Author Topic: Abstergo Sees Opportunity In Samantran Market  (Read 2046 times)

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Beatrice/Rokkenjima
Abstergo Sees Opportunity In Samantran Market
« on: July 07, 2022, 09:03:21 PM »

On behalf of the Abstergo family I am pleased to see our nations begin moves toward a normalization of relations. With that comes a removal on restrictions upon Rokkenjiman firms doing business in Samantra, an opportunity which Abstergo believes we may both take full advantage of in this new chapter. As you may be aware my Division, the Financial Group, is looking to expand its offerings and services across Mundus and we would be pleased to begin operations within Samantra following the necessary approvals of the Samantran Government. To quote our previous release:

"Offering services which range from traditional banking, financial planning, lines of credit, loans, wire transfers, currency exchanges and a host of other financial products and services to harness the full potential of your money. When you open an account with our banks, which shall honour the heritage of Abstergo Industries under the name "Orchid Bank and Trust", you're entering into a partnership not only you can depend on, but one which your family may depend on for generations to come.

The AFG will also be a fitting partner to businesses across Mundus offering a robust array of services while opening the door to the world of international commerce. Utilizing the robust Abstergo Payment and Posting System (APPS) you may be confident that doing business, whether it be domestic or abroad, will not inure headaches. With a team of advisers and experts at your back you will have the tools and foresight to enable you to make decisions in situations where precious seconds may count. Furthermore, with Abstergo's expertise in Investments and Holdings you can rest assured as the same team which transformed Orchid Capital into a corporation which is today valued at र1.6tn ($900bn) will be looking out for your brighter future, helping you along the way to write the next great success story."

I am also aware of interest from Abstergo to establish an assembly line in Samantra to produce Abstergo electronics, specifically new models of phones running the AbsterGO operating system. These will be more reasonably priced models tailored for markets across Cotf Aranye, thus we would be looking to hire individuals in the region to hone these models to their intended markets. This represents another partnership, and one we hope to be able to move forward in.

Respectfully;

Iseri Norio
President
Abstergo Financial Group

Beatrice Anselmo
Grand Chancellor of the Independent Order
Empress of the First Empire of Rokkenjima

Factbook of the First Empire of Rokkenjima - Kingdom of Clysperis

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
  • Your Nation: Samantra
Re: Abstergo Sees Opportunity In Samantran Market
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2022, 01:07:54 PM »

Addressed to: President Iseri Norio
From: Stas Petrov Minister for Trade, Economy and Finance

Please allow me to begin by thanking you for your interest to invest in Samantra. As minister for trade, economy and finance my first concern is to foster a climate where business can be conducted in a manner that is as little affected as possible by non-financial aspects.

The Samantran government is pleased that the Rokkenjiman government has decide to remove restrictions on Rokkenjiman companies to invest in the Holy Kingdom. We believe it is a decision that is in the interest of both countries.

Abstergo is a conglomerate whose size and connections to the Rokkenjiman government creates concerns for us. We have large companies in the Holy Kingdom but none in the range of 900 billion roubles/USD. And to my understanding that is just one branch or division of your huge conglomerate. That level of success if of course something to admire and aspire to but it is also reason of concern that competition would be harmed by the sheer size of the company and presumed advantage of having the Royal Family of Rokkenjima as a major shareholder. Samantran laws on the matter are very strict and safeguard that business interests remain subservient to the Samantran public and its government. Therefore having such a massive corporation entering our market, it having access to sensible data (financial transactions etc) and its obvious connections to the Anselmo Royal Family is something we would rather avoid. The Samantran laws as they stand cannot stop you from entering the market and our government will not deny your company access for national security concerns because we do not wish to jeopardize the efforts made by both Her Highness Princess Kyōko and Holy Kingdom to mend relations. That being said, we strongly recommend that to find a local partner in Samantra for a joint venture or joint ownership with a specific agreement for sensitive data to be stored in Samantra. I remain available and willing to provide such partners should you so desire. 

For the establishment of an assembly line to produce Abstergo electronics we have no concerns and can even recommend a great site for investment - the port city of Lirom which will provide you great access to the Karifan Ocean, a skilled work force and a local government that is fully committed to a pro-business agenda. The city has an industrial park which still has room for further facilities. Companies that open manufacturing facilities in the industrial park have the following facilities: no property tax and licensing fees for any needed permits. The law states that these facilities have to be given for a minimum of ten years afterward it is for the local government to decide whether to extend them or not. Furthermore, companies in Samantra pay a flat tax on profits of 16% but are able to deduct any losses they incur at the end of the fiscal from the profits of the next seven years. Any reinvested profit is not taxed. The city already has seen investment by Lodja via Samantra Electronic Manufacture which produces chips, processing units, semiconductors, circuits and processors. That allows you to use them as a supplier as they would be based in the same city. Of course, the decision is yours to make according to your needs.

Please note that Samantra has a strong trade union culture and as such, employees at the manufacturing facility will likely unionize. While negotiations will not involve the Samantran government you will most likely have to provide the following benefits to employees: lump sum bonuses for Christmas and Easter, 5 days paid vacation days for events like: marriage, death of a close relative, the equivalent one month’s average wage for such events as well as a minimum wage for the company employees. That is above what the national laws require. Furthermore, you might perhaps be aware that Samantra has signed and will soon ratify the Abrahamic Declaration of Rights. While in Samantra we respect the opinion of companies including foreign owned ones about Samantra’s laws protecting and preserving the moral fabric of society, we expect them to express them only when asked by the government.   

Please let me know of your decision or if you need further information.
Respectfully yours,
Stas Petrov
Minister for Trade, Economy and Finance

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2022, 07:50:26 AM »

To: Minister Stas Petrov Minister for Trade, Economy and Finance

Abstergo is excited for this opportunity to expand and hopes to find a friendly business environment in the Holy Kingdom.

Abstergo understands the concerns which may be present in this environment and respects them. With recent events and the size of Abstergo this is to be expected, and it is prudent in business to consider all potential avenues of concern. While we will not partner with a local partner we will pledge that 100% of Samantran transactions are processed within the borders of the Holy Kingdom and will further commit that sensitive data, as stated by you, will be stored within the Holy Kingdom. We hope that these decisions will remove concerns and affirm our interests in being a good neighbour in the Samantran economy.

We have no objections to the contitions set forth for the opening of production lines in Samantra and, in our interests to being a good neighbour and a fair player in the Samantran economy, we are amendable to all conditions set forth to operating in the Samantran economy. This includes working with workers looking to unionize to ensure that the relationship between them and Abstergo is one of mutual trust.

Abstergo further confirms that it will not comment upon matters of a political nature in its operations within Samantra. Our interests align only with those which will bring profit to our shareholders and see a mutually enriching relationship between us and Samantra. We have no desire to wave a flag in Samantra and maintain our interests in a purely business relationship with any operations we engage in Samantra.

If you should have any questions for me, or if anything more is needed from me on your behalf, please do inform me.

Respectfully;

Iseri Norio
President
Abstergo Financial Group

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2022, 09:34:52 AM »

Abstergo will, in this endeavour, put into the hands of countless Samantrans the means to lift their families into a new ecomoic stratosphere, the tools which they need.. We will need Samantran engineers, Samantran programmers, and Samantran host services to enable our directive for 100% of Samantran information to be processed in Samantra before being transferred to our global network. I promise you, 100% of Samantran data will remain in Samantra, insulated from prying eyes, whether they be from Pyrettania or other foreign capitals. We are in Samantra, for Samantra.

All transanctions will be secure within Samantran hands, isolated from foreign scrutiny, but all transmitted on our globally secured network ultimately. While we appreciate local banks may fear our entrance into the market their fears are not those that should be passed onto the consumer. Abstergo will provide for countless jobs in the Samantran economy through countless IT and financial jobs that will be 100& Samantran. No data for our Samantran customers will leave the borders of Samantra.

Any further questions may be brought directly to my office.

Respectfully;

Iseri Norio
President
Abstergo Financial Group

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2022, 06:25:43 PM »
I have just finished the meeting with representatives of our largest banks where we discussed their legitimate concerns regarding Abstergo’s entry into the Samantran market.

As Minister for Trade, Economy and Finance it is my job to mediate conflicting interests in the economic sphere, to listen and identify where competition might be stifled, to help foster the conditions for fair competition so that all parties, companies and consumers, stand to gain. The financial sector is one of the most important sectors of the Samantran economy employing around half a million people and naturally the concerns they express must be listened to by me and the administration I serve. However, it is also my job to represent the interests of foreign companies that invest in the holy kingdom. During the talks I explained that current Samantran legislation allows for companies such as the one you represent to invest in the holy kingdom and that the government has no intention of blocking your investment by invoking national security laws. I also explained that, in the future, should Abstergo gain a large enough share in Samantra, it will most likely come under scrutiny of antitrust regulations but that I have every confidence that our financial sector will be able to compete so that that point is never reached. Lastly, on the issue of Samantran data remaining in Samantra, I have not been able to convince bank representatives that a gentlemen’s agreement with Abstergo will suffice and they have said they will lobby the Duma to have the “100% of Samantran data remain in Samantra” become the law of the land. Lobbying is a legal and regulated activity in Samantra and it is my assessment that their proposal will be adopted by the Duma with or without my consent. The legislature is the supreme branch of the secular government and the secular executive cannot override it. I am sure you understand that since the First Empire has a strong democratic tradition.

Should you have any question or any other feedback please feel free to contact my office. I wish Abstergo the best in its endeavors in Samantra and Mundus in general.   

Respectfully yours,
Stas Petrov

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2022, 04:44:35 AM »

Good morning,

I have been watching talks between yourself and Iseri Norio of the Financial Group. I understand your position as well as the positions of native Samantran companies and respect the significance and importance of the Samantran financial sector. Through discussions Mr. Relkin asked me to oversee I can report that Abstergo Industries have been working across divisions to ensure that Samantran data remains in Samantra. Utilizing a variety of protocols only that data which is necessary for the completion of transactions with the international financial system will be transmitted.

Abstergo Industries at present is looking to invest upwards of  र405.4m ($750m) within the first year alone. This not only covers the establishment of Orchid Bank & Trust within Samantra, but also in the construction of data centres, employment of Samantran engineers, IT professionals, and financial professionals to staff the majority of our Samantran operations, as well as the aforementioned assembly facilities for AbsterGO Phones. While we respect concerns shown by some in Samantra, and while we expect some protectionist moves, if such an attitude grows too great I cannot promise that there will be a continued interest from Abstergo to invest further in the Samantran economy. It may even cause certain Divisions to scale back their ambitions, and others to quell wholly their interests in the Samantran economy, as both camps look for a more business-friendly, and neutral, environment from which to operate in.

It is my hopes that we may avoid those scenarios, as I have it on good authority that Abstergo is looking toward making long-term investments in the Samantran economy beyond the initial figure I've shared. We look forward to employing the talented and capable people of Samantra, who will be the ones in charge of our data operations within the Holy Kingdom, and hope that we may all reach a mutual trust which benefits all of us. Furthermore, if there are any causes which members of the Duma may hold close at heart, Abstergo would be willing to adopt some charitable causes as well as fund projects in their constituencies with generous, long-term, low interest loans. If Abstergo is to show that it desires only to be a good neighbour in the Samantran economy, we are most willing to put our money where our mouths are; we merely need to know where to direct our attentions.

I look forward to your reply, as well as addressing anything else where I may be of service.

Alyssa Jensen
Executive Vice President
Investments and Holdings Division
Abstergo Industries

Beatrice Anselmo

Offline Markus

• Roleplay Manager
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2022, 07:26:49 PM »
I am impressed by the size of your planned investments and the Holy Kingdom would like see those investments come to fruition. I firmly believe Samantra is a market that provides opportunities and adequately rewards investors for their commitments. The Holy Kingdom aims to become the most competitive and developed market in the Rus’ world and having Abstergo as partner will help towards that goal. 

That being said, the will of the people of Samantra, as expressed by the Duma, is a decision the executive is bound to respect and implement. Of course, Abstergo can, like any other company, make the case to members of the Duma. Our legislature values dialogue, exchange of ideas and consensus decisions. I believe the legislative proposals submitted by our banks are reasonable and are not hampering competition on the Samantran market but I understand your perspective. My office can provide support should you choose to present your case to the members Duma.

I propose that a member of our staff meet with one of your representatives to talk at length about the needs, both spiritual and material, of various local communities and how Abstergo can use its expertise and fundraising ability to help those communities for the betterment of all sides. (OOC: that meeting will not be role-played).

Respectfully yours,
Stas Petrov

OOC: Please confirm (here or via PM) that the objective of the Abstergo lobbying is to kill the “data bill” and also please provide an approximate amount for funds used in the lobbying process. I will factor that in and write a newspost this weekend (unless RL happens, of course) about the outcome.     

Offline Beatrice

• The Golden Witch
  • Grand Chancellor
  • Global Superpower
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2022, 02:25:43 AM »

Abstergo looks forward to being a part of a competitive and thriving Samantran market, and I hope that we can embark upon a partnership toward those ends.

I am pleased that we can respect each others positions and shall look forward to meeting with your staff on a variety of projects across Samantra. These endeavours will be undertaken under the Helping Hands Initiative. We shall look to provide a variety of financing options, as well as outright donations, to causes ranging from community infrastructure to matters that touch hearts such as adoption and childcare. Furthermore, Abstergo would be willing to sell a special version of one of our products, such as the AbsterGO Phone, in a colour to be determined together, which would see up to 50% of profits from sales of these units donated to charities across Samantra.

On the matter of the "data bill" Abstergo is prepared to spend  र10.8m ($20m) to facilitate the lobbying process, in addition to holding an "open door" policy to my office for Members of the Duma to explore projects specifically tailored to advance their causes and those of their constituencies.  I understand why hesitancy exists, but I am confident Abstergo can prove that our interests in venturing into the Samantran market are the pursuit of mutually beneficial opportunities.

Alyssa Jensen
Executive Vice President
Investments and Holdings Division
Abstergo Industries

Beatrice Anselmo