowed to be heard, but not seen. So they came up with a little spot:

It's a Schools Nurse office, the Woman sits on her Desk, when a cartoon Bunny walks into the door. It's drawn as a very sad bunny with hanging ears and looking on the floor:

"Whats up, Schnuffelchen?" the Nurse asked, before taking a seat next to the Bunny:

"A Friend of Mine is very Sick, and i don't know what to do." the voice of the Bunny is Augustin, voice recording as his own Pet Bunny.

"So how sick is your Friend?" The Nurse asks, putting a hand on the Bunnies shoulders.

A painted Picture of Goldie, Rhiannons Pet Fox, is held up, Anthropomorph just like Schnuffelchen, by the Bunny:

"Her Dad said she had Leukemia, and i heard you die from that." The Bunny eyes Tear up, and you can hear that Augustin had a hard time reading the liens without actually crying. All while a Picture of a Honeybadger with a Crown was shown as Goldie's "Dad".

"Oh, i see. But that's not always true." The woman said, nodding:

"And while it's not wrong that Leukemia is Dangerous, there are way you can help others with Leukemia. Goldie might not need it, but there are hundreds others that are sick just like her."

The very Real Nurse Actor held a Q-Tip like DNA Testing Tube up to the Camera: "If your Parents and Relatives Register with one of the Leukemia Data Banks, there's a chance they can save a Life. There are a lot of other Children like Goldie."

Schnuffelchen then proceeded to wipe his eyes dry, taking the Test Tube:

"And what about me?"

"You'd have to be a bit older, you need your Stem cells to grow, young man."

The Screen cuts to only the Bunny, talking to the viewer:

"Save someone from Leukemia, and Register yourself with the National Data Bank. It's only a swab away."

Online Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
Royal Sing along - Hellfire / Be Prepared
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2019, 12:30:25 AM »
The Credits where rolling on the Screen, the Imperial Cinema Evening was coming to a close. Caius had fallen asleep a while ago and Siegrun brought him to bed about at the halfway mark, Ludwig was leaning on his brother Sebastian's shoulder while his eyes had closed just as the Lion finally defeated his evil uncle and reclaimed his kingdom.

Albrecht hadn't been to happy with the choice, but the kids wanted to watch the Lion king. They all had cried during the Film, Hadrian tightly hugging Augustin the whole Film over.

Kunigunde hummed as the credits rolled and Orion went to the Projector:

"Hey, there's a Sing a long on that Dvd!" she proclaimed, seeing the credits roll:

"Please..." she pleaded with puppy eyes to Orion, blinking several times. Sebastian just groaned loudly: "Let me get Ludwig to Bed first..."

"I'll take him." Siegrun answered, bringing the little one carefully out.

"Yes, sing!" Hadrian was wide awake again, pointing to Albrecht on the Background: "You too!"

Albrecht seemed about as enthusiastic as Sebastian, but gave a smile as good as he could while his mind was on the next duties waiting:

"What do you have in mind, i think we have some from this film and others..."

"You sing the Scar song!" Otto jumped off his seat:

"I am not going to..." before Albrecht received an ungentle Elbow from Orion:

"I'll do the Hyenas."

"No." Albrecht  repeatedly shook his head: "That is a very bad idea."

"You do then, we will be the Hyenas!" Otto pointed at Orion, hopping up and down in his chair:

"Orion, i don't think you should...." but Albrecht was cut short when Karloman had started pressing the play button on the Sing a long:

I never thought hyenas essential
They're crude and unspeakably plain
But maybe they've a glimmer of potential
If allied to my vision and brain
Orion is slowly walking down from the Projector as he starts with the lines now displayed in front.
I know that your powers of retention
Are as wet as a warthog's backside
But thick as you are, pay attention
My words are a matter of pride
Orions voice is a bit too high, as he starts singing.
The kids giggle as he points at them from the stage,
then he's mimicking Scar's hand on chest gesture.
It's clear from your vacant expressions
The lights are not all on upstairs
But we're talking kings and successions
Even you can't be caught unaware
Orion jumps down the stage,
waving his hand in front of Hadrians eyes,
before pointing at himself and then the kids.
He then jumps back on the stage.
So prepare for a chance of a lifetime
Be prepared for sensational news
A shining new era
Is tiptoeing nearer

And where do we feature?
Just listen to teacher
Orion is trying his best to do the tiptoe motion while keeping to sing,
almost loosing his footing,
making Albrecht grabbing him to make sure he's safe.
His Nieces and Nephews join in as the Hyenas,
and Orion cups one Ear to form a listening Gesture.
I know it sounds sordid
But you'll be rewarded
When at last I am given my dues
And injustice deliciously squared

Be prepared!
Orion is now overly prancing over the Stage,
his Hand on his Chest.
he leans back to pretend a high raised nose,
before turning to his listeners and bellowing the last line of the verse
together with them.
It's great that we'll soon be connected
With a king who'll be all-time adored
The kids sing this line rather crooked,
but they are having fun.
Of course, quid pro quo, you're expected
To take certain duties on board
The future is littered with prizes
And though I'm the main addressee
The point that I must emphasize is
You won't get a sniff without me!
Orion slowly walks back between the seats,
putting his hand on several of their shoulders,
before putting his hand back flat on his own chest.
In the end of this verse he raises his index fingers,
and then in a circular motion goes around pointing at them
So prepare for the coup of the century
Be prepared for the murkiest scam
Meticulous planning
Tenacity spanning
Decades of denial
Is simply why I'll
Be king undisputed
Respected, saluted
And seen for the wonder I am
Yes, my teeth and ambitions are bared
Be prepared!
Orion has jumped to the highest Seats,
his shoes on the seat,
Albrecht ushers him down:
'Shoes off'
With Orion rolling his Eyes,
taking a Step down.
Orion puts his wreath on,
Saluting.
The kids usher back up to him from their seats.
he grins especially wide to show his teeth,
bellowing this part as good as he can again.
Yes, our teeth and ambitions are bared -
Be prepared!
All of them together then sing the last lines

Theres an awkward silence in the room after, Orion putting the Wreath back down, then ushering them out.
"Brush your Teeth." he says, giving all remaining 7 as hug as they leave.

Albrecht leans with his arms crossed on the wall, shaking his head:

"Was that necessary?" a slow deep breath, he closes his eyes.

"You know they loved it, i know it was hell of awkward. But they loved it. That's what matters."

Orion made his way up to leave the room, before:

"Beata Maria, you Know i am a righteous Man, of my Virtue i am justly Proud..." Albrecht started singing, a gentle smile as he glanced to Orion.

"Et Tibi Pater." Orion replied, waving to Albrecht:

"It's getting late Cousin."

Online Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
Fragmenta Historiae - Sharing Information
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2019, 04:35:06 PM »
The Leopold three was steering slowly towards Ostlake, the Radio traffic chittering into the Crew Quarters:

“Leopold three, request landing. Transporting Mass of Sensible Data to Ostlake Military Hospital.” The crew got ready, the small ship had a single shared toilet and shower. It wasn’t much but the ship was usually used for sensible transports. Today it was a Huge Pile of Data Storage Devices, Packed in double secured Containers.

The unloading was going on without much of a hitch, the Serverbanks where slowly lowered down, the Captain talking to local personal:
“It’s necessary due to our strict Data Security laws. The DNA Banks aren’t allowed to be accessible by a network, but the Senates figured simply giving you a redundant copy as a whole might do the trick.”
a single Crewmember walked up to the Front desk, flanked by two other members of staff. A Single Steel Briefcase was handcuffed to his wrist.

“Sir, Delivery only for the Princess’ Doctors.” the young Soldier saluted: “Special Delivery. Blood and DNA Samples from fifteen High Security Persons. And a letter from Prince Albrecht for the King.”

David,

I hope you allow me the informality,

but the little one bugged everyone in the Palace until we all agreed to send Data. I am sure you can see why the Imperial DNA Tests and Results need to be handled with utmost sensibility. We did send the National Databanks along as well, and try to make way for Internationalisation of our Data.

Usually it would not be allowed to take the Sample from the younger ones, but a certain someone called the Senate when i wasn’t looking. Even the Twins gave their Sample.

You may compare our Data with your National Bank as well - it just can’t be stored along the Rest for Security concerns. Maybe it can help someone else if not her.

Please keep this a Secret.

Prince Albrecht of Uburzis

PS: My Father is missing from the list as he is an unsuitable Donor after his Legs got crushed in his Incident Years back.

Online Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2019, 12:36:18 AM »
co Authored by Dave

Orion rushed out of class after one of his fellow students had shown him the latest Northfort News article, muttering curses under his breath as he made way to his study. He Scoured his phone list, trying to get a working number. King David didn’t have exactly a public number. He knew Adelheid had Stasyas, but he wasn't even sure if she was in Moreland, nor did he fell the catwalk on two legs would bother giving him Davids.

He dialed the number of Tucker's office with much dismay. He knew the guy wasn’t exactly fond of his last call, but it was the only number he had at hand:

“Good day, Orion of Uburzis here. Is anyone of the Royal Household or Mister Tucker available? I require a little clarification on this leaked note. Only if it’s not too much asked right now, i know i call a little out of the blue. I just want to have some answers ready before Augustin hears about this."

Malcolm Tucker was busy trying to put out the fire caused by this leak, he’d had calls from almost every media outlet in East Moreland and quite a few from the Cult heavy nations like Bakkermaya. As his phone rang he prepared to tell yet another reporter to less than politely get lost. He spotted the phone number and with a combination of a need to be polite to an Emperor and dealing with a child he bit his tongue. “Tucker. How can I help you Emperor?” were the words that finally came out his mouth.

“Just a short clarification. If it’s not too much prying into the King’s personal matters.” Orion paused, his mind rushing with Questions as he sorted them: “Is she really doing that bad? We could arrange for Prince Augustin to visit her if it helps. Else i consider breaking this to him as her just trying to deal with her feelings and some insensitive ars...onist leaking it, while making a public statement that there is no current necessity to adopt the fox.”

Orion pinched his Nose, walking around his room:
“I am aware this usually isn’t your dealings, i am sorry sir. But yours was the only Number i had on hand to ask.”

“Look son” Tucker really wasn’t thinking of who he was talking to now, “The Princess is currently in a room that’s as sterile as a spinsters womb. No one with as much as a snuffle is getting in to see her so no foreign Prince is getting anywhere near the place.” He already had several other phone calls coming in on his call waiting but it wasn’t just done to hang up. “Look she’s not great, we needed a donor like a month ago, she’s balding and looks like a freshly laid egg and she spends most of her time sleeping. Not to sound rude but the King needs to be focusing on her while I focus on finding out whoever took this photo and turning their spleen into piano wire. Now I’m not sure I can help you with much else but feel free to ask” Malcolm concluded.

Orion huffed, he didn’t like the tone but he bit his tongue. He had been a youngest sibling long enough to know to keep his calm, at least for a while:

“I can work with this. We’ll release a statement that we will not do speculations about the fox and find the leak distasteful. If you find the guy, say hello from me. With a fist in his face. Thank you for your time, mister tucker.”

Orion just waited a moment, seeing if the guy on the other side would just hang up.

”That’d be too kind. I prefer slow mental torture. Now if your forgive me I’ve a leak to plug…...with a brick.” and with that the phone was hung up. “Fifteen missed calls, holy Helus this is getting ridiculous” he complained before having a quick yell at a nearby intern, after all he’d gone a full five minutes being relatively polite for Tucker.

Orion took his phone up again, but this time dialing up their own Press Secretary:

“Hey, Orion here. Make up something for the News. Say we don’t talk about the Fox, and that the leak is bad. And maybe something about how the debate comes along?”

Orion pounded his head on his desk: “then run it past Albrecht.” before hanging up, returning to afternoon classes.

Online Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2019, 12:28:02 AM »
Neu Uburzis City, 24. December 2019

City Main Hospital, 10 AM

Fritz had lost his hair during Chemo, but it wasn't enough. He was in dire need of a marrow Transplant. His Doctor came in to his room, slightly unnerved from the Press Sieging the Childrens Hospital:

"Annoying Vultures." he heard his doctor say, as he just stared out of the Window and at the Palace up on the Mountainside. At least it was a great view, not that he would have much longer.

He slowly stood up and got ready for inspection, before the doctor put on a stern face: "Don't over extend yourself. You need rest in the next days."

The teen sat down, looking out of the Window:

"For what even? I'm not gonna make it much longer without a Donor anyway...."

The doctor sat down, which made Fritz raise an eyebrow, the guy never sat down and just usually glanced him over.

"Your Parents are here."

Fritz sat in silence, his Parents entering. He couldn't bear the pressure of looking at them. They always where so optimistic, they always supported him, all he had felt was pain and disappointment for the last weeks. They gave it their all, but he couldn't muster the strength to believe in his own recovery. What a disappointment he was.

"We found one." Was all his Mother said:

"Merry Christmas, Son." his Dad added.

Fritz couldn't answer, Tears staining his PJ's

Imperial Palace, 11 AM

Orion knew it was a big day for those Orphans, but with Augustin in Hospital he was distracted. Finishing recording a little Scene on his Phone for his Nephew starring a very Well and lively Schnuffelchen. He wouldn't have much time to spend with him as he was hosting guests, and it hurt Orion, but he knew his Duty for these Kids came before Augustin. And somehow the Emperor felt that his strong headed little Nephew would agree, even if it made him sad. These Youngsters had this one day, and Orion had to make sure it was a day outshining all the tragedies they carried.

He quickly tugged in his Phone, and put Schnuffelchen back into the Enclosure, high-fiving the eldest of the Royal 11 on his way out: "Make sure it's presentable, i can't trust that to the younger ones, Sebastian."

"Zeus is /always/ presentable." Sebastian retorted, before ridding himself of his School Uniform: "I'll wear one of my more Royal Outfits. don't worry." he called to Orion, who hurried off to the Palace Tram station.

The Emperor arrived just in Time for the four Trams with shy and unsure Orphans driving up. He gave them his best 'Stern Royal' look as they where escorted to the Court in front of the Guest house by their Caretakers. He walked a couple of steps along a raised Section, hands behind his back, before addressing them:

"Honored Guests, here at the Palace, we follow strict rules."  Orion had to almost laugh at that one, but it was all for a bit of show:

"Please do not wander alone, it is rather easy to get lost. But first of all, we can't let you arrive with these..." he made a very over the top disgust noise:

"Peasant attires. Go see the Imperial Custodians immediately to acquire fitting garments for the occasion."

He then ended up laughing at his own voice, breaking character:

"Alright kids, enough with the nonsense. You are here to have a great day, so we won't make you follow protocol. We do however have a huge choice of clothing fit to make you look the Part for a true Imperial Dinner. Usually i would be there with you during Lunch, but i will be visiting my Nephew in Hospital. We will meet for Playtime and the Palace Tour. Please forgive my absence, the Prince Regent, the Princes and the Princesses  will fill for me until then."

It was then Time for a suprise for Orion in Return, with the Orphans all together holding up self drawn Pictures of Bunnies with various Degrees of "Get well" written on them. A quick swipe on his Phone a couple Pictures the young Emperor was on his way to the Hospital

City Main Hospital, 1 PM

Orion slowly let go of Augustin, giving his Nephew a big Good bye hug as the young boy had been balling his eyes out for the last couple of minutes, even if his sobs where muffled from the over strained and still sore throat. The drip infusion still in his arm the little fighter was more than a little unhappy he wasn't allowed to go home over the holidays. But what had kicked him over the edge in a full on sob, which made his pains worse considering his injuries, was when Orion had shown him all of the Pictures on the Internet from East Moreland, the Orphans, and the Internet in General.

He had just ensured Augustin had slipped back into bed before leaving, where he met a waiting hairless young teen outside the door. Well, Orion guessed he was a young teen at last, what he saw was frail and thin wearing a face mask.

Orion gave a nudge to the Bodyguards that stood menacing at the door, allowing him to approach Fritz.
"Is this even save for you here?" Orion raised an eyebrow looking the other teen over: "No it's not." Orion stated before the Teen could answer:
"So why are you here risking your life?"

"I'm uhm..." the boy stammered, nervous to now come face to face with his Emperor. The boy cramped a paper in his hands together, ready to abandon his quest as he started to turn around, Orion snatched the Paper, glancing it over: "Don'T mind me invading your Privacy here, but since you aren't spilling the bea... ah. I see." Orion smiled more warm: "I'd give you a hug, but i'm not exactly bacteria free."

He turned around to glance at Augustins door, then back at Fritz: "I don't know if today is a good day, he is still recovering from emergency surgery and had a lot of Visitors today."

"I understand, your Majesty." Fritz answered, even though with hanging shoulders.

A door creaked, and Augustin stumbled outside with his feet bare, dragging the dripping infusion behind him he crossed his arms as good as he could without touching the needles.

"Augustin you should rest..." Orion spook, earning glaring daggers from his little defiant Nephew with the still scarlet red eyes from crying earlier, before Orion turned to fritz: "Well, he wont have no for an answer."

Fritz slowly went over, carefully hugging Augustin, as the frail teen whimpered like a Dog:

"Thank you... thank you. For my second chance."

Augustin silently gave the Teen a thumbs up, while tearing himself from the hug. Orion glanced over the Paper. He knew he shouldn't but... well. Seems they found a Match for Fritz  from one of the Genetic Typings that Augustin had hosted this December.

Imperial Palace, 6 PM

Orion sat at a Table in the Large Dining Hall, watching his Family and the Orphans having a grand Banquet. He picked up his Crystal glass, standing up before knocking at it with the side of his Spoon:

"I have an announcement to make. You might have Noticed several Large rooms all across the Palace on your Tour that we didn't open. Here's a little secret for you. We prepared for all of you to have a sleepover. We have rooms in the Palace, in the Old castle, and some other Part of the Grounds. The only thing left for you is to Pick where you want to stay for the Night. Also, you can try and convince my nieces and nephews to stay with you guys and gals as well. I will stay with one group as well, but i wont tell which one, that is going to be a secret."

The room broke into a loud cheer and just as fast a fight for the Attention of Orion's Nephews and Nieces. The young Emperor could barely hear his own thoughts as a Servant rushed in, next to Albrecht, handing Orion a Tablet and a Wireless Headset.
Glancing over the Text, Orion cursed: "Verdammte Scheiße!"[1]
Before the room fell silent, all Children and Adults alike shocked at Orion's more than Colorful Expression.

"I'll be back in a bit." he proclaimed, before rushing out.
Sebastian turned to the Orphans, before he cleared his Throat: "Just to be clear, if anyone of us others would say that we'd at the very least get slapped. So do not take that as an example."
 1. Literally 'Damned Shit!' Could be replaced with Fucking Shit or anything similar Vulgar

Online Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2020, 07:41:04 PM »
Sunday, 26th of January 2020, Neu Uburzis Palace

"Do you have it?" Orion sat at a desk in his Work Office, marking Text in bright yellow without even turning around.

"Yeah, i do." his Classmate Marius retorted with crossed arms, glancing out of the window as he paced up and down the room:
"And i see you are ready as well." Tossing Orion a small USB Device, he nodded: "It's all on there, my father making a Deal with the Prince Regent. Just don't drag me into this."

Orion caught it, putting the device into his Art Computer. HE had ensured the network cable was unplugged, as he scrounged through the files: "Yeah, should be enough. I just needed to know. No point in trying to Confront Albrecht, he'll just tell me why he had to and bla bla. Knowing he didn't bother telling me is enough."

Orion slumped down, unplugging the USB before stashing it inside a secret nook he had carved out a table leg quite a while ago. "Did you double check your half Brothers Speech? This wont be half as effective if he changed topic."

"Proof red it just this afternoon. My Father doesn't even know my Brother had his First Speech on his Birthday, didn't bother to save Speaking Time up for him." he kicked an empty paint can across the floor:
"I preferred it when he was in the Spotlight and i was just the first wife's son. With you becoming Emperor, Quintus was shelved and he had been breathing down my neck whenever i'm home."

Orion stood up, changing from his Art clothes into a Tunic, wrapping the Purple Toga around himself:
"Well, you did get acquainted with me." he shrugs: "Now, let's make sure this Birthday Gift will be one your Brother won't forget."

later that day, Neu Uburzis Youth Senate

Orion stood in the Waiting Room, watching the nervous fresh thirteen year old giving his first ever Speech to a Senate. He recalled how he was in here, Timoti next to him, both nervous. At least he remembered Timoti being nervous as well, the whole day was a bit hazy in memory with all that happened. Grabbing a Glass and a Remote, Orion was ready to witness Quintus making the Prelude to his own Address:

"Members of the Senate, today is speak to you about our Democracy and how it has failed."

Orion chuckled. Bold opening statement, Quintus at least got the attention now.

"Ever since Alexandra the Seconds Death, we have tried to be the word of Reason. To not meddle into others affairs. We told ourselves that it is enough to just not deal with people if we disagree with them. It has not worked.
Do you recall a single Incident where our participation mattered? We respectfully left the MCUR meeting, we respectfully did not act, or joined different organisations. We respectfully just stay silent on fucking slavery. No, we do worse, we respectfully interact with them. We claim to be Brothers with the Iwi, yet we don't act upon it. Some Sailboats in a Mega Harbor isn't exactly support.
With all due Respect, we suck."

Orion sucked in air sharply, Quintus went off script, and the Screens lit up with a red two signalling he gained two strikes for cursing. The Emperor prayed the Kid realized what the Speaker had did to himself on his own Birthday.

"If the Emperor can hear me..."

Quintus Paused, unsure for a moment, then he clenched his fists:

"i wish to tell him, no beg him, to be the Voice of our People. We need to be heard. Look at your Nephew, he stood up and made people see us. And he was but a child worrying for his friend. The elder Senate still hasn't decided on the Refugees. Hasn't decided on the Network of Crowns, but has decided to add four more offenses to the list punishable under disrespect laws for the youth.
Please, for the sake of the Empire, and all of our futures, start doing your Fucking Job."

Orion watched Quintus step away from the Lectern, trembling. Three strikes, two major insults. Boy knew exactly what was coming now, and he still thought it was important enough to suffer the consequences.

A Man and a Woman in Black Toga came from the side and stepped up behind him, holding a traditional cat o nine tails.

Orion took a deep breath, and barged into the Plenum. He was scheduled, but only the Higher ups had been made aware, and his name and the prolonged session was now shown to all Youths on the floor:

"I heard you, loud and clear."

With one motion of his hands, he waved the three off the stage, Motioning to Quintus he desired to speak after:

"Youth Senators of Neu Uburzis City, and Senators and Citizens of the Empire as a whole.

Today i need to Speak to you all about our Democracy as well.
We Pride ourselves to be one of the oldest continuous Democracies,
yet by modern accounts some countries would consider us an absolute Monarchy.

I do not.
My Role exists within the Empire, for Democracy has a glaring flaw.
And that is the temptations all of us face, the desire for an easy path.
How easy it is for the Majority in a Country to walk over the smaller voices.

Even in the not so distant past, we saw Humans getting slaughtered.
Why? For being the Minority, being of Different Race, Culture.
We still see people getting stripped of their Freedom not for Crimes,
but for being Born to the wrong Parents.
And all of that happened and happens
with the consent of the Majority of people in these Places.

Democracy always hinges on Human Respect for each others life.
We built our culture around fostering respect,
all of us got punished at one point for breaking this code of conduct.
Myself included.
The previous speaker included, as of this moment.

Yet he saw the need to speak so bold. Because our Solution to the Problem,

the culture of Respect,
The Senates,
that all of us are Politicians,
and lastly,
my Position as Emperor.

It's not perfect.
No form of Government ever will be.

Yet we see, especially in the last days, that democracies,
or some that claim to be,
fuel the fires of hostility instead of aiding each other.

There is a clear situation of a country where the Democratic Process is still young.
Where the people have not yet learned, and some are afraid of loosing what they gained again.

They are rightfully afraid, yet they overstepped, threatening the lives of others.
We have a man who decided to enlarge his power, but is that necessarily making him the bad guy?

Our own Speaker of the Elder Senate is in office for several Decades now.

Calm and collected actions are needed, and of all the people so far,
the man who is being attacked from outside and inside alike,
has acted the most calm.

I do not believe said man is a saint,
but i do believe he is between a rock and a hard place.

I do believe that the nations that send help,
that wanted to try and send aid without trying to take sides,
where the ones acting right here.

Yet we, we were not.
We didn't talk about it,
We didn't have a resolution on it,
We did not yet have an official Opinion.

And to end my Speech today,
I ask the Elder Senate,
for the Future,
to take Mundus as a whole more Seriously.

The World won't wait for us to make a decision,
and unless you want me to make every call for you in the Future,
start making your calls faster."

Orion watched the feat on his phone blow up in a matter of minutes, before being able to leave the Plenum. He made his was over to Quintus and Marius, shaking the older Brothers hand, before giving the younger one a gently and careful hug. He could tell from the Bloodstain on the tunic and the bloodshot eyes it had not been gentle.

"As the Emperor, i am Proud of you. Happy Birthday, even if it will sting for a while."

He glanced at the Prince regent with a pale expression storming into the Entrance of the Senate, followed by the two boys father:

"I Expect you at the Academy next week Quintus." He nods to the Black Clad Executors: "Let his Father know that's my decision."

Turning towards the fearful and wide eyed Quintus, Orion nodded slowly:

"You only have this Path forward." he shook his head, leaning in to whisper: "Been talking to your Half Brother. Your Father will only care if you have a foot in the door with the powerful, and better sooner than later. It wont be easy, but if you want to be heard, that is the way."

"And maybe you get to, you know..." Marius pointed between Orion and Quintus, getting a groan from both: "NO!"

Albrecht crossed his arms, shaking his head as he arrived: "I don't know if i want to slap you for that or Hug you."
Orion nodded slowly, taking on a military stance with his hands behind his back: "Considering we are watched, i'd say, course of action would be both."

Quintus and Marius both ducked instinctively, as the echo travelled through the Entrance Hall.

Online Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2023, 10:36:12 PM »

Sunday, 1st September 2023, Neu Uburzis Palace

Orion had noticed the Imperial Tram make it's way up the steep slope from his Atelier. He was working on another Portrait, most of his works now filling the Gallery right below him and reserved for very few people. He did send Jocelyn regular updates and had a small Chat group with her about Art though. Changing into a clean tunic, the now eighteen years old Emperor made his way to greet his arriving niece and nephew.

Since Eidmeier now took the Helm of the Elder Senate, progress was again a possibility for the Empire. Robert's retirement had sent the central governing organ into a lethargic death state with no one able to keep the position for long. It just had to be different this time. He had planned this coup behind Albrecht's back with some of the younger Elder Senators. He knew his cousin didn't want to give his favorite shrew Hag up, but she was needed at the front lines, not plotting behind closed doors.

He saw the door swing open, and a tired Sebastian picking up two large duffel backs from the Tram:

"Come on, Kunigunde. Let's meet up with the others. Your brothers are probably waiting for you."

Orion raised an eyebrow at the black haired boy, before opening his arms wide and squeezing the wriggling teen in a hug:

"Ori damn you! i'm barely younger than you don't hug me!" Sebastian protested before his uncle let go: "But. Thanks for taking your time off." the boy looked to the side: "She's not talking to me about it. Maybe Sigrun can help?"

Orion grabbed Sebastian's hand and raised it up, holding him by the wrist: "You overdid it again? Sebastian please. Alexandra isn't hounding you anymore. Don't hurt yourself when practicing."

The teen looked to the side, somewhat ashamed: "I know. It did win us the Siege though. I shouldn't celebrate it, but apparently their guards where so distracted by listening to me playing for hours without end they ignored my camp marching up on them in full strength in the middle of the night to get me out."

Orion grimaced slightly, shaking his head: "They took you pris..."

This time it was Sebastian cutting him short: "See you at dinner. Talk with Kunigunde. And you don't you dare skip the next shrink appointment either."

Sebastian was right, and Orion knew it. He wasn't much in a position of lecturing him when he had to skip it so often for his duties as Emperor. At least they had a capable Doctor he handpicked away from Albrecht.

He walked over to the Tram and sat down in the doorway: "So, what happened?"

His Niece was still sniffling, tears running across her bruised face as she slammed her fist down: "We lost. That's what happened. Then some of my team broke the rules of the melee and a full on brawl broke out. We got all disqualified. I hate them."

Orion offered his hand: "Then don't be a fighter right now, alright? I know your almost as tall as i am but come on, give me a hug and then let's hear both your Summercamp stories over at dinner."

"I don't think Augustin will be very sad he couldn't join this year when this is the result i got." she whimpered as she gave her Emperor Uncle a hug

Online Norgeras

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2024, 01:44:59 PM »
Irene had never been in the Palace before, when her Orphanage had been selected for the Festival of Love Sleepover, she was away for a Skating Contest. She hadn't lamented it back then, she did win after all, but now? She wondered if she would have met her Father then. Now, she would meet the Man they said was her Brother, the Man she had tried to marry. A cold unpleasant shiver ran down her spine at the thought, not only had she been the most promising candidate, she had been with a fair lead over Lady Shin. 

When she rode the Tram up to the Palace, it wasn't one of the Tourist Carts, no. She had been picked up with the family cart, and been told to bring at least enough supply to stay for a few days for all to figure the situation out. Now she stood at a part of the Palace the Tourists usually didn't get to. No, only the family and guests the Imperial family actually got along with usually entered the old Castle area.

An elderly woman stood at the Gate, waving enthusiastically at her. She seemed familiar but Irene couldn't immediately place her, for now the woman gave her a smile and grabbed the luggage of her:

"Irene, let us handle your Luggage, Ori is waiting for you in his Studio."

The woman pointed up to one of the towers, and a somewhat confused Irene followed suit, just where did she see her before? It took Irene a moment to find the right stairway, the inner palace being a labyrinth of repurposed and remodeled buildings over several centuries. As she finally made it, the door was already slightly open:

"Come on in."

Orion sat in a chair in front of an empty canvas, paint and brushes ready to get to work next to him. Though Irene felt as if she was an intruder, he didn't even acknowledge her. No, whatever this was, the emperor was angry.

"Your Highness?" she asked, careful. This was a tricky situation, she knew his father's infidelity to the late empress must be a heavy burden on him right now. Though, she wasn't even the one to raise that flag. For all her plans she would have become his wife.

"Take a seat, over there. and wait a moment if you don't mind."

Again, the emperor didn't look at her. He wrote some text on his Smartphone and worked on his utensils. The stool for Irene was placed across from him. Studio lamps glowing on to her as she took a seat and a white background setup behind her. Was this for a Photograph? Did he want to paint her, or was this just his casual place? And why did he still not look at her? Two more sets of feet. Smaller, faster steps and giggling. But when the two walked up the stairs Orion beamed at them, happy. Only that Irene almost jumped out of her skin and up from the stool when she saw them.

"Leo? Charles?" she stammered as she looked at the two youngsters from her teaching class. Well, temporarily she had been taking over before the contest. Their trainer had been i'll and she was called as a substitute by the association. Bloody hell, who where those kids?

Orion gave both of them a nod, and looked over to Irene:

"Well, i guess i'll have to reintroduce them. Prince Ludwig and Prince Karloman. Meet your Aunt Irene. Though this is a bit of  secret for now, got it? Training continues this afternoon. Stand over there, would you two? Next to Irene."

"Hey Coach!" the two grinned: "Uncle Ori said you are really his sister? Weird."

the still baffled Irene sat back down, and before she knew it, Orion had snatched a Picture of her with the two boys:

"I'll be taking some creative freedom for the clothing boys. now, hopp hopp. get changed."

Irene was still puzzled, but Orions demeanor had changed, he was softer, his shoulder slumped:

"Sorry for that, i had to make sure it wasn't you who had set that up. Now, though. I will need your help to find out who from your association has broken our trust, because that was no coincidence. Also, do make sure the two don't end up fighting again with the other kids. I hate Bunny Stew."

Irene was just overwhelmed, she was out of the contest, but in the middle of politics. She then blinked:

"Wait what, the Bunny stew wasn't a joke?"