Author Topic: The Speaker's Game  (Read 1304 times)

Offline yasha

• Basically New Zealand
  • probably irrelevant
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Neo Quywe Federation
The Speaker's Game
« on: May 31, 2019, 02:20:16 AM »
Within the glass and stone halls of the Temple of the Voice, a war rages. Fought by ambitious nobles who have found their way back to power in the Neo Quywe Federation.

The Four Serpents, the elite ring of the NQF's leadership, just below the Speaker herself have noticed the efforts of an ambitious lieutenant. Masaharu Taera has found his place in the upper echelons of the NQF government, but as a young and cunning financial advisor, his ambitions reach toward the Speaker's seat.

In a place where everyone carries a dagger in their left hand, will Taera's ambition lead him to the power he seeks? Or is he doomed to fail in someone else's elaborate scheme?
something funny or offensive here

Offline yasha

• Basically New Zealand
  • probably irrelevant
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Neo Quywe Federation
Re: The Speaker's Game
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 04:47:52 PM »
Seeing a lone man walk into her reception area, a secretary stood up to greet him. "Welcome! Your business is...?" She inquired, consciously putting on a warm tone to her words. To come face down the Speaker and the Four Serpents was a nerve wracking experience, one she tried to alleviate. "Greetings! Masaharu Taera. New arrival." The man responded. She scanned him up and down, azure silk robes and an onyx cube hanging from his ear; unmistakably the Azure Dragon of Haruna. A sinking ship that the government wasn't willing to let the Dragon fall with. "Wonderful. Do note that only Grand General Hasaenori is present today."

Perhaps not being outnumbered five to one in the most important meeting of your career was a boon. Masaharu could only recall stories of those who had emotional breakdowns under the questioning of the 5 most important people in the entire federation; and how they promptly returned to their previous positions, doomed to remain outside the walls of the Temple of the Voice. "Thank you." He replied, breaking off conversation and continuing towards the ornate wooden doors of the Speaker's chamber.

The architecture on the other side of the door, it felt malicious in nature. He could feel himself retracing the steps of those who disgraced themselves in the past. Even without the piercing gaze of Honoka Tatsuhira to break his spirit, the walkway towards his podium was walled high. Like an arena to contain a fighter nobody expects to survive, the audience benches could see him from every possible angle regardless. On a towering podium beyond that, bearing the seal of the NQF Armed Forces; the Grand General watched his every step, smiling contently.

Without delay, he reached for a considerable sized stack of paper and dropped it down onto the podium. "Your Excellency. I am Masaharu Taera. Former Grand Administrator of Haruna and Joten-Kawari." The General grinned widely. "I know who you are. Azure Dragon. I will spare you the scrutiny of the usual questioning session." Masaharu cocked his brow in confusion. "Your Excellency, with nothing but the highest respect--"

Ianaha imitated covering her mouth with her hand, cutting him short. "Of course, of course. I'm aware of protocol, and I chose to break it. The Azure Dragon of Haruna is of great renown, and potentially of great use to me." Unnerved by her bluntness, Masaharu held his tongue. "I pulled many strings to get you in this chamber alone with me. It's not without reason." The General narrowed her eyes at him, the idle smirk she always carried became a wide grin.

"Let the secretary know I've rescheduled you, I will forge transcripts later. Double cross me after this, and you will be eating a bowl of salt at my feet." The General said, promptly returning to her removed demeanour. Hastily, Masaharu stowed his papers and made a formal exit. Blessing the name of the Grand General as he took his leave.

Without so much as a single question being asked besides his name, Masaharu Taera was now among the most powerful of Northern Ardia.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 04:53:59 PM by tama »
something funny or offensive here