Author Topic: Vignettes from the Empire - Krimeon  (Read 1857 times)

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Republic of Québec
Vignettes from the Empire - Krimeon
« on: June 09, 2019, 01:44:35 PM »

Like with other similar threads, this will serve as the main section for Vignettes originating from Krimeon itself, containing Short stories, Random scenes, Jokes, TV shows, Movies/movie trailers, Entertainment in general, Tabloid articles, Postcards, Personal letters, Business letters, Court case transcripts, Conversations of random Krimeonites, Blogs...Well, you get the idea. Happy Reading!

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Republic of Québec
Re: Vignettes from the Empire - Krimeon
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2019, 03:24:17 PM »
CABINET MEETING #1

Usually the cabinet meetings would take place in the Parliament Building, but due to a faulty air conditioning system currently under repair, the summer heat made it literally unbearable for anyone to concentrate and thus it had to be held in the Prime Minister’s residence, located across the river from the Parliament and opposite the Imperial Palace which was the main residence and workplace of the Emperor and his family. The entire cabinet was gathered in one of the rooms of said residence, having already discussed about the country’s issues and solutions for these hours in the past hours since it was convened.

“They better fix that AC system by the time we convene next time, this BS summer heat can’t simply defeat and play us like dumb fools.” Prime Minister Andrea Bottavá said somewhat irritated, standing up and looking throughout the opened window revealing the other side of the city below them. “In any case we’ve all been productive so far with the discussions so far, keep up the good work people. Alright, as everyone is aware, I’m performing a state visit to Quintelia. Szücs, got anything I should be aware of?” she asked her Deputy PM and Minister of Foreign Affairs before sitting down again.

“Well I’m sure you’re well up-to-date as to what needs to be done, but...yeah.” he replied, shifting through his document and the like as the table was filled loads of them aside from water bottles, coffee cups and various traditional snacks which greatly improved the mood of the members in order to survive the heat wave hitting the Empire. “Considering our closest and greatest ally of Quintelia managed to create their own alliance with the other Ardian realms of the South, it’s more than paramount enough that we quickly gain more of their favour and liking. SANE has the potential of becoming something big, rivaling the likes of the CNN when it comes to economic and military powers.” Alexander Szücs replied, reclining back into the chair and stared into the ceiling.

“True enough, after all it’s important that this government can show to everyone, our citizens and foreign entities, that we’re able to conduct a decent and flexible foreign policy towards those who happen to be different from us. Alright, I believe we’re almost done here...anyone else got something to say?” Bottavá stared across the room.

“Just would like to mention the fact that the first approval rating poll since the beginning of this government has been on the mostly positive side of note.” the Minister of Digital Development, Communications and Mass Media said, showing the % of those who thought that the Bottvá cabinet was doing well, generating a few smiles and sighs of relief from the cabinet members. “However we need to of course be vigilant about those who despise us, from across both sides of the political spectrum.”

“Good point...well thank you for today and I hereby declare this meeting adjourned.” As she followed the ministers out of the residence, Andrea remembered the small spawning of protests that were gathered outside the Parliament, mainly left-wing fanatics who called her a traitor towards their ideological spectrum. Hopefully it wouldn’t grow into something messy that had to be dealt with delicately. She also reminded herself to inform the Emperor about what had been discussed.

“Quintelia...here I come.”