Author Topic: Djerb Top 100 richest people of Mundus  (Read 3059 times)

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra
Djerb Top 100 richest people of Mundus
« on: September 30, 2018, 08:53:28 PM »

Link to the TOP here.

The aim of this thread is to have a top of the richest public figures in Mundus. In order to submit a character you need to do fill out the following:

Name (if the person is married and you want the spouse to appear, please mention and write the full name of the spouse also): Morad and Musaevna (wife) Kadyrov
Net family assets (if within single digits please also add decimals like 1.2 bln instead of 1 bln):90bln USD
Age (if spouse appears add that too): 37/35
Source of wealth (IT&C, hotels, oil and gas, banking, agribusiness. If very diversified just say conglomerate): Arms manufacturer, satnav.
Link to character page: here.
Link to at least one RP (meeting, news, anything IC really) where the character appears: here and also here.
Has your country been added to Mundus economy thread? If not, please do not submit the application: Yes.
Special mentions - optional (how many kids they have, their religion, are they in prison or seriously ill, maybe they won an Olympic medal etc): Very well connected to the ruling family of Tamora and often act as informal representatives of the Tamoran government, Morad rarely appears in public, very religious (Manism), have three kids.

In order to limit the number of billionaires the following cap will be used: total worth of the billionaires from a country cannot be higher than 10% of GDP minus the total government revenue (what the government takes in):

Let's take the example of Tamora: 
 2,740 bln USD. 10% of that is 274 bln. The government takes 20%(all taxes combined) so the limit is 0.8* 274= 219 bln. That means all the wealth combined of Tamoran billionaires cannot exceed 219 bln.

FAQ: 1. Why do I need to make a character guide for my billionaire? I just want to add my billionaire.
So people don't span me with billionaires.

2. Why do I need to have at least one mention of my billionaire in an RP?
Welcome to TIO, I assume you're new. We RP here, that's what we do.

3. The limit cap formula makes no sense.
You only need to respect it, not accept it.

4. Does that mean communist countries don't get to have billionaires?
Naturally.

5. Well I will claim that I have X billionaires regardless of this thread.
No problem, this thread isn't a factbook. It's a top of public billionaires made by a Tamoran economic newspaper.

6. I have a very small country with a tiny GDP and I RP having many billionaires. This isn't fair.
Hello, Nova!
The system isn't perfect. One way around it is to have foreign billionaires as residents in your country (and have their wealth counted within the cap of their home country, like say you have a ES billionaire as resident in Heyra and his wealth is counted in the ES cap).
The other way is just to assume the billionaires in your country are not public figures and don't want their name published or something.

7. Tamora is a pariah state. Why would we have a Top made by a Tamoran newspaper?
That's a fair point. I plan on changing the name in the future depending on the outcome of a certain RP. Still there are some IC reasons for why this isn't totally unreasonable. Tamora has a somewhat of a fascination (respect) with wealth, people that have over a billion USD tend to be referred to as corporate nobles (though they have no noble blood) because of the high respect they have among the population, especially if this wealth was made by multiple generations and they do lots of charity donations (to temples, schools etc).   

Offline The Young Pope

• Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Republic of Québec
Re: Djerb Top 100 richest people of Mundus
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2018, 09:55:17 PM »
Name: Augustin & Tyrza Fava (ES branch of Fava Family)
Net family assets: 165 bln USD
Source of wealth: Fava Organisation (Conglomerate)
Link to character page: Augustin and Thyrza
Link to at least one RP: "A Truth Sayer speaking the Truth...or really?"
Has your country been added to Mundus economy thread? If not, please do not submit the application: Yes.
Special mentions - optional: One of Mundus' wealthiest families with influential connections to the ES government (Emilé Fava is for example Cardinal & Governor-General of ES), Secretly BG.

Name: Neal G. Fava-Schuterman (NZ branch of Fava Family)
Net family assets: 97.8 bln USD
Source of wealth: Fava Financials (Investment Bank & Financial Services Company)
Link to character page: Neal
Link to at least one RP: "Ali Baba et les quarante voleurs' - Princesse Angélique & Neal Fava-Schuterman"
Special mentions - optional: One of Mundus' wealthiest families with influential connections to the NZ government (Nathalie Fava-Schuterman is for example PM of NZ), Secretly BG.

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 10:36:26 PM »
Name: Lord Lucas Osman
Net family assets:- $2.6billion
Age (if spouse appears add that too): 69
Source of wealth: pharmaceuticals, biomedical engineering, private health care.
Link to character page: Here
Link to at least one RP (meeting, news, anything IC really) Various News Posts
Special mentions - Head of the Osman Family and recently stepped down as head of OsmanTech having in 2017 split the company between himself and his three daughters. He kept 35% while giving each daughter 15%, the final 20% is owned by various share holders including the Global Child Birth Initiative who own 2%. The company is now headed by his eldest daughter Joanna Osman. 

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
  • Hallo, Ich bin eine Filipino.
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Quintelia, Socram and Sarandib
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2018, 04:13:34 PM »
Name: King Ferdinand "Lapu" Adartse + (Prince Fernando Ernesto Adartse, & Princess Eiza Adartse) - children
Net family assets:- $6 billion
Age (if spouse appears add that too): 52, 30, 20
Source of wealth: Family/Tribal heirlooms, Position as a King and as Ministers
Link to character page: King Lapu only
Link to at least one RP (meeting, news, anything IC really) Our RP bro :)
Special mentions - The current Royal Family of Quintelia and is the most prominent family in the nation. They are, however, not the richest family in Quintelia as that title will have to go to another more prominent name.

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2018, 12:24:27 PM »
Name: Omarelle Dizon
Net family assets:- $52 billion
Age (if spouse appears add that too): 42
Source of wealth: Monopoly over most of Quintelian agricultural industry
Link to character page: None yet
Link to at least one RP (meeting, news, anything IC really) [url = https://independentorder.net/index.php?topic=465.msg7872#msg7872]News post here[/url]
Special mentions - The richest man in Quintelia is none other than Omarelle Dizon, the CEO of Dizon Farms. His company has influence in four other nations such as in Royal Seleucid and in the Ecclesiastical State. Omarelle is the fourth CEO of the company that has been ran by his forefathers. As of ow, his company has begun developing better organic pesticide, herbicide, insecticide, and GMO plants that grow faster, provide themselves with own pesticide, and is safe for consumption. He has also promised that 10% of his wealth will be donated when he dies.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2018, 06:12:53 PM »

Name: Neal G. Fava-Schuterman (NZ branch of Fava Family)
Net family assets: 97.8 bln USD
Source of wealth: Fava Financials (Investment Bank & Financial Services Company)
Link to character page: Neal
Link to at least one RP: "Ali Baba et les quarante voleurs' - Princesse Angélique & Neal Fava-Schuterman"
Special mentions - optional: One of Mundus' wealthiest families with influential connections to the NZ government (Nathalie Fava-Schuterman is for example PM of NZ), Secretly BG.

According to the limit a detailed in the first post, billionaires of New Zion cannot have more than 59.71 biln USD combined. Since this is the same family I guess you could have the  Fava-Schuterman go over the limit by using the available one in ES (that means ES would lose 40 bln of its limit). I added the other part of the family to the top.

Name: Lord Lucas Osman
Net family assets:- $2.6billion
Age (if spouse appears add that too): 69
Source of wealth: pharmaceuticals, biomedical engineering, private health care.
Link to character page: Here
Link to at least one RP (meeting, news, anything IC really) Various News Posts
Special mentions - Head of the Osman Family and recently stepped down as head of OsmanTech having in 2017 split the company between himself and his three daughters. He kept 35% while giving each daughter 15%, the final 20% is owned by various share holders including the Global Child Birth Initiative who own 2%. The company is now headed by his eldest daughter Joanna Osman.

I added him. Maybe you can find the time to move the character guide to the new forum. The old one is hard to use and I doubt most new players (like me) use it.

Name: King Ferdinand "Lapu" Adartse + (Prince Fernando Ernesto Adartse, & Princess Eiza Adartse) - children
Net family assets:- $6 billion
Age (if spouse appears add that too): 52, 30, 20
Source of wealth: Family/Tribal heirlooms, Position as a King and as Ministers
Link to character page: King Lapu only
Link to at least one RP (meeting, news, anything IC really) Our RP bro :)
Special mentions - The current Royal Family of Quintelia and is the most prominent family in the nation. They are, however, not the richest family in Quintelia as that title will have to go to another more prominent name.

In the character guide it says "His and his family's net worth is about $1,500,000,000; making them the richest family in the country. " But I understand that's not the case. Can you please update it? I added him to the top.

Name: Omarelle Dizon
Net family assets:- $52 billion
Age (if spouse appears add that too): 42
Source of wealth: Monopoly over most of Quintelian agricultural industry
Link to character page: None yet
Link to at least one RP (meeting, news, anything IC really) [url = https://independentorder.net/index.php?topic=465.msg7872#msg7872]News post here[/url]
Special mentions - The richest man in Quintelia is none other than Omarelle Dizon, the CEO of Dizon Farms. His company has influence in four other nations such as in Royal Seleucid and in the Ecclesiastical State. Omarelle is the fourth CEO of the company that has been ran by his forefathers. As of ow, his company has begun developing better organic pesticide, herbicide, insecticide, and GMO plants that grow faster, provide themselves with own pesticide, and is safe for consumption. He has also promised that 10% of his wealth will be donated when he dies.

Please create a character page first and then I'll add him.

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2018, 04:16:29 PM »
Added Dizon's factbook and updated King Lapu's character page

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2018, 12:06:10 PM »
Added Dizon's factbook and updated King Lapu's character page

I have added him. Also, as far as King Lapu is concerned, his family can't be the richest in Quintelia, it should be Dizon right?

PS: I still find King Lapu (of better said his character skin) the most dignified HoS in Mundus. I just love that picture.

Offline Major Jaws

• World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2018, 12:16:25 PM »
OOC: Sorted. Also, once I saw that pic, I just had to use it for a character guide.