Author Topic: An Overdue Trip (Ach and Daito)  (Read 2746 times)

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
An Overdue Trip (Ach and Daito)
« on: February 15, 2022, 07:10:45 PM »

To: His Highness Emperor Go-Tenshi

It has occurred to me that outside of our interactions within the CSTO and more recently cooperation between our nations respective space agencies that our nations don't hve what might be described as typical relations. I think we should perhaps remedy that, I'm due for a visit in Gowu in a few days, following which I could if it was convenient visit Daito before traveling back home, failing that we can no doubt rearrange things to fit our respective schedules.

Signed

Emperor Peter Azurewind

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
  • Boldly staying where everyone has gone before
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Empire of DaitoTIO
Re: An Overdue Trip (Ach and Daito)
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2022, 06:26:29 AM »

To: His Imperial Majesty, Emperor Peter Azurewind,

It is true that ours is not a conventional relationship, owing to my late father's almost isolationist policies following the end of the Cold War along the straits so as to focus on our ally in the north. Despite this, I see no reason for such a policy to be extended into the present. It was for that reason that I moved to reconcile with the Rokkenjimans and to join the Cross-Straits Treaty Organization, and likewise, I view our nation's distance as being unwarranted. Therefore, it would be my pleasure to welcome you to Shinkyō, as I would any friend of the Empire. Worry not for my schedule, after all, I have plenty of time to discuss whatever it is that you require.
Signed,
Daitō Tennō

Minor OOC note: It is rather disrespectful to refer to the Emperor by his regnal name in Daitō, given the connotations of it being the name he would be known as posthumously. In effect, Peter just called him a dead man. For the sake of convenience, both for you and for me, I will recommend we use his actual name, Eijiro, in place of referring to him indirectly or using said regnal/posthumous name.

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2022, 10:45:28 PM »
Daito was just a "quick hop" from Gowu and one Peter had been keen on making for some time now, increasing and building up Achkaerin's friends network was to further solidify the foundations that would be eventually what Serenity had to build on, and Daito being an ally in the CSTO was a key one to establish. The Emperor was accompanied by his wife Renee and as they got ready to disembark the aircraft she was true to form tying Peter's tie. "I don't know why I can never get it right." Peter said
"Because you always pull it to sharply." Renee said "Are you ready?"
"Yes." Peter said smiling as he slipped his jacket on, a few moments later the pair were stepping off the aircraft and looking for the welcoming committee.

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2022, 11:41:17 PM »
As the couple disembarked their aircraft, they were greeted by a military cordon comprised of members of the Imperial Guard, twenty-one men strong. At the bottom of the stair-car stood Jin Himekawa, formerly the acting Prime Minister and now a member of the Imperial Cabinet serving in an advisory role on matters of Diplomatic Protocol. Alongside him were General Tadamori Harada, commander of Hikone Military Base, the site at which they had landed, as well as Ambassador Jakob von Altenberg, who had been assigned to the Daitōjin Embassy in Achkaerin, and his Achkaerinese counterpart, Ambassador Katherine Harkness.
   "On behalf of His Majesty, I bid you welcome to the Empire of Daitō." Jin spoke, bowing both as a part of the greeting and as a way of showing respect to the nation's guests. The other members of the welcoming committee would also greet the Emperor and Duchess, after which the anthems of Achkaerin and Daitō, in that order, would be played by the Imperial Daitōjin Army band, after which the two would be ushered to a vehicle.

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2022, 08:24:32 PM »
Peter and Renee both returned Jin's greeting, it was always good to show respect to your hosts, it was one of the things that made things further down the line easier and it was so simple to do. The advantage of Katherine's presence was that it gave her the chance to bring Peter, rather quickly, up to date on anything he needed to know locally, in general terms this was usually about local legislative changes, any significant events within the nation and then anything embassy related - in this instance the last of these found Peter being informed that two of the embassy staff had given birth to children and that plans for Purification Day celebrations were well underway. Once they were in the car the Emperor and the Duchess could relax a little, journey's like this always provided an opportunity to take in the nation around them each nation had its own particular charm at least they did in Peter's experience.

"A lovely place." Renee said as the car continued on its way.

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2022, 01:17:31 AM »
The airport drifted beyond the horizon, soon obscured by a great many buildings and parks. Along the route from the airport to the Imperial Palace, flags of both host and guest lined the streets, hung from its many lamps and flying in the gentle breeze that flowed down its narrow causeways. The sun hung high overhead, piercing through the clouds and bringing the city to life. Every other block had some sort of poster, be it for election campaigns or to encourage "good public morals" and the "preservation Onishic culture". It was clear that, though the nation had come a long ways since the 1980s, when the last Achkaerinese monarch had made a state visit to the country, it yet resembled the old Daitōjin state, with all of the bells and whistles that came with it. Yet in spite of that, it could be argued that something had changed, the attitude of the Daitōjin people. Though not necessarily easily noticeable, there seemed to be a newfound hope for the future, even as the Empire continued to stagnate. Whispers that with the Enthronement of the Emperor and soon-to-be appointment of Suketoshi Heishi as Prime Minister, things may finally turn themselves around and the Empire would be revived. But for now, those were simply whispers.

Jin found himself looking outside of the window, watching the world go by. He was privy to more information than most, being in the cabinet and all, which is why he knew that his elder brother was going to be appointed Prime Minister by week's end. He also knew, due to his time in the Diet, that such an appointment would be quickly confirmed by the DFD, owing to his popularity among them and the people. But he also knew, having once served in the office, however brief, that he had much work set out ahead of himself. Popularity alone could not guarantee he would be able to change anything, but he had the utmost faith that Suketoshi would figure it out. As for himself, he had to admit he much preferred his present job over being Prime Minister, even in the interim. Less responsibilities, since he was simply providing advice to the Emperor outside of ceremonies such as this, which meant he had somewhat more time to spend with his family as opposed to his previous work.
   "Indeed it is, your Highness. For as long as you and your entourage are here, it is my hope you will find our hospitality to your liking." He spoke, first to Renee; the way he spoke seemed both diplomatic and dignified, befitting both his station and the present circumstances. "As for you, your Majesty," He said, turning to Peter. "I can offer you my word and that of the Empire as a whole that we will do everything we can to make this meeting worthwhile for everyone involved, and I would also like to thank you for your presence." He continued, glancing outside of the window as they passed one of many large parks in the city. Judging by the signs nearby, they were very close. Just a few minutes longer.

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2022, 07:44:32 PM »
Peter smiled it wasn't that different from home apart from well the temperature, the architecture and the language. Though that was true of pretty much any nation he'd visited, there were buried under all the cultural, political and aesthetic differences a ton of similarities at the mechanical level, it took Peter right back to when he'd about eight years earlier taken his daughter motorcross racing as an outlet for her speedster, every turn of the spanner in changing how the bike performed made it a different bike in some way, yet Serenity had always ridden the bike the same way, Peter had never told her but she was a far better racer on two wheels than four and considering how well she handled cars that was saying something. As they continued travelling Peter turned his thoughts to his Daito counterpart, not knowing Eijiro that well, Peter had spoken to perhaps the one Achkaerinese citizen who did know him - Thea Fletcher, the youngster who'd competed against and beaten Eijiro in horseback archery at the Mundus Games the previous year, she'd given a very positive view of the Daitojin Emperor which made Peter hopeful for the upcoming meeting.

"I'm sure we'll be able to come to a mutually beneficial agreement." Peter said "So what's our destination? Call me curious but I find that many nations I've visited tend to choose somewhere significant, is that the case here?"

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2022, 10:47:24 AM »
Jin found himself distracted for a moment from the conversation, watching the streets around and ahead of them. Off in the distance, just barely concealed by the towers around them, the Tenshu, that is to say the highest tower of the Imperial Palace, could be seen, not quite dominating the skyline but contrasting the old and the new. He noticed an increased police presence in the area, not very different from when he had left a few hours prior, which further reminded him that they would be arriving, and in about a minute or two tops.
   "Well, its certainly not a place you haven't been to before..." Jin spoke up, continuing with "...as you may be aware, His Majesty spent many years abroad, whether as part of his studies as a child or during his service in our Armed Forces. That, mixed with his busy schedule at the moment, has led to him remaining close to home following His and Her Majesties honeymoon." He added before finishing it up with "To avoid beating around the bush, as I believe the expression goes, the venue will simply be the Imperial Palace, though whether it will be entirely indoors or not is up to His Majesty." He noted as they pulled up to the outer gate of the palace. After a moment, the gate would open and the vehicle would enter, stopping just outside of the Kyūden, the main palace. "In any case, here we are."

Eijiro watched as the state car carrying his guests approached. For a moment, he would glance around the area; to his right, his wife and his soon-to-be retired Daijō-daijin, Sachio Heishi. To his left, members of the cabinet, notably Tadakatsu Haruno, State Minister for Foreign Affairs, and General Fumito Gushiken, State Minister for Defense. Many of them, such as himself, wore the blue dress uniforms associated with their time in service; there was no hiding the fact that the majority of the cabinet had served, with Haruno being the main exception, but even so such outfits were often seen as the fashion of the court, at least for such less formal occasions as these. Ahead of them, lesser nobles assembled, gathered along the many steps of the palace. They too were similarly dressed, although it was less universal than among the members of the government. And of course, beyond them, in the courtyard, members of the Imperial Guard stood at attention, many carrying weapons, though a large contingent either was a member of the band or held aloft flags and banners, the former of the two empires whose representatives were present, the latter, which were more visible down the causeway between the vehicle and the palace, displaying the Imperial seal or a pair of kanji reading "Ten-Thousand Years". These banners had, of course, been present at the Emperor's enthronement back in 2020, being used for many such ceremonies including these.

As the door opened, the band played the anthem of Achkaerin, much as they did at the airport. Once opened, it would be expected that the occupants should approach the palace and greet the Emperor, but the ball was, as they say, in the Achkaerinese court now. Whether they followed protocol was entirely up to them.

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2022, 09:56:37 PM »
well you certainly couldn't fault the showmanship thought Peter as he glanced around taking the whole scene before him in, the only occasions back home that he'd see this many military uniforms were Unification Day, Memorial Day, graduation day at the military academies, promotions day and when commissioning something new such as a military vessel or fighter squadron. Taking a moment to take a deep breath Peter reached out his hand slightly to the side, Renee took it and while this was perhaps correctly read as an affectionate gesture it was also a practical one, given Peter's relapsing remitting MS. Hand in hand the pair walked towards the palace stopping just beyond the band from where they gave the respectful bow often seen on such occasions.

"Your Majesty." Peter said looking toward Eijiro "It's an honour to be here, may we approach?"

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2022, 06:02:15 PM »
   "You may, my friend." Eijiro said with a nod, beckoning for his guests to follow. Forgoing the usual pomp as it would otherwise take multiple hours and the palace was making ready for the Imperial Family to leave ahead of the coming renovations, they would instead be forced, at least initially, to conduct the matters of this meeting while on a walk, at least until they could reach a more secluded area. He would be followed by other members of his entourage, Empress Mayumi, and Chancellor Sachio Heishi. They would also be followed by a pair of guardsmen, both in plain clothes rather than the extravagant uniforms seen worn on the guard of honor. "Well, in any case, I suppose we should begin with what you would like to achieve today. Is this merely a simple visit or perhaps there is more?" He said as they walked, leaving the main building behind.

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2022, 05:26:46 PM »
"Unlike a few I could mention we don't come expecting anything." Peter said "This from our end is what we call first contact, which probably seems quite odd as our nations are far from strangers but I don't subscribe to the theory that being in the same organisation automatically makes anyone friends, if we're potentially sending our brave men and women to die defending each others nations I think we should at the very least be getting to know each other, I suspect our nations are quite similar in a variety of ways whether it be down here or out among the stars beyond our world. Today isn't about anything complicated, it's about the simple stuff that all friendships are built on, communication, trade, travel and maybe I'll be able to coax a few sports things out of you. Let's see what today has in store for us."

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2022, 05:40:26 PM »
Were he not as polite as he was, Eijiro may have laughed at what Peter had to say on this so-called "first contact". After all, the two countries had been allies during the Great War and he had indeed studied in the country on occasion when he was young, so it was hard for him to say he wasn't acquainted with the country nor its imperial family. Even so, he would begrudgingly admit that, within the context of the era he now oversaw, such a description could be apt, not to mention that the same went for his father's. Not since the days of his grandfather, Uchitsune, the Emperor-Emeritus, had an Achkaerinese monarch visited beyond ceremonies such as enthronements and weddings, with the last proper state visit being close to forty-one years ago now.

He had to give it to him, though, his counterpart from the far north had a way with words. Compared to himself, he was able to get his point across with ease, no doubt something which came with years of experience, something which he admittedly lacked. Nonetheless, he took a moment to think over what Peter had said, pondering how to respond even as they continued their walk through the grounds, passing over one of the many bridges over the palace moat.
   "Indeed, lets." Eijiro nodded as he glanced out over the water, sliding his hand along the metal railing of the bridge as they passed. "I was thinking we should at least figure out where we stand, beyond the usual affairs involving the CSTO of course. At least then we'll have some idea of where to go from." He began, looking back to his guests as he moved away from the railing, his hand resting gently upon the hilt of his sword, a tachi with an elaborately-designed hilt and scabbard which formed a key part of his ensemble. "Lets see, we don't have any real disputes, and unless something changed today, I'd wager my government views Achkaerin rather positively, to my knowledge that was even before joining the CSTO, so... I suppose I'll ask, where do you believe we stand?"

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2022, 06:45:26 PM »
"I'd say we stand on the same path, I look at Daito and I see a nation that bears a lot of similarities to my own, similar outlook, similar fascinations, similar respect for history and tradition." Peter said "I can see us creating a lasting friendship between our nations founded on all of that, something to stand the test of time and embodied in the spirit of cooperation." he took in the view "Personally I always like to look at the basics first, but I'm your guest so is there anywhere in particular you'd like to begin?"

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2022, 11:06:04 PM »
   "Then it seems we are on the same page. As you said, we do indeed share a similar outlook." Eijiro said with a nod. "As you say, let us start with the basics. Perhaps we should work out some sort of trade deal, if that's not rushing things of course? Otherwise, I admittedly am keen to hear what you believe Achkaerin would benefit from at this time."

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2022, 08:38:04 PM »
"Compared to some negotiations Mundus has seen that's a fairly sedate pace." Peter said smiling "Most trade deals tend to be tariff removal which I would have no trouble with establishing with Daito, but it really depends on if that would work for you and what you believe Daito needs or could gain. We could put trade hand in hand with travel provisions to ease visa requirements which allows for the movement of workers and experts. I guess what Achkaerin would benefit from most is collaboration, perhaps a scheme of some sort to promote and reward that sort of thing."

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2022, 06:29:50 AM »
   "Oh, certainly such a tariff removal can be arranged, assuming the Diet agrees, which I suspect would be the case as it would assist the Empire as it crawls out of its recession." Eijiro said with a nod as he pondered the second part. Lifting tariffs was one thing, but easing visa requirements was another. While he may have been formally apolitical, in all but name he was a member of the DFD, and as a result he was aware that there was a faction within the party that wouldn't support the measure, however small it may be. He was certain they would be able to put up with it, after all, it was that same wing which opposed signing a trade deal with Rokkenjima over Cold War-era tensions, and yet they hadn't complained since. Still, it was a larger step than the previous, even if one he was prepared to take. "Very well, I find such an agreement to be of merit, even worth making. As for this additional cooperation you are proposing, I am certainly, as they say, all ears." He smiled, waiting to hear what Peter had in mind as they continued to walk under tree and over moat.

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2022, 12:16:25 AM »
Peter was happy so far, taking a moment to sample the landscape he collected his thoughts. "Normally I wouldn't tread into the realms of security related stuff, normally you need time to get to know each other before you say that you're prepared to put your troops on the line for each other. However we're already bound to each other in this respect through the CSTO, so I'm quite prepared to suggest we shore that up by agreeing a defence clause on a bilateral basis, perhaps we up that include an officer exchange, intelligence sharing, and or joint military exercises every so often." he smiled "Then there's science, specifically the exploration of space, despite it being dubbed a 'space race' the cooperation between our nations space agencies has been exemplary, it matters not who's first what matters is someone goes there and then that we go back, study it and then go beyond it, to boldly go if I may paraphrase a popular science fiction franchise. So I'd like to say in that spirit is let's pool the effort, let's share the resources we have, let's recognise that we're the pioneers here and let's get it right."

Peter took a moment "Finally, something from my daughter you may be aware that a few years ago she was wounded while on active service with our navy, she got a lot of help from Legionnaire Legacy over in East Moreland and then founded the Legacy Sport Foundation, the principle being to help those wounded personnel recover and caring for them while using sport to assist in that, so for example the Legacy Racing Formula Mundus Team is home to engineers, frontline soldiers, computer specialists all injured in the line of duty. Serenity's big project for a few years now has been to set up a sort of smaller scale sports meet for those personnel that allows them to represent their nation in the sporting arena, we do have King David's agreement for East Moreland's participation, we'd like Daito to consider participating as well."

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2022, 12:15:42 PM »
Eijiro listened patiently as Peter spoke, after all, he was the host and it would be inappropriate for him to interrupt. Besides, this was important stuff he was bringing up, potentially strengthening military ties with the Achkaerinese after all this time, something which, in his opinion, should've done in '45. Now that they were both in the CSTO, perhaps that may have seemed redundant to some, but he knew better than most that having a backup was always wise, after all, organizations come and go, swept away like sandcastles before the tides. What Daitō needed, and what he suspected was the case for Achkaerin, was an ally that they could stick with through thick and thin, much as Tytor once had during the Cold War.
   "While I am positive that officials within our militaries will wish to hash out the details, I find that such a proposal is, by all means, acceptable. Certainly, an intelligence sharing agreement would be wise in this day and age." Eijiro said as they walked, first in reference to the proposals for their militaries. "Likewise, I can see the utility in shared exercises, better that than not knowing how to work together I figure." He noted, not giving much thought to the proposed officer exchange that had been mentioned as it was something that he supported out of hand.

Next on the plate was science... Spaceflight, more specifically. While the CSSEA was good to an extent, Daitō, more specifically the DNSA, had long held a policy of cooperation with the outside world, both on the border and as far as the setting sun. What he had said about the so-called "space race" was something he agreed on, at least privately, but even so, thanks to how the media was covering it, this was a race to Nergal in the public consciousness. It was a matter of national pride, really.
   "Much as I wish it... Getting to Nergal, I mean, weren't a race, I fear that is out of our hands now. That sorta thing is decided by public opinion, and if they want a race, that's all they will see." Eijiro said with a sigh. "Nonetheless, I too believe, though naturally this isn't my purview since I don't actually run DNSA, that further cooperation is not just useful but perhaps even necessary. I will be sure to communicate that to Director Asagiri the next time I speak to him."

Finally, there was the matter of the "Legacy Sport Foundation". Truly, such an important thing to worry about, between national defense and multi-billion mon projects that would inspire generations to come. Much as Eijiro noticed how it seemed ill-fitting for this present moment—He would think it better suited to discuss over dinner—he had to admit, being a military man himself and knowing many who had been injured in the line of duty, it was a program he was keenly aware and had been watching for some time with great interest. He had to think it over, of course, there were a number of things to consider in it. The cost alone wou-
   "I'm in. You have our support." He said with a smile, not really giving it much thought, much to his soon-to-be chagrin. It was such an obvious thing to say, besides, it would be a bad look if he said no. Rather, by supporting it, he could possibly use it; if he didn't, the DFD's propagandists would, that was certain. He may as well get ahead of them. "In any case though, I suspect the rest of this should be discussed over dinner, if you would be willing, of course."

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2022, 12:10:11 AM »
At the mention of the word 'dinner' Peter's eyes lit up, when it came to overseas trips his official responsibility was usually diplomatic, getting a treaty signed or attending an event but what he really liked was indulging his inner historian, he liked exploring other cultures and part of that included food, he was a man who cooked regularly at home, so was always keen to try new things. Renee might not have been looking at Peter but she grinned because she knew what was coming.

"Dinner sounds wonderful." Peter said "Can you say what dinner will be or are we to be surprised?"

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2022, 11:50:50 PM »
Eijiro smiled for a moment, though he did not answer. Not at first, anyways. It was not as though there were anything to hide; the cooks certainly weren't going to be serving fugu (though mostly due to some centuries-old ban) or worse, rather, he simply needed to think it over. After all, though he had eaten it many times since he was very young, it was difficult for him to put it into English, even with his mastery of the language.
   "Have you ever had the chance, if you don't mind me asking of course, to try Kaiseki cuisine?" He asked, glancing momentarily at the palace before turning back. "If you haven't, which, in all fairness, I suspect is the case given it isn't seen much outside of the Empire and Toshikawa, allow me to say, it is... quite the experience. A work of art as much as it is a meal." He added as he looked out on the water. Tonight would be one of celebration, for it was the eve of "greenery day", an observance of the many gifts of the natural world bestowed upon the people. Certainly, it was something to look forwards to.
A few hours later

The sun hung low on the horizon, its golden light peering through the windows, filling the state banquet hall as guests from across the Empire entered. The room itself was quite occidental in its construction, a decision made by Emperor Keiyo when he moved the court here in the early 1870s, yet it also had many elements of Ōnishi architecture throughout, which were added when the palace underwent repairs after sustaining significant damage as a result of Ardian firebombing during the war. Truthfully, Eijiro didn't particularly enjoy how it looked, especially after his time in Tenkyō back in 2012, which was in part why he was so eager to move back there. That and its position as the cultural and spiritual heart of the Empire since time immemorial, of course.

Still, though he had a slight disdain for the room's appearance, Eijiro was nonetheless glad that he could spend his last few days in the palace hosting the Achkaerinese; in a way, he felt as though he were returning the favor after Peter had so graciously done the same during his studies abroad. He glanced around the room for a moment, watching briefly as the gagaku ensemble prepared to play their music. He was joined that night by members of his family—most notably Uchitsune, the retired Emperor Daiwa—as well as a few close friends such as Count Muneyori Tomoshige, given that they were there to attend the transfer from this palace back to Tenkyō.
   "I am glad you could join us, your Highness." Eijiro said whenever Peter and Renee arrived. "If I may, allow me to introduce you to my grandfather, His Majesty, the Emperor-Emeritus, and His Excellency, Count Muneyori Tomoshige."
   "It's a pleasure to finally make your acquaintance, your Highness." Said the retired Emperor first, his voice weakened by age and slowly-failing health. At just over eighty years old, he was the second oldest monarch in the country's history, although his actual reign was comparatively short as it only lasted a mere eighteen years.
   "As it is mine." Muneyori spoke up, offering a slight bow in respect. Appearance-wise, it was striking how similar he looked to Eijiro, but even more so to the late Emperor Antei, which of course led to rumors but was, in all likelihood, a mere coincidence.
   "In any case, please, feel free to take a seat so that we may begin." Eijiro said with a nod.

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2022, 07:17:54 PM »
To some political analysts and commentators the fact that Achkaerin had a Diplomatic Office as a Government department alongside a conventional Foreign Office likely seemed a little odd given that both departments did somewhat overlap, but the whole point of the Diplomatic Office was to be more administrative, they were the ones responsible for embassy's, for representatives at international organisations, for summits and so on, which all in theory allowed the Foreign Office to deal with the usual dance on Mundus. One embassy related responsibility was to keep across visits like this one and provide support, tonight seen in the shape of a dark green dress being worn by Renee and Peter's suit, embassy's kept something of a wardrobe for Achkaerinese dignitaries for occasions such as this. Peter greeted their hosts, clocking Muneyori's appearance though he wasn't about to say anything on the matter, Peter pulled out a chair for Renee and once she was seated sat down himself, both of them were curious to see what culinary voyage they were about to embark on.

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2022, 05:03:29 AM »
First on the menu was an appetizer, one of two in fact. Provided was Sakizuke, a dish akin to an amuse-bouche which was served alongside a glass of sake. In particular, the dish itself was an assortment of vegetables, arranged to capture the spirit of the month and of the city. After all, Kaiseki cuisine was the culinary expression of three Daitōjin ideals. The first, Shun, was seasonality, meant to place oneself in the moment. The second, wabi-sabi, the aesthetic notion that there is beauty in nature, and that beauty is imperfect, impermanent, and incomplete. Finally, it embodied the concept of ichi-go ichi-e, which described the concept of treasuring unrepeatable nature of a moment, calling to attention that every moment is precious yet fleeting. Brought together, they created something truly unique, each course a work of art, a masterpiece built off experience in a tradition dating back centuries.

Once everyone had been served, Muneyori stood up, his glass in hand, as he offered a toast.
   "I would like to begin by welcoming our guests to the Empire. May good health and long life be yours, our dear allies from the north." He said, looking to Peter and Renee. "May the partnership between our peoples prove fruitful, and may peace yet reign in the eight directions of the world. Kanpai!" He said, raising his glass, his cheer repeated by many throughout the room.

When Muneyori had finished his toast, Eijiro finally found himself presented with the chance to speak with Peter once more, wishing to continue their conversation from before. At first, it was mere idle conversation, discussing recent events both at home and abroad, the weather, the sort of stuff that one would expect for small-talk. Whether it would turn into anything else remained to be seen, after all, a great many things had already been achieved. Perhaps his counterpart had some ideas?

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2022, 07:06:42 PM »
Conversations like this, especially over dinner, always seemed to have the effect of turning Peter into a more reflective mood than would normally be the case. "Twenty years." he said "That's how long I've been sat on the throne and I've seen a few things in that time both good and ill. What strikes me most though is the obstinance, the inability or unwillingness to do the simple things that would prevent recurring flare ups on issues, usually involving the same handful of nations to the point where I wonder if it's a generational issue or if it's that as Emperor I'm not a political figure so I have less pressures to worry about or even if it's that I generally don't care about my reputation when it comes to saying and doing what's right, history may judge me in the eyes of man but when my time comes and I be judged by the divine it will I hope be that I did what I believed to be right not what was politically expedient that stands me in good stead." he paused "Sorry I'm rambling..."

"And this is one of the many reasons I love him." Renee said looking across at their hosts.

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2022, 06:59:21 AM »
Eijiro listened carefully to his guest as he spoke, after all, it was only right that he listen to someone who had been in a similar—not the exact same by any means, merely similar—position to himself, to find some sort of advice going forwards. His rambling didn't bother him by any means, frankly, it was nice being able to have a conversation that didn't really impact his future for once. That being said, he bit his tongue a little at the thought of some nations being effectively unwilling to change. Certainly, he didn't see it as being the case, not fully, anyways. He would've spoken up were it not for someone else saying something in his place.
   "Well, your Majesty, while I haven't sat upon the Celestial Throne for many, many years, I must concur with such a sentiment, at least in part." Said Uchitsune, Emperor-Emeritus Daiwa, in response to the suggestion that had been raised. "That being said, allow me to use an example, if you wouldn't mind. The Empire and the Ardians... We were rivals so fierce that in the final years of the war, we brought great ruin upon one another. However, after the war, we pursued a policy of mutual understanding, and now we are on the verge of being allies in all but name." He said before taking a sip of his drink. "What I am trying to say is that, while there is perhaps an element of truth to such obstinance being passed down through generations, it is only because they do not try to see the world through the eyes of others."