Author Topic: By The Dragons’ Decree  (Read 1232 times)

Offline Admiral Taiwanpenguin

• Regional Power
  • Glory to the Revolution!
    • View Profile
    • Second Imperial Chinese Republic
  • Your Nation: 2nd Imperial Chinese Republic
By The Dragons’ Decree
« on: May 21, 2019, 05:04:37 PM »
Miexue lifted the rifle back up to his shoulder, taking aim on the shadow moving around behind the window. The storm briefly illuminated the police station with a flash of lightning.

He positioned his shot carefully, waiting for the roar of thunder again. The shadow moved away.

He waited patiently for its return.

As a Wilderjaeger, his duty had been to hunt game for his family.

As a Drachenwachter, his duty was to fulfill the destiny that the Dragons’ gave him.

The shadow came into full view again, a smoking cigarette in hand.

Two roars came at that moment, a thunderbolt striking the lightning rod, a window shattering as body fell to the floor.

His blood stained the window, visible from here.

Miexue had no time to admire his work. He slung the rifle onto his back and ran to the front door of the police station, crouching behind a police cruiser.

The pouring rain splashed over his hood, spilling onto the miniature river below. He removed a knife from the sheath on his chest, placing it underneath the folds of his cloak to hide his existence.

An officer burst out of the station in panic, tearing towards the cruiser that Miexue hid behind. His hand found the door handle, flailed, then went limp as the Drachtenwachter removed the knife from his throat.

Looking around to make sure no one was out, the Drachenwachter sheathed his knife, now clean from the pouring rain. He picked up the body, stepping into the reeds beside the road to hide him.

Retrieving a needle and spool of thread, he threaded a few words upon the shirt of the officer. His body was bent over the corpse, shielding it as he did his work. As he finished, he covered the threading with the jacket of the officer. He lifted the body with both hands, placing it at the front door of the station, crossing the palms over the stomach.

He quietly turned and made his way back into the trees. The rain would wash away his tracks, and had left no evidence to betray himself.

Atheneum Echter-Heiss, Altreich Provinz, SICR

Two men sat listening to the radio, one pouring the other a cup of tea.

...the corpses of two police officers in the Gongxue district of Eltembacht were found dead today, one apparently shot through the window(Badge 455), the other with his head stabbed through his throat (Badge 1332). Both were pronounced dead on discovery. Furthermore, a message constructed from threads sewn onto the latter’s shirt have been found, saying, “455-rapist. 1332-corrupt. The Dragons Watch.” An inquiry to the Librarius was denied. An investigation is ongoing.

The elder of the two chuckled, pushing the cup towards the younger, his head still listening to the radio.

“Well done Miexue. You do well fulfilling Klaniau’s wishes.”

“My thanks, Bibliotheca,” Miexue replied, accepting the cup with a nod. “I am glad that balance has been given to the victims’ families.”

“Indeed. To the Dragons.”

The Bibliotheca raised a cup of his own.

Miexue smiled, raising his in response.

“To The Dragons.”
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 08:03:02 PM by Admiral Taiwanpenguin »
Factbook
SICRD-PAO

By the Dragons and the Emperor-Admiral, Forward!

Offline Admiral Taiwanpenguin

• Regional Power
  • Glory to the Revolution!
    • View Profile
    • Second Imperial Chinese Republic
  • Your Nation: 2nd Imperial Chinese Republic
By The Dragons’ Decree - 2
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 11:46:48 PM »
“Kill her? For what possible cause should Etervia deem her time over?”

“Tax evasion.”

“...Are you serious.”

“Well, that and the mafia she runs. Poison her, shoot her, whatever it takes, simply eliminate her from the town.”

“...Very well, Bibliotheca.”

“Oh, and Miexue? The police will follow you as soon as the deed is done. Nevertheless, make your way out before the cameras arrive.”

“Very well.”

Miexue quickly found the illegal red light district, the lanterns emitting a dim scarlet across the wall. The bouncer kept peeking inside from time to time, slowing down the small queue outside.

He dodged into the alleyway behind the building, where he spotted the guards smoking and making small talk.

Creeping closer, he did not eavesdrop. He lunged forward and stabbed both in the face in rapid succession, dashing not into the building, but up the gutter.

He stopped outside the second-story window, where he saw Frau Yu giving her men orders.

He made sure there were no prisoners inside, then kicked the window in and threw a satchel inside. His body met the floor in a roll, then unfurled as he got up and began running. A few shots flew past him before a resounding explosion sounded, filling the entire alley with smoke.

He ducked, debris flying past him, then turned and ran back to the site.

To his surprise, he saw Frau Yu managing to crawl out from behind her desk.

She was bleeding, and tried to call out, before a throwing knife imbedded itself in her chest.

Miexue shot the body a few more times to make sure, then turned and left.

The sound of wailing sirens followed him.

Atheneum Echter-Heiss, Altreich Provinz, SICR

...It is my opinion that Mundus is slowly unraveling. One of these days Rokkenjima, or some other world power will snap and attempt to conquer us all. SANE only makes us a bigger target.

So you think that SANE is counterintuitive to the interests of the Imperial Republic?

That is correct. By all means, the Imperial Republic should-

-click-

“How tiresome. The Self-Defense Party never seem to shut up.”

Miexue nodded, continuing to clean his rifle. The Biblitheca leaned towards him.

“You know, the BIS was here earlier. They wanted to talk to you.”

“Oh? I thought I was protected by the Three Writs? Besides, did they not-“

“Not to arrest you. To recruit you.”

“...What?”

“They obtained a Writ from the Nest-Haven. They’ve seen your records. They want you as a military asset.”

“Military Asset?”

Miexue placed the rifle’s parts on the table, kicking back his chair as he rose.

“A Writ from the Curatoria Assembly? After thirty-nine years in the service of Klaniau’s Talons?! This is my thanks?”

His voice had risen to a shout.

The Biblitheca looked stunned.

“Don’t you want a more comfortable position? You’ll get paid and-“

Miexue slammed his fists on the table.

“I don’t give a shit about pay! Being a servant of the Dragons- being a Drachenwachter of Klaniau’s Talons- is already the highest I could ask for! But as a soldier, I serve without honor, simply being entitled to murder. Eventually when Etervia seems my time is at end, Klaniau will make me pay my debts. And knowing myself, I’ll have sooner moved a mountain than finish repaying.”

His voice softened.

“The Librarius means everything to me. The knowledge that I fulfill the fate of those who sin drives me. Go to a Talon of Faneris, and they will execute based on chance. A Talon of Etervia will kill them on a date, a single day on the calendar. But me, a Talon of Klaniau? I pick my targets based on their actions. And being a soldier only forces me to kill a person I know nothing about.”

Gently, the Biblitheca replied, “Would you prefer it if we made you a MP? Or would you rather stay?”

Miexue’s shoulders sagged, and he sighed, admitting, “No. If Klaniau deems that I should find every war criminal and execute them, then I will scour every battlefield and do so.”

“...You would be a Scalehunter?”

“If I must.”

“Very well. I will inform the BIS.”

“...Thank you, Biblitheca. It was an honor to serve the Librarius.”

“Make them pay their debts, Drachenwachter. Dragons watch over you.”

“And you.”
Factbook
SICRD-PAO

By the Dragons and the Emperor-Admiral, Forward!