Author Topic: Elysium Economic Forum(EEF) - the Auditorium (speakers section)  (Read 9561 times)

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra

Inside the Welt Elysium Annex, there was a large auditorium where the guests could see on the large screens the speakers. The Tamoran and Attican (ooc: a component kingdom of Tamora where Elysium is located) flags were present everywhere as were the flags of Royal Seleucid and the Kingdom of Clysperis. Tamorans were always careful about foreign flags but in this case and even more so when the Emperor would be in attendance but Clysperis and Royal Seleucid were not only two kingdoms that were part of MidAranye they also two nations that were close to Tamora and by placing the two foreign flags at the event they wanted to send a discrete message to the two countries and the word that Djerb considers those two nations close friends.

Auditorium of Welt Elysium Annex

Spoiler:  the logo of EEF was featured prominently • show

The host, Ayatollah and Professor Azad Arak, is a very popular figure in Tamora. He is often invited at TINS shows to give his opinion on foreign policy and events. Behind him, the ever present Tamon flag.

Once Ayatollah Azad Arak reached the stage, some those in attendance applauded to which he answered:

“Thank you so much ladies and gentlemen. I am honored and pleased to see that so many of you watch TINS.

It is my great pleasure to be your host for this event, a first of this kind in the region and the first of many I hope. I am absolutely pleased to see such a large crowd in attendance and we will do our best to make it worth your time. God willing, this will be an event that not only will provide you with new information but will also make you ponder what to do with it for many weeks to come. Before I let the speakers begin, I would like to make just a couple of administrative announcements. First, if everything went well all of our guest should have received a copy of the itinerary. Second, there are several prayer rooms in the building and we will take regular breaks in order to allow you to honor God in the proper way. Thirdly, though we do not approve of alcohol, not all of our guests share this opinion so we do have alcoholic drinks available but I respectfully ask you to drink only in the designated rooms. There are the ones with opaque glass so that any children in attendance don’t see you drinking.

With that out of the way, I have just a couple of more announcements to make. First, the paintings you see on the walls are originals pieces of our great artist Dorri Kaviani, as well as foreign ones including ones from Royal Seleucid, the Kingdom of Clysperis and the Theocracy of Kaitaine. Some of these pieces come from the private collections of the Kadyrov and Dabiri families. I would personally like to thank both of them for making them available for your guests to see and admire. Also lady Dorri Kaviani is with us today so if you can give her a big round of applause that would be great. Thank you for coming here today, your paintings are an inspiration to us and your talent as well the message you promote gives us more reasons to be proud that were Tamorans.   

With that aside, it is an honor to introduce our first speaker His Royal Highness Prince Naser Safavid.

Spoiler:  the facilities and decorations • show

The staff were ready to receive the guests and attend to them.

Several prayer rooms were available so that guests can pray in peace. On display is the Book of Mani.

People are free to drink alcohol in the designated areas, behind the opaque glass so that minors don’t see them.

There were quite a few art prices featured at EEF for the enjoyment of the guests. Several pieces were by one of the most famous Tamoran contemporary artists Dorri Kaviani.

At least one of the pieces on display was by a Theocracy painter. The piece was bought by Musaevna Kadyrov as the Djerb religious exhibition and brought at EEF for the viewing pleasure of the attendees. 

Itinerary of the event:
1.   Risks and opportunities of investing in Midaranye.
2.   A culture of savings: the example of MidAranye.
3.   Elysium: what it is and what its potential impact is for Tamora and the whole MidAranye region.
4.   Special guests/foreign speakers.

OOC: This is where players can post speeches/lectures about economics. While the schedule has an order of topics that is only for IC reference, feel free to post anytime you want on any subject (that is related to economics in some way) . Also, unless otherwise stated, it will be assumed that your character allows for questions from the public/press.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile

Naser Safavid, Tamoran Prince and Vice-Governor of the Tamoran Central Bank

“Your Imperial Majesty, Your Royal Majesties and ladies and gentlemen, I am here to talk to you about probably the most popular country in recent months, the kingdom of Clysperis. As you perhaps are aware, the kingdom has been in isolation for years and has recently emerged with a desire not just to engage on the international stage but to do it in a way few Midaranye countries do. It has drawn attention to itself through both a criticism of the international system currently in place in Mundus and for giving strong signals that the economy is the number one priority of their domestic agenda. The leadership of Clysperis is fully committed to growing the economy fast but also sustainable in full harmony with the traditions and religion of the Clysperi people. I have personally had the pleasure of meeting Her Royal Majesty Beketaten during my time in the Kingdom of Clysperis as head of the Tamoran economic delegation. I can personally attest to the full commitment of the Clysperi sovereign to making her kingdom a place where businesses can grow and prosper in harmony with local traditions and customs as well as her incredible knowledge of international politics and economics.

But first, many of you might be wondering why invest in Clysperis in the first place. Why not choose to invest in East Moreland for example? And the reason is the great returns such an investment in the Clysperis economy can bring you. We recently had JDAC invest in Clysperis where they bought around 25 thousand acres of agricultural land. The reason? They expect the price of the agricultural land there to double in the next three to five years.  Princes for assets whether we are talking about real estate or agricultural land are incredibly low and have great potential to increase their value in the coming years.

Also, Clysperis is almost unique in the Midaranye region for its willingness to let foreigners invest in the kingdom with very few restrictions. This is in sharp contrast with the Empire of Tamora, Royal Seleucid or the kingdom of Pramoria. So Clysperis offers foreigners the chance not just to invest in Clysperis but one of the few options to invest in MidAranye and have a presence here. And since the region is home to approximately 450 million people, that is something to consider when deciding whether to invest in Clysperis or not. Now I am sure some of you are already thinking that the countries of Midaranye have no free trade agreements with each other and depending on the country tariffs can be extremely high and that is true. However, those of you well-tuned to the economic affairs of MidAranye are probably aware that the Empire of Tamora and the kingdom of Clysperis are engaged in talks to lower tariffs. Unlike in other parts of Mundus, negotiations to reduce tariffs in MidAranye are tough and there are no guarantees they will succeed but they mark the first sign that leaders of the region are considering a closer cooperation in the economic field, something that has been lacking so far. So long term investors should consider that when making plans. How much would their investment in Clysperis be worth if the Empire of Tamora and the Kingdom of Clysperis reach an agreement that will see a significant reduction in tariffs between the two? 

But lastly, I want to talk about some of the sectors that are probably going to take off in the kingdom of Northern MidAranye. I am sure many of you know already that Clysperis is a member of OPEN so nobody will be surprised that Clysperis has oil. What may not be so well known is the immense agricultural potential; a large part of the kingdom is agricultural land and it manages to achieve good crop yields despite what many would consider inadequate and obsolete equipment. Just imagine what crop yields that could be achieved with proper and up to date agricultural machinery.   

Aside from agriculture, Clysperis has an enormous potential when it comes to tourism, from cultural tourism, just think of the pyramids of Nafu, to leisure on the coast of the Gulf of Safraen. There is room for billions of dinars/usd to be invested in resorts, hotel accommodations, restaurants etc.   
I could go on but my time is almost up, so I will just mention the potential Clysperis has to become a major manufacturing center of Northern Midaranye. Clysperis has a GDP per capita of two thousand dinars, a little over fifth of that of its Western neighbor, Safraen, or less than a tenth of that of Vanora. Human capital is the most important resource a country has and Clysperis is generous enough to allow foreign investors to benefit from this capital which is very cheap by most standards.

Thank you so much for your time. “

Ayatollah Arak returned to the stage and said” I would like to thank His Royal Highness for the lecture and to also inform the public and the press that he will not be available for questions”.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Imam Ali Banki talking about the Tamoran Wealth Funds Association
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2019, 10:34:43 PM »

Imam Ali Banki, spokesperson for the Tamoran Wealth Funds Association

"Al salam aleku, brother and sisters. I am Imam Ali Banki and also the spokesman for the Tamoran Wealth Funds Association. I would like to talk to you today a little of the funds we have set aside, why we did it and some of our plans for the future.

First, some of you may have noticed that I said funds, the plural, rather than fund. Tamora doesn't have a single fund but almost three dozen each with own particularities and investment agenda. Tamora is very diverse in terms of religion, ethnicity and languages and this translates in how we see savings and their purpose.

Why did Tamora, or better said governments in Tamora decided to start such funds? Firstly, because we believe debt is something to be avoided and that it's something that enslaves you. Second, because we want to pass on to future generations some of what we earned during our lifetime and of course to have something set aside for rainy days. Mundus is unpredictable and thinking long term is key.

Now let me show you couple of graphics which give a better views of our Wealth Funds Association :

Assets of member funds, bln dinars/usd.

This is a breakdown of the assets of each of the member funds. There is little surprise that the largest funds are those of the governments of the federated kingdoms with a notable presence of the Djerb county fund which is manages take the fund of the federated kingdom of Vojvodina. I would like to note that most of the money the governments have put in these funds are from taxes rather than commodities like oil and gas. So the federated kingdoms that are blessed to have have those resources, namely West Seleucid and Attica have an advantage here because they can also set aside money from those precious commodities.

Average percentage yield by religion of the government owning it.

The second graph we see shows the performance of each fund based on their investment agenda. Now, as I said, each fund has its own particularities but we have decided to divide them by religion since in some cases the agenda of the funds are closely linked to the official religion of the said governments. Now if you're to look briefly at the graph one might be tempted to conclude that Manists and Muslims are not good with money. Now that is an oversimplification. The lower yields are explained by both religions not engaging in usury and  not investing haram activities like alcohol or gambling. But aside from that there is also a difference on the way investments are approached. Christians funds for example do not invest unless there is an expected return on their investment while the Muslim and Manist funds all invest part of their assets, though a rather small one, for the good of their communities and they build things like pedestrian bridges, statues etc. In fact the Muslim fund of Altai has set aside money for years for a future Islamic Museum of Midaranye. 

Average percentage yield by region allowed to invest in.

In the third graph we have divided the funds by the geographic area they are allowed to invest.  Some funds mandate that all investments take place in their federated kingdoms or at least the overwhelming majority while other allow investments empire wide. The local ones tend to lag behind those that investment empire wide or nationally.

I will touch a little on the fact that none of our member funds have invested abroad until recently. The Imperial fund was the first Tamoran wealth fund to announce a 1 bln dinar USD investment in Clysperis' infrastructure. Now the reasons for not investing abroad until now are many but can be perhaps summarized in two: the belief that the money saved should be used to help Tamorans and the future generations, and fear of assets seizures by foreign governments. Foreign governments have always sought any excuse to take away our money. We need only to remember their reactions when Attica was integrated into the Empire or the more recent examples of Seaforth and Rokkenjima. This prudent policy has been in place for decades so perhaps you might be wondering what changed? The emergence from isolation of some MidAranye countries like Clysperis, with whom Tamora has close relations, has given the leadership of the Imperial Fund both the confidence that Clysperis would not succumb to the level of other foreign powers and steal the money set aside by our parents and grandparents, while also becoming aware that while Tamora is not rich it is nevertheless blessed and should help those who are close and are worse off than us.

Lastly, I will also comment on the fact that a lot of foreigners interpret the lack of international cooperation in MidAranye like the reluctance to drop tariffs as hostility towards each other which can be nothing further from the truth. Tamora has a closed economy for imports not because it dislikes foreigners but because it cares deeply for those inside its borders and seeks to protect them. However, as the nations of Midaranye face challenges together and help each other like was the recent case with the RS food crisis and we begin to see we share the same threats, a certain bond and understanding is formed. We understand that we are more than just neighbors that happen to share a common region, we are relatives. And relatives help each other.

Thank you so much for your time. God bless you all!"

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Fixing a blunder
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2019, 10:23:31 PM »

“There has been a slight problem” said Ayatollah and Professor Azad Arak

After the speaker was done, the host for the night, Ayatollah and Professor Azad Arak, went back on stage and addressed the attendees:

“Ladies and gentlemen, there has been a slight problem. Some of you have asked me where the paints from Royal Seleucid and the kingdom of Clysperis are. I have checked and it seems there was an issue with their delivery, something about the foreign delivery company using a different calendar than ours. “

Spoiler:  the RS and Clysperi paintings • show

The Jewel of the Desert festival.

Hathar and Horus of Clysperis.

“So behind you now are the two great paintings that are on loan especially for this event.
First, an old painting dating back centuries of the Jewel of the Desert festival. I have a saying, if you haven’t been to the  Jewel of the Desert festival at least once in your life then you’re not for MidAranye. And if you haven’t heard of it then you’re not for Mundus.
The second, an ancient, perfectly preserved papyrus painting from the tomb of Nefertari depicting two figures in the Clysperi pantheon Hathar and Horus.
I would like to thank again the museums from Royal Seleucid and the Kingdom Clysperis for loaning them for our viewing pleasure and we will now be returning to the regular schedule.

Thank you.”

ooc: Thanks to Dave and Beatrice for proving the pictures.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Gholam Dabiri on food security in MidAranye
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2019, 01:49:06 PM »

Gholam Dabiri is the second richest businessman in Tamora and owner of the largest Tamoran agricultural conglomerate.

“Al salam aleku. I will get straight to the point. Some of you may know me, for those that don’t I am Gholam Dabiri and I do agribusiness. I’ve been doing this for forty years so I have an idea about the agriculture. Now the previous speakers and no doubt the ones that will follow will talk about advanced stuff like fancy currencies and billions set aside. I am here to tell you that all that is meaningless without food security. At the beginning of this year, we have all witnessed how a locust swarm devastated the agricultural sector in Royal Seleucid and led to a food crisis like MidAranaye has never seen in recent decades. Nobles and even kings were shocked to see that how borders could not be respected, the population could not be kept in line and how law and order simply evaporated leaving room for chaos and anarchy to emerge. Let me make this perfectly clear, without food security a country is brought to its knees in a matter of weeks. A hungry population does not care for loyalty or laws, for customs and traditions and instead returns to the basic instinct for survival. A hungry military not only cannot defend the country but will not fight for a king that cannot feed them so the money spent on expensive equipment is pointless if you have no food. The generally good understanding that existents between the religious group of a country can quickly turn to division as we have seen the case with the Cultists that were hoarding food for their religious holiday. 

Some of you may be wondering why I am telling you this since the events of the Seleucid food crisis happened only a few months ago. I am telling you this because at least in Tamora there is little to no desire to do something so that next time this will happen, we will be better prepared. Whenever I go to various nobles in charge there is this impression that the crisis in over and are somewhat annoyed that I bothering them with this. It is for this reason that I use this platform to address directly the crowned heads of kingdoms in the room and other nobles with powers to decide to tell you all that you are wrong. We need to prepare for this so as not to end up again in the situation where foreigners are bringing food to us. I don’t even want to think want will happen if foreign governments, which are not friendly to our region, are slow to react in the event of a future crisis.

So my suggestions to you all is to shift your priorities to food security, where the national laws permit give subsidies for construction of silos and tax exempt them once they are built. Embrace genetically modified food, it’s the future. Invest in satellites that can monitor the conditions and factors that will lead to the creations of locust swarms. Change the laws like the ones we have in the federated kingdom of Akkar that handicaps the agricultural sector by forcing farms to have no more than 370 acres (150 ha) of land. And generally be more accepting of pesticides. To those of you in this room that have done something for food security I commend you, to those that didn’t I will remind them that God's patience will not last forever. He has helped us this year and He might not help us again next time.

Thank you and may God protect you!”

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Imam Halami of Khayami’s investment experience in Zimalia
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2019, 11:01:52 PM »

Imam Halami, marketing director Khayami Cars, the largest car manufacturer in Tamora( sells low end cars).

“Al salam aleku, brothers and sisters. I am Imam Halami, marketing director Khayami Cars, the largest Tamoran car manufacturer in Tamora. For those of you that are not from Tamora I will forgive you for not knowing what cars we manufacture. Our most popular model is the Dena, what I would describe as a no thrills car that is sold at a more than reasonable price. Here are some pictures from the launch we did last year.

The new model was well received by Tamorans.

Tens of thousands of Tamorans work in Khayami Cars' factories.

Now I won’t bore you by going into details about ancient history. What I will say is that our company has been struggling for years so last year when Paracambi embargoed Tamora followed shortly after by Lodja those sanctions greatly affected the company. Literally overnight we lost around 10% of the market, had to return thousands of down payments, lost millions of dinars/usd that we invested over the years in dealerships in those two countries and many more problems. For a business that was in a better shape that might not have been such a big hit but for us it was a huge one. Luckily for us that we had just launched the new Dena and that sold well enough on the Tamoran market so that we could break-even.

Now fast forward 6 months, Tamora enters the recession and sales prospects are not looking good but there is hope, Zimalia was bucking the trend and cutting tariffs and increasing quotas allowed for Tamoran goods. I will oversimplify things and say the way we saw things then was: the domestic market looked to be shrinking, we have no idea how long the recession in Tamora will last, Zimalia was opening up to Tamoran goods by cutting tariffs and they do that just for us as it was not part of a whole reduction in tariffs for everyone. Also Zimalia is not exactly a rich country so customers are not overly demanding so they would appreciate an affordable car and, their government was sensible enough to not impose environmental regulations that would kill our ability to sell there. All looked good for our point of view. So we decided to invest in Zimalia, found local partners to open some dealerships in the Zimalian capital, we did a small event announcing it. How do you think the sales went after a couple of months?

Let’s just say that we initially expected sales averaging around a thousand cars per month. You know how many we actually sold? About 150 per month. And most of them to government institutions and not companies or individuals. Abysmal would not begin to describe the sales numbers we got. So of course we were puzzled by this and wanted to know why the car was performing so poorly there. So we talked to our partners on the ground there and they all told us the same thing:

Customers were asking why should they pay 10.000 dinars/usd for a Dena when with that same money they could buy a ten year used premium car from East Moreland?

In Tamora we are protected by tariffs and thank God for that, in Zimalia we found out that we had to compete not just with other manufacturers but also second hand cars so having lower tarrifs helped us with other manufactures but not when it came to competing against used cars. By now you are probably thinking that if the story would have ended here then I wouldn’t have come to give a speech here. And you’re right. We initially wanted to pull out of Zimalia and cut our losses but our local partners insisted we stay but change our business model to something we frankly considered crazy. They suggested we import used cars in large numbers, in the hundreds, from Vaguzia and East Moreland and resell it in Zimalia. Now a regular manufacturer would be crazy to do that for many reasons but we weren’t in a position to be very picky and we went along with it. It turns out that it was a good choice, our dealerships are making decent money from reselling used cars but the bulk of their money comes from servicing the cars since they are all around ten year old if not more so they tend to have some issues even if they are in good condition. Right now we are selling almost a thousand used cars per month and combined with the 150 new Dena, we are doing okay and have reason to consider expanding our business to at least one other Zimalian city by the end of the year.

In conclusion, I would like to both promote Zimalia as a great opportunity for Tamoran businesses and not only but to also warn potential investors that while Zimalia may on paper seem to have a lot in common with Tamora, that’s far from the case on the ground. It’s a totally different market and you have to adapt quickly if you are to survive there.

Thank you, God bless Tamora, God bless you all! “

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Taking a short break for prayer
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2019, 11:21:38 PM »

Ayatollah and Professor Azad Arak announcing an one hour break for prayer.

After the speaker was done, the host for the day, Ayatollah and Professor Azad Arak, went back on stage and addressed the attendees:

“Ladies and gentlemen, for those of us that follow the word of the Prophet it will soon be time to begin praying. The prayer rooms are ready to receive you. All are of course welcomed to participate. For those that for whatever reason do not want to take part we have the beautiful art collection for you to enjoy while we take the break. As an alternative, in the next room we have a little surprise for you. We have invited the Attican Philharmonic Orchestra, the Akkar Choir as well as our beloved Niaz Nawab, also from the kingdom of Akkar. They will be performing for about an hour giving us the time to pray in peace and after that we will resume our regular schedule.

Thank you so much, I will be in prayer room six if you have any urgent business.”

Niaz Nawab performing at the Elysium Economic Forum

Ooc: feel free to post if you want to. This was just mean to help create a better feel of the event.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile

Professor Hamid Dhali explaining why a Kaitaine ruled by the Theocracy would be in the best economic interest of all parties

"I am Hamid Dhali and I am professor of international relations at Akkar Royal University in the Empire of Tamora. The subject I am going to talk to you about is controversial and please allow me to make a couple of clarifications.  The recognition of the Theocracy as a sovereign state has multiple implications in relation to international law, foreign affairs, ethnics among others. My speech will not address any of those and is in no way meant to ignore those issues or consider them irrelevant. They are simply not the topic of the speech.

With that being said, let’s start with the present situation when it comes to economics. In Soviet Kaitaine all business are owned by the government. It is a planned economy where nothing happens when it comes to economics without the government planning it or better said planning it poorly. I say this because Soviet economy is struggling for decades and there are no signs of improvement. One of the few bright spots on their economic landscape is their impressive military sector, which has notable achievements but even there are clear sings that they cannot keep up when and their equipment is increasingly become obsolete. The other large industrial sector is heavy industry which, much like their military sector, is largely obsolete, inefficient and extremely polluting. Furthermore, there is no foreign investment; regular citizens cannot open a business and the economy is practically closed for international trade and instead relies mostly on a barter system with its neighboring Rodina. 

Now the question is, will a Kaitaine that is under the full control of the Theocracy be any different in terms of economics? That is something that few people have spent time asking and there is not much material to go around. We do have the leaflets that the Theocracy spread during the Mundus games of last year in Kaitaine. It’s a shame that not more academics spent time analyzing them because it shows an interest in the economic future of the Kaitaine.  The first point on the leaflet is, and I quote:

A complete dismantlement of the Communist system in favor of communal entrepreneurship.

This shows the high emphasis the Theocracy has put in abolishing the current communist system of Kaitaine. I you are like me you are probably wondering what communal entrepreneurship means. If you don’t then congratulations. I admit that I had no idea and had to ask the Mr. Yann Bryant, the recently appointed minister of finance of the Theocracy.  He replied and basically said that communal entrepreneurship is a partnership between government and the private sector with the former offering capital in exchange of a stake in the company. Moving on, point six of the leaflet says:

The opening of Kaitaine to international trade. 

This is perhaps the aspect that should interest Mundus nations the most. The Theocracy plans on opening the country to international trade and thus inserting the country in the great international trade network. And since Kaitaine is a country with direct access to the Karifan Ocean, that could have a major positive impact for international trade.
In conclusion, speaking strictly from an economic perspective, there are substantial elements that indicate that a Kaitaine run by the Theocracy would greatly improve the standard of living of the citizens in that country and also benefit, to a much lesser extant of course, the whole Mundus economy.

Thank you. "

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Leila Radan from SafeWeb speaking about A Safe Web Experience
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2019, 06:50:22 PM »
A Safe Web Experience

Leila Radan is the general manager of the Attican(Tamora) based SafeWeb business

“Your Imperial Majesty, Your Royal Majesties and ladies and gentlemen, I represent SafeWeb a business that has been operating in Tamora for over ten years. Our stated mission is to provide internet and media users with a safe experience, one that does not go against the religious convictions of the user. Our business covers two main areas; we have SafeVid that offers its partners: cinemas from around the Empire, foreign videos that are cleaned of the immoral and controversial aspects. The foreign film industry offers great movies but at the same time they also often feature deeply disturbing content from gratuitous sex scenes to nudity and extreme profanity. We clean movies of these unnecessary parts and thus cinema viewers can enjoy foreign movies without those parts. We also offer a similar service directly to users through our streaming service. 

The second area we are focus on is surfing the web, and we have an internet browser called SafeWeb that provides users an experience according to their religious beliefs. We warn users when a site might contain inappropriate material, we filter out pork and alcohol related businesses and provide alerts at the appropriate prayer time. We first launched the SafeWeb browser with the Manist community in mind but after its warm reception a lot of people from the major religions of Tamora asked as to do a version from them. So in 2016 we released a version that is Sharia compliant and that also offers among other features a compass that points to Mecca, a year later we also released one for Anahitaism and Christianity. The app is of course available to download by anyone so an Anahitaist user from Royal Seleucid as well as a Muslim user from Clysperis or a Manist one from Pramoria can all use the app.   

Part of the success we had in Tamora can be explained by the excellent collaboration we have with schools across the empire. In Tamora the overwhelming majority of schools are funded, owned and operated by religious institutions and we were pleased to see schools quickly adopting it and thus protecting their students. Now we want to take that experience in other countries of the MidAranye region and work with schools there in the hope we can reach an agreement with them.

In the end I just want to say that, in our opinion, it is the best interest of governments of the MidAranye region to promote applications like ours because they help protect their population from the dangerous activities being promoted across the web. We all know how important the internet is and how it connects us, therefore it is important that governments do their best that this interconnection is done in a manner that is not harmful to the users. A user shouldn’t be forced to watch inappropriate content just because he wants to find some information online.   

I am Leila Radan, general manager SafeWeb, and I thank you for your attention. “

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Tania Tankian speaking about the VIDA Triangle Region of MidAranye
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2019, 09:21:41 AM »
The VIDA Triangle Region of MidAranye

Tania Tankian, the Minister of Transportation of the federated Kingdom of Attica, speaking about the ponteital and future of VIDA

“Your Imperial Majesty, Your Royal Majesties and ladies and gentlemen, my name is Tania Tankian and I am minister of transportation in the cabinet of the federated kingdom of Attica. There has been a lot talk of about the MidAranye region at this Economic Forum but also in international news. Midaranye is an important region of Mundus for various reasons, ranging from the economic:  it is a region of almost half a billion people that has a lot room to grow in terms of GDP and is rich in natural resources, to religious:  it is home to the holiest sites of several Mundus religions, to political ones: the founding members of OPEN are both MidAranye countries. But Midaranye is vast region and outsiders often assume that Djerb, Ipsus and other capitals are the only cities that matter in MidAranye. That cannot be further from the truth. While Djerb is the largest Tamoran city at 9.5 million inhabitants and is the imperial capital of Tamora, approximately two thousand miles south is a less known region that carries more economic clout. Let me present you the VIDA triangle region as we call it but it also has many other names, which is delimited by four large cities in Southern Midaranye.

Volos 6 million (federated kingdom West Seleucid, Empire of Tamora)
Ipsus 4 milion (Emirate of Royal Seleucid)
Damarga 4 million (Kingdom of Pramoria)
Alaverdi  5 million ( federated kingdom of Attica, Empire of Tamora)

How important is this region? The two Tamoran cities that are part of VIDA are both regional capitals, and are in charge of most of the natural resources of Tamora. Outside of West Seleucid and Attica there is almost no oil and gas in Tamora and very little minerals. It is also in these two cities,that are often competing against each other, that almost of all of Tamoran financial institutions that charge interest have their headquarters so it comes as little surprise that the two own more than a third of Tamora’s sovereign wealth fund assets. Furthermore, these two cities are the gateway to the Tamoran Empire as they are by far the most open in doing business with foreigners. In Royal Seleucid we have Ipsus, a large port, the economic powerhouse of the RS economy, the site of the Anahita Shrine, the holiest site for the Anahitaist faith, and while it is the smallest of the four in terms of population is by far the richest in terms of GDP per capita. Also, Ipsus is also home to OPEN and is the capital of RS making it a city of international importance. The last major city on the list is Damarga which is the capital and largest city of Pramoria, a country that has recently emerged from isolation and the importance of the city will likely grow in the coming years. These four cities alone have a combined population of approximately 20 million but there are another approx. 30 million between these four cities, giving VIDA a GDP of approximately 1.2 trillion dinars (USD). Furthermore, the cooperation within the region is helped by the fact that many of its approx. 50 million people speak Parthian, Seleucid or both.

How influential is VIDA when it comes to Midaranye affairs?  One needs only to look to HM King Heydar announcement about the location of the Giga factory which will be built on the Royal Seleucid(RS)- Tamoran border. RS shares a border with three Tamoran kingdoms: West Seleucid,  Akkar and Vojvodina yet it is almost certain that the factory will be built on the West Seleucid part of the border and thus it will be close to Volos. Those watching closely the affairs of MidAranye know that HM King Heydar and his soon to be wife Haniyah are now also duke and a duchess of the new created dukedom of South Markazi which is just south of Volos. In fact HM King Heydar has had his betrothal ceremony in South Markazi.

But VIDA is important not just from an economic point of view, the region also comprises a large part of the Celtic protectorate in RS. Furthermore, the region will likely grow in importance as Elysium develops and expands more, connecting VIDA to international flows of capital and HM King Heydar has announced that he will be constructing in South Markazi (south of Volos) the Haniyah Temple. A large Anahistaist temple that will make the VIDA even more important in terms of religion.

However, while VIDA is a vital part of Midaranye, the local and regional governments there need to cooperate more in order to achieve its full potential. In our opinion they need to work together in order to better coordinate infrastructure projects especially cross border ones. While of course, local and regional authorities have to respect the national laws of their respective countries, they can still use the powers they retained to ensure a more coordinate effort in terms of infrastructure at least. On our part, as minister of transportation for Attica, I have begun exploratory talks with my counterpart the Kingdom of Pramoria to see how we can improve the road connection between Alaverdi and Damarga and I believe authorities in West Seleucid are doing the same with those in RS, to better connect Volos to Ipsus. VIDA has a lot of potential but it also has a lot of competition, from Djerb metropolitan area to North in Clysperis which is aiming to rapidly develop since they emerged from isolation. If VIDA is to consolidate its status within MidAranye then in my opinion regional and local governments should aim cooperate in order to create better conditations so that VIDA will continue to thrive.   

Thank your for your time.“ 

Offline Pramoria

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Pramoria
Re: Elysium Economic Forum(EEF) - the Auditorium (speakers section)
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2019, 06:40:59 PM »
Pramoria's investment in the Future

Shirin Bina the Pramorian Minister of Demographic Growth

“Your Imperial Majesty, Your Royal Majesties and ladies and gentlemen, I am Shirin Bina the Pramorian Minister of Demographic Growth and I am here to talk to you about probably the most important subject for all of us, the future: our children! And how we can work together to ensure the existence of this future.

Constantly promoting the family  to fulfill their purpose has been in Pramoria our number one priority, making us one of the best in demographic growth in MidAranye over the last decades.
With our numerous childcare programs we support the mothers and that is because we believe in their power, -the power in them sent by our Holy Mother .

While liberal countries speak of discrimination of women, in Pramoria we speak of their protection at the workplace and at home.  We offer them 3 years of maternity leave, family tax benefits for working families who have 3 or more children and family benefits for childcare are just a few implemented projects we are proud with and our women benefit .

These are, for sure, investments that bring us not only benefits in assuring a happy and stable family life, now, for our people but also benefits  consisting in a future in taking further our traditions and Manist beliefs, continued economic growth and prosperity. After all a growing population means a stronger economy and a stronger kingdom.
The family should definitely be now and always a priority and we use all means to promote it. On the screen you can see fragments of publicity we now promote in kindergardens, schools  and workplaces. Also we celebrate two national days for The Family .

And we are already benefiting from it already. Following our decades of investment in keeping our children healthy through sport programs we have again succeeded so much in the ongoing Mundus Games held in New Derumsia. I would like to say in the name of all Pramoria and the Queen herself, we are so proud of all our children and we will continue the investment in their future. (applause)

May the spirit of Holy Alya be with all of us!"

« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 04:08:07 PM by Pramoria »

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Prince Naser making a surprise announcement
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2019, 08:18:15 PM »
Prince Naser making a surprise announcement

Naser Safavid, Tamoran Prince and Vice-Governor of the Tamoran Central Bank

“Your Imperial Majesty, Your Royal Majesties and ladies and gentlemen, I take the floor again but this time not to give a lecture but to make a surprise announcement. As I said in the beginning of my speech the kingdom of Clysperis is fully committed to growing its economy and competing with the most developed countries of Mundus. Her Royal Majesty Pharaoh Beketaten-Hesy-Re has given me the opportunity of seeing HRM’s vision for the future of Clysperis, it is a vision both bold and inspiring. It is also one that that I am happy to say the Tamoran government supports including financially. I hope I have raised your curiosity so I won’t keep you waiting.

(As he said that the lights begin to slowly dim until almost complete darkness fills the auditorium. As Prince Naser resumes speaking a large holographic projection of a city appears.)

A holographic projection of Setri, Clysperis.

“Ladies and gentlemen, this is Setri, the city of dreams. When completed it will be the most modern city in MidAranye and perhaps in the whole of Mundus. It will house approx.2 mil people, cost an impressive 10 bln dinars (usd), take approx. five years to complete and it will change the landscape of MidArayne as there will be no other city in Northern MidAranye that will be able to match it.
I will now give the floor to the Sovereign of Sovereigns, Her Royal Majesty Pharaoh Beketaten-Hesy-Re who will provide more details about the investment in this great new city, as well as opportunities for those interested.

Thank you. Your Royal Majesty you have the floor.”    

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
Re: Elysium Economic Forum(EEF) - the Auditorium (speakers section)
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2019, 04:47:36 PM »

"Your Imperial Highness, thank you," Beketaten says with a respectful bow.

"Centuries ago my People built massive constructs which have withstood the tests of time, those being the Pyramids in Abydos and Clysperis. Engineering has long been a craft of my People, and today, this generation undertakes its monument unto the ages, combining our ancient skills and crafts and bringing into fruition a truly international city which shall soar above the economic capitals of Rokkenjima, East Moreland, Ui Cennselaig and Achkaerin. Setri, now and upon completion, will compete and offer many benefits for those who wish to invest and do business with this project, from its inception throughout its completion and beyond."

"Setri shall become the new financial capital of Clysperis and is being designed to support a population of upwards of seven million people. It shall be comprised of twenty one residential districts, twenty five dedicated districts, with a downtown skyline dominated by skyscrapers. At its heart shall be a 1,700 acre park with two new lakes, open to the People for their recreation and enjoyment. These assets will be joined by the Clysperi International Stock Exchange (CISE), itself forming the heart of the Clysperi Special Economic Zone (CSEZ) which shall also host a technology and innovation park. Ninety square miles of solar energy farms shall provide energy for Setri, while also exploiting tidal energy from the Gulf of Safraen which the city shall sit upon."

"Setri shall also boast upwards of 40,000 hotel rooms, ample medical facilities such as hospitals and clinics, world class educational institutes, a district for nations who may wish to locate their embassies and consulates within Clysperis aside from the existing district in Khemnen, as well as a new international airport to serve the expected traffic and needs of Setri and our international partners. Links to Khemnen shall be provided by a high-speed railway which will enable efficient and time-effective access between Setri and the Clysperi Capital."

"A new Temple for the Congregation, the largest Manist Temple outside of the Tamoran Empire, and a mosque: these three constructs represent the majority faiths of the Kingdom of Clysperis, and shall share the Temple District, itself a monument to the harmony our Peoples have worked so hard to achieve. Although we pray to different gods and say different prayers we have long recognized our mutual sense of duty and reverence to the teachings of our respective faiths, coming together at times of national crisis as one Clysperis."

"We can speak of the facilities Setri shall boast all day, however, Setri is to be an economic, world-class city, thus I am certain you are eager to hear of the details which shall entail the Clysperi Special Economic Zone. If you would direct your attention to the screen behind me, we'll go through them."

• A flat rate of 5% income tax on net profit.
  • Exemption from annual land and building taxes on utilized property
  • Exemption from taxes on distributed dividends and profits
  • Duty-free import of goods in commercial quantities via registration with the Royal Trade Authority
  • No foreign equity restrictions on investments
  • No foreign currency restrictions
  • Full repatriation of profits and capital
  • No restrictions upon foreign ownership
  • Availability of land for lease or sale
  • Full guarantees on rights and ownership
  • Upwards of 70% foreign labour

"The Clysperi Mercantile Registry, which shall be fully open to foreign vessels, shall offer further advantages to nations engaging in business with the Kingdom. Ample port facilities, backed by transportation infrastructure on the ground, will enable Setri to become a preferred port in the Gulf of Safraen, and a centre of international trade throughout Midaranye. Foreign investment in this project is not only an investment in Clysperis, but an investment which will return yields and enable new economic opportunities for both Clysperis and our partners."

"Furthermore, the Kingdom of Clysperis, taking full note of the agreement with the Empire of Tamora, will be issuing work permits for Tamoran citizens toward the construction of Setri. Following completion of the city they shall be entitled to take up residency within Setri without concern for special visas or other such arrangements. This project is a massive undertaking, but one which the Clysperi nation is fully capable of realizing as evidenced by the constructs of our ancestors, the sheer determination of our People, and our forward-looking vision. I thank you all for your time, and hope that we shall be able to work together as partners in this City of Dreams."

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Thanking Pharaoh Bektaten for her speech
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2019, 06:17:05 PM »

Ayatollah and Professor Azad Arak thanked Pharaoh Bektaten for her speech

After Pharaoh Bektaten finished her speech the Tamoran Imperial family that was attendance started applauding and that was immediately followed by the substantial Tamoran delegation so that almost all in attendance were applauding the Pharaoh. After she resumed her seat, Ayatollah Azad Arak returned to the stage and said:

“I would like to thank Sovereign of Sovereigns, Divine of Appearance, Beloved of Amun, Chosen of Ra, Lord of the Three Lands, High Priest of Every Temple, The Living Horus, Beketaten-Hesy-Re for her surprise announcement and the fact that she has chosen to personally present the project at our Economic Forum. But above all I would like to thank Her Royal Majesty for the care she took in giving a proper role to the major religions of Clysperis in the new city. It is gestures like these that explain why Her Royal Majesty enjoys such a high popularity not only within the borders of her kingdom but in Tamora and other MidAranye countries as well.

I would like to add that in next room we have prepared a model of the city so that you can have a better image of how this ambitious project will look like when completed.

We will not be returning to our regular schedule so to say."

A model of Setri, the City of Dreams

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile

Professor Saman Aslani  explaining why the sanctions against Tamora hurt all MidAranye countries

Before I begin talking about Abuqiya, I think it’s important that I present to you briefly the MidAranye region in terms in economics so that we can then understand better how Abuqiya fits in. Now, of course there is not a precise definition of what Midarayne region is especially when some people refer to just the geographical region while other refer to the more specific geo-political region. As far as I am concerned I included what I believe is the largest interpretation of the region through I know some also like to include Tauradelia in this too.

As you can see from the graphs, the Midaranye region is roughly half a billion people with about 7.3 bln dinars (usd) in GDP spread among 10 sovereign countries. To give you an idea how much that is I will add that Rokkenjima, that we hear so much about, has a GDP of 9.3 trillion. Abuqiya has approx. 5% of the population and 4% of the GDP of the entire MidAranye.

Abuqiya has struggled for years to improve its economy beyond that of a developing nation. Also, as a landlocked country it is dependent on its neighbors for trade. The sanctions that the international community placed against Tamora and Slava affect its economy. The recession that Tamora has been experiencing also affected them and since Tamora is the largest economy of Midanraye and a neighbor of Abuqiya that did not leave them unaffected. Poorer economic conditions in Tamora mean less trade with Abuqiya, less investment opportunities and less tourism. And as more and more sanctions pile up the prospects for a recovery seem dim. The government of Abuqiya has tried to grow the domestic market in an attempt to ameliorate the effects of the sanctions but it is not clear yet how successful these measure are. Still with such effects on its economy it is perhaps understandable why the PM of Abuqiya often criticizes the current international order. After all, Abuqiya is also indirectly paying the price of these sanctions despite the fact that it has done nothing wrong even by the standards of those that impose those sanctions.

Abuqiya has spent a long time in isolation but it has emerged recently and it shows, like a good part of the MidAranye region, that it is not happy with the current international order of Mundus, that it is unhappy with the sanctions and doesn’t look like it is interested to bend the knee and begin singing the dozens of international treaties out there that seek to level countries to one standard.

I think Abuqiya is a classic example that shows that the international sanctions against Tamora might be backfiring. They were meant to isolate Tamora, to put it into a corner and then have us sue for terms. What the international order did not expect was so much resilience on the Tamoran side and for the sanctions to be in place for so long. With each passing month and year while the sanctions affect the Tamoran economy they also affect its neighbors, while it affects the Tamoran population pushing more people into slavery it also affects the neighboring nations and that forces countries to come out of isolation and challenge the international order. 

A lot of people see MidAranye with different lenses, some dislike out traditional way of doing things, other dislike the modestly displayed in public while other judge us as by standards alien to us. I however, see MidAranye differently, I see it as a region where nations that are not well off (I mean Tamora and Abuqiya have a GDP per capita less than a quarter of  East Moreland and a fifth of that of Rokkenjima) challenge the current international system. All the major international players of Mundus: East Moreland, Rokkenjima, Achkaerin, Bakkermaya, Lodja, Seaforth are either rich or very rich. It is in MidAranye and in MidAranye only where less off nations get to say “Enough is enough, we don’t care how you do it outside."

Thank you.”

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Thanasis Polakis talking about the Haghighi Dam in Zimalia
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2019, 08:22:24 AM »
Haghighi Dam in Zimalia

Thanasis Polakis, the VP of OPEN and owner of Polakis Energy, talking about the Haghighi Dam 

"Ladies and gentlemen, I am pleased to have the opportunity this evening to talk about one of my favorite projects, the Haghighi Dam that we are currently building in Zimalia. Zimalia is a country that in many ways could be said that it has been overlooked by foreign investments and in my view that is an opportunity for those looking to invest there. The Haghighi dam is one such example. The massive 5 billion dinar(usd) investment is both a job creator for the local economy since as we speak thousands of workers are on site building it but also once completed it will change the local economy as it will be providing cheap and clean energy for the region as well as massively improve the agricultural output of the region. In fact many have begun to look for agricultural land in the region knowing that the new dam will be a boon for agricultural output because of the irrigation the dam will provide.

However, aside from investment potential there is also a social component to the project. Zimalia has rural regions where poverty is widespread and a 5 bln investment means a great deal for the region and in some cases it will give families the chance to escape poverty. Already, working with the Zimalian Union of Labour we have given compensation to locals whose land will be used by the dam and its basin. I would like to take the opportunity to thank the Zimalian Union of Labour for their expertise, the excellent collaboration and the effort they put in.

We are currently 60% percent funded. We had a good start in our campaign to raise funds but afterwards the interest shown by investors has been limited. This is one of the reasons why I chose to speak here about the project. Furthermore, initially some potential investors have raised concerns that the project was too ambitious that it will not be completed; I can now safely say that the project is going strong and aside from funding issues the project will be completed.

Lastly, I want to touch briefly on our plans following the project 's completion. Now obviously having cheap and reliable energy is critical for the development of the region but it's not enough. We will seek to work with the Zimalian authorities to improve the infrastructure there in order to create the conditions that will allow Tamoran and hopefully Midaranye businesses to flourish in the region. Zimalia is located on a rich continent and using its cheap labor will allow businesses to produce consumer goods that will be exported throughout the AK continent and beyond.

Thank you for your time.”

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Seta Tankian Speaking about Religious tourism in MidAranye
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2019, 09:17:33 PM »
Religious tourism in MidAranye

Seta Tankian, general manager of St Gregory travel agency from Attica(Tamora), speaking about religious tourism in MidAranye 

“Your Imperial Majesty, Your Royal Majesties and ladies and gentlemen, I am the general manager of St Gregory travel agency and I am here to talk to you about a sector that is perhaps overlooked: religious tourism. It is overlooked not because it is small or not growing but because those that take part in such activities tend to be more discrete about it. You don’t raise as much buzz with a pilgrimage to Mausoleum of Alya as you would do with going to a Lodjan resort. 

According to some sources, more than 200 million people go on pilgrimages each year alone and bring in between 100-300 bln dinars/USD in revenue each year. So as you can see these numbers aren’t exactly small. Now MidAranye is fortunate to have some of the most important religious sites in Mundus. I think everyone knows about Jerusalem which is so important for many of the monotheistic faiths of Mundus; however I would also like to present some of the others that MidAranye is blessed to have. All of them have millions of pilgrims each year. I have placed them in no particular order. This is not a “top” best religious sites, these are places which are considered holy by their believers and such approaches of the subject in terms “top” is not respectful or appropriate:

Imam Ali Mosque in the federated kingdom of Altai, Empire of Tamora. It is one of the most important holy sites for the Islamic faith after the ones in Abydos. There are approx. 50 million Muslims in MidAranye alone and approx. 80 % of them are in Tamora. There are however large Muslims communities in Abydos, Zimalia, Noobia, Phuebra and New Derusmia and pilgrims from these countries and others also come and visit this religious site.

Anahita Shrine in Ipsus, the Emirate of Royal Seleucid. It is the most important holy site of the Anahitaist faith. A faith that is the second most numerous one in MidAranye and numbering almost 90 million believers. The number of faithful outside of MidAranye is not known exactly but is quite small.

Khemnen Palace, in the Kingdom of Clysperis. It is the most important holy site of Kemetic Orthodoxy, one of the most ancient faiths of Mundus and numbering approx. 30 mil adherents in MidAranye alone. While there are communities outside MidAranye, the exact number is not known but is rather small.

Mausoleum of Alya Safavid, Mother of the Nation in the Imperial Enclave, Empire of Tamora. It is the most important religious site for the Manist faith, which is the most numerous faith in MidAranye numbering 150 million believers. Manism also has a small presence outside MidAranye in Vaguzia, Quintelia, Phuebra and others, numbering some 15 million people.

But religious tourism is not important just for the spiritual and the monetary sides but also because it helps promote a truthful image of the MidAranye region. These religious sites bring in millions of people to MidAranye and the pilgrims are perhaps the best ambassadors for the host countries and the region as a whole.

But while I talked extensively about pilgrimages I have to also mention briefly another important part of religious tourism: religious cruising which although a niche is becoming increasingly popular among many religious like Islam, Christianity, Manism, Judaism and others.

Examples of rules in a Manist religious voyage

All our studies say that religious tourism in MidAranye is likely to continue to increase in the future and let me present the main arguments for that assessment. First, Mundus is religious and recent trends show that nothing is changing in that regard, so pilgrims from outside MidAranye are likely to continue to come. Second, a large part of the Muslim and Manist believers outside of MidArnaye are in countries that are developing: Zimalia, Phuebra, Noobia. As people in these countries will see their standard of living increase, more of them will be able to afford a pilgrimage to MidAranye. Thirdly, new religious sites have appeared and more are planned. The Royal family of the Emirate of Royal Seleucid has announced that they will build a new major Anahistaist temple near Volos in Tamora. Furthermore, there is already under construction a 557 feet Anahitaist temple, probably the largest in Mundus. These temples will help increase religious tourism.

In the case of the Manist faith, the tragic incidents that lead to the death Dilara as well as the fact that the Church of Mani has raised her to the status of martyr, has transformed the Mausoleum of Martyrs in Djerb in a major pilgrimage site for Tamorans. And perhaps surprisingly, many of those going in pilgrimage there are not of the Manist faith as I can personally attest from organizing many pilgrimages for our customers.

Mausoleum of Martyrs in Djerb, Imperial Enclave, Empire of Tamora

In conclusion, I believe that religious tourism is a great opportunity for the region that brings in economic benefits and atracts people that appreciate the immense cultural and religious heritage of MidAranye.  It is for this reason that I ask the sovereigns and the people with power present here today to consider facilitating as much as possible the issuing of visas for tourism.

Thank you so much.”

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Calbod Machal announcing the Machal Mining IPO
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2019, 05:01:25 PM »
Announcing the Machal Mining IPO

Calbod Machal, owner of Machal Mining, talking about the planned IPO (initial public offer) on the Elysium Stock exchange   

Ladies and gentlemen, my name is Calbod Machal and I am the owner of Machal Mining, the largest mining company in Tamora. For most our company's history we have focused our operations in the Imperial Enclave of Tamora. We have sought modest but safe growth choosing to avoid taking unnecessary risks. The Tamoran mining sector is competitive as it is, with more than a hundred businesses competing in the six kingdoms.

This however changed a year ago when an opportunity opened up to acquire a mining license to operate in Zimalia. That proved to be a great move for our company as the mining exploitations there proved to be much more profitable on average than the ones in Tamora because the Zimalian deposts are incdeed much richesr than Tamora’s. I would even argue that there are very few deposits in the whole of MidArnayre that can compare to Zimalia.

Operating the mines there  also meant investments for us in equipment and personnel training among other. We invested approximately 100 million dinars/USD in the last 12 months. Now we are glad to say we have won another mining license which should double our operations in the country. We are slowly growing in the Zimalian sector and we aim to become the largest mining company operating there. 

And here is where Elysium comes in for us. Since the new mining operation requires another 100 million dinars in investments and we would rather not go to the banks, we have decided to incorporate in Elysium the operations aboard which evaluated at approximately 500 million dinars/usd. We want to separate our core business, the one in Tamora, from the one aboard. Machal Mining International will own our assets aboard and operate as an Elysium based company.

Once we will complete that process we want to go public and list Machal Mining International on the Elysium stock exchange. We plan to issue one new share for each two already existing and thus attract 250 million dinars/usd. That would see our ownership diluted to 66 percent but 66% out of a larger pie.

The 250 million dinars will allow us invest the 100 million in the recently acquired mines in Zimalia as I previously mentioned and the rest will give us a buffer for unplanned events and also allow us to consider further expansion if other opportunities arise. Zimalia has much to offer and the authorities are receptive to long term cooperation. We have a great reletionship with the Zimalian Union of Labour, which is a key partner of us in Zimalia. All that gives us hope that in time, we could win another license.

In the coming months we will complete the incorporation process in Elysium and submit our request to go public on the Elysium stock exchange. If approved, we hope to become the first Tamoran businesses to have a subsidiary listed on a stock exchange. So please, keep watching us as we will be providing further information in the coming weeks and if the information you find convinces I hope you will consider becoming a shareholder in Machal Mining International 

Thank you so much for your time.”

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Aida Avaliani talking about Tamora's experience with crypo currencies
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2019, 07:05:29 AM »
Tamora's experience with crypo currencies

Aida Avaliani, CEO of Catholic Credit Union, 3rd largest Bank in the federated kingdom Attica, Tamora.   

"Ladies and gentlemen, as CEO of the Catholic Credit Union I am here to talk about our experience with crypto currencies, the risks involved and the opportunities they offer.

First, I will need to shortly touch on an event that happened last year and that greatly affected the Tamoran economy. Last year, in our opinion out of the blue and without any a grace period,  Rokkenjima issued a series of very harsh sanctions against Tamora. Almost overnight, the Tamoran financial system was severed from the international one. All international transfers,  especially to non MidAranye countries were blocked. Even a simple transfer of Rokkenjiman ducats from Tamora to Royal Seleucid couldn't get through since it would have to go through a Rokkenjiman bank. Businesses were of course greatly affected by the sanctions, the case is perhaps the most well know was that of the Karapetyan family but that was far from the only one. Furthermore, less talked about was the situation in the Tamoran diaspora. Hundreds of thousands of people working aboard which sent billions of dinars in remittances could no longer do so. And their families back home were in a dire situation as their livelihood depended on that money.

It was a difficult time for all of us, people were queuing in our braches and asking our staff how can they get money from their husbands or risk losing everything, and in Tamora everything also includes your freedom. Talking to foreign banks didn't help since understandably they had to obey Rokkenjiman law, even third party banks were reluctant to deal with us for fear Rokkenjiman authorities and other states would sanctions them . Please remember this was a time where not a week went by without another nation sanctioning Tamora in some shape or form. So most of the foreign banks had a “wait and see” approach regarding us. 

So out of necessity we reluctantly turned to crypto currencies as a way for people to transfer money from abroad to Tamora. We said reluctantly because of several problems with such currencies: they remain unregulated in many countries and thus you can be liable to pay extra taxes ( because they can be considered on commodities rather than currencies), dealing with them could break the law that says that as a bank you should only deal in currencies, they are also used for various money laundering activities exposing the bank to unnecessary risks and require users to have a certain minimal level of technical savviness that many, especially among the elderly, lacked.

We nevertheless managed to finds way to help our customers, we adjusted our bank tellers and customer support to offer assistance on using crypto currencies, accepted trade in them on a limit of 5 thousand dinars/usd per month and only for existing customers.  Such controls were absolutely necessary in order to avoid having the bank turn into a magnet for money laundering activities and other illegal activities from various international criminal groups. We wanted to help our community but also do it in such a manner that doesn't expose us and them to new risks and problems.

Eventually, things improved and although everything is not back to normal, in fact Rokkenjima has sanctioned Tamora again and many countries still do, the financial system has adjusted and adapted.

Want we want now however is to work with regulatory authorities in Tamoran and also other countries to that we have crypto currencies recognized under the law as currency and thus facilitate their use. They remain a very useful tool with which people can protect themselves and their livelihood from sanctions they are not responsible for or have no control over.

Thank you for your time.”

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Tamoran Minister of Finance announcing the MidAranye Economic Corridor
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2019, 04:54:45 PM »
Announcing the MidAranye Economic Corridor (MEC)

Haman Divaan, the Minister of Finance of the Empire of Tamora, announcing the MidAranye Economic Corridor

“Your Imperial Majesty, Your Royal Majesties and ladies and gentlemen,  I am Haman Divaan finance minister of the Empire of Tamora. I would like to talk to you publicly for the first time about one of our plans that seeks to grow the Tamoran economy in particular and the Midaranye one in general. Our government has been negotiating with the federated kingdoms of Tamora and we have reached a consensus on building an economic corridor that seeks to link the North of Tamora to the Sea of Kyne. That would be the first phase of the MidAranye Economic Corridor by which we seek to connect Northern Tamora and its industrial centers to Abuqiya, Clysperis, Royal Seleucid and Pramoria and Elysium. In step three we might include the Slavic federation, Vanora and Safraen in this project depending on the political environment in these countries.

Let me show you on the map what the project means and the proposed phases.

Green - phase one
Red - phase two
Gray - phase three

Please note that in many cases the necessary infrastructure is already in place, in other it simply requires upgrades. The corridor does not imply that only new highways and cargo rail will be built, in most cases it seeks to connect existing infrastructure.

When complete, Tamoran goods from the middle of Midaranye will be easily transported to multiple ports in both the Gulf of Safraen and the Sea of Kyne, thus making our country less exposed to international sanctions and also giving landlocked countries like Abuqiya several options to send their cargo by sea. But it not just that, the economic corridor will also link major mining centers that extract the minerals so vital for industry to the industrial centers of MidAranye whether they are in Clysperis, Abuqiya or the Midaranye Free Trade Zone in Royal Seleucid or others. The project seeks not just to make trade easier with countries outside of MidAranye but also facilitate trade within MidAranye. The region numbers an impressive 500 million people, is rich in resources and unlike the opulent countries outside of Midaranye, where services dominate their economies, in Midaranye manufacturing and agriculture play key roles in the economy of the region.

The Midaranye economic corridor has two components; one is infrastructure where we seek to connect key regions as you can see on the map via highways and rail for cargo. The second component seeks to increase economic trade between Midaranye countries by encouraging cross border cooperation and promoting Parthian as the lingua franca to do business. That will imply that the Tamoran government will be promoting the learning of Parthian in the Midaranye countries that do not speak it as their native language or where it is not widespread. Right now Parthian is the dominant language in Tamora, Royal Seleucid, Pramoria and Abuqiya. Furthermore a very large minority in the Slavic Federation also speaks Parthian. That is more than 250 mil people, half the population of Midaranye, that are either native speakers of Parthian or close to that level. So as you can see promoting Parthian makes sense for Midaranye. Why should we speak a non Midaranye language when doing business here? It's not like Rokkenjima or East Moreland use Parthian when dealing on their continents. We will also seek to coordinate with other Midaranye capitals in order to allow easier passage of goods along the economic corridor as long as those goods were manufactured in Midaranye. This project is also an opportunity to strengthen our individual countries by making sure Midaranye countries come before the rest of Mundus.

Lastly, there is the issue of costs relating to the project. The Tamoran side the corridor will of course be built using Tamoran funds but some of our neighbors, although willing to build it, might lack the necessary funds. It is for this reason that Tamora will in the following months seeks to enter into talks each of the capitals of Midaranye to see where they stand on the issue, what are their objections to the project and to see if we can help them with financing the project where funds are lacking. We have also announced the project so that the public can present their ideas and especially the business environment can provide input.

In the end, I would like to state that project and its phases allow for flexibility in approach. Some countries might not wish to join at first or not at all but the project can continue without them. The project is after all an opportunity to make Tamora and the other countries of Midaranye stronger in their competition, in which foreign competitors often play unfair, with the rest of Mundus. It is up to our neighbors if they take advantage of the opportunity.

Thank you."