Author Topic: Investment in Blue Economy  (Read 1990 times)

Offline Orioni

• Microstate
    • View Profile
    • Europa NS
  • Your Nation: Orioni_2 & Noobia
Investment in Blue Economy
« on: September 27, 2018, 10:10:30 PM »
President Akubundu Achebe wasn't having such a good time. In fact, he was having a rather bad time. The opposition parties in government had been on his case all month about the failing shipping industry. "Achebe promises us heaven with his 'blue economy' fantasies," said one member of the opposition party NAC, "while at the same time our infrastructure is crumbling and shipping tragedies happen every week."

Achebe couldn't deny this. It was only last week that a ferry capsized on Lake Escarion. And during the summer there was another ferry that sunk, this time in Urashu province. In private he had already scolded the minister responsible for infrastructure about these ridiculous accidents. Yet in public, the government presented a united front to the public. The opposition is like wolves. The can smell any sign of weakness. If Achebe replaced his economy minister, he could be sure they would be coming for him next.

What he needed was a distraction. Something to take the people's mind of things. He had hoped to achieve this with his ambitious plan for a Blue Economy. But this plan seemed to have stalled in committee. Time to pick this up again and kick things into overdrive.

GENERAL PROCUREMENT NOTICE

UNITED REPUBLIC OF NOOBIE
RECONSTRUCTION OF KUNAMI HARBOUR PROJECT
SECTOR: TRANSPORTATION/PORTS AND HARBOURS INFRASTRUCTURE

1. The Government of Noobia has search financing in the amount of USD 2.000,000,000.00 equivalent from an international partner toward the cost of the Reconstruction of Kunami Harbour Project, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds to payments for goods, works, related services and consulting services to be procured under this project. The expected implementation period for the overall project is 36 months. (OOC I would estimate 9-12 months of RP time.)

2. The project aims to construct harbour infrastructure facilities at the port of Kunami in Tudu province, with the possibility of additional construction in the port of Matudi in the same province. The scope of the project would include the design and supervision consultancy. Major components of the civil works would include the construction of quay walls, breakwaters, dredging of harbour basin and access channel and also the construction of shore protection where applicable.

3. The project will include the following components:
a) Civil Works for the reconstruction of quay walls, breakwaters and dredging of harbour basins in the above-mentioned location.
b) Environmental & Social Impact Study (ESIS)
c) Consultancy Service for design and supervision of construction works
d) Project Management Unit
e) Financial Audit by a certified local Auditor.

4. Procurement of contracts will be conducted through the existing procedures as specified in the Guidelines for Procurement of Goods and Works under Noobian law (2013 edition), and is open to all eligible bidders both national and international as defined in the guidelines. Civil Works shall be conducted through International Competitive Bidding. Financial Auditor shall be selected from a short-list of local auditing firms through least-cost selection.

5. Interested eligible bidders who wish to be included should contact the address below.

Tender Evaluation Section
Ministry of Finance and Treasury
Magu Lane, N-1000 Pharse
United Republic of Noobia
Email: [email protected]

(OOC: My very first RP. It builds on 4-5 news posts I shared previously about the dilapidated state of my economy. Hopefully this quest for international partnership will open up some more interesting avenues of RP. In due time I hope to add some drama into the mix. But I will keep those spoilers to myself, for now.)
🇪🇹 The United Republic of Noobia
Nation · Factbook · News · Posts

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
Re: Investment in Blue Economy
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2018, 10:51:10 PM »

To: [email protected]
Subject: Tender Evaluation Section

Abstergo Industries has a storied history in providing solutions toward our ultimate corporate goal, For a better life and a brighter future. Leveraging the capabilities of Abstergo's Divisions I feel that we may find partnership in reaching the goals which you have set forth. I am addressing you from the Financial Solutions Division as we would be prepared to provide principal financing via a long-term, low interest loan with favourable terms. I also believe that a portion of these funds could be procured through the form of an International Development Grant from the Imperial Diplomatic Corps, lessening the financial burden upon Noobia and bringing on the First Empire as a partner in this ambitious project.

1. As stated above, the Financial Solutions Division is prepared to provide principle financing and would work in conjunction with the Imperial Diplomatic Corps to source a portion of funding in the form of an International Development Grant, lessening the overall financial burden upon Noobia. This provides the financing necessary, while lessening further the financial burdens you would face through other avenues. I believe we may seek at least $1,000,000,000.00 through the Program, halving the amount of financing which Noobia would need to procure through other options.

2. Abstergo has provided services to Port Rosa, a major centre of Rokkenjiman shipping, as well as other various ports throughout the First Empire. Abstergo thus has the know-how, tools and knowledge to service Noobian harbours, including the construction of infrastructure facilities at ports as necessary. Through our network of industry partners we will bring the full array of Rokkenjiman maritime excellence to meet Noobia's various needs.

3. At the port city of Aldspring Abstergo had similar experiences that would be most valuable in meeting the components of Noobia's projects. Following our work with Aldspring the city has seen increases in efficiency, utilization of facilities, and an increase in employment opportunities for the local work force.

Should you wish to work with Abstergo my lines will be open. Preliminary work has been explored as previously noted and, should you elect to contract with Abstergo, I assure you I shall work to bring the best quality work and services at prices which cannot be met by our competitors.

Thank you for your time.

Alyssa Jensen
Executive Vice President
Investments and Holdings Division
Abstergo Industries

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra
Re: Investment in Blue Economy
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 07:31:45 AM »
To: [email protected]
Subject: Tender Evaluation Section

Allow me to first congratulate you on the decision to move forward with the project. Exploiting those resources is a wonderful opportunity for the people of your nation. We in Tamora have watched closely the tragedies that took place in Noobia and have prayed for the souls of the deceased. Tamora is not the richest of countries and some of your problems resonate deeply with us.
Second, I represent the largest agricultural conglomerate in Tamora and we would like to help you finance the project by providing you with 200 mil dinars (USD), we are willing to commit more should you not reach your goal. Our religion does not allow usury (charging interest) so we would prefer for Noobia to pay us back in agricultural land (substance farming in poor rural areas would interest us the most) over a long period of time(as agricultural land become available).
We wish you all the best with this project and our thoughts and prayers go to the Noobians who have lost their lives in the recent tragic accidents.

Mahud Dabiri
Marketing Director
Jalal Deer Agricultural Conglomerate