Author Topic: An Emir's Shopping Trip  (Read 2607 times)

Offline Rayyu

• Order Of The Pen
  • Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Rayyu
An Emir's Shopping Trip
« on: November 28, 2021, 07:42:30 PM »
"Botros how am I supposed to be taken seriously" Emir Sulaiman Samar El-Amin casually tossed a brochure onto the lap of his most trusted friend, Botros Najjar.

"A man is not judged by a plane my friend" Botros was the Emir's former dorm mate during their time at Sheikh Mirza Hussain Al-Amin Academy and while the Emir had gone off to University to study sciences Botros had been more of a scholar having graduated with his own degree in International Politics. The pair had remained close friends, Botros even being the grooms-man at his wedding. "Look at the respected leaders of this world, why are they respected? If you consider this I think their mode of transport is low down the list." With that said Botros tossed the article by EMAC showing some of "Ironside One" back at his monarch. "If you ask me this trip is an unneccessary one."

"It will do us good to be seen around the world. New trade links, new partners. The people in the Gulf are a good start but I wish Rayyu to the envy of Mundus and that won't do with us showing up everytime we go somewhere in a ridiculous small plane. I want to be hosting banquets in mid air as I jet set from nation to nation." the Emir seemed to drift away in his hopes of extravagance.

"If you will it." Botros teased as he returned to his book on the History of Alba Karinya. The Emir meanwhile was flicking through the pages of a tailors brochure and then moments later that of a car manufacturer from Heyra. It would be a non-stop four days of visits but at the end of which the Emir had hoped to have his new years wardrobe, a new luxury VIP aircraft and supercar all tied up. While he was proud of what his nation could do and achieve they perhaps lacked the reputation at the moment for such high end products as he would hopefully acquire. While the visit was an unofficial one he had though got the agreement of the East Moreland crown to some sort of face to face meeting, if only as a gesture of one royal family to another. With a touch of excitement about the trip, mainly for the EMAC visit the Emir noticed their impending landing in East Moreland.

Soon the aircraft doors opened and a polite, smartly dressed rent-a-steward wished them a safe trip as they exited.

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: East Moreland / Royal Seleucid
Re: An Emir's Shopping Trip
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2022, 10:02:24 PM »
OOC- Sorry had been looking for this in Diplomacy

"Your Highness. Welcome to East Moreland." Duchess Orlaith Kade greeted the Emir and his friend. "I am Duchess Orlaith of Osmett, I serve as Foreign Minister of East Moreland and I am proud to say the cousin of His Majesty King David who sends his greetings. The Morelanders had received the notification of the Emir's visit however it was not requested that it be a formal visit between Heads of State, that disappointed King David slightly however he supposed the Emir would have his own reasons for that. Either way it was only polite for the King at some point to meet the Emir and that meeting would come that evening in Silverhills when more than likely the Emir had concluded his business for the day. "We've got a table booked for this evening at a traditional Morelander restaurant in Silverhills with you, your friend the King and Queen, if there is anyone else you would like to attend then please let us know, we've a private dining room arranged and rest assured the kitchen has been briefed that everything needs to be Halal, I'm hoping we've got that correct?" Orlaith considered the challenges of a Halal East Moreland meal but that wasn't her concern it would be the SaltPlatters Chef.

As the Duchess walked with the Emir and Botros away from the aircraft towards a waiting car another vehicle arrived and Sir Alan Maybury stepped out. "Your Highness, Your Grace" he nodded respectfully to each, "I apologise for my lateness as I was finalising things for the visit to our facility here." Sir Alan would be having the first crack at selling the Emir something and was cursing himself that he had made a poor first impression. "If you'd care to join me." He had a chaueffer open the back of the vehicle and waited for the Emir to board the vehicle. It was not a long drive from Northfort's King Robert Airport to EMAC's test facilities. It was here all manner of their gadgets were made. Sir Alan took the Emir into a beautifully appointed lounge, the walls covered in images showing an almost timeline of EMAC's developments. On one wall a large window looked out onto what could be described as a factory floor where teams were busy putting together a variety of bits and pieces ranging from a helicopter to what looked like a Dragonling fighter. "Can we get you some tea?" Sir Alan asked as he turned on a huge TV screen just as there was a knock on the door.

A young woman in her early twenties wearing a blue poloshirt and cargo pants all emblazened with the EMAC logo entered. Sir Alan introduced her, "Your Highness this is Katelyn, she's one of our team of designers for luxury private jets. Now my understanding is that you'd like something similar to Ironside One. My team can put together a very solid product in terms of avionics, performance, sensors, security etc, but the bits you as the passenger are most likely to be interested in is the bit where you'll spend your time so we usually allow our clients to design the bit they'll use and then we do the rest."

"I'm very excited" Katelyn was plugging a laptop into the TV to bring up a variety of 3D design tools. "With this I can build an interior exactly to your specifications, we can view it in 3D and then when your totally happy we can go down to our Virtual Reality suite and you can even walk around it. This was you can practically try before you buy." She brought up pictures of three aircraft as Sir Alan poured tea and took a seat to oversee proceedings. "So Emir Sulaiman we have three standard bodies to choose from the Royal Flight, which was the first Ironside One, its a small model that can be rather comfortable but probably not best for cross continent visits. We then have the Skytrain II this is the base for the current Ironside One and gives a whole host of options. Then finally we have is the E-400 a mid-size business jet that gives some good options. Do you have a preference?" Katelyn asked.

Offline Rayyu

• Order Of The Pen
  • Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2022, 09:09:07 PM »
Spending vast sums of money should be an experience and it was clear that this was a pretty special way of doing it. The Emir would have preferred a man to be the designer, precision engineering was more their field but he would have to accept that these Morelanders had some funny ideas but impressive results. The Emir sat sipping tea, it wasn't as sweet as that he enjoyed back home but it was pleasant enough. After Katelyn had talked him through the process he was impressed with the whole procedure. "Miss Katelyn" he leaned forward and placed his cup of tea neatly on the table. "I want as far as possible what your own King has, maybe some more interior work refined to the tastes of Rayyu and a paint job in green." he explained. "The Skytrain will be the one" he announced. "Now inside I would like a bedroom for two people and a guest one. I would like an office attached to the main one with everything kind of being marble, I suspect that will need to be fake because of weight but I like the idea of a fine marble desk even. In the main body I would like seats to be leather, but it must be Halal leather on this matter there can be no negotiation. I will put you in touch with our own supplier and they will be thrilled to work with you on this." The floors must be again the impression of white marble. I would also like somewhere to watch cinema or sports with friends and family as we travel. Add to this all the safety gadgets, missile launchers, forcefields and other magical items you use to protect your own King." he chuckled. "Is this possible Miss Katelyn?"

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2022, 09:54:26 PM »
Marble that wasn't marble? Katelyn wasn't exactly sure whether they had such a thing in stock. She was sure though that she could probably come up with something through using laminate of some sort. They had marble effect kitchen tops in the kitchen attached to their office so it must be possible to make a whole desk from it. "Well Your Majesty the paint job is simple enough if you like we could even paint it in the exact style of your flag." She tapped a few buttons and the Skytrain in the suggested pattern appeared. "In terms of the seats we have our own seamstresses and patterns but they will work with any material you wish, if I give you the dimensions needed then we can either buy it ourselves direct or you can acquire it yourself. As for the cinema we can put in a huge screen with audio in the seats meaning they can either listen directly to it or utilise headphones. As for the magic force-fields we will of course add in such things as a full electronic warfare suite to allow aircrews to defend themselves against incoming threats, likewise we can put in chaff, decoy and various other countermeasures to keep you safe. An exact copy of Ironside One won't be permitted as the Ironside family do not allow it as they don't want anyone to reverse engineer the arrangements for their own security but it wouldn't be an issue." She had been busily tapping away and now showed the Emir a 3D rendering of the interior of the plane. Using a gaming console control column he could steer through the interior. "If everything is to your liking we can show you it in virtual reality and you can make even minor changes to things like desk heights and the like." Katelyn waited for the seal of approval or instructions to change things. 

Offline Rayyu

• Order Of The Pen
  • Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2022, 11:49:17 PM »
The Emir wasn't well versed in video games, his 8 year old daughter Rabi'a  had once taken him on a guided tour of her Minecraft Princess Tower but that was probably the only time he'd held a controller like this. It though didn't take long for him to get used to and in no time he was walking into and out of all the various parts that made up his potential new plane. "I like it" the Emir announced having done two ups and downs of the aircraft. "Let us try this Virtual Reality" he waited patiently for it to be set up before donning the headset, it was incredible it instantly felt like he was inside the aircraft. He was opening draws, moving chairs and could even see out the window of the aircraft. It seemed like they were flying over some high mountains topped with snow, he wondered if that was the Alps of East Moreland. Twenty minutes later having inspected every part of the plane he took the head set off. "Miss Katelyn I am impressed with your work. Now I know a little about the systems you mentioned but I do know a lot about EMAC's reputation. If you tell me you can make a system that does what Ironside One does without it being Ironside One then we can go ahead with that."

The Emir turned to Sir Alan "Sir I am impressed with this whole set up. I potentially have some friends back home who would be interested in smaller, less technical private jets made to these standards. I propose that for each one of these customers I get a 10% finders fee which means as a result I earn some money back on this rather large investment. With the skills of Miss Katelyn here I am sure you can upsell the interiors to cover my fee." The Emir wasn't done there, "I understand EMAC are also in the market for sports teams. We're not a huge sporting nation but we do enjoy the idea of sports. You have been until now buying existing teams and changing their names yes? We operate a franchise system in our league, no promotion, no relegation. The franchises come up in a few months and rumour has it one team, Al-Sharaw, will be out of the run for keeping theirs, the chemical company that supports them has not been doing so well and is looking at merging with another company and they already support a team. What I propose is that EMAC step in and offer to take a franchise. You could call the team what you want, locate it wherever in Rayyu you wanted, within reason and for the next ten years its yours. I would ensure you are given a favourable chance and we have the Bahla International Sports Complex nearing completion, for a fee of $2,000 a game we could make it your home. What do you think?"

Online DaveIronside

• Roleplay Moderator
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2022, 11:52:21 PM »
Sir Alan was pleased, there was clearly just one awkward thing to bring up. It was always the bit that seemed a little impolite but business meant it couldn't be avoided. "In theory I like the idea of you bringing your friends to us and I have no problem giving you a fee for your recommendations." Sir Alan was confident that they could upsell their equipment with ease when people saw it, in addition 90% of a new customers money was better than no new customer. "Sadly comes the painful part of the deal." Sir Alan handed over a document fresh from the printer. It was itemised and at the bottom was the price of the proposed Rayyu aircraft "The price will be $420million.....give or take a few bits of spare change." Sir Alan tried to make light of the amount. "I know this is much more than a normal airliner however please keep in mind you're having some unique systems designed and the contract will include a clause that those will not be used in any other design without your say so. Now as for the football team we'd love to get involved and I'll have my sports people head out to Rayyu in the next few days to check the situation out. I'm no football expert, for me the balls the wrong shape, but we recognise many nations love the sport. If we go ahead then I'd be delighted if you'd be our guest at a game some time."

Offline Rayyu

• Order Of The Pen
  • Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2022, 11:19:58 PM »
The Emir took the piece of paper that was itemised and without much inspection folded it up and placed it in his inside pocket. One of the men who had accompanied the Emir reached into his own inside pocket and removed a cheque book and filled in everything before handing the book to the Emir who briefly double checked the amount and then scribbled his signature before handing it to Sir Alan. "I am looking forward to hosting you at a game when you're next in Rayyu" he shook Sir Alan by the hand, "Miss Katelyn I look forward to seeing your creation come to life and I hope you and your family will accept a visit to Rayyu to see the final product when it is finished." He bowed slightly to the engineer.

The Emir bid farewell to the EMAC team and rejoined the Duchess Orlaith Kade. "I like EMAC" the Emir declared, "If they are a benchmark of excellence and service I look forward to my next stop" He flattered the Duchess. "I would like to acquire a suit for this evening. Where do you suggest?" he asked the Foreign Minister a perhaps demeaning question.