Author Topic: Annual CSC Summit  (Read 5077 times)

Offline Tytor

• Regional Power
  • All the world's a stage...
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Tytor
Re: Annual CSC Summit
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2022, 10:48:52 PM »
"Then you have committed to the failure of this summit," Thatcher said after a moment, "I cannot in good conscience continue my personal involvement in this meeting if my country's concerns are to be continually ignored by its closest allies.  Mr. Major will continue to represent Tytor in my absence, and he has his instructions.  Now, if you'll excuse me, I have more important things to do than be dictated to."

With that, Thatcher passed her notebook to Major, picked up her remaining effects, and left the room.
His Majesty Michael the First, by the Grace of God, King of Tytor and her Colonies, and Lord Protector of Floodwater

Factbook -- News -- Press Office

Former Governor-General of The Infinite Alliance
Former Ambassador to Albion and the Global Right Alliance
Former Vice Premier and Speaker of the Senate of the Independent Order
Professional Procrastinator

Non-partisan and proud of it

"A witty saying proves nothing." - Voltaire

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2022, 11:05:25 PM »
Serenity watched Thatcher walk out and took a breath know it or not Prime Minister you may have just contributed to the success of this summit. she thought

"For any organisation to operate successfully it requires international credibility, the Cross Straits en mass has lost that credibility, no amount of tweaking is going to get that back, the system is not trusted therefore it cannot function, it is weakened by having all the components separate, it is weakened by not having accountability, it is viewed increasingly with suspicion and hostility. You have one member about to have a referendum on membership of this organisation based on concerns that three nations at this table have acknowledged exist, retain the system model and you're just creating CSC 2.0 and retaining the same problems that will continue to fester. I have put on the table a proposal that does what has to be done, dissolves the CSC as it stands, builds one organisation that embodies the spirit of all three Cross Straits bodies into it to succeed it, expanding what we do, greatly increasing the areas in which we can cooperate and actually addresses the baggage the CSC carries. Do you seriously believe that I would say scrap the CSC if there were a viable alternative? Of course I wouldn't but the truth is that there is no viable alternative. The CSC needs a full scale overhaul and part of that is letting it go to build anew. That's my opinion and I'm not the only one at this table who holds it. I'm not forcing this, I'm saying this is the position of the Achkaerinese Government. Wholesale change is required."

Serenity looked at Kyoko "Your certainly an Anselmo." she continued "But you don't need to be including a rapid response diplomatic force there, we all acknowledge diplomacy is the first resort and that should have its place, however to my mind that would form part of the security component not in a part where we'd be including stuff about embassies in each others nations, resolving disputes diplomatically and so on."

Offline Tytor

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2022, 11:11:01 PM »
"Your Highness, I'm sorry to have to say this," Major interjected, "But even without Prime Minister Thatcher present, Tytor still will not accept your proposal.  It is unnecessary, and will ultimately destroy the very organization you claim to want to fix.  If you press forward on this matter, I and the rest of my delegation will leave next, and you will find that your insistence on dictating unpopular terms has done nothing but isolate your country.  Please, for the sake of the relationship between our governments, drop this.  You are only hurting yourself."
His Majesty Michael the First, by the Grace of God, King of Tytor and her Colonies, and Lord Protector of Floodwater

Online Achkaerin

• Lord Chief Justice
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: the Holy Empire of Achkaerin
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2022, 11:26:19 PM »
"Four nations at this table, three of them know the issues I've raised exist that should tell you plenty Mr Major. I said earlier it's adapt or die, it is quite clear that Tytor is determined to cling to an organisation that is no longer credible in the eyes of the international community, if that's the choice then so be it but Achkaerin will have no part in it." she took an envelope from Sakura and put it on the table "The Holy Empire of Achkaerin hereby serves notice of its intention to withdraw from the Cross Straits Community." she stood up and smiled at Kyoko and the Daitojin Prime Minister "You know where to find me when you want to put more meat on those bones." she stood and left followed by Sakura.

Offline Daitō

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
  • Boldly staying where everyone has gone before
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: The Empire of DaitoTIO
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2022, 11:38:21 PM »
   "One year, eight months, and two weeks. That is how long it has been since the Empire of Daitō signed the Cross-Straits Treaty." Prime Minister Heishi said as he stood up yet again. "For all that time, I, like many of my peers, had hoped that this arrangement would prove beneficial to our people, and yet, it has become clear that such is not the case. I need not remind you now what the consequences of this summit are, that Daitō would withdraw should negotiations fail, but I will instead leave you with this." He stated, his voice calm, his eyes on the remaining individuals at the table. "The Empire of Daitō entered this alliance under the belief that it would service our own interests as much as it would yours. However, it has become apparent in the last two years that this is not so, that the Cross-Straits Treaty Organization is as a corpse, and we will not be shackled to a corpse. As such, although the referendum will continue, likely to succeed as our people have grown disillusioned with the alliance, I offer you now our notice of withdrawal from the Cross-Straits Community, set for August the first of two-thousand twenty-two." He spoke before turning away. "I wish you the best, and while I would be pleased to work alongside you once more, this where we must part ways." He said before walking away, his delegation joining him, leaving them behind.

Offline Tytor

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2022, 11:44:26 PM »
In all his days as a diplomat, Major had never seen someone so wrong, and yet so convinced they were right.  Serenity was supposed to be a strong negotiator, and a skilled diplomat in her own right, and yet she left the meeting looking petty, like a sore loser.  She had certainly done nothing but harm her own nation's interests, as far as Major could tell, and she'd deprived herself of some of her strongest allies in the process.  This new world was going to be... interesting.

This analysis took Major all of five seconds.  "Well, that was... interesting," he said, glancing at Kyoko, "I guess the next question is, where do we go from here?  Tytor's position has not changed, mind; we're stilling willing to see the CSC grow beyond where it's at.  Apparently unlike the Achkaerinese, we're willing to compromise.  What shall we discuss next?"

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2022, 12:29:00 AM »
"I wouldn't even know at this point," she replied with a sigh. "I believe that we should conclude discussions for the day and return tomorrow. The air within this room is heavy and needs to clear."

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline Tytor

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2022, 12:54:26 AM »
"Very well," Major said, collecting his notes, "I'd better report to the Prime Minister.  She should be back in the room tomorrow as we move forward."

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2022, 08:08:06 AM »
On the second day of talks she entered the room, "So, where do we take things from here?" she said with a smile.

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Tytor

• Regional Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2022, 08:14:41 AM »
"Yesterday's drama interrupted our discussions on the CSTO, I believe," Thatcher said, taking a cursory glance at her notes, "We can either pick up where we left off, or move on to Centralia.  In my personal opinion, it may be worth discussing what adaptions will be necessary for the CSTO's future in the aftermath of the Achkaerinese and Daitoan withdrawal.  Certainly, we'll have to discuss what this means for ICON and joint facilities like Crystal Palace, whether now or at a later date."

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2022, 02:32:06 AM »
"I have one idea, you do remember the proposals for Rokkenjima Sea Cooperative Union and its later derivative, the Dauntel Sea Association, yes? What if we use the foundation that is before us and put some meaning back into the words "Cross-Straits"? We could thus invite the Phueberans to garner their interest, and insight, toward such a proposal and build something which benefits all our our nations interests, commerce and security. Once we've got that established we may begin to work toward regional partners, extending a sphere of trade which not only makes sense, but enriches nations sharing the same region."

Beatrice Anselmo

Online Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2022, 06:36:35 AM »
"Furthermore there are certain spheres in which we are hamstrung," Kyōko continued, "such as on matters of nuclear energy and the associated issues of nuclear security. It is my belief that if we can see Tytor sign up for the MAEA it serves two purposes. One of those shows a former opponent to the MAEA joining, another sees a hurdle to Rokkenjima sharing with Tytor on a front which could benefit from closer cooperation between our nations. Therefore I propose that, should the Kingdom of Tytor join the MAEA the First Empire would be willing to supply upwards of two years of nuclear fuel for the Kingdom. We could also see the construction of one of our newest plant designs, showing that one need not surrender anything in joining the MAEA, but that they in fact gain by joining the MAEA. Rokkenjiman reactors are safe and, after all, we see the largest nuclear plant within the First Empire that can serve as a strong competitor to those states who operate outside of the remit of the MAEA. Please, take a moment to consider and do let me know your position on this offer."

Beatrice Anselmo