Author Topic: Trinitas TV  (Read 13077 times)

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra
This week in politics with special guest Ieronim Morozov
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2022, 11:14:31 AM »

This week in politics with special guest Ieronim Morozov

Ieronim Morozov is famous in Samantra for his humorous critique of national and international politics. He is a long time supporter of the Republican Party and an occasional guest at Trinitas Tv

-   We have invited prominent Republican writer and journalist to talk about the latest events happening in Samantra and around Mundus. Thank you for coming, Mr. Morozov.

-   For those that are not familiar, Trinitas TV invites me here whenever the Republicans do something stupid.

-   What is your opinion on the current political crisis in Petrograd?

-   What can I say? It is a perfect example of why half of Mundus is under absolutist monarchies. I am sure monarchies around the world are watching and telling their people “this is what you get when you leave people to elect their leader”. The saddest part about this whole mess is that we voted them in office.

-   Well not all of us.

-   Indeed. Some have their conscience clean I guess. 

-   What about Mrs. Maria Mikhailov statement saying she will be voting yes at the referendum?

-   She is already started campaigning for the office of the President of the Duma. It’s clear as day that she wants to portray herself as the moderate and outmaneuver Yeva Litvin.

-   So you do not believe she’s being sincere?

-   Do I look stupid?

-   Moving to the next topic, what do you make of the recent URET flip flop over Clysperis? They first said they will invest, then said they will not only to find out that they signed a deal with Clysperi authorities after a meeting with the Clysperi Queen?

-   I think their CEO Talya something deserves the title fool of the month award. Just as they were praising themselves about the deal and we already had a Tamoran colonel arrested saying coalition forces were involved in war crimes during the civil war. Don’t get me wrong, they deserve it. They needed that damn … let’s call it obelisk because children might be watching instead of investing in say Tartu of Chistopol. Run in stupid races you win stupid prizes.

-   We have yet to see the documents…

-   Of course… because we need massive amounts of documents to know that when two slavers and a guy whose father dropped the bomb on Ardia get around the table… see this already sounds like a joke. Anyways, when they get around the table they promise to commit no war crimes against terrorists they certainly keep their word.

-   Well the Clysperi Queen has said that slavery was on the books but had not been practiced in decades.

-   That’s like going to a licensed brothel and when you ask for service you get the reply that they have the license just in case and claim that they are a respectable establishment only providing massages and are shocked and offended at your offer. She’s taking us for stupid.

-   But she did abolish slavery…

-   And you notice how she now looks down on people because she freed her slaves or something? All while we common folks didn’t do anything moral because we had no slaves in the first place.

-   She has even expressed concern over women’s rights in Samantra.

-   And our government was too stupid to reply. I mean all Yeva Litvin had to do was wave and say “look I am fine” but apparently even that is too much to ask from the current administration.

-   What about the Emperor Peter’s response regarding the concerns raised by Emperor Benson?

-   I found it fascinating that Peter, I will just call him that, felt the need to start his statement that Emperor Benson has a right to ask questions. Like it was up to him to determine that.

-   And the rest of his statement?

-   I couldn’t watch it. If I spend more than five seconds watching Achkaerin royals talking I starting seeing in my head the nuclear bombing of Ardia and have to change the channel.

-   What about the slavery scandal in Elysium?

-   Again I couldn’t watch more than five seconds of the Achkaerin press conference and in those five seconds she didn’t get past name calling the Heyran governor. On the other hand, after watching the Heyran governor speak I am now also firmly against allowing Heyra to clone people.

-   What made you change your mind?

-   Imagine having two arrogant pricks like that Heyran governor at the same time on TV insulting our intelligence by saying there is nothing wrong there.

-   Since we are at the topic. An Achkaerin company has launched legal action against Unite Vision, a media company registered in Heyra. Your opinion on that?

-   The Achkaerin company is being dumb in public.

-   And the backlash following their action with several media companies including Trinitas TV signing a declaration of free speech in support of Unite Vision exercising its rights of freedom of the press?

-   That was even dumber which I admit must have been really hard to accomplish. I am glad I work for a media trust that was not stupid enough to sign something like that.

-   Why do you say that? Do you not support freedom of the press?

-   You’re being silly. This has nothing to do with freedom of the press. That rag, because I cannot call it press, hides behind Heyran laws. We do not know who funds them, who writes their articles, we don’t know anything about them. For all we know it can be Rodina funding them and Trinitas TV just sign a declaration in support of Rodina spreading its propaganda.

-   This is a matter of rights…

-   Let me cut you off there. It is not. We are not talking Tamora Imperial News Service here who are openly registered, have a “face”, we know who funds them, they apply for visa and accreditation when they go aboard etc. Had it been them then yes, they would deserve protection but United Vision has done nothing like that. What are you going to do next? Support the right of terrorists groups to spread their propaganda?

-   Moving on to other topics. Sources say that the current administration plans to go to MidAranye for a visit to OPEN but there is no official confirmation. What do you say?

-   I beg Litvin not to go. Knowing the current administration it will end up with them embargoing us. Please go to Halych or Volhynia.

-   But as far as I know they have oil but we do not import it from them yet.

-   That’s great. So they can’t embargo us if Litvin screws up. Please Litvin, we have suffered enough. Have mercy on us and let us at least have oil in the country.

-   You are not very confident in the current administration!

-   Right now I wouldn’t trust them to administer an apartment block let alone the country.

-   Let me defend the current administration and say that according to sources, Natacha Sokić, a Lodjan that is a naturalized Heyran citizen, will be investing in Samantra in a chip and processors factory. Surely that is good news.

-   I know nothing about chips so I cannot comment. I also know nothing about Ms. Sokić but with all due respect for her when I hear Lodjan and Heyran I worry a bit, that’s not a good combination.

-   One last topic. East Moreland has won the bid to host the winter games. What do you make of that?

-   I first want to congratulate our administration for picking the loser, it was hard but they did it. Second we should apologize to Tytor, had it not been for our vote other countries might have voted for them but once we did, support for them stopped. As for the Morelanders, what can I say? We are supposed to pretend that is had nothing to do with international relations when we know it’s only about that. East Moreland has enormous support and numerous connections around Mundus. I think somebody should start a song like “We are all living in Helusia or Helustan”.

-   Thank you for coming. It’s been wonderful having you here.

-   My pleasure.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Today Samantrans go to the polls
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2022, 01:47:12 PM »

Today Samantrans go to the polls

Some Samantrans took to the polls at a very early hour

The day of the referendum has finally arrived. Today all Samantrans over the age of 18 are called to the polls to express their opinion whether they want Separation of Incomes Act to be repealed. A vote for Yes would mean the repeal of the law while a vote for No would mean the law will go into effect on the first of March. There is no threshold for participation for the results to be validated. However, there is a debate among legal experts whether the results of the referendum are binding or just consultative.

Thousands of polling stations across the nation were organized for the referendum. Furthermore, the secular government also made sure to appropriate funds so that Samantran diplomatic missions aboard were able to organize polling station aboard at the embassies and other venues in accordance with the laws of the host nations. The referendum also marks the first time that Samantran authorities expressly invited observers from foreign countries to monitor how the elections were carried out. In previous elections observers from foreign NGOs could assist but no express invitations were issued by the Samantran government. This time invitations were sent to the governments and NGOs from the countries of: the Free Lands of Zaporozh, the Kingdom of Niš, the kingdom of Chistopol, the Grand Duchy of Belgravia, State of Halych, the Republic of Volhynia.

11:00 AM: the nationwide presence has reached 10% of the eligible population

By 11 AM, a little over 10% of the eligible population has cast their vote so far. According the political analysts the low turnout is in part explained by the fact that until 12 PM most Samantrans attend the Divine Liturgy and it is expected that after 12 PM the presence at polling stations to increase significantly.

President Yeva Litvin was among the Samantrans voting early at 07:30 saying she voted “For equal dignity and respect for all Samantrans”.

15:00 PM: the nationwide presence has reached 52% of the eligible population

Voting has greatly increased in pace as Samantrans went to the polls after church service. In some instances lines were formed at polling stations with voters having to wait in some cases as much as half an hour in order to cast their votes.

Minister of External Affairs Maria Mikhailov was among those that voted until 15:00 PM. She gave a brief statement saying she voted “For an end to the division in Samantran society”.

19:00 PM the nationwide presence has reached 65% of the eligible population

With less than two hours before the closing of voting stations, almost two thirds of Samantra’s eligible population voted.

Member of the Duma Karina Loginov was among those that voted in the evening. The late hour that didn't seem to improve her mood. She has said to the press that she voted “for Samantra to join the twenty first century". A local Trinitas TV reporter retorted saying “The country is already there Mrs. Assemblywoman; we’re just waiting for you to join”.

His holiness Patriarch Alexy voted at the Patriarchal Palace. When asked, his Holiness said that “he voted for the holy kingdom.”

21:00 PM the nationwide presence has reached 72% of the eligible population

As polls close, the turnout is a strong 72.52% of eligible voters. The final number will be higher though as Samantran embassies begin reporting vote data from aboard. Political analysts expect that after Diaspora votes are counted in for the total turnout to be close to 75%.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
The results are in
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2022, 01:55:04 PM »

Yes vote wins in a landslide 62% to 36%

Less than two hours after the polls closed in Samantra, it was clear that the YES camp had won

After more than 99% of the votes were counted it is confirmed that the YES vote won in a landslide with more than 62% of the votes going for the repeal of the law, 36 % against and the rest null or invalid.

President of the Duma called for extraordinary session of the Duma in order to vote for a repeal of the law immediately quelling fears that the referendum might not be recognized.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
The President of the Duma addresses the nation
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2022, 02:05:07 PM »

The President of the Duma addresses the nation

President Yeva Litvin addressing the nation from the Oak Palace

“Dear Samantrans, as I am addressing you the last ballots of the referendum are being counted but the results are clear. An overwhelming majority of you have voted to repeal the Separation of Incomes Act. As President of the Duma I have asked the body to convey at the earliest hour tomorrow morning in order to vote for a repeal of the law. I know some have wondered whether the referendum is legally binding or not. To them and to you, the people of Samantra, I tell you that the referendum is morally binding for us because it as members of the Duma whatever power we have it has been delegated to us by the people of Samantra. We cannot vote against the will of the people just our Church cannot go against the word of our Lord Jesus Christ. Tomorrow, I personally will be voting to repeal the law and as President of the Republican Party I have asked my colleagues to do the same.

While I supported and voted for the passing of the Separation of Incomes Act, I am not disappointed nor displeased with the results of the referendum. The Samantran people are sovereign and when the Samantran people express their will, as you have done so clearly today, it is my job as a public servant to listen and implement your wishes. The Samantran people are always right when determining the fate of the holy kingdom.

I will note that while I strongly believe that all who passed the law had the best intentions at heart, we did not explain to you well enough the law, we did not listen enough, we rushed in our approach. All that lead to the impression that the law was an attack on our most important institution: our holy church. And any good Samantran that feels our church is under attack rallies in its support. I’ve had letters and emails from all over Samantra and even from other countries like Zaporozh, Nis, Halych and others expressing their concern and their support for our church. I am moved by the their love for our church and allow me to assure you that my administration seeks to be a partner and to cooperate with our holy church. 

Before I conclude, I would like to thank all those who expressed their choice on the ballot but also to those that for whatever reason chose not to take part.

Thank you and God bless you all!”

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
The opening ceremony of 2022 Winter games “a success”
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2022, 07:01:33 PM »

Minister of External Affairs Maria Mikhailov calls the opening ceremony of 2022 Winter games “a success”

Minister of External Affairs Maria Mikhailov during her visit to East Moreland. She has called the opening ceremony a "success"

Minister of External Affairs Maria Mikhailov was among the high profile Samantrans that attended the Winter Games opening ceremony in East Moreland. The two countries have had little diplomatic contact in the past years as East Moreland has pursued a belligerent policy by supporting Soviet Kaitaine to the detriment of the free Rus’ countries of the Rus’ Sea. Foreign policy analysts have said the trip to East Moreland for the opening of the games can be interpreted as a token gesture made by Petrograd to show its willingness to set aside past grievances.

“Whether we like it or not East Moreland remains extremely influential in Mundus. Their past support of Soviet Kaitaine and their friendship with Achkaerin will always be reasons of mistrust for Petrograd but East Moreland is too influential to ignore. It remains to be seen if relations between the two nations improve to something resembling normal relations or if the present efforts will be in vain.”

According to sources, Minister of External Affairs Maria Mikhailov schedule did not include any meetings with East Moreland officials.

SIA is repealed 99-1

In an extraordinary session convened by the President of the Duma, members of the Duma voted 99 to 1 for the repeal of SIA. The lone vote against the repeal was that of assemblywoman Karina Loginov of the Republican Party who felt the need to stop what would have been a perfect moment of national unity and bipartisan support.   

Princess Ludmila Attends Global Childbirth Initiative at the Duke of Keepton's castle

Princess Ludmila Godunov attended Global Childbirth Initiative event in East Moreland

Princess Ludmila attended the Global Childbirth Initiative event hosted by the Morelander Queen Stasya Ironside. Princess Ludmila had become a supporter of the Global Childbirth Initiative a few weeks prior and has since promoted its activities in the holy kingdom.

Death of Stalin wins the Ozzie

The political satire Death of Stalin produced in Nis, has won international acclaimed as confirmed by their latest prize: the Ozzie for best international film.  While the previous three years the best international movie was won by Tamora this year the prize went to Nis but did not leave the Aranye continent showing that Aranye remains a continent rich in culture and with a strong movie industry.

With the rumored reentering into isolation by the kingdom of Nis, it will remain to be seen which Rus’ country will pick up the torch or being the pinnacle of Rus’ cinematography.   

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
The Easter Fast or Lent begins
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2022, 07:04:42 PM »

The Easter Fast or Lent begins

During Lent prostrations are recommended more than ever

As the nation enters the Lent, the faithful prepare for the period of fasting and religious introspection. Several cities in the holy kingdom have banned the sale of meat and meat by products such as poultry and eggs in order to observe the Lent and show respect for our Lord. Large public events such as concerts will also be limited depending on local ordinances.

Envoy Artem Lebedev’s state visit to Samantra concludes

Envoy Artem Lebedev, representative of the Families council of Zaporozh, has concluded his visit to the holy Kingdom. It marks the first state visit hosted by Petrograd since Samantra’s reemergence from isolation. The secular government has called the visit a success and has stated that in the coming weeks and months the results of the visit will be seen as a series of agreements and projects will be launched by the two nations.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Free Lands of Zaporozh granted most favored nation status
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2022, 10:24:38 AM »

Free Lands of  Zaporozh granted most favored nation status and a cancelation of tariffs

Trinitas TV news anchor

The state Duma voted 90-10 to give the Free Lands of  Zaporozh the most favored nation status. In effect that means that should the holy kingdom give better treatment to a third party in regards to trade policy then Free Lands of  Zaporozh will automatically also receive that same treatment.

Furthermore, the bill also sees the cancelation of all import duties on goods and services from Free Lands of  Zaporozh and allows citizens of Zaporozh to buy real estate in Samantra expect for agricultural land.

The bill comes soon after Envoy Artem Lebedev’s concluded a state visit to Samantra and is a result of negotiations between the two sides.

A new contentious issue is set to reach the floor of the Duma in the coming weeks: immigration reform

The current immigration law which has been in place for over 30 years allows for fast track citizenship to be granted to applicants of Rus’ countries and Orthodox Christians from conflict areas or that are persecuted for their faith in their home countries. The current administration seeks to amend the law by closing what they believe are loopholes allowing foreign citizens to fake their adherence to Orthodox Christianity in order to gain Samantran citizenship and to provide fast track citizenship to citizens of non Rus’ countries that have qualifications that are in high demand on the Samantran labor market.   

The Legion Party has opposed any change aimed at restricting the right of Orthodox Christians to receive fast track citizenship under the current law but has signaled they are willing to support a change for allowing greater immigration based on skills and qualifications provided that a criteria for “good moral standing” is introduced alongside the skills and qualifications criteria. While the exact details of how would the “good moral standing” criteria will be transpired into law have not been released to the press, sources close to the Legion have said that they seek to make sure that immigration from countries with no cultural affinity will be discouraged.

The Republican Party currently hold a slim majority in the Duma and the administration seeks to find a compromise with the opposition in order to pass an immigration reform that gets a strong majority from both parties and is not easily challenged in the next election cycle. Representatives of the major industries of Samantra have signaled their support for the change as labor shortages have affected Samantra’s economy in several areas. Representatives of the trade unions however expressed concerns that it could lead to an influx of “cheap labor” and falling wages and has urged the Duma and the administration to consider first the interests of the Samantran employees.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
A review of the latest PSE business conference
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2022, 11:39:06 AM »

A review of the business conference “the Rus’ economic sphere: challenges and opportunities”

Representatives of Samantran companies accounting for a market capitalization of more than a trillion roubles/usd were present at the conference as were some of Samantra’s top 20 wealthiest individuals

The latest business conference organized by PSE (Petrograd Stock Exchange) at Rus’ Tower entitled “the Rus’ economic sphere: challenges and opportunities” was supposed to be all about promoting business links between the countries of the Rus’ world, understanding the challenges foreign investors from other Rus’ countries face when investing in Samantra and the opportunities present for Samantran companies to invest aboard. In attendance there were some of the most important players in Samatra’s business and financial sector including but not limited to Minister for trade, economy and finance Stas Petrov, CEO of PSE (Petrograd Stock Exchange) Rurik Gusev, billionaire magnate Mihail Umarov and many others.

While those in attendance did speak about the increasingly important Rus’ economic sphere, the press was almost exclusively interested in the latest news coming from Clysperis where Pharaoh Seti expressed interest in working with PSE in developing their exchange and about the latest announced sanctions by the Rokkenjiman Empire.

Trinitas TV offered extensive coverage of the conference and had interviews with some of the speakers:

Rurik Gusev CEO of PSE talked extensively about how PSE aims to become the number one exchange of the Rus’ economic sphere

On a possible cooperation with Clysperis for exchanges:

“We are of course pleased to see the kingdom of Clysperis show interest in working with us. It pleases us not just because our achievements are recognized but also that we see commitment at the highest level possible on the Clysperi side. The Kingdom of Clysperis has huge potential and in order to use it fully it will need drastic reforms which can only be achieved if their government is fully committed. We are impressed with their ambition and their dedication to their economic vision for Clysperis and we are in talks with them to see if we can come to an agreement for cooperation. “

On the PSE vision for the Rus’ economic sphere:

“We are constantly adapting our regulations to be more accessible to companies and investors across the Rus’ countries. We are also cooperating closely with the government to see barriers to investments lifted. The process is not always easy but we remain committed to our goal to make PSE the best exchange of the Rus’ economic sphere by the end of this decade”. 

Minister for trade, economy and finance Stas Petrov talked about the government’s plan to sign more free trade agreements in the following months and years

On the impact of Rokkenjima’s sanctions:

“We have yet to assess the impact since we do not yet know the details of the sanctions. After we have the full details, we can make an assessment and then forward proposals to the Duma for an economic package to alleviate some of the impact.”

On present and potential future trade deals:

“We expect positive news from Zaporozh following our talks here in Petrograd and our government is actively engaged in opening new opportunities with the Gulf of Auraxis countries. We are working diligently to see barriers to trade lowered for Samantran companies. I’ve also made several trips to the location of the future Samantra Electronic Manufacture future factory in the port city of Lirom and have been in contact with Ms. Sokić so see if she experienced any issues during the investment process and if there is anything I can do help and improve the process for all foreign investors.

On a potential SUN membership:

“That is out of the question. The President of the Duma made a campaign pledge to not join and she intends to keep that promise. That being said, we are looking to cooperate with SUN and we believe that both sides can benefit from a strong cooperation between us. We have closely followed the development of Project Zarptica since the aircraft would be perfect fit for our carriers and depending on the review of the minister of Defense we could see talks in that regard and perhaps a trade deal. “

On Clysperis’ refusal immediate to follow the sanctions imposed by the Rokkenjiman Empire:

“The kingdom of Clysperis has never been shy in pursuing an independent foreign policy. Their government has shown a lot of commitment to building a strong economy and a regional financial center and I believe they understand that economic sanctions are not the way to reach such a goal. MidAranye is a key region for Samantra’s energy policy and we are always looking to cooperate more with the countries of MidAranye such as Clysperis.”

Billionaire magnate Mihail Umarov has in recent years been pursuing a strategy of investing more aboard

On the recent Rokkenjiman sanctions:

“I don’t believe for one second that the sanctions have anything to do with women’s rights. The Rokkenjimans and the Achkaerins will do anything in their power to keep their privileged position in the affairs of Mundus. Rokkenjima is seeking to protect their companies from Samantran competition. They see us a threat for their privileged status and so they decided to slap sanctions on us with no prior warning. The masters of Rokkenjima, the Anselmo family, are probably the richest people on the planet right now if we only count their wealth in Abstergo. So for them the interest of the Abstergo mega corporation and the interests of the Rokkenjima empire are one and the same and they use both to further their goals. ”

On potential business opportunities:

“I am looking first at the Rus’ countries. The Rus’ world means about three quarters of a billion people, that is a huge potential market. We are currently in talks to invest in Chistopol and we are also considering Halych and Volhynia. Of course we are not stopping there Clysperis and Mktvartvelo are also on the list among others.”

The conference lasted about 8 hours and organizers say that is was a success as many of the attendees provided positive feedback and asked for more such events to take place in the future. 

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile

Empress Evanthe “on the wrong side of history” is sanctioned by the Duma

Mr. Boris Kuzmin, leader of the Legion of Archangel Michael, was the man of the hour in the Duma after being sanctioned by the Rokkenjiman Empire for defending the values of the holy kingdom and the will of the Samantran people as expressed in the referendum

In a unanimous vote, 100 to 0, the state Duma voted to sanction Empress Evanthe, the current leader of the Rokkenjiman Empire, for placing sanctions on the democratically elected leader of the opposition Mr. Boris Kuzmin. The bill was put for a vote in an emergency session following the news that member of the Duma Boris Kuzmin was sanctioned for expressing his views on the floor of the Duma and voting according to his conscience and the wishes of his constituency. Members from both political parties took the floor to speak in support of Mr. Kuzmin:

“What Rokkenjima did is nothing short of blackmail and an attempt at intimidation. The people of Samantra and the entire chamber stands with you Mr. Kuzmin” said Andrei Grigorev, a prominent member of the Legion.

Member of the radical faction of the Republican Party Karina Loginov also came in support of Mr. Kuzmin:
“We had our disagreements in the past and we do not see eye to eye on many policies but today I join in support of colleagues from both parties in condemning the actions of Rokkenjima and their attempts to insert themselves in the internal politics of Samantra.”

President of the Duma Yeva Litvin also voted in favor of the sanctions:
“I want to be very clear in saying that Rokkenjima’s attempt to divide this chamber and the people of Samantra will fail. An attack on a member of this chamber is an attack on us all we stand with you Mr. Kuzmin. Empress Evanthe is on the wrong side of history for opposing the will of the people of Samantra”.

The bill mandates the Samantran government to issue matching sanctions on the Rokkenjiman leadership following the sanctioning of leader of the opposition Mr. Boris Kuzmin. For now the new sanctions are issued only against the current Rokkenjiman Empress but the bill mandates they are to be reviewed twice a year and depending on the bellicosity of Rokkenjima new persons can be added to the list.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
“No man can serve two masters” says Patriarch Alexy
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2022, 08:27:22 PM »

“No man can serve two masters” says Patriarch Alexy

His Holiness Patriarch Alexy retorted without specifically naming the leader of the Rosari faith

During the sermon of the Divine Liturgy, His Holiness Patriarch Alexy has retorted on the claim of the Rosari faith leader that Christians can be Rosari followers and Christians at the same time warning the faithful that the spread of such confusion is not without intent:

"We live in a disorganized Mundus lacking the moral compass to navigate these turbulent times. Now it is more important than ever to not listen to those that seek to confuse us. I have heard many half-truths in my life but a recent one has caught my attention. A certain figure from a faraway shore is preaching to its flock that Christians can be Christians and also follow her faith. This, beloved faithful, is a fine example of the confusion that is deliberately spread in many societies. So let me be very clear: no man can serve two masters just as a citizen cannot serve two countries or a wife two husbands."

The Office of the Patriarchy has confirmed that His Holiness Patriarch Alexy will be attending what was described as the meeting for Abraham adding that the virulent reaction seen in some corners of Mundus is proof that such a gathering is needed.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Petrograd launches “the Good Samaritan” government program
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2022, 06:53:43 PM »

Petrograd launches “the Good Samaritan” government program

Trinitas TV news anchor

Following news that the Rokkenjiman Empire issued unexpected and unprecedented sanctions against Royal Seleucid and Waddan, the secular government in cooperation with the spiritual government has initiated “the Good Samaritan” government program. The program is aimed at helping Samantran companies provide support to affected parties of the Rokkenjiman sanctions against Royal Seleucid and Waddan by paying for the costs of transitioning from Rokkenjiman goods and services to Samantran ones. Under the program Samantran companies that pay the costs for foreign partners to transition from Rokkenjiman goods or services to Samantran ones will see that cost deducted from their income tax. As one analyst explained “changing suppliers whether it’s for a good or service is often a difficult and costly process. Through this program a Samantran company can offer to pay for that cost, provided that there is a transition to a Samantran product or service. What surprised many is that the program is not exclusive to affected parties from Seleucid or Waddan but anyone else on Mundus. So for example if a company from Rayyu has problems because Rokkenjiman airline companies no longer service flights between Rayyu and Royal Seleucid then they can benefit from the program if the switch to a Samantran airlines that services those routes. The same can be said for say a Zaporosh company that say imports oil and gas and was using a Rokkenjiman international bank for their payment to Royal Seleucid. They too can benefit if they switch to a Samatran bank going forward. “

The program has been well received by the business environment of Samantran with representatives of the large corporations saying it will help them in encouraging foreign companies to switch to Samantran goods and services. However, when talking about the impact of the program the representatives where more reserved in their estimates with one CEO saying:

“We don’t have the exact data of the trade and investments between the two MidAranye states and Rokkenjima but from what I understand from our partners in Royal Seleucid it is limited. In the case of Waddan I imagine it is minuscule but again these are not official data. “

The Patriarchal Palace has issued a statement in support of the program saying that “where Rokkenjima has spat Samantra kisses, where the Empire has chosen to seed discord the holy kingdom brings peace and where the Empire is First to bring harm the holy kingdom attempts to heal”.

The Oak Palace (secular government) has released a statement saying the Rokkenjiman sanctions are “ill advised, not aligned with that the community of nations desires and an abandonment of diplomacy“ adding that “constructive dialogue must be the way to approach disagreements between sovereign countries”.

The secular government issues warnings to Samantran businesses: consider backup options for Rokkenjiman goods and services

President Yeva Litvin met with several CEOs of some of the country’s largest corporations for talks about how the secular government can adapt regulations to allow businesses to better compete aboard.  The regular meeting though was exceptional in that, according to sources, the President of the Duma issued warnings to the CEOs to have backup plans for their imports from Rokkenjima whether it is goods or services, with those backup suppliers to be from Rus’ countries or SUN countries preferably. According to the sources, the tone of the meeting was dire with the President saying that Rokkenjima’s actions are increasingly hostile to Samantran interests and anticipated further hostile actions as those initiated by Rokkenjiman empress against Samantra but later rejected by the Rokkenjiman legislature.

Trinitas TV contacted the Oak Palace for comments in regards to the rumors but no comment was given other than that the “the exact contents of the talks were private but the agenda was about improving the competitiveness of Samantra’s business environment and potential challenges Samatran businesses could face.”

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
The Pharaoh of Clysperis speaks before the Duma
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2022, 06:56:59 PM »

The Pharaoh of Clysperis speaks before the Duma

Pharaoh Akasha before the Duma

During her state visit to the Holy Kingdom, the Pharaoh Akasha received the Cross of the Holy Kingdom, the highest civilian decoration in the Holy Kingdom, for making history in banning the practice of slavery and indentured servitude in the lands of the Kingdom of Clysperis. After receiving the decoration Pharaoh Akasha had this to say before the Duma:

"President Yeva Litvin, honorable members of the Duma, ladies and gentlemen, I thank you all for the opportunity to speak here, with you, today.

Much has been said prior to my arrival before you in this Chamber today that has no bearings upon the relationship between Clysperis and Samantra. While I am one who can appreciate the historic differences held between our nations towards the Achkaerinese I remind you that, today, you are meeting with a representative of the Kingdom of Clysperis, that which we shall discuss has nothing to do with the Kingdom, and especially with my stance in regard to the position taken by allies of Achkaerin toward Samantra on an issue which one could arguably draw some agreement between the Kingdom and Rokkenjima, even then I proceeded to slash costs paid by Samantra for oil and gas supplied by the Kingdom of Clysperis because I value national sovereignty; I value self-determination, even when it goes against what I believe in, and I value the right of any People to determine what happens within their borders because no one outside of them could possibly know what is best for the People of Samantra, just as no Seaforthian could know what is best for the People of Clysperis.

The difference before us is strong, and offers a different narriative than that which we've seen from the global elite: they disagree with you and levy sanctions and other measures in response. Clysperis disagrees with you? We accept it and move on, we move on to areas where we can find agreement, we move on to issues where we can find some manner of consensus, we see that we have differing views and we don't declare war on each other; instead, we recognize that differences between peoples and cultures are to be expected and are wholly normal, but they do not mandate us to be foes or rivals. Some would say that it would be difficult to provide guarantees that supplies would not be endangered? Clysperis, and Clysperis alone, determines with whom it conducts business with, and while I honour and respect the friendship which Clysperis holds with the Achkaerinese do not confuse friendship with the status of vassal. Clysperis and Samantra have disagreed and, especially in the course of that disagreement given the positions staked internationally, the actions of my Kingdom thus far have proven themselves: disagreement or not, divergent views or not, the Kingdom will not take punitive measures in response because we respect the differences between cultures and societies are opportunities to be harnessed, not disparaged which has unfortunately been the basic operational mode of Mundus for far too long.

I remain hopeful for what we will accomplish here, I hold faith in the capabilities of the President as a representative of her People and I shall endeavour to be a representative of my People. I shall leave dissenting views, clip-baits and attention grabbing for the media whilst her and I conduct the business of state. I believe that to be a sentiment shared by all of us here today as I graciously accept the Cross of the Holy Kingdom. It has been a long journey for the Kingdom to reach this day, and we shall continue to do that which is in the service of Ma'at and the future of our People, and to see a future where servitude is consigned to history once and for all.

Thank you all for your time."

The speech has been well received by the Duma and at one point, when Pharaoh Akasha mentioned that friendship with Achkaerin should not be confused with the status of vassal, the members applauded vigorously forcing the Pharaoh to pause for a full minute before continuing.

It remains to be seen what the outcome of the talks will be as both sides have serious disagreements and different agendas.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
The controversial history of Samantra’s most popular Sci-Fi franchise
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2022, 07:22:39 PM »

The controversial history of Samantra’s most popular Sci-Fi franchise

Christian religious symbols abound in the novels and in the fandom conventions of HK 40K.

For those in Samantra that are interested in Sci-Fi there are none who have not heard of the universe of HK 40K (Holy Kingdom 40K). In the franchise’s 40 year history tens of millions of books were sold, several movies were made, though none of them successful, and every year more than a dozen fan conventions are held. There is no Sci-Fi universe that is more popular in Samantra today than HK 40K. It has even earned a brief mention in some history text book for primary schools.

So it’s hard to imagine today that the universe struggle at first and the first novel risked being banned in the country. For those unfamiliar with the universe it takes place in the far future in the year 40 thousand where a space faring Rus’ human nation called the Holy Kingdom spans an enormous space of over “100 stars and over a trillion souls”. The universe is dark even for a dystopia with the Holy Kingdom presented in books as having succumbed to superstition and moral decay and is constantly at war. The Holy Kingdom of the novels is a theocracy ruled by an emperor who the people worship as a god but it is never revealed if he is even alive. Upon publishing the novel many in Samantra where outraged at the parallel between Holy Kingdom of the Sci FI novel and Samantra with many in the country seeing the universe as a critique of Samantra’s institutions. The most outrageous of them by far being that of the God Emperor who sits on the throne in the novel being a veiled reference to Jesus Christ who is the King of Samantra. The fact that the author of the novel, Iban Krylov, refused to ever say publicly if it was a critique of Samantra only fueled criticism of the novel but also its popularity.

So what helped the novels and the universe take off in Samantra despite the initial rocky start? The answer is the the fandom which did not care or didn’t even see a political critique of Samantra but a universe rich in religious elements and symbolism, and a dystopian setting that many compared to Samantra’s Sacred War and thus were immediately drawn to.

A fan of the franchise representing “Saint Silvana”. In the universe of the novel women serve in the army (ooc: in Samantra they do not) and at fan conventions women characters are often portrayed as carrying weapons.

So what can be said for the future of the franchise? According to the company owning the rights to the universe, the answer is an expansion aboard and a reattempt at making a movie. The past failures of the universe to be successful at the cinema have not dissuaded the company from trying again, this time with a huge 50 million roubles/USD budget almost twice the size of the largest budget of the previous attempts.

“I think the previous attempts were not marketed properly. We learnt a lot from past mistakes and the new movie will show this” said a representative of the company. According to sources the movie is set to release late this year. The company has also allocated a significant budget aimed at marketing the novels aboard.

Fans of HK 40K universe also draw inspiration from Samantra’s proud history relating to the Great War Era.

OOC: This is NOT a claim of the Warhammer 40K since I do not do claims. Feel free to also use the 40K universe if you want to.
The HK 40K is a not a perfect copy of Warhammer 40k with the Holy kingdom of the universe being much smaller than the Imperium of 40K and likely not the only human civilization. I haven’t decided if there are aliens in HK 40K. 

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
State Duma begins day by holding a minute of silence
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2022, 09:30:40 AM »

State Duma begins day by holding a minute of silence for the victims of the Central Civil War

The leader of the opposition, Boris Kuzmin, invited his confessor to the session to pray with him for the victims of the Central Civil War

The State Duma began today’s session with a minute of silence so that members could pray for the victims of the Centralian Civil war. The war has been raging on for months if not more than a year and the Samantran public and much of Mundus has received little information about what is happening. The Legion Party has proposed that the day’s session begin with a prayer in an effort to remind the Republican administration that “our brothers in Christ in Centralia are suffering as we have suffered not many decades ago” and urged the secular government “to not let the call of the Providential Republic of Centralia go unanswered”.   

During the session, Boris Kuzmin, who has pushed for Samantra to begin formal talks with the Providential Republic of Centralia, had this to say:

“I understand caution but what we see now is indifference. Many have raised concerns about the Providential Republic of Centralia and I share many of them but we should not sit and do nothing while waiting for a perfect alternative to appear. I would like to remind everyone present that every day that goes by people are dying in Centralia. We share a continent with Centralia and we share the same faith, we should not remain indifferent. Through much of its history Centralia was a victim of Tytorian colonialism and it is now a victim of Mundus' indifference. I pray we find the wisdom to help and not have to look back years from now and regret that we have done nothing.”

Some members of the Duma have also raised concerns regarding the uranium supply for non MAEA countries. Centralia is an important exporter of uranium for non MAEA countries, if the civil war affects exports some experts say we could see an energy crisis developing in Mundus.  While Samantra does not have any nuclear reactors and is thus unaffected by a potential suspension of Centralian uranium exports, the opposition says the secular government should nevertheless assess the potential negative effects for the Samantran economy should such a scenario come true.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
State Duma rejects sanctions against the Rokkejiman Empire
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2022, 10:23:36 AM »

State Duma rejects sanctions against the Rokkejiman Empire: "Samantra turns the other cheek"

The President of the Duma Yeva Litvin: Today Samantra turns the other cheek

The Samantan Duma rejected 65 to 35 the proposed legislation that would have implement a tit for tat sanctions on the Rokkenjiman Empire following their announced sanctions on the Holy Kingdom.
The vote divided both parties with members not voting according to the usual political lines. After the votes were counted, the President of the Duma, who voted against the proposed legislation, had this to say before the floor:

“Today the Holy Kingdom of Samantra has chosen to turn the other cheek and reject the language of hate promoted by the Rokknejiman leadership who has chosen to sanction the livelihoods of the Samantran people because we have dared to implement the Good Samaritan program. I understand it was not an easy choice to make and I thank all members for their vote and their input.

The Holy Kingdom will continue on its path of an independent and sovereign foreign policy regardless of foreign pressure.

To the Rokkejiman people I say that we have nothing against you and you are still welcome to come to the Holy Kingdom for business, leisure or spiritual awakening.”

Boris Kuzmin, the leader of the opposition who also voted against the proposed legislation, was short in his speech:

“All I have to say is this:  “Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.”

In other news, the secular government has doubled down on the Good Samaritan program increasing its budget and amending it so that Samantran companies will receive subsidies if they cover the costs of foreign clients for transitioning from Daito goods and services to Samantran ones as a result of the Daito’s government imposed sanctions. The program however was not amended to include costs relating to sanctions on Tamora and remains limited to those related to Royal Seleucid and Waddan.

OOC: Since Daito retconned the sanctions, the Good Samaritan program did not involve Daito in any way.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile

The Institute for the Desovietization of the Rodinian Sea Countries (IDRSC) announced in Petrograd

Trinitas TV news anchor

The Oak Palace (ooc: secular government) has announced its intention for form the Institute for the Desovietization of the Rodinian Sea Countries (IDRSC) and has invited partners private or government from the Holy Kingdom or aboard to join as founding members of the Institute.

According to the press release, the Samantran secular government will provide a 10 million roubles/USD initial funding with future private or government partners expected to provide other funds. The intentions of the Institute are as follows:

-   To remind the Samantran public and those aboard of the crimes and horrors of the Soviet regime in Rodina.
-   To help provide funding to publish the accounts of the victims of Soviet Rodina.
-   To provide information to the citizens of Rodina trapped under the yoke of the Soviet government.
-   To provide the Divine Liturgy to the Christians in Rodina.
-   To honor the contributions of all who have fought against the Soviet Regime.
-   To provide funding and support to similar existing initiatives and programs in the Rus’ countries.

The press statement states that the Institute will officially be incorporated next month so any potential partners who wish to join as cofounding members will need to contact the Samantran secular government or publicly announce their intention to join by then.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Duma passes immigration reform bill
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2022, 02:03:12 PM »

Duma passes immigration reform bill

The Samantra’s prosperity in recent decades has made the Holy Kingdom a potential destination for emigrants, especially those from Rus’ countries

The Duma adopted the immigration reform bill 70-30 with bipartisan support. The main aspects of the law after the reform was adopted provide:

-   Citizens of Rus’ countries (as defined by previous legislation) are now allowed to immigrate to Samantra for work and they also can obtain citizenship after five years provided they pass a citizenship test and are in good moral standing. 
-   Citizens of non Rus’ countries can apply for work permits to get jobs in Samantra. When considering the application the following aspects are factored in: knowledge of the Rus’ language, religious affiliation, job skills and others such as criminal record.
-   The law continues to provide fast track immigration for Orthodox Christian that face persecution aboard or reside in countries that are at war.

The reforms are a compromise between the Republican Party and the Legion Party and take into consideration the demands of employers which have asked to allow for greater flexibility in hiring from abroad, the interests of the unions which demanded that immigration be limited for fear of lowering wages, and cultural and religious considerations. 

Minister for trade, economy and finance, Stats Petrov, has praised the reforms saying:

“The new immigration law confirms that the Holy Kingdom remains a safe haven for Orthodox Christians from around the world and at the same time makes it easier for citizens of Rus’ countries to come and work here and eventually settle. Last but not least where jobs cannot be filled by Samantrans or people of Rus’ the law allows for immigration from non Rus’ countries provided they speak the language and follow Christ.”   

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
President’s Easter message to the nation
« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2022, 08:47:42 AM »

President’s Easter message to the nation

President of the Duma Yeva Litvin addressing the nation on Easter day

“Dear Samantrans, Christ is Risen! The greatest holiday of Christianity has come. Together with the people of Zaporozh, Halych, Nis, Volhynia and Belgravia we celebrate the miracle of Christ’s resurrection, His victory over death.

For us Samantrans the holiday is also about the Holy Kingdom since our Lord is also the king of Samantra. So perhaps there is no better day than today to think about how can the Holy Kingdom better serve the Lord and his message in Mundus and what can each of us do to make Samantra a place that honors Him and is ready for His return.   

I would also ask to keep in your prayers the Christians of Rodina who despite the persecutions of their government continue to be faithful to Christ, to the small yet strong in faith Orthodox community in Mtrulumi, Mktvartvel, who has recently experienced a horrific attack and needs our solidarity more than ever and to the Christians of Centralia so that the Lord may bring them peace.

And I would like to end with the words of the pascal troparion:
Christ is risen from the dead, by death trampling death, and to those in the tombs granting life! “

Tens of millions of Samantras took to the streets to get the Holy Fire brought all the way from Vanora

Among those that received the Holy Fire from Vanora was the President of the Duma. After receiving the Holy Fire she personally stopped by the embassies of Zaporozh, Halych, Nis and, Volhynia and Belgravia to bring the Holy Fire to them and to share with the ambassadors the good news that Christ is Risen! The President has also stopped by the Rodinaian embassy and left a candle near the fence of embassy. "

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
His holiness Patriarch Alexy signs the Abrahamic declaration
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2022, 09:31:35 AM »

His holiness Patriarch Alexy signs the Abrahamic declaration

His holiness Patriarch Alexy while on the trip in the Emirate of Rayyu

His holiness Patriarch Alexy was among the leaders that signed the Abrahamic declaration. His holiness attended the meeting that saw the Abrahamic declaration become the latest document in Mundus to enshrine into law the rights of man and his obligation to contribute to society. The Palace of the Patriarchy has praised the document for building bridges among the Abrahamic faiths, fostering cooperation and making Mundus a better place.

The State Duma will vote on the ratification next week with the document expected to be adopted with a large majority after both parties have expressed support for the document. If adopted the document will become the first major intentional accord adopted by the Holy Kingdom as the country has rejected adopting both the Upsala convention and MCUR.   

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Doctor Honoris Causa awarded to Lodjan Foreign Minister Tamila Andreev
« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2022, 08:59:03 AM »

Petrograd University to award the title Doctor Honoris Causa to the Lodjan Foreign Minister Tamila Andreev

Trinitas TV news anchor

The Petrograd Royal University has announced that they will be awarding the title Doctor Honoris Causa to Lodjan Foreign Minister Tamila Andreev for her merits in her long carrier as a diplomat and her landmark achievements. While the landmark achievements were not explicitly mentioned they most likely refer to the fact that Mrs. Tamila Andreev is both the first Plebian and the first female Lodjan Foreign Minister.  Mrs. Tamila Andreev shares a connection to the Holy Kingdom as she has studied Rus Linguistics for a year at the Petrograd Royal University. The honorary title also comes with an invitation to attend a formal ceremony to award the title.   

Duma votes unanimously to award Lodjan magnate Natacha Sokić the National Order of Merit

All one hundred members of the Duma voted to award the Lodjan magnate Natacha Sokić, with strong ties to the Heyran Republic, the National Order of Merit. The civilian commendation which is restricted to Samantran nationals and to the people of Rus’ has been awarded for the outstanding merit in developing the national economy via the investments in the Samantra Electronic Manufacture. The company is the most successful foreign investment in Samantra in recent years creating thousands of high paying jobs in Samantra, exporting high values goods such as chips, processing units, semiconductors, circuits and processors and has been very active aboard acquiring recently 30% of Devex, a Heyran company manufacturing drones.

The president of the Duma can award such commendation without the advice of the Duma but President Yeva Litvin chose to defer to the Duma in order to make event more public and further emphasize the importance of Samantra Electronic Manufacture for the Samantran economy.

As of right now it is unclear if Mrs. Natacha Sokić will be personally coming to the Holy Kingdom to receive the award. Should that happen she will be granted a personal audience by the president of the Duma.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile

"Storm of Steel 1944", a movie made in Daito, makes a strong debut in Samantra 

Trinitas TV news anchor

The previous weekend saw "Storm of Steel 1944" reaching 10 million roubles/USD at the box office. The Daitōjin movie's box office performance was surprising to say the least but explained by the topic presented: the heroic battle of Heyran KS Monarch against the Daitōjin IDN Yamatai. The battle takes place during the late stage of the Great War Era when many in the Ardian Coalition were becoming aware that victory would elude us and yet despite this the crew of the Heyran Restoration fought bravely for the motherland.
Despite being a Daitōjin movie, it shies away from the usual propaganda glorifying the Allied forces and instead is focused on the experience of the average crewmen: the toll the war took on them, their fears and doubts, the camaraderie between crewmen, their appeals to a force greater than anything on Mundus.

A spokesman for one of the largest movie theater chains in the holy kingdom had this to say:

"The Samantran public has a large interest in movies that deal with the Great War Era and the success of "Storm of Steel 1944" proves that yet again. I think it's also fair to add that the great quality of the movie was also a major factor in its success. I am pleased that our company took the risk and made the necessary arrangements to have the movie air in our theaters".

KS Monarch seems to have developed a cult following

Following the success of the "Storm of Steel 1944" movie which presented the bravery of the Heyran crewmen against the might of the IDN Yamatai, many Samantrans are now yearning to know more details regarding KS Monarch and the faith of its crewmen. Miniature replicas of the ship are also in very high demand with many Samantrans wanting to buy one but are unable to because of the spike in demand has left most stores out of stock.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Heated debate on the floor of the Duma over the Good Samaritan program
« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2022, 03:06:54 PM »

Heated debate on the floor of the Duma over proposed changes to the Good Samaritan program   

Boris Kuzmin, leader of the Legion of Archangel Michael the opposition party, harshly criticized the Litvin administration calling it "weak"

The floor of the Duma saw heated exchange following proposal by the Litvin administration to amend the Good Samaritan program. The program states the Samantran secular government provides financial assistance to foreign or domestic companies that switch from Rokkenjiman goods or services to a Samantran one following Rokkenjiman sanctions on Royal Seleucid and Waddan. The proposed changes stipulate that mentions regarding the nation of Waddan be dropped and only current applicants or ongoing projects be disbursed by the treasury effectively ending the program in relation to the nation of Waddan. The reason for the proposed changes was to "alleviate concerns expressed by foreign partners in an effort to help create a climate of trust allowing for international trade to resume unhindered " which was diplomatic talk for making concessions in an effort to resume trade between the holy kingdom and the Rokkenjiman Empire.

The move was heavily criticized by Legion party leader Boris Kuzmin which stated on the floor of the Duma:

"What the Litvin administration asks this chamber today is nothing short of a capitulation. We are asked to throw the nation of Waddan under the bus in the hope of pleasing one of the most capricious foreign governments in Mundus. Our administration is so weak that it dares not even say out loud that the purpose of this capitulation is to please Rokkenjima.

In the last couple of days we have been inundated with data showing us how little trade Waddan does with other nations and even less so with us. But what the Litvin administration fails to understand is that this is not about Waddan but the trust our foreign partners can have in our decisions and willingness to keep them.

Lastly, I also urge my colleagues to think of the implications of the proposed amendments to the Good Samaritan program. The Holy Kingdom will sooner or later seek an agreement with the Gulf of Auraxis trade block. How will these negotiations go when one of the member nations, Waddan in this case, will have felt betrayed and see us as untrustworthy?"

Despite serious opposition and hours of debate, the amendments were adopted 50-49 with one member of the Duma abstaining.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile

Agreement between the Holy Kingdom and the Emirate of Royal Seleucid is ratified 

President of the Duma, Yeva Litvin, shortly after the agreement was ratified by the Duma

The Oak Palace ( ooc: the executive branch of the secular government) has announced that the Holy Kingdom and the Emirate have signed a comprehensive agreement that secures oil and gas shipments at discounted prices, cultural exchange programs related to the common history during the Great War Era, economic agreements related to the promotion of electric cars using Seleucid manufactured batteries and an elimination in tariffs for the automobile sector. Another major achievement was the agreement that payments for oil and gas be done in Seleucid Drachmas and Samantran Roubles (50-50) eliminating the use of foreign currencies for the trade of oil and gas. That being an aspect that the government and the financial sector care deeply about as they seek to reduce our dependence on foreign currency in trade and promote the use of the rouble.

The agreement is the first the Holy Kingdom signs with a Midaranye country and is part of the foreign policy agenda that seeks to secure and develop the energy needs of the nation. The agreement has been welcomed by both parties and it was of little surprise that it was adopted with a large bipartisan majority of 90-10 in the state Duma.

President of the Duma, Yeva Litvin had this to say after the ratification of the agreement:

"I would first like to thank my colleagues from both parties for approving this crucial agreement for the Holy Kingdom.

The Emirate of Royal Seleucid has been a trustworthy supplier of energy for the Holy Kingdom for decades. Regardless of the economic or political incidents like the very serious drought experienced a few years ago the Emirate supplied us with oil and gas without interruption.

The recently ratified agreement shows that relations between the two countries are not limited to energy and acknowledges the common struggles our nation faced during the Great War Era, seeks to better promote at home and abroad our history of the Great War Era conflict, to develop economic cooperation in the area of electric vehicles and promote tourism and bilateral trade by having the Holy Kingdom open a "pod" in the Blue Project, a world class center designed to promote trade, tourism, bilateral relations and understanding.

Before I conclude, I would like to thank our Seleucid counterparts and especially His Majesty King Heydar Soter for working with us to reach this agreement that strengthens both our nations.

Thank you and God bless the Holy Kingdom!"

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
President of the Duma, Yeva Litvin visits the Kingdom of Clysperis
« Reply #53 on: July 07, 2022, 04:03:50 PM »

President of the Duma, Yeva Litvin visits the Kingdom of Clysperis   

President of the Duma, Yeva Litvin, during the trip to the kingdom of Clysperis

President of the Duma, Yeva Litvin has made a short trip to the Kingdom of Clysperis following the public invitation by Queen Akasha for world leaders to visit the new sports facilities designed for the Clysperi bid for the Mundus Games.

President Litvin personally toured the sporting and accommodation facilities and has described them as "world class" praising the hosts for the level of preparation and dedication for the bid.

During the short visit, Ms. Litvin also met Derusmian president Feish with whom she had a brief exchange and took a couple of pictures for the press. This marks the first time the two leaders have meet in person. The trip did not schedule any formal meeting or talks with the Derusmian counterparts.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
President Litvin under fire for concessions made to Rokkenjima
« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2022, 07:54:21 PM »

President Litvin under fire for concessions made to Rokkenjima

President Litvin giving a statement at the Oak Palace after being grilled by some members of her cabinet

According to sources close the Oak Palace, this morning’s cabinet meeting was extremely tensed as several cabinet members lead by Minister of External Affairs Maria Mikhailov expressed harsh criticism over the President’s decision to make concessions to the Rokenjiman Empire in a manner that made Samantra looks weak and inconsistent. In the last couple of months Mrs. Maria Mikhailov has discretely distanced herself from the position of the cabinet lead by Ms. Yeva Litvin giving rise to speculation that she plans to run for the leadership of the party. And is in the process of creating a public image of moderation taking into consideration the concerns of the opposition worried and annoyed by Rokknejima’s bellicose attitude towards the Holy kingdom and the Abrahamic Declaration of Rights. 

The same sources say Minister for trade, economy and finance Stas Petrov, arguably the most influential of the cabinet members, was quiet throughout the meeting, a notable change since he is usually vocal in voicing support for President Yeva Litvin. Since Mr. Stas Petrov is very close to the interests of Petrograd’s financial sector and his lack of support for the President is concerning. Following the latest article in the Heyran based Defense Journal; political analysts speculate that Heyran companies are displeased with the recent concessions made by Samantra which have tarnished Samantra’s reputation in the Heyran Republic. Therefore they further speculate that Mr. Stas Petrov is currently in a wait and see approach before making a decision whether to support the President on the matter.

Following the cabinet meeting President Yeva Litvin delivered a brief statement:

“As you know, a few days ago the Duma has voted to approve changes to the Good Samaritan program, changes which I believe will open doors for diplomacy and talks to resume. I understand the decision was not an easy one and proved extremely controversial as the motion barely passed with 50 colleagues supporting and 49 against. I understand the concerns expressed by those opposed to the amendments and I assure them that I and the rest of the members of the cabinet are taking them into consideration. I also want to reiterate that the recent changes to the program do not reflect a change of policy in regards to the United Tribes of Waddan or its people. The Holy Kingdom remains committed to building good relations with Waddan and its partners in the Gulf of Auraxis Agreement.

That being said, I would like to confirm that the adopted changes to the Good Samaritan will be implemented according the law. I have voted for them in the Duma and I believe it is the right decision going forward for the Holy Kingdom. They will remove obstacles and create the opportunity for diplomacy to resume.

Thank you, God bless the Holy Kingdom!”

One political analyst has this to say following the speech:

“Victory has a thousand fathers but defeat is an orphan” is a well-known saying. Well today it seems that the Republican Party is making sure that this defeat is will not be an orphan. They have constrained the President to take full responsibility for the decision to amend the Good Samaritan program.”

When asked if this could eventually escalate to a resignation, the political analyst had this to say:

“I don’t think that will be the case. President Litvin took a big blow with the defeat of the Separation of Incomes Act at the ballot and has managed to remain standing though severely weakened in the polls. Right now this is nowhere near that level, at least not yet. She knew full well that making concessions on the Good Samaritan program to please the Rokkenjimans will hurt her politically but she didn’t expect the opposition to take advantage that well of the situation and make her look so weak and inconsistent to the electorate. On top of that she is now probably facing pressure from the Heyran business interests which have become significant foreign investors in our country. If the opposition can keep this fallout in the headlines for a week or two and also continue to present her as weak and unable to defend Samantran interests aboard then she will start going down in the polls. And when that happens I think the next cabinet meetings will make the one she had today seem like a walk in the park.“

When asked who stood to gain in the whole affair, the analyst had this to say:

“I think there’s no doubt that Empress Evanthe is the one who stands to gain. In April she was announcing that Samantra is “on the wrong side of history”. Less than three months later, despite preparations against Rokkenjiman sanctions, we now have Samantra changing its position on the issue. It doesn’t matter the Rokkenjimans alluded to the ideas of removing sanctions against Samantra if concessions are made. What matters is President Litvin caved and Empress Evanthe came on top. Now if she doesn’t remove sanctions on Samantra then it’s a knock out.”

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Minister Stas Petrov opens the Samantran pod in Royal Seleucid
« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2022, 08:01:50 PM »

Minister for trade, economy and finance Stas Petrov takes part in the opening ceremony of the Samantran Pod in the Royal Seleucid Blue project

The Blue project in Royal Seleucid

Minister for trade, economy and finance Stas Petrov flew to Royal Seleucid to take part in the opening ceremony of the Samantran pod of the Blue project which is a mini world fair for the nations of Midaranye. The Samantran pod is a six floor building showcasing for the visitors a glimpse of Samatra’s culture, cuisine, history and religion. Visitors can also explore business opportunities offered by Samantra companies that have a stand there.

Mr. Stas Petrov cut the ribbon officially opening the pod to the public saying “I am honored to open the Holy Kingdom’s contribution to the initiative that is the Blue Project. I have had the pleasure of visiting all the other pods and I am even more impressed now with the project. It’s been a memorable experience for me and I have great confidence that visitors will also appreciate what our pod has to offer. Thank you very much and enjoy our pod!”

According to sources, the Samantran pod was initially reserved for the Kingdom of Clysperis but since it was not used it was offered to the Holy Kingdom.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile

The State Duma ratifies the Abrahamic Declaration but support was not unanimous

Mrs. Karina Loginov announcing that she will be voting against the Abrahamic Declaration. Mrs. Loginov is not just out of step with the Samantran people but increasingly with her own party

The State Duma ratified the Abrahamic Declaration in a 90-10 which saw the radical faction of the Republican Party vote against the ratification. Mrs. Karina Loginov, prominent member of the radical faction of the Republican Party and known for her outrageous statements, expressed opposition to the ratification:

“I am once again in the position of voting against a proposal submitted by the government of my party. I have yet to see a single report about the impact the Abrahamic Declaration has on our laws and institutions. I find the statements made in this chamber that the Abrahamic Declaration does not concern the Duma but the spiritual government as ludicrous.  We have been elected to represent the Samantran people not to delegate that authority to the Samantran Orthodox Church. In fact I also object to the fact that the declaration was signed by the Patriarch and not the President of the Duma”.   

Historic Crimes Treaty is ratified by the Duma

Historic Crimes Treaty is ratified by the Duma with 95-5 votes. Those opposed to the Historic Crimes Treaty have raised concerns about the loss of sovereignty for the Holy Kingdom at little gain in return, with one Legion member of the Duma saying:

“I find the treaty well intended but superfluous for the Holy Kingdom. We create issues for the sovereignty of our country when our government would not harbor criminals and would cooperate on extraditing them should that ever happen. I understand the government wants to stand by nations such as Chistopol that have suffered immense harm at the hand of the Soviets but this is not the way to do it.”   

More nations sign the Abrahamic Declaration

Abertone will soon become the latest nation to sign the Abrahamic Declaration following the approval of the people of Abertone via a nationwide referendum. It is the first time the Abrahamic Declaration is put to the ballot and passed the test with a comfortable majority though below expectations in the Eastern part of the Empire of Abertone. The nation of Kermah has also signed the Declaration showing that a nation need not be majority of the Abrahamic religions to sign the declaration the treaty. The Minister of External affairs hailed the decision of the two nations to adopt the Rayyu authored Abrahamic Declaration.

A discrete business magnate received the National Order of Merit

Natacha Sokić after receiving the National Order of Merit for her role in developing the national economy via the investments in the Samantra Electronic Manufacture company

Natacha Sokić, Lodjan born business magnate was formally awarded the National Order of Merit. The discrete billionaire with ties to the Heyran Republic has invested heavily in opening the now very successful Samantra Electronic Manufacture plant in the port city of Lirom.
Mrs. Sokić received the award at the Oak Palace from the President of the Duma after the legislature voted unanimously for her to receive the award. President Litvin also spent a couple of hours with Mrs. Sokić in a private meeting discussing manners relating to the business environment in the country and what the government can do in order to support international investors to further invest in the Holy Kingdom.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Samantran ambassador to the kingdom of Clysperis is recalled
« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2022, 09:21:00 AM »

Samantran ambassador to the kingdom of Clysperis is recalled 

Trinitas TV news anchor

Following the inflammatory statements made by the Clysperi Queen which attacked the faith of Emir Sulaiman Samar El-Amin and the Abrahamic faiths in general by implying they are a thousand years behind in terms of morality, the Oak Palace has announced they are recalling his Excellency Ambassador Yuli Isaev to Petrograd to brief him on the change of policy regarding the kingdom of Clysperis. Recalling an ambassador is a rare gesture used by the Samantran secular government to show a high degree of discontent over the actions of the host country. The move is symbolic as diplomatic activity continues in the embassy as before.

According to sources the Oak Palace shares the discontent of the Samantran public and is furious that after supporting alongside the Kingdom of Nis the Clysperi bid, it has seen the Christian faith snubbed in such a manner by the Clysperi Queen. 

The Duma ratifies the Emerald Concord, the bilateral agreement with the Kingdom of Nis

The Duma has ratified the Emerald Concord, the bilateral treaty with the kingdom of Nis. The treaty formalizes the good relations between the two countries and opens the door for future cooperation in the future.
The agreement touches many aspects but the main ones are:

-lowering tariffs between the two nations
-the merger between of the two nations’ national railways to create a regional player Nissam Railway Company
- an agreement to construct the Nemanjić/Vladmir the Great Bridge across the Emerald Strait
- cultural student exchange programs between the universities of the two nations
- Kingdom of Nis will join the Holy Kingdom as founding member of the Institute for the Desovietization of the Rodinian Sea Countries
- Joint patrols of the Emerald Strait

Already representatives of the trade union of Samatran National Railways ( SNR) have raised concerns over the merger fearing potential layoffs as a result of the merger. Stas Petrov Minister for trade, economy and finance has announced that he will be meeting with the leadership of SNR and representatives of the trade union for talks and gave public assurances that no layoffs have been discussed.
The Nemanjić/Vladmir the Great Bridge project which is projected to cost 20 billion roubles/USD over the course of a decade was perhaps the biggest surprise of the agreement. The massive project will be a boon for the construction sector creating thousands of jobs and once completed will create greater integration between the two countries.

The treaty by the Duma was ratified 90-10 with large bipartisan support.

Massive nuclear agreement signed with Altonan counterparts

The Ministry of External Affairs has announced the formation of a joint company dealing with the production and sale of nuclear energy. The company will be a partnership between Samantran state companies and Altonan companies with the initial ownership being 51-49%. The company will be listed on both the Petrograd Stock Exchange and the Altonan one. According to the press release the initial order is of three floating nuclear reactors for a total estimate cost of 2.1 billion roubles/USD.

The agreement sees Samantra take the first steps in nuclear energy. While the initial stated goal of the new company is to sell nuclear energy aboard many fear that this will eventually lead to promoting nuclear energy for the domestic market.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
The Economy and Trade committee of the Duma saw heated debate
« Reply #58 on: July 21, 2022, 06:25:14 PM »

The Economy and Trade committee of the Duma saw heated debate the last couple of days

The Economy and Trade committee is one of the most important committees of the Duma, it is chaired by the Minister for Trade, Economy and Finance

Following news that the Rokkenjiman based Abstergo corporation is considering expanding to the Holy Kingdom, the domestic financial sector, led by the Rus’ International Bank, has lobbied the Duma to pass The Samantran Financial Data Act (SFDA) which mandates that any financial data processed by a company that is engaged in economic activity in Samantra must process and store the data only in the Holy Kingdom. According to experts the legislation aims to protect the integrity of Samantran citizen data so that it does not fall into the wrong hands including foreign governments but is also a protectionist measure aimed at making it harder for the Abstergo Corporation to expand on the Samantran market.

In order to reach the floor of the Duma, any legislation has to first pass through the relevant committees to ensure the final draft takes into account the current legislation and is its effects are considered by experts of different fields. The debates in the committees which are not generally open to the public usually last a few hours and determine whether the proposed legislature eventually reaches the floor of the Duma. However, SFDA proved very divisive with the committee taking no less than three days before voting on the proposal and giving a negative recommendation in a split 4-3 vote. Sources close to the committee say there was immense pressure on the members of the Duma from different interest groups. Samantran banks heavily promoted the legislation and were counting on the support of Minister for Trade, Economy and Finance Stas Petrov which also leads the committee. Opposing them was the Debtors’ Rights Association (DRA) which has a long history of attempting to curb the influence of Petrograd’s financial sector and has lobbied hard in opposing the legislation. Previous efforts of DRA have been unsuccessful under the current administration as it is no secret that Minister Stas Petrov is very close to the interests of Samantra’s financial sector and also worked for years as a lobbyist for them. What was different this time was the unexpected lobby of the Abstergo Corporation which coordinated well with DRA and other similar interests groups. According to sources that effort might not have been enough had it not been for the pressure coming inside the administration, mainly President Litvin, who supported tabling the bill for diplomatic reasons. The President efforts were unsuccessfully opposed by Minister of External Affairs Maria Mikhailov which argued the bill was a matter of national sovereignty rather than foreign affairs showing once again that members of the cabinet are far from united around President Litvin. Minister Stas Petrov eventually conceded and voted against the proposed bill and had it tabled which means the legislation will not go to the floor of the Duma for a vote.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
The Duma extends invitation to the Nisavan House of Barons
« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2022, 09:19:00 PM »

The Duma extends invitation to the Nisavan House of Barons

Trinitas TV news anchor

The President of the Duma, Yeva Litvin, extended a formal invitation to the Nisavan House of Barons to hold a joint session. Should the legislature of the Kingdom of Nis accept the invitation, it will be the first time since end of the monarchy and the emergence of the Holy Kingdom when the state Duma holds a joint session with the a foreign legislature.

The formal invitation mentions among others:

“The state Duma of the Holy Kingdom of Samantra has entrusted me to formally invite the honorable members of the House of Barons to Petrograd to hold a joint session about the issues concerning both our nations, to learn and understand about the legislative processes of each other’s nations and to exchange information so that we may better serve the Lord and our peoples.”

According to press office of the Duma, should the Nissavan counterparts agree, among the issues discussed between the members of the two legislature are: cross border cooperation, environmental issues regarding the Rus’s sea (ooc: Rodinian sea) and regional issues regarding the Rus’s sea countries.

First students ready to begin studying in the Kingdom of Nis

Tatiana, student at the Royal University of Petrograd, is one of the first Samantran students that will take advantage of the newly implement student exchange program with the universities of the Kingdom Nis.

Following the ratification of the Emerald Concord, the bilateral treaty with Nis, which provides for cultural exchange programs between the two nations, Samantran universities have been quick to make arrangements so that Samantran students have the opportunity to study in Nis. The spokesman for the Royal University of Petrograd, the first to take advantage of the program, has said that the student demand was high with many students citing cultural and religious affinities as main reasons for wanting to study in Nis. Other cited reasons were affordability since prices in Nis tend to be lower than in Petrograd.

Other universities in the nation have announced that they will soon offer the same opportunities to their students to study in Nis and are making preparations to receive students from Nis.