Author Topic: Extra-Ordinary Meeting of MICA - Environmental Concerns  (Read 2721 times)

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
Extra-Ordinary Meeting of MICA - Environmental Concerns
« on: June 08, 2020, 09:36:04 PM »

To:- The membership of MICA

Following the recent destruction of QAMB it is our understanding that an impending environmental disaster could be taking place in territory owned by Heyra. With this in mind the Kingdom of East Moreland believe that the membership of MICA should perhaps meet to discuss the damage caused, its threat to the environment and any possible long term impacts on the region. Naturally we would be willing to travel to Heyra for such a meeting or alternatively we shall make Portworth available for such a meeting. We look to the government of Heyra to inform us as to whether such a meeting is necessary or helpful however firmly believe the nations of MICA should stand together to make sure our planet does not suffer.

May The Gods Watch Over You and Your Nation Know Peace

King David III of East Moreland.

Offline RobertAgira

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Agira Latina
Re: Extra-Ordinary Meeting of MICA - Environmental Concerns
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2020, 09:19:50 PM »

I was amazed at the reports that came out of Heyra regarding QAMB and at first believed there must have been some mistake made by reporters. I am therefore appalled that Heyra's environment, and as a knock on the Mhorish and the Illumic's environment, are in danger of being damaged. My own nation have worked hard to try and protect the environment and we believe that a multi-national approach is important. As such we are happy to accept the invitation and shall arrive in Panner-Mount when the meeting is scheduled.

May The Gods Watch over You and Your Nation Know Peace

Grand Duke Hugo Lascalles.

Offline RobertAgira

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2020, 08:03:24 PM »
Representing the Grand Duchy was the Grand Duke himself along with Duchess Anna Davidson, she had penned the Treaty of Wellow and was a campaigner for a great many environmental causes. They'd had a wonder round the gardens before the meeting and now had settled in to listen to Threz kick the meeting off. They were pleased that the Heyrans seemed to have accepted the unease Rokkenjiman and foreign influence in the Mhorish had caused the organisation. "I hope the situation we had with the Rokkenjiman involvement is something that can be avoided in the future. We've managed to keep the region relatively free of problems since MICA was created and I think I seak for all of us around this table when I say I hope that we can keep it that way moving forward." The Grand Duke began, "Now I'm merely here should things need authorising on a level of the whole Dukedom. We're pretty blessed in Bakkermaya to have Duchess Anna who is a very keen environmentalist and will take the lead for us."

"Thank you" Anna acknowledged, "If we may turn to what you call a great operation. From my military I served in the Signals and I recall almost every piece of equipment we had included some kind of warning sticker about the chemicals retained within. If we've a series of fires and leaks at a military base then I would think they'll be some long term issues. If we could perhaps get a insight into what the problems are there now we can start to look at what assets we can move over to help."

Offline DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2020, 07:45:18 PM »
The Morelanders had sent a rather large delegation by their standards. The group were heading by Princess Freya with a rather odd dynamic as General Yacobs was also there. The General was the senior officer in the Princesses legion but now that Freya was technically on leave she was here in her royal capacity. They'd brought with them Rufus Maddison the nations Health Minister and  Olivia Cole the Morelander Science and Technology Minister. "I think we could have a rough guess at what those chemicals are" General Yacobs began, "at the end of the day the chemicals in a Rokkenjiman radar dome are going to be the same as those in a East Moreland radar dome." she shrugged. "

Olivia Cole produced a folder. "This folder is our contingency plan for what we call Jekar's Doom. It is a theoretical operation that would follow a catastrophe at one of the Ostlake bases which saw a destruction of facilities of 70% or higher. Now the QAMB situation is much worse. We can have the Royal Logistics Corps Hazardous Substance team there within 12 hours, less if we can utilise the EkraBadger. I think the first port of call needs to be putting booms in place around the waterside parts of the base trying to keep the spills from heading further out to sea. Beyond that we may need to look at a mass dig out of the soil and sealing it in lead containers."

The Princess then kicked in, "I think a large part of this is what the long term plan for the area will be. How big of a clean up is going to be needed. Are we looking at just stopping the spread of what is going on or was something going to go here. Now if the airfield is avaliable, we don't know the standard its in due to the Rokkenjimans, we can get protective supplies in and people out rather quickly."

Offline RobertAgira

• Order Of The Pen
  • World Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2020, 08:56:12 PM »
The Bakkermayans conversed slightly. "We are in a position to have medical teams leave Fernwood within 12 hours. These are assets normally put aside for search and rescue operations should tropical storms hit the islands of Bakkermaya. We'd be able to utilise them to bring in makeshift medical centres for the time being. We can naturally also use the aircraft to bring out anyone seriously injured diverting them either to East Moreland which is closer than Bakkermaya or to other airfields in Heyra. Beyond that we need to maybe consider longer term containment such as those described by Her Highness. Perhaps we can begin planning out a long term strategy for the area."