• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
Re: Conglo-Rokkenjiman Panner Mount Summit
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018, 02:56:34 AM »

A Reply To Lead Officer Iden Dentar

It shall be a delight to join with you at Panner Mount to discuss the matters you have put forth. It is not lost upon me the bond our nations have enjoyed in the past, with a good many Rokkenjimans still residing within the Conglomerate following the conflict with Republican forces. Joining me shall be Gregory McKenna, Imperial Liaison for Diplomatic Affairs, and I shall discuss with our Achkaerinese allies of a representative to be included in our talks concerning the Cross-Straits Union.

I am certain we shall come to an agreement which reflects the ties between us, while also serving our mutual interests and those of our Peoples. In addition to the points you have listed I would wish to discuss the creation of facilities within your territory to support the expanding Rokkenjiman ocean liner and airliner markets. This shall also require the presence of Governor Marino of the Imperial Overseas Dependency of Rishiri. While she shall not be engaging in any official decisions it is my understanding that she wishes to learn from the Conglomerate example of efficiency and financial prowess.

I shall depart via the Imperial Yacht Austrana and certainly look forward to this summit between us.

Respectfully yours;

Empress of Rokkenjima
Princess of Littlebrook

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2018, 09:59:00 AM »

Empress Beatrice approaches the Conglomerate

Travel by yacht did maintain its advantages, allowing for due reflection and thought upon the events laying ahead. In ages past, prior to the invention of the Internet and air travel, the previous pace of developments allowed for greater thought and consideration upon any matter before a Rokkenjiman (or, indeed, a foreign) Monarch. Upon her arrival to the Conglomerate Beatrice, joined by Vicegerent Emerson and Acting CEO of Abstergo Mr. Relkin, approached the welcoming party. Bowing before her hosts Beatrice smiled, "A pleasure to be on familiar soil, if I may say," she said as she stood.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2018, 07:32:30 PM »
OOC - as an Ach presence is necessitated for item 1.

It's an easy simple job, no controversy and a nice way for you to get back out there rather than go stir crazy those words of her father went through Serenity's mind as the plane she was in touched down on Mantra, it had all been carefully worked out, slip in under the radar, no drawing attention, no pageantry, this was simply a task of sitting and listening before making a simple binary decision. She was sat on the bed she had on the plane, in truth the aircraft somewhat resembled a flying house at times, her eyes trained on the spot where her lower left leg would have been if she hadn't got herself into trouble whilst pursuing a fugitive a few weeks ago and ended up losing it. She'd gotten pretty good at putting on the artificial leg as well, it was a little fiddley but she was getting used to it now, what was helping most though was the networking with other veterans in East Moreland.

When she looked and felt ready Serenity walked towards the aircraft door finding her travelling companion Ĺosa Càidh, the Secretary General of the Cross-Straits Union herself, waiting for her. It was simple and efficient wasn't it to have the two CSU members and the Secretariat present? It did after all tick each and every box that they were required to tick.

"You ready?" Serenity asked
"I am what about you?" Ĺosa said
"I'm all set." Serenity said

They did have one advantage - the Viceregent of Rokkenjima had made their travel arrangements, fly into Mantra on a plane and then get a helicopter to the venue. Done discreetly and done effectively it allowed everyone who was required to assemble in an orderly manner without distracting the attention of the Heyran's from their Rokkenjiman guests this was after all about that relationship it was just that the first item on the agenda necessitated their presence. Stepping onto the helicopter Emerson had arranged for them the two women mentally got themselves in the right place for what was to come.

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2018, 07:16:29 AM »
Flanked by the Vicegerent and Mr. Relkin the Empress bowed upon her approach, though not as low as a bow which she was presented with. "The pleasure is mutal, then," she said with a smile as she rose. "Our seas were fair and calm for the most part, although we did encounter some unsettled weather over the Krimeon. She was a liner prior to her service to the Crown, thus she had little difficulty making swift passage through the waves. That's the difference between a proper liner and these floating boxes others take such pride in; aside from the Dartfordians of course, they still posses fine taste."

"I do hope I can invite you to Pyrettania one day," Beatrice said as she took in the sights of the island below. "Pyrena Castle, which rises above the clouds, sits just above Pyrettania, the Rokkenjiman capital; I do believe you would take joy in the views from its walls. I can see why a good many Rokkenjimans would have made their way North under the Republican regime," she continued. She would save the majority of her questions and discussion for once they had arrived, for now, she would enjoy the flight and sights beneath them.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2019, 05:32:38 AM »
"Quite the gathering we have, yes?" Beatrice said upon the union of the groups. "Not to distract from schedule, it's something I always ask when discussing the diplomatic future between the First Empire and a foreign part, what is it which the Conglomerate seeks in a relationship with the First Empire? Knowing this allows me some insight, as well as knowing what to expect from a potential partner." Beatrice paused, continuing to take in new sights, before they would turn their attentions to the broader group.

"For my part, Rokkenjima held an affinity for Heyra," she continued. "As a refuge for many Rokkenjimans fleeing the Second Patriotic War this land has become known to us as the 'hokubu no hinansho', or the shelter in the North. Forging strong ties to a nation which boasts a number of Rokkenjimans who live here to this day is important for many reasons, as well as the matter of relaying my personal gratitude for the hospitality of your People. These circumstances have brought us together and forged between us a bond which deserves formal standing, not just the warm feelings which have been fostered over the years."

Noticing Relkin stir a bit Beatrice giggled, "Yes, the business interests, worry not my sentimental reflection is behind us Albert. Expanding economic opportunities between the First Empire and the Conglomerate is most important, enriching both of our respective markets. I'll leave Mr. Relkin to relay his desires, as well as negotiating the finer details of any arrangements between the Conglomerate and Abstergo."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2019, 11:16:05 PM »
Ĺosa took a moment to check over her notes on her tablet, it was habit for her not to rush straight into business, she preferred to take a moment and think, associate membership or a CSU-Conglomerate trade deal didn't really make any difference in terms of negotiation as long it involved the CSU as a party then she was the chief negotiator, it went with the job. She did have her own concerns but hopefully she could get assurances there.

"From where I sit you could be looking at what we call Associate Membership, which is essentially observer membership, or we could be looking at a potential CSU-Conglomerate treaty. My preference would be to look at this from the point of view of Associate Membership because we avoid having to draw up a treaty by going that route. As an associate member you would have certain obligations that I'm sure you'd want to know about but first what do you get out of associate member status?

Well firstly you get the right to have a delegation of five representatives sit as part of the Cross-Straits Council, this is where the day to day policy decisions are made it's not me and my colleagues and the Secretariat having a meeting it's the national representatives debating and voting. As an associate member you would be permitted to have those seats and to participate in debate but you would not be allowed a vote. You would also be permitted to attend the annual Council of Head of States meeting but again while you would be able to participate in discussion you would not be able to vote.

In terms of obligations we're talking about two areas Security/Justice and the environment. Off what I know of your nation neither of these will be an issue as you already comply with most if not all of the environmental policy. The Security and Justice policy is relatively simple as well it's an agreement to extradite people under the usual conditions such as no torture, guarantee of a fair trial and not to the death penalty and an agreement that you cooperate with foreign investigations under certain circumstances. Finally as part of that there's a police officer exchange. It sounds pretty wordy and complicated I know but it's quite straightforward and most of it does take care of itself.

So that's the basics of Associate Member status it's what we as the CSU ask of you and what you initially get out of it. Now in addition you wanted to look at trade and travel. Both of these we can easily accommodate I believe, we would simply ask that you comply with the relative provisions in regards to travel and the Cross-Straits Free Trade Area.

My only real concern is Elysium, I would appreciate some clarifications in terms of legal jurisdiction, sovereignty and such in regards to that. And of course I'm happy to answer any questions you have."

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2019, 09:58:58 AM »
Beatrice jotted down notes as Tosom spoke finding nothing of concern with the positions presented thus far. She almost felt the urge to speak but refrained from doing so, not wishing to intrude upon the remit of the Achkaerinese who were here specifically in the interests of the Union. While the prospects of an agreement between the Union and the Conglomerate were of great opportunity she reviewed her mental notes for their bilateral discussions incessantly, ensuring that there was nothing she had missed in her preparations. She was certain that in her moment of thought it was perhaps obvious that her mind had wandered upon other matters, so she gave a respectful nod to the first person she made eye contact with.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2019, 08:19:37 PM »
Ĺosa reached into her briefcase, she'd come prepared for something like this, she took out a couple of sheets of paper that was the most part already drafted up she just needed to fill in the relevant details namely the two sections of the Treaty that the Conglomerate were interested in, this she did swiftly with the flow of her handwriting, it probably wasn't the best anyone had ever seen but what did that matter? It was still readable. With the fresh ink added she placed the document on the table in front of Tosom.

"That's the proposal for a bi-lateral Conglomerate - CSU agreement. It gives you access to our free trade area and travel in exchange for compliance with how they operate and your agreement to the provisions contained in article eleven which concern Security and Justice, this is included because from the Union's perspective we have to be certain that we can get justice should someone who happens to be within the Conglomerate's territory commits an offence against an entity within the Union or is a fugitive wanted by a Union member and having your agreement with article eleven is the easiest way of achieving that. I have omitted your agreement to article 92 in this proposal because from where I sit my issue is satisfied with your agreement to the other provisions of section 11 and I don't think given what you've said that unnecessary entanglement in our things is beneficial.

I won't say anything further about Elysium at this stage because I feel it better and wiser that the Union takes a watching brief on that matter for now."

She sat back in her chair and sipped her drink, she knew that this was a good offer and that it was given what she had to factor in probably the best she could do at the present moment.

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2019, 05:06:00 PM »
Emerson put a hand on Beatrice's shoulder indicating that in his opinion the Empress shouldn't do anything, it wasn't too difficult to see what was going on a simple reading of the situation spoke volumes, the Conglomerate wanted to move onto the other business that concerned bi-lateral relations but there was no value in embarking on a voyage of duplication until they knew what the status of the CSU-Conglomerate agreement.

Ĺosa had to smile a little, but she could tell her hosts probably weren't going to like this.

"If I may correct you." Ĺosa said "Article eleven's inclusion doesn't take away your nation's judicial power at all, the judicial function of the Cross Straits Union is found under article 4 of the Treaty of the Cross Straits Union which we have not included in our proposal. Article eleven is what we call a safeguarding clause its inclusion as proposed simply means that if for example someone were to take advantage of the travel provisions that we have included as a means of facilitating their fleeing to the Conglomerate having committed a crime within or against a member state of the Cross Straits Union then the member state that was the place of the crime, or indeed the victim of the crime should the crime be against the state itself, has the ability to request - under the conditions in the CSU treaty that the Conglomerate extradite that person back to that state to face trial, there's nothing unreasonable about that in my opinion. To put it another way you don't sign a contract without doing everything you can to ensure it's watertight."

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2019, 05:17:45 AM »
Beatrice acknowledged Emerson's gesture though took a moment to rise to her feet, "If you would excuse me, I feel the Vicegerent shall be capable of representing the interests of the First Empire in my absence. I do wish to take some air," she said, following Dentar's path.

Joining with Dentar Beatrice smiled, "I take it there are topics on your mind which do not fit the agenda presently being discussed?" she asked, straight to the point. "I trust Emerson shall conduct my affairs in my absence, thus should any reconciliation be required we may reach that at a later time. What is it you should wish to discuss?"

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2019, 10:20:46 PM »
Ĺosa was far from impressed the man sat opposite her had clearly not understood what she had just explained to him, seemingly dismissing a very practical reality as a flight of fancy.

"A man commits a crime in Achkaerin on a Monday, the commission of the crime is not discovered until Thursday however on the Tuesday the man flies from Achkaerin to the Conglomerate placing him in the Conglomerate at the time the crime is discovered to have taken place, now that would place outside of Achkaerin's authority in terms of arrest however as the crime took place in Achkaerin that makes an individual or entity within Achkaerin the wronged party and therefore they have the right to pursue justice, also as the crime took place in Achkaerin it is a matter of whether it is an offence under Achkaerinese law, just as it would be a case of whether it is an offence under the Conglomerate's law if the roles were reversed. So assume that the Achkaerinese government says to the Conglomerate 'we want this person extradited for this reason and we have the evidence of it.' what's the Conglomerate going to do? If the answer is 'yes sure go right ahead' then your protestations in relation to article eleven's inclusion make no sense because that's what saying yes does. If the answer is 'no' then the Conglomerate would presumably have a good reason for the refusal other than 'we don't consider that a crime under our law' because that's the road to becoming a haven for criminals.

Now let's be clear the Conglomerate has asked for access to our Free Trade Area and our travel provisions, the CSU is prepared to agree to that on condition that the Conglomerate also agree to the extradition provisions under article eleven none of which makes you give up any judicial authority whatsoever, that is the minimum agreement acceptable to the CSU so if you want a deal with us then you'll take it." Ĺosa said she took out her business card and placed it on the table "That's where to get hold of me when you have a decision. Your Highness I believe that's it for us."

Ĺosa walked out of the door, Serenity stood and glanced at Emerson

"Don't let her do anything foolish." Serenity said
"I won't." Emerson said, Serenity nodded and also left.

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2019, 06:47:20 PM »
"A fine document," Beatrice said as she reviewed the Draft before her. "However there are a few areas of concern which we should address before moving forward. First, dependent upon the arrangements made between the Conglomerate and the CSU, we may find that the provisions of such an agreement are covered via the CSU agreement. We may thus coordinate those talks and see where we end up before hammering out anything of a bi-lateral nature on such topics."

"Secondly, I am unfortunately unable to grant 500km2 of land, the scale of the map does not offer the First Empire such expanses of land you see. Furthermore, with renewed feelings of nationalism it would be a challenge to see the Crown allowing sovereignty over Rokkenjiman territory. This is an area we shall have to discuss and see that we arrive at a solution which meets both of our needs."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2019, 09:09:52 PM »
"So we shall not focus on the CSU talks, excellent," Beatrice replied.

"Rokkenjima has, on Hoshiko Island, a former Seaforthian military base. The size of this former base provides opportunities for redevelopment, and a blank canvas for the Conglomerate's vision as Seaforth returned the installation to Rokkenjima to the state it was prior to their base. We may thus look to the arrangement held with Seaforth over the area and allow a similar arrangement to move forward with the Conglomerate, if acceptable to you?"

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2019, 07:16:30 AM »

"This is Hoshiko," Beatrice replied as she shared her tablet with Dentar. "The area in green represents that space previously occupied by Seaforth's Gibraltar Base, and that which would be offered to the Conglomerate. As were the terms with the Kingdom of Seaforth it would be a matter of reciprocity; so long as Rokkenjima's base arrangements exist with the Conglomerate, so shall the Conglomerate's holdings on Hoshiko exist. Hoshiko's position is, as seen here, just south of Azukishima Island, and enjoys direct access to the Rokkenjima Sea on two fronts; this includes access to some of the best preserved fishing stocks to be found anywhere throughout Mundus."

"Thanks to the Rokkenjiman military presence on Hoshiko it enjoys robust network connections, and any other accommodations which should be sought by the Conglomerate may be pursued as you should raise them. I do know that some plots for a tunnel to connect Hoshiko to Azukishima are afoot, and I would be willing to see that connection between the islands made in the Conglomerate sector to ensure all eases of travel are assured."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2019, 07:07:06 AM »
"The facilities and capabilities of Lethe, I feel, are crucial to any meaningful Rokkenjiman participation in the arrangements we see before us, most central to the needs facing the IRAF following Seaforth's decision to decline the renewal of the lease for QAMB. Now the lands south of Rosa, whose shores face Hoshiko Island, comprise of traditional holdings of the Anselmo Family. As such these lands fall outside the sovereignty of Rokkenjima, whatever I should wish to do with them falls under my sole remit. Save a home and its lands that I have not visited but once during my reign, they are mostly undeveloped; I understand that some of my anscestors used the lands for hunting and other such activities. I, however, do not hunt and as such do not have a use for such assets."

"With that being said I turn your attention to the following map," Beatrice said, presenting a tablet.

"With a proposal including Styx and Lethe I shall see that the arrangements are made to grant the Conglomerate my personal sanction for the utilization and management of the lands, we'll consider it part of the lease. Included shall be, at the cost of the First Empire, two new highways connecting these lands to Rosa and Exuperia, which gives a direct link to you to a metropolitan area with a GDP of $2tn, as well as a tunnel capable of both automobile and rail service. Furthermore, I shall allow Governor Marino to grant the Conglomerate rates and licenses to operate within Rishiri which shall put it at an advantage above all other parties. We've also interest in a new international airport somewhere in Azukishima, one which I could direct to be constructed within these lands or within a brief drive of them, should such a proposal need further sweetening."

"Is this a proposal you would find equitable?"

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2019, 02:21:22 AM »
"I believe we have," Beatrice replied with a smile and a bow of her own. "I look forward to counting the Conglomerate as a steadfast and, importantly, equal partner of the First Empire. To a more secure and prosperous future for our Peoples."

Beatrice Anselmo