Author Topic: A Reunion for Abraham  (Read 4385 times)

Offline Rayyu

• Order Of The Pen
  • Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Rayyu
A Reunion for Abraham
« on: March 16, 2022, 10:32:31 PM »

Over the last few weeks I have been in deep consideration with my books, my family and my trusted friend Imam Mansur Karimi, one of our nations leading scholars. I am concerned that the apparent world powers that have long influenced Mundus modern history have attempted to drag the world towards what could be described as a secular liberal interpretation of the Judeo-Christian traditions that have been a cornerstone of much of our nations for generations since the time of the Prophet Abrahim. It is from his noble bloodline that all our peoples have originated and despite our often vast differences at the centre of our lives in the love of the creator and his works. Today's attacks on the faith of Samantra by the leaders of Rokkenjima further demonstrate the rifts between those of us who are People of the Book. It is becoming more and more important that those of us with views formed by our interconnected faiths stand together. We must therefore I believe come together and send a message to Mundus that those of us with respect and love for our faiths will stand by our holy books and texts and uphold the laws that the divine has given us.

I therefore would like to invite those Heads of State, Heads of Government, religious leaders and other officials to join me and my Iman in Rayyu to work together to formulate a future of respect for our traditions.

May Allah Bless You and Keep You Safe

Emir Sulaiman Samar El-Amin

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra
Re: A Reunion for Abraham
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2022, 10:43:41 PM »

I thank Your Majesty for the invitation and for the words of support that you have expressed. As we speak the Holy Kingdom is under economic attack by the rich and powerful Empire of Rokkenjima for staying true to the values of our church as they have been protected and preserved by countless generations before us. While I pray for the leaders of Rokkenjima I fear that their hatred for our values and traditions will only increase in the future. What forces drive them I do not know but I fear they are not of this world.

Your initiative is both wise and needed and I will personally attend the talks in your Emirate.
May the Lord bring peace to the hearts of our foes.

Patriarch Alexy
Samantran Orthodox Church

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Mktvartvelo (primary nation)
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2022, 10:51:52 AM »

We confirm the assistance of Cheon Suk-won, Bishop of Djabidjan City, who will attend the invitation your offered in name of the Universal Free Church, and we hope, although our humble church may not be large as others attending, we hope that your initiative will lead to a constructive and positive inter-faith dialogue.

Yours sincerely,
International Office of the Universal Free Church
Djabidjan City, Republic of Djabidjan

Offline Kodima

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Danekamp
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2022, 09:36:13 PM »

Having worked alongside Rayyu during the Gulf of Auraxis arrangement I am excited to have an opportunity to visit my neighbour and also work with other nations to examine your proposals I will be attending accompanied by my Empires military Rabbi. We look forward to the discussions.

With thanks

Emperor Malachi

Offline Kemerovo

• Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Kemerovo
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2022, 09:13:55 PM »

We are excited by this conference and a chance to explore our shared connections. Working together I believe we can bring our nations closer together and honour our faiths mutual ancestors.

I look forward to visiting your nation.

Tikhon, the Metropolitan of Zaporozh

Offline Rayyu

• Order Of The Pen
  • Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2022, 10:44:08 AM »
There had been a significant stirring in the international community by the prospect of this meeting, especially from the Rosari faith. It amused Imam Mansur Karimi that someone like a Grand Maester would even suggest that it was possible for a faith like Islam, rather conservative in its outlook, to be able to be worshiped while also worshipping the vast number of deities that faith had as false idols. The most recent interview where they had seen this conference as a threat in some manner did confuse him. No one had threatened the Rosari, or any other faith, merely pointing out that there were differences in opinions on many key issues, something even a blind man could see.

The Emir had handled the logistics of the day. The Mosque of the Emirs had been selected for the venue initially as it had ample room for setting up and hosting conferences. That had however brought its only complexities, what if one of those attending did not wish to enter a mosque, or worse would enter but would not follow the rituals of doing so. To avoid that the Emir had selected the plaza of the mosque, a large sideless tent had been erected and for today worshippers would be arriving via the North entrance only, not the majestic southern one with the marble plaza.

Prince Talaat Muhsin, the Emir's younger brother had been dispatched to help guide the various dignitaries the short distance from the airfield to the mosque and several of the Emir's fleet of vehicles had been assigned the duty of ferrying them to the Mosque. Emir Sulaiman waited patiently dressed in white robes topped with a red keffiyeh. If it hadn't been for the exotic wrist watch and gold pin holding the Keffiyeh's tie together you would have been hard pressed to pick him out from other worshippers. "As-Salaam-Alaikum" he greeted each delegate with a two handed shake and a slight bow. "We are so grateful that you have come to join us today. Please let me introduce my friend and my esteemed guide in our faith,  Imam Mansur Karimi."

Mansur was a rather young man to be such a respected Imam, at just 38 years of age his style of at times bombastic messaging had appealed to many young people across the nation and his willingness to mobilise his listeners into social action earned him respect. Older Muslims found his defence of conservative values reassuring and so Mansur had found himself becoming a leading member of the nations clergy. "I am just blessed to have people willing to listen to Allah within earshot of me." He too greeted everyone.

"Now if we can all take a seat." The Emir waited for everyone to get settled before addressing everyone, not from the head of a long rectangular table, he'd purposely put no one at the ends, but by wandering around the edges, he always found himself more at ease speaking while on the move. "I called this conference because I have several concerns. So many nations of the more established world order put faith in international agreements as "International Law", however none of us around this table attended, nor did any of our nations. At least as far as I know. We therefore are often seeing a case of these agreements being utilised to put nations under economic pressure or trade restrictions or a host of other actions. Liberalisation of the world seems to be required to open some trade doors, but I don't see why. Look at the histories of our faiths, Jews, Christians, then Muslims, each of us have tales in our faiths connected to trade." The Emir stopped and looked at Patriarch Alexy, "Genesis of the bible states "Thus you shall live with us, and the land shall be open before you; live and trade in it and acquire property in it.” it is clear then that it is possible to trade and hold our values given to us by God. Now the head of the Rosari faith would have us believe that it is possible to be Muslim while also serving their Goddess, that you can worship a God of Justice when we all know that it is God who is the arbiter of justice. Our own Quran states ""O People of the Book! Come to what is common between us and you: That we worship none but God, that we associate no partners with Him, that we erect not, from among ourselves, Lords other than Allah. " It is clear Allah is not permitting a combination faith. We see the Rosari faith, and to some extent the Bene Gesserit attempting to guide our faithful to misinformation. I am though inclined to welcome the words of one not from within our faith, "A man who chases two rabbits catches neither" Miss Maddix is indeed correct. I myself will take no action against someone chasing the wrong rabbit, I will respect their attempts so long as they do not interefre with my own faith and that of others, nor use their faiths liberalisation to be vindictive against other peoples, there can and should be no compulsion in faith. It is clear though we must battle this misinformation the same way the Cult of Helus is and send a clear message that while we respect people's right to follow a faith they can not pick and choose as from a menu, it is all or nothing. This is enough though about differences, we are here to celebrate and build upon are similarities. Each of us here in some way gives respect to Abraham, we all recognise Adam and Eve as the originators of mankind. I am therefore happy to call you all my brothers and sisters for whether we attend Synagogue, Temple, Church or Mosque we all have the same ancestor. What I intend to do here today is two fold. One was my original plan. I believe that we should recognise as a group of connected faiths some fundemental rights our people's should have protected. These rights are given to us by God and not by some man made documents, while our faiths differ in some ways we can find common ground. The second is perhaps a better place to start following the recent issues with the Rosari faith. That of helping guide our faithful in nations they are a minority. With that in mind I wish to begin a newspaper. I will fund it for the first year as a trial. I'm thinking we should call it "The One Word" and allow contributions from journalists and scholars of faith in our nations. Naturally at times our journalists may differ on their views but this can be healthy as it shall promote debate about faith and this can help our people educate themselves. It can also be made digital so that for example a Jew living in Rokkenjima can see what a real Rabbi uncorrupted by a view that a Rosari-Jewish hybrid can exist. I though may have already spoken to much. I am here merely to ensure you have enough tea and cake." He stopped wandering and took a seat, interestingly behind the Imam and handed proceedings over to the scholar.

"Thank you Your Majesty." Mansur said as he leaned forward to begin speaking. "I believe before discussing matters so significant as these it best to seek spiritual guidance, I intend to offer a quick prayer and I hope you too will feel free to do so. O Allah, I seek Your counsel through Your knowledge and I seek Your assistance through Your might and I ask You from Your immense favour, for verily You alone decree our fate while I do not, and You know while I do not, and You alone possess all knowledge of the Unseen. O Allah, if You know this matter of working with our spiritual cousins to be good for me in relation to my religion, my life and livelihood and the end of my affairs, my present and future, then decree it for me and facilitate it for me, and then place blessing for me within it, and if You know this affair to be harmful for me concerning my religion, my life and livelihood and the end of my affairs, then remove it from me and remove me from it, and decree for me what is good, wherever it may be, and make me content with it." He opened his eyes as he finished, "I look forward to you praising God in your own way and your views on what the Emir has to say."

Offline Kodima

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2022, 10:40:49 PM »
Amos Shalev was the armed forces of Kodima's leading Rabbi and a close friend of Emperor Malachi. As they arrived at the mosque the Emperor was pleased to see the Emir again. They'd meet at the Gulf of Auraxis arrangement and the Emperor believed he was someone he could build a good working relationship with. "Thank you for allowing us to visit this beautiful building" Malachi said having greeted the Emir with a hearty "Shalom" He introduced Shalev and then when permitted addressed the group. "I am grateful for being permitted to attend. Like the Emir here my concerns are more of a nature of running a country day by day but I do try, not always well," he smiled a little, "to follow the ways of my faith. There have been times when cheeseburgers have tempted me but thankfully I have resisted. Today I am here merely as someone with an interest in religion and a desire to learn. While you may agree some principles I would like to understand the reasoning behind it, therefore I'm going to push my chair back." Malachai stood and moved his chair back a little so he was sat slightly behind Amos before retaking it, "I'm content to sit, enjoy the scenary, the tea and of course the wisdom."

Amos then spoke on behalf of Kodima. "My Emperor and the Emir are both men I can admire for having the knowledge to understand that in some matters they are still students. I like to think so am I. As a Rabbi it is my job to know the Jewish faith like the back of my hand, and I've a good working knowledge of Christianity and Islam, but I think a deeper understanding is always possible. I too look forward to learning. If I may indulge for a moment as Mansur suggested and ask that we be blessed with the spirit of friendship to see past our differences, embrace our similarities and though we entered as strangers leave as friends." He paused for a moment finishing his own private prayer. "Now as for this newspaper I think it a wonderful idea. I'm encouraging young Rabbi's entering our military service to write, discourse among our people over matters of faith is something we encourage and for that to take place we need an outlet. While we have social gatherings among Rabbi's where we happily discuss the words of God late into the night nothing beats writing for a purpose. I'd throw my support behind this and can recruit some willing authors, I'm sure." he glanced backwards, "Our Empire can find a few coins to throw into it too." The Emperor gave a small nod indicating his support.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2022, 07:23:12 PM »
Patriarch Alexy was in Samantra not just the head of the national church but also the head of state and the most influential person in the Holy Kingdom of Samantra. He traveled to the Emirate with all the fast of a head of state and the local embassy in the Emirate made whatever arrangements possible with the hosts so that he got a festive welcome in the Emirate.

Upon arriving he shaked hands with the Emir and greeted the other hosts and the guests. He listened closely to what the others had to say and observed their prayer. When the Emir quoted Genesis he nodded in agreement showing his support. After Amos finished speaking he began:

“I would like to first begin by thanking the hosts for the hospitality” he said as he looked at the Emir “and for the initiative to organize this conference”.

“I cannot move forward without also thanking Emir Sulaiman Samar El-Amin for standing up to Samantra when the constant whims of the Rokkenjiman Empire decided to sanction our holy kingdom for standing up for what the church teaches and has all thought to it flock. And I will add just one more praise and say that the Emir was wise beyond his age in the manner with which he was approached his show of support. Rather than issue sanctions he called on a boycott encouraging ordinary men and women to show their support for the Samantran people. Rather than decide himself for his nation he led but left the decision to the faithful. “

“As for the current state of affairs I refer to my Lord when he said that He has not come to bring peace but the sword” he said bluntly and then continued “My Lord knew that following Him will turn man against his father and daughter against her mother. I will speak frank and say that the outpour of division and disagreement against merely mentioning this meeting is a good sign. It means that the meeting is needed, that it has unsettled some people because of the message it brings that it has awaken some from their tranquility and is forcing them to come out of their comfort zones.”   

“Let me be very clear, I have not come here with the purpose to unsettle those of other faiths but to speak the truth alongside those that follow the God of Abraham. I am however aware that following the way and the truth will lead to criticism and even outrage in some corners of Mundus. I am personally not concerned with that and see it as a sign that we are doing the work of God.”

“The proposed newspaper is an idea that Samantra will support” he said with confidence adding “If we are able today to agree on the fundamental rights our faithful should have protected it will be a great achievement pleasing both the Lord and many people across Mundus. For there are millions and millions who seek a moral compass to show them the way and so far have only been presented with the broken compasses of the liberal international law. I pray to God to give us the wisdom for the monumental task that is ahead of us. ”

Offline Kemerovo

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2022, 09:33:16 PM »
Tikhon had arrived and been impressed with the outside of the mosque. A few crosses and images of Christ and it would be wonderful. He had been fearful that much of the talk would become political and as a result had asked a politician to come with him as his guest and naturally he had selected Moisey Viktorov to fill that role. Moisey was perhaps the most respected politician in the nation and this was a mutually beneficial arrangement. It helped cement Moisey as a power in Zaporozh politics and at the same time ensured he would continue his pro-Church policies. Tikhon listened to the others while Moisey sat behind waiting until he would perhaps be called on. It was time to show support for the Emir, "There is a wise man in the Christian church called Paisios who wrote many interesting things. One that I think very important for us today is his belief that he said "When your children are still small you have to help them understand what is good. This is the deepest meaning of life." My fear is that in the 21st century this is becoming harder, we live in a world bombarded constantly by images and messages from around the world, some of those are useful others are corrupting. Today I think we can clearly work together to try and ensure that our children see a way they can measure what is good. To help us do this the idea of the newspaper is an important one but perhaps we should ask ourself is a newspaper really the best way to connect with the youth of today. We should consider making this a website, a pop-cast or whatever it is called. We already have a youth wing of our church that runs youth activities and I think we should energise people like that. I think the Emir by assembling us all here could potentially pave the road for a better Mundus."

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2022, 10:50:15 PM »
Bishop Cheon Suk-won patiently listened the addresses to the convention before him. He had not prepared a long intervention, at least for now. After all, he came from a much a more smaller country than most of the other guests, where his own church wasn't even the largest one. Bishop Cheon was also aware that his church may not be that well-known beyond Djabidjan. Still, he had come to the conference in good will, hoping that will help them to make contacts and open cooperation that would benefit the church.

"First of all", Cheon said, "thanks for our hosts for this initiative, as well as everyone who has come to this conference. In our church, the Universal Free Church, we welcome such initiative aiming to bring together, without renouncing each of us true missions, people of different beliefs, for a fairer and more moral world".

"We also support the idea of launching an inter-faith newspaper", he continued. "I find it an original and interesting idea, indeed. We would be certainly interested to cooperate and participate in this initiative".

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2022, 07:06:08 PM »
Patriarch Alexy closely watched the Zaporozh delegation. He expected Tikhon as head of his Church to come but not Moisey Viktorov. For Alexy that was confirmation of just how influential the man was in Zaporozh. He considered inviting him over to Novyy Rim, the spiritual capital of Samantra, for a visit together with his wife but that was for another time.

Patriarch Alexy nodded in agreement to Tikhon even if he wasn’t necessarily fully in agreement with him. He considered that teaching the youth was a matter not relevant for the interfaith dialogue but an important discussion to be had about how each faith should approach the youth. He however did not express his view and instead decided to approach another topic:

“Since Brother in Christ Cheon Suk-won is here I think we should also consider the topic of our faiths abroad. For example the faithful of Brother Cheon Suk-won’s flock are people with a strong belief in Christ but not large in number. When going aboard whether it is for visit or work they might face issues and challenges of all sorts, challenges that perhaps the embassy cannot help or might not even exist.  The same can happen with members of our faith going aboard. So maybe we can find some agreement today that allows the members of each other's faith to ask and receive help from local religious leaders of the God of Abraham.  I am sure that already happens daily as people of all our faiths help each other but perhaps we can find here an agreement that facilitates that. Maybe each of our faiths can have a designated person in each of our regional organizations be they eparchies or dioceses or whatever each of us calls them in charge of interfaith help for the people who follow the God of Abraham”.

Patriarch Alexy was reluctant to get into too much detail with his proposals since the people at the table had different means and organizations behind them. For Patriarch Alexy he could easily implement and instruct his priests while funding was not a problem. For others like Bishop Cheon Suk-won though that might not be as easy.

He also tested the waters a bit to see what the opinions at those at the table were by saying:

“I agree with Brother in Christ Tikhon that we live in a world bombarded constantly by harmful images and messages and I think we should not take that as a given like there is nothing we can do. We are also bombarded by elements of nature but we do not sit idle at their mercy. We diligently work to protect ourselves and our community. I think we should do our best to stop those messages from getting to our children by working with our governments and asking them to do something that sees them reduced in number and limited in harm. In Samantra efforts are made in this regards, we have a department that has created guidelines for advertising and oversees that commercials for example do not go against biblical principles. ”

Offline Rayyu

• Order Of The Pen
  • Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2022, 12:48:04 PM »
Mansur was pleased, it seemed like everyone was singing from the same hymn sheet so to speak.

"I'm excited that we all share so many common values and are supportive of the ideas put forward. What I hope is that rather than this becoming a free form floatation of good ideas we can harness this energy towards a common goal. For this to happen we need to ensure that our differences do not pull us apart. So I therefore propose this."

Mansur reached down and took several bound documents from a pile sat on the floor next to him. "I have been in consultation with my brothers in the mosque and with the Emir. What we have hoped to create is a document we can put our names to, either as a national leader like my Emir hopes to, our as a significant member of our religions community, maybe in the case of places like Kodima both." He said hopefully. He distributed the document and even the Emir collected some and walked them around the table to the guests.

"Please lets take a few moments, have a read, enjoy some tea and then give us your thoughts."

Quote from: Proposed Document

Aware that mankind has been given a special responsibility on Mundus by The Almighty

Recognising the importance of humanity being granted rights by the Almighty

Understanding that it is an individuals duty to not infringe on those rights of others

The organisations and nations that have signed this document recognise and are committed to the following.

1. All humanity, regardless of what faith they follow, are part of one family. An individual should not face discrimination on the basis of race, colour, language, belief, sex, religion, political affiliation, social status or other considerations.

2. Life is a God-given gift and the right to life is guaranteed to every human being. It is the duty of individuals, societies and states to safeguard this right against any violation, and it is prohibited to take away life except for a just legal reason.

3. It is forbidden to resort to any means which could result in the genocidal annihilation of mankind.

4. It is the duty of individuals, societies and states to preserve life wherever possible.

5.  Safety from bodily harm is a guaranteed right. It is the duty of the state to safeguard it, and it is prohibited to breach it without a just legal reason.

6. All should be done to avoid armed conflict except if it is in a just cause of self -defence or stopping either corruption, tyranny, discrimination or oppression

a) In the event of the use of force and in case of armed conflict, it is not permissible to kill non-belligerents such as old men, women and children. The wounded and the sick shall have the right to medical treatment; and prisoners of war shall have the right to be fed, sheltered and clothed. It is prohibited to mutilate or dismember dead bodies. It is required to exchange prisoners of war and to arrange visits or reunions of families separated by circumstances of war.

b)  It is prohibited to deliberately cut down trees, to destroy crops or livestock, to destroy the enemy's civilian buildings and installations by shelling, blasting or any other means.

7. Every human being is entitled to human sanctity and the protection of one's good name and honour during one's life and after one's death.

8. The state and the society shall protect one's body and burial place from desecration regardless of faith.

9. The family is the foundation of society, and marriage is the basis of making a family.

a) Men and women have the right to marriage, and no restrictions stemming from race, colour or nationality shall prevent them from exercising this right.

b) The society and the State shall remove all obstacles to marriage and facilitate it, and shall protect the family and safeguard its welfare.

10. Woman is equal to man in human dignity, and has her own rights to enjoy as well as duties to perform.

11.  As of the moment of birth, every child has rights due from the parents, the society and the state to be accorded proper nursing, education and material, hygienic and moral care. Both the fetus and the mother must be safeguarded and accorded special care.

12. Parents and those in such like capacity have the right to choose the type of education they desire for their children, provided they take into consideration the interest and future of the children in accordance with ethical values.

13. The seeking of knowledge is an obligation and provision of education is the duty of the society and the State. The State shall ensure the availability of ways and means to acquire education and shall guarantee its diversity in the interest of the society so as to enable Man to be acquainted with God and uncover the secrets of the Universe for the benefit of mankind.

14. Every human being has a right to receive both religious and worldly education from the various institutions of teaching, education and guidance, including the family, the school, the university, the media, etc., and in such an integrated and balanced manner that would develop human personality, strengthen Man's faith in their God and promote Man's respect to and defence of both rights and obligations.

15. Both parents are entitled to certain rights from their children, and relatives are entitled to rights from their kin.

16. It is prohibited to exercise any form of pressure on a person or to exploit their poverty or ignorance in order to force them to change their religion to another religion or to atheism.

17. Human beings are born free, and no one has the right to take away this freedom without just legal cause.

18.  Colonialism of all types is totally prohibited. Peoples suffering from colonialism have the full right to freedom and self-determination. It is the duty of all States peoples to support the struggle of colonized peoples for the liquidation of all forms of and occupation, and all States and peoples have the right to preserve their independent identity and control over their wealth and natural resources.

19. Every person shall have the right, within the framework of the law, to free movement and to select their place of residence whether within or outside his country and if persecuted, is entitled to seek asylum in another country.

20. The country of refuge shall be obliged to provide protection to the asylum-seeker until their safety has been attained, unless asylum is motivated by committing an act regarded by the host state as a crime.

21 a) Work is a right guaranteed by the State and the Society for each person with capability to work. Everyone shall be free to choose the work that suits them best and which serves their interests as well as those of the society.

b)  The employee shall have the right to enjoy safety and security as well as all other social guarantees. They may not be assigned work beyond his capacity nor shall they be subjected to compulsion or exploited or harmed in any way.

c) They shall be entitled - without any discrimination between males and females - to fair wages for their work without delay, as well as to the holidays allowances and promotions which they deserve.

d) On their part a worker shall be required to be dedicated and meticulous in their work. Should workers and employers disagree on any matter, the State shall intervene to settle the dispute and have the grievances redressed, the rights confirmed and justice enforced without bias.

e) Everyone shall have the right to earn a legitimate living without monopolization, deceit or causing harm to oneself or to others.

22. Everyone shall have the right to own property acquired in a legitimate way, and shall be entitled to the rights of ownership without prejudice to oneself, others or the society in general. Expropriation is not permissible except for requirements of public interest and upon payment of prompt and fair compensation.  Confiscation and seizure of property is prohibited except for a necessity dictated by law.

23. Everyone shall have the right to enjoy the fruits of his scientific, literary, artistic or technical labour of which they are the author; and they shall have the right to the protection of their moral and material interests stemming therefrom, provided it is not contrary to the principles of the law of the land.

24.  Everyone shall have the right to live in a clean environment, away from vice and moral corruption, that would favour a healthy ethical development of his person and it is incumbent upon the State and society in general to afford that right.

25.  Everyone shall have the right to medical and social care, and to all public amenities provided by society and the State within the limits of their available resources.

26. The States shall ensure the right of the individual to a decent living that may enable him to meet his requirements and those of his dependents, including food, clothing, housing, education, medical care and all other basic needs.

27. Everyone shall have the right to privacy in the conduct of his private affairs, in his home, among his family, with regard to his property and his relationships. It is not permitted to spy on him, to place him under surveillance or to besmirch his good name. The State shall protect him from arbitrary interference.

28. A private residence is inviolable in all cases. It will not be entered without permission from its inhabitants or in any unlawful manner, nor shall it be demolished or confiscated and its dwellers evicted.

29. All individuals are equal before the law, without distinction between the ruler and the ruled. The right to resort to justice is guaranteed to everyone. A defendant is innocent until his guilt is proven in a fast trial in which he shall be given all the guarantees of defence.

30. It is not permitted without legitimate reason to arrest an individual, or restrict their freedom, to exile or to punish them. It is not permitted to subject them to physical or psychological torture or to any form of maltreatment, cruelty or indignity. Nor is it permitted to subject an individual to medical or scientific experiments without their consent or at the risk of their health or of their life. Nor is it permitted to promulgate emergency laws that would provide executive authority for such actions.

31. Taking hostages under any form or for any purpose is expressly forbidden.

32a) Everyone shall have the right to express his opinion freely in such manner as would not be contrary to the principles of good order.

b) Everyone shall have the right to advocate what is right, and propagate what is good, and warn against what is wrong and evil according to the norms of society.

c) Information is a vital necessity to society. It may not be exploited or misused in such a way as may violate sanctities and the dignity of others, undermine moral and ethical Values or disintegrate, corrupt or harm society or weaken its faith.

d) It is not permitted to excite nationalistic or doctrinal hatred or to do anything that may be an incitement to any form or racial discrimination.

33. Authority is a trust; and abuse or malicious exploitation thereof is explicitly prohibited, in order to guarantee fundamental human rights.

34. Everyone shall have the right to participate, directly or indirectly in the administration of his country's public affairs. He shall also have the right to assume public office in accordance with the provisions of the law.

35. Should an individual believe the nation in which they reside is not fulfilling these obligations they may, without prejudice, test this belief in front of a judge who shall give a ruling to the best of their ability.

After giving a sufficient amount of time the Emir leaned forward eagerly. "We are intrigued by your thoughts."

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2022, 08:52:21 PM »
Patriarch Alexy read the draft several times while drinking tea and trying to imagine the implications of the document on Samantra’s legal system. In most ways Samantra was already compliant and in the few ways that it was not he knew he could not defend it publicly.

“Allow me praise you for the proposed draft. It is ambitious, comprehensive and takes into account the needs of the individual while not ignoring the obligations of the individual to the family, society, state and God.

I would like to see the final document use unborn rather than fetus in article 11. And I noticed that there are many requirements on the part of the state and society to provide for the individual and I would like to see a provision or a more clear way to express a basic Christian principle that “If anyone is not willing to work, let him not eat”. So for examples the privileges afforded in articles 25 and 26 should be forfeited if man refuses to work. 

And before I conclude I give praise to article 35 which ensures the document will be interpreted by the proper authorities in the manner that is according to our traditions, beliefs and societal standards. " 

Offline paralipomena

• Order Of The Pen
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2022, 10:48:52 PM »

"I can only praise such ambitious and reasonable document", Cheon Suk-won said. He paused for a bit seconds. He knew that the text could be understood back home as a political document, which threatened to break with the official apolitical stance of the Free Universal Church.

"I find it a reasonable document with rather common sense positions on morality and religion", Cheon added. "I agree with the Samantran brother that it should be as flexible to apply as possible, we all come from very different cultural and social contexts, after all, which will require some wide understanding to find our common ground".

Offline Rayyu

• Order Of The Pen
  • Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2022, 09:22:33 PM »
Mansur felt a sense of relief now he knew people didn't think his ideas were insane or intolerable. He had expected more edits and redrafts but the original looked like it might get away relative unscathed. Mansur turned his attention first to Cheon Suk-Won. "I'm grateful for your kind words. I believe that the draft gives flexibility for nations to fit many of the articles around their laws." He was confident that no nation around the table would find it difficult to fit to the spirit of the document.

He then turned to the charters biggest critic, which in truth was a very mild criticism, Mansur considered what he was about to say for a moment. "Patriach Alexy" he began, "I can appreciate the ideas you have suggested, we ourselves considered whether to use fetus or unborn. In the end we elected to use a more scientific word. We have no issue using the phrase unborn, in the end it achieves the same function so I can support it." He paused for another few seconds. "In the guise of article 25 I can appreciate your concern but I do not believe that if we have the means to save a life we should withhold that regardless of the reason why. Life is the most precious gift and if it is within our power to ethically sustain it then we must. Perhaps we could examine a wording that sees us move to give life saving care while perhaps not doing so for things such as cosmetic care which I frankly view as just vanity. As for Article 26 I think we may misunderstand each other. To my reading the article simply says it is the duty of the state to ensure that every man is allowed to earn a decent livlihood that would allow them to provide for themselves and their family. I think a wise man once said "The Devil Makes Work for Idle Hands" and I think this is a wise saying. Perhaps the idea I was aiming for is lost in translation, what if we added a single word that I think will make the intent clearer."

"The States shall ensure the right of the individual to earn a decent living that may enable him to meet his requirements and those of his dependents, including food, clothing, housing, education, medical care and all other basic needs.

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2022, 03:20:21 PM »
Patriarch Alexy first addressed the points where there was agreement:

“I am pleased with the adding of the word “earn” to the 26th article. It clarifies any potential misunderstanding.”

At the use of the word unborn rather than fetus, Patriarch Alexy nodded in agreement.

He then proceeded to what seemed the last point of contention as far as he was concerned.

“Life is indeed precious and a gift from God, brother but the gift is granted by our Creator to each of us individually. If one does not contribute, we cannot allow them to profit for the fruits of labor of those that do and sacrifice their lives for those resources. My proposal for the article would be:

Everyone shall have the right to critical medical and vital social care, and to all public amenities provided by society and the State within the limits of their available resources. Individuals are expected to contribute to society and the State, according to their ability and as prescribed by law, for those services.

I believe this article, in the manner presented, allows each of our faiths and nations to interpret and implement it according to our traditions, understanding of the natural law and for the benefit of our societies. “

Offline Kemerovo

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2022, 08:54:23 PM »
Tikhon was so far happy with the progress being made. He waited for Alexy to finish "Lazy hands make for poverty,  but diligent hands bring wealth." He quoted, "I would agree that we can with this send a strong message that hard work is a virtue. While the MCUR promotes handing people things on a plate we must reflect the truth that even in a land uninspired by our God it is not fair that the hard working provide for the non-working. I believe though that alongside this statement we must do something, and this can be separate to this document, that helps what I would call the deserving poor, those born unfortunate in terms of health, the old, the sick, the orphans and the like. I read that orphanages in Samantra face difficulties placing children and that is a sad affair. Once we are done here perhaps then we need to consider now that we have made it clear the undeserving poor need to take part in their nation how we can help those who would contribute if they were able."

Offline Rayyu

• Order Of The Pen
  • Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2022, 04:39:07 PM »
"I believe taking what has been requested we have ended up at this points" Mansur smiled

Aware that mankind has been given a special responsibility on Mundus by The Almighty

Understanding that it is an individuals duty to not infringe on those rights of others

The organisations and nations that have signed this document recognise and are committed to the following.

1. All humanity, regardless of what faith they follow, are part of one family. An individual should not face discrimination on the basis of race, colour, language, belief, sex, religion, political affiliation, social status or other considerations.

2. Life is a God-given gift and the right to life is guaranteed to every human being. It is the duty of individuals, societies and states to safeguard this right against any violation, and it is prohibited to take away life except for a just legal reason.

3. It is forbidden to resort to any means which could result in the genocidal annihilation of mankind.

4. It is the duty of individuals, societies and states to preserve life wherever possible.

5.  Safety from bodily harm is a guaranteed right. It is the duty of the state to safeguard it, and it is prohibited to breach it without a just legal reason.

6. All should be done to avoid armed conflict except if it is in a just cause of self -defence or stopping either corruption, tyranny, discrimination or oppression

a) In the event of the use of force and in case of armed conflict, it is not permissible to kill non-belligerents such as old men, women and children. The wounded and the sick shall have the right to medical treatment; and prisoners of war shall have the right to be fed, sheltered and clothed. It is prohibited to mutilate or dismember dead bodies. It is required to exchange prisoners of war and to arrange visits or reunions of families separated by circumstances of war.

b)  It is prohibited to deliberately cut down trees, to destroy crops or livestock, to destroy the enemy's civilian buildings and installations by shelling, blasting or any other means.

7. Every human being is entitled to human sanctity and the protection of one's good name and honour during one's life and after one's death.

8. The state and the society shall protect one's body and burial place from desecration regardless of faith.

9. The family is the foundation of society, and marriage is the basis of making a family.

a) Men and women have the right to marriage, and no restrictions stemming from race, colour or nationality shall prevent them from exercising this right.

b) The society and the State shall remove all obstacles to marriage and facilitate it, and shall protect the family and safeguard its welfare.

10. Woman is equal to man in human dignity, and has her own rights to enjoy as well as duties to perform.

11.  As of the moment of birth, every child has rights due from the parents, the society and the state to be accorded proper nursing, education and material, hygienic and moral care. Both the unborn and the mother must be safeguarded and accorded special care.

12. Parents and those in such like capacity have the right to choose the type of education they desire for their children, provided they take into consideration the interest and future of the children in accordance with ethical values.

13. The seeking of knowledge is an obligation and provision of education is the duty of the society and the State. The State shall ensure the availability of ways and means to acquire education and shall guarantee its diversity in the interest of the society so as to enable Man to be acquainted with God and uncover the secrets of the Universe for the benefit of mankind.

14. Every human being has a right to receive both religious and worldly education from the various institutions of teaching, education and guidance, including the family, the school, the university, the media, etc., and in such an integrated and balanced manner that would develop human personality, strengthen Man's faith in their God and promote Man's respect to and defence of both rights and obligations.

15. Both parents are entitled to certain rights from their children, and relatives are entitled to rights from their kin.

16. It is prohibited to exercise any form of pressure on a person or to exploit their poverty or ignorance in order to force them to change their religion to another religion or to atheism.

17. Human beings are born free, and no one has the right to take away this freedom without just legal cause.

18.  Colonialism of all types is totally prohibited. Peoples suffering from colonialism have the full right to freedom and self-determination. It is the duty of all States peoples to support the struggle of colonized peoples for the liquidation of all forms of and occupation, and all States and peoples have the right to preserve their independent identity and control over their wealth and natural resources.

19. Every person shall have the right, within the framework of the law, to free movement and to select their place of residence whether within or outside his country and if persecuted, is entitled to seek asylum in another country.

20. The country of refuge shall be obliged to provide protection to the asylum-seeker until their safety has been attained, unless asylum is motivated by committing an act regarded by the host state as a crime.

21 a) Work is a right guaranteed by the State and the Society for each person with capability to work. Everyone shall be free to choose the work that suits them best and which serves their interests as well as those of the society.

b)  The employee shall have the right to enjoy safety and security as well as all other social guarantees. They may not be assigned work beyond his capacity nor shall they be subjected to compulsion or exploited or harmed in any way.

c) They shall be entitled - without any discrimination between males and females - to fair wages for their work without delay, as well as to the holidays allowances and promotions which they deserve.

d) On their part a worker shall be required to be dedicated and meticulous in their work. Should workers and employers disagree on any matter, the State shall intervene to settle the dispute and have the grievances redressed, the rights confirmed and justice enforced without bias.

e) Everyone shall have the right to earn a legitimate living without monopolization, deceit or causing harm to oneself or to others.

22. Everyone shall have the right to own property acquired in a legitimate way, and shall be entitled to the rights of ownership without prejudice to oneself, others or the society in general. Expropriation is not permissible except for requirements of public interest and upon payment of prompt and fair compensation.  Confiscation and seizure of property is prohibited except for a necessity dictated by law.

23. Everyone shall have the right to enjoy the fruits of his scientific, literary, artistic or technical labour of which they are the author; and they shall have the right to the protection of their moral and material interests stemming therefrom, provided it is not contrary to the principles of the law of the land.

24.  Everyone shall have the right to live in a clean environment, away from vice and moral corruption, that would favour a healthy ethical development of his person and it is incumbent upon the State and society in general to afford that right.

25.  Everyone shall have the right to critical medical and vital social care, and to all public amenities provided by society and the State within the limits of their available resources. Individuals are expected to contribute to society and the State, according to their ability and as prescribed by law, for those services.

26. The States shall ensure the right of the individual to a earn decent living that may enable him to meet his requirements and those of his dependents, including food, clothing, housing, education, medical care and all other basic needs.

27. Everyone shall have the right to privacy in the conduct of his private affairs, in his home, among his family, with regard to his property and his relationships. It is not permitted to spy on him, to place him under surveillance or to besmirch his good name. The State shall protect him from arbitrary interference.

28. A private residence is inviolable in all cases. It will not be entered without permission from its inhabitants or in any unlawful manner, nor shall it be demolished or confiscated and its dwellers evicted.

29. All individuals are equal before the law, without distinction between the ruler and the ruled. The right to resort to justice is guaranteed to everyone. A defendant is innocent until his guilt is proven in a fast trial in which he shall be given all the guarantees of defence.

30. It is not permitted without legitimate reason to arrest an individual, or restrict their freedom, to exile or to punish them. It is not permitted to subject them to physical or psychological torture or to any form of maltreatment, cruelty or indignity. Nor is it permitted to subject an individual to medical or scientific experiments without their consent or at the risk of their health or of their life. Nor is it permitted to promulgate emergency laws that would provide executive authority for such actions.

32a) Everyone shall have the right to express his opinion freely in such manner as would not be contrary to the principles of good order.

b) Everyone shall have the right to advocate what is right, and propagate what is good, and warn against what is wrong and evil according to the norms of society.

c) Information is a vital necessity to society. It may not be exploited or misused in such a way as may violate sanctities and the dignity of others, undermine moral and ethical Values or disintegrate, corrupt or harm society or weaken its faith.

d) It is not permitted to excite nationalistic or doctrinal hatred or to do anything that may be an incitement to any form or racial discrimination.

33. Authority is a trust; and abuse or malicious exploitation thereof is explicitly prohibited, in order to guarantee fundamental human rights.

34. Everyone shall have the right to participate, directly or indirectly in the administration of his country's public affairs. He shall also have the right to assume public office in accordance with the provisions of the law.

35. Should an individual believe the nation in which they reside is not fulfilling these obligations they may, without prejudice, test this belief in front of a judge who shall give a ruling to the best of their ability.

"Now as for the idea put forward by Tikhon I think that is something we can examine soon. Perhaps it is best though to take it one thing at a time. Our own faith promotes the idea of zakat, charity to aid the poor but I understand the idea of tithes in Christian communities is not unusual. Once we have sorted this charter out we can look to how perhaps we can direct already existing mechanisms towards the most good."

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2022, 05:22:09 PM »
Patriarch Alexy was pleased with the document and said:

“I think what we have achieved here is not only pleasing to the Lord but will make Mundus a better place. There is much more to be done and I thank Brother in Christ Tikhon for his concern but we need to take it one step at a time. In order to make sure the document does not remain just a piece of paper we need to see that it is implemented properly and also explained to the other countries and communities that follow the God of Abraham so that they too might sign it one day. We have much work ahead of us but we have made an important and I dare say historic first step.”

Offline Rayyu

• Order Of The Pen
  • Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2022, 12:11:29 AM »
Mansur saw the smile on the Emir's face and the respectful and proud nod he gave the imam. "While I would like to think we can be proud of what we have achieved it is worth remembering An atom’s weight of pride can lead one to hell. We must not begin patting ourselves on the back until we have truly put into practice the words of the creator. I suppose we could say that until the ink is dry we have not completed our work." He said as he gestured that it was now time for Emir Sulaiman to speak.

"I suspect that once this document is signed some, if not all of us, will face criticism in the media from nations aligned with the MCUR. What I propose then is that we host a news conference and have a signing ceremony. By doing so we may be able to take some of the wind from the sails. It is also my intention that following the signing the treaty will be left in a place where diplomats, envoys and the likes from across the world can come and simply add their signature for say a fortnight. Allow those maybe unable to attend to make a visible symbol that they support us. Therefore I will ask my staff to prepare a short signing showcase." he stood from his chair. "We shall meet again in the future to discuss the establishment of something that our friend Tikhon has suggested, perhaps once we know who is likely to be involved he would do us the honour of visiting his nation to make it a reality."

The Emir gestured to a guard who stood near a doorway who quickly disappeared inside. Within a few minutes glasses of fresh fruit juice and chilled rose water was being brought forth. There were even a few glasses of alcohol free champagne. There was time for those at the conference to mingle and speak on matters they had in their mind while fruit and cheese platters were placed on the table. "I was nervous with a Heyran  here, with us serving alcohol free Champagne I would fear an invasion, but it appears the youth of our nation see some of these celebrations in things like sports and more liberal nations celebrations and see it as something to emulate, the problem for us however is of course it would not be halal and so we're finding a growing market for the taste of these products without the mind altering alcohol. I just hope our Heyran friend here doesn't  I'm trying to poison them." He took a sip of one and liked the taste despite never having tasted the real thing.

As the sun began to set a gaggle of people began to gather outside in the public plaza of the Mosque of the Emirs. Inside the Emir and several hundred of the Muslim faithful (OOC- Any Muslims in the RP feel free to join) were lead in prayer by Mansur. As they finished the Emir, still wearing his prayer hat and a plain simple white thobe. As the media and interested citizens gathered to watch the Emir and Mansur shook hands with the various guests before the Emir addressed the gathered media.

"Several weeks ago I was pondering the track which the Emirate of Rayyu would travel down. In recent years we've seen several attempts to establish a system to ensure that the people of Mundus are able to live in peace. These efforts deserve the applause and commendation of us all. While the Mundus Convention of Universal Rights is a noble pursuit however my concern, and that shared by the wonderful people I've had a chance to meet today, is that the MCUR goes too far. It focuses on rights without responsibilities. To many of us, particularly those descended from the Abrahamic Faiths, the MCUR is moving away from the Almighty. This has given some ammunition to try and attack us as uncaring and tyrannical towards our citizens. Today we show that nothing could be further than the truth. This document that has united the Christian, Muslim and Jewish worlds has been created with input from respected scholars, individuals who are experts in their faith and a handful of politicians as spectators. Unlike the MCUR this document will not just apply to nations, any organisation may show the world it supports the aims of this document, any NGO may abide by it, let it be a herald for what we hope for Mundus. While today I shall be proud to affix my name to this I have also relayed invitations to hundreds of individuals from across Mundus inviting them to become signatories to this. Be that the newest sects of religions such as the Manist Church of Clysperis to the most ancient ones such as the Pope in the Ecclesiastical State, every Head of State and Head of government have been invited. They are welcome to come here and sign the document in person or affirm their intent to follow it. Allah wishes us to live in peace with friendship between all people and today I am pleased to have made some more."

With that the Emir signed the bottom of the document and offered the pen to the next person waiting.

11.  As of the moment of birth, every child has rights due from the parents, the society and the state to be accorded proper nursing, education and material, hygienic and moral care. Both the unborn and the mother must be safeguarded and accorded special care.

25.  Everyone shall have the right to critical medical and vital social care, and to all public amenities provided by society and the State within the limits of their available resources. Individuals are expected to contribute to society and the State, according to their ability and as prescribed by law, for those services.

26. The States shall ensure the right of the individual to a earn decent living that may enable him to meet his requirements and those of his dependents, including food, clothing, housing, education, medical care and all other basic needs.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2022, 12:31:40 AM by Rayyu »

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2022, 09:32:43 AM »
OOC note: Patriarch Alexy signed the declaration.

Offline Geo

• Regional Power
  • Scratch a Liberal...
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Ni
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2022, 11:19:25 AM »

Offline Kodima

• Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2022, 01:46:08 PM »
Emperor Malachi had been pleased that the document had been achieved. It would fit rather nicely with the rabbinic law and so he had no hesitation adding his signature to it. "I'm grateful that the Emir organised today's meeting. While the faiths that underpin this charter share a common heritage it is my hope others, perhaps not even of the Abrahamic faiths, will see its value and add their backing to ours.  Emir Sulaiman congratulations on this moment." The Emperor signed the document and offered a hand to the host and then the others.

Offline Kermah

• Order Of The Pen
  • Microstate
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Kermah
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2022, 07:38:05 PM »

Offline Rayyu

• Order Of The Pen
  • Microstate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2022, 07:10:54 PM »

On behalf of the Kingdom of Clysperis I offer my congratulations to the Abrahamic nations for producing a viable alternative to the Occidental-dominated Mundus Convention for "Universal" Rights. Often employed as a tool of internationalist powers to strip each and every unique culture of their qualities to bring into existence their idea of a homogenized Mundus, and as a vehicle to export their degeneracy and impose it upon the sovereign nations of Mundus we now have a document which recognizes that not everyone is the same, that we should not tolerate men laying with men (and likewise, women laying with women) and confer upon it the holy recognition of marriage, and that it should not be imposed upon the nations of Mundus to normalize mutilating surgeries in the name of "sexual reassignment surgery" denying these people the actual help they need for their issues.

Therefore, on behalf of the Clysperi Government in Exile, I am pleased to affix my signature to the Abrahamic Declaration. I hope this shall open the doors for further cooperation between our states in our mutual quest to guard against the sick Occident.

Ramose Sehet-ib-Re, Sovereign of Sovereigns, Chosen of Ra, Lord of the Three Lands.

The official record shall not record the Kingdom of Clysperis as having signed the Declaration. This is because we recognise Pharaoh Akasha as the Head of State. As Clysperis has signed the MCUR it is incompatible to be members of both the Declaration and the MCUR. 

Emir Sulaiman Samar El-Amin