Author Topic: The Chillak Unrest  (Read 1198 times)

Offline Holy King

• Microstate
  • The Night is Dark, and Full of Terrors.
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Greater Foxtrove
The Chillak Unrest
« on: August 16, 2019, 07:57:31 AM »
Just imagine this is interviews or something idk

Hert Xiofani, villager outside Tiliwani

The Republic of Svarti. A nice peaceful and calm country that the elites of the world traveled for vacation and parties. Or so they try to show you as long as you didn't peak 10 miles inland, where the true inhabitants were being prosecuted for existing. Or at least, for as long as anyone can remember who's still alive. It was awful, how we Chillaks are prosecuted for seemingly minute differences between us and the Svarinians, who genetically were almost the same. It was sad, but it was a fact of life that only a few of us were trying to change, but those who were doing it were doing it well. well enough to get us civilians caught in the crossfire and the target of revenge killings after every few attacks in the major city. But I guess that's that isn't really different to how it usually is.

I can still remember the first person I saw die aswell. It macabre, seeing as of all the times someone has been slaughtered around me, that was the only one to stick in my mind. I was 6, or at least I think I was. Gunshots had rung throughout the streets of one of the larger Chillack cities, Tiliwani, as the government-funded death squads had rolled up to one of the poorer districts and shot about five dozen people in one the bazaars, killing about 24 of them and leaving the rest wounded. I can still remember him clearly, blood spreading across his shirt, like how when water leaks through a pipe, leaving his chest a dark red. His eyes were wide open as if he didn't know what had happened and the amount of blood pouring out his nose and mouth was like a leaky faucet. I don't why was that was the one to stick with me throughout the years, even after I've seen worse than that. Far worse. But the fact of the matter was, this was how life was, and how it was going to be so long as nothing changed.

Anonymous Doctor, Chillack Provincial Capital, Setoli

Honestly, I have no idea what I should do. I am stuck between a rock and a hard place and both sides had guns. The Svarti are pressuring me because I am a doctor, claiming I will be an "honorary Svarti". Like that makes things better, as if that would make things okay after all of my people they have killed. And then there are the rebels. The Setophan Ctur Histali Chillak. The Army of the Chillak National Guard. What a name they came up with. Most known for car bombings and ambushing the actual military. Unlike the Svarti, they don't want me for my medical skills, and only wish for me to carry a gun and fire upon people. It's funny in an ironic way I suppose. Speaking of which, try not to tell anyone, but some rich people from god knows where are coming to the mainland, and the SCHC is gonna try to bomb them. I honestly have doubts that their plan is going to succeed but, hey, if they do then good for them. Just don't let the big men up top hear that.

Oh, I just remembered who one of my patients was a few weeks ago. He was some news reporter from some better part of the world, came here to check out the conflicting that was being waged. He had gotten himself shot, straight through the thigh and into his femoral. Poor bastard had to be lifted out of state and into the capital. Hope he's fine, just want him out of state, get the word out. We need all the help we can get. God bless him.