Author Topic: The Transition  (Read 6431 times)

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
Re: The Transition
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2022, 08:30:27 AM »
Asuna was in over her head to be honest, sure she had followed Rokkenjiman motors to some extent but she had most certainly inherited her mother's love for vessels and all things naval. She had been impressed with the drag strip and admired their abilities, but it remained mostly a new world to her. "Is....that safe?" the words finally passed beyond her lips. "I mean I remember learning of the hydrogen filled airships of the old days and how that ended, what happens when you put that stuff into a car?"

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2022, 11:29:21 PM »
"It's safe." Vicky said "Truth is when fossil fuels run out, which we all know will happen at some point, we're going to need alternatives hydrogen is one option." she smiled "Now you're not going to want to miss this."

Vicky guided Asuna to a spot from which they could watch as Serenity lined the car up against another dragster "Now that thing over there isn't exactly slow." Vicky said as the lights went green and both vehicles raced away, the dragster was fast but compared to what Serenity was driving it might as well have been standing still "But it's got nothing on our girl. Not a bad way to end the day right?"

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2022, 01:05:41 AM »
"Amazing," Asina said with a smile. "We don't have events like these at home, everyone's either focused on the concert scene or the sports my father pushed so hard for, I might have to bring things like this home with me. They'll be enchanted by people driving at seemingly unsafe speeds, it might just puzzle them for a bit," she continued, imagining the scenes at home of similar events.

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2022, 10:47:27 PM »
A few days after the speed festival things had settled into something of a routine, Asuna was in her first week of school at Lady Morgana's, McKenna was getting time with several Achkaerinese Ministers as he began to be prepared for when he took on the Viceregency, which just left Euphy - Peter had been right at the start of the process this was about more than just preparing Asuna for the throne it was also about getting so many people where they needed to go and Euphy was perhaps the hardest in that sense. Serenity was sat playing the grand piano in the Palace's ballroom, it was what she did to relax, when she needed to think and she'd been doing a lot of that. It was getting close to three years since she'd lost Isaac, it had been tough, pulling herself out of the well as Renee had put it. There'd been the odd rumor, the odd trip out with a friend but nothing really to match Isaac. Was she ready to move on? She'd thought about it a lot and then out of seemingly nowhere she'd wondered about something. Smiling she got up from the piano and walked through to the living area where she found Euphy reading.

"Hey." Serenity said "So your cousin tells me you have an obscure trivia thing, want to see something special?"

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2022, 04:23:59 AM »
"Why hello," Euphy said warmly, "I mean that is a nice way to put it that I have accumulated an impressive set of largely useless information outside of specific situations, so I thank her for that first of all. Secondly, I am most intrigued, what would be so special that I would have a private audience with the Crown Princess of Achkaerin to view it alongside her?"

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2022, 03:23:36 PM »
"I guess you'll just have to wait and see." Serenity said giggling a little as she gently pulled Euphy to her feet "It is worth the wait though."

Serenity took Euphy through the Palace to a set of rooms that was largely a pet project of her family, opening the door revealed what could easily have been taken for a museum exhibit, the room had portraits on the wall of the monarchs of Achkaerin going back hundreds of years including Djana Azurewind, to date the sole Empress, each portrait had a plinth and glass case in front of it, atop the plinths sat a crown while each case held seven swords - the only exception being the case in front of Peter's portrait which held eight, owing to the addition of Awhaele.

"Part of the accession process for us is that upon a monarch vacating the throne the crown they wore and their swords of marque as we call them are destroyed, symbolically ending their era, what you see here are replica's of the crowns and the swords of those who've come before." Serenity said "Most of this is all tied up in a council that met thousands of years ago, but it's a nice tradition." she smiled "And of course there are stories, or to put it another way plenty more useless information you could hear about."

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2022, 12:10:52 AM »
"That sounds wonderful, lead the way!" Euphy said with a chuckle as she followed.

"Intriguing," Euphy said as she listened to Serenity. "You know in Pyrettannia at times the very body of the former Empress was destroyed, as there can only be one Blessed of Islyna, yes? The most brutal was the dismemberment of Empress Kyiomi, and herr disposal in vats of acid, it's said to this day she has not had a proper burial and that her spirit hangs over all proceedings of the Imperial Counil. Wild, yes?"

"Traditions are nice," she continued, "but they are also of the people who came before. You do not strike me as the type to be tied to that, so I must ask, why am I here today? Certainly I have knowledge I wouldn't of had before but where does that leave us? You know, you are most cute when you are perplexed as you are now."

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2022, 10:51:05 PM »
It wasn't often that Serenity blushed, the last time had been on a makeshift basketball court a few years ago but here she was blushing again. "There's not much that your cousin and I have in common but we do have a habit of having conversations with dead people, Beatrice gets visits from Josiah... me? I see Isaac." she took a slight breath and glanced at Euphy "You know what I hear him saying in my head? Find someone, be happy, move on. Easier said than done." she smiled slightly "And I absolutely suck at this part..." she sucked in a breath, it was amusing wasn't it? She'd stared down several notable tyrants and dictators at the negotiation table with a courage and confidence that was unshakeable and where was that now? "But would you want to go out with me?"

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2022, 04:30:14 AM »
“I can’t imagine what that must be like for you and her, though I find myself wondering how she hasn’t had an altercation with Josiah given the sum of their relationship,” she paused, “and while some may question words passed to them from beyond the grave at the end of the day we’re all energy and as energy can neither be created nor destroyed, it doesn’t surprise me that he would wish you to be happy. There’s a world of possibilities out there for all of us, just waiting for us to discover them, and so if you’d like to see what we can discover together, I say yes.”

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2022, 05:38:32 PM »
"So shall we say meet out front in a couple of hours, go have dinner and don't tell McKenna... or Asuna for that matter but hit a club or something afterwards?" Serenity said grinning ever so slightly, this wasn't her comfort zone but those first dates with Isaac had been so far out of her comfort zone so it was as you were on that score. "Let's see what we can get up to while the night's young."

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2022, 11:18:48 PM »
"Sounds perfect, and trust me they'll be too busy and unassuming to even notice anything tonight. You know the town better than I do so I'll be following your lead," she said with a grin.

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2022, 08:34:45 PM »
Two hours later Serenity in a pair of jeans and a t-shirt was rushing down the stairs pulling a jumper on, something she hadn't done in years and last time had likely been her school uniform, grabbing her car keys she smiled at Euphy "C'mon you're going to like this." she said before they went out to the car.

Serenity's venue of choice was a small place a couple of miles from the Royal University of Music, so very much in a student area, the place was called Midnight a homage to all things sci fi, the decor certainly accounted for that so did the karaoke stage and dance floor. After they'd sat down Serenity half smiled as she slid a menu in front of Euphy "It reads like science fiction's greatest hits but that's for fun the actual descriptions make it obvious what the food and drink are." Serenity said

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2022, 02:07:04 AM »
Euphemia chuckled, "It's perfect. I don't know if you knew about this but, years ago, Beatrice had a certain blue police box installed in the basement of Pyrenna Castle, leading to several interconnected chambers and rooms. She gave Alex as close to a real TARDIS as anyone on Mundus could, sometimes I'd venture inside and just play with the button and levers, I'm sure I could show you sometime. Outside of the actual studios there's little chance to experience the real thing beyond what she built for him. It's very much a monument of love in many ways, I hate to think how much it cost but to have someone you're willing to go to all expenses for, isn't that what we're all looking for?"

"Speaking of the menu," she paused, "they'd best have some Aldeberan Whiskey or else we're calling McKenna. Little known fact, he's a big Star Trek nerd and has an entire club dedicated to Star Trek inspired drink and food in Pyrettania."

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2022, 02:24:47 PM »
"You're in the home of Star Trek do you honestly think they don't have that?" Serenity asked giggling "So..." the table had an electronic tablet style display mounted at one end, of course it was the LCARS display adapted for the purposes of allowing patrons to place their orders "One Aldebaran Whiskey for you and a Chateau Picard for me." she made sure she was ordering the non alcoholic version for herself "And to eat I'm probably going for the Bajoran shrimp." she smiled a little "I suspect Asuna has snuck you into my garage and shown you that rocket car well that was mine and Isaac's TARDIS so to speak, we spent days packing all that power into that engine, a shame he never got to see it race down the salt flats. When you put that much love into something and then it's not there... you're almost afraid to go looking for it again and now I'm starting to ramble like Dad." she giggled again

"Your drinks." the young waitress's words interrupted the moment
"Thanks Steph." Serenity said
"You planning on singing later?" Steph asked she glanced at Euphy "She's very good lovely voice you know." Serenity had gone bright red at this point
"Maybe." Serenity said as the waitress left "You get dared into one trock song and then they want more."

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2023, 09:46:34 PM »
"I'll admit I'm not comfortable in these settings," Euphy sighed, "I put on my poker face yet, I'm such a farce, I bet you can see right through me in this moment. I'm transparent and left without cover, what do you do with me?" she said with a snicker. "I'm not my cousins," she continued, "I kept a low profile for a reason, made such few waves, I didn't want anyone to see me yet," she paused, "somehow you saw me and here we are. And what do I do with that information?"

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2023, 04:49:53 PM »
"If you were your cousins I doubt we'd be sat here in this setting in the circumstances we are." Serenity said picking up her drink that had arrived in the interim "I saw you a long time ago in Northfort, Beatrice brought you along for the talks on the Cultural Exchange Treaty, I was just glad I wasn't the only teenager in the room." she giggled "So what do you do with that? You do whatever you want with it. What do I do with you? The better question is what do you want me to do with you? You tell me."