Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
Re: A courtesy visit to McKNS
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2018, 06:37:28 PM »

To: Maxime Anginer

On behalf of McKinlay Naval Solutions I look forward to the opportunity to discuss the matters of clarity with you, the headquarters of McKinlay Naval Solutions is found in Lakeside located on the shores of Lake Sephira, I hope for a honest and productive meeting.

Signed

Edward McKinlay, CEO McKinlay Naval Solutions

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2018, 04:57:20 PM »
Edward McKinlay was the latest CEO of the family company, he walked down the corridors of the main building towards his meeting with the Heyran representative, he was walking side by side with his granddaughter Zoe, the pair of them were discussing a few business matters and had spent a fair bit of time on meeting preparation as well, neither of them had a doubt they could fulfil what the Heyran's were asking for but they needed to know a few things that hadn't yet been made known.

The pair stepped into the meeting room and found Maxime waiting for them.

"Good afternoon, I'm Edward McKinlay this is my granddaughter Zoe." Edward said "We appreciate you coming along to talk with us today. First allow me to say that we're confident that we can satisfy your requirements but we'd like to talk about a few specific things about what you envision for these vessels before we finalize our interest, after all it's not good business to make promises you can't keep. However first things first would you like a drink before we get down to business?"

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2018, 12:18:57 PM »
"Well firstly there are many differences between the two nations of Achkaerin and Rokkenjima including the way their respective leaderships work, look at the last few years the amount of time the two nations have agreed on anything is immensely dwarfed by the amount of time they've spent on opposite sides of the argument. However critically for this discussion there are certain laws and legal conventions in this country that would hopefully reassure you." Edward said handing Maxime the drink, a simple enough whiskey in this case a 2016 Midvale, the drinks industry in Achkaerin wasn't a huge thing but there were a few small and proud business's that did reasonably well.

"Speaking hypothetically if we got this contract and at some point the Achkaerinese government wanted to do something about it then they have to be very careful, because the list of circumstances under which the government may take such action is limited, we have in this country a long standing tradition of non-government involvement in the business sector. Yes they set the corporation tax rate, yes they regulate the health and safety and other such things when it comes to legalities. But they cannot tell me which contracts to take and which ones not to take nor can they tell me to cancel a contract without a good reason, we're talking here about reasons that are laid down in law and yes sanctions are one such reason.

However there is a very clear framework for the application of sanctions which basically boils down to a checklist of things that have to have been tried, other avenues that have been explored, it forms part of a graduated response package to various situations, so for example if we apply this to the Barnacle situtation which I assume you're alluding to, the application of sanctions on the issue at this time by Achkaerin is actually impossible because your client has committed to entering into talks with Himeyama that are being mediated by Bakkermaya, it indicates a clear willingness on the part of your client to resolve this in a peaceful manner and that's something that in terms of the checklist I mentioned is very much useful to your client."

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2018, 12:40:48 AM »
"Well let me begin by stating that McKinlay Naval Solutions feels that it can meet your requirements." Edward said "Our questions are intended to help us a get a clearer picture of your requirements after all we don't want to waste valuable time designing something that doesn't do what you want it to do." he took another breath "You've said you're looking for a heavy frigate but I don't know anything more than that. So first I need to ask what sort of role your client envisages these ships fulfilling, what jobs are they going to be doing? Secondly is there anything particular in the way of capabilities that you'd like them to have?"