Author Topic: Annual CSC Summit  (Read 5043 times)

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
Annual CSC Summit
« on: June 30, 2022, 07:47:56 AM »
Cross-Straits Community

Annual Summit of the Cross-Straits Community

Friends, allies and partners across the Cross-Straits nations;

As we continue to move forward into this year it is my privilege to invite you to the Headquarters of the Cross-Straits Community for a Summit which will set our agenda, reaffirm our bonds, and address a variety of issues before the Community and Mundus at large. As Cross-Straits affairs have been added to my purview, along with an attache who is well versed with the Community, I look forward to getting to know you all as well as working together on issues which face all of our nations. The first issue we shall be tackling is slavery, both states who practice slavery and those who aid and albeit them in the continuation of this barbaric and reprehensible institution. Secondly, it is the indication of several people I have spoken to to see a broad spectrum military exercise to gauge the interoperability of the Cross-Straits Treaty Organisation, and we believe that the Rokkenjima and Dauntel Seas make the perfect area for such exercises to occur. In addition to any topics our Cross-Straits allies and partners wish to approach ISEA will be present to address our mutual space-fairing endeavours, whilst a representative from the IOAA will be on hand to talk about exciting new developments for the exploration of Mundus' oceans which we know much less well than even our own lunar surface.

I also understand that some representatives wish to discuss the future of the Cross-Straits Community, including the CSTO specifically, which shall be addressed at the Summit, together. I look forward to welcoming you all at the Headquarters of the Cross-Straits Community and making this meeting a rousing success!

Princess of Azukishima
Duchess of Pyrettania

Princess Kyōko awaited the arrival of her guests at the Headquarters of the Cross-Straits Community. Evanthe had selected her to represent the First Empire of Rokkenjima as a test as the audience would be "friendlies", and she held confidence in her capabilities having worked with her during her tenure as the Governor of Rishiri. She reviewed her notes, both those given to her by the Imperial Rokkenjiman Government and her own, "Remember Beatrice's strengths, not her shortfalls," and rose her head when the first arrival was announced.

"I'm pleased to welcome you to this Summit of the Cross-Straits Community," she said with a respectful bow. "May our discussions today be productive," she continued with a smile.

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Online Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
  • Boldly staying where everyone has gone before
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Empire of DaitoTIO
Re: Annual CSC Summit
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2022, 09:14:49 PM »
Prime Minister Suketoshi Heishi stepped forwards, accompanied by his aides as he approached the building. It seemed improper for the Emperor to bother himself with this summit, in light of news which he was not privy to speak about openly, but besides that, it was figured he needed the experience with such occasions. He had been present for the last summit when His Majesty attended in person, sure, but that was a fluke, it wasn't expected to be the norm. For a second, he paused, pulling down the leather glove that obscured the prosthesis that was his left hand, after which he walked up the stairs to meet the host.
   "Princess Kyōko, I believe?" He asked with modulated voice, soft-spoken even. "I am Prime Minister Suketoshi Heishi. With me are Director Jiro Asagiri as well as State Ministers Fumito Gushiken and Tadakatsu Haruno." He noted, motioning to a few members of his entourage before finishing with "It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance." as he bowed slightly. He was surprised that he was first to arrive, truth be told, though not too greatly so, given that comparative proximity of the two nations.

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2022, 02:09:28 AM »
"Honourable Ministers, Director, it is a pleasure to host you. I've seen that a variety of refreshments await you inside with dishes and beverages representative of each Cross-Straits nation. I do hope that our chefs have been capable of doing each one justice, though I imagine you will be the judge of that," she finished with a smirk. "I'll have my aid here on standby should anyone arrive whilst I show you in," she said with a motion for the trio to follow. "If I were one to gamble my bet would be on either the Tytorians or Achkaerinese to be the next to join us. Until then, perhaps you can enlighten me, what do you see as the most crucial issue to be addressed at this summit?

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2022, 12:19:20 AM »
Suketoshi and his group followed in silence, listening to what their host had to say before any of them spoke up. It was only when she mentioned, in what seemed like something she had thought of at the spur of the moment, what they thought was of most importance, Suketoshi realized he hadn't really given it that much thought too recently. Sure, the others in his group had theirs; for Gushiken-san, it was, in keeping with his position as State Minister of Defense, certainly talk of proposed joint-CSTO military exercises to close out his tenure in the position. For Haruno-san, likely any efforts to foster closer ties with Daitō's allies were paramount. Asagiri-san... Well, given his position as Director of DNSA, that was obvious. But himself? He wasn't going to lie and say there was nothing he saw as crucial, but his interests came subservient to those of the Empire.
   "We shall see, your grace. Of course, there are things I might view as more crucial than what the Empire requires, yet here I am, standing before you not in my own self-interest, but as the loyal servant of the Empire." He paused, thinking over what next to say. "To be honest, we're not too different. This is a new role for me to fulfill. But, from what I do know, it is my homeland's best interest to foster closer ties both within the cross straits community and without, and so I will pursue that." He noted before following it up with "To answer your question, however, I'll let you in on something of a secret. I may support the CSTO, but I can't say the same for others back home. There are a lot of people watching this summit closely. If it doesn't go well in their eyes, we have trouble. So honestly? The entire meeting is crucial, in my opinion."

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2022, 02:16:17 AM »
Kyōko chuckled, "So at least I am not the only one new to my duties today, that gives me some comfort. Before, when the USR and Warsaw were potent foes, the case for the CSTO was easy; born during the course of a series of diplomatic talks which saw the USR threaten the assembled diplomats with a vial of biological weapons and a blockade of the whole of the Great Northern Sea. Today the case is admittedly less easy, with no current peer adversaries existing, though I believe that the collective capacity of the CSTO nations can yet be harnessed towards serving the interests of not only our own security, but in promoting global good in a variety of manners. Perhaps, if we work well together, we may yet set the CSTO on a path of evolution long overdue. I do hope I can count on you to be a partner in that endeavour."

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2022, 04:35:29 PM »
The noise outside grew somewhat louder as the Achkaerinese arrived, the occasion, the details, what was in reality on the line meant that this was a job for arguably the countries two most experienced diplomatic figures Crown Princess Serenity and her cousin Sakura Sheppard, there wasn't much the two of them hadn't been involved in over the years, treaty negotiations, crisis management, high stakes diplomacy involving staring down some of the worst Mundus had to offer, they'd both also had the supposed honour of being Secretary General of the CTO, both having left that office significantly more scarred than when they'd entered it but they were much the stronger for it. As for the arrival itself, it was as might have been guessed one of Serenity's car collection that was parked up out front.

"The last time we had to deal with anything like this we were in Silverhills." Sakura said
"And we were still flogging a dead horse." Serenity said taking a moment to relax in the drivers seat as she checked her notes on her tablet "Let's hope for better this time."
"And if not?" Sakura said
"Then I tell Dad we have a problem." Serenity said "But first things first let's go see if we can get a result."

Offline Tytor

• Regional Power
  • All the world's a stage...
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Tytor
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2022, 08:44:15 PM »
OOC: I despise writing arrivals because I never know what to do with them.  Prime Minister Thatcher has arrived alongside Sir Gregory Major, Minister of Foreign Affairs, and a small delegation of aides.  Let's move on to the meeting itself.
His Majesty Michael the First, by the Grace of God, King of Tytor and her Colonies, and Lord Protector of Floodwater

Factbook -- News -- Press Office

Former Governor-General of The Infinite Alliance
Former Ambassador to Albion and the Global Right Alliance
Former Vice Premier and Speaker of the Senate of the Independent Order
Professional Procrastinator

Non-partisan and proud of it

"A witty saying proves nothing." - Voltaire

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2022, 04:30:16 AM »
Princess Kyōko joined the delegations in the chamber usually utilized for meetings of the CSTO. Standing at the lectern she looked over some notes before looking to each delegation. "Welcome, one and all, to the 2022 Annual Summit of the Cross-Straits Community. I'm pleased to have the opportunity to be speaking with you today and, yes, while there are some empty seats," she looked to the area reserved for Lakhzovia, "worry not: their arrival may be late and I have a wonderful team preparing notes and transcripts for them to catch up. With that being said, let us get to work."

"The first issue before us, as cited by members including the First Empire and the Holy Empire, are continued efforts to vanquish slavery from our world. As you are all well aware the Tamoran Empire, with the aid and assistance of the Republic of Heyra, continues to perpetuate this institution well beyond its expiration date. We have seen testimony, in the form of a recounting of events from Pharaoh Seti of Clysperis, which has provided evidence that the Republic of Heyra knowingly provided avenues for the Tamoran Empire to evade international sanctions targeting it for continuing to employ slavery. With no clear response from the Republic beyond abject denial we must assume that they are, as the First Empire has determined, a State Associated With Institution Of Slavery."

"The first question before us is as such: how does the Community approach this issue? What responses do we make, what actions are before us, to finally see a Mundus free of the institutions of forced servitude and slavery? I give the floor over to Crown Princess Serenity of the Holy Empire," Kyōko said as she took a seat behind and to the right of the lectern.

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2022, 09:19:07 PM »
Serenity took a deep breath as she checked her notes and brought up her first slide a map of Mundus showing faint lines and bold dots on it. "This map shows known trafficking routes, the dots indicate the 115 stops on smuggler, trafficker and slaver vessels carried out by the Achkaerinese navy, the authority being acted under is as you will be aware Article 110 of the FSC and all carried out under appropriate circumstances. What I've described forms the first block of any response, direct action to free the slaves that we can get to, those being transported on the seas whether by criminal gangs, pirates or occasionally commercial ferry firms. Under the FSC there is an obligation to cooperate in combating the slave trade, there is the authority under 110 to visit vessels suspected of participation in the slave trade, and there is the provision that when a slave steps onto the deck of a signatory vessel they're automatically free. This is as you are now aware an ongoing Achkaerinese operation that is likely mirrored by other nations, what will make this more effective is expanding it with the help of yourselves both in terms of vessels and intelligence coordination, if we can identify where the vessels are, where they're coming from, where they're going and so on - this helps us identify the routes, the players and we get a chance at nipping these things in the bud.

The next step up is the one we all know - slavery practiced by states, in short Tamora. There is a sanctions regime in place against Tamora however this has a certain problem, if you sanction Tamora you then have to sanction those that support Tamora, and that's a bit of a list including but not limited to most of Midaranye, Heyra and Zimalia, bear in mind it took years of diplomacy and even then that was sparked by a civil war to prize Clysperis away from that group. There's the need for diplomacy and bridge building, the need to investigate things, we're not going to eradicate this thing without taking it wider than just us. There's also the need to understand that this is not a case of one size fits all - Waddan has only tribe that engages in the slave trade, that knowledge has the potential to greatly assist our target accuracy in this instance. Target the problem as precisely as possible and avoid collateral damage.

Now we all know whenever this discussion happens we end up by association having to look at the relationship between Tamora and Elysium. A few months ago I laid the issue out quite clearly, there are four subsidiary companies in Elysium, the parent companies of which have between them have close to 600,000 slaves on their books. The risk is obvious, the intent behind the incorporation is so clear that they may as well have shouted it from the rooftops - these companies engage in the slave trade, the subsidiaries allow them to do business outside of Tamora and thus avoid the sanctions against Tamora, clearly for any effective measure against the slave trade to happenn this cannot continue." Serenity paused and changed her slide "Thus I would propose the following proposal be made to the Heyran authorities."

1. Heyra agrees that all businesses incorporated in Elysium shall meet the standard equal to a silver grade Freestone Mark

2. In the case of subsidiary (daughter) companies the parent company must meet the standard of a silver grade Freestone Mark

3. Any company not meeting the criteria or found to be otherwise aiding the slave trade shall not be permitted within Elysium and shall be evicted.

4. This to enter into force on ........

"This proposal if undertaken by Heyra resolves in my opinion the Elysium issue, it sees an agreed minimum standard placed on the parent company, closes the loophole we're wrestling with and ensures the necessary consequence. This can be done and it's not unreasonable, this isn't a one tool job but a multi-layered approach, let's get it right, this is about eradicating an abominable practice not antagonising a good chunk of Mundus. I'm open to questions."

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2022, 06:11:01 AM »
"It seems to be a fair approach to me, and I feel if the status of Tamora Imperial Bank, Jalal Deer, Polakis Energy and Machal Mining may be ascertained beyond a doubt in their relation to the subsidiaries operating within Elysium beyond a doubt we may be able to see progress in a variety of spheres, not only in this matter but in others as well. The First Empire supports measures which ensures that everything is above the board, so to say, and I personally support measures which have the opportunity for seeing improvements which would result from certain questions being answered. The floor shall be open for questions."

OOC: Let's allow no more than a day for questions to be posted on this before moving forward, then we'll move to the next topic of discussion. I appreciate your cooperation. :)

Also, so everyone can be on the same page, I drafted an agenda:

1) Discussion on Slavery
2) Discussion on CSTO, Present and Future
3) Discussion on Centralia
4) Discussion on CSTO Military Exercises
5) Discussion on Joint Scientific Ventures (Space and Terrestrial)
6) Open Topics (Limited discussion time)
7) Drafting and Signature of Ashinxao Declaration (think Dunwich Declaration)
8) Adjourn

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2022, 07:14:54 AM »
"Without objection the Community adopts the Achkaerinese plan. Moving on," Kyōko shuffled her papers, "I now open a discussion on the CSTO, Present and Future."

“For an organisation which has its roots in the international effort against the USR and its Warsaw allies many have, understandably, expressed concern that the CSTO is obsolete, whilst others have expressed doubt in its continued existence. Many can be forgiven for remembering the days when the Cross-Straits Treaty Organisation was forged as an indispensable safeguard against a most certain existential threat, joining together the nations of Rokkenjima, Quinntopia, Kazarovia and Dartfordia, later to be joined by nations such as Chernobereg, Elpidia and Novincia following the great belligerence of the Warsaw Pact over the course of what was supposed to be a peace conference. This does not even count those nations which stood with the CSTO in partnership as Warsaw enacted a blockade of the Great Northern Ocean and threatened interests directly in the Illumic of every free nation upon Mundus.

In these lofty days we saw the creation of a Joint Protectorate Sphere which the Saisei Empress saw as a safety net for nations, whether they face instability or limited defensive abilities, to fall under our defensive umbrella so that they may maintain their territorial integrity, sovereignty and preserve their way of life. We saw back then that, at times, it is neutral parties and those incapable of defending themselves effectively which see their nations used as proxies for wars between the larger powers. It was the threat of the Warsaw Pact, which sought to unleash biological hell upon Mundus, which prompted a nation which would go on to become one of our greatest members, and staunch warrior for democracy, the Republic of Elpidia to join first the Joint Protectorate Sphere before being followed by Chernobereg.

We stared down some of the darkest days then and, through unified determination, overcame the collective might of the Warsaw Pact and kept the GSR-6 genie in the bottle. Naturally this lesson in history doesn’t speak on where the CSTO is today; its original purpose was for defense against attacks from the USR and its Warsaw allies, so why did we persist after they fell? Why did the CSTO rise as a phoenix after being rendered unnecessary once before?

Our core mandate remains the same: the defense of the territorial integrity and defense of all members of the CSTO which is provided through Article 5. Today much of what we do is most definitely more mundane than they were in the days of old: interoperability, joint armament procurements, standardized radio frequencies, even shared munitions. We also see efforts between the allies to combat human trafficking, piracy, abuses against human rights, slavery, and so forth. We have also seen in countless times where the CSTO has utilized its military might to liberate the People of Themata amongst others.

That speaks of our past and present, but what of our future? We see in the Cross-Straits Community a joining of the CSTO and CSU under one umbrella a move, I hope, which will see deeper integration between our states. We see joint ventures in space and the sciences and, while not tied directly to the Cross-Straits Treaty Organisation, we see these ventures carried out under the joint banner of the Cross-Straits nonetheless. At times we also forget that this accumulation of military might has peaceful and humanitarian applications as well: from the deployment of hospital ships to using the ability of nuclear powered carriers to distill sea water into that which is fit for human consumption, the applications of the capabilities of the CSTO have never been confined to a purely defensive arrangement as it were: we’ve helped nations outside of the alliance, whether through lending our might to causes ranging from national defense to ensuring their right to self-determination was upheld, or bringing free and uncensored information to the People of Zachachevania who lived under perhaps the most despotic government under the Warsaw system besides the Untied Soviet Russia itself.

We have in our hands something which can not only defend us, but can be utilized, truly, as a force for good in the world around us. How does the CSTO proceed from here, some may ask? We bring those thirsting water, well, water, we enrich those thirsting for knowledge open access to the world around them, and we stand by those who have no other means to defend themselves, who would otherwise have no advocate in their corner an advocate who will stand beside them, follow their lead, and enable them to stand another day living in freedom upon their terms. Where problems may be produced by some, allow us to offer solutions not just for ourselves, but because we share the belief that each human life has value, that it is worth defending, and that each People are worthy and deserving to chart their own course upon this blue marble we all share.

We have seen the challenge of international organisations in the past to effectively adapt to the contemporary international and geopolitical security reality while providing new, adequate answers to novel challenges and scenarios: the Commonwealth Treaty Organisation and its predecessor, the Covenant of Nations, being two prime examples of this while also highlighting the dangers of bureaucracy which often proved to hamstring the institutions in fulfilling even their most basic of purposes. Having the courage and fortitude to look beyond old ways of thinking, in relying upon strategies and approaches which are truly no longer relevant, looking to younger generations and encouraging them to share their ideas and solutions to the challenges we face is also a key component to ensuring the idea of an obsolete CSTO is wrong. We cannot allow ourselves to fall behind the ever-changing pace of political and technological developments, issues which demand us to look at the character and role of the Organisation itself.

In situations which would require the swift response of the Organisation I propose the creation of a new rapid reaction force comprising land, air, sea and special forces units with the capacity of rapid deployment, within 48 hours of receiving orders. These forces could be utilized both in defensive and disaster relief operations, with an initial target of 50,000 troops from across the Organisation. Through this Rapid Response Force we would increase our capabilities in providing for the collective defence of our members should Article V be invoked, providing for an initial force deployment in the build-up of a much larger force, disaster relief, peacekeeping operations, as well as crisis management and the protection of critical infrastructure.

We can look to revitalizing the Joint Protectorate Sphere to aid nations beyond the most obvious applications, perhaps bringing the Mundus Development Bank under the umbrella of the Cross-Straits Community and unlocking those funds so that they may truly achieve the goals of the Bank: increasing the standards of living across Mundus and lifting people up across nationalities and borders. We can work with existing organisations and alliances in those areas where we share common cause and, even in the absence of an overreaching institution such as the CTO, we can work to achieve its goals in spirit if not in form. The options before us are only limited beyond what we, here, today, are willing to commit to and the ideas we can share with one another to seeing the CSTO as an agile and adaptive force in an ever-changing Mundus.

If we put our mind to it, if we put our collective spirits behind this, I am confident that there is nothing we cannot face together. Is the CSTO thus obsolete? I think not, we merely need to realize that the best way to utilize strength is to employ it on behalf of those who lack it, who at times lack a voice or, unfortunately, even a sip of water to quench their thirst. There is so much more we can do if we only ask ourselves ”if I saw someone with less than me what can I do to bring some hope to their horizon?

I leave the floor open, thank you.”

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2022, 12:16:44 AM »
Serenity and Sakura hadn't been this insulted in a while, the two of them had both served as Secretary General of the CTO and both knew very well why it had fallen apart and the word bureaucracy wasn't a factor at all in that equation. Serenity reached down to her bag that sat against the legs of the chair she was sat in and took out an envelope from it.

"Today I may have come here to present the previous item of business but this item is the one that is being watched and followed by a whole lot of people, ourselves and our Daitojin friends evidently share the same concerns on this matter. One of the greatest tests of every organisation is put simply what are you going to do when you have to police one of your own? I had the responsibility of being Secretary General of the CTO during a time where that organisation faced this challenge and while it was ultimately able to sufficiently answer the challenge it should not have taken the lengths it took or the time it took to do it. What should have been a simple resolution authorising an investigation into the Andean Genocide was dragged out, argued against and demeaned to the point where insults were being hurled across the chamber at the Palace of Nations and even then what forced it through was not an argument on the floor but a proposal to move the organisations headquarters to Dartfordia, that spoke volumes and the world took notice of the attitude. To make matters worse while the CTO was buried under all manner of arguments by one of its members as to why some people shouldn't be investigated Cultists were dying in Royal Seleucid and rather than act on the more pressing matter we got more irrelevant debate - lessons not learned, broken promises, over reliance on the same two nations over and over again, too many issues missed and an inappropriate attitude, that's the recipe for failure.

A lot of what Princess Kyoko has said speaks of the Cross Straits system and potential changes to that, she has not spoken of changes to the CSTO and when the topic is the future of the CSTO that is not helpful. When I look at the CSTO I see an organisation that operates on the basis of a defence clause, there's nothing wrong with that but we increasingly see odd decision making, lack of communication with allies in advance of actions being taken, a worrying inability to adapt to the challenges and world of post 2014 Mundus. The CSTO asks one thing of its members a willingness to put troops on the line to defend each other, that's the article five guarantee but here's the thing there comes a point where we all as individual members have to ask the hard questions, I look at the record over the last few months and it's not a good picture, the character of organisations is reflected by its members, the moment one behaves in a heavy handed manner all the others are perceived as the same, it is not the CSU people get critical about, it is not the CSSEA people get critical about it's the CSTO and that affects a lot beyond these walls the view from Valtheim and Shinkyō is that this summit is make or break. I believe Achkaerin would always have any of your backs if you were attacked but whether inside or outside the CSTO and would cooperate if the cause be just, and I say this with the greatest of respect for everyone here, Achkaerin along with East Moreland largely carried the CTO, we will not stick around to see a repeat performance of that, this is not 2014 it is 2022, the time for meaningful change is now, if that change isn't forthcoming then I will wish you all the best and walk out that door."

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2022, 12:47:03 AM »
"The best place to begin is thus placing items for consideration on the floor for those changes desired," Kyōko replied. "For my part, and something which I feel addresses concerns such as heavy handedness, I recommended "...that all deployments of military assets, outside times of active conflict or national security, require the concurrence of the Empress and Vicegerent before orders are issued for Rokkenjiman assets, for example those of the Imperial Rokkenjiman Navy, to be deployed unless the deployment has a clear and defined purpose related to the defense of the First Empire, the defense of a Rokkenjiman ally, or upon the request of a foreign nation in distress." Having lived in the Illumic I've had a view in the field, so to say, of the ramifications of actions such as the Rokkenjiman missile tests which took place there. I would wish to hear what ideas you would have so that we may see all concerns addressed prior to moving forward."

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2022, 03:34:12 AM »
Suketoshi rested his head against his hand as he listened to the princess rattle on about her proposal to change how Rokkenjima handled foreign military deployments, believing it were somehow a means to effect change within the CSTO. He'd bore witness, of course, to similar situations before, but usually it wasn't over something so direly important to the future not only of his nation, but of the alliance as a whole. It honestly came off as though she viewed it as a game, gambling the future of an organization her predecessors had tirelessly worked to establish.
   "And what, if I might ask, does Rokkenjiman policy on the deployment of its own forces have to do with the future of the Cross Straits Treaty Organization?" He spoke up, looking to Princess Kyōko. "How does that change the fact that, as Her Imperial Highness so aptly put it, there has been a breakdown of communication between allies? All you have done, Princess, is once again establish the basic principle of the CSTO as defensive alliance, yet you have offered no means of settling the issues at hand and instead seek to push the problem onto others." He said, standing up from his seat and resting his hands against the table, the false one hidden behind a black leather glove. With a sigh he said "The fact is you are simply dancing around these problems instead of tackling them head-on, which, forgive me for the confusion, seems awfully out of character for someone so lauded as a great stateswoman."

For a moment, he looked down at the table, pondering whether Daitō, the ancestral land which he loved so dearly, truly had a place within the alliance, whether it should remain shackled to what was rapidly becoming clear to be a corpse. He wanted to make this work, truly, he did, but this response from the Rokkenjiman delegation certainly did not fill him with much hope. Perhaps Akihara-san was right, perhaps Daitō would be better off without it? He felt as though he were in over his head, after all, he had only been in office for a month and was already having to make decisions which would likely affect his country for years to come. No. Daitō would not remain shackled, if it meant the referendum went through, so be it. But even so, he felt as though he had to try.
   "Look, in comparison to those assembled, I may not be the most qualified person in the room, but even I know that those who fail to adapt will ultimately be left behind, and sometimes, nothing can be done but to start over again, to reinvent ones self entirely. The world does not need the CSTO of 2014, but rather a CSTO born of the modern day, not stuck in its ways but eager to change to face whatever may come. But I fear that chance is gone now. We had our chance, two years ago we had our chance to change, and yet the summt in 2020 accomplished nothing, and we hardly even met in 2021, so it has become increasingly clear to me that we have no future within this alliance, that this alliance has no real future but to relegated to the history books." He said as he walked behind his seat, at which point he said "Therefore, I must ask you, though I take no pleasure in it: Having failed to adapt when we needed to, should the CSTO continue to exist?"

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2022, 04:25:26 AM »
“I wasn’t expecting to dissect the issue beyond what is obvious, but I shall so that we all remain on the same page,” Kyōko would offer a slight sigh. “We have seen a series of Rokkenjiman actions and deployments of a unilateral manner, lacking communication prior to in most cases, with anyone sat here before us today. These actions are then, wrongly, conflated as actions by multiple powers as actions of the CSTO. Restoring sensible policy and tipping the scales back toward diplomacy and consensus-building are two things within my immediate power to effect and addresses an issue I identified in the First Empire I represent which very much affects the future of the CSTO.”

“Your assessment as to what I have done is likewise incorrect,” she continued as she stood and walked around the table, looking to Suketoshi at times as she did. “I provided an opening statement, a platform from which to spring further discussion, and opportunities for all to share their concerns, so that we may together propose solutions. I am a firm believer in consensus building, and I would not wish to tilt the discussion, one way or another, on my own biases. I highlighted that change is necessary, that adaption is of the utmost importance, and I left the floor open for concerns to be shared, and solutions to be approached by all of us.”

“What you have mistaken as “dancing around these problems” was a gesture for all of us to place our issues on the table and build consensus from there. As you have been incapable of meeting me at that point I shall oblige you; I usually wish to allow my partners to speak first as a host, however I can see that is not the correct approach. Hopefully this may serve as a learning opportunity for future functions to which you are sent,” she concluded, having returned to her seat where she opened a binder before her.

“While the principle of common defense should remain central to the Cross-Straits Treaty Organisation there is much more that the Organisation should, and must, do in the modern era. Firstly, the question of the Cross-Straits itself: we’ve the Cross-Straits Union and the CSTO joined in a most unusual arrangement: two institutions born of the same common spirit, yet conjoined imperfectly. Whereas we’ve seen institutions such as the CNN and SUN capable of moving forward in ventures beyond mere common defense even with the fruition of the Cross-Straits Community the constituent institutions remain largely separate.”

“I believe that the separation between the CSU and the CSTO are a hinderance, I also believe that the model of annual summits precludes the Cross-Straits from actively adapting to a Mundus which changes as each day passes. What I propose, and what the Empress supports, is the removal of divisions between the CSU and the CSTO, we shall move forward as the Cross-Straits Community. In the place of annual summits I propose that any head of state be capable of calling for a meeting of the CSC on any matter of joint importance, we’ll call them “working groups”, to tackle issues ranging from humanitarian crises abroad, issues central to the defense of the Community, international or civil conflicts, and those issues of importance which I have not stated here. We shall also see that members shall be mandated to approach issues as an alliance, and while the First Empire has not set the best example there, it is fully committed to returning to a strategy which sees consensus-based decision making central to its foreign policy, and as the gold standard which the Cross-Straits Community shall uphold.”

“These ‘working groups’ will enable us to be able to discuss situations as they are happening, propose solutions and pursue results, and increase the efficiency and ability of the Cross-Straits Community to be a capable, adaptive and modern force in the Mundus of today. ICON communications will be expanded to provide for dedicated, secured and instantaneous communications between the members of the Community so that we all may communicate beyond standard meetings to discuss matters of importance, whether they originate within the Community or the international community at large. I believe many of these proposals cover the issues in communications as well as ensuring a level of adaptability is baked into our future, would you not agree?” she again looked to Suketoshi.

“I shall pause there,” Kyōko said, “and offer the floor for ideas other than my own. Do understand that this is not pushing problems onto anyone, but ensuring our partners are exercising an equal voice. Not any one of us will have all of the answers to these issues, and I value hearing the answers all of us do have so we may produce a result which is truly representative of each and every member of the Cross-Straits. The floor is open.”

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2022, 05:16:40 AM »
"Lessons not learned, failure to recognise and address problems, incapability to adapt, a series of poorly handled incidents stretching all the way back to 2014, that's the legacy of the CSTO." Serenity said "Stop treating us with contempt or you're not going to have a Cross Straits anything by the end of this. The idea of merging the CSTO and the CSU was suggested by your nations Viceregent when you reformed the organisation and was roundly rejected by the Tytorian Government, there having been no changes to the CSU treaty that notion is surely dead on arrival." she turned her gaze firmly on Kyoko "The Prime Minister asked a valid question and the answer to that question whether we like it or not is most likely no. You've spoken about how the CSTO can fulfill the spirit, purpose and goals of the CTO an organisation that no longer exists, so tell me why something new built from scratch cannot embody the spirit, purpose and goals of the CSTO? The Prime Minister has questioned whether it should continue to function and I don't believe it's fit for purpose at least not currently, that is half the membership questioning this, I would take that very seriously if I were you. Sometimes you have to do the thing you don't want to do, it's time to stop clinging to the relic and consider all the options. Don't be stubborn, realize the potential."

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2022, 05:50:48 AM »
"And what precisely would you propose? We've gone from a position of revitalising the CSTO quite swiftly to a position of pronouncing it dead. We already have systems in place, infrastructure in place, joint base agreements, what does a new institution accomplish that we cannot accomplish through working with what we already have in our hands? If we are to replicate already existing capabilities and capacity under a new institution, there has to be a damned good reason, which as of present does not present a strong argument over working with what we already have built."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Tytor

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2022, 06:41:01 AM »
Thatcher had been carefully taking notes throughout this exchange and now spoke up.  "If I may interject," she said, "There seems to be an inordinate amount of hostility being tossed around among these supposed allies.  It's a little disquieting for me, to be transparent with you.  Tytor relies upon the CSTO in its current form as a principal part if our national security, and it is quite frankly news to me that there's anything wrong with it.  If anything, I wonder if maybe the biggest problem being faced right now is not a clash of personalities.  Mind, I am very interested to hear what my Achkaerinese colleagues have in mind regarding the alliance, but first I have a few words of my own to add - food for thought, as it were.

"One proposal that's been made in good faith, and then immediately dismissed, is that of a merger between the CSC's constituent organizations.  While I agree with the Achkaerinese delegation that my country is unlikely to approve of such a measure, I'm concerned by the brusqueness with which the suggestion was put down.  This is not how we build and maintain good will, and I worry that maybe tempers are starting to flare in a manner that is most unbecoming of experienced diplomats.

"It is my position, like it or not, that the CSTO is the best option for the continued collective security of our respective countries.  A replacement organization serves no purpose beyond what the CSTO already gives us, and in fact would add months of negotiation and debate to a potential process of reform.  At that point, I would find myself forced to wonder why the old treaty was thrown out to begin with, and I guarantee that if I am wondering that, much of the Tytorian Parliament will have been wondering it for weeks before.

"Now is not the time to throw the baby out with the bathwater.  Let's not waste time and breath rehashing perceived slights and old grievances.  Pointing fingers will not help here.  At any rate, I've said my piece.  Tytor does not support merging the CSTO with the CSU at this time, though I'm willing to take a second look at the Union's present charter to see if I believe accommodations could potentially be made.  More so, however, Tytor opposes replacing the CSTO, tried and tested as it is, with a new, unproven organization designed to accomplish the same goal.  I'll reiterate that I've not seen issues with the CSTO's organization and conduct prior to this meeting, so I'm curious about what my colleagues think the problem is.  Please, explain your countries' issues with the alliance to me."  She lifted her notebook off the table for a moment.  "As you can see, I'm all ears."
His Majesty Michael the First, by the Grace of God, King of Tytor and her Colonies, and Lord Protector of Floodwater

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2022, 06:47:15 AM »
Kyōko could see why Thatcher had gained the nickname "Iron Lady" and shot her a smile while awaiting the inevitable responses. She turned to her phone as she awaited to compose a quick text.

"Regardless of what happens here it is the opinion of the Imperial Rokkenjiman Government that the Kingdom of Tytor is our most consequential ally in the contemporary space. Should we be incapable of reaching an amicable resolution with our partners, we shall immediately seek the strongest of bilateral treaties with the Kingdom of Tytor, Empress Evanthe has proposed the "Cross-Straits Accords". I'm in this with you."

Setting her phone on the desk before her the grin of the Princess persisted.

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2022, 06:59:46 PM »
Serenity shook her head in disbelief, the reply coming from Thatcher spoke volumes, she was fairly convinced she was flogging a dead horse at this point, taking a breath she thought how to word her response.

"When was the last time any of your nations engaged in a diplomatic meeting with a nation not within the Cross Straits system?" Serenity asked "Do you know what happens when you do? They're hesitant to engage and they wonder whether it's worth it why? Because the nation making the approach is in the CSTO, an organisation that they view as anything from a nuisance, to troublesome to an outright threat. More and more what creates the obstacle is not anything to do with us but with our association to this organisation, it's a weight around our necks that drags us under the water and to a large extent hinders our ability to conduct and establish our own relationships independent of it. The CSTO is a defence treaty, one easily replicated by the agreeing of two or three bi-lateral treaties between it's members. The CSTO may be tried and tested but it hasn't been tested since 2014, and now in 2022 is increasingly viewed with hostility and suspicion because of the conduct of one of its members, there's only so many times we can be asked to defend the indefensible, there's only so many chances that can be given and we're at a point now where a few too many have been given. The damage is long since done, the patient is dying, the treatment is palliative, the only question is how long does it take? I take no pleasure in this but like it or not this organisations liabilities now outweigh the benefits, let's not keep it on life support, let it die and let it be remembered for when it did good, build something new, something that covers more than just defence - what about trade, culture, sport, science, education and welfare? Look at the most successful and functional organisations on Mundus they're all broad churches, the CSTO is not it is one thing, one thing easily replicated, easily continued through other means. We can have our cake and eat it but the cost is going to be consigning the CSTO as it presently stands to history, collective security can be retained as part of a successor, something different, something new. There's a tradition when an Achkaerinese monarch is crowned, each of the constituent nations presents them with a symbol, usually a ceremonial weapon, this represents the title of Margrave or Magravine that the monarch holds, but each Emperor or Empress receives their own set, a new set for a new reign. So why not a new organisation for a new Mundus and a new era?"

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2022, 07:27:51 PM »
"I'm willing to listen and consider what you've got in mind, however, we do have the Cross-Straits Union to consider as well, an organisation which I firmly believe has no reasons for shuttering. What would this proposed successor look like?"

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2022, 03:45:50 PM »
"That would be a matter for the relevant governments." Serenity said as Sakura handed her a notebook and pen before then taking out her own "Depending on what we build here we may find ourselves asking whether the CSU is in fact surplus to requirements, as I say that is however a matter for people in Valtheim, Pyrena and Nakim to figure out." she finished writing the words 'collective security' in her book before adding 'robust, more defined, clarity' underneath and underlining it "As for what something new may look like, you tell me, the advantage of a blank canvas is that the artist is free to express themselves. What we have the opportunity to do here is create something new, something about more than just defence, we could see trade play a part, we've got sat in this room two nations that are lighting up space exploration, surely that should be taken advantage of. Gowu is home to the Vault of Faith - a significant Rosari temple, there are clearly cultural similarities between our nations yet we do little to foster that, what about the field of education? What about ease of travel? What about sport? The CSTO was born of necessity to do one job, a job done in 2014, yet it never built further and turned into what I would call an organisation founded on friendship. That is what the successor, if there is to be one, should be it should be something that embodies friendship and cooperation across multiple areas, look at the Mundus of 2022, look at the challenges of today, ignore the politics of home and dare to dream a little, be the artist and tell me what picture you would paint, what you would include?"

Offline Tytor

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2022, 05:50:43 PM »
By now, Thatcher was fully offended, though it only showed for a second or two.  She'd just been treated like a naughty little girl, and her country's concerns had been dismissed out of hand.  It felt like a slap in the face, especially coming from Serenity, with whom she had always gotten along fairly well.  "Excuse me, Your Highness," she said calmly, "But you appear to have missed my point.  To put it plainly, dissolving the CSTO and replacing it with something else is off the table.  I am happy to work with my allies to reform it and help the CSC grow into something more, something better than it is.  However, for that to be of any use, my allies must be willing to do the same - give a little in order to get, so to speak.

"You are correct about one thing.  The CSTO is a defense treaty, and a good one.  You are wrong about others, though.  You claim it's not been tested since 2014; clearly, it's being tested now, and it's been being tested repeatedly over the years.  See, the CSTO was never merely about fighting large wars in foreign lands - it's a defense treaty, after all, meant to keep our nations safe.  And you would throw that all away in favor of... sports?

"Your goals appear to me to have shifted toward making the CSC more of a cultural agreement, which is fine with me, but I still fail to see how cutting out the defense aspects helps accomplish any of this.  No, we instead should focus on taking your ideas, as well as Princess Kyoko's and some of my own, and perhaps crafting a new constituent organization for the CSC.

"The CSC was designed to be modular.  No one member would ever be forced to belong to all of its parts.  If the Holy Empire of Achkaerin feels that the CSTO no longer serves its interests, that's fine.  Membership in it is not mandatory for continued membership in the CSC as a whole.  You want something new?  Let's create something new.  A Cross-Straits Cultural Association, or a Cross-Straits Education Initiative, or whatever it is you have in mind.  But new and old are not mutually exclusive.  It is my intention to keep the CSTO, as it continues to serve its purpose and Tytor's interests.  I am happy to negotiate on the creation of something, anything, new, but tying that to the dissolution of a defense organization that still serves its purpose is a non-starter.  So let's forget about dismantling what works and focus instead on other suggestions for the future."

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2022, 02:48:56 AM »
"I see a solution which preserves the spirit and kinship of the CSTO and recognizes that evolution is a natural part to anything, whether it be a living being, a culture, community, or organisation. We can build together something which strengthens bonds, deepens cultural understandings and cooperation, maintains collective defense, and hones our capabilities beyond the traditional remits we've seen in the past. Perhaps the decisions we make here today provides the support for the next great mind, wherever they may be, who will make the next great breakthrough. Whether that be in the heavens above us or the seas which surround us, or solves an issue for which no one presently has an answer, that alone would be worth it. Between each of us exists strong bodies of research and scientific advancement, and while we've seen some moves in the right direction on those pursuits we most certainly could be doing better."

"If I were to have my ideal organisation, it would see cooperation extend to each of these spheres and beyond. Perhaps the addition of stronger diplomatic institutions, capable of solving crises before they reach the point of bullets flying? Imagine a Diplomatic Corps capable of strategically working in problem areas, bringing both sides to the table before the rumble of the drums of war are even heard? Rokkenjima values the principles of common defense that were born of the CSTO, yet as we've seen exemplified by my own nation sadly the first tool often reached for is the carrier, not the pen. It's hard to say how certain situations could've turned out had the pen been utilized, had hands been shaken, and I'd like to think between all of us assembled that if we can craft a solid defensive capacity we most certainly could assemble a crack team of diplomats capable of identifying issues and bringing solutions to the table. That's just one aspect, but it goes to show the opportunities we can explore once we get to thinking, and I'm sure there's more good ideas around the table as I speak."

"So let's share those ideas, see where it goes, put those ideas to paper and then consider the merits of the results of our work. Let us consider whether the road not taken has a destination that may prove most certainly worth the journey."

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2022, 05:58:10 AM »
"Let's try this," Kyōko said as she passed a paper, first to Serenity, "I've got a few ideas noted down, we pass this around, add and remove from it, and build ourselves a template from which to mutually work forward from. Then, once we've got the bones figured out, if we like what we've reached together, something a bit more formal can be built from that."

Determine what is to be kept from the CSC while exploring further joint educational efforts.
Consider the following additions:

Executive Operational Council:
Permanent council with one representative from each member state. As a persistent body it will enable the efficient sharing of information, as well as acting as a first response institution for decisions which require swift action, with this initial response being followed up upon. Will be composed of top geopolitical minds from each nation with years of experience under their belt to enable the best decisions to be made in swift order.

Joint Diplomatic Council:
Composed of top diplomats from across the alliance it will be capable of identifying and providing solutions to crises before military options become a concern.

Cultural Affairs Council:
Deepens cultural connections between the nations and their peoples, organizes festivals, matters of faith, etc.

Joint Scientific Agency:
Self-explanatory; joins the capabilities and energies of the collective research and scientific bodies to advance our understanding of Mundus and the heavens around us.

Mutual Aid Component:
Building a network of support which will be capable of addressing natural disasters, man-made disasters, and other crises not specifically of a military nature through the concept of mutual aid.

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2022, 04:07:48 PM »
"Can we please not repeat the same mistakes?" Serenity said "Three councils screams modular and smacks of CSC 2.0, that's not going to fly, if we expect something different to work it has to actually be different not just dressing the CSC up in a new dress and giving it new trinkets. One organisation, with one treaty covering everything is what is needed, that means one council not three. Stop thinking about 'let's just add stuff to what we've got' and approach it as if you're building something new."

Membership - eligibility criteria and admission process

The Council - Decision making body, processes and so on

Diplomacy - embassies, communication and other such matters

Cultural Affairs - cultural connections between the nations and their peoples

Trade and Travel - terms of a trading agreement between the members and rules of travel between member states. (to some extent a rolling over of the CSU but in  greatly reduced form, detail and extent)

Science - Self-explanatory; joins the capabilities and energies of the collective research and scientific bodies to advance our understanding of Mundus and the heavens around us.

Security and Mutual Aid Component - Rolling over CSTO defence clause, adding new measures to underpin it, measures to deal with crises etc

Disclaimer

Withdrawals - process by which members withdraw

Signature

Offline Tytor

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2022, 09:39:34 PM »
Thatcher was losing patience.  "Your Highness, I believe I've already said, twice now, that doing away with the modular nature of the CSC is unacceptable to Tytor, and is accordingly off the table.  You seem determined to fix something that isn't broken.  What's more, you seem determined to do it against the wishes of your allies.  If this organization is to be a partner of equals, we must be willing to compromise, to come together to work out an agreement.  We cannot expect to be able to dictate terms like a conquering army.  If you intend for this to be an organization where you can dictate its form over the repeated objections of your allies, then my government will have no part in it, and that is final.

"As I am sure that is not your intent, I need you to work with me here.  The modular nature of the CSC must remain intact going forward, but I am entirely willing to work with you to improve and build upon what we have.  I've already made that clear.  My original preference would have been to leave it as it is, but I have already budged from that position.  I've given you some ground - now it's time for you to reciprocate."

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2022, 09:53:06 PM »
"This battle of wills gets us nowhere," Kyōko said. While she sympathized with Thatcher she also was willing to explore a blank canvas. "While I cannot control what anyone does I, for Rokkenjima at least, see merit in the proposal we've just had laid before us. We're getting ideas on paper together and that is a process which is yielding more results than any prior effort to this point. Rokkenjima remains committed to working on this present path, getting good ideas down, and building something that will stand for the foreseeable future. I don't believe this opportunity should pass us by, and it shall if we allow it to. Please, sit with me, and let's take a step back and review what's before us."

As she awaited the decisions Kyōko reviewed the proposal set before her, making notes and brainstorming ideas. "Do inform me if this work is for naught," she said as she worked.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Tytor

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2022, 10:15:07 PM »
"I see no merit in a proposal that effectively hamstrings this organization," Thatcher said, "What it amounts to is dissolution of the entire CSC, which I cannot in good conscience support.  What's more, even if it didn't, the fact that it is the exact same proposal I have already rejected twice makes me feel that the interests of my country are being ignored, and I shall not stand for that.  Tytor is a full member of this organization, not a vassal state of any of its allies.  We can compromise, but I need to see willingness to do so, or else this summit has failed altogether."

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2022, 10:35:57 PM »
"I respect that position, however, I have personally committed to seeing the results from the blank slate approach and weighing my decision once we have that proposal on the table. While I certainly had vastly different expectations and goals when I opened this Summit those are, unfortunately, no longer before us. Thus I am doing the best I can to work with the circumstances as they stand."

Membership - eligibility criteria and admission process

The Council - Decision making body, processes and so on

Diplomacy - embassies, communication and other such matters

- Diplomatic Fast Response Force:

A crack team of diplomats from across the alliance who will be capable of identifying and providing solutions to crises before military options become a concern. Essentially using the rapid response force model utilizing diplomatic and analytical tools instead of arms.

Cultural Affairs - cultural connections between the nations and their peoples

Promotion of religious links, harmonization of relations between different faiths, rotating cultural festivals all sound like something which could be of benefit.

Trade and Travel - terms of a trading agreement between the members and rules of travel between member states. (to some extent a rolling over of the CSU but in  greatly reduced form, detail and extent)

Free trade area?

Science - Self-explanatory; joins the capabilities and energies of the collective research and scientific bodies to advance our understanding of Mundus and the heavens around us.

Use CSSA as a model for a more comprehensive scientific and exploration body?

Security and Mutual Aid Component - Rolling over CSTO defence clause, adding new measures to underpin it, measures to deal with crises etc

Joint Protectorate Sphere successor?

Disclaimer

Withdrawals - process by which members withdraw

Signature

"There'll be more as this continues, however, my notes thus far."

Beatrice Anselmo