Author Topic: The Circle of Kheobanaqpieri (Mktvartvelo)  (Read 1877 times)

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Mktvartvelo (primary nation)
The Circle of Kheobanaqpieri (Mktvartvelo)
« on: December 19, 2021, 02:01:49 PM »
Tsiteligoraki district, Azavrelia
Qinvalisi 22, 2677

"Nonsense", Ketilshobili Shengelaia said. "Your daughter at 20 has already started adulthood. It is already time to prepare her future".

"That is what I thought, indeed", Imedi Vachnadze said. "I don't want to rush it, of course, but it's time to think about it".

"Sure, we have to done it carefully, of course", Ketilshobili replied. "However, although it is understandable, the youth has too many delusions nowadays".

"That's true, Mrs. Shengelaia", Imedi said.

"You can address me directly, my dear", Ketilshobili replied, "as I hope that, sooner than later, some of our blood will help to give form a being carrying yours".

"Of course!", Imedi replied. "That's my wish. Although it may be too soon, but I hope that will be the case. Tinatin is the brightest of my children, I can say proudly, and I am sure she will be a great mother...between many things".

"I'm sure that will be the case!", Ketilshobili replied. "You have met my nephew I'm the past, I was told, he has only grown stronger in the last years. Despite his youth, he has already started to gain her own position. It is expected that he will soon have a more active role either here or in the capital city. He has a great future, but he still need to gain experience before considering greater goals. Our main business are likely to be in good hands for a while, fortunately, but eventually younger blood will be needed. And nothing helps more to secure that experience to have the right person on your side, you may know well".

"Indeed...", Imedi said. "Your nephew seems to be a promising man. I'm certain that he will be".

"Certainly", Ketilshobili added. "And regarding with we were mentioning a few moments ago", she continued, "as a young woman of her time, I'm sure that, despite some doubts natural at her age, your daughter probably awaits to enjoy becoming a full citizen sooner than later".

"She probably does, indeed", Imedi said, "I know she does...".

"Anyway", Ketilshobili added, "if you don't mind we leave our main topic for one moment. How is your brother doing?".

"Oh", Imedi replied. "he's doing fine but very busy these days, as you can imagine...We met last week, as he was here before going back to Ktsatskuri".

"I can imagine!", Ketilshobili said. "It's being almost a year since the last time I saw him, send him my greetings and late congratulations for the birth of Givi".

"I'll do", Imedi replied.

"I have trust on him and I'm sure the Council of State gained a lot with him", Ketilshobili continued. "I'm convinced that he is going to be one of the members who will help to take the right decision".

"Of course", Imedi replied. "He takes his role very seriously, I'm aware. It's a honour for all the family".

"However", Ketilshobili added, "I'm concerned about some of the things are being said these days. I have lived enough to remember rougher times, even if I was only a teen in the 1970s. It seems some people are willing to do some analogies about one's ancestors did one century ago, and not about much recent and more obvious ones...While I respect and admire the Prime Minister for his work and experience, of course, but I feel that it would be better, as our nation's history proves, that the main offices of our nation, particularly the most important ones, are separated by both blood and personal interest. Anyway, send my good wishes and our confidence to your brother as soon as it is possible. We can continue with our main affair. Excuse me".

"No worries!", Imedi exclaimed. "I'll do so, of course".

Prime Minister's Office, Ktsatskuri
Qinvalisi 24, 2677

"I'm sorry", Minister Levan Gamsakhurdia said, "but my meeting with my cousin's wife took longer than I expected".

"It's fine", Prime Minister Gela Berdzenishvili replied. "I hope at least the meetings was productive enough".

"I heard your cousin's father-in-law is not that in good terms with others Metevze, however", intervened Deputy Minister Chrdilan Meskhishvili. "It's always good to gain another vote, but it would be harder to mobilize the rest of them".

"Yes, that be the case", Gela said, "but they should be aware about the door that may be opening for them as well".

"Any late information?", Levan inquiried.

"Not much", Chrdilan replied. "My source told me that Mrs. Bendukidze's supporters were included to at least 31 members. Mr. Djorbenadze seems to confirm as our main rival as his support may have increased to 14-18 members, depending whom you were talking about. And I can say that Your Excellency have increased to 11 voters as a third option".

"That's a honour", Gela said. "Anyway, I hope they follow our people's advice as the final vote gets closer. Anything more?".

"Not much", Chrdilan answered. "It seems that the Tbagaqinuli may make it as well, as she has gained the support of the Ertviani it seems, as well as some permanent deputies appointed during Endzela's reign...I was not that some of the oldest members would be difficult to gain as her mother died a few years ago".

"It would be a weird choice...", Levan said, "but I hope the tradition is in your favour".

"Some representatives from the clergy seemed to be behind Tavadze", Chrdilan continued. "He would be a hard rival at the end, but elected members may not be to keen for his candidacy".

"You mean the judge?", Levan asked.

"Indeed", Chrdilan replied.

"I hope you are right", Gela added. "He would be a seriously problematic choice for us. I may need to talk with my sister".

"There were other names which were mentioned", Chrdilan continued, "particularly from the Gabedi, the Pridoni, and the Metevze, but their chances probably weakened in the last day, I was told".

"Well, it does not sound too bad", Gela replied. "We can't force this too much, after all, it could be backfire. Let's be prudent and hope all the hard work gives us a good result, for us and our nation, of course".

"Indeed, Your Excellency", Chrdilan replied.

"Well", Levan added, "at the end, it may be easier that it seemed only a few weeks ago. The numbers may the safer than I expected. Postponing this moment wasn't that required, after all...".

"It's too early to say", Gela said. "Let's hope that's the case".

"Indeed", Levan replied. "But we could be about to secure our position and plans for, maybe, a long time. It will be easier to fulfill them with those guarantees".

"Yes, Levan", Gela said. "It will save us so much time and effort...We will be able to move forward without more serious obstacles. That day may have finally come".

« Last Edit: January 23, 2024, 12:36:00 PM by paralipomena »

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
Re: The Circle of Kheobanaqpieri (Mktvartvelo)
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2022, 07:59:18 PM »

The Shoreuli Sakhli Palace, one of the seven official residences of the Brzdmtsveli, lies on the left bank of the Ktsamdinare river, in southwestern Ktsatskuri, at 550 m above the sea level. Most of the district where the palace is found has the shape of an amphitheatre surronded by mountains on three sides. Those mountains became a significant barrier for urban development, leaving the district with a rather lower population density compared to other districts of the capital city.  It was precisely in the palace where Brzdmtsveli Tamara I was arrested during the 1886 coup d'etat, as the area around the palace was easy to block as consequence of the urban design of the time.

Ketevan herself had visited the palace twice more than two decades ago. Now, she visited it for a third time in very different circumstances. She felt that the area and the palace itself was not as flashy as she remembered.

"Welcome", Gocha Gvasalia said, as the Brzdmtsveli and her family entered. "It is been a long time, Your Most High Majesty", he almost forgot to ask.

"Thanks", Ketevan replied. "I see you have taken care of this place".

"Yes, of course", Gocha said. "This place has been rather calm", he explained, "only the Maghalikhavani has been lived here in the last five years or so, and she did not received many visits, of course".

"Has she already left?", Ketevan asked. She had not seen her since Tsitelibneli Sakhli Palace, and she did not wish to meet her today.

"No, she has left a few days ago, Your Most High Majesty", Gocha explained. "We had agree her departure months ago with His Most High...I mean, late Brzdmtsveli, in case anything like this happened in the future. It took to prepare everything a few more days than expected, but we could help her to move back with her family without any disturbance".

"Glad to hear", Ketevan replied, as they walked through the main hall of the house. "I feel some changers or maybe my memories are not too precise".

"Of course, you are not wrong", Gocha replied. "The Lomidze's family did some changes more than a decade ago. Her late Velaze Maghali Dedopali used to spend most of her Summers here, until her sad passing".

"Ah, I can see", Ketevan replied. "I guess you have been quite bored all these years".

"Oh! Not really, Your Most High Majesty!", Gocha said with a rather soft tone. "I did my best to fulfill my duties. These is always something important to do in such honorary positions".

"It must have been still a quite downgrade compared to your role for Endzela", Ketevan insisted.

"It was a honour to serve her for so many years, of course", Gocha replied. "Those were the happiest days of my life, at least professionally".

"I understand", Ketevan said.

"I must say that you haven't changed much in all these years, Your Most High Majesty", Gocha added.

"C'mon, Mr. Gvasalia", Ketevan replied, "don't try to flatter me after all these years".

"Excuse me", Gocha replied, "but that's my sincere feeling, Your Most High Majesty!".

"It could be that your memories are confusing you", Ketevan said with a slightly playful entonation.

"I don't feel that's the case, as I just said, Your Most High Majesty", Gocha seriously replied, "but you are right! I'm not that young anymore, after all...In any case, it will be a pleasure to help you and your family to install here, if you need any help. I have the satisfaction of having fulfill my duties, I judge, not without modesty, with all the best I could...I'm grateful enough and I hope that I'll be able to find a more modest occupation for my last years if that's your will, Your Most High Majesty". He finished his last sentence bowing his head.

"Well", Ketevan immediately said, without pretending to look very attentive and as if she was willing to change of topic, "I don't plan to stay here during the week. I feel that my husband and my sons will find this place comfortable, so I would like to have everything prepared immediately. When I have time, I'll try to accomodate some rooms for when I come here".

"That's understandable, Your Most High Majesty", Gocha replied. "I'll try to help with that, I can coordinate if you need it".

"Of course, thanks", Ketevan replied. "Anyway, yesterday I met Mr. Mamardashvili as well. What's your opinion about him?".

"Oh", Gocha replied, "I only dealt with him the first years. More recently, we have had a fluid relationship, of course, as he contacted me about this home is concerned, when anything needed to be prepared or some problem or circumstance arose. All I can say is that he is certainly a good professional, knows what he does, and I don't think our late Brzdmtsveli ever complained...rather the contrary, I can imagine".

"That's precisely what I was told, indeed", Ketevan said. "However, there are circumstances that make difficult the kind of trust I'm looking for, as you can imagine".

"It's not easy to find a Secretary with enough experience on these matters, of course", Ketevan continued. "Would you be interested to return to your previous job, Mr. Gvasalia, at least temporarily, if I don't ask too much?".

"Oh, Your Most High Majesty!", a surprised Gocha answered, "if that's what you need, I would be pleased to help and serve you, of course. There is no doubt about that. It would be such a huge honour if that's your decision".

"I'm pleased to hear that", Ketevan replied. "It would help with the beginning. In any case, we will be preparing the relocation these days. I hope you can help to coordinate it with my assistants in the coming days".

"Yes, of course, Your Most High Majesty!", Gocha replied. "I'll do my best of course, it will be a pleasing task".

"Nice to hear", Ketevan replied. "I would like to see in detail the second floor, if you don't mind".

"Of course!", Gocha replied. "I'll tell Mesam to show you your palace, Your Most High Majesty".

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2022, 11:28:30 AM »
Office of the Brzdmtsveli, Ktsatskuri

"Chairman Tsiskaridze has arrived, Your Most High Majesty", Nana told Ketevan.

"Alright", Ketevan replied, "I was already waiting him to come. Tell him to enter".

"Yes, Your Most High Majesty", Nana replied.

As Vakhtang Tsiskaridze entered the room, he realized some changes had been made. The desk looked much clearer and the atmosphere was rather dazzling compared to his previous visit. However, his own thoughts were mostly diverted about the face he had just seen. He felt he had seen her before but he couldn't remember exactly where.

"Good morning", the Chairman said, "Your Most High Majesty".

"Good morning!", Ketevan replied. "How is everything going?".

"Oh", the Chairman answered, "quite well. I received your dossier and we'll work on it as soon as possible. I felt it was a good proposal, I'll coordinate with the Prime Minister the preparations for such travel".

"Good to hear", Ketevan said. "However, is that the purpose of your visit today?", she asked.

"Not entirely, Your Most High Majesty", answered Vakhtang, who hadn't felt as if that was an actual question. "I believe the main thing we should focus in the coming months is the appointments to the Council of State...There is no hurry, of course, and it is a very serious and important decision that you probably want to have serious thoughts when considering possible nominations, so you may wish to take your time, of course. I offer my assistance in the meantime, if you need any help or advice, certainly. Although these last months are likely to become rather calm in the Council, it's recommendable to have to have some advanced work before the start of the year. And of course, we always need to be prepared to any eventual unexpected event".

"Your offer of help will be much appreciated, Chairman", Ketevan replied. "Although I'm not planning to die that soon", she joked.

"Of course, Your Most High Majesty!", Vakhtang replied. "Not exactly what I meant, but you understand that we should always be prepared. As the most senior members of our Council say, it's not just the preparation and suitability of the candidates that counts, and we have no doubts about them, but their appointment is always understood, by the society, the political actors, the media, and even beyond, as an indirect address to the nation about governance style and preferences...".

"I understand that", Ketevan said. "I plan to work on that as soon as it is possible, I'll let you know as soon as I have clearer thoughts on this issue".

"Excellent, Your Most High Majesty", Vakhtang replied. "I have some suggestions if you need them as well".

"I can imagine, Chairman", Ketevan replied. "I'll be interested to hear about those. If you excuse me, I'm having a busy day today. Maybe we can continue this conversation soon".

"I hope so", Vakhtang replied. "I understand of course. Have a nice day, Your Most High Majesty".

"Nana, accompany Mr. Tsiskaridze", Ketevan ordered through the intercom on her desk".

"Oh, don't worry, Your Most High Majesty", Vakhtang said with a smile. "I know the way out quite well after all! See you soon", he added as he bowed before leaving the office.

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2022, 06:39:13 PM »

Office of the Brzdmtsveli, Ktsatskuri

"Excuse me for waiting too long, Prime Minister. It's been a rather busy day", Ketevan said without sounding too sorry.

"Never mind, Your Most High Majesty...", Gela replied.

"You can sit down", Ketevan added, pointing at the sofa at the other side of the room.

"Alright", Gela said. "I see you have already made a few changes".

"Indeed", Ketevan said. "I prefer to work in a balanced and comfortable atmosphere. Most of what's missing was moved to the guest rooms or the Winter House. I feel they make more sense there".

"I judge your judgement, of course", Gela said. "But if you excuse me...", he added, "I don't think we are here to talk about the furniture". He had finished the sentence with a wide smile.

"Of course not, Prime Minister", Ketevan said. "You can start".

Thanks", Gela replied. "First, I read the dossier that I was sent to me. I'd say that the proposals look agreeable, some issues may be unexpected but still interesting. The list of names was certainly interesting as well...However, giving the calendar, the implementation may not be that workable".

"Oh, I understand that!", Ketevan replied. "I'd be glad to hear any suggestion or comment on this issue. Although I prefer to work with people whom I trust".

"It is understandable, Your Most High Majesty", Gela said. "It will be a pleasure to work with you, don't get me wrong...But everyone has a different role, of course".

"Indeed", Ketevan said. "I understand that as well".

"In case I hadn't your confidence, however", Gela continued, "I simply offer my resignation. Our team has worked hard but I'm certain that they would understand my decision, in case I hadn't enough support to fulfill our program and aims in behalf of the nation".

"I know you have been working hard, of course", Ketevan replied. "I don't have reasons o doubt about your efforts, rather the contrary. I would prefer to work with my agenda these weeks...I assume that you will be quite busy as well in the coming weeks. I thought it would be a good start, but we can accelerate the travel if that works better for you, of course. I don't plan to interfere for the llast weeks of the year. You have my word. We can continue this discussion if circumstances change".

"I'm confident they won't", Gela replied. "I may not be that young anymore but we have many things to offer the nation. I still feel my work is half done".

"It's a good feeling", Ketevan replied. "I wish you good luck, of course. For last, I'd rather center on your thoughts about the order of the travels".

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2022, 01:23:46 AM »

Shoreuli Sakhli Palace, Ktsatskuri

"A lovely day, isn't it?", Ketevan said.

"Certainly", Ketilshobili Shengelaia replied, "at least today is not raining...Excuse me, Your Most High Majesty, I'd prefer to sit down a bit. I'm not that young anymore".

"Of course!", Ketevan replied. "On the left there is a stone bench. Anyway, we have known each other for a long time, being not that far far family I'd say, no need for such formalities when we are alone."

"Indeed. I haven't forgotten about those old benches, I remember them very well", Ketilshobili said. "And you're right, I still remember seeing you in these gardens when you were still a teenager".

"You must have an excellent memory", Ketevan replied with a smile, "I only remember visiting this place only about twice during your years".

"Oh, I'm old enough but my memory works well enough", Ketilshobili replied, "or it could be simply that your late mother was always someone that left an impact in every occassion".

"I have no doubts about that", Ketevan said. They finally sat down. "How long are you going to stay here?".

"Oh, in Ktsatskuri?", Ketilshobili replied. "I have some things to attend, but only a few days. I'll return to Azavrelia on the weekend. So you only came to this place on the weekends, right?".

"That's right", Ketevan replied. "The boys are old enough. I prefer to keep certain calm and distance, as far as it is possible. This is being such a sudden change for us all. In any case they arrive from school only late in the evening during the week".

"Naturally", Ketilshobili said. "Although I believe you have better options. An excellent school somewhere else would help them to develop their personality better".

"I considered that", Ketevan said. "Probably after the Summer. It could be a good experience, indeed".

"But the girls are staying with you, right?", Ketilshobili inquiried.

"That's right", Ketevan replied. "I'm not that keen to do it in this case", she explained. "After all, they have only spent a few years with us. I feel it's a bit different".

"I understand that concern...", Ketilshobili replied. "However, they should be grateful of their present situation, after all. I'm sure they would adapt easily, even more than your sons, and they would be understand it. I have no doubts about that".

"You may be right", Ketevan said. "Anyway, what caused your delay?".

"Oh, nothing important", Ketilshobili answered. "It had been a long time since I was involved in such situation, as I'm not doing these things directly anymore, that I had to postpone a meeting in behalf of one of our kin, to prepare a marriage. You may have know the Sagaradze, from the Kurdgheli".

"Ah", Ketevan, "I have a feeling that I know who you are talking about. Not very sociable people, I'd say, but not a bad choice. Is it happening soon?".

"I hope so!", answered Ketilshobili. "Not long after she graduates from college, that's our plan. But before that, I'd like to have the arrangement done in the first months of the year".

"I see", Ketevan replied, slightly curious. "Has the fortunate couple met yet?".

"No, not yet", Ketilshobili replied with a smile. "Everything must be done at the right moment".

"I guess so", Ketevan simply replied. "You know how the youth is nowadays. I wish you good luck with this personal endeavor".

"Thank you", Ketilshobili replied. "Yes, they certainly get wrong and confusing ideas about family. It's not new, certainly, but they may feel lost without a clear guidance, with such confusing signals everywhere".

"Anyway", Ketilshobili continued, "we were kinda surprised about the cabinet annoucement. They did not feel a great deal".

"Well", Ketevan replied. "I did not want to force my hand so early. I felt it was not the right thing to do. Anyway, things may change soon. But I realized that it's going to be more difficult than I expected to have a constructive relationship, in the current situation".

"Yes, I'm not surprised", Ketilshobili said. "You're indeed right, the first decisions, the first speeches, always leave a right mark that has a longer impact".

"I don't think I could control myself if I was in your situation", she added with a slightly joking smile, "but it's better to avoid an unforced error so soon".

"It would be a bit worthless if we end the year in the same situation", Ketevan said with a more serious voice. "The signals that we have are, of course, not very clear. However, it may be a bit late".

"I understand", Ketilshobili replied. "I'll try to help on that. In this case, my influence is more limited, as I don't usually deal with this kind of affairs directly, of course. But I can do my best so the right funds reach to the right people. It may be enough but it may do a different, after all".

"Don't overdo things, of course", Ketevan added. "Don't misunderstand me. But the current situation puts me in a complicated situation. Without enough trust, we won't move to the right direction. And currently, I'm not able to do so without ending in an uncomfortable situation".

"Yes, my dear", Ketilshobili said. "You know that I don't follow these things that closely, of course, but I'm not surprised. Gela spent too much time around the shadows, waiting for his moment, and he has probably become too clingy about an unexpected situation that died out. I'll do my best".

"I don't expect miracles, of course", Ketevan replied, "but thank you for your mediation". As she ended the sentences, she looked at the sky.

"Not a good luck now", Ketilshobili said. "It looks like it's going to rain again soon".

"Probably", Ketevan replied. "Let's enter. We can have a tea before you leave".

"If it's not asking too much", Ketilshobili said, "it will be a glass of wine for me...if you don't mind, Your Most High Majesty".

"Sure", Ketevan replied with a smile.

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2022, 02:49:52 PM »

Shoreuli Sakhli Palace, Ktsatskuri

"Welcome!", Ketevan exclaimed. "It's been a long time. How have you been?".

"I guess so!", Zhuldyz replied. "All is great. I have been quite busy lately as well, as you know".

"How are the kids?", Ketevan asked. "I would love that you bring them the next time you come".

"Sure", Zhuldyz replied. "Your Most High Majesty, that would be a honour...".

"Oh, please!", Ketevan interrupted her. Both laughed.

"But imaging barely one year ago, that you would be living in such a shack...not bad", Zhuldyz joked.

"Come on!", Ketevan replied with a smile. "It is not a special, although it had a strange feeling at the beginning, of course. Although I read that's not that you complain precisely about new houses".

"I can see that news travel fast to the palace", Zhuldyz replied with a smile.

"Precisely in palace", Ketevan said. "Wouldn't you like to share a drink? Let’s move to the living room”, she added while taking two glasses.

“Not bad!”, Zhuldys exclaimed as they entered the room. “Those paintings look familiar”.

“Indeed”, Ketevan said. “I gave it my own touch”.

“I see”, Zhuldys replied. “Thanks”, she added, as Ketevan poured win from a bottle of wine she just took from one of the cupboards. “Not bad, not bad!”, she said with a smile while tasting the wine.

“You have spent quite a time abroad lately, isn’t it?, Ketevan asked.

“Yes, indeed”, Zhuldys replied. “I have many things to attend”.

“Your tasks only seen to increase”, Ketevan added with a smile. “I was told that you’re joining [Minister] Arakishvili team”.

“Oh”, Zhuldys replied, “that’s going to be completely different. I feel I’m going to enjoy it. It’s something quite different for a change”.

“That’s what I imagine”, Ketevan replied. “Will you stay for dinner?”.

“I don’t think so”, Zhuldys answered. “My flight to Azavrelia is quite early in the morning”.

“Well”, Ketevan replied, “anyway, we have still some time ahead”.

“Indeed”, Zhuldys replied. “Let’s enjoy the evening”.

“Oh, I forgot”, she added, “They will not forgive me if I don’t invite you to the stadium again”, she said, just before finishing her glass.
“Right now, you should know that I couldn’t simply show up…”, Ketevan replied. “If you don’t mind, let me put some music. This room feels rather empty for just both.

“Sure”, Zhuldys replied. “Oh, Kato!”, she added while Ketevan chose and old vinyl record that she remembered quite well, “you’re such a retro”.

“As if you were that different”, Ketevan replied. “I hope my shares gave you a new entertainment”.

“You know”, Zhuldys replied, “most of the time, it feels like another business, sadly. But it can be an exciting distraction from time to time”.

"Let's have another", Ketevan said, "while pouring wine into Zhuldys' glass.